[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

Just saw the scene where SJ heard that he is not the Chairman's son.  I read earlier comments condemning the Chairman for lying about this.  But I feel that he did it to protect SJ.  SH and his mother ill-treated SJ all his life whilst they thought he was the Chairman's illegitimate son.  His mother especially would have kicked up such a fuss and refuse to allow SJ to live with them.  Of course it is debatable whether he would have been happier living outside that home.  But the Chairman treats SJ like his real son and is so cold to SH.  That is rather strange. 

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all these people are so infuriating -- is min ho a doll they can just buy from the store?

:onfirex:

even chairman thinks it is acceptable seok hwan takes back his kid just because he is childless and calls piljeong selfish! :vicx: like seok joon and pil jeong say, the chairman should be the person who understands a tie between an adopted parent and child. infertility is not an excuse for wanting your abandoned child back. face palm

must say I liked the battle between eun joo and seon joong -- it was hilarious to see seon joong give it right back to her and tell her that she is not her sister who is going to listen to nonsense. she also rightly warns that min ho is a kid with a mind of his own and it is not going to go nicely.. why isn't pil jeong considering her legal options? instead of fear overruling  her emotions, she needs to fight back with cool logic and tell these people off -- they gave him up 14 years and now can't just ask for him back...

it is going to be interesting to see how min ho reacts to the truth. seok hwan is making it seem like secretary park is some money grubbing swindler but he was a better father than seok hwan; he didn't abandon min ho at some unknown orphanage, he picked a wife who he knew would treat min ho well and while he wanted money, he actually never even told cruella or seok hwan that he was raising him. wouldn't it have been easier to dump in an orphanage and just demand payment for keeping his mouth shut? for all his bad behaviour, it seems that secretary park was a far better man than horrible seok hwan who abandons his child and then wants him back to prove that he is still man. UGH! can't wait for min ho to turn into a bratty moody teenager who gives the smackdown to all of them. am also curious to see seon joon fight back -- it doesn't look like she is just going to let them take her nephew that easily...

18 hours ago, Lmangla said:

all these people are so infuriating -- is min ho a doll they can just buy from the store?

even chairman thinks it is acceptable seok hwan takes back his kid just because he is childless and calls piljeong selfish! :vicx: like seok joon and pil jeong say, the chairman should be the person who understands a tie between an adopted parent and child. infertility is not an excuse for wanting your abandoned child back. face palm

must say I liked the battle between eun joo and seon joong -- it was hilarious to see seon joong give it right back to her and tell her that she is not her sister who is going to listen to nonsense. she also rightly warns that min ho is a kid with a mind of his own and it is not going to go nicely.. why isn't pil jeong considering her legal options? instead of fear overruling  her emotions, she needs to fight back with cool logic and tell these people off -- they gave him up 14 years and now can't just ask for him back...

it is going to be interesting to see how min ho reacts to the truth. seok hwan is making it seem like secretary park is some money grubbing swindler but he was a better father than seok hwan; he didn't abandon min ho at some unknown orphanage, he picked a wife who he knew would treat min ho well and while he wanted money, he actually never even told cruella or seok hwan that he was raising him. wouldn't it have been easier to dump in an orphanage and just demand payment for keeping his mouth shut? for all his bad behaviour, it seems that secretary park was a far better man than horrible seok hwan who abandons his child and then wants him back to prove that he is still man. UGH! can't wait for min ho to turn into a bratty moody teenager who gives the smackdown to all of them. am also curious to see seon joon fight back -- it doesn't look like she is just going to let them take her nephew that easily...

@Lmangla  I also like when EJ said that shes sure SJ  lured Tae woo to her house.  Then SJ told her  isn't that how you got married to your husband lol.

Also is it me. Did I fall asleep during a episode ?. The last time I checked SJ is of no blood relation to Mr Salty and his crew . So why is that everyone is saying SJ and PJ can never marry that's Bull. Another thing why is SJ still calling  them Mom and Dad it makes my stomach turn.

Urgh what is wrong with these people both here and in Unbelievable Inheritance that they think it's ok to just rock up in front of the kid just because they share the same blood. It really grinds my gears to see the lack of concern on how the kid might react. The least they could do is let the parents prep the kid but no the bunch of entitled selfish so-and sos feel they can do as they please. To hell with how the kid feels and how they'll be affected. Min Ho has been a bratty annoying little shite for most of the time so the writer best make sure he keeps the same energy with SH and EJ. 

I agree it was  lovely to watch EJ getting what ever she threw out served right back to her. The nerve of her to say he's my son now. Pil Jeong needs to take a leaf out of her sisters book or stop giving these people so much of her time. Walk away and let them talk to the empty space which you once occupied, she owes them nothing.

Hhmm who is the mystery dude secretly following Seon Jeong in the preview. Is it time for their pops to show up? If it is he best be coming with the bank account and assets of a chaebol including a plethora of lawyers. Pil Jeong needs to fight these bleepbleep hard. If it is him he best not be a bum coming to leech of his daughters, we have enough shitty parents and that would be a serious unnecessary development. Suk Jeon needs to quickly figure out the link with Secretary Park and tell PJ so that this isn't another thing they blindside PJ with....but alas either EJ or that girl will end up slapping her with it..urgh. They've opened up a can of worms though, it will give PJ reasons to start questioning things and start enquiring about her husband's murder again. They'll probably try to let the blame fall on Snakey Ha  and just as they are smirking and thinking they've got away with it he'll turn up with all the evidence of their criminal deeds.

it was a good episode -- like pil jeong, was wondering if min ho would reject her. however, as seon jeong said min ho is a sensitive and smart kid and didn't disappoint. given his brains, he wasn't really surprised that pil jeong was not his biological mother and had already processed. it did throw him for a loop to find out even secretary park was not his biological father and quickly connected the dots that seok hwan was. more than anything, min ho was afraid that pil jeong would turn her back and it was enough for him that she wasn't going to let go. for him, she is his mom and min ji is his sister. so it is really important that pil jeong dig her heels in and not give in to any noble idiocy later because this kid is too sensitive -- he will see it as rejection. he needs her to fight for him despite any odds and show him that she is his mom.

LOVED his opening slap to seok hwan -- he thought that min ho was coming home (such arrogance! and lack of knowledge about teenagers) but instead got sliced with question #1 - why did you abandon me? you had money and you abandoned me whereas my mom never gave up despite the financial struggles. so why? -- CLAP, CLAP, CLAP!

giphy.gif

they are obviously not going to respect min ho's feelings and will push back. can't wait for min ho to find out that infertility is the reason behind their sudden interest in him. someone is going to tell him trying to make seok hwan look sympathetic except this kid is going to roar back even harder.

@dolorisbrady ~ even I don't get why seok joon cannot marry pil jeong other than them wanting to cut out the adopted mother so that they can raise min ho. since seok joon is still their family, guess they think seok joon needs to support seok hwan. am really hoping that min ho is going to ask seok joon to stand up and protect them as their dad......

@tas82 ~ looks like all that mention of the dead beat dad of pil jeong and seon jeong was for a purpose -- the mystery dude, who called himself mr. oh,  looks like a fraud who is eyeing the house and wants somewhere to crash. will the sisters take him back? and is dramaland so small that he ends up flirting with eun ha at the dance hall? how complicated is this ill-fated relationship -- seon jeong and tae woo are already dating...  :mellow:

I was happy to see MH knows who his family is thats with PJ. Not with that circus full of clowns at Mr. saltys house. EJ seems to keep thinking that since MH is not a baby its going to be a walk in the park . Shes in for rude awakening  , I hope she winds up in the mental hospital in a straight jacket bouncing off the walls. Why do these people think that money and power = Happieness ? But yet Mr Salty and Cruella have been miserable their whole married life. They have a son who can't tell his head from his Georgia peach.  If do right crossed his path he would beat it to death. Not to mention that trick that they have for daughter in law , HJ is her identical twin. family blood line? thats a joke.

Its seems one theory is in the toilet,  SJ and PJ dad is nothing but a playbody and a swindler which EJs Mom will  hopefully find out in a painful and embrassing way I can't wait. I feel bad for SJ and PJ because hes going to swope and try to live off of them. I maybe wrong but I think SJ is racking his brain on how he can help PJ. I'm hoping its marriage , SJ is of no blood to those clowns. If so then HJ can pack her samsonite and scram.

wow, I just realized that we are already close to ep 90. so if series ends at 120, then we have only 40 episodes are so; but we have so many story lines to be wrapped up here and it feels like the momentum is still building.... why are they introducing mr oh at this stage now? and what about secretary ha? does anyone know if the series has been extended to ep 150 or anything like that?

urgh @Lmangla   my thoughts exactly. What's the point if he's going to be a weight to his daughters. Yes that banshee needs to get her comeuppance too but having SJ's father swindle her isn't it. It will just give further fuel to her hate for SJ. Maybe they plan to make the banshee fall for his charms and the only reason he's got time to play like this is that he's so well off the company is runs itself and he's enjoying his retirement, and he is just a play boy. Then he'll turn on her once her realises the link to his daughter, she'll run her mouth one day while they drinking or something. Once he realises she was speaking about his kid he'll crush her. I hope. Cause we really don't need a bum it highly unnecessary.

15 hours ago, Lmangla said:

wow, I just realized that we are already close to ep 90. so if series ends at 120, then we have only 40 episodes are so; but we have so many story lines to be wrapped up here and it feels like the momentum is still building.... why are they introducing mr oh at this stage now? and what about secretary ha? does anyone know if the series has been extended to ep 150 or anything like that?

It has 120 episodes yet. Staff production maybe will rush the story for solving some issues unsolved until now.

14 hours ago, tas82 said:

urgh @Lmangla   my thoughts exactly. What's the point if he's going to be a weight to his daughters. Yes that banshee needs to get her comeuppance too but having SJ's father swindle her isn't it. It will just give further fuel to her hate for SJ. Maybe they plan to make the banshee fall for his charms and the only reason he's got time to play like this is that he's so well off the company is runs itself and he's enjoying his retirement, and he is just a play boy. Then he'll turn on her once her realises the link to his daughter, she'll run her mouth one day while they drinking or something. Once he realises she was speaking about his kid he'll crush her. I hope. Cause we really don't need a bum it highly unnecessary.

That old man is either terminally ill or he is a conman.

I think Secretary Park is still alive, probably still in coma until episode 118:dead:

Min Ho has his grandpa's temper....gentle in temperament, ferocious when provoked. The only thing that interests me is who might Min Ho call "ah-pa" in the last episode.

Today's episode was pretty meh.... apart from Min Ho laying into them it was pretty drab. Pil Jeong still stopping and given people her time. She should have straight up just walk past that cow why stop and give her a chance to spew her poison. EJ's mum still proving she has no call being a principal of a school and being in charge of peoples children. We were right play boy stalker ajeosshi is their dad. From the preview Pil Jeong ain't having it. She tells them not to let him in but off course seems SJ doesn't listen as we see him in the kitchen cooking with her which is very disappointing. Granted she was probably too young to remember everything but PJ wasn't. If she wants to meet him she should meet him outside some where. Imagine coming home from work after having to deal with all those vipers to find someone you despite and who has caused you so much hurt and pain up in you yard acting all comfortable. This is highly disrespectful and selfish on SJ's part. As if it wasn't bad enough she ran right home and lead the man to the house. Anyhoos it's just a preview so who knows what'll happen.....

7 hours ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

Min Ho has his grandpa's temper....gentle in temperament, ferocious when provoked.

very true! he was a sight to watch when he questioned seok hwan -- he basically made all of them speechless. he even asked if they can't have kids and thats why they are looking for him now. bwahahaha... cruella and co are stupid in thinking that min ho was schooled by pil jeong to say this -- they don't realize that he has a mind very much of his own. he has already come to the conclusion they are selfish and moved on in their lives and now want him for their own purposes. this is not one of those kids that will let go easily...

seok joon is assuring that there won't be a custody case as chairman won't allow it but cruella and seok hwan are already storming ahead. they don't even realize that the murder case could be dug up because of this.. should be entertaining to watch.... seok joon says he is going to marry pil jeong regardless of min ho -- he needs to buckle down and actually do it! how long are they going to drag this out?

@tas82 ~ based on the preview, it looks like seon jeong is hoping that even a horrible dad would be enough to convince eun ha to approve their marriage. little does she know that the man is chasing eun ha. it looks so fishy. not sure what this new plot is for at such a late stage... and where is secretary ha?!

At this point for Seon Jeong  to think that this random stranger will help win the banshee's approval stupid. For all she knows he could be straight out of prison. It's just plain dumb. And even if it is the case she should still respect Pil Jeong's wishes. Tis the land of coffees shops and restaurants she can go meet him outside. 

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

don't even realize that the murder case could be dug up because of this.. should be entertaining to watch

Was thinking the same thing. They all acting like they have no skeletons in their closets, bunch of twisted delusional fools. It will be fun see each of the secrets and misdeeds being revealed.

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

.... seok joon says he is going to marry pil jeong regardless of min ho -- he needs to buckle down and actually do it! how long are they going to drag this out?

At this point I don't see why they just don't go and register their marriage and be done with it. It's clear they'll both be collecting their pensions before they get approval so just do! I could understand if they came from loving caring families who they can converse with and maybe eventually they see sense but these are people who are family in name only, their actions show otherwise.

What is the Directornim doing to PJ, she gave her a lousy husband, she is a battered wife, and live a horrible life, shock absorber of EJ lies, coward boyfriend now a SWINDLER father from episode 1 to this day 89 still all hardship when will get her Good LIfe last 2 episodes?????:rage: EJ enjoying  the whole drama for long exposure :rage: she just a supporting cast !!!!!!! BTW the Tiltle "MY Mom Has an Affair" is not suitable for this drama :rage:

2 hours ago, kiefshi1056 said:

What is the Directornim doing to PJ, she gave her a lousy husband, she is a battered wife, and live a horrible life, shock absorber of EJ lies, coward boyfriend now a SWINDLER father from episode 1 to this day 89 still all hardship when will get her Good LIfe last 2 episodes?????:rage: EJ enjoying  the whole drama for long exposure :rage: she just a supporting cast !!!!!!! BTW the Tiltle "MY Mom Has an Affair" is not suitable for this drama :rage:

Well to be fair the is how politics play out in South Korea. I agree that the title isn't right but if we go from Korean translation the title should be My Mom Caught Feelings so maybe they made the decisions based on sounds. I do wonder though, where is Suk Jeon's birth dad in all this? If they're going to introduce him they're running out of time. It would be interesting if him and HJ turned out to be related. Also I think Mr.Kim will be very important for the trial.

Korean dailies really like going to the circus and making us clowns. Throw all the bad things on the female lead and resolve them in less than 5 episodes. SJ doesn't necessarily need the Chairman's permission to marry PJ after all the lies and maltreatment. He should also end it once and for all with the other woman if he's man enough. You see, he's really his mom's son -- too kind for his own good. Meanwhile PJ has so much dirt to throw to EJ, I don't know what's stopping her. Her patience is so unbelievable. Tldr I'm frustrated with the way this is going on.

:cutekitty:Hold up wait minute Did Cruella just say PJ would mess up her family tree? Let me get this straight, You have a husband who clearly has no control of his family. A madam for a daughter in law (RickRoll'D) , A Son if stupidity was a crime he would have been locked way for life. A cat running around in heat (HJ). If I were SJ I would take my name off the family registry asap and marry PJ and be done with them. This poison family tree bears nothing but rotten fruit.What's really grinding my gears is the fact in 90 episodes the OTPs story has yet to get any major screen time . I'm getting tired of EJs smirking and smiling and side looks. I want see her crying niagara falls and ready to die from humiliation.

Some folks dont think before they act or think about the consequences after . EJ and SH I hope will find out in the most humiliating  way possible. I really wanna see SJ hand in a resignation letter , And dust off those law books he covets so much and help PJ and the kids. It may not happen it was just a thought. SJ beside PJ and the kids , The Doctor and Tae woo and PJs friend right behind her for support. I can see Min Ji dishing the 411 on everything and everybody lol. Btw what happen to Leon is he with Mr Ha ? lol

Archived