Genre: thriller

Airdate: August 29th - October 11th, 2020

Airtime: Sat & Sun @ 22:30 KST

Director: Min Yeon Hong

Writer: Ban Gi Ri, Jung So Young

Official site:

http://program.tving.com/ocn/missing

Story:

It is set in a village inhabited by the souls of people who went missing while they were alive. There, a group of people search for missing bodies and try to find out what happened to each of them.

Cast:

미씽: 그들이 있었다 몇부작 등장인물 인물관계도
Go Soo as Kim Wook
Heo Joon Ho as Yan Pang Suk

http://img.lifestyler.co.kr/uploads/program/2/2179/menu/5/html/f132410691616201365(0).png

Ahn So Hee as Lee Jong Ah

http://img.lifestyler.co.kr/uploads/program/2/2179/menu/5/html/f132410693473608801(0).png
Ha Joon as Shin Joon Ho

http://img.lifestyler.co.kr/uploads/program/2/2179/menu/5/html/f132410696940062121(0).png
Seo Eun Soo as Choi Yeo Na

Supporting Cast:

Song Geon Hee as Thomas
Kang Mal Geum (강말금) as Kim Hyun Mi
GKo Dong Ha (고동하) as Kim Joon Soo
Kim Jung Eun as Jo Myeong Soon
Moon Yoo Kang (문유강) as Kim Nam Kook
Park Hye Jin as Choi Mi Ja
Ahn Dong Yeob (안동엽) as Park Beom Soo
Lee Ki Chan as Park Byeong Eun
Lee Joo Myoung (이주명) as Jang Mi
Lee Joo Won (이주원) as Park Young Ho
Jang Kyung Soo (장격수) as Detective Bok
Jang Sun Yool (장선율) as Seo Ha Neul
Ji Dae Han as Baek Il Doo

Character Chart:

Teaser:
Spoiler

OST
Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Update #4 - New rule: "No Instagram embedded posts

• Like 5

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] They were there, 그들이 있었다 - Ahn So Hee
  • 1 month later...

Go Soo, Heo Joon Ho, Ahn So Hee, And More Confirmed For Upcoming OCN Drama

Go Soo, Heo Joon Ho, Ahn So Hee, And More Confirmed For Upcoming OCN Drama

May 8, 2020
by J. Lim

Go Soo, Heo Joon Ho, Ahn So Hee, Seo Eun Soo, and Ha Joon have been confirmed for OCN’s upcoming weekend drama “Missing: They were there” (literal title).

“Missing: They Were There” will be a mystery fantasy drama that is set in a town inhabited by the souls of people who went missing when they were alive. There, a group of people will search for missing bodies and try to find out what happened to each of them.

Go Soo will take on the role of conman Kim Wook. He is handsome and can talk his way out of anything, but he uses his skills to help people in need who are helpless. One day, he finds himself in the town of Duon, where the souls live, and he faces many mysteries.

Joining him is Heo Joon Ho as the mysterious figure Jang Pan Seok, who tracks down missing people in secret. He is the connecting bridge between the outside world and the town of Duon, and he will join Kim Wook in an epic bromance as they work together.

Ahn So Hee has been cast in the role of Lee Jong Ah, an assistant to Kim Wook. She passed her civil servant exam in one go and is a level nine civil servant working at a community center, but she is also a white hacker who helps Kim Wook restore justice in society. She is set to be integral to the work that Kim Wook and Jang Pan Seok do and provide catharsis to viewers who are watching.

Ha Joon and Seo Eun Soo will play Shin Joon Ho and Choi Yeo Na. Shin Joon Ho graduated at the top of his class at the police academy and became a detective. He was set to marry Choi Yeo Na when she mysteriously disappeared a month before their wedding, and she ended up in the town of Duon.

“Missing: They Were There” is set to premiere in August.

• Like 5

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] They were there, 그들이 있었다 - Go Soo & Ahn So Hee - Premieres in September
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Missing: They were there, 미씽: 그들이 있었다 - Sat & Sun @ 22:30 KST - Go Soo & Ahn So Hee - Premieres on August 22nd

Watch: Heo Joon Ho Warns Go Soo About 2 Different Worlds In Teaser For Upcoming Mystery Drama

Jul 29, 2020
by C. Lee

OCN’s “Missing: The Other Side” has released a new mysterious teaser!

“Missing: The Other Side” is an upcoming mystery-fantasy drama set in a village inhabited by the souls of people who went missing while they were alive. There, a group of people will search for missing bodies and try to find out what happened to each of them. The drama stars Go Soo, Heo Joon Ho, Ahn So Hee, Ha Joon, Seo Eun Soo, and more.

Go Soo will play the role of conman Kim Wook, who teams up with Jang Pan Seok (played by Heo Joon Ho), the bridge between the outside world and the mysterious village.

Ahn So Hee will star as Lee Jong Ah, who secretly leads a double life — aside from her quiet day job as a civil servant, she works as a hacker by night, assisting Kim Wook.

In the new teaser, Kim Wook stands alone in the dark. He watches as Lee Jong Ah and detective Shin Joon Ho (played by Ha Joon) search for someone in the woods until the video cuts to a brighter depiction of the landscape, the world of the missing souls.

The atmosphere is still unsettling, as Shin Joon Ho’s missing lover Choi Yeo Na (played by Seo Eun Soo) and Thomas (played by Song Geon Hee) are calmly arranging flowers while Kim Wook looks on, unnoticed.

Suddenly, Jang Pan Seok shows up with his hand on Kim Wook’s shoulder. They stand in eerie darkness, and Jang Pan Seok finally says, “Go back. This is not a place where you should be.”

Seo Eun Soo Bursts Into Tears After Waking Up In Mysterious Village In New OCN Drama

Jul 29, 2020
by E. Cha

OCN’s upcoming drama “Missing: The Other Side” has shared its first sneak peek of Seo Eun Soo in character!

“Missing: The Other Side” is a new mystery-fantasy drama set in a village inhabited by the souls of people who went missing while they were alive. There, a group of people will search for missing bodies and try to find out what happened to each of them.

Seo Eun Soo will play the role of Choi Yeo Na, the missing fiancée of detective Shin Joon Ho (played by Ha Joon). After suddenly being kidnapped one month before her wedding, Choi Yeo Na wakes up to find herself in the village of missing souls—all while her fiancé is desperately searching for her on his own.

In the newly released stills from the drama, Choi Yeo Na arrives at the supernatural village clutching her phone and wearing a look of mild confusion. However, after spotting something off-camera, she falls to the ground in despair and is unable to hold back her tears as she begins sobbing.

The producers of “Missing: The Other Side” praised Seo Eun Soo’s acting, commenting, “Seo Eun Soo’s image matches up perfectly with the character of Choi Yeo Na. Additionally, her deep and detailed emotional acting as Choi Yeo Na is especially bringing the character to life.”

They added, “As the story of how she ended up at the village of souls and the secret entangled in her relationship with her fiancé Ha Joon begin to unfold, the plot will become even more intriguing. Please look forward to it.”

Seo-Eun-Soo-2.jpgSeo-Eun-Soo-3.jpgSeo-Eun-Soo-4.jpg

“Missing: The Other Side” is scheduled to premiere in August.

• Like 4

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Missing: They were there, 미씽: 그들이 있었다 - Sat & Sun @ 22:30 KST - Go Soo & Ahn So Hee - Premieres on August 29th
  • 2 weeks later...

Watch: Seo Eun Soo Desperately Needs Heo Joon Ho’s Help In Mysterious Teaser For “Missing: The Other Side”

Watch: Seo Eun Soo Desperately Needs Heo Joon Ho’s Help In Mysterious Teaser For “Missing: The Other Side”

Aug 13, 2020
by S. Nam

Upcoming OCN drama “Missing: The Other Side” released a thrilling new teaser!

“Missing: The Other Side” is an upcoming mystery-fantasy drama set in a village inhabited by the souls of people who went missing while they were alive. There, a group of people search for missing bodies and try to find out what happened to each of them. The drama stars Go Soo, Heo Joon HoAhn So HeeHa JunSeo Eun Soo, and more.

The teaser begins with the narration, “They first come wearing the clothes they were wearing,” referring to the souls that enter the mysterious Duon Village. Choi Yeo Na (Seo Eun Soo) suddenly appears at the village after scenes of a kidnapping flash by. Another narrator asks, “They come with the belonging they had the moment they died?” and Choi Yeo Na is shown once again, crying in the clothes she wore on the day she was kidnapped while clutching tightly onto her phone.

Jang Pan Seok (Heo Joon Ho), a figure at the center of the mystery surrounding Duon Village who has the ability to see souls, comments sympathetically, “I don’t know what you’re looking for, but how bad must have been the circumstances for the person who died?”

In another scene, Choi Yeo Na pleads, “Please come find me,” while Jang Pan Seok continues to dig for something, only to be shocked speechless when a white butterfly appears. Thomas (Song Geon Hee), who is another inhabitant of the village of missing souls, narrates, “The missing deceased spirits linger here until someone finds our bodies. Only the living can do that.” The text, “The village in which spirits reside. Those who hold secrets. The truth hidden inside,” appears on screen, raising anticipation for the upcoming case that will unfold in Duon Village.

Teasers in first post.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Missing: The Other Side, 미씽: 그들이 있었다 - Sat & Sun @ 22:30 KST - Premieres on August 29th
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Missing: The Other Side, 미씽: 그들이 있었다 - Sat & Sun @ 22:30 KST

Despite the eeriness of the opening scene, there is very little in terms of scares as far as Ep1 goes. Rather, it does a commendable job of laying the groundwork of Kim Wook's backstory especially with regards to his missing mother, his association with his merry band, and the mystery of Duon village which gradually gets revealed little by little, so that by the end of the episode, while not necessarily knowing all the details of how the universe works, we as viewers already have a pretty good idea. I find it novel that instead of the expected thriller and suspense elements, there is a light-heartedness throughout the hour, particularly from Kim Wook and the mysterious Jang Panseok. This is my first of Go Soo's work, and I'm enjoying his predominantly comic delivery thus far, and looking forward to more potential gravitas as the plot unfolds. Meanwhile,  the amazing Heo Joon Ho does not disappoint as always, though I was a little disheartened at his first appearance when he looked like he just walked out of the set of Come and Hug Me without a change of costume, right down to the raincoat and hoodie :P I do not know yet if I am misled by my initial impression of JPS, but for now, I love the gruffness that belie a concern for the inhabitants of the village, even to the point of making a fool of himself on their behalf. 

Safe to say Ep1 has successfully kept me invested, so I am really glad we get 2 eps a week, to help ease the wait. Fingers crossed it goes from strength to strength with a tight script, strong performances and excellent direction. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I am guessing those of you who happen to come across my post have already seen ep1 subbed. Just saying in case I spoil it for you before you see the subbed ep.  I am waiting for ep 2 subbed but I guess it's going to take another day for that to happen.:rolleyes:

I didn't really see The King: Eternal Monarch. The villain scared me off he was that good. In the King drama they crossed a different dimension when they came across a certain location. This drama does the same. SPOILER:  In this other dimension is a village where the dead live that are waiting for their bodies to be discovered. So, if your walking around there, everyone assumes you are dead. There's this old guy there that doesn't appear to be dead. Maybe he's in limbo for some reason. And many of us may assume he's the one walking around in a hooded raincoat carrying around dead bodies.   I'll  leave here except to make some observations.

The younger guy with the short blondish hair appears to be from 1800's -  the clothes.

I was surprised our lead guy knew how to use a rotary phone. The landline phones  have been dial tone for a while. Longer than the age of the lead. 

• Like 4

Ep2 cements my love for this drama and then some, and now I am very much firmly on board. Once again the script beautifully interspaces between the humorous exchange between the characters and the poignancy of the very real fate of the Duon village inhabitants. I love that rather than darkness, it is depicted as a place of sunshine, a temporary paradise for the souls who await perhaps years, if ever, for the discovery of their physical remains. We see first hand how JPS tries within his capacity to help the souls find peace, the cathartic moment he burns the page with their name, freeing it to finally leave. The significance of the white butterfly is yet unknown, one which I have not seen prior to this one, so I do not know yet whether it is keeping only these specific remains company. We learn a little more about JPS and how he embarked on his life's work about 10 years ago, though his actual backstory is unrevealed for now. There is an unexpected innocence and purity in this character, yet it should not be surprising, with the selflessness that is required to do what he has undertaken. The camaraderie between the con artist and grouchy caretaker is such a joy to behold, and it is clear that despite JPS initial misgivings, he is secretly warming to the idea that this young fellow may be the one to pass the baton to. As for KW, we quickly see the gravitas that I had hoped for in Ep1 from his relationship with little SHN whom he could not walk away, nor break the promise he had so quickly made. He very quickly pieces together the rules of the universe, and comes to the correct conclusion what must have happened. Using his ingenuity, he sets events in motion to fulfil his promise to his young friend, and brings the perpetrator to justice. The last scene had me in tears, as he finally keeps his promise, and my heart breaks along with his when they meet at last even if one of them does not realise it, both unable to hold each other in their arms anymore. Tears.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

I really like this drama. OCN has been putting out some nice dramas. 

Part of me hopes that Seo Eun soo character is not dead. That she is in limbo and she can be reunited with her fiancee. I really like her. She needs to be in more dramas.

• Like 4

I immediately got a Sixth Sense vibe in this drama after the village was introduced. I even began to wonder if the conman was dead but then I saw in the preview for episode 2 that he rejoined his friends. I don’t have much fortitude for the creepy but I must admit the mystery interests me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I just finished watching episode 2 and I really liked it. I think the detective’s fiancée might indeed be dead by the looks of the preview. Maybe this case will get him more involved in Missing Persons. I kind of get Ghost Whisperer feelings from the way Wook acts as a bridge between the deceased and the living. 

• Love 1

I thought it's gonna be a suspense thriller (read: scary) drama. But it's not scary and kinda has unique element here. I love to see more of this squad. Everyone with different backgrounds. The explanation of that village. Why ahjussi and Kim Wook are so special..

Anyway, ahjussi appearance on every crime scene, (when the victim was found). Will anyone someday notice his appearance on many crime scenes and somehow misunderstands him?

• Like 6