[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

@UnniSarah I find Chairman's treatment of his actual son very strange. Like the son is the stranger. 

For everyone else: my plate is full, so I may not comment much on this show any more because I may not watch it regularly. It's not like it's hard to follow...

I wouldn't say strange. But it is typical when you have families that are overly enmeshed like that. Cruella is in enmeshed with her son and the Chairman with SJ. Sometimes parents show more love to the kid that receives less love and in this case since he knows it's not his biological son, he has over compensated w/SJ. The fact that the oldest son knows about the youngest son shows that the mother has no boundaries because he had no business knowing and she used it to drive a wedge between those two boys because she was angry at their father. She is a piece of work in her own right. There's no telling what the mama done pumped up in his head since he was a small child that caused him to hate his brother to that degree. Anything that the father does would likely be over Amplified and exaggerated because Krewella feels aggrieved. She has that mentality "do unto others but don't bring it back to me." The marriage that Cruella is in is with her son in my humble opinion. She has no boundaries and no conviction for shame. She only cares about her hurt and not how her actions hurt others. I think the chairman is truly oblivious to the fact  that he has caused hurt by his initial actions as well. These are some interesting family Dynamics and I agree, the chairman should have put in more emotional time with his Elder dumb child. I just think if the adults would have kept their business untriangled from the children, SH would have seen his little brother as his little brother -not his rival.

@foreverempress I applaud your comment  :hooray:  I think TS tried to be a good father to SH but Cruella would always have the final say. For example the little mistakes and his father finds out about it. TS would try to discipline him but his wife wouldn’t allow it because in her mind . If SJ made that mistake, he wouldn’t punish him when I believe he would punish SJ. Let’s be honest SJ would never make that kind of mistake in the first place since he is dying for his mom’s acceptance. He strive for perfection and his mom still didn’t love him.  I think Cruella has finally screwed up because she will need his help later and he will refuse to help her. If she had shown him any type of affection he would  help her willingly when the time comes.

good points @foreverempress ~ it does happen in real life where parents follow a divide and conquer rather than a team work approach in their marriage and parenting. I remember my friend telling me of this one family - both parents are working and they decided each will take financial responsibility for one child. so over time, it developed into this dynamic where they only show interest about the child they are financially responsibly for. both are their natural children. so why this bias? who knows... but yea, it does happen in some families. @tulip06 ~ not that strange really that chairman does not feel close to seok hwan.... this was  never a healthy family.

@UnniSarah ~ yea chairman is not as forgiving of seok hwan and tried to discipline him; it is why cruella and seok hwan hide things like having an illegitimate child. am honestly wondering if secretary park was her first hit. she seems so cool about it without any guilt. what if there were more hits in the past? we still don't know why kim bok soon had to change her name...

@Ldy Gmerm @Lmangla @tas82 @foreverempress  @joccu @yamiyugi

OmG!!! Kang Tae Soo is really something. He lied to SJ and told him he is his father. His heart was broken hearing this  and now he wants nothing to do with Kim Bok Soon. Kang Tae Soo really hates his wife and I am now willing to say he is very selfish. In ep 73, he said SK must not find out he isn’t his son. He knows once SJ finds this out (SECRETS NEVER REMAIN A SECRET) he will leave the company and no longer call him father. Now that he lied, SJ will be more angry at him . It may take a while for him to forge Kang Tae Soo. But then TS will lose his position at the company. After smacking SH, TS looked at both his son and wife with HATRED. I would never want someone to look at me like that. It was scary and disgusting for me. I hate parents who lack love for a child. 

Now the way TS stood there while his wife hit him reminded me of servant and master fighting, not a couple fighting. 

PJ knows SJ is BS’s son. She will now be understanding and will slowly help him understand his mother more. I hope that this lie won’t last for a month because it will certainly make me very angry. 

Cruella’s goal was crushed when she saw he did the opposite. For a woman of her personality she can never understand why he chose this path. Cruella , SH and EJ are cut from the same cloth. They have no heart, if they did they would understand why he will never acknowledge Kim Bok Soon. They assume just because she is his bio mom, that is enough for him to leave the life he has lead til now. 

PJ , SJ, SJ’S friend, PJ’s friend will be able to understand why he wouldn’t want to meet his mom. Just like his mom new, he will be angry at her if she ever told him the truth. That is because SHE ABANDONED HIM. Sure from an outsider’s perspective they would definitely say go meet your son and he will forgive you but if this happened to them. They too would be hurt , upset and disappointed to being a born a RickRoll'D and out of wedlock. But the main issue will be , he was Abandoned. 

PS  The comments above is just my interpretation of today’s episode Raw. Can’t wait for subs. 

2 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

OmG!!! Kang Tae Soo is really something. He lied to SJ and told him he is his father.

that is such a back slap move not only to seok joon but also to kim bok soon; the woman did not have an affair with him or any romantic relationship. she still loves her husband in some way as she is wearing her wedding rings even though so many years have passed. from what kim bok soon said, her husband was a good man but died early. so it is a slap to that poor man as well. think kim bok soon will be the one to clear the truth... or may be pil jeong will find some old photo of seok joon, kim bok soon and her husband... hopefully, we won't have to wait for too many episodes!

2 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

that is such a back slap move not only to seok joon but also to kim bok soon; the woman did not have an affair with him or any romantic relationship. she still loves her husband in some way as she is wearing her wedding rings even though so many years have passed. from what kim bok soon said, her husband was a good man but died early. so it is a slap to that poor man as well. think kim bok soon will be the one to clear the truth... or may be pil jeong will find some old photo of seok joon, kim bok soon and her husband... hopefully, we won't have to wait for too many episodes!

This is why I am so heated. The RickRoll'D has to go and lie to SJ. It made me so disgusting. Smh smh smh 

@UnniSarah  @Lmangla  So instead of letting the man know he was loved by both his mother and father he adds another level pain to it. FFS  for what, all because of this glorious company he's willing to make his"son" he supposedly care for suffer even more. If what you say about the look is true then it makes you wonder if you guys theory that SH isn't his and he knows this. Why has he made no attempt to educate his son and ensure he didn't turn into a dollar store version of his wicked mum. Like I'd be helicoptering him seen as he's suppose to be my heir.

Also we don't know how long it took Bok Soon to recover and by the time she did she couldn't find Tae Soo. How come he never went back to check on her? If she's as close as family you'd think he'd have expect to help with her funeral or something. He should be explaining to SJ. Bad enough he did nothing to stop his witch of a wife treating him like shite but to compound things like this.... Urgh where's the episode viki! I need to see this one.

Why did the Chairman have to lie? I guess he loves SJ and mom so much. I guess he knows his real son is so incompetent to inherit and lead them company. Butnah, I think there's big money involved here. 

4 hours ago, tas82 said:

@UnniSarah  @Lmangla  So instead of letting the man know he was loved by both his mother and father he adds another level pain to it. FFS  for what, all because of this glorious company he's willing to make his"son" he supposedly care for suffer even more.

felt like slapping the man! this is nuts -- this has nothing to do with seok joon's well being. it is all about the chairman because he thinks he will lose his son. face palm. the fella is in his late 30s. seok joon is old enough to know the truth and make his own decisions about his life. he is hardly going to stop thinking about the chairman as his father when he has known him his whole life. ugh. instead, the chairman blackens the name of a sweet woman and wipes off her poor husband as well. and she is not even a bar hostess. she was a cook, the cook! had to face palm at the shock of the chairman that everyone is angry and there is a storm -- what did he expect with such a lie? at least at this point, it was time to be truthful.

and cruella taking wipes that bok soon was malicious and approached her knowing who she was -- eye roll. but I like this tenacious seok joon who decided to go to office anyway and face these people heads on. in some ways, knowing cruella isn't his mother has completely freed him; he is going to have zero reactions to any of her emotional responses.

4 hours ago, tas82 said:

Also we don't know how long it took Bok Soon to recover and by the time she did she couldn't find Tae Soo. How come he never went back to check on her? If she's as close as family you'd think he'd have expect to help with her funeral or something. He should be explaining to SJ.

there is a whole mystery there; am guessing that bok soon was probably her house/pet name while her official name was 'ae shim'. she was in some sort of danger -- most likely cruella using some thugs and she changed her name to protect herself. once she disappeared, chairman possibly decided to keep seok joon permanently and perpetuate the lie that it is his child....

24 minutes ago, dolorisbrady said:

I thought of something,  it's a guess though . Remember the old man that had dementia in the hospital , He told Mr Ha he had a younger sister . Is there a possibility that the he could be SJ grandfather?.

from what I remember, kim bok soon had no relatives to rely on when she got sick; thats why she ended up giving seok joon to tae soo. so most likely the old man was some sort of neighbour or some distant relative. not someone very close perhaps....

Anyone else want to take the chairman and rake him over some extremely hot coals.  His actions disgust me hes making Kim bok soon look like she was  a Cheap thrill or One night stand or something , When it's far from the truth . But the chairman wouldn't no the truth if jumped up and slapped him.

I was happy to  see SJ  come to the office . knowing the new SJ I Knew he would not stay down for long.He has that fierce look in his eyes and hes ready to fight!. Maybe he heard what PJ said, I'm like weeds I grow roots, No matter how much you stomp on us we get up!.

1 hour ago, dolorisbrady said:

Anyone else want to take the chairman and rake him over some extremely hot coals.  His actions disgust me hes making Kim bok soon look like she was  a Cheap thrill or One night stand or something , When it's far from the truth . But the chairman wouldn't no the truth if jumped up and slapped him.

I was happy to  see SJ  come to the office . knowing the new SJ I Knew he would not stay down for long.He has that fierce look in his eyes and hes ready to fight!. Maybe he heard what PJ said, I'm like weeds I grow roots, No matter how much you stomp on us we get up!.

Finally watched and came here to say more or less the same thing. He needs raking. How will writernim explain his actions. More the worse considering he was keen for Bok Soon to reveal herself not so long ago. Yet he goes and turns her into a concubine.

Yup they still think he's the same bloke they tried to pin a murder on. They don't think he has it in him to slug it out. They in for a surprise. Cruella and Eejit Chairman really did a number on SH. Imagine if he had just invested in both boys together and helped they bond and grow together even with all of Cruella's shenanigans things would never have gotten this bad he wouldn't have needed to be this desperate to continue lying. There's no way in hell any parent from which ever side could be taking the RickRoll'D out of my half siblings the way his mum does to SJ. We'd be like you lot stay over there sort your shite out we'll be over here getting on and minding our own business and doing we own thing, don't mix us in you shite or we all be gunning for all yous parents/aunties whomever.

Im so happy you all agree the Chairman is a scumbag idiot too! Doing a happy dance because I feel understood.

then again, after today’s episode, which I watched because it fit into my schedule, a person would have to blind not to find him a scummy eejit.

preview ep 65

What had happened in the episode. In the preview all seems  a mess. Why SJ don't look for his mother? Does he feel abandoned again or twice for his biological mother? 

I have to wait for the subs  for understanding.

2 hours ago, 0ly40 said:

preview ep 65

What had happened in the episode. In the preview all seems  a mess. Why SJ don't look for his mother? Does he feel abandoned again or twice for his biological mother? 

I have to wait for the subs  for understanding.

It was never going to be easy a huge part of his life is a lied and he does not even know the other part is a lie too, its not possible for someone to just accept everything

SJ thought his mom KBS is a sinner. He has this habit of being judgemental. Funny that he did not held his dad accountable for his part in that affair. He identified himself as LX second son. Not Bok Sun's. The bar hostess who seduced his rich dad. 

8 minutes ago, mizkorea said:

SJ thought his mom KBS is a sinner. He has this habit of being judgemental. Funny that he did not held his dad accountable for his part in that affair. He identified himself as LX second son. Not Bok Sun's. The bar hostess who seduced his rich dad. 

I dont feel thats really fair since he grew up with his father not his mother and he only know her for a short time. Also his dad inst telling him the whole truth what is he suppose to do here? Its a messy situation and its goign to get worse when he finds out that is father and him are not blood related as well.

Archived