[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

face palm. what is wrong with seon joong? girl, this swindler man is not going to convince eun ha of all people to give her approval. this is so going to backfire and she is going to cry tickets. there is something really shady going on. he seems to be running away from loan sharks. it isn't clear how he located them after all these years and how he knows that pil jeong inherited the house from kim bok soon. it seems like he is there for more than just squatting.

pil jeong is right -- the man has not even apologized for the past and his actions continues to hurt them even now. so what is he up to? min ho, smart boy actually asks how large is this land and whether there are photos. bawhahaha... min ho kiddo, please continue to ask questions! based on the preview, it looks like seok hwan and  co are going to use the swindler to try get min ho. ugh.

the photographer made me chuckle -- loved how he gave it back to hye jin that it was his job to select the best photos! ha :D

Just save your self folks this episode is just bare stress. Just fast forward until you see the photo shoot, then once that's done bow out. Seon Jeong's selfish side is back and unfortunately because of her actions it will help facilitate Min Ho been taken away. She shows completely disregard for Pil Jeong's feeling not only letting this man into the house, also making the kids more or less lie to their mother, then hiding him upstairs and then twisting Pil Jeong into letting him stay. PJ forever having to sacrifice, guessing she had to help raise SJ once pops ran away and mum took sick so she will always have a soft spot that SJ knows how to pick.

This complete stranger ends up in the house like all is well and he didn't run off with some mistress, leaving his family causing their mum to work herself to death. Pil Jeong again fails to follow through, she told her she'd cut ties if she lets him in but off course he ends up moving in. That's why MH and SJ always end up taking the RickRoll'D with her because she doesn't follow through and they always take her for granted. Sadly though it will cost her greatly this time.

Dude opens her mail and see's the summons to family court.  Also SH has already over heard him taking on the phone saying how he'll get the money from his daughter to pay someone. Add this to the preview of him answering the that phone call and we can see where this is going. EJ and SH will pay him off to help bring Min Ho "home". He'll probably also steal PJ's stamp and the house deeds and sell that to them too.  They use that to hold power over Min Ho so he doesn't run back home. These are truly some detestable people. PJ needs to take her kids and leave the bloody lot of them Seon Jeong and Suk Joon (spineless fish) included they are all weights offering little help to her at the moment.

When his dad kept saying that he can't marry his nephew's mother, Suk Joon kept getting a look on his face that makes me think Suk Joon is going to remove himself from the Kang family register and start using his birth name again so that he can marry Pil Jeong. Where is Suk Joon's bio dad's family anyway? I feel like they're going to show up when Mr. Ha returns, and be super rich.

2 hours ago, mirandanator said:

When his dad kept saying that he can't marry his nephew's mother, Suk Joon kept getting a look on his face that makes me think Suk Joon is going to remove himself from the Kang family register and start using his birth name again so that he can marry Pil Jeong. Where is Suk Joon's bio dad's family anyway? I feel like they're going to show up when Mr. Ha returns, and be super rich.

Suk Joon's biological family should have come in the picture, not Pil Jeong's

21 hours ago, foreverempress said:

Suk Joon's biological family should have come in the picture, not Pil Jeong's

Yes, I think so. I also have curiosity for the old man in the hospital. Who is he? Mr. Ha when you will come to the screen and reveal the truth?

Nothing much to see today. The PJ's dad just provided proof that he's nothing but an old dirty conman. He conned some money of  screaming Banshee Principal Lady. Meaning Seon Jeong's plan is about come crashing down as the parents are meeting tomorrow and of course that's not gonna go well. He also had the gall to tell PJ to give up the kid and get money for all the years of raising him. He also told Min Ho he's a burden to his mum (considering he's not even her really son implied). Then at the end he met up with the EJ and SH and they said they'll pay him big bucks to help get Min Ho home. Seon Jeon's selfish little escapade is gonna cost both her and Pil Jeong big time. So goes to show you don't let stangers all up in you yard and into you business family or not. 

From the preview it looks like Min Ho is going to start believing he really is a burden, no doubt conman will add more fuel to that. He already doesn't like Min Ho cause the kid's got his number. Min Ho will end up doing the noble idiot thing and tell Pil Jeong he wants to go live with his dad, thinking if he does then they'll let Suk Joon and Pil Jeong get married. Not realising that Pil Jeong already made a promise to chairman that she'll break up with SJ if they cancel the law suite and also his Clowning grandpa never had any intentions of letting that happen as he needs the funding from what's her faces' dad. Chairman is still clowning promising PJ one thing while still pretending to SJ that he'll hear him out the conniving RickRoll'D. God I hope he looses everything by the end of all this. 

skimmed through as it is such an awful episode. basically min ho is made to feel guilty by scammer dad. not sure why pil jeong and seon jeong haven't kicked him out yet after finding out he tried to scam eun ha. he obviously has no money and is squatting. UGH! so min ho decides to leave. poor thing.

@tas82 ~ really frustrating how passive our leads are, especially seok joon. will this drama now limp its way to the finish?

10 hours ago, foreverempress said:

SMH. I will likely not tune back in until episode 115

please update me too when the situation changes and when the story speaks for the Title but i doubt it the drama is about to finish and still PJ is single where is the AFFAIR?  :mrgreen: i already stop watching since last week

17 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

skimmed through as it is such an awful episode. basically min ho is made to feel guilty by scammer dad. not sure why pil jeong and seon jeong haven't kicked him out yet after finding out he tried to scam eun ha. he obviously has no money and is squatting. UGH! so min ho decides to leave. poor thing.

@tas82 ~ really frustrating how passive our leads are, especially seok joon. will this drama now limp its way to the finish?

Urgh bloody knew it, might give this episode a miss then. Yup looks like it, the story is lost unnecessary drama and angst reigns supreme. For what's at stake their actions make no sense. There's no way PJ should still have that man around her kids. 

The reason I am done is because of the obvious regression and shock value the writer is trying which I suppose is due to failing ratings. This couple should have been married by now. Isn't it more important for SJ to know both sides of his biological family? Shouldn't Mr. Ha be back by now? Shouldn't vixen's ex-be back with proof she is a liar? The chairman has NO balls, NO BALLS whatsoever!

For me, I knew when they made PJ a dummy again by lying for Vixen, the drama would go down hill until maybe the last week. When you have a writer that writes solely for the plot, stupid mess like this happens. This couple should be married while navigating the complexities of a blended family, then the Min ho situation would have been more dynamic because Min ho would have finally had a stable father, only for this secret to come out and wreck the family.

Instead, Cruella, Nasty Vixen (and her mama), Dumbo biological son, Stage 5 clinger ex-girlfriend runs the show! Who wants to watch an unequal balance like that for weeks on end? Does the writer think they are doing us a favor by giving us small tidbits of PJ excelling in a golf demonstration, and two photo shoots? Seriously? PJ was physically beaten by her dead husband, bullied by vixen, lost her teaching job, gained her teaching job, defied expectations and created a track team that won awards only to still be fired again, working as an intern to be bullied and intimidated by the Chairman and his entire family and plus Stage 5 clinger ex-girlfriend. The writer has lost all direction with this show. The ratings are not that great for them to extend it by more than 2 episodes. This is a daily drama; this writer had plenty of time to work these things out!

Okay was initially planning on doing a recap of episode 85. Unfortunately got side tracked for some weird reason or the other so here we are 5 episodes later minus a recap. Anyway here are some of my thoughts regarding the show.

While it may have a few flaws of its own and is far from perfect the one good thing that I generally like about it is the fact that once certain secrets are discovered they get exposed really fast. Give us about a week or 5 episodes at most and almost everyone knows or is brought up to date with the secret in some manner or the other. Though the resolution may take a bit longer than one would expect. Granted then again this show is less about hiding facts unlike other shows but exposing them much faster. An interesting take which is why I enjoy this show as well as Hide and Seek. Both of these shows were different from normal shows in this category.

Now on to other things in regards to this show.

Spoiler

So Pill Jung’s dad finally decided to make an appearance and he is just as I suspected a dead beat dad. Totally not surprised. I just wish that these characters had more of a sense of how to deal with him. Frankly speaking there is literally no reason for him to stay at their house apart from causing trouble for no reason whatsoever. Infact everything could easily have been resolved even with him not there.

Seo Jung wants him to help her get married and thinks that Eun Ha is going to approve of her because she suddenly has her father back in the picture. Well thanks to this modern world and technology almost everyone has a mobile phone these days. All she needed to do was get his phone number. Then when they set a date for the parents to meet she could have called him and informed him of the meeting and told him that he better show up or else they are done. If they want to meet and make up for lost time restaurants and cafes are options available to them as someone else mentioned over here.

He claims that he is only here for a short time because he has land that he needs to sell at Jeju Island and that once he does that he will give them their share for trying to make up for all that he did in the past and once it is done he will leave once again. Again well and good but still no reason for him to stay at their place if he had any shame and all. He could still do all of that but not live with them. Thus once he gets the money from the so called sale of land he gives it to them and leaves. As for where he stays that is entirely his own problem and issue.

Pill Jung is surprisingly going easy on him when she should have been more firm. Heck none of the other guys who were living there in the past went without paying any sort of rent. Suk Joon might have gotten a pass later on once it was discovered that Kim Book Soon was his mother. At that point it just wouldn’t be right and fair to charge him rent since this was equally his house as well. Tae Woo who is currently living there as well pays his due rent. Thus Pill Jung should start charging her father as well. If she wants to give him the family discount she can tell him to share the rent with Tae Woo since they are sharing the same room and all. She should also make it clear to Tae Woo that he better not try and pull a fast one by taking on her father’s share as well otherwise they both can leave. That should hopefully keep everyone in check and not take advantage of the situation and all.

Salty is really starting to get on my nerves at this point since he wants to get everything his way and is thus playing both sides. On one hand he tells Suk Joon that he will reconsider the Hyejin situation and the next he is secretly making deals with her that he will help her get together with Suk Joon and all. Granted though in this case the situation has changed since he agreed to give Pill Jung a chance and all considering that the Minho factor has suddenly popped up. But the reveal did give us a few amusing lines from some of the characters.

Hyejin : I will be a great Aunt to Minho.

Nobody asked you to be one creepy lady.

Cruella : We don’t know what kind of a past she (Vixen) had before marriage. For all we know she had a ton of boyfriends. (When Eun Ha confronts the family in regards to Joker having a kid. Cruella tries to justify her actions)

This one is actually going to be a blast considering all that we viewers know about the situation. Am waiting to check out Eun Ha’s reaction when the truth is revealed to her. She thinks that her daughter is perfect without any kinds of flaws and that others are simply out to malign her and whatnot. One of the reasons that she doesn’t like Pill Jung.

Vixen : Give me Joker’s child or If Pill Jung can do it then so can I.

Just goes to show her thought process which is interesting. Remember when Pill Jung told her that she (Vixen) was jealous of her because she had the perfect life and Vixen was all in denial. Well I think it is more than that from the last comment. For some weird reason Vixen seems to think that Pill Jung is her rival. I still can’t see the reason behind it all. It all started from the day that Pill Jung so called stole the affections of her first crush namely one of their school teachers to this day. Thus at every point she tries to be better than her only to end up losing to Pill Jung in some manner or the other which then resorts her to playing dirty. Thus everything for Vixen is this weird competition between her and Pill Jung.

Now competition between others especially friends is all well and good and it can even be healthy if done right but she takes it to the extremes. Which isn’t good for anyone. Even now she isn’t paying heed to the advice of others that raising a kid that isn’t her own isn’t going to be easy. Again she thinks that if Pill Jung could do then she naturally can do it better especially if she has more backing and all. What she fails to realize is that Pill Jung has the advantage here because she has been raising Minho since he was a kid and has never tried to differentiate between him and Minji which has played a big part in his upbringing. Meaning Minho has a bond with his mother something that he isn’t going to have with Vixen anytime soon.

Not only that but Vixen isn’t really going to be sincere towards his wellbeing for two reasons. First of all she sees raising him more like a business transaction. So she will probably think that just buying him expensive gifts will keep him quiet and out of her hair. She won’t care how he is doing in school or his mental state etc The second reason is him being Pill Jung’s son. If the first issue was a problem this other one is the real deal breaker. Trying to raise a random child would have been a problem but raising her rival’s son. In that case she could never be sincere towards him. She may initially try just to one up Pill Jung but she won’t be able to handle him especially when her gifts/bribes won’t work on him. So even her bragging victory to Pill Jung is going to fail when she realizes her true motivation and all

She may think that he is initially here because he wants the good life after all that is the reason why she married Joker in the first place. So she will be able to relate. Thus she will boast to Pill Jung that blood is certainly thicker than water and shows Minho’s true colours and all. Initially breaking Pill Jungs heart and allowing Vixen a moment of victory. Once she discovers his true motivation and that he is actually here because he was willing to sacrifice his own happiness for his mother’s sake she is probably going to lose it to discover that she has lost to Pill Jung once again. Guess that will make her into a mini Cruella and she will start to treat him like Cruella did to Suk Joon in the past and Cruella won’t really have much of a leg to stand on when she brings up this fact because Vixen will remind her that is how she treated Suk Joon in the past.

Will this be enough for Cruella to realize her mistake and apologize to Suk Joon of how she treated him back then. Probably not.

Hyejin and her father also need to stop expecting to become In Laws with Salty by marrying Suk Joon. They all think that due to the Minho situation Suk Joon can’t marry Pill Jung since that makes him his uncle and that would be one messed up family dynamics if it works. Problem is easily solved though. Suk Joon just needs to take back his original identity of being Kim Book Soon and since he has no blood connection to Salty no messing up the family dynamics. This would be a total stranger raising a random kid he just got to know.

Frankly I want these other people to force Suk Joon to take this drastic step. It will finally show all these people that Suk Joon is serious to be with Pill Jung and if his name isn’t on the family register they won’t be able to control him the way that they like. Not only this but Cruella and company will have ended up shooting themselves in their own foot which really can’t be all that bad now can it. As long as Suk Joon is part of the family they may be afraid of him trying to get his share of the family fortune even though he has a signed a document/contract saying that he doesn’t want any of it. What if he changes his mind later on or Salty gifts him something while he is still alive. The rest of the family really can’t do anything about that. If he on the other hand isn’t part of the family anymore something they so want, then him not getting any part of the inheritance makes more sense. After all, why give something to a stranger. But this also backfires on them at the same time. If he were to revert to his original identity, he is now not only free to marry Pill Jung but he can also adopt Minho as there would be no messing of the so called family dynamics anymore. They would end up losing the biggest treasure thanks to their own foolishness. Right not they are prioritizing wealth over everything.

But that is merely a short term gain since they won’t have anyone to pass it on once they pass away thanks to Joker being infertile and Vixen failing to conceive even though she tried the procedure. Unless they agree that winning Minho over is a lost cause and finally decide to adopt.

Now on to Eun Ha and Pill Jung’s dad. A really absurd pairing even if it was temporary. Do find it amusing how these two families are interconnected like that but that seems to be a norm for these dramas. Still what I find weird is how Eun Ha even fell for the guy. He was giving these extremely corny pickup lines that even I was cringing at. Who would even fall for them is so weird when it was clearly obvious as to what they were. Not only that Eun Ha clearly recognizes what they were as well yet she still fell for them. which makes it all the more weirder. If she was for instance planning on using him, I would feel it more believable than what we got. For instance, when we had the previews of a mysterious guy following Seo Jung or him tussling with Tae Woo I could probably think that Eun Ha had hired him to either scare Seo Jung so that she would be forced to give up on Tae Woo or perhaps she had hired him to forcefully drag Tae Woo home. These things would make a whole lot more sense to me and thus she gave him her contact number.

Unfortunately, it was none of those reasons at all. So she basically gave a stranger her contact number because she fell for his corny lines to the extent that she even meets him a few times outside as well. Again had he perhaps come off as some fancy rich guy with style I might have felt that was more believable but not this. He was a con man from the start. So on one hand I want her to trick her out of everything that she has but then that would only be a problem and hassle for Pill Jung and family. Plus, she would feel the resentment towards said family was justified. Though it may result in what she wants Tae Woo and Seo Jung breaking up after all how would he be able to live in the same house where her father conned his mother.

As for the dad like I mentioned earlier he needs to go before he causes more damage to his family. The guy only sees $$$ signs and how to make them quickly without any consequences. If he accepts Joker’s proposal, he will be doing exactly that. Perhaps if he realizes that Suk Joon is also the chairman’s son he might have a different idea but until that happens it is too much to hope that he will change. Not only is him accepting the money foolish but it may cause problems for Pill Jung as well. For instance, if Pill Jung decides to take the matter to court she won’t have the advantage that she previously had. If Joker and family, it smart that is. All that they need to do here is prove that they gave the dad money. Then they can lie that the money was a form of settlement that they had agreed to give Pill Jung for raising Minho for all those years and that she had initially accepted to said terms and all. But now she suddenly got greedy and wants more and thus is refusing to hand him over even after they paid her or that she wants to take him back. Granted there may be an issue why the dad accepted the money but they could lie that he was the mediator between them and all or they could further have asked him to steal her seal and sign a document indicating that she had done exactly what they had claimed. Pill Jung could probably take that to court as well and charge her dad for fraud and theft. But all that would take time to be fully resolved and all. Fortunately, we don’t have that many episodes so they won’t go down this route. There are also a bunch of other problems that the dad can cause the longer that he stays there.

Fortunately, the one good thing that I can see with him accepting the deal is that once he accepts the money that they have promised him he has no real reason to stick around Pill Jung’s house anymore. Thus he can clear of all his debt issues and leave the house as well. Assuming that is Joker and company indeed pay him his share. Something that I don’t doubt will happen. After all they were more than willing to do that to Pill Jung so why would they try and cheat him out.

As for Minho he is planning on doing the noble sacrifice here and go to Joker’s house in the hopes that Pill Jung can marry Suk Joon. This means Pill Jung might initially be forced to let him go since she may think that is his idea and all. Fortunately for all of us he is friends with Yoo Kyung with whom he confides in. This will result in the doctor finding out why Minho has actually left the house and all. He can then reveal said fact to Pill Jung. As for Pill Jung breaking up with Suk Joon thanks to the lawsuit being called off by Salty will be a bit sad but even that I feel can be resolved pretty fast. In this case the only one who knows the truth regarding this matter just so happens to be three people. Namely Salty and Pill Jung since they made this deal and Pill Jung’s friend the nurse since she confided this fact to her. This means that she just needs to reveal this fact to either Suk Joon or the doctor. Probably the latter who will then as usual report it to Suk Joon. Hopefully this will be the catalyst for Suk Joon to cut ties with Salty and his family for good. If that happens I can probably see Salty try and guilt trip Pill Jung for severing family ties and whatnot. Hopefully Pill Jung doesn’t fall for any of that.

Anyway the biggest obstacle that currently the main leads face are the fake charges of murder against Suk Joon for killing Secretary Park. Somebody needs to reveal the first part so that the name clearing can actually beging.

I have noticed some people are wondering who the old guy is that Shark used to visit. The one that gave him information about his sister and all and if he is somehow connected to Pill Jung and her family. At this point this is highly unlikely. Nothing seems to indicate that and if he did he would probably be through their mother’s side. Dad is a con artist always in need of cash to the extent that the only reason that he has returned home is to leech of his daughters and get money from them to clear of his debt or whatever. If he was related to the old man this might not be the issue. As for him pretty sure it was mentioned that Kim Book Soon used to work at their place before someone dragged her away from there. He had initially assumed that it was Salty but Shark discovered that it was instead Suk Joon’s dad. Why and how that happened isn’t really all that important at this point. Perhaps she was married to the dad until his family tracked them down and threatened her to leave. Thus she went into hiding and worked at his place. It could also explain why he mentioned that Kim Book Soon’s life was threatened and she was in danger. Regardless I don’t see how they could be related to Pill Jung at this point unless the writer reveals the details.

As for Suk Joon’s grandparents showing up would be an interesting plot point. Not sure if we need any of that though. Like I mentioned earlier we have a limited number of episodes remaining. 30 give or take. We can be sure that we will get an extension to this drama since Monday didn’t get one and they generally like to end a show by the end of a week so that the next one starts on the starting of the new week and all. So what plot points are remaining that need to be covered in these future episodes.

Minho resolution (hopefully done in this week or the next at best)

Secretary Park murder case

Vixen’s past (miscarriage and all)

Hyejin matter and possibly her dad pulling out his investment resulting in LX Group facing financial difficulties and all.

Perhaps even Pill Jung’s house matter and how Joker and company want to break it up so they can start their development.

Seo Jung and Tae Woo relationship issues

Pretty sure there are a few more as well that I can’t exactly recall. Some have easy solutions and all some not so much. For instance, I feel that the house resolution and the pulling out investment can be done together. The writer tends to bring up such things but at the same time it seems like they forget about them as well. The entire reason that Suk Joon moved into that house in the first place was so that he could get the settlement between the family and the company so that they could start the development which was on hold. Then he discovers that the house belonged to his mother and on top of all that he had fallen in love with Pill Jung and her family that he came up with alternative methods to protect said house. Salty eventually came to the same conclusion as well since he discovered that Kim Book Soon lived there and all. But that means little to Cruella and company. They need that house gone for those same reasons and more. So we should see some development in regards to said plot. Heck the construction should have already started and all as well. Anyway the house remains safe considering the fact that once Hyejin’s father pulls back the investment the company won’t have plans to proceed with the development and all. I do hope that Pill Jung doesn’t decide to go the noble sacrifice way and think that selling her house will help the company survive and all. Perhaps she should make the gesture though and Salty senses her sincerity and all. So while he refuses it he also approves of her at the same time. Also just where would Pill Jung and family move to if she sold her house in the first place.

Another reason for them not to do so. I can see Pill Jung’s justification in selling the house though. That house means a lot to her and has helped her out numerous times in the past according to her own words. After her husband’s death it offered her shelter and later on when Minho needed money for his classes she put up a room for rent which also had the added benefit of reuniting a mother and son. In this way selling the house to save the company that was important to the man she loves wouldn’t be surprising since it came to the aid once again. The only way the sale of the house could work is if all the couples are finally together and all. Thus Seo Jung and Tae Woo go their separate ways and find a house of their own. His mother does have a spare apartment and if she gives it to them then they are good. Suk Joon and Pill Jung also need to get married. At this point they can either find their own place or move into Salty’s house since he probably has the extra rooms and all. Minho is clearly getting his own room. Minji might need to share the parents room if they don’t have a spare. My only issue with this would be that I would feel like a small victory for Cruella and Joker since they would have easy access to Minho something that they desire. Not only that as long as Vixen is a part of that family Pill Jung isn’t going to have it easy over there. There are after all limits to what even Suk Joon can do in that house. Vixen you can be sure would try to pull rank in that place to make her life miserable and you can be sure that Cruella would be no different. If Suk Joon has further cut ties with his family, then they even have less of a reason to be there and you can be sure that these people are going to make a hue and cry about it all. Also I doubt that the sale of the house is going to be sufficient to save the company. In other words, it will be more of a wasted attempt so I hope that Pill Jung doesn’t do it.

The Hyejin situation is getting absurd and I want it resolved soon. She simply isn’t getting the message. Frankly when the photoshoot happened and when she left I was hoping that the photographer would go with the Suk Joon and Pill Jung pictures and be done with it. Thus by the time she returned it would have already been all over and done with. She would then assume that her pictures were the ones that were selected only to be surprised when the results came out that the ones with Pill Jung were the ones chosen. Even now when she returned and discovered the truth she threw a fit at his choice and all and the guy had a great way to shut her down. Not that she is okay with it since she is demanding that Joker and company only go with her pictures. So even now I am hoping that while they have promised to do exactly that they are unable to do so and the Pill Jung ones are selected. Not that she is going to take that any better. Also I still don’t get why she is all that obsessed with wanting to marry a guy that is not only just not into you but also has someone else in his heart. I mean I can understand if she had something to gain from this marriage but this isn’t the case over here. He has nothing to his name apart from what he owns himself. He has no company shares so neither her dad or her can use that to their advantage. Infact he will probably end up taking her father’s company once he retires or passes away. So he has more to gain. Granted the company is in capable hands so they don’t have to worry but is it worth it. Also forcing him to marry her won’t result anybody being happy so what does she gain from that. She thinks that him wanting to be with Pill Jung is just a phase and once it is over he will want to return to her. In that case she should just behave patiently perhaps even leave and when it is done return. As of now the more she interferes the more he will dislike and despise her cutting her own chances in the future. Also messing with someone’s livelihood is just not cool and not professional as well.

Not only this but she is like an old dog that can’t learn any new tricks so she just reuses them. They didn’t work in the past so I wonder why she thinks that they will suddenly work now. Actually she should have gotten the message back then. Consider the fact when she left for the States to take care of her sick mother and all. People wondered if she had an agenda when she left like that back then and told him that she was going. I still feel that even back then she had an agenda of sorts. My feeling was that she was hoping that when she told him that he would have either agreed to marry her before sending her to the States or offered to come with her. The last part she lost out on because her family thought that it would have been better if Suk Joon continued his studies and passed the civil exam before following her and all. I guess they could brag that their SiL was a Civil Servant or something around those lines. So he got an out but if he genuinely had feelings for her he would have done one of those two options. Also considering the fact that once he was framed for murder Suk Joon thought of going abroad to study and clear his head. Now this was the perfect time for him to join her in the States where he could have not only done both of those things but also spend time with her. When he didn’t do any of that it should have been a clear signal to all of them that he just wasn’t into her as she was into him.

I did notice another question that some of the viewers had over here that why does Pill Jung give her precious time to all these people when they have nothing good to tell her. Pretty much they all look down on her and tell her to give up on Suk Joon because she isn’t worthy of him and all. Now they are all give up Minho since you can’t raise him or that he doesn’t belong to her etc In response to that I would say that she is in a kind of tricky spot where she has to go and meet them whenever they ask. Kind of. The reason that I say this is simple. Most of the time that we have seen her interact with said family is almost always during work hours. Also apart from Hyejin all of them are her immediate superiors at work. Especially when you consider that she is a mere intern over there. Thus when her superiors summon her she has no choice but to go even if she has a general idea of why she is being summoned over there. If she refuses to go, they have ample excuse to fire her. Heck they can even lie that they wanted to call her to assign her some work but she totally ignored them. On the other hand, she can probably tell them that she is only going to do work during working hours and nothing personal. If they want to discuss that they need to do so in her off hours where she has the option of ignoring them and all. Though I am not sure how well they will take this attitude of hers and might try and use this as an excuse to get her fired again. So in this case I can more or less understand why she ends up meeting that family whenever they call her out. So far as I can tell the only time that she has met Hyejin outside was once. Every other interaction that she has with her has almost always been in the company hallways or the company itself.

As for the first and only meeting that they had outside I can give her a pass. She probably had no idea what she was being called for and probably thought that it was work related and all thus she went for it. In other words, I would say that she has handled the cases quite well.

My only real issue with her is the lack of communication skills with Suk Joon. Both of them are supposed to partners and to share each other’s problems and burdens and come to a solution together. Instead she tries to face them all on her own. Even when she does communicate with him she doesn’t give the full details. For instance, when Joker sent her those court papers she just told him that. She didn’t tell him that she was considering making a deal with his father or even what the outcome of said deal was. Again I understand her reason for not doing that atleast at that point. If she did she probably knew what his answer would have been. That she didn’t need to do that and that they would find a way to resolve it by working together and all. Which would totally fail the purpose of her making said deal with Salty in the first place.

Just realized just how dumb can Seo Jung actually get or is she just plain selfish or what. She tells Pill Jung of how their dad has promised to get her, her own place and all once she gets married. Pill Jung rightfully asks her if she actually believes the dad. Problem here is that she knows exactly how he lives these days considering that he is at their place. So she must know by now that he has no job at present. The only money that he is going to get in the supposedly near future is by selling his supposed land and all. Even from that money he has promised to give it to her and Pill Jung. So where is he going to get money for her house and if he already had some he should have been living there or on his own instead of leeching from his daughters and all.

Also on another note I wish Pill Jung had decided to give him the riot act for going through her personal mail and all. He had no right to do so. Due to that he is now aware of Minho’s birth secret and he wants to get rid of him just so that he can line his own pockets and like some mentioned Minho is extremely suspicious of him and thus he is a risk to his plans to con his daughters and all.

I know that I am forgetting stuff but at the moment I just can’t seem to recall them. My flow of thoughts got disrupted when I had to had to leave for some time. Took longer than I expected to return to this post. So will leave it here for the time being. Probably will wait till the latest episode gets subbed before getting back to it and all. So till then take care all of you and keep posting.

On a side note this show is pretty much going along expected lines which I am used to by this point. So the frustration at the actions of the main leads is pretty much expected at this point for me. Thus not all that bothered as some of you over here. Do think some things need to be resolved faster and that the main leads need to get some more backbone and all. Also want to see the return of Shark and Vixen’s past get exposed. Other than that I all good for the time being.

Okay going for good now. So once again take care all of you.

today's episode was really sad. :cry: awww, min ji cried buckets and min ho was trying to be brave and hold back his tears. poor kid -- scammer dad has him totally convinced that if he left, pil jeong's life would be easier and so the kid is forcing himself to move in with seok hwan. eun ha already knows that scammer dad is the one who convinced min ho. seok joon guesses that because of chairman forcing pil jeong to break up with him, maybe min ho is leaving.

basically everyone can tell that min ho is not leaving because he wants to but all their hands are tied as they don't know his exact reason behind his decision. ofcourse, this is all going to blow up in the face of seok hwan and eun joo especially who seem to think they can just become ready made parents. ha! also scammer dad's role in this is bound to come out and he is going to get kicked out. he apparently was a sailor and we should watch him disappear to the seas...

So I watched today´s episode. I totally hate the scammer dad. He´s all for the money. Not thinking about his daughter or minho´s feelings. 

TW and SJ moving to his mother house.  No way she´s accepting SJ. Maybe she going torment SJ so decide to leave TW. 

I have to say I watch today´s without a voice. IT was so funny! there were subtitles. :joy:

EJ is such an idiot so busy forever competing against PJ she forgets her own transgressions.Her and dumber all smirking thinking they've won some great victory, they have no clue how trying being parent can be. No surprising neither have had great examples as parents.  The cheek of her saying to PJ she'll do a better job of raising Min Ho. She has another thing coming cause there's no way in hell Min Ho going treat her like a mum, he'll be polite as he was raised to have manners (mind he did test this to the hills when dealing with his mother). Her ego is going insist that he calls her mum, he'll inform her he already has one and her mask will slip. What she doesn't realise is I'm sure Min Ho has over heard about some of her wicked deeds towards his mum. They keep forgetting this isn't a toddler. Will be interesting to see how the clown reacts to any miss treatment of his grandson.

Why is scammer dad still there for the love of all that is mighty. The Banshee will loss her temper at some point and use the fact that he got paid off for Min to insult Seon Jeong. She'll be the one to out scammer dad because of the temper of hers. Dude already moving onto his next scam, looks like he's gonna try use Suk Joon's name to pull his next scam. He got money for convincing Min Ho plus the money they said they'll pay PJ for raising Min No so why he already need more? He needs to be tossed in chains back into the sea. 

7 hours ago, tas82 said:

They keep forgetting this isn't a toddler. Will be interesting to see how the clown reacts to any miss treatment of his grandson.

min ho is a tough kid who has grown up independently. they won't be able to stop him from going to see pil jeong or min ji. unlike seok hwan who grew up with a mom who did everything for him, min ho had to fight for things he wanted. so his tendency is always to push back. it is going to be fun to see eun joo and seok hwan mishandle the situation as they don't realize what a teenager requires...

7 hours ago, tas82 said:

The Banshee will loss her temper at some point and use the fact that he got paid off for Min to insult Seon Jeong. She'll be the one to out scammer dad because of the temper of hers

ooh, I hope that happens. can't wait for scammer dad to be kicked out of their house and lives...

I don't think I have watched a kdrama where there are so many unlikeable characters who deserve  the karma truck., EJ, SH, SJ step parents, EJ mum, HJ and just when I thought there could  be no more, the writer introduces OPJ awful father. These characters do not deserve to be made repentant by dramas end.,  Its frustrating we are three quarters  of the way through  and the writer is making the leads being manipulated like fools and suffering endlessly.  One thing that bothers me is OPJ and EJ relationship.  EJ is just awful to OPJ taking pleasure in hurting her. Yet  the writer makes OPJ always do things   to protect her when she does  not deserve it .  EJ has caused endless suffering, starting seven years ago from the framing of OPJ which effected her chance of employment..  I think  the  writer has done a poor job of giving OPJ tools to slowly give karma back to  EJ .

SJ has been made to kind.  The writer should give him more backbone.  What I don't like is SJ should be well aware now  that the problems that are arising are be caused by  manipulation of SH,EJ, and KJH.  We should see him starting  to understand their actions and take appropriate actions to negate them.  Fight fire with fire.

Like many I am finding that the payback is taking too long to start and is going to be rushed.  What 's keeping me watching is the karma that is going to happen, so I want it done  well, for the reward of watching the endless suffering of the leads.

In the end  I hope OPJ and SJ are living with the kids separately from both sides of the family.

Archived