[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

The main problem here is there is no one to really verify the facts from what happen back then. His bio mom has run off and the man who is suppose to be his father is not filling him in on the truth and that he is not his bio dad. To top it off you have EJ, SH and Cruella filling him with the lies they think they know so there is no way he will accept her even though she has told him the story about her son.

In my opinion it will be PJ who helps him see that what he knows may not be the truth. PJ will not allow him to hate that woman for long and will set him straight on a few points of what he thinks he knows and what he has heard. I do agree that SJ can be very judgmental at first and will have to have his eyes and ears opened to be able to want to seek the truth and understand it. 

The Chairman may not have wanted to loose him as a son but he did a disservice to him by lying to him. His bio mom has stayed in that house for years , hoping her son would find her there. He has belittle that relationship and ruined SJ's image of his mother. He maybe trying to help but he has made a mess of things. With his family around no one would allow SJ to process anything or let anything go. He should have sat down and told SJ the full truth of why he ended up with him and that it was not the product of an affair. SJ would never throw him away and will be grateful to the Chairman because he is the only father he knows. 

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WoW the reveals are coming really fast in this show aren’t they. Kind of reminds me of the Show My Sweet Enemy. Over there the birth secret was revealed just as fast once it started. Now the only person out of the loop seems to be Shark and given what we saw of him in the last episode he was starting to suspect that Kim Book Soon may be the same person that he was searching for. Given the track record of the reveals so far I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up finding out the truth as well before the week is done.

Now let’s move on to other things in the drama.

Spoiler

It turns out that the revelation of Suk Joon’s birth secret backfired on them since he is now more determined as ever to not only prove himself but move on as well. Perhaps things could have been different if the Chairman had been honest and told him that he wasn’t his biological father. Actually it might have been the best for all of them.

To be honest I don’t exactly get why the Chairman isn’t being honest now. My suspicion is that his reasoning is probably twofold. Firstly, he has raised Suk Joon for all those years so he actually considers him his son and is afraid that he will leave his house the moment he realizes the truth. Secondly he still requires someone to take over the company after he leaves and as we all know that Joker isn’t a competent person that leaves Suk Joon for the spot. Again if Suk Joon knows the truth then he will be hesitant to take over the company as he may think that he doesn’t deserve to take that spot since they aren’t blood related.

While all of this makes sense I get the feeling that the Chairman should be more honest about this matter and resolve it before things spiral more out of control and his fears actually start to come true. Right now Suk Joon kind of resents him for cheating on Cruella and feels a bit of guilt. He was also so out of it that he couldn’t show up for work for a few days. Had he known the truth he would have probably dealt with things differently and if his father could further convince him that nothing changes he might be happier. The only good thing out of this entire revelation was the fact that he finally realized just why his family was treating him so coldly and now it doesn’t totally phase him at all. He plans on doing just what he wants. Unfortunately, this means turning his back on the people that are actually important. But thanks to Pill Jung and a few more events that is going to change as well.

Did anyone notice the comment that the female team member made in the last episode. She brought up the fact that on the company net somebody had posted about the fact that Suk Joon was the illegitimate child of the Chairman. But this comment was quickly taken down. I do wonder who could have posted it. The most likely suspect would be Vixen as she tends to take matters into her own hands at times and she may have thought that this could have been a good way to spread rumors and thus get Suk Joon out of the running. Plus, it further helped that he wasn’t showing up for work for a few days as well.

Wait till Karma gets back to all these people. They are not only messing with the wrong people but also don’t have any shame or regrets about doing it as well. Due to this they are slowly losing people that should be their allies. What is worse for them those people are then heading over to the other party’s camp.

Take Eun Ha for instance she wants to finally get rid of the track and field team but is realizing that with them winning an award it is not going to be easy especially considering the fact that her own niece is a part of said team. Now if she still goes ahead and does as she planned then she further risks alienating her relationship with her brother who is supporting the team because of his daughter. Her son is starting to develop feelings for his business partner. So her getting rid of her is not only going to backfire big time but at the end of the day she is going to probably become family with her family rivals.

Not sure if I fully agree with Suk Joon’s methods of handling the situation once he discovered the truth. He promised Pill Jung that he would try and help her locate Kim Book Soon and check if she was okay since he knew that she was worried. Then once he discovers the truth he pretends to know nothing because he is hurting and all. But he fails to consider what Pill Jung must also be going through. She just lost another family member. So even if he doesn’t search for Kim Book Soon due to guilt and whatnot he shouldn’t prevent Pill Jung from doing the same. At best he should have given her a heads up that he couldn’t find Kim Book Soon or been partially truthful in this matter. For instance, he could have told her that while he tracked down the son he did discover that she wasn’t living with him. Atleast this wouldn’t make some people think that she had abandoned them. They would have tried to find her on their own.

Hopefully this matter is going to become a moot point by the next episode. We see in the preview that Kim Book Soon is going to end up fainting. Probably due to stress on her heart and all. This means that she is going to get rushed to the hospital who will try and locate her family. Since they will have no idea who she is they might check her phone for her most recent call/message which will result in them contacting Pill Sung or Suk Joon who will rush to the hospital and reunite with her.

As for Shark I do wonder how his search for his sister will fare. Right now the only person that seems to know who Kim Book Soon is was the Bar Owner that revealed her information to Suk Joon. Frankly she made a great deal by getting money out of both brothers. But the thing is that Joker did pay her to remain silent and just give the information to Suk Joon. Does this mean that Shark is going to face a dead end in his search for her or will he find another way? Also will he be able to face his sister once he confirms not only her identity but also the fact that Suk Joon was her son. Also which one of these facts will he discover first.

As for Vixen doesn’t she care that she is making an enemy of the Chairman. How dumb can she get? As I pointed out everyone in that house was gloating at the fact that Suk Joon was in pain due to discovering his Birth Secret and all. To this point they were celebrating over a meal of steak and wine. (come to think of that it made me hungry and felt like having some for myself. Never had any good steak). I can’t exactly recall her reasoning to the Chairman who was equally distressed at that point. Problem here is that while she has succeeded in making both her MiL and husband happy with her acts the same can’t be said for the Chairman who is the real power in that house. He not only decides whether or not they get a single cent but also who succeeds in inheriting the company later on. This means that if she displeases him now how is she going to convince him that the company should be handed down to Joker later on. Are they relying on the fact that if he is caught in a scandal or rather is past affair is revealed then he will be forced to cut out Suk Joon especially as the board won’t accept him?

The other thing that I am enjoying about this show is how the leads aren’t totally in despair moaning how unfair life is but ready to face on their troubles no matter what. In the last episode it was Suk Joon but a few episodes’ prior we see Pill Jung in a similar situation as well. Her spot as a teacher in the school isn’t guaranteed. We all know the real reason why her chances are even slimmer and we also know that her dream is to teach. We then had Vixen show up at the school to gloat about all this and she even volunteers to help Pill Jung renew her contract. Pill Jung simply refuses and tells her that she needs no help from her.

Again we know for a fact that Vixen wasn’t doing any of that out of the goodness of her heart or that she even felt sorry for Pill Jung. After all she was the one responsible for her not getting the job or any job if she could help it. Like her usual self it was to not only gloat but also watch Pill Jung suffer. She was also hoping that it would have been enough for Pill Jung to beg and plead with her to let her keep the job. She wanted to be in a position of power for once and for Pill Jung to acknowledge this fact. But much to her dismay Pill Jung still wasn’t broken enough. If Pill Jung had indeed begged her for the job she probably would have taken pleasure in pretending to consider the offer but in reality denying her the spot at the last minute. She may have had a change of mind if Pill Jung attempted to perhaps beg her proving her superiority over her once and for all. Fortunately Pill Jung is made of sterner stuff. Clearly another reason why Vixen tends to despise her so much.

Speaking of this fact. We find out that Vixen and company are moving forward in their plans to get rid of Suk Joon. Nothing new in regards to that. They were also planning on using his current situation to their advantage in the hopes that since he wasn’t thinking straight his focus would be elsewhere and that he would either leave on his own accord or they use his lack of focus to their advantage in other ways. Unfortunately for them he is back as well and their feelings mean nothing to him.

But regardless of all this there are still other problems the main leads need to overcome. One of the biggest issues that they still face is about the home that Pill Jung and family live in Suk Joon left to get a settlement from her family and he has failed so far to achieve that. The board members are starting to get uncomfortable due to this delay and the losses that they are suffering. They expect results and that too soon. Chairman has barely managed to hold them back. This means that they need to implement Suk Joon’s plan soon to downscale the expansion project area and whatnot. Even this is sure to be faced with objections and whatnot. Also we can be sure some sort of sabotage will take place to make him look bad or incompetent that he is resorting to such tactics. People won’t realize that he is actually making sense. Then we have his promise of protecting said house. Which again is going to be placed into some kind of risky position due to the loan taken out.

I get the feeling that Cruella and company in the end are going to be forced to accept his plans but then they will only pretend to agree with it until they find a way out of it. This will be by the fact of them discovering about the loan and using it to their advantage. This again serves two main purposes for them. Firstly, if they succeed then this means that Pill Jung and her family will be forced to sell the house and move. If this happens they get rid of one their major obstacles. Not only that but if they just reveal the fact that they have succeeded in getting a deal where Suk Joon has failed. This will make Joker actually look good and competent and his chances to get the Chairman spot increases. Secondly as I pointed out this will not only get rid of Suk Joon but also as bonus points he will have no real place to go to. Once he discovers what they did to that family and house he will feel to guilty to face them and he will want to leave his own house. But due to the misunderstanding he wouldn’t want to go to Pill Jung and her family as well. Naturally people like her sister who don’t have the whole story may think that he was tricking them all along and be furious at him. Fortunately, he has two people in that house who not only know the truth but will also be on his side. So there is something positive about the whole matter.

My question though then becomes what will the actual fate of that house become in the end. Will the family be able to protect it by the end of the show or will they be forced to lose it? though if it is the later probably things will happen as Suk Joon predicted. They may have gotten the house now as they planned but they will end up in a financial fix which needs to be resolved. I guess this could then be the arc of how Suk Joon returns to the company and resolves and impresses everyone at the company much to the ire of Vixen and company.

Which story arc do you people think will be next. Shark/Suk Joon’s involvement in Pill Jung’s husband’s death, Minho’s birth secret or one of the other dangling threads that are left. Also since the writer is revealing plots so quickly how will they manage the remaining episode counts and all.

Now moving on to question and answer session if possible.

@triplem thanks for the info and reply. I agree this move came as a surprise to me as well. like I mentioned earlier I think it all started after this forum tried to update itself. Even recently at times I was getting the same message. Though a quick refresh would solve the problem or I couldn’t read the page for some reason. That takes longer to resolve. Oh and I just noted that we don’t get any more Soompi points or even donate them. oh dear whatever are we going to do now.

@tas82 I get the feeling that she always resented and suspected her husband which made that marriage unbearable for all of them. She commented to Joker quite some time back that her father made two mistakes. The first one was that she was made to marry his father and the second one was that her father made the Chairman inherit the company instead of her. This is clearly a sore point as she feels cheated and betrayed by her own father. She now wants to get everything back to where it belongs namely herself. On top of all this she has accused her husband on attempting to cheat on her in the past and while Joker has commented that she was successful in warding off most of these women she failed one-time aka Kim Book Soon which resulted in Suk Joon. She never listens to others or believes what they tell her and twists everything to her own needs to justify her actions.

Frankly some people have speculated that perhaps Joker isn’t the Chairmans son and she is pulling a fast one over him. I think to some extent that may actually turn out to be true. If you think about it Joker doesn’t have any of the positive traits of his parents. He isn’t smart like them. Whatever you have to say about his mother and how ruthless she can be she is still smart or devious. He lacks that. He does have her ambition but nothing else. This though can be explained to some extent as to how she raised him. There are other things as well but not necessary to go into detail at the moment. So it is equally possible that he isn’t the Chairman’s biological son. Also did anyone else notice that he is the only supposed child between them. He and Suk Joon don’t have much of an age difference so it means that only a few years had passed before things went sore between the two that they live the way they do. Though a better question would be at this point is she actually pulling a smart one on him.

There are a few things that we have discovered while watching all these episodes. The Chairman and Kim Book Soon were each other’s first love but due to circumstances they couldn’t be with each other and married someone else. The Chairman was also quite good at his job that Cruella’s father not only chose him as his successor but also asked him to marry his daughter. Many assume that he ended up doing that due to his ambition which could be assumed by the fact when Suk Joon asked his father whether or not he even loved his mother. To which the Chairman couldn’t give a clear answer.

Now I have started to think that perhaps the marriage took place not out of ambition but more along gratitude or something else. It is possible that before his marriage Cruella was in some sort of relationship that her father didn’t approve of. That guy may have been trying to take advantage of her and was the actual ambitious guy. Her father needs to get rid of him but realizes that his daughter is also pregnant. He needs to keep all of this quiet to save his own reputation and all. But at the same time he can’t hand her over to someone that he can’ trust or will take advantage of her and then leave her. So he resorts to hiring a person that he actually trusts. Aka the Chairman. He asks him to marry his daughter as a personal favour and protect her. Not sure if he reveals the fact that she is pregnant as well. Since the Chairman owes her father a lot he agrees to these terms. Thus it is equally possible that the Chairman already knows that Joker isn’t actually his son but that doesn’t matter to him.

If we notice the fact that there is clearly no love lost between the two. To the extent that they even use different beds. Also he knows just what kind of personality she has. Yet even after all that he has never tried to even divorce her. To some extent he has a lot of power since he can threaten them to get their act straight otherwise they won’t get a dime of inheritance. But other than that he is still with them. Not only that but during this time and all he has still remained faithful to his wife. Not much to say since she has done the same. Though she doesn’t gain much from that since she doesn’t think that she is wrong in the first place. One of her major issues. She may have also not cheated on him in the fear of getting kicked out with nothing and she has proven to be smart atleast on that end. Regardless the only way she is ever going to divorce him is when she gets all of the company and finances in her name or under her control.

Again why doesn’t the Chairman simply divorce her. The answer to that would probably be because he can’t due to his promise with her father to look out for her and take care of her. I feel that only such kind of major revelations will end up making her realize the monster that she actually was and help her when her redemption arc shows up. Though we do need to wonder how her relationship with the chairman result in. After so many years will she actually make an attempt to mend the relationship with him and become not only a better person but also a better wife as well. or will she feel that he has done his duty and finally release him of all obligations and let him reunite with Kim Book Soon. Does he even want to return to her or does he feel that too much time has gone to simply ignore it.

@Ldy Gmerm Well said.

@tulip06 LoL you really don’t seem to like those two characters. I think that he never bothered to adopt Suk Joon directly was perhaps the fact that he may not have intended to raise him like that. He may have simply thought that he would only look after him while his mother recovered and then send him back. Also thought that the lie was the only way to keep him around. Instead things get out of control when he realizes that Suk Joon can’t return home because his mother is dead. At that point he thinks that he should keep up the lie for everyone’s sake. As someone pointed out he may have been afraid that his wife would either confront Kim Book Soon when she needed to recover or that she would simply abandon Suk Joon if she knew the truth. Also he may have gotten equally fond of Suk Joon as well. In regards to him ignoring his own son. Well I guess the problem here was that he was supposed to focus on the son of his first love or his current wife. Might have felt that the former was either easier or he may have the same thoughts as his wife. His wife clearly resents him because he is more on Suk Joon’s side and almost never takes Jokers side or consideration. But she does the exact same thing. So knowing her personality he expected that thus he knew that while she would dote on her own son she wouldn’t do the same for Suk Joon who would feel lonely at that house. Thus he would make up for it. As we can all see his plans didn’t offer the results that he wanted and needed. Thus he is partially at fault for all of it.

@tulip06 While you make valid points in regards to the Chairman and his actions it does become a bit difficult to know when he was honest and when he actually lied. But I think it also is an issue of whether the other person is willing to listen to the truth in the first place. For instance, when Suk Joon confronted him about the truth he also asked whether or not he was his father or not. To which the chairman answered in the positive. He did try and explain the situation but Suk Joon was so out of it that he wasn’t willing to listen to any of that or the excuses that his father would come up with. Perhaps the Chairman was going to point out that while they don’t share a drop of blood he is still his father because he considers him as his son. A perfect example of this could be seen in the interactions between Minho and Pill Jung. She considers him as her son even though he doesn’t share a drop of blood with her. Again something that is going to be noticed by both the Chairman and Suk Joon later on and perhaps the key to mending their relationships with each other. Also it is equally possible that the Chairman was honest with Cruella but she chose not to believe him which is in line with her character at this point. His claim about others looking down at orphans and all makes sense thus his lie may have been to fool the world rather than his wife.

I do agree with a lot of you that the Chairman should have been more honest with atleast Suk Joon later on. When he was young it could be justified that he didn’t want him confused or something to that extent. But as an adult things would be different and he would be more understanding. Again I suspect that he didn’t do that because he had become attached to him and was afraid of losing him.

@foreverempress To be exact she never gave of her grandchild to her driver to raise. It was actually worse. First of all, he was her secretary (totally unnecessary point) and second of all she told him to ditch the poor kid at some random orphanage. The Secretary on the other hand saw $$$ at this opportunity and realized that he could possibly blackmail them for it. To this end he decided to raise the kid on his own. Then much later on he was further planning on sending the kid back and be thanked for his services in cash etc.. Things didn’t go as planned when he blackmailed them to early which resulted in him being disposed of. Also if Cruella was aware that the child was with him he she would have taken him away ages ago from Pill Jung and gotten rid of him. Also I doubt that she had to really force her son to give up his child. She would simply tell him that he had to do it or lose everything. Since he is greedy just like her he wouldn’t need much more convincing than that.

The reason that she had Suk Joon framed was because she considered what she was gaining and losing in all of this. She felt that it would be preferable to lose the information about her grandson and gain from Suk Joons frame. Since he would serve time if she got lucky and thus even if he got released he would have no chance at running the company in the future. If her grandson resurfaced in the future she would deal with it. But her main priority had changed into getting rid of Suk Joon.

@UnniSarah I think that when it comes to Suk Joon he himself doesn’t know what he wants and at this point it is totally understandable. As pointed out earlier by some the only reason that he was taking the civil/prosecutor exam was because his mother wanted her son to become one. When Joker failed to achieve that goal he thought that he could do the same and she would be happy and also start to accept him. Thus at that point his goal was to please his mother and gain her acceptance. Once the harsh truth was revealed to him and he was framed for a crime that he never committed. He thought about leaving town and clear his head. But even then he felt that he could perhaps take over the company since he was the Chairman’s blood and also because that is what his father had asked. Again he is doing this because of a misconception of sorts. But is this really what he wants. Perhaps he wanted to be a writer at some point or a doctor but due to the dreams of others and thinking that he was someone that he wasn’t changed his dreams and goals. Once he actually sets his mind on something he will become a different person. For starters he wants to become a part of Pill Jung’s family and he was doing just fine till the birth secret was revealed to him. Now he is unsure once again.

As for how the chairman became the Chairman is because the former Chairman gave him that position. Perhaps as a compromise for marrying his daughter or something else. Clearly there is more to the story of the parents. But to me it isn’t all that important yet. We need to clear up other issues before we get into any of that.

@tulip06 No you can’t leave us. You are going to be missed. But I do agree that it really isn’t all that hard to follow especially since we have reached the midpoint of this drama.

@foreverempress I think that you are spot on with your assessment on the relationships of the brothers. It certainly didn’t help that Joker was aware of the birth secret. The other issue was clearly of how the Chairman favoured Suk Joon more. While some of his sayings may have been used as motivating tactics they clearly backfired. I have witnessed parents praising certain kids in the hopes that the other children learn from that and try and further get motivated and thus try and improve themselves. Problem here was that Joker either wasn’t sufficiently motivated or just didn’t have the capacity. As this treatment continued it grew into resentment. Chairman probably should have changed his tactics but he failed to notice this and this resulted in further animosity between the brothers. In short both parents were at fault and none of this helped when each parent further favoured only one child.

@Lmangla Oh you can be sure that Secretary Park wasn’t the only casualty of her rampage. Don’t know if she has any more dead bodies stashed away somewhere for a rainy day but she has handled so called messy situations before. According to Joker there were many women that pursued his father in the past (due to his wealth and postion). His mother swiftly dealt with all of them before they ever became a problem she only failed one time. Now we know for a fact the real reasons for both of them. But one can be equally sure that her treatment of those woman could get ugly if needed. I wouldn’t be surprised if their careers got ruined or were sent abroad etc We have also seen how she has been interacting with Kim Book Soon to accomplish her goals not caring who got hurt along the way. Then on top of all that she had the gall to say that while she was sincere it was Kim Book Soon that approached her with sinister intent and wanting to mock her and whatnot. Her aim has always been to cause others maximum pain and suffering simply because she thinks that she is the victim in all of this regardless of the truth.

@UnniSarah To be honest Suk Joon’s parents weren’t a couple for a really long time. As I keep saying she only believes what she wants to which has been a major issue. I think it further doesn’t help that a few of these misunderstanding happen due to the actions of others. For instance, she suspected at one point that her husband was keeping in touch with Kim Book Soon behind her back when he assumed that she was dead. Even when he told her that she wasn’t ready to believe that and confronted him with evidence that he apparently had no knowledge about.

I do agree that the Chairman should have been more honest with Suk Joon when he was confronted and started with that instead of lying to him and admitting that he was his father. This is going to be just as bad once Suk Joon discovers the truth later on and have the opposite effect of what he intended. The truth on the other hand would have perhaps made him hesitate and stick with the chairman.

As for Suk Joon I don’t think that he thinks that Kim Book Soon ever abandoned him. From all his interactions with her he must have realized the truth in regards to that. What I feel is that he feels guilt in his present situation at both parties. For Kim Book Soon it is along the lines of failing to recognize her for his birth mother and also for his initial intent of going to that house and get a settlement for it. In regards to Cruella it is because he suddenly realizes the pain that she must have gone through in trying to raise somebody elses child and the reason for her resentment. He also happens to be torn between both identities and can’t come to a resolve between them. until that happens he can’t attain peace and move on.

@Lmangla Good points I didn’t even consider it from that angle. Yes, I have to agree with you that the Chairman did a great disservice to Kim Book Soon by not clearing up the truth when he could have. Suk Joon isn’t Cruella and he would have been more understanding. I am starting to agree with some of you here that he is actually quite selfish in certain regards.

@tas82 It is possible that he tried to educate his son but the problem in all of this is Cruella. Good parenting is when both parents are on the same page. They may agree to certain rules and boundaries when it comes to the education of their children. Problem here was that Joker was clearly shielded by his mother even when he was wrong. Thus Joker never really had a chance to grow and thus why he isn’t all that bright. Other people can clearly take advantage of him and he never even realizes it. The other issue is that the Chairman was more focused on running the company than raising both kids properly which could be another issue over here.

As for the Kim Book Soon incident from what I have been gathering is that he was clearly deceived. He was led to believe that she had died but he never verified the fact until recently. He took that at face value. This lie was probably perpetrated by someone in Cruella’s family. Most likely her father. Since the information he got was from a trusted source he decided to let it go. Perhaps they told him that the funeral arrangements had already been taken care of etc.. He also might have been too busy to verify said facts at the time.

Okay got to go now. This post has gotten longer than I expected. Till next time while I try and check out the latest episode. Take care and keep posting.

Yeah I think SJ was further hurt by her leaving again.Also the doctor really need to mind his on business he getting annoying  now.

His mom must certainty not helping her case by  leaving after she found out who he was and not contacting him.

Same with his dad what does he expect him to act like when you dont tell the whole truth? Its a giant mess.  

59 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Yeah I think SJ was further hurt by her leaving again.Also the doctor really need to mind his on business he getting annoying  now.

His mom must certainty not helping her case by  leaving after she found out who he was and not contacting him.

Same with his dad what does he expect him to act like when you dont tell the whole truth? Its a giant mess.  

His heart is shattered in to pieces.  He feels like hes been abandoned twice. His mom certainly didn't help by fleeing and the Chairman didnt help by not telling him the truth. This was a bomb waiting to explode.

Someone told me there are no perfect people in the world . Even as Adults we make mistakes . I feel for SJ he's really going through it right now. He feels he has nothing and no one to turn to. Does anyone notice that old guy in the hospital is still around ? I'm curious to know who is he? PJs sister mentioned something about their dad having an affair , And leaving them when they were little. Maybe there is connection between them?.

Sorry I forgot to also ask about the picture album PJ gave SJ . I'm hoping maybe there is a picture of his real dad in there , Him and his mom do look a like , But sometimes when you look at  the male The son is the splitting image of his Father.

Just looked at the current episode raw. SJ now knows the truth that the chairman is not his dad, And his mom didn't have  a affair with him.  He walked in on SH and his Mom having screaming match . The chairman blurted out that Him and SJ weren't father and son. SJ overheard them walked into his room and confronted his dad he was devastated,  And Cruella and SH were in shock. The Chairman finally told SJ the truth about his mom he was again angry and hurt. 

SJ went back to the office and cried his heart out.  Then the next the morning the chairman visited PJ to tell her about SJ. PJ went to the hospitial and SJ was there at his moms bedside. 

The preview looks good I cant wait . EJs ex is back and her jig will be up . PJ is comforting SJ they are

Spoiler

becoming close again. SJ moved out of the chairman house. Mr Ha is at the hospital with SJs mom . Damn that man gets around lol. there's no way by the end of next he doesn't know that SJs mom is his sister.

After watching episode 65 with my eldest daughter translating, I completely understand why the chairman hid it.  Though I do not agree with

Chairman's actions, I believe he is an honorable guy. He has my sympathy to be married to a woman like that. She is greedy and she knows her son is not competent. Instead of sympathizing with her fake son, her ego was devastated that he would choose a son that's not biologically his over his idiotic blood son. The way she's acting, it's almost like she brought sins in before the marriage and is projecting. I hope the writer does makes the oldest son somebody else's. Other than her being the murderer, it's time for her past skeletons to come out the closet. Hopefully the writers will flesh out  their marriage and backstory. Whatever hope I held out for her is gone especially because of the preview for episode 66;

She truly is a Jezebel! :tenor:

She has the right to be hurt, but that's about it. I have to give the writers some credit because this drama has become one of my Favs.  It looks like they'll be some checks and balances next week and it's about time!

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Oh man that preview glad PJ is there for SJ, but what I am looking forward to is the fact that EJ ex pop back up the one she had affair with lololo

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/mom-has-an-affair-e65.html

Oh please Korean soap gods make this one stick where she can't wiggle out of it!

I am glad to see EJ's lover is back. I have been waiting on him to show up. The min she lied to SH about past boyfriends is when the clock started ticking on her getting caught in her lies. SH gave her a hint that a boyfriend could come out of the wood work, but she did not tell him the truth. I think had she came clean he would not have minded that the man was married as he has played around with a married woman as well ,but as it stands now her past with this man will be outed in the worst way. EJ had every opportunity to spin it like she was unaware he was married when they started dating and broke it off when she found out , but she pretended like SH was her first and only.. Lies always have away of being blown up later, especially for someone like EJ. 

At first we will see her make excuses about the flowers , calls , notes or anything else this man tries to do to contact her. SH will buy it for a moment, because he does not want to face he made the wrong decision in marrying EJ. But what I hope for is a knock down, dragged out , hair pulling fight with the man's wife as she confronts EJ in the lobby of the company exposing the past in that fight for all the employees and SH to see and hear. Only then will SH start checking back to verify as EJ will try to lie her way out of it saying the woman is crazy and a jealous shrew. At that time he will find out what really happened back then and even some will speculate that she was pregnant possibly and framed PJ and nothing that EJ has told him about PJ is true. He will only care as it has made him look like a fool. 

They will want to get rid of Vixen,  but she is there to stay until all their dirt is exposed and they are headed to jail.. No matter how much they want her gone she will be holding the cards at least until things blow up and she tries to distance herself, but ends up caught in the middle. Her own dirty dealings will come back to bite her and her mother as they loose everything. 

Thank goodness SJ did not take long to learn the truth about his family. The chairman should have done this at first instead of trying to protect SJ, hold on to SJ and block his family. I can't give Cruella any sympathy because we all know what she would have done to little SJ back then. What she should not have done is taken out her anger on a child. She also should not have let her son know of adult matters. But that was then and we know now with all her scheming she will eventually get what is coming to her in some form or another. 

13 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Exactly that is why he was upset. He felt why would she leave if she finally found him. 

58 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Exactly that is why he was upset. He felt why would she leave if she finally found him. 

The main thing is the chairman should have explained how his mother thought. Its also not like SJ did not know. He has on a few occasion while living in that house asked why she does not look for her son. The woman has explained how she feels she has no right to interfere in his life since she did not raise him. Also The woman is the type to leave if she thinks it will ease any trouble. 

His mother already felt bad for the Chairman's wife when Cruella did not deserve any of her guilty feelings as she never treated SJ as her own or well. Her guilty feelings for what happened when SJ was younger are the main reason why she left. Also Cruella pushed her into it along with EJ and SH. The circumstances back then made it so she needed to find a home for her son in case she died. The woman hoped she would see her son again I bet just not in this way and not with outsiders bombarding her as a mistress who was clinging to the chairman for something. 

Now what is Cruella up to by going to the hospital to see the woman? Now she learns that she was never a mistress but that does not change her attitude because Cruella will feel she is a victim for raising a child with no blood ties. 

5 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

The main thing is the chairman should have explained how his mother thought. Its also not like SJ did not know. He has on a few occasion while living in that house asked why she does not look for her son. The woman has explained how she feels she has no right to interfere in his life since she did not raise him. Also The woman is the type to leave if she thinks it will ease any trouble. 

His mother already felt bad for the Chairman's wife when Cruella did not deserve any of her guilty feelings as she never treated SJ as her own or well. Her guilty feelings for what happened when SJ was younger are the main reason why she left. Also Cruella pushed her into it along with EJ and SH. The circumstances back then made it so she needed to find a home for her son in case she died. The woman hoped she would see her son again I bet just not in this way and not with outsiders bombarding her as a mistress who was clinging to the chairman for something. 

Now what is Cruella up to by going to the hospital to see the woman? Now she learns that she was never a mistress but that does not change her attitude because Cruella will feel she is a victim for raising a child with no blood ties. 

Yep glad it cleared up now atleast nothing dragging here which I love

2 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Chingu @Ldy Gmerm I think it is worse than that. Kim Bok Soon and SJ  has her husbands love, devotion and protection. She sees how far he is willing to go to protect them. 

I agree the Chairman should have told the truth from the beginning and trusted SJ. Since this kdrama land this was bound to happen. 

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu @Ldy Gmerm I think it is worse than that. Kim Bok Soon and SJ  has her husbands love, devotion and protection. She sees how far he is willing to go to protect them. 

I agree the Chairman should have told the truth from the beginning and trusted SJ. Since this kdrama land this was bound to happen. 

I know everyone here hates viper mom, and I know she hurt SJ a lot, I don't even take her side, she's clearly the bad guy, but look chairman, he walks like a hero, he takes all the blame and thinks he's right, I'm sorry but he was terribly wrong, he should have told his wife the truth from the start, you imagine? you believe for several years that your husband cheated on you and still loves another woman? do you imagine the hatred maintained? disgust? the nightmare? it's horrible, which is worse now that viper mom will even tell himself that he hid the truth because in the end he can really love SJ's mother
I'm not saying that by knowing the truth from the start, viper mom could have raised SJ like her son but at least she would have known that her husband was not an infidel, for me chairman was also 50% wrong.

now I don't know what other revelation the writers are preparing for us!!  

46 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

I know everyone here hates viper mom, and I know she hurt SJ a lot, I don't even take her side, she's clearly the bad guy, but look chairman, he walks like a hero, he takes all the blame and thinks he's right, I'm sorry but he was terribly wrong, he should have told his wife the truth from the start, you imagine? you believe for several years that your husband cheated on you and still loves another woman? do you imagine the hatred maintained? disgust? the nightmare? it's horrible, which is worse now that viper mom will even tell himself that he hid the truth because in the end he can really love SJ's mother
I'm not saying that by knowing the truth from the start, viper mom could have raised SJ like her son but at least she would have known that her husband was not an infidel, for me chairman was also 50% wrong.

now I don't know what other revelation the writers are preparing for us!!  

You are correct @marrez1 Kang Tae Soo is WRONG. What he did was disgusting and I wished we had a flashback scene. I also believe that Cruella would have never raised or let his live in that house. 
What made me upset the most is that Kang Tae Soo’s apology doesn’t ring sincerely towards his son and wife.  He seemed more sincere to Kim Bok Soon and SJ. 

Do you guys think Kang Tae Soo seems ambitious? @Ldy Gmerm @Lmangla @foreverempress @joccu @tas82 @dolorisbrady 
Do you think Cruella May try to kill Kim Bok Soon even knowing her husband never cheated on her? 

I am kinda confused here though , I have seen some scenes where he would deny ever having an affair in the drama. 

Cruella is a horrible human being even before her husband made her life a nightmare. Her husband lied to her but she was snobbish and vicious already.  Look at what she did to PJ’s husband. She hired some people to kill him , she abandoned her grandson because he was born out of wedlock. She doesn’t have a maternal bone in that body of hers and that is not her husband fault. She was just raised cruel. I believe her marriage is Karma paying her back for her misdeeds in her past.  Just like SJ fallling on love with the wife of the man she murdered. Cruella and son think they got away with murder but the universe is already taking steps to get justice for that low life. 
SH was a victim of both his parents but he could 

28 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

You are correct @marrez1 Kang Tae Soo is WRONG. What he did was disgusting and I wished we had a flashback scene. I also believe that Cruella would have never raised or let his live in that house. 
What made me upset the most is that Kang Tae Soo’s apology doesn’t ring sincerely towards his son and wife.  He seemed more sincere to Kim Bok Soon and SJ. 

Do you guys think Kang Tae Soo seems ambitious? @Ldy Gmerm @Lmangla @foreverempress @joccu @tas82 @dolorisbrady 
Do you think Cruella May try to kill Kim Bok Soon even knowing her husband never cheated on her? 

I am kinda confused here though , I have seen some scenes where he would deny ever having an affair in the drama. 

Cruella is a horrible human being even before her husband made her life a nightmare. Her husband lied to her but she was snobbish and vicious already.  Look at what she did to PJ’s husband. She hired some people to kill him , she abandoned her grandson because he was born out of wedlock. She doesn’t have a maternal bone in that body of hers and that is not her husband fault. She was just raised cruel. I believe her marriage is Karma paying her back for her misdeeds in her past.  Just like SJ fallling on love with the wife of the man she murdered. Cruella and son think they got away with murder but the universe is already taking steps to get justice for that low life. 
SH was a victim of both his parents but he could 

@UnniSarah Cruella would snuff out her own blood to get ahead. She definitely wont pass up a opportunity to get back at Kim Bok Soon. But as of the preview for ep 66, Mr Ha now knows Kim bok soon is sister. Beware! just when they thought it was safe to go back in the water a shark appears lol. One birth secret is already revealed . I cant wait till Cruella finds out she has Grandson . Remember what SJ said about PJ? He said she was more than meets the eye, Meaning she was not just a ordinary woman or mom. Can imagine trying to take a cub away from its mom , PJ will rip her shreds.

@dolorisbrady and the sad thing is that she knows she has a grandson. She got rid of the grandson and gave them to the chauffeur to take to a orphanage. The chauffeur took him for himself to hold something over their head. He does not know nor did she get the chauffeur took. I think he tried to tell PJ on his deathbed, but I can't remember if he was successful.

@UnniSarah I honestly don´t know what cruella will do.  But first I think she´s going to drive SJ out off the company and make SH the heir. She´s still going hate Bok Soon. And when she gonig to find out who is her grandson she´s going to take Minho away from PJ. She´s not going let  PJ  be his mom and Bok soon to be his grandma.

Finally Secretary Ha is going to find his sister. But what he´s going to do?

EJ nightmare is going to be light. Her ex is back in town..!! can´t wait to see what happens next!!

everyone have a great weekend!!

what a cracker these last two episodes have been! super! it is really exciting that things are happening so quickly instead of being drawn out in other dramas.

5 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

so we get a good idea of what happened -- chairman told cruella the truth initially but she wasn't keen on adopting. as a debt of gratitude to kim bok soon and her father, he felt that he has to raise this kid one way and the another. so he decides the only way to fulfill his duty is by lying that suk joon is his. so in some ways, he created this mess but then again, cruella is not at all maternal. she doesn't even care about her own grandson, who is her flesh and blood. if it wasn't for the lie and strong will, she would have abused and tried to kill of seok joon as a child. not that it didn't stop her trying to sent him on a murder charge later as a student....  so yea, chairman was wrong for lying but on the other hand, his lie was what kept seok joon from facing total abuse, neglect or worst as a child.

5 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Do you guys think Kang Tae Soo seems ambitious?

am not sure where tae soo's ambitions but it is clear that he is the real brains behind the company's growth. he took the company from her dad and grew it. am still thinking that this was a business merger where it was a level field but cruella thinks she is better than this country tae soo. and as @Ldy Gmerm noted, cruella is all about her hurt and how she feels. she needs others to suffer in order to make herself feel better. she may not try to actually kill kim bok soon but she is going to make her life miserable with words...

and while some may not like the doctor, I felt he was on point with seok joon. he did his duty as a doctor and seok joon needed that kind of reality slap. as a doctor, he is able to tell that even if you don't care as much, you are going to regret if you are not there. so it was in some ways a good jolt that seok joon needed.

am looking forward to snakey Ha finding out about kim book soon. finally we also had some revelation about suk joon's biological dad which was really interesting -- so he was a landowner's son who fell in love with kim book soon and they disapproved. so they ran off to seoul and he died when seok joon was a baby. so here is the thing -- the dad was originally rich. while seok joon now is not going to be part of LX group maybe on principle, he can always join some other company which also happens to be owned by the family of his biological dad. we also don't know who the elder that snakey Ha is meeting. so lots of possibilities we have for the coming episodes. am hoping that they will really explore who this biological father was and his family. it is obviously going to get complicated. fun times!

Archived