[Drama 2022-2023] Missing: The Other Side 2, 미씽: 그들이 있었다 2

0ly40

Why oh why? :kicks:

so in the other side are also criminals. interesting. 

The old man daughter is also missing. They haven´t found her body yet. So sad.

So there is actually a big case. Little cases and the one big case. So that means that there is someone who has power/money. It has to with the orphanage that burnt. I hope that the police mother is not involved.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, joccu said:

Why oh why?

So there is actually a big case. Little cases and the one big case. So that means that there is someone who has power/money. It has to with the orphanage that burnt. I hope that the police mother is not involved.

I saw the last episode raw. It doesn't take much to get the gist of it. Now we're starting to see the nefarious scheme behind the missing/dead from the same orphanage.  Where does Kim Woo fit in all this.  He is someone very special. He can go in and out of the village. He's the only living that can see the dead. Yet when he was stabbed, just like the dead, he didn't bleed.  

• Like 5

Eps 3 and 4 continue to hold me tightly in its grip as the drama takes a more ominous turn in both Duon Village and the outside world, shattering my heart more than once. The conversation between JPS and Detective Park about the devastation little HN's mother must have felt upon the discovery of his body takes on even greater poignancy with JPS' aching internal monologue, envying the fact that she at least could still hold her child in her arms even though he was already dead. We understand finally the tragedy that drives him to go on even when those he loved was no longer by his side, his relentless search for his missing daughter, his promise to his deceased wife year after year that next year, he would visit her with their child. His fervent dedication to the protection of Duon village and its inhabitants is additionally heartbreaking, as I begin to realise that perhaps he too, searches among the souls of the village, clinging on to a sliver of hope that maybe, just maybe, he would see his daughter there too even as he continues his unending search in the land of the living, susceptible to those who would prey on his desperation.

With KNG's brutal murder, the hunt for those responsible becomes personal for KW. It was really touching to see how JPS hovers protectively over the grieving younger man, first at the wake, then at the house, feeding him generously with the meat that was a point of contention between them not too long ago. It is clear that there is much affection between the two men despite their bickering ways, and I am glad that aside from LJA, he now has someone else who cares for him as well. As the connection between the three victims are revealed, an insidious plot comes slowly to light, hinting why they were targeted in the first place and hair samples taken after their deaths. I am surprised that the DNA results for CYN were not a match, since unless I am mistaken, the photo in Chairman Heo's possession appears to be of someone similar to her. Hopefully this will be clarified down the road. The discovery of the locket in Duon Village throws a new twist in to the works. Recalling what granny Choi told KW in Ep1 about his mother always mentioning him, I have to wonder whether she does recognise him just as granny Choi did after all, hence the hostility towards him, because she does not want him in a village where only the dead and those who can see the dead roam? Questions questions. Is it Saturday already?

Despite the idyllic setup, Duon village is revealed to be a mirror of the land of the living, with its share of unsavoury characters, terrorising the inhabitants just as they did when they were alive. One scene that made my heart ache is the moment the 100 lanterns floated to the sky, only to evaporate upon hitting the invisible barrier that divides them from the living, highlighting the pervading hopelessness and futility of those who try to send word to their loved ones. In that moment, I am glad for her perhaps momentary blissful ignorance, even as she hopes against hope that she will be found. Now more than ever, KW and JPS' roles are crucial to bring closure to these waiting souls, and hopefully in the process, also find closure for their own gaping wounds as well.

@brooksmom We do not know whether this is true of JPS, but KW does not bleed or feels pain when he is injured by Duon residents. On the other hand, the dead do bleed and feel the pain when they are wounded, only they do not die (again) from it. 

On a brighter note, which the drama consistently provides us despite the more sombre tone of the recent episodes, a composite sketch, Duon style :lol:

pX-o5bh58xUffPeFdDDioiUDebhwnWl4dGnexnixbpGfI3bep3frDErhK1smDdVAH5JyPylcCldcWGwJecQguSNn5UWc-cEhHhJX3clN1kZjXBDJAbjIIVZCjGu9R0N6a0mkNeUbiZu7P8jP2bv9Fk7taPJAJk7GubgF8Tmlwtl-8e8UaH6d7RCLk8R4eZu8pZmOrbTqkM5-ynPP9sGzqgico8_TU4eqvzuzKuMgkqjwjajXMWqQz6c_MnRgMN_qAwaTsAE-ao_iw_TGCIT611PbXypwovNbSm9kmcUzJJNUDtjrZXJ5QMQt83M2w_CVTEe6XFhOomc1ANi6Sxkl8eUPCvzMtI_f37cmg4kAOKMFxqvvFk1aL5RtK9pA4o1QbHwXcqFOuLFGB2qvovIDIdDRymeprfRU6IEOgzebNyQIUYDhdh_2Q41qHeIujY8OBdssyzLjBT1hAdFsgIiz5VdZyG7o2VvboyA2lHdQEsZWkEHHgGil2Imu-2A-k_hRHLySHryZcq19P4jtEhz9R0E7BpcsMstUpHi9RAdAqk6J6hu00kY_POR15tdBlbJhJZ8QkADsfQs6IJx93wcbGX9qo6SOjt1UpbgoYXelpNyw9VcW1FKCv1YbsbSybsVoRImU3X11W4e3UN3X7kdzHro9-R7zPYawg33pXT04v-yrdPnM12Mmzz5J9qknvQ=w700-h423-no?authuser=3

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

On 9/6/2020 at 3:52 AM, joccu said:

Why oh why?

I don't think his daughter is dead. If she was, she would had showed up in the town like the rest of the missing spirits. I have this suspicion that Sohee's character is his daughter.

Also, I don't think Choi Yeo-na is dead either. It is possible that she's in a coma. There has been stories about people in a coma that become ghosts.  

• Like 4

Ah, I can’t help feeling sorry that a unique chance to save Nam Gook was missed. If only Wook and the detective had shared information instead of being on the defensive when he visited the pawn shop while looking at the CCTV, this might have saved Nam Gook because the detective at least had already realized that there was a possibility that it was a serial murder. At least if they had taken Nam Gook in for questioning, he might have been saved. So sad really. 

I also entertained the thought that perhaps CYN is in a coma but why the heck is she in a village for the dead instead of hovering in a hospital or in her apartment or hanging around the detective? Honestly, I would like if she’s alive for her sake, for the detective sake and to defy his mother’s will. These mothers sure like to scorn people who don’t know their parentage. 

So, they were killed because the lady at the corporation wants to pass her shares down to an abandoned grandchild.  The picture she has does look like CHY though. I hope she’s alive but I don’t want to get my hope up.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@celebrianna @kboramint Unfortunately, I do not hold much hope for CYN to be alive, since we see the hitmen dump a luggage into the river at the beginning of Ep3, after which her soul immediately arrives in Duon village. As for JPS' daughter, there is always a possibility she died when she was older, in which case, she would not be recognisable even if JPS met her in Duon. Hopefully she survives and the fractured family is reunited down the road. LJA has parents of her own, so unless she was adopted, I think the chances of her being JPS' long lost daughter is pretty slim though... Let's see how the story unfolds.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

When I saw Heo Joon Ho (there ain't a super scary emoji):lazyandfart:, I almost wanted to give this drama a miss. His face and physique are always so imposing and menacing, so I couldn't believe the synopsis that he is typecast as a good guy, a human and a father figure.

10 minutes into the drama, I am hooked. i fast forward with regret. Because every conversation seems to give a clue, I had to rewind and give up toilet breaks. I guess this is a good compensation to watching Stranger 2 which I felt so lost after the third episode.

We have a King Herod who tries to kill off all the rightful heirs....wiping out the orphanage. Hmmmm, Koo Soo's character's mum is that fierce lady......is that fierce lady married to the detective? Koo Soo is the remaining descendent of the old lady? The competent lady hacker is Heo Joon Ho's character's daughter? How many centuries old is that cafe owner?

• Like 6

21 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Ah, I can’t help feeling sorry that a unique chance to save Nam Gook was missed. If only Wook and the detective had shared information instead of being on the defensive when he visited the pawn shop while looking at the CCTV, this might have saved Nam Gook because the detective at least had already realized that there was a possibility that it was a serial murder. At least if they had taken Nam Gook in for questioning, he might have been saved. So sad really. 

I also entertained the thought that perhaps CYN is in a coma but why the heck is she in a village for the dead instead of hovering in a hospital or in her apartment or hanging around the detective? Honestly, I would like if she’s alive for her sake, for the detective sake and to defy his mother’s will. These mothers sure like to scorn people who don’t know their parentage. 

So, they were killed because the lady at the corporation wants to pass her shares down to an abandoned grandchild.  The picture she has does look like CHY though. I hope she’s alive but I don’t want to get my hope up.

I was actually feeling the same thing even when they were not ready to share info and Nam Gook was alive then. I was feeling that they would regret not doing it and so it happened. Since Nam Gook was already somewhere else, saving him would be much easier for them, but well they didn't do it. I really hope to see Wook and the detective working together and not just showing cold shoulders to each other.

We don't for sure yet, but CHY could be heir to a large corporation as teased in last the episode and that could be the reason for those 3 survivors being hunted. Chances are the fire in the orphanage was done to kill the heir only years ago and when they came to know about 3 survivors and chairwoman searching for the heir, they once again started hunting them.

21 hours ago, liddi said:

@celebrianna @kboramint Unfortunately, I do not hold much hope for CYN to be alive, since we see the hitmen dump a luggage into the river at the beginning of Ep3, after which her soul immediately arrives in Duon village. As for JPS' daughter, there is always a possibility she died when she was older, in which case, she would not be recognisable even if JPS met her in Duon. Hopefully she survives and the fractured family is reunited down the road. LJA has parents of her own, so unless she was adopted, I think the chances of her being JPS' long lost daughter is pretty slim though... Let's see how the story unfolds.

I actually think that CHY is alive. You see dumping the luggage in river could actually be a red-herring. Her soul being in the village could just mean that she is in coma, like the same which happened in Ghost Detective where the MC's soul was roaming while he was in coma/critical condition somewhere.

As JPS' daughter, they have been teasing the hacker girl be the daughter. I do think that she was adopted, but once again we could be overthinking. 

The pace of the story so far has been good, I mean yes it is 12 episodes drama, but so far the unfolding of the story has been good.

@bohyunlovers As for Thomas being a baddie, I mean we need to see, but he does not really have access to the outside world as far as I know. The souls getting collected in the village also don't seem to be having trouble. So I don't think that he is the actual baddie, because with the info we have so far, he can't do anything outside and has not done anything suspicious up until now. He will surely influence the story though.

But I am curious as to how old he really is.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@Sleepy Owl, yep, I’m thinking the villain storyline is probably the greedy corporate people. Since we only have eight episodes left, maybe the story of the fire of the orphanage and more about the corporate fight will take up future episodes. They also have to find CYA and of course Wook’s story and ahjussi’s story of his missing daughter will be explored. 

• Like 4

what an emotional ride ..it brought me tears when the kid's soul vanished. such a beautiful drama.I am glad it has good ratings too. a good drama with no ratings is such a misery knowing all the team's effort went vain. Luckily viewers gave this drama a shot and are liking it.I am glad to see the ratings rise.I rarely come for a forum discussion. it's been a long time after my golden life I didn't comment much. here I am. i believe yeon ah is in coma somewhere. 

they had shown only two dna reports but not that reporters. why couldn't they have it when the reporter died already!!

I do believe somehow yeon ah might be the heir not kim wook. the reason is if grandma knew what her family did to the granddaughter/grandson that would be worth watching. more makjang. if kim wook is the heir it won't create much drama other than the feeling that his friend died bcoz of him which I don't want to see the guilt for him.

if yeon ah is alive and is the heir it would be interesting that they would be searching for her knowing it's a miracle that she is still alive just like she felt strongly that she is alive somewhere. she is the only person from the village who didn't accept that she is dead 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@Sleepy Owl, yep, I’m thinking the villain storyline is probably the greedy corporate people. Since we only have eight episodes left, maybe the story of the fire of the orphanage and more about the corporate fight will take up future episodes. They also have to find CYA and of course Wook’s story and ahjussi’s story of his missing daughter will be explored. 

Agreed. Thinking that the drama only have 12 episodes but the mix storyline between each characters is just... I'm so wanna know how they gonna solved all of them in 12 episodes. 

• Like 2

On 9/8/2020 at 6:34 PM, celebrianna said:

Trueeee, i still don't have any answer why KW didn't tell any information to the detective if he desperately want to rescued KNG. It's drive me crazy...

Instead of KW, i feel bad for the old man. He always do his best to find her daughter, also helps others...

• Like 2

i am getting more inclined towards the belief that yeo na is the heir. i am guessing her mother might have dropped at orphanage with name tag. han yeo hee , the chairowoman name is a matching name of yeo na. haha. i am using my brain too much i guess :joy:

• Like 2

I have some theories:

1. CYN is alive and the chairwoman's granddaughter. She might be in a deep coma.

2.  I believe that maybe LJA is HJH's daughter  Maybe LJA is also dead. Only reason I think so is the older cop didn't acknowledge her presence in  Episode 5 when he arrested the man who conned HJH and at the meal afterwards.

3. The fire at the orphanage was a cover up for something bigger and those 3 businessmen are bad people.

4.SJH's mom is on the cover up or paid to be quiet. It could explain why she was so dead set on CYN not marrying her son.

5. I believe GS's mom is part of the cover up. I think she is the one that delivered CYN to the orphanage in disguised as a nun maybe. She was killed to tie up loose ends.

This show needs to be talked about more. I am happy that Seo Eun Soo has a role that is interesting and fits her so well. Hopefully she get more work.  This maybe her breakout role that raises her star power

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1