[Drama 2022-2023] Missing: The Other Side 2, 미씽: 그들이 있었다 2

0ly40

The new teaser appears to confirm that KW and JPS can now see missing souls even outside of villages like Duon. Can't wait for it to air!

Watch: Go Soo Encounters The Soul Of A Missing Child In Heartbreaking Yet Hopeful “Missing: The Other Side 2” Teaser

Watch: Go Soo Encounters The Soul Of A Missing Child In Heartbreaking Yet Hopeful “Missing: The Other Side 2” Teaser

Nov 22, 2022
by S. Cho

tvN has released a heartbreaking new teaser for “Missing: The Other Side 2”!

Mystery fantasy drama “Missing: The Other Side” is set in a village inhabited by the souls of people who went missing while they were alive. There, a group of people search for missing bodies and try to discover what happened to each of them. After two years, “Missing: The Other Side” is returning for a second season with Go Soo, Heo Joon Ho, Ahn So Hee, and more reprising their roles.

In the upcoming season’s first teaser, many people hustle down a busy street while walking over a missing persons poster showcasing a young child. There, talented con artist Kim Wook (Go Soo) comes face-to-face with the child who has gone missing, who is staring down at the poster of himself. On the back of the poster, Kim Wook sees the child’s desperate pleas as it reads, “Mister, please find me.”

More people then hurry down this crowded street, walking through the child rather than avoiding him – revealing the sad truth that Kim Wook is seeing the child’s soul. However, Kim Wook remains fixated on the child as the clip states, “Meeting again with those who’ve disappeared.”

Watch the teaser here!

To accompany this teaser, tvN also unveiled a special poster that features a mysterious nurse-tree on which the child’s missing poster is attached. A bright light shines through a crack in the tree, illuminating the poster and symbolizing both the desire to find those who have gone missing, and the hope that this task will be possible.

Missing-1-scaled.jpeg

“Missing: The Other Side 2” will premiere this December.

cr. Soompi

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Go Soo And Heo Joon Ho Make For An Interesting “Soul-Searching Duo” In “Missing: The Other Side 2”

Go Soo And Heo Joon Ho Make For An Interesting “Soul-Searching Duo” In “Missing: The Other Side 2”

Nov 24, 2022
by AliG

New posters for “Missing: The Other Side 2” have been revealed!

Mystery fantasy drama “Missing: The Other Side” is set in a village inhabited by the souls of people who went missing while they were alive. There, a group of people search for missing bodies and try to discover what happened to each of them. After two years, “Missing: The Other Side” is returning for a second season with Go Soo, Heo Joon Ho, Ahn So Hee, and more reprising their roles.

The new posters feature the “soul-searching duo” comprised of Kim Wook (Go Soo) and Jang Pan Seok (Heo Joon Ho) and show off their great chemistry that has carried over from the first season. One poster shows the two of them as they move to a new spirit village. Above the duo reads, “Comeback of the pair that sees souls?!”

Kim Wook can’t take his eyes off the shining protective tree ahead of him, smiling joyfully at the marvelous sight while looking to be at complete ease. Meanwhile, Jang Pan Seok can’t seem to hide his embarrassment as he stands frozen in place. The pair’s vastly contrasting reactions to the new village is sure to make viewers even more curious about the adventures they will go on.

missing-the-other-side-2-2-1.jpeg

The other poster shows off the bromance between the “soul-searching duo” as Jang Pan Seok throws an arm around Kim Wook’s shoulders while they sit under the protective tree. They look up with intrigue and the caption states, “Why do we see it again…?!” Even though they appear as completely different types of people, as made even more clear by their different choices in wardrobe, it’s exciting to think about how they will come together in the next season.

missing-the-other-side-2-1-1.jpeg

cr. Soompi

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heo Joon Ho Talks About Reprising His Role In “Missing: The Other Side 2” And What To Look Forward To In New Season

Heo Joon Ho Talks About Reprising His Role In “Missing: The Other Side 2” And What To Look Forward To In New Season

Dec 4, 2022
by AliG

Heo Joon Ho took some time to share his thoughts on returning for another season of “Missing: The Other Side“!

“Missing: The Other Side” is a mystery fantasy drama about villages inhabited by the souls of people who went missing while they were alive. After two years, the series is returning for a second season, with Go Soo, Heo Joon Ho, Ahn So Hee, and more reprising their roles.

Heo Joon Ho is coming back as Jang Pan Seok, a man who can see souls and who continues to miss his own daughter. He expressed his happiness at being able to return for another season, saying that such a continuation feels “like a miracle.”

“I felt that it would be a shame for the subject matter being dealt with in ‘Missing: The Other Side’ to end with Season 1, so I was hoping that there would be a Season 2,” he said. “So when they asked me if I was interested in doing a Season 2, I immediately said I would do it.”

heo-joon-ho-1-1.jpegheo-joon-ho-2-1.jpeg

Jang Pan Seok is one half of the “soul searching duo” in the drama, his partner in crime being Kim Wook (Go Soo). Heo Joon Ho confirmed that the duo’s chemistry is “very good” in Season 2 as well, and he mentioned how great it was to meet someone like Go Soo during filming for the first season.

He also complimented his co-star Ahn So Hee by saying, “Ahn So Hee is very innocent and beautiful, and she’s one of my juniors whose growth I can’t wait to see. She’s grown a lot since Season 1 and looks even cooler now.”

Heo Joon Ho went on to talk about his other co-star Ha Jun, describing him as someone who always asks how others are doing on a personal level and shows concern for their well-being. “He’s already very cool and admirable right now, but I believe he will become an even more reliable and sturdy actor as time goes on.”

heo-joon-ho-3.jpeg

As for what viewers can look forward to most in the new season, Heo Joon Ho chose Lee Jung Eun and Kim Dong Hwi, who will be appearing as brand-new characters. He called Lee Jung Eun “the pillar of Season 2,” saying he felt honored to be working with such a respected and talented actress. He also talked up actor Kim Dong Hwi and his many achievements, including his win at the Blue Dragon Film Awards, describing him as being on the level of a “master actor.”

Spoiler

heo-joon-ho-4.jpeg

In terms of the new season’s storyline, Heo Joon Ho commented, “The traces and presence of Jang Pan Seok’s daughter are highlighted more in Season 2. Compared to Season 1, there are many more things to see in Season 2, which is what I’m most looking forward to.”

He went on to add, “Since ‘Missing: The Other Side’ deals with the stories of the deceased and the missing, there are many sad scenes, but Season 2 also deals with things like hope, love, and happiness, so I’m curious as to how viewers will react.”

Finally, Heo Joon Ho asked viewers to look forward to Season 2, which he said “will soothe your empty heart” when it abegins airing on December 19.

cr. Soompi

• Blob 1

Go Soo, Heo Joon Ho, Ahn So Hee, And More Blur The Line Between Life And Death In New “Missing: The Other Side 2” Posters

Go Soo, Heo Joon Ho, Ahn So Hee, And More Blur The Line Between Life And Death In New “Missing: The Other Side 2” Posters

Dec 9, 2022
by AliG

tvN has released new teaser posters for the highly-anticipated second season of “Missing: The Other Side”!

“Missing: The Other Side” is a mystery fantasy drama about villages inhabited by the souls of people who went missing while they were alive. After two years, the series is returning for a second season with Go Soo, Heo Joon Ho, Ahn So Hee, and more reprising their roles.

The newest posters feature not only the “soul searching duo” Kim Wook (Go Soo) and Jang Pan Seok (Heo Joon Ho), but also Lee Jong Ah (Ahn So Hee), Shin Joon Ho (Ha Joon), and two residents of the new spirit village: Kang Eun Shil (Lee Jung Eun) and Oh Il Yong (Kim Dong Hwi). Life and death appear to coexist in one space, but it seems that the living cannot fully feel the presence of the dead and vice versa. The teaser posters get creative by selectively focusing on one group or the other, leaving the remaining characters as indistinguishable blurry shapes.

One poster asks, “Do you have someone who is forever engraved in your heart?” while the other inspires heartache by reading, “No matter where you are, until we meet again.” How exactly the line between life and death will be crossed is something viewers can look forward to in “Missing: The Other Side 2.”

missing-the-other-side-2.jpegmissing-the-other-side-2-.jpeg

“Missing: The Other Side 2” will premiere on December 19 at 8:50 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the new season here!

cr. Soompi

• 1 month later...
  • ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2022-2023] Missing: The Other Side 2, 미씽: 그들이 있었다 2 - Mon & Tues @ 20:50 KST

Soompi Forum Awards: Poll #3 - The Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022.

kdr7sTk.gif

Dear Chingus, Vote for the Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022!

re: Your  friendly, neighbourhood EO Team: 

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree with you all!!? This drama really underrated!!! Love the storyline!!

Wonder Kim Wook  & Oh il-yong's relationship with each other? Brothers???

Love episode 11!! Hopes all the kids & the adult will be found...

• Like 1

i wonder who is the guardian to Il Yong.....

I guess we know by now how they have all died. We are just waiting for the plot to unravel itself every week. The fisherman's wife probably didn't fall off the boat by herself. It might be an accident that involved that old couple.

This drama really stirs weird emotions with viewers. On one hand, we ought to be happy when the murderer is found or the body is found; on the other hand we cry buckets when the person disappears from the village because his/her body is found.  I certainly hope Il Yong wakes up. 

.....hoping for Season 3.....I have already watched Season 1 twice.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

i wonder who is the guardian to Il Yong.....

im suspecting its Goliath (i cant remember his real name.. something Pil lol).. he did tell Il Yong that the stab he did on him wasnt severe enough to kill him.. and he was still wearing the buddies ring after all this time..

sorry to jump in suddenly.. Hello Chingus!

both Missing 1 and right now 2 are really good!! agreed that the drama is very underrated.. even the eng subs came out quite late

i felt so sad when Ha Yoon and Young Rim left while giggling on the swings.. Ha Yoon is really an observant and considerate child!

is the new psycho guy, a grim reaper? i cannot relate how his sudden appearance could have buyout prison guards to murder Lee Dong Min.. and he didnt complete the statement, what made him different from Lee Dong Min?

• Like 1

I would very much prefer Captain Eun Sil to stay on in Season 3. She brought so much warmth to  the cohort of missing persons and I really doubt her missing limb can be found (the reason for her staying???  I find it so hilarious:loolz:).  Pls don't bring in another fanboy as village head. Can someone get Goo Soo to cut his hair?

• Like 2

On 2/2/2023 at 12:02 AM, Blizzardistkaputt said:

I would very much prefer Captain Eun Sil to stay on in Season 3. She brought so much warmth to  the cohort of missing persons and I really doubt her missing limb can be found (the reason for her staying???  I find it so hilarious:loolz:).  Pls don't bring in another fanboy as village head. Can someone get Goo Soo to cut his hair?

agree

• Like 1

I sincerely hope that the production staff, writers, and main characters are planning on Season 3, especially since the writers created so many different open threads. It's one thing to dangle a clilffhanger for a show that doesn't ultimately get renewed, because in such cases if a followup season doesn't occur they can make a special 2-hour movie to resolve the cliffhangers knowing that at least the show fanbase will tune in. But there are so many unresolved issues that they will need a full season to vet them out. And the return of Thomas full time rather than as a cameo fantasy sequence? Maybe...

NEW EVENT:

My Corner of Soompi: Vote for your faviourite pancake toppings and celebrate the International Pancake Day on 21st February, 2023. :eats:

Let us know what's happening in your corner of Soompi. :heartxoxo:

re: Your favourite neighbourhood EO Team: :coolshades:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

• partyon changed the title to [Drama 2022-2023] Missing: The Other Side 2, 미씽: 그들이 있었다 2