[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

18 minutes ago, angelangie said:

@yamiyugi i hope u understand that not being able to post Instagram embedded and Instagram link are two different thing, if  you post the link and when u click on the link and bring u into insta platform itself....we do not take that out...we will take out the EMBEDDED IG

Because of the ruling and due to copyright violation which can bring down the whole forum, then yes @Jillia will take them out without hesitation, not only @Jillia will take them out, any of us who happen to see it will do it too.

u can refer to @Hanyeoun 's notice at the top for further clarification, we all know that IG is one of the best embedded platform member love, and we have no choice, and to protect the whole SOOMPI platform we need to do what we need to do....

Sorry for the misunderstanding here I was clearly joking over here. I thought that I made that clear. For extra effort I even put a Laughing emoji to express my point. I do understand and respect the rules. Sorry if it appeared that I was bashing or deliberately targeting someone. If I was inclined to do so I wouldn't have intentionally targeted the moderator @Jillia  in person where they could read it as clear as day. If it was intentional I could have simply omitted that part and either just mentioned her by name without tagging them or saying that a moderator was on the warpath. Hopefully this clears up the misunderstanding here. Also I want to apologize if my sense of humor wasn't taken in that way. I also did point out that since I have never linked or even embedded any Instagram link that part of the rule doesn't apply to me. (i also probably don't ever intend to do that either) Still it is good to see the moderators are so active here that they read every post. :) 

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@yamiyugi     

Still it is good to see the moderators are so active here that they read every post. :) 

You ain't kidding. I was there when this happened to you. You had just posted something so I went to click on it but somebody had just replied to it.

I have educate myself on the video rules. Oh, two so weeks ago, I tried to copy/paste a link of a youtube mbc video but something went wrong and the whole video popped up. I was so embarrassed but had to wait it out.:sweatingbullets: One hour and lots of views, the video went puff. Like it never happened. Not sure why cause I've seen some random videos with no logic; like; Oh, I'm feeling nostalgic so I'm posting this 80's blast from the past music video for you all.:huh:

•  

Gosh EJ. What a waste of talent. With the tips and ideas she has come out with, she could be the chairman of a company herself. Got to admire the way she got Cruella hair. Lol. Her parting shot to SJ was smoothly done too. 

15 minutes ago, joccu said:

So the vixen let go of SJ. I wonder why she did the DNA test between the cruella and SJ?

Is vixen and cruella going to team up or is the other going to blackmail the other?

I Feel Vixen will use the DNA test to blackmail 

Cruella and SH, And hurt and humiliate SJ and his MOM and PJ. She makes the 7 deadly sins look like a recipe for devil's food  cake.

1 hour ago, dolorisbrady said:

Cruella and SH, And hurt and humiliate SJ and his MOM and PJ. She makes the 7 deadly sins look like a recipe for devil's food  cake.

Most likely she will, the Nerve she feels she is very pretty and smart. BUt she is not smart enough she should have do the DNA of chairman and SJ and Chairman and SH :crazy:. She derserve to be with SH. My gut feeling telling me SH is not chairman's son thats why Cruella wants SJ out of the company and house.

PJ is prettier when she tie her hair, I hope SJ will be the first one to fall for PJ. Also i hope by the time SJ discover that PJ is his really mom she wont hate her anymore because he gets to stay with them and got to knew, fond and love of her ( I wish she will tell her story to SJ how he lost his son)

BTW Directornim the story is a bit dragging already

This post is more about things that happened in this episode and their breakdown. So let’s get on with it.

Spoiler

For starters as predicted by some Vixen’s brother gets the permanent job position instead of Pill Jung’s sister thanks to Joker’s intervention.

Vixen has been quite busy this time by running around obtaining DNA samples to compare between Sung Joon and Cruella for verification.

Sung Joon is thinking more about Pill Jung even if he doesn’t realize it yet.

Vixen received her final rejection but will she take it gracefully and finally move on to Joker as a potential target or is it still not time.

Sung Joon made a mistake by pointing out that he personally knows Himself and the kids are eager for him to play matchmaker between Suk Joon and their mother (confusing but viewers will get it). How will that turn out.

Joker and Cruella are extremely happy now that they are aware that Suk Joon is aware of the missing son and that he will search for him which will yield shocking results for all involved.

There are a few more things that happened or are going to happen but we will get down to that in a moment. Hopefully this may also answer some of the questions that viewers may be having about other things. so let’s get on with these points.

So as mentioned let’s move on to the sister not getting the permanent position at the company. Will she get in thanks to Suk Joon’s help and if so what position is she going to get? The other thing to consider is what will Vixen’s brother end up doing as well. He was never really interested in the jobs position and only ended up here because his mother threatened to cut him from all expenses. He has always felt guilty about even getting the position in the first place thanks to his sisters connections and all. Perhaps he isn’t aware that he can actually quit or not accept the position in the first place thus the position would end up going to the person that it rightfully deserves.

He probably isn’t doing that because he is afraid of his mother’s ramifications once she discovers this but let’s face it how is that going to happen. His mother is already aware that he didn’t score that high on the internship test that means him getting the job are extremely slim at this point. So he could easily lie to her that he didn’t make it and she would probably believe him. The only way that she could actually find out is if Joker personally told her in some way. But at the current situation that wouldn’t be possible since he isn’t actively dating Vixen so he has no real reason to meet her unless he wants to impress his future MiL.

Also the brother is equally at fault over here. His mother only pushes him for a job so that he actually does something with his life and not laze around at home. In the case where it was apparent to him that he wouldn’t get the job he should have been looking for other jobs that would either work or interest him. This way his mother could probably accept the fact that he didn’t get the job. Though we all know that he isn’t quitting because this is the only means that these two characters are going to continue to interact with each other, perhaps even develop feelings as well. but most importantly it is so that he can find out just how many people his sister wronged and just what kind of personality she has. Though this might also help Vixen with her future plans to take down Pill Jung as well.

Let’s now move to another point. (sorry that these aren’t in proper order but some things are a bit interrelated so will be making them as one or so.)

We now know that Suk Joon thinks more about Pill Jung in his mind by the fact that when he was thinking about asking her to install an AC in his room due to the heat and all her response comes to his mind. (He turns around to find her in his room where she gives him a piece of her mind. Only for it to turn out to be a figment of his imagination). So in a way that is a good thing but don’t get your hopes to high even with the episodes ending and this is why.

He knows that the kids are interested in having him set up a meeting with the chairman’s son (Himself but they don’t know that yet) and their mother. He seems to finally agree to doing that in return for her getting certain items for his use aka the bidet and the expensive blanket and whatnot. This means that he clearly still hasn’t seen the light and been completely moved by Pill Jung aka fallen for her. Going by this logic there is no way that he is going to be meeting up with her for real at this point atleast. Some will say that he has promised her in return for those services. True but as drama law dictates it is far too early for them to fall for each other considering all the issues that they have between them. So my prediction is that he will arrange a meeting between her and the chairman’s son. We will probably get a scene where she shows up and there is a guy waiting for her but we only see his backside. When we get the reveal in the next episode it will turn out to be his friend (the guy that works in Vixen’s team) who will be pretending to be him. Though eventually due to some turn of events she will figure out the deception (or atleast part of it) and she will be furious at him for playing her all this time and whatnot. Ofcourse we can also have it that he might have been sincere about showing up at the meeting but something will occur where one or both of them can’t show up for it. Might even cause a bit of misunderstanding between the two for the time being as well. Though for the time being I am going to wager on the former.

Vixen’s mother is trying to get her brother to take her out for lunch but it is painfully obvious what she is actually after. I can bet all of my drama experience that she is actually trying to set him up for a blind date so that he can get married again. Yoo Kyung is going to find out about it and it will probably be the motivating factor for her to rejoin the track and field team again.

Now let us move on to the second and fourth points that I brought up. This would be about Vixen obtaining the DNA results and the final rejection that she received and what is going to happen next.

Some of you have even wondered if she had the DNA test will she move on to Joker finally especially since she received the rejection. My answer to that would be a NO especially after watching the preview of the next episode. Yes, it can be extremely deceptive even considering the fact that she has accepted to have a few drinks with Joker perhaps indicating that she is ready to move on with him. But the answer probably isn’t as simple as all that.

For now, we can safely assume that she hasn’t received the DNA results this means that she is going to be keeping all of her options available. She wants the chairman’s wife title and position badly and therefore she is going to do her best to obtain it. Actually the preview gives us the biggest clue to her current scheme. Her mother tells her that when she makes a man desperate for her he will eventually fall for her. That is probably what her aim is at this point. To further break it down for all of you here is an example of the plan can work out.

Let’s take two people for arguments sake. Person X and Person Y. Person X has a particular routine let’s say that take a particular path everyday that crosses with Person Y’s. now let’s assume that Person Y seems to have a vendetta with Person X so they dump all their thrash on them when the pass by their route. Person X has pretty much gotten used to this routine but can’t do anything about it. Then one day Person Y doesn’t behave as normal and doesn’t do anything. Naturally Person X is going to get curious as to what may have changed and wonder if everything is okay with Person Y and all.

Now if we apply this same logic in the drama we can find out what exactly Vixen will be actually thinking. So far to attain her goals of gaining that title and marrying Suk Joon she has gone out of her way to help him. Such as she decided to get his interview instead of the guy her team actually intended, when he felt that he was getting a raw deal when Joker was going to do an interview and take credit for his idea she helped set up the interview for the company newsletter. She even put up a picture which made him feel more human than some mysterious figure and all. She even tries to give him helpful advice which he rarely takes and keeps reminding her that he will be fine on his own and that he will get the chairman’s position on his own skill and merit. Well she intends to prove to him just how valuable she actually is and not to be taken for granted.

She will do this by firstly refusing to help him out indirectly. This means no free interviews or things like that. She may even continue to help out Joker by making him look good (gets other job opportunities or something to that extent). Her intent is actually quite simple if one thinks about it but at the same time she has gravely miscalculated the situation as well. Since she herself is quite ambitious she has set that same mark for everyone else as well. She is clearly hoping that when Suk Joon realizes that he is losing out to his brother his ambitious nature will finally reveal itself and he will want to take over the company by all means. At this point he will realize how much of a hard time he is having because he doesn’t have her support which will end in him asking for her help. She may very well agree to do that in return for marrying him. Since he would have been so desperate he would have been forced to agree to her terms. Thus she wins and attains her goals.

But like I mentioned this is where she made her first miscalculation. While it may be true that Joker is indeed ambitious enough to want the company he just isn’t skilled enough to run it. It also doesn’t help that he is egged on my Cruella to inherit the company because it is supposedly his birthright and whatnot. On the other hand, Suk Joon isn’t actually that ambitious. He wants the company because he wants what is best for it. On top of all this he has the skill to back up his words and the action to go with it. therefore, her help isn’t really needed.

This latest mission might actually be a game changer for all the parties involved. Joker thanks to Vixen’s advice has managed to score a good deal. This means that the pressure is on for Suk Joon to succeed. Probably also a good time for a few good schemes by Vixen. So Suk Joon is going to be facing a hard time trying to recruit this golf player. Perhaps Vixen will discover the actual reason why the player isn’t signing up for any of these companies but she will plan to keep this bit of information to herself for the time being. When Suk Joon will get frustrated enough for being unable to sign her she will offer to help him or just solve it on her own at the last moment. Making it appear as if she is the team’s savior. He will feel indebted to her and perhaps even fall for her if things go well and if not he might realize that as a business prospect having her wouldn’t be a bad idea. Thus her plan should work perfectly. But things won’t go the way that she is actually planning. Suk Joon will probably figure out things on his own. Probably because he has been staying with Pill Jung and her family and they will be the key to solving his problem. Unless it turns out that Pill Jung caused an issue indirectly where the golf player doesn’t sign up with them. then it will be upto Pill Jung to resolve the matter. Either way this will help him see her in a different light and will result in him falling for her. Down goes the drain Vixen’s master plan to take over the company. At this point and this point alone might she agree to finally accept Joker’s proposal to marry him.

Another thing of note in this episode was that Cruella made a risky move. She asked to meet with Kim Book Soon. Her intent was clear. Find out if she was interested in finding out where her son was and perhaps to egg her on to find him on her own. But Kim Book Soon initially couldn’t make it due to babysitting Minji. So Cruella even invited her along. This was actually risky because those two have actually met if anyone can recall. Fortunately, it was only once so either one could have forgotten about the meeting. Though at some point I feel like Minji is suddenly going to recall how she met Cruella at their doorstep and how she was asking about her grandmother by name. Things might start to get a bit interesting at this point. Though at this meeting we do learn that Kim Book Soon handed her son over to an acquaintance to look after it since she was incapable of doing so at that time. Again no mention of an affair. But then again who ever admits to one especially when it is a touchy subject for some. So the chairman having an affair still isn’t out of the question at this point. But for now I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt for the time being. It will probably be the entire key to the redemption ark for certain characters.

Speaking of this I have been considering the possibility of Shark being related to either Cruella or Joker and think that as an idea that might not be bad on paper but in reality not so much. I know this may appear as if I am complaining but that isn’t really the case. Just hear me out first before judging me. We know that Shark has been doing some of the dirty work for both Cruella and Joker (perhaps even all of it). We also know that Cruella has been keeping some evidence to control him if he ever decides to go Rogue like Secretary Park (atleast that one recorded conversation where he is forced to incriminate himself). But we also suspect that this probably isn’t Shark’s first rodeo and that he therefore has ample enough to prove his innocence or that he atlesat was doing it all on their orders which might lessen his prison sentence. The thing is that if it does indeed turn out that one of them is the person that he is seeking for I am afraid that he will willingly take the fall for them just to protect said person. This means that justice will fail to take action. True they may wonder why he went down quietly or question if he was actually so loyal to take the fall for them. Therefore, him being related to them isn’t such a good plotline at the moment. This can actually change if it turns out that Joker is actually his brother. Assuming that Cruella was the one that had an affair or lost her own child so she grabbed a random one to cover this up and keep the chairman under her control. Perhaps she even faked her pregnancy in the first place then had to get creative. In that case if he were to reveal this fact to Joker and tell him that she was their enemy that had them separated and all. This causes Joker to swear vengeance on her and decide to take over the company for himself and kick her out the plot could become a bit interesting. But otherwise I might be willing to hold out on this theory for the time being. Not saying that Cruella as his sister is a bad thing. It is interesting but at the same time I do feel that it has the one issue that I mentioned.

I also wonder just what Joker is actually going to think once he discovers all that Cruella has been doing behind his back such as ordering Shark to kill Secretary Park and pin it on Suk Joon. He certainly was impressed with his initiative but would he still be okay discovering that it was his mother that planned it all or would he suddenly discover that she was a scary person all along and may think that he wants nothing to do with her anymore even if she claims that she did everything for his own good. Come to think about it, it’s all for her own sake.

Now let’s move onto a few other matters.

@mizkorea Have to agree with you that with the ideas that Vixen comes up with she could indeed be a chairman of a company but she doesn’t do that for a reason. The reason simply being that she is extremely lazy to put in that extra effort. She simply wants to marry someone rich and successful so that she can have an easy life (spend some of that hard earned wealth and whatnot). Perhaps show up at certain functions just to look good and flaunt her power. Also as some have pointed out her hesitation to be with Joker since she would be the one actually running the company by giving him good ideas and he implementing them. Basically she would still be working while he gets all the credit. With Suk Joon she could actually relax since he is competent. Even back then when she was having an affair with her fellow teacher she was planning on quitting the school and at most help him win his campaign after that she would probably relax at home. Attend a few fund raisers or show up at a few opening ceremonies with him. But that would probably be it.

@joccu look up at my explanation why she went ahead with the DNA test but it wouldn’t be out of the question that she may indeed decide to blackmail Cruella to accept her as a DiL when things don’t work out her way. Plus, she will point out that she is far more useful to them as an ally rather than an adversary. She will bring up all the ways that Joker became successful thanks to her involvement and whatnot. Plus, in this case they both win as they both get what they want so it would be foolish of them to refuse her help. If not, then they can answer to the Chairman for this entire deception. She may even point out that they have a common enemy that they need to get rid of so it might be better to join hands at this point.

Anyway that covers most of my points for the time being so take care all of you. I do get the feeling that I am missing something but hopefully I will remember it by my next post. So continue to keep posting as I am looking forward to reading them.

14 hours ago, mizkorea said:

Gosh EJ. What a waste of talent. With the tips and ideas she has come out with, she could be the chairman of a company herself. Got to admire the way she got Cruella hair. Lol. Her parting shot to SJ was smoothly done too. 

yea, it seems strange that all her schemes are for marriage when she could just take over a company herself. guess, she wants to be married?

12 hours ago, joccu said:

So the vixen let go of SJ. I wonder why she did the DNA test between the cruella and SJ?

yea even I was confused by that. her conversation with seok joon almost seemed like she was willing to consider a relationship with him even if he turned out to be illegitimate -- guess, she thought that she will still manipulate and make him chairman nonetheless anyway? @yamiyugi ~ I like your theory of how she is going to be working both sides to make her look like this important person they have to rely on and need and she gets suk joon to realize her worth. maybe thats what she is after?!

12 hours ago, dolorisbrady said:

LOL. wonder when she will bake the cake! yea, she will definitely blackmail and use this info at some point!

10 hours ago, kiefshi1056 said:

BTW Directornim the story is a bit dragging already

yea drama feels almost like slice of life at this point. interesting but nothing anything for us to pull our hair and comment furiously. so weird. when dramas are stupid, we complain with tons of pages! :lol:

13 hours ago, joccu said:

She did the dna test to verify the validity of Joker drunken confession before she makes her next move. 

@Lmangla  I guess EJ has been conditioned from birth being married to a successful guy  is the ultimate goal.   

I think its given the dna test showed Cruella is not SJ birth mom and when EJ met SJ last night she already has the result. She will accept Joker now. She has to change Cruella mind tho. Maybe she makes a deal with Cruella to make Joker the successor if Cruella approved their marriage. 

@yamiyugi knowing EJ she will make SJ suffer for rejecting her. She may say a civil sayonara to SJ but we know she will not let him be. She destroyed PJ's life just becoz. She will be up to her tricks again to make Joker the successor and SJ lose everything. 

I hate everything about EJ and her mom (specially the accent!), the son so pathetic  i hope PJ sister will not end up with him. If he has the conscience and moral he will not accept the position, if he does he is no different with his family (Birds of the same flocks together):rage:

Is there any possibility that SJ and PJ have met in their younger years, see how he was amaze in her singing talent (maybe he had seen her in a band but didn't notice it was her) and i notice in preview they straighten her hair she looks Good  :wub: Also im foreseeing the uncle and SJ will be rival in PJ's heart.

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

And that Secretary, I want more of him. Interesting character.

he seems more competent than seok hwan. can easily take over a company or role. wonder what his actual intentions are.. definitely interesting!

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

EJ, she seems to be planning a pregnancy.

but she doesn't need to corner seok hwan into marrying her as he will willing do so!

1 hour ago, kiefshi1056 said:

I hate everything about EJ and her mom (specially the accent!), the son so pathetic  i hope PJ sister will not end up with him. If he has the conscience and moral he will not accept the position, if he does he is no different with his family (Birds of the same flocks together)

eun joo's mom is really mean. how is she the principal and not have a clue about how kids feel? she thought it would be perfectly fine to hide a child from a prospective blind date? ummm, what? and just lay that on a woman after the marriage? umm, what??????? and then she reacts rather strangely why yu kyung would run? seriously?

tae woo is actually not that bad; am wondering how he is related to eun joo because he atleast seems to have somewhat of a heart. he said that he won't take the job as he is not that shameless. lets see...

1 hour ago, kiefshi1056 said:

Also im foreseeing the uncle and SJ will be rival in PJ's heart.

it looks more and more so! the uncle is a genuinely nice character that I feel bad for him already as we all know the main lead pairing is not going to change!

am not able to understand min ho's obsession with having a dad and naming seok joon randomly as his appa in that situation. is he so afraid and feeling unsafe?

@kiefshi1056  and i notice in preview they straighten her hair she looks Good.  yeah, I caught that  too. She ironed and styled her hair. I wonder if it's part of Suk Joon's plan for her to get a husband. to fork out money as an investment toward that. I noticed too that the PJ household is getting bigger. Why is Min Ho shocked.

@Lmangla  "am not able to understand min ho's obsession with having a dad and naming seok joon randomly as his appa in that situation. is he so afraid and feeling unsafe?" 

What I don't understand is what is it with Suk Joon's attitude. The fool that's a brother of a fool. He's more concerned about  him now being seen as "married" because min ho called him his dad. He can be a divorcee, he can just be a dad without having been married to the mother, etc. Or is he embarrassed to be Min Ho's dad. Which is it mister. I agree @Lmangla, saying he's my dad works pretty good in self defense.

And his attitude with PJ. He thinks and acts like is too good for PJ. Mister refined and educated; traveled the world - can take advantage of a hard working single mom who is raising two kids. He demands from her in exchange for a favor he has no intention to fulfill,  "Oh, I want you to buy me a fancy goose down comforter, I want you to buy me a fancy toilet thing, I want, I want, I want,  I want scrambled eggs for breakfast."  Yet he is well to do financially.  Living in PJ's house will be good education for his poor sense of empathy.

@ __  

SJ is not doing anything worse than PJ did at the beginning of the drama.  She was dishonest too.  

I usually site examples for why I feel strongly about something. When was she dishonest? Was it when she said she told him she was married?  I thank you for your own take on this. I wish I had gotten the reverse.  Little hearts. 

@0ly40 preview ep 39.  Is this where EJ fakes being drunk. Or is it because she is disappointed by something that causes her to drink a bit too much. Does SW take advantage of the situation. Can't wait to find out.

Min ho's in love.

Okay I noticed that some of you over here mentioned the slow pacing of this drama. I have to agree with this assessment for the time being. some of the reasons for this could be as follows.

Spoiler

It is possible that the writer is slowing down the pace of the drama for new viewers thus trying to keep things as simple as possible so that they get the idea of what to expect with the excuse of character development and all. Another reason could be that the pacing is right it is just that some of us viewers over here are quite old (amount of dramas that we have watched not our ages though that can also apply) thus we have gotten used to a lot of things at this point that we can even accurately predict a few things either before they happen or with just a few hints. Example in point Vixen’s brother getting the permanent job position over Pill Jung’s sister. Thus a lot of these things are now old hat for us and we want things to progress much faster. But for a new viewer who wouldn’t know about some of these tropes and all things may be just right.

Another issue in these dramas would be the plotting and scheming done by the secondary characters, they could be great and all and equally frustrating because the main leads would be totally clueless of who could be behind those actions and why. Problem over here is that we have had a limited number of schemes compared to what we usually expect and each time the main leads have a general idea of who is exactly responsible for them. thus a certain charm may be lost over here. Generally, this isn’t an issue because almost everyone is working in the same place thus making some of these plots easy. Such as framing one of the leads for perhaps leaking/selling valuable company secrets to the competitor and further trying to prove it by having pictures taken of them (the lead character meets them for innocent reasons not knowing their true identity and all) perhaps further finding a stack of bribe money on them as well to further prove this point and all. The reasoning generally behind this is because the second lead wants to get rid of their competition or that they may know too much about their past and can inform the people that they are trying to get close to etc. But over here the main leads don’t work together at all this means that the second lead can’t use this trick for the time being. the leads are living together and Vixen did try and separate them two times and failed and even then her attempts were quite mild by drama standards.

The other thing to note is that when it generally comes to all these schemes that they cook up the results are happening quite quickly since they are desperate to get rid of the leads. But over here the schemes are used for the longer game. They set up baits and whatnot and expect others to tug on them and slowly unravel. Perhaps if this was a revenge drama things might be understandable but this certainly isn’t so this show can feel a bit slow at times. Unless something changes don’t expect much anytime soon or some secrets are revealed etc.

@mizkorea You are correct it seems to me that this fact had slightly slipped my mind. Vixen certainly seems to be the vindictive type and tries to hurt someone that she feels has wronged or embarrassed them even if they are at fault themselves. So it does seem to make sense that she would want to take revenge on Suk Joon for not only embarrassing her so much but also rejecting her for the umpteenth time. But I still feel that will come down the line not so soon. Perhaps once she discovers that he has feelings for Pill Jung and vice versa. Her pride is really going to get hurt at that point and that would probably be when she thinks of having her revenge on the both of them. Right now she may still think of him as a viable candidate if she can gain the title that she wants and thinks that she deserves.

@Lmangla LoL at this point I feel that almost everyone in this show is far more competent than Joker himself. I don’t think that he has come up with anything worthwhile during his time in the show and that he has totally relied on others to get to where he is. While I know that working at a company is more of teamwork and team effort I don’t think that he has made any major contribution over here. Either is mother or Shark are busy cleaning up his mess to make him look good or people like Vixen are giving him advice which he should either know or come up with on his own.

About Vixen faking her pregnancy or preparing to get one depends on the situation. I doubt that she can entrap Suk Joon by claiming that the child is his since he won’t be the type to sleep with her willingly unless she manages to drug him or get extremely drunk and take advantage of the situation He doesn’t seem the type to drink heavily like his brother. (this is assuming that she only slept with Joker and the kid is actually his.). Therefore, her plan is probably a backup plan. She knows for a fact that Joker has feelings for her and would therefore want to marry her but she knows that she may face some opposition from Cruella. After all, Cruella has stressed the point that she shouldn’t confuse her son and whatnot. On top of all this she has stressed to Cruella that she wouldn’t fall for her son and when she makes up her mind she is steadfast to it. Due to this she can’t simply accept Joker’s feelings for her even though it is currently advantageous to her. She needs to have a situation where the other party has no choice but to simply accept her. This can be arranged if she pretends to sleep with Joker and make it seem like she had no choice in the matter or that he took advantage of her. She can further tell him to take responsibility for his actions as she won’t be able to get married etc.. Furthermore, she might think that if she got pregnant by his kid the family would have no choice but to accept her to avoid further embarrassment. Clearly another miscalculation on her part because she is unaware of the inheritance clause that states that if Joker has a kid from a relationship prior to marriage he won’t be eligible for it. Though in this case Cruella might be willing to make an exception since she has proved useful to Joker’s success a few times. Then again if all else fails she has the DNA result to use as a bargaining chip.

As for Tae Woo not accepting the job and refusing it. don’t get your hopes up. Sure he may feel that way but at the end of the day he really doesn’t have a choice. I already pointed out in my previous post how he could have done that and make it work. But instead in the last episode he revealed to his family that he got the job thanks to his sisters connection aka Joker. This means that he won’t have an out. He is currently dependent on his mother’s finances and she has the simple ability to cut him off if he doesn’t follow her wishes. She has done that in the past. One of the reasons why he was forced to join the internship if I recall correctly. Therefore, I feel like he will have no other choice but to accept the job. Unless he gains his own independence don’t expect much from this character. Plus, another reason why he needs this job is because of interaction. Pill Jung’s sister is the only one in that family that he knows and can thus find out about his sisters’ true nature and vice versa. Thus they need to find a common ground between them which is generally through work. Otherwise they have no real reason for them to meet up. This means that the sister is also going to find some way to join the company. Probably thanks to Suk Joon’s indirect help or something. It is possible that the two of them can also find a way to open up a restaurant and work together perhaps as partners or something but the issue of funding will then pop up and neither of them seem to have any of that at the moment. Thus this means that both will have to get the job at LX group whether they like it or not.

As for the matter about why Minho suddenly declared that Suk Joon was his dad was more of a defensive mechanism. I believe in one of the previous episodes he stated as much. Remember the part when the butcher was attempting to make a pass at his mother he was forced to intervene. What he told her at that point was that as an adult she should be the one protecting him but as the only male member of the family he feels the pressure of protecting all of them instead of the other way around. Infact in another episode it he shared a similar sentiment. I think the sister or someone brought up the fact that the front gate had issues in getting locked. But someone didn’t prioritize the issue by pointing out that they had nothing worth stealing in the first place. Minho brought up the same point about him being under pressure as he was the only male in that family. So it makes sense that he would respond in such a way and declare Suk Joon as his dad. He knows that he can’t protect both himself and his mother from the guy. Plus, he probably also faces some trauma from back in the day when his dad was abusive towards the both of them. So he instead claims that Suk Joon is his dad. He knows that Suk Joon is a nice enough guy to protect them and even if that isn’t the case he may think that during this confusion the family can slip safely out. Regardless I am putting it as a defensive mechanism at this point. How true that turns out to be remains to be seen.

@brooksmom I think that Minho was shocked because he found out that Dorothy wasn’t in Kansas anymore. Joking aside it may have been to suddenly discover that a pretty girl was in his house and he was mesmerized by her beauty. Finally, those two met in real life. Now we just need to wait until he reveals to her what her Aunt wrote in her place and her reaction towards her.

As for your question when exactly was Pill Jung dishonest with Suk Joon. To be honest those things slipped my mind but I think some of the things that she did to warrant that comment would be as follows.

As you pointed out she initially lied to him that she was married.

Then later on she lied to the restaurant owners that he was her husband.

Following that she then even turned him into a stalker infront of the same owners.

She lied to him about the accident that she got into with his car. Clearly both of them were at fault but she exaggerated the level of injury.

The doctor felt bad for her and didn’t want to embarrass her so he pointed out that she had previous injuries which hadn’t properly healed in the past and thus could be the cause.

Instead of stopping the charade at the point she continued it in the hopes of him not only paying her medical bill but also tricked him into purchasing sushi (which from all accounts should be expensive). Granted that wasn’t for her but her family she was still dishonest in obtaining it.

The final thing that I recall her being dishonest to him was when he was still working in the customer care center. She had obtained two items through second hand means. She had no way to prove her purchases but claimed that she did and wanted the item repaired or exchanged for a better product. She would have probably continued to do this if she hadn’t been caught and taken to the police station where she was forced to divulge everything. Also while the first incident could be overlooked the second one clearly couldn’t because in the first one she accidentally purchased a defective bag (her fault as she didn’t inspect the merchandise beforehand) but for the second item she deliberately searched for a defective item so that she could try the same trick again. Only this time it backfired on her.

I am sure there could be more times when she was dishonest to the people around her but I can’t exactly recall them. Oh there was also one time when she lied to protect Vixen from getting further embarrassed but that didn’t go well for her in the end.

Probably the scene that you are talking about where she drinks out of frustration or fakes being drunk allowing Joker to take advantage of the situation. There are only two things currently in my mind for her to get drunk out of frustration. The first one would be to discover that Suk Joon isn’t related to Joker and that he indeed is out of wedlock thus her chances of marrying him and thus inheriting the company are extremely slim at this point. Also due to the numerous rejections that she has received by him. The other thing that probably frustrates her is that Joker is continuing to not mind his business and meddle in her own making her feel indebted to him. Something that she doesn’t want. This was clearly seen when she found out that her brother got the spot at the company thanks to Joker pulling some strings for him. This applied both when he got the spot at the internship without showing up for it and then getting the job when he didn’t have enough skill on his own. She now has to come up with ways that his mother atleat won’t find fault with. Clearly an issue since Cruella knows that her brother has accepted money from Joker and it won’t go well for her if she also discovers that her brother got a job at their company again only because of her. Had the brother atleast been good at the internship and actually qualified it would have been another matter altogether. But regardless of all these points I get the feeling that she is preparing to get fake drunk mostly. She may use her frustrations as an excuse but fake frunk is clearly her priority over here. The background is a good example of it.

Firstly, it seems like she is sitting in an expensive hotel lounge. If this is the case, then it would be easier to slip into a hotel room with the pretense of being too drunk to remember or go elsewhere. Another thing to notice are the clothes that she is wearing. It seems more than what she would wear at a casual meeting/outing. Her intent is probably clear. Charm her way into a situation of her liking. Reasoning already explained earlier in this post so won’t repeat it.

@Lmangla totally get you in regards to the principal. She tries to do what she thinks is the best for her family but she doesn’t go about it the proper way. Though I was right she was trying to be sneaky and set up her brother for a blind date and that was the reason why Yoo Kyung left home. Regardless she didn’t consider her brother’s feelings one bit. He has clearly stated that he has no intention of getting remarried and that one of the factors is that he wants to respect his daughters’ wishes. Yet she goes behind his and sets him up. Not only that she lies to the prospective date about his daughter. I think she was partially honest that her brother was divorced but lied that his daughter was still in the States with her mother. I think she might have then later on brought up the fact just before marriage that the daughter had returned to attend the marriage and was then planning on staying with them or something along those lines. Still I feel that it wasn’t right of her to be dishonest like that. She thinks that Yoo Kyung was a handful but she doesn’t seem to realize that she was clearly at fault over here. One should be more surprised that she is a principal of a school with this kind of thinking. She only thinks what is good for her but not necessarily the students. She didn’t want Yoo Kyung reported missing because it would cause gossip and that could affect her school negatively. This is after considering the fact that Yoo Kyung is actually family. Though she still needs to get her facts straight. When her brother claimed that he would leave her house (I think after telling her about this stunt and if she pulled another one like that) she tells him that it is okay after all he was the one that insisted on staying with her. Now my memory is clearly a bit hazy in regards to this but from what I recall it was the other way around. She mentioned that since she was going to be all alone it would be nice for him to live with her. This might have also helped her worry less about him. (at that point Vixen was planning to study abroad (more as an excuse to get out of the embarrassing situation she had found herself in [the affair] and her son had enlisted in the mandatory military service against her wishes and even all the tricks that she had pulled so that he wouldn’t have to)

Come to think about it Tae Woo’s morals certainly come from his dad’s side. This could probably be seen when he decided that he had to take part in the mandatory military services when he was exempt from it because he had Canadian Citizenship thanks to his mother giving birth to him over there. at this point the uncle points out that his father would have been proud of his choice. Showing that his dad while having his faults was still an honest person with principles and all. This means that Vixen probably takes her scheming nature from her mother.

Anyway that will be all from my end for the time being. need to check out a few things till then. Might be back later on for another post so till then take care all of you and keep posting. Also glad to see that we had a bit more activity in this thread recently and I hope to see it continue.

What happened my post went puff. Maybe it's a sign that it wasn't meant to be.

@yamiyugi People say be careful what you ask for. I asked for how many ways PJ was dishonest. You gave me a bazillion. Serves me right. Thanks for the recaps. End of talking to yamiyugi

I posted in June 16 that I haven't been watching much since I thought the drama was slow. But started to watch again when (i thought) it picked up. That would be the reason why I didn't catch all of PJs dishonest deeds. Funny thing is most think the opposite. To most, this drama was fast at the beginning and now think it is boring cause it slowed down.   

@tulip06  When I read your post from yesterday, I was in awe. Is she clairvoyant? What's in her breakfast? You were spot on! 

Thank to you all who  gave me little hearts and those that didn't. I don't know what the rules are for giving them. But I see them as a thank you. And I try to give every one a thank you for taking the time to comment. I have fun reading them all. 

Archived