[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Looks like that lady that used to like SJ has popped up, boring development really since we so late in the drama. Even when PJ was not in the picture he was not really interested.

@dramaninja I knew they were going pull a fast one and get SJs ex back in the picture.To be quite frank she does not hold a candle to PJ. Shes not attractive at all. I hope this stunt blows up in Vixen and Cruella face . Previews are sometimes deceiving .  I hope that SJ does not fall into their trap and break PJs heart. Looks like Cruella and joker will start searching for Minho soon. I believe Minho over heard PJ tell SJ  he's not her son.

10 hours ago, dolorisbrady said:

@dramaninja I knew they were going pull a fast one and get SJs ex back in the picture.To be quite frank she does not hold a candle to PJ. Shes not attractive at all. I hope this stunt blows up in Vixen and Cruella face . Previews are sometimes deceiving .  I hope that SJ does not fall into their trap and break PJs heart. Looks like Cruella and joker will start searching for Minho soon. I believe Minho over heard PJ tell SJ  he's not her son.

doubt it will be more than a few episodes as seok joon already knows what he wants. other than the loyalty and affection for chairman, he has no real ties to seok hwan or cruella. so it is not like he is going to dance to their tune. however, even with chairman, there is a distance. he will walk away if pushed. am more curious to see how min ho's birth secret now blows up -- cruella never knew secretary park was raising this child. so she in some sense killed the father of this child. it is going to get interesting!

People like EJ can never be happy. Forever plotting and scheming. Never taking time to enjoy what they plotted and schemed to get in the first place. Like bssshhh worry about you own problems. For someone trying to get pregnant why you adding more stress to your plate? SJ needs to just find a new job and leave them to it. He should be straight with the girl the moment she hug him harsh but needed. Don't let her unpack. Him being nice an polite let's them now bring her into the company and cause PJ unnecessary anxiety (sparing, exs feelings at the cost of PJ's).  Shut that sh... down early so it's  a none starter. Let her turn around and go right back throw them doors. But I guess we gotta fill them episodes some how.:pensive:

Urgh Min Ho  finding out like that is no good. He's going run away again not wanting to be a burden. In the mess of trying to him finding more people will find out she's not his birth mom. Which makes it easier when they start putting two and two together. 

I can understand PJ not saying much to this girl when they first meet because she does not know anything about her and this woman shows up in her face to try to show she is on the same level as SJ. But I would not go meet her again and if you see her and she runs her mouth she should put her in her place after she has had a conversation with SJ about this woman and the past. 

This girl shows up with her one sided like of SJ when she ran away 7 years ago. I guess she thought SJ would just keep standing there waiting. The problem is her father never told her about the engagement being broken and SJ only liking her as a sister. Now she is brought back and will be humiliated and angry when SJ puts his foot down and tells her he never liked her in that manner and only thought of her as a sister and that he broke that engagement months ago. Not to mention no one has told her that he is not the Chairman's son and he has a murder over his head. 

SH  and Cruella are setting this up to go badly because if I remember 7 years ago they did not want SJ to marry this girl as she came from a wealthy family. They framed him not only to ruin his image in front of the chairman, trash his dream to become a prosecutor but ruin this marriage as well so I can't see them letting SJ find a better match then SH.  EJ stepped in once again and will make sure to push out his parentage and when she finds out about the murder she will push that out too only to later find out that it was Cruella and SH who framed SJ. 

But I guess until then we will have to endure her walking around with the blessing of the Chairman as he tries to make PJ see she is not suited for SJ. Have EJ gloating and smirking over PJ having to endure this woman until SJ says enough is enough and walks away from them. 

The very sad part is how rude the chairman is to asks how PJ's husband died. I can't wait until he learns who that is and remembers how they tried to push money in her face back then. He will again do that because he thinks that is all she is about. He will be horrified and want to quickly tell SJ and break up that relationship. Using that as his means to finally get them apart. If he is telling SJ then EJ will gladly tell PJ. Ej is all about making PJ upset. 

One of the things I want to see the most is when he is kicked out or has a heart attack and Cruella , SH and EJ all step over him and take over not caring about him daring to tell him how much they hated how he favored SJ over the years once again and now they are in control. Its going to come and the two people who will care about his living and dying and try to help him will be SJ who he ran away with is controlling attitude and PJ who he thought did not fit SJ at all. It is only then will he wake up and remember what SJ's mom said to him or remember that promise. After all he said and did to PJ she still treated him with respect and as an elder of SJ. 

9 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

This girl shows up with her one sided like of SJ when she ran away 7 years ago. I guess she thought SJ would just keep standing there waiting. The problem is her father never told her about the engagement being broken and SJ only liking her as a sister. Now she is brought back and will be humiliated and angry when SJ puts his foot down and tells her he never liked her in that manner and only thought of her as a sister and that he broke that engagement months ago. Not to mention no one has told her that he is not the Chairman's son and he has a murder over his head. 

omo, this ex-fiance is annoying! the man is telling you point blank that he was never interested and she just says "never mind"? what????? and it is not even like she is in love with him either. if she did, she would have been in touch with him and actually tried to maintain the relationship. 100% she will break up once she knows his birth secret and about the murder charge. this is basically all about business. it is sad that even chairman is using seok joon like a pawn for his company. was that what he raised him for?

doctor needs to get over his one-sided crush and move on; pil jeong is never going to look at him in a romantic light.

@Lmangla You said exactly what I just came here to say. Another spoil princess who is no more valuable than a turd. The cheek of her saying how much she missed him yet he ain't even had so much as a phone or a kakao...you alive? Took me all of 2 seconds to type. Ppsssh away with you bout you love him. And now she know about PJ we can add I ain't loosing to some lowly broke single mother, to her reasons for wanting to marry. So it's blatantly a status marriage for her too. Despite what she said to EJ Cruella blatantly ain't going ever let such a marriage happen she just wants to cause SJ problems for now keep chairman and SJ occupied. It would be too beneficial for SJ in terms of his standing the company. This will all blow up on Cruella's and Vixen because when that girl finds out about SJ no being heir and of no blood relation she's gonna pack her bags or her dad will make her. She isn't gonna go quietly either she's gonna spill all the tea about who rang her, who fed her information, and goaded her. She's gonna drop them right in it.

Yup yup @Ldy Gmerm he's gonna regret so much when he finds out his son is the real criminal. He gonna be kneeling infront of PJ well, that's if Cruella don't top him off first.

Since Ms thang has shown up I have a feeling this maybe the start of the reappearance of the exes. Once Vixen gets frustrated with SH and trying to have a child , Her Ex will show up just in time for him to impregnate her , And for her to pass off the child as SHs. I guessing by that time they will have found Minho and she will use that to blackmail Cruella and SH. Remember PJs blind date? the business man I'm thinking he may have some business dealings involving Mr Salty and the company and run into PJ. Did she just call PJ broke? If she wants to get technical she's broke too . The only reason she's  rich  is because her parents have money . PJ needs to tell her straight up . Yeah I'm a single Mom and I have a Man who loves me and adores my kids. What do you have to bring to table ? 1 your onesided love 2 your parents cash 3 that dreadful wardrobe you got , Goodwill is calling for donations. I'm glad that each time SJ and PJ meet he tells her he loves her . She needs to hear that and trust and believe in him.

41 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Is the doc getting on anyone else nerve? He keep acting like some grand protector when he cant even protect her from his sister. 

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/mom-has-an-affair-e79.html

@dramaninja No your alone hes on my last nerve he needs to get with PJ freind pronto , And leave PJ and SJ alone. One sided girl thinks because PJ is nice she's a pushover . She's barking up the wrong tree . 

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Is the doc getting on anyone else nerve? He keep acting like some grand protector when he cant even protect her from his sister. 

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/mom-has-an-affair-e79.html

He is utterly useless and is channeling his former character life on "Go Oh Soo Jung! Get Carl". He allowed PJ to get railroaded by his sister and his niece. He can learn how to be kind, assertive, and how to stay in his own lane unless he is going to man up and do something.

Okay finally glasses have been repaired so I could finally catch up with the drama (minus todays episode since it is still RAW) and all of your comments as well. So a few interesting things are happening as well as me wanting to go back to my earlier verdict about Shark.

Let’s start off with that for starters.

Spoiler

Someone brought up the fact that they wanted to initially go with the first option in the poll that Cruella successfully killed him but after reading my thoughts on that matter changed their vote. In regards to that there is nothing wrong with the first option itself. This writer has clearly demonstrated that no character is safe from death itself especially when their primary arc is done regardless of any secondary arc that may follow. Kim Book Soon is a prime example of this. Her Primary arc consisted of wanting to get reunited with her son which she eventually achieved. Her secondary arc started when we discovered that she had a brother as well who she wanted to meet. Since it was introduced much later on and since there wasn’t much focus on it from her end I classified it as a secondary arc. Since she died before she could accomplish this act (technically she did do that as well but she was unaware of said fact) it shows the focus the writer wants.

Now if we look at Shark we can see that his primary motivation was to locate his missing sister and he achieved that even though it was late. Thus his death could be possible at this point. His secondary arc to ensure that Suk Joon becomes the next heir might not take place.

But regardless of that I still feel that the guy is still alive. Though I may have to change the part where he will end up with amnesia and return to work with Cruella and all. I brought that up when I hadn’t watched the episode and assumed that Cruella was ticked off at his betrayal that she decided to kill him. But this wasn’t the case she knows of his connection to Kim Book Soon so I would find it hard to believe that she would take him back. She could never trust him again after the stunt that he pulled on them and would assume that he was trying to trick them once again by faking his amnesia. So unless she gets some sort of guaranteed proof that he isn’t faking his condition it would be too risky for her to keep him around. Only then can I probably see her try and use him to get rid of Suk Joon because she is like that using people of the same family/bloodline to get rid of each other when they aren’t aware of their connections like that.

Another reason that he would still be alive is the fact that I brought up in my previous post. The past is important for the main leads since it has defined who they are in the present. Also while it was painful to them they have eventually learned to move on from it as well. This means unless something drastic happens they have no real reason to revisit it or even try and get to the bottom of the matter anytime soon. The only people that are actually aware of the truth of that night are extremely limited. They are Cruella, Joker and Shark. From the first two Cruella is the only one that knows the complete truth and that she was the one that had ordered Secretary Parks death. Joker knows that Shark was responsible but thinks that it was his own idea. Regardless of this neither of these two would want the truth to ever be revealed because it would not only impact them negatively but also lose out their chances of taking over the company if this was revealed. This means that Shark needs to be alive to reveal all of this and to clear Suk Joon’s name as well. This is also necessary for the main leads to finally end up together as well as them getting the closure that they need. Another thing to note is that since there were no witnesses that night the case is going to remain open. Shark fits this bill perfectly thus he needs to live.

@Lmangla just a bit unclear in your options for the poll. Both second and third ones seem a bit similar or interlinked. For instance, if he is alive then he is bound to show up in a couple of episodes. If he does show up he clearly has got to have an agenda which would be to help Suk Joon as he is the only one that can reveal everything that Cruella and Joker have been upto in the past as well as his own connection to him. Not that it matters. Regardless of the outcome of the votes I was satisfied with my choice.

Speaking of Shark and his dead body or lack of could also be another indicator of his fate. I have discovered that if there is no body then that always leaves a character’s fate open and if the writer wants to bring them back at some point. This is a perfect example of said scenario. Cruella clearly made a few mistakes over here. First of all, she didn’t bother to verify for herself that Shark was actually dead. Secondly she hired guys that were loyal to her to take care of the body situation (dispose of it) but again she wasn’t present to verify that they actually did any of that. Two mistakes that could prove fatal to her down the line.

Shark we know by now has shown to be quite resourceful. Not only that he himself has ties to people in such positions ie thugs and whatnot. So it wouldn’t be hard to believe that he knows exactly who has been working for Cruella. Also none of them would do anything for her without having some sort of backup plan incase she tries to get rid of them without gaining anything in return. Thus I wouldn’t find it hard to believe that Shark has already befriended those people and has them in his own pocket. Thus if they were to find Shark as the victim they could very easily cover up his so called death and lie to Cruella that the matter was taken care of while they secretly help him recover.

With the Ex Parade currently popping up do you know who I feel is missing at this point. Some would assume that it would be Pill Jung’s last blind date. But no for a kicker I would like Minho’s birth mom to show up for a few episodes. It would be amusing to see how Cruella and Joker try to get rid of her without getting caught and if they do let them stew for a couple of episodes as well.

This brings up the case of Joker suddenly discovering that he is infertile and how that can’t be the case since he gave birth to a son a few years back. To this I would say that it is equally possible that he was always infertile to begin with and thus Minho isn’t actually his son. The woman was just lying to him to get some money from him back them or thinking that she could marry into his family if she claimed that she was pregnant with his kid. Highly unlikely mind you since I am sure that Cruella would do probably have verified the baby’s DNA before she handed him over to Secretary Park.

Don’t think that Vixen had anything to do with the result. She probably would need to get extremely lucky over here. As we noticed Joker was in disbelief to the extent that he had multiple tests run from different hospitals for verification. He got the same result from all of them. Now even if she could have convinced her own doctor to go along with the façade how would she have handled the other doctors and hospitals. To some extent her doctor could have contacted other hospitals and told said doctors to go along with the lie and as a favour to a friend they might even do that. But that is no guarantee that this way would have been enough to cover every hospital. They could have easily missed one and Joker could have discovered the truth. So I would say that he is actually infertile for the time being. Unless something tells us otherwise. Granted the problem could be on her end due to her miscarriage so she went along with this ploy but like I said there are factors that she couldn’t consider or perhaps she hoped that her husband went along with the initial results etc

People seem to be a bit confused as to why Hyejin was brought in at this point and that Vixen and company made a mistake over here. Not really these second lead characters are pretty much an open book and their actions can be figured out at times. Granted in this scenario there could be a few outcomes that they want so the final goal is what is actually important over here. this goes in hand that Cruella doesn’t want Hyejin as a DiL because she comes from an influential family and thus can help Suk Joon from becoming the successor. Actually in this specific scenario this is slightly debatable.

Let’s get into this point in a bit. The initial aim of this plan is to get rid of Pill Jung as Suk Joon’s wife/future wife. To do this they have brought in the Ex. The best case scenario would be for Pill Jung to walk away on her own. But if that doesn’t work to cause mistrust between the main leads, Pill Jung getting hurt possibly due to misunderstandings or her feeling insignificant compared to Hyejin and thus breaking up with Suk Joon (all options can also be selected). Once this happens one of two things can happen. Suk Joon will be forced to get engaged to Hyejin. At this point his birth secret needs to be revealed in such a way that the villains aren’t caught in a breach of contract. This will result in the marriage breaking up. This means that they have ended up in a win-win situation either way. He can’t marry anyone that could have backed him up and he also can’t go back to Pill Jung because if she had any pride she wouldn’t want to get back with a guy that was ready to marry someone else sometime back. Regardless of who was responsible for the initial breakup.

The other scenario is that they control the situation. In this case they let Hyejin know that they are the ones actually in control of this marriage and if she doesn’t play ball with her they can easily end it. They then reveal Suk Joon’s birth secret to her and tell her that if she still loves him she can marry him but the moment she tries to help him in anyway or support him etc they can reveal this fact to her father which will result in him calling of the marriage (if it happens or the engagement if that is still going on). Now depending on the situation and how much she likes him she might be forced to go along with their plans.

Actually Suk Joon has the perfect means to end this situation. But he clearly isn’t smart enough to think about it. Clearly Hyejin staying over at his home isn’t ideal considering the fact that Pill Jung would feel hurt or misunderstanding could arise courtesy of Vixen and company. Now it isn’t like Hyejin can’t stay someplace else. She clearly has the means and the only reason that she isn’t doing so is because she wants to place pressure on Suk Joon and needs allies from that house to convince him to get back with her. Suk Joon can simply let his family know at this point that he is uncomfortable with this situation because Pill Jung could get hurt with this arrangement or misunderstand the situation. Thus one of them will have to leave the house at this point. If the Chairman wants to keep Hyejin there due to his friendship with her father and since he knows her for so long, then he (Suk Joon) will simply move back into his mother’s home till Hyejin remains. Would love to see her reaction to not only this statement but to the fact that Pill Jung also lives in that house as well.

I doubt that it would be enough of a motivator for her to give up at this point. If she wasn’t a secondary character she would fit second female lead character perfectly. A shame that she doesn’t realize that. The only way that I see her realizing that she isn’t welcome in that house is if she realizes that they are all playing her for their own advantage. Not only that she needs to figure out Vixen’s true agenda and all (including her personality). Right now she thinks that Vixen is actually on her side because she is probably using the women card and how she can sympathize with her about how it is to lose her man to another woman and all. Thus she has her back and all. Wait till Hyejin discovers that Vixen tried to chase after Suk Joon before she was shot down numerous times by him and then discovered his birth secret before moving on to her current husband. Also I want somebody to remember the fact that Suk Joon and Pill Jung went on the fake blind date. Her from Vixen’s side and him from Jokers. Hope that the writer hasn’t forgotten this fact and brings it up somewhere down the line. Talk about fate and all.

Now we are finally moving into Minho’s birth secret arc. If anyone finds out first from Vixen’s side it would probably be Yoo Kyung. She is close with Minho to the extent that he seems to share all the details of his home with her. She in turn lets her family know about it all. Thus Vixen will have a part of the knowledge before everyone else and be in a place to discover the truth first once she realizes what Cruella’s true agenda is to adopt a child.

This adopting a child is certainly going to run into complications depending on the scenario. I suspect that her initial plan is somewhere along the following lines. Get people to search as many orphanages as possible to locate the grandchild. If she finds him and he isn’t adopted. Get him adopted legally. On the other hand, if he has already been adopted find his adopted family and try and strike a deal with them. Money seems to be the best option and hope that they are convinced to give him up to them, perhaps help them out financially as a bonus, start up a business for them etc in return for their silence and getting custody of their grandson. Problem here is that I doubt that Secretary Park ever sent him to an orphanage. Thus there would be no record of the grandchild or him ever getting adopted. But this also leaves another problem in this scenario. This means that he couldn’t have legally adopted Minho or have him registered as his family. Perhaps after he married Pill Jung he could have the two of them added to his family registry. But if he isn’t there I can see they try and forcefully drag Minho away from Pill Jung and his family. Otherwise they can try and bribe her with money or some other deal so that she would hand him over and keep silent. Not going to happen. If they do take him away it will only be for a short while and come to think about it, they will get a taste of Karma as well. Cruella has always been big about bloodlines and when she wants to take perverse pleasure in hurting others she hasn’t been shy of using family members against each other for her own advantage. She has clearly been getting pleasure from playing them and hurting them on an emotional level. Now she is going to be on the receiving end when Minho won’t acknowledge them as his family and wants to return to his own. He won’t care about all the money and wealth they have to offer because there won’t be any of the warmth and love that he received back home.

Would love to see Vixens reaction once she not only discovers the truth but also the fact that she has to raise somebody else’s child as well. She will have to walk in her Cruella’s footsteps but unlike Cruella who only assumed that her husband cheated on her all those years and raised Suk Joon like that her (Vixen) husband actually had a kid with someone else. She isn’t the nicest person on a good day and this will be her on a daily basis. If she tries and mistreats him she will get it from Cruella even if Joker isn’t all that bothered.

So far one of the lines that I found amusing in this show was when Pill Jung tells Suk Joon that the Chairman seems to have some sort of misunderstanding regarding her. I am like gee I wonder why that could be. Sure it was her blind date showing up but apart from that who in that house could cause any kind of misunderstandings between the Chairman and her.

Oh and while we are on the topic of that blind date and the Chairman feeling disappointed in her choice. Still blaming Kim Book Soon for that fine mess. This also brings up a point that someone brought up about how Vixen is bribing all these people and where would she be getting the money for that. Doctors to arrange the fake results, getting the blind date to go along with her plan. I would say that in the case of the latter she wouldn’t need to bribe him with money. He was interested in meeting with the chairman which she assured him that she could arrange. After that she could have asked him to play along with what she wanted in return (so the bribe at best would be arranging a meeting with the chairman. The results would depend on himself or she could have given him a few pointers to make it successful) or she could have simply hoped that things happened normally once he bumped into Pill Jung with the Chairman with no needed help from her. After all the guy was more than willing to admit that he had a blind date with Pill Jung. So in this case she might not even have needed to instruct him in saying anything else. He did it all on his own.

I know that I seem to have missed something for the time being. But can’t seem to recall what it was. So will be ending my post over here for the time being. till then take care all of you and keep posting.

in some ways, have to appreciate soon jeong and tae woo's attitude -- which is basically to steam roll their way to their own road regardless of eun ha's objections. a bit reckless but better than watching seok joon and pil jeong who are stuck in this limbo where they want to please the family. might as well accept that no one including chairman is going to accept this pairing and just move ahead. am getting annoyed with chairman and hye jin who are not even hearing what seok joon is saying and acting like it doesn't matter what seok joon feels. is he a doll that hye jin is just going to plant in her house? seok joon needs to move out of that house!

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

in some ways, have to appreciate soon jeong and tae woo's attitude -- which is basically to steam roll their way to their own road regardless of eun ha's objections. a bit reckless but better than watching seok joon and pil jeong who are stuck in this limbo where they want to please the family. might as well accept that no one including chairman is going to accept this pairing and just move ahead. am getting annoyed with chairman and hye jin who are not even hearing what seok joon is saying and acting like it doesn't matter what seok joon feels. is he a doll that hye jin is just going to plant in her house? seok joon needs to move out of that house!

Yup yup yup! All of this.

Came here to say Seok Jun needs to take lessons from Tae Woo. You made up you mind then roll with it. This umming and errring is ridiculous. As I watching all could think was the way that thing is acting he best mind she don't try trapping him, then I saw the preview <_<. He playing with fire. If they won't let her move out then fine she can stay by let them know you'll moving back into your mother's house. He's being way too lackadaisical about all this. Whether or not she says she's ok this is obviously cause some distress to Pil Jeong. He's acting like he can't find another job. It's one thing to be respectful and grateful to that man but he clearly puts his status and his company above your best interest, and let's not forget the years of mistreatment he allowed from Cruella. Surely there comes a time to just cut your loses, respect goes both ways. What exactly is important to him? 

Did they really  need to bring in a bull headed ex. There's enough unlikable people already. Instead of making it interesting it's just tiresome and gives more work to the fast forward button. And what the heck is going on with her make up?

Oh and yes I agree the Doctor needs to do one.. He's getting on my last never now. I thought they were keeping him to help out Vixen's secret but right now all he is is another annoyance. 

there are times when I don't like the doctor but there are times like this episode where I want to cheer him on for being meddling. there is a saying in my language that basically says "meddling will eventually turn out good". it means that regardless of whether the intent of the person meddling is good or bad, you have to look at the end result and if the end is good, then you see it as a fortunate event that the person poked their nose in -- thats how I see the doctor.

seok joon really needs a whack on his head. he needs to know that pil jeong is a catch, he can't ignore that and keep her on standby for ever because there are other men who would be willing to pursue her. seok joon also needs someone to give him the riot act for not cutting hye jin out of his life -- the doctor is right in that pil jeong is going through a lot even if she may not be voicing it. seok joon expecting her to keep trusting him and just be accommodating is plain nonsense. he needs to be protecting her, not the other way around. so for that reason, giving a big clap for the doctor -- yea, he is going to get rejected but since pil jeong has no elder like kim bok soon to speak for her, then it is good the doctor does his bit.

the preview looks interesting -- seok hwan finds out that secretary park raised his son... and eun joo is hiring someone to keep tabs on seok hwan. she is going to be so shocked when she finds out the truth! 

Archived