[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahhaha... yea, even I was a bit slow. I realized it when I was checking dark mode this morning and someone said they couldn't read my post. me missing my blue font which I have used for all my years at soompi! :heartbreak:

@Lmangla I think Vixen just wants a competent man.  But perhaps now she doesn't think SJ competent considering she knows his birth secret?  That said, SK is not attractive, ew.  

@yamiyugi I don't think there is ever an excuse for cheating.  It can drive the other partner in a marriage literally crazy, and the chairman had a lot of women after him, something he didn't deny.  He didn't deny doing anything with any of them either.  He's not a good man.  Perhaps he and Cruella deserve each other.

3 hours ago, brooksmom said:

@Lmangla I didn't noticed you changed the color. That's your signature.  About Miss I'm crazy about you, I will never give up on you; by the look on her face, Mr. Suk Joon just turned into a toad permanently.  @tulip06 I miss the doggy too. Is he on vacation I wonder.

awww. I was feeling a bit lost without the blue font. it does feel like my signature. am experimenting with another blue shade and font and it looks like it can be read on both modes. yay!

the doggy leon was in the previous daily and was apparently very popular. basically all it does is show up and sleep and the actors basically act around the dog instead of the other way around.

19 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

@Lmangla I think Vixen just wants a competent man.  But perhaps now she doesn't think SJ competent considering she knows his birth secret?  That said, SK is not attractive, ew.  

unless pil jeong's kids, she doesn't seem to care if the guy is handsome. that is simply a plus. her first priority is competent. am wondering if she will start doing things to make sure seok joon gets the company as that will get his loyalty in her mind. she doesn't realize competent men would take help more as interference and would not appreciate it anyway!

@UnniSarah ~ some colours can be read on both modes but you might have to go with bold. just experiment and see if you want to use colour.

I honestly don't think vixen for now would shift her ship. But it is going to happen. Maybe after she knows who is suk joon birth mother. 

Who is the secretary sibling? Any guess? Pil Jeong is the obvious. I haven't watched the first couple episode so I don't know anything a out pil Jeong family. 

41 minutes ago, joccu said:

Who is the secretary sibling? Any guess? Pil Jeong is the obvious. I haven't watched the first couple episode so I don't know anything a out pil Jeong family. 

yea I wondered about that as well. her mom died when she was in high school. her dad abandoned them at some point though it was unclear when exactly. they lived with him for some time as soon jeong and pil jeong have some memories. so they could be related? it would certainly make for some high drama as secretary ha was behind secretary park's death....

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

and vixen takes the cake. doesn't she hear suk joon say 'no, not interested' at all? has she never been rejected? she seems to think she is so pretty that no man will be able to resist her. it almost feels like suk joon ran to pick up min ji as being around eun joo and suk hwan at the same time was so uncomfortable. now that eun joo knows the birth secret with suk joon, what do you think she will do? will she shift her focus to suk hwan as he is a better prospect? or still to her plan of conquering suk joon as she wants a competent man? chingus what do you think? - @tulip06 @brooksmom @joccu @tas82 @Leila Essalih @kiefshi1056 @UnniSarah @0ly40.....

I think she will think about a way for Suk Joon for being the sucessor, because she likes SJ and she wants to conquer him.

preview ep 35

Ah I see that a lot of you have brought up a bunch of interesting points. So let’s see if I can respond to them. I still haven’t watched the latest episode so I will probably be assuming stuff based on what I have read over here.

So let’s get on with the show.

Spoiler

@Lmangla Not sure who else brought up the fact that Shark might have a birth secret but @tulip06 certainly was one of them so you might want to add them over here as well. We assumed that if the chairman could cheat once on his wife and have Suk Joon as a result then he probably could have done it a few more times as well and just not have been aware of the result till now because none of the other women bothered to show up until now. Your theory regarding Suk Joon actually being adopted has some merit to it and I will be getting into that in a bit since I feel that repeating points to answer someone elses point isn’t such a good thing.

As for Vixen being unable to hear Suk Joon’s answer being a no. Am going to go with the usual second lead syndrome where they can’t simply accept that answer or refuse to listen to it well always thinking that they will have a chance if they are determined enough. But apart from that I am going to say that she has probably never been refused by men before and this refusal seems to baffle her a lot. We know this fact to be true when her mother is equally surprised that Suk Joon has been resisting her charms. Once the mother discovers that Vixen likes him she tells her to go for it and since she is apparently very good at that department. I can only assume that would be her charming any guy that she liked or men easily falling for her whether she liked it or not. But here comes a guy who is totally oblivious to her charms and wants nothing to do with her. So I am going to assume that till now she has never been refused by a guy and this is her first,

One other thing I simply don’t see what her obsession is with wanting to be with a competent man rather than one that loves her as her mother is suggesting. I believe she tried to justify it by pointing out that if the husband is competent then other things can be overlooked and forgiven. Am not so sure that applies I mean what if the guy is physically abusive or has some other flaws would she still be okay in a marriage like that. I don’t think so. Being competent surely helps but it isn’t everything and that is why I seem to be more amused by her choices than anything. She probably needs to learn a lesson though.

As for the fact that she has discovered Suk Joon’s birth secret what will be her next move ie stick with him or finally move onto Joker. Hard to say at this point. I can only assume that unless she gets clear confirmation that his ship is about to sink she is going to try and stick with him. We know for a fact that she isn’t totally averse to being with Joker her only reason for holding back at the moment is because she is aware that he isn’t in line for succession of the company. The main big power to make that choice is the chairman. She is aware that Cruella is backing him up but that hasn’t been enough of a motivator to jump ship just yet. Once she realizes just how much things are stacked against Suk Joon and that he has little hope of taking over the company she will join the other side. Otherwise I can probably try and see her help Suk Joon to be acknowledged by him and finally be accepted. Not going to happen. Things that could help her in this choice could be if the chairman has to be temporarily forced to step down from his position. At that point it might make sense for her to realize that Cruella is going to push for Joker to inherit that position or that she will hold on to it and hand it over to Joker when he is ready. These factors might come into play over leaving Suk Joon for the other offer, or as @joccu has pointed out once she discovers who Suk Joon’s birth mother is. Well another factor to be added into that equation would be his and Pill Jung’s relationship into account as well. She would know that she is fighting a lost cause since Pill Jung is extremely close to the mother that she has no chance to win her over and she will know that the mother is going to take Pill Jung’s side. Her next move though would be to try and ensure that Pill Jung doesn’t become part of her new family for obvious reasons.

Now some of you have wondered who could be Sharks missing family member that he is searching for. Oh a good question indeed. Pill Jung has been thrown into the list (naturally with her sister) and the chairman as his dad making Suk Joon and Joker as his potential stepbrothers. Good choices mind you. But I can actually add one more after reading @Lmangla’s points about how he killed Pill Jungs husband and that it would make high drama if it turns out that he killed his own BiL. And that she is his stepsister. He might though think that he did her a favour once he discovers how she was treated by him. But I think that if I slightly alter the scenario (if you all don’t mind) I can make it a bit more dramatic. What if the missing sibling turns out to be Secretary Park himself. Just think about the conflict that he will be going through once he discovers that the person that he was searching for all along was the one that he killed. It might also be the motivating factor for him to jump ship and betray Joker and company in the hopes of making amends. After all we don’t know much about Secretary Park and his past apart from what we have seen in the few episodes that he was in.

Also to be honest I don’t want him to be related to Pill Jung and family. Sure her dad may have abandoned his family but I don’t want another character to end up having an affair. We really can’t have too many of those type of people in a single show. Plus, I always try and figure out the age gaps between characters then which makes it a bit unhealthy. We know that Pill Jung and her sister have a few years’ age difference at best this means that Shark should probably be around the same just for arguments sake. Now we need to take into consideration when did Daddy dearest had Shark as a kid was it before he left the family or after. If it was before then he was clearly having an affair which doesn’t award him any points or did he have him after he left the family. He goes and starts his new family at some point. Yes, that has its issues but that would make Shark the Youngest of the main characters. Somehow he doesn’t seem that young. So as of now I would say that the safest bet would either still be the Chairman or the deceased Secretary Park. Since he is looking for a long lost sibling I would wager on the latter. None of the other parents seem like they would have an affair or have lost any of their kids.

Just look at them for examples. Cruella for all her faults isn’t dumb enough to be caught in an affair since she knows that her husband currently controls everything and can therefore easily cut her off from the inheritance. She has been extremely patient when it comes to take over the company and even plans on getting rid of the chairman and Suk Joon when she gets the chance (after getting her hands on the company and the wealth) so I doubt that she would give in to temptation and have an affair with a random stranger. Even if she did she probably would have buried him somewhere deep where is body couldn’t easily be found. (okay maybe not that bad since she initially let Secretary Park live until he started blackmailing them.), So she is probably out for the count. Then we have Vixen’s mother. She to is highly unlikely to be a potential candidate. To ensure that her son doesn’t serve his mandatory military service she gave birth to him in Canada so that he would have a Canadian Nationality. She dotes on him to much so I find it highly unlikely that she would lose a kid and not know about it. She would probably be making some sort of scene or perhaps even mention it at some point of how she misses the lost child etc.. if not her then someone in her family especially her brother might have brought this topic up. So it clearly can’t be her. Then we have the husbands of both her and Pill Jung who could have potentially caused trouble and had affairs and Shark could have been the result of one of them. Like I pointed out I don’t want it to be Pill Jung’s dad. As for Vixen’s dad having an affair not sure. From what I could tell he was a good for nothing and her mother had to work extra hard since he wasn’t doing much or anything for the family. I have a hard time picturing such a person having an affair. If he did, then he must have been all kinds of stupid.

Suk Joon as his possible brother isn’t totally out of the picture mind you but things need to be a bit different for that to work out which I will be getting into next.

@tulip06 Not making an excuse for having an affair. Just pointing out that usually when there is an affair there can be a few reasons behind it. I have said this before and I still stand by it. If somebody is unhappy in their marriage they should either work on it (trying to improve it by figuring out what is going wrong and attempt to fix or improve it) or get a divorce if that isn’t possible. Yes, sometimes kids are involved and the parents may think that it might be more traumatic on the kids if they leave at this point. So they may decide to stick it out till the kids have become adults and then go their separate ways. This is actually another chance of theirs to make the marriage work but even if this fails you know my answer. It is much better than sharing the same room but different beds. There can be a few more options that I am not considering but overall I don’t agree with cheating on your partner.

As for the Chairman having numerous other women in the past he did point out that he was simply meeting them for business. Since we never witnessed those meetings we can’t say for a fact whether or not he was lying or telling the truth. We also don’t know for a fact just how soon he was meeting said women. So it might very well be that every 1 in 10 companies was met by a woman instead of all 10 of them. in the former there is nothing wrong in the latter things do get a bit suspicious. In that case Cruella’s suspicious could be justified. Though as I have pointed out she likes to twist everything to her needs to justify her actions. I have brought up the glass of wine incident as a perfect example of this. He was genuinely trying to be nice to her for a change but she assumed that he was feeling guilty for something. If she had an unreasonable personality back, then it makes a lot of sense. She did bring up the fact that if he never had an affair how could he explain Suk Joon.

This brings us to the point that @Lmangla brought up earlier (sorry it took me this long to get to that point). What if Suk Joon was actually adopted and not by an affair of the Chairman. I would actually say to that it is quite feasible and this is why. A point to be noted here is that the Chairman never bothered to explain the matter to Cruella when she brought it up in that episode. Which does become interesting. He did defend him not cheating on her back then with those women so why didn’t he do that over here. Is it possible that he told her that this was indeed the case but she never believed him? Like I said she twists things to suit her needs so it was far more believable for her to think that he actually had an affair. Perhaps they had this argument a hundred times in the past so they didn’t show it over here. It also becomes possible that he let her believe that he had an affair when he instead adopted Suk Joon because he felt that it would be for the best. After all she might be hesitant to raise a total strangers kid and have him chucked out but it would be a different matter altogether if she thought that it was his child. She would at this point be forced to take care of Suk Joon whether she liked it or not. Actually if we want a redemption ark for her this might be much better. So she hates her husband for numerous things including the fact that he cheated on her only to discover that he has been totally faithful to her all these years and that she has been taking out her spite on totally innocent people. This might help her become a better person and seek forgiveness from all the people that she has wronged. Another factor why the chairman never bothered to reveal Suk Joon’s birth secret was because he felt that he was a better person to succeed the company. We all know how people are like when it comes to the owner’s family. They are more than willing to let them take over the company if they are competent enough or other factors. Thus Suk Joon taking over the company would make a lot more sense to them especially when it has been confirmed that he is the chairman’s child rather than not connected to him by blood.

Another factor to be considered about how he might not have had an affair with Suk Joon’s mother is how she described him getting adopted to a family in a construction company. This is an interesting point as well. She never bothered to find out which company that was as she wanted the best for her son. This ends up showing two important facts. The first is that she never knew where the Chairman actually worked. It is quite possible that he never revealed this fact when they were having an affair. (possible) I recall when watching Fatal Promise before dropping it that the chairman told Ji Hoon’s mother that he was the owner of a small clothing store himself. So the Chairman could have done something similar here as well. since his company might have been well known back then that he lied what he actually did. Or it may have been that she was indeed married to someone else and the chairman was a good friend of hers (but didn’t know him after he moved and joined the company etc). The second thing is that LX group has certainly branched out from its initial starting point. For instance, we know that they still do a bit of construction but they also are in the fashion industry as well. (clearly seen by all the PPL they do for the Lynx Brand). Regardless of this we know that the company has approached Pill Jung and family to sell the house since they want to redevelop the area. If they came to her as the former construction company wouldn’t the mother have been somewhat aware of them. especially if she was having an affair with the chairman back then. This clearly indicates that she didn’t really know who he was back then (assuming that they were having an affair) as she would have pointed out that her son was with his dad or when the construction company came to buy her house she could either threaten that she knew their chairman or go confront him herself about her not wanting to sell the place for sentimental reasons and all.

Therefore, I conclude that @Lmangla’s theory that Suk Joon was actually adopted is equally possible at this point than the chairman having an affair. It is also possible that the chairman briefly saw Kim Book Soon during the time that she was having a hard time and he decided to give her a helping hand and once he found out that he she had left Suk Joon at an orphanage he decided to further help her out by adopting him.

Yes, we do have two pieces of scenes which may have a conflict of this theory but given time they may also be explained. The first is the case of the letter that the Chairman received back then which his wife confronted him about. Quite possible that she had sent the message to the orphanage where it was then supposed to be passed over to the chairman but things got in the way. The other scene that brings things into question is when he recently found out that she had supposedly passed away. He was in shock. People assumed that was the case because his first love or whatever love passed away. Makes sense. But that scene could also be explained if he was actually quite close to her since they were childhood friends. He even went as far as to adopt her child as his own. Thus her death could have affected him in this way as well.

The only way we can be certain at this point that Suk Joon is actually his child is if he himself confirms it or that Cruella bothered to take a DNA test and compared and verified this fact.

I would probably add a few more things but I will leave it for the time being. Just saying that we need to have an open mind to some of these things in the drama without more proof. If the chairman was a terrible person like Cruella makes him out to be then he should be equally punished and as @tulip06 pointed out they may just be perfect for each other.

Yes, I know that if the chairman was protecting Suk Joon’s birth secret when he was a kid just so that his wife would take care of him back then why hasn’t he revealed the truth now to her so that she can change her attitude towards him. I would guess that he doesn’t do that because he knows it won’t be believed by her at this point and she still wouldn’t change but more importantly he now considers Suk Joon to be his actual son. Also like I pointed out he wants to leave the company to him which Cruella wouldn’t be okay with. She already has issues with this fact because he isn’t her son and this will give her more of an excuse to kick him out of the company and the house.

Mind you once can still have doubts regarding Suk Joon’s birth secret whether he was adopted or the chairman had an affair. Perhaps Joker has all these women problems because he has inherited that from his fathers’ genes.

Well that covers most of my points for the time being. So till next time. All of you take care and keep posting. Looking forward to reading them. till then will try and watch the latest episodes so that I can share my thoughts on it.

4 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

One other thing I simply don’t see what her obsession is with wanting to be with a competent man rather than one that loves her as her mother is suggesting. I believe she tried to justify it by pointing out that if the husband is competent then other things can be overlooked and forgiven. Am not so sure that applies I mean what if the guy is physically abusive or has some other flaws would she still be okay in a marriage like that. I don’t think so. Being competent surely helps but it isn’t everything and that is why I seem to be more amused by her choices than anything. She probably needs to learn a lesson though.

@yamiyugi She already explained why she was a competent man over love. It is because of her father. Growing up she saw her mom work real hard  and suffered a lot due to her father’s incompetence. So she said she doesn’t want to end up like that. I don't think he cheated on her. He even told her, they grew up together and they had lost touch. 
@Lmangla 

I just watched episode 34
I believe she will choose SH. But she will not let PJ get the SJ. She will do whatever she can to make sure PJ never finds happiness. She is such a miserable person due to her jealousy. I can’t quiet understand why she cares what kind of life PJ lives. If SH really shows an interest in PJ, it will drive her crazy because it will remind her about what happened when they were in school. 
Lee Eun Joo - -> I wonder where doe she get that mean streak from. Her mother doesn’t seem to be the type. Her mom’s problem is her mind set in how her children are perfect and can do no wrong. I find it amazing how some parent can still stand by their children especially when they do something wrong. 

Can anyone tell me, DO YOU THINK Kim Bok Soon lied about her son to PJ.? She has told us that her husband died and that her son was her husbands child. So my guess is SH isn’t Kang Tae Soo’s son. I think he was adopted her son until she got healthy.She also told PJ she sent her son to the orphanage.  She never handed the child to Kang Tae Soo. So how did KTS get SJ.  I think Kim Bok Soon was married and she had a son and gave the child up because of her illness or Kang Tae Soo abandoned  his wife and son but it wouldn’t make sense if there was Kang Seok Hwan. Unless KSH isn’t his son and he married Cruella. Then KSH took his last name to cover up for her secret. "  I KNOW , I Know. Just laying all my thought here. lol :evillaugh:
KBS was very uncomfortable when Cruella mentioned “ HOW COULD A MOTHER ABANDON HER SON”.  Then she said she could have had a good reason. KTS May feel indebted to Kim Bok Soon and nothing else. I feel that KBS feels no shame in having giving up her son. She mentions it so righteously with no guilt. She believed she did the right thing. 

Ha Yeol-Do 

I wonder who is his dongsaeng?? Unless there is a new character being introduced, I think it will be SJ. This will be helpful for for SJ because he needs someone at that company who has his back because that witch “Lee Eun-Joo” is such a schemer. She doesn’t deserve to be happy in the end. I see her as a greedy person who only cares about herself. 

“Help full  clue  for Ha Yeol-Do Then the other person is your 동생 (dongsaeng)! This term means both little sister and little brother, though if you want to put more emphasis on the gender of the 동생 (dongsaeng) you are talking about, you can add 여 (yeo) for girls and 남 (nam) for boys.”

Power hungry vixen  had an affair with a married colleague becoz she thought she would be a congressman's wife. She even rejected a blind date with SH , the supposely heir to lx group at that time. She chose power over money. Now she may personally prefer to be with SJ rather than with  that idiot SH but she will switch her prey to SH if thats gonna get her the chairman's wife title. What attracted her to SJ in the first place was he is the chairman choice as his successor. His looks and him being smart are added bonus. 

Yup one thing for sure Vixen will not stand still regardless who she choose when SJ and PJ ship sails. She is that spiteful. 

But what a waste. If Vixen put her mind into it, she is actually competent herself to achieve what she wants by her own efforts. She get along okay with her colleagues and she is good at her job. I guess she is the type who can be all nice and cheery unless someone get in her way. Then beware! Have met this type of person myself ;)

Secretary Ha is searching for his noona. The writer could be trolling the viewers by that old man revelation. I prefer his noona  to be cruella. Becoz all this while she keeps blabbing on and on about her blue blood  and how she should be the one to head lx group. Won't that be a wallop in the face when she finds out she is not her dad daughter. The age gap is too big tho. 

Secretary Ha knew who took his noona. Could be the previous chairman or his wife. Thats why he is working at lx group. To get more information. 

1 hour ago, mizkorea said:

Secretary Ha is searching for his noona. The writer could be trolling the viewers by that old man revelation. I prefer his noona  to be cruella

oooh, that would be one interesting twist! even with a large age gap, it is possible if her dad had a girlfriend late in life..

1 hour ago, mizkorea said:

If Vixen put her mind into it, she is actually competent herself to achieve what she wants by her own efforts.

yea, thats what her brother tae woo said when he wondered why she has to marry; guess, she wants to have power and stomp on people?

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Ha Yeol-Do 

I wonder who is his dongsaeng?? Unless there is a new character being introduced, I think it will be SJ

ooh, that could be interesting as well but bok soon hasn't mentioned another son. maybe her husband someone else? there are so few characters in this drama that it is like a game to wonder who secretary Ha is related to! hahahaha...

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

She will do whatever she can to make sure PJ never finds happiness. She is such a miserable person due to her jealousy. I can’t quiet understand why she cares what kind of life PJ lives. If SH really shows an interest in PJ, it will drive her crazy because it will remind her about what happened when they were in school. 

yea, she really does have a weird obsession with pil jeong. internet friends are telling min ho that pil jeong is such a bad catch yet the way eun joo acts, one would think pil jeong is some amazing rival!

4 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

What if the missing sibling turns out to be Secretary Park himself. Just think about the conflict that he will be going through once he discovers that the person that he was searching for all along was the one that he killed.

that would certainly make it dramatic and go down an interesting route; secretary ha looks like a far sharper man and am sure he has some sort of evidence to protect himself. he does have some unhealthy interest in the company though unclear why.

15 hours ago, 0ly40 said:

I think she will think about a way for Suk Joon for being the sucessor, because she likes SJ and she wants to conquer him.

yea I thought that she will choose seok hwan immediately when she told him that nothing was going on between her and seok joon. but with her mom, she was far more calculative. it looks like she is playing her cards to see which way to go first..

I was surprised to read all of y'all's comments. Pretty in depth and perceptive. Where have I been? I can guess where. I'm always falling asleep on my shows.  I guess plucking everybody's hair and rushing them to the genealogy lab would take care of the who is who and where scenarios. All we have left is the why.  I see that Eun Joo is on it.

Eun Joo -  I really thought she had a crush on Suk Joon. But she's more calculating. She doesn't want to end up with her crush and live a miserable life trying to make ends meet. And she isn't gullible either; she wants proof. Have you ever heard the saying about eating your own(not literately). "I hate you because I know you would suffer in life because you are a woman." You would think she would be kind to PJ but instead she's doing everything to push her down. 

Suk Joon - He reminds me of a nerd with a suit. He's smart and then he's not too smart. Little does he know that he's being sized up by the opposite sex as marriage material. He's too busy telling people why Pil Jung doesn't stand a chance of getting her kids dream guy. He is arrogant. No wonder Pil Jung doesn't like him. But the kids are right - SJ and PJ are a good match.

SW - He's a mama's boy nerd in a suit. There are a lot of rich nerds in suits. Bill Gates. But SW can't do anything without his mama.

SW mom - She and her son SW are always scheming together. What's going to happen when he marries EJ. I guess she's have to pair up with what's his name. Just don't get too cozy with him. He might be your brother.

Note: I heard the phrase   …..eating their own from a teacher in nursing school. Meaning where one should feel compassion for you due to empathy you get beat down....

1 hour ago, brooksmom said:

Where have I been? I can guess where. I'm always falling asleep on my shows. 

kekekke... don't worry, that's pretty much how I watch shows; I don't have energy for thinking shows mostly at this time. but these shows are easy to chat about -- it feels like a fun easy gossip session at times! hahahah...

1 hour ago, brooksmom said:

SW - He's a mama's boy nerd in a suit. There are a lot of rich nerds in suits. Bill Gates. But SW can't do anything without his mama.

eun joo's mom also mentioned that; it might be one reason why eun joo is avoiding seok hwan because like chairman said, whoever marries seok hwan has to deal with her. basically, it is like a buy 1+get 1 package deal. and really, who would want to deal with her?

in a way, it is good that seok joon is putting the reality for the kids. they are in a way hilariously sheltered and innocent and seem to think that getting a dad is like getting a new toy. neither min ho or min ji are really thinking about what it means at all. was seok joon touched with min ji giving him a peck on the cheeks? guess, he is going to start slowly getting attached to the kids.....

35 minutes ago, brooksmom said:

by the way - what are soompi points. it's always by the quote

it is part of the new upgrade called members shop. see top of page, left hand side 5th tab -- browse, activity, rules, club, member shop. if you want to read more, check out the announcements thread... 

@Lmangla  I think the sibling secretary Ha's been looking will turned out to be will  PJ.

Cruella is so stupid why in the world she hate SJ she should have fake caring and loving him if she really wants chairman's love affection trust and affirmation. I bet SH is not chairman's son, he is probably from mom's illicit affair ( it happen most often in korean drama )

EJ now know the truth about SJ birth secret, maybe she will investigate more ( usually writernim/ directornim make them do that so the villian will always have more scene time than the lead star) also to drag the story :P . Or maybe her attention will divert to SH but i dont think that will happen. Yes she really thinks she is very pretty and attractive that any guy will fall for her :crazy:

PJ should dress up a bit and change her hairstyle surely SJ will fall eventually. I think minji will be the cupid in PJ and SJ love line :joy:. I also think EJ uncle will like PJ too

Does it really matter nowadays if you are born out of wedlock? Also when a mom abandon you do you have to hate  and curse her? Some mother gave up their children or for adoption hoping for the best for their life that  they cannot give. I hope when SJ finds out that her mom is the mom of PJ he wont hate her and will understand her.

Cruella should have treated SJ nicely and not try to let SJ find out the truth, doesn't even bother her that when SJ finds her mom and the chairman would find out that she is still alive her position will be at hang :o.  i think SJ will use his charm to PJ and make her trust him and slightlty fall for him to get her give up the land. But the opposite will happen SJ will be the one who will fall in love deeply to PJ after getting to know her good and true side, and PJ will get angry at him after knowing the truth and avoid him :o:wub:.

I don't get it why Minho (specially) did he forget what he said when he was a kid that he dont need a dad as long as PJ is her mom, im very dismay with this kid and Minji want their mom to marry rich person. PJ gave her all heart caring and work hard for their living.

EJ is getting in to my nerve, she such feeling , gorgeous, smart know all ..... why in the world that Villain always get to discover the secret of the Lead cast and get more exposure than them. And also if you try to kill them (they are like cats who has 7 lives) and always get away everything they does :D this always happen in Daily long drama.

But still im here for SJ and PJ relationship progress love them both:wub:

@UnniSarah First of all I want to thankyou for reminding me the real reason why Vixen is searching for a competent man to marry. I did remember that her father had issues but I couldn’t recall who mentioned this fact. For some reason I thought that it was her mother who was complaining to her about this fact.

Everyone beware @Jillia is on the warpath once again and trying to shut down our voices by not letting us post Instagram links anymore. :lol: What am I going to do now that was my favourite part of my posts? (okay I am just joking here incase somebody gets the wrong idea. I have never even posted any Instagram link.) Still a shame for those that used to do it but what can one do.

Now on to the drama itself.

Spoiler

I know that some of us may be in the minority over here but it seems more likely at this point that Suk Joon may indeed have been adopted and isn’t the actual son of the chairman. Granted some of this is pure speculation and even wishful thinking on our parts so we may be proven wrong. At that point I will admit my mistake. Regardless let’s look at some of the facts to see if these points hold well.

So let’s start with the chairman’s scenes in the last two episodes. When is wife brought up the matter of Suk Joon’s biological mother he clearly pointed out that she was just an acquaintance from his hometown. Another thing to note was that he never admitted that he was the father. He got fed up and left when it was pushed. When his wife asked him about why he continued to meet her after meeting in Seoul. (clearly indicating that he was having an affair because he wasn’t over her) he reminded her that he only met her because she was going through a hard time. She was the one that didn’t buy that story. Like I have pointed out she likes to twist everything to what she wants to believe so it makes sense that she wouldn’t believe him even if he was telling her the truth. On top of all this it makes little to no sense for him to deny the fact that he had Suk Joon through an affair. Unless there was some clause in the marriage contract that he signed when he married her. Still hiding such a major secret might be next to impossible. The only way that I can justify Cruella is correct is if she has run a DNA comparison test between him and Suk Joon.

Now let’s follow up the conversation that she had with Kim Book Soon herself. Kim Book Soon admitted that her husband had passed away. If this is true, then Suk Soon could have been his biological son and not the chairman’s. But Cruella didn’t realize this since she is so determined to prove that Suk Joon is from an affair from her husband so she next brings up the person that Kim Book Soon wants to see other than her son. At this point she brings up a person that she wants to see. But in this case it is more because she is curious as to how that person is doing. While she never clarifies that the person is the chairman it is quite obvious to us all who it is (even to Cruella). Again this makes sense if those two were quite close back in the day. Plus if she is slightly aware of the fact that the Chairman took her son to help raise him then it makes sense for her to be curious about how the son is doing and to thank him as well for taking care of him for all this time.

Some people brought up the fact that she may have been lying to Cruella or even Pill Jung about the truth. This may indeed be quite possible but when stories are a bit to consistent then that person is either a very good liar or is simply telling the truth. In both cases Kim Book Soon as clearly stated that her husband had passed away. Granted you don’t tell a stranger that they were involved in an affair with a married man as that can be embarrassing and all so it is quite possible that she was lying to them. Even if it was Pill Jung she might not be willing to admit the truth now since she considers her like a daughter and doesn’t want to embarrass both of them at this point by revealing this past.

So at the moment I am leaning towards 60% that those two didn’t have an affair and that Suk Joon therefore isn’t their child. The only thing that might be taken negatively is the Chairman’s statement that he would still be interested in meeting Kim Book Soon if she were still alive and then he praised all her good qualities infront of his wife. But at this point who wouldn’t be tired of a woman that is constantly trying to find fault with everything that you do.

@mizkorea About the fact that Cruella might be the missing Noona that Shark is hunting for. Another good candidate is in for the running. Possible if her father got involved somehow. But for that to likely happen is that either she isn’t related to him by blood and that he initially adopted her because he needed a child to carry on his family (he had nobody to pass on his wealth so he chose a successor that way). There are certainly a few issues with that line of thought though. The person told Shark that his relative was taken. This probably indicates that force was applied. Her father also would have to have taken her at an extremely young age for her not to realize that she wasn’t related to him. I also had another theory of what could have happened but at this point it just doesn’t make enough sense after consideration and all. So will leave it for now and perhaps add it when I figure out the right way to present it.

@Lmangla While I admit that Kim Book Soon has never admitted to having another son there is still another way for her to have one. It is by having one without knowing about one. LoL. By this I mean that it could have been her husband that had an affair and thus had a child that she was never aware about. A good example could be seen with Pill Jung’s husband. Remember that one time when he got drunk with all those people and even managed to not only bring that woman from the bar at his home he even slept with her. Blame it all on being drunk. Now it is quite possible that something like that may have happened over here as well and that woman might have conceived much later on. So Shark could be indirectly related to Suk Joon. Not sure how I feel about that. Pretty sure though I don’t want him to be related to Pill Jung though. I get why some people may want that and I respect their thoughts in regards to it. still I am probably in the minority when I say that I don’t want them to be related. Plus, another important fact to note. Shark is looking for only one missing relative. Either an older sister or a younger sibling. If it was Pill Jung then what about her sister. This makes two people that he is searching for. Then on second thoughts it is quite possible after all the old man was suffering from dementia so he could be right both times. Pill Jung could perhaps be his Noona and her sister could be his dongsang. Though the question becomes who exactly is this old man.

Plus, like it has been pointed out over here Shark does seem to have an unhealthy obsession with LX Group. To the point that he is willing to do anything to get trusted enough over there. seems like an important detail. So it makes more sense if his family member is working there. Infact this pretty much makes everyone over there a suspect at this point. LoL. Come to think about it who mentioned over here that perhaps Joker isn’t related to the chairman might not even be wrong at this point. I could perhaps even come up with a scenario to make it so. Though it will clearly have its flaws. Still would be interested to hear your thoughts regarding it and if it is possible. I clearly pointed out in my last post that Cruella wouldn’t be stupid enough to have an affair behind the Chairmans back. Note I have clearly been proven wrong before when it comes to these facts as seen by my posts in Bad Love. Anyway back to the point. Still it isn’t impossible for her to get away with it of sorts. It may have been possible that she was indeed pregnant with his kid but somehow ended up losing it (perhaps due to stress or some other contributing factor). Afraid of her husband discovering this fact or perhaps needing something for him to hold onto so that she could control him she goes and grabs some random kid and pretends to claim it as the chairman’s son to fool him and all. Thus in this way it is possible that Shark may very well be searching for Joker all along and that is even why fate has set them up together.

My only real issue with this theory though is that it makes little sense that she wants him to inherit the company if he isn’t her actual son. Also the way that she has raised him. If he was a fake son she probably would have tried to keep him at a distance as well and perhaps treated him just as coldly as she does Suk Joon. Though a few things might have changed along the way. Depending on when she started raising him she may have actually become fond of him. Though considering how she has treated Suk Joon all these years I do have my doubts if she can even express motherly feelings if the child wasn’t of her blood. The other contributing factor that must be considered is that her husband suddenly brought in another child which she considered a threat so assumed that she was better off with the person she was using as a tool and whatnot. Plus, since he is the only one that she could bet on she did her best to be nice to him and all.

As for Vixen it seems that a DNA result will make her finally decide on who she wants to be with. She is an extremely calculating person who needs to have the best at all times. It is also the reason why she informed Joker that nothing was happening between her and Suk Joon. Even then she was carefully hedging her bets. If it turns out that Suk Joon isn’t actually his brother and was from an affair, then that makes him fair game. If she admitted that she had feelings for Suk Joon she knows that he might never accept her or realize that she is the actual Gold Digger. Her mother has clearly pointed out that Suk Joon might be out of the running for the chairman’s position once his birth secret is revealed this means that Joker is her best option. She knows this to be true so once this fact is verified she is going to switch her targets. Though just how happy she will remain after the marriage remains to be seen. Joker at first will be extremely happy that she has feelings for him until he recalls what he told her when he was drunk and then the problems will actually start. Then there will be further issues which won’t allow them to be in a happy marriage.

A few more things to note about the last two episodes. Pill Jung’s sister apparently has the highest scores between the interns and that means that she will probably get the job. Unfortunately, this being a drama things won’t be so simple correct. Joker has gone through all this effort and time to impress and win Vixen over. Thus when he notes that her brother isn’t going to get the job he is going to pull some strings to make it happen. This will again cause a misunderstanding between the two. Still since she knows Suk Joon she might also end up getting the job as well. She will complain how things are so unfair at the company and how someone got into it using his connections. Suk Joon will look into the matter and try to fix the matter to the best of his ability (without revealing his real identity to that family). As for the brother he will probably be forced to stay at the company and all. This way those two can continue to work together and eventually clear up their misunderstanding. It might be possible that he might even be willing to quit and not accept the job position due to feeling that he doesn’t deserve the position but it might not be so easy for him to do that if he gets pressure from certain members of his family.

Oh I just figured out another person we could throw into the hat for the missing family member of Shark. This could perhaps be Pill Jung’s BFF. Though the chances of that are extremely slim at this point.

I am also starting to think that Suk Joon and Pill Jung are quite good for each other though probably not for the reasons some of you are thinking about. Actually come to think about it he is starting to behave more like one of this rich male leads from K-Drama Tropes and all. In this case it seems like he has lived an extremely sheltered life even when he didn’t which doesn’t always make a lot of sense. For example, he wants to eat fancy food or have other things such as having a bidet installed for himself and even wants an expensive blanket so that he can sleep better. All at the expense of Pill Jung mind you. Pill Jung on the other hand is teaching him that he can’t get all of that and that he should live within his means. Now for the reason why these things don’t make a lot of sense. If he had lived a 100% sheltered life, I would have found this to be a bit believable but we know for a fact that he has been living in that boarding house when he was studying for his civil exam. At that point I doubt that he had all those luxuries available to him. Blanket could have been explained as something that he brought from home, the fancy food could be slightly justified as he occasionally went home to check up on Leon and his dad. Perhaps meeting his fiancée and all. Even using the bidet could perhaps be explained when he visited his home as I doubt that the boarding house would have one. The thing is that he can still do all of those things. Yet he seems to be making a big fuss about it over here. Pill Jung is the perfect person to put him in his place and make him realize that not everybody has all those luxuries yet they do just fine. Perhaps it will also help him better if he decides to stay with them instead of returning home when he discovers the truth.

This also brings up the fact about his birth secret. Whether or not that he would be mad at his mother abandoning him when he was young. If things continue to go the way they are going I doubt that will be the case. He gets to hear firsthand exactly what happened back then and the reason why she had to give up her child. If he is smart enough he may realize that she may not have been totally at fault and thus forgive her. Though this does depend on just how fast her finds out the truth. The more time that he spends at that place and gets to know the family the easier it will be for him to accept and forgive her. Regardless of the outcome Cruella and Joker feel like they will be the winners. If he has gotten to attached to his birth mother, then he will want to spend more time with her to get to know her better or what not and if that isn’t the case he might feel to embarrassed to face his father. He would confront him about this and how he must have hurt Cruella all these years thus that makes him disappointed in being related to the chairman and now wants nothing to do with him. At this point it will be even better for them if he decides to stepdown from the company as he may feel that he doesn’t deserve it as he isn’t related to that family. So in either case they win somehow. If he decides to do the former I can perhaps see those two try and pressure him to leave the company as he isn’t their family at all. This might be a good time for Pill Jung to comfort him even though she doesn’t know what is bothering him allowing them to get closer.

So it seems like I was partially correct about Yoo Kyung and Minho being friends. I had assumed that those two would be classmates as they seem to be closer in age. Turns out that isn’t exactly the case but they do seem online friends as well. So it might be interesting to see them become actual friends at some point. Though I do hope that friendship isn’t affected due to what her Aunt wrote at that time from You Kyung’s account. Speaking of her it is sad to see that she finally quit the track team. Was hoping that she would like it enough so that she could not only stick around but also make it harder for her Aunt to get rid of the team. I wonder what will bring her to rejoin the team.

I know that I had more to add. Unfortunately, my train of thoughts seem to have slipped for now so I will be ending my post over here. Till then take care all of you and keep posting. Looking forward to reading them.

#Our Voices Shall Be Heard. :D

Archived