[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Directornim, can you please lessen the screeentime of that EunJoo character she is so annoying actually her character in the story is not important  you can get rid of her just a waste of time. can you just please concentrate in PJ and SJ storyline.:blush:

So let me start out by first saying that apparently somebody here named Witch Cruella so I shall be going with that name as well to avoid further confusion in the future. Also I feel that name is much more apt than the nickname that I gave so good work whoever came up with the name for her.

Now on to the drama itself.

Spoiler

I am going to start by asking people here if they also think that a few people here need an IQ test taken. (in the show itself just to be clear not the lovely posters over here) I mean take Vixen for example.

We all know that she has mind set on Suk Joon so she has lied to Joker that she already has a boyfriend and she was forced to confess to Cruella in the last episode that she made the whole thing up just to get Joker of her back. Cruella then pointed out that normal people would have jumped at the chance to be with the chairman’s son. Indicating that such people would be considered gold diggers. To which Vixen responded that she wasn’t like the normal people and that she is extremely offended that Cruella thinks of her in that light. This certainly impressed Creulla to an extent and is possibly considering her as DiL material.

My question then becomes if she isn’t like normal gold diggers then how is she going to justify falling in love with Suk Joon who also happens to be the chairman’s son as well. Not that most of his family consider that but that is a story for another day altogether. It isn’t like Vixen can pretend that she wasn’t aware of Suk Joon’s secret identity and that she fell in love with him thinking that he was a mere employee since she is already in the loop and that family knows this fact. Not that it will ever happen but still.

Still wondering what will be the deciding factor for her to move on. Her discovering that he was engaged nearly got her to give up if it wasn’t for his friend that corrected her and now she has hope once again. I can possibly see the following scenario happen. Once she discovers that he has developed feelings for Pill Jung she will try to break them up by leaking this information to Cruella. She is going to assume that since Pill Jung is so below them in the social order Cruella is going to throw a fit to break them up. Perhaps even expect your standard envelop full of money as well. But what she won’t count on is that Cruella is probably going to end up giving them her blessing even if she doesn’t mean it. After all Pill Jung doesn’t have any power or influence unlike his fiancée so she can’t threaten her or her son when they try and take over the company. She might even agree to those two to be together if she feels that this relationship might drive a wedge between him and his dad as well who is clearly not going to approve of Pill Jung at all.

This means that Vixen is going to need to get a bit more creative if she wants to break those two up. I guess this would involve getting his ex-fiancée involved. Since he never informed her of the break up they are still engaged and she might show up around one of these events. Once they officially breakup due to this scandal she might think that she will have another shot at him. She might think that Pill Jung would be to embraced to be with him after all that has happened. She might be partially correct in regards to that. So Suk Joon will probably need to work real hard to win her back.

Then we have Pill Jung’s kid in the preview asking Suk Joon to go on a blind date with their mother. Ah why would they do that. He only meets the daughters’ requirements not the sons (they don’t know that he is rich). Though in this case I am probably going to give this scene a pass because if I have learnt anything from watching previews is that they can be extremely deceptive at times. What I suspect is that they are actually asking him to pretend to be her blind date. This makes much more sense at this point than them asking him to officially date their mother when neither knows much about each other (kids included). This part can be surmised from the preview itself.

The kids have followed her to her blind date and seen the guy is actually an old man. Clearly he doesn’t meet the kids requirements so they feel that they need to take drastic action to prevent him from becoming their new stepdad. We also have another scene in the preview where Pill Jungs mother informs her that the kids must have followed her to the meeting. This seems to indicate that the marriage talks didn’t go through. (we all knew that wouldn’t happen) But poor Pill Jung must have been wondering why Suk Joon appeared and did what he did and must have told her mother what happened and thus said reaction/statement.

This does bring me to a question that somebody also asked why in 9 blazes is she even being considered as a suitable marriage material to such an old guy in the first place. The shop owner may think that she is being considerate since Pill Jung worked so hard in life that she should live comfortably but that doesn’t give her the right to pick the first person of the street as a marriage material for her. She should first consider one simple fact if she would choose such a person for her own daughter. If the answer is Yes, then she should go ahead with her choice but if the answer is no then she shouldn’t do the same for someone elses daughter after all they are somebody elses precious child. Though in this case I have to partially blame Pill Jung’s mother as well. she was fully aware of the fact that the person being introduced to Pill Jung was an old man. (remember she described him to Minji who voiced her disapproval of the guy). In that case why did she tell the same owner to try and set them up even for a casual date. She should have told her that her daughter has agreed to go on dates but she should look for a better and suitable person for her. If the owner tried to bring up the fact that the old person was rich because he owned a building she should have pointed out that so does Pill Jung so he really doesn’t have much to offer.

@tulip06 Am also glad that Pill Jung and her family got the dog back. Suk Joon was certainly behaving as a kid when he tried to cheat his way to victory. Hopefully he has learnt the lesson that cheaters never prosper and also you never mess with a mother who will do anything to keep her kids happy. Also I should have brought this up earlier so forgive me for getting a bit side tracked. You make very valid points that Suk Joon had many viable options to take the dog with him to England when he left. Wasn’t aware of them until now but am not surprised to learn about that. Regardless the dog won’t lose out when he and Pill Jung get married as it won’t have to leave or chose its owners again. The folks really know how to shoot it from all the angles that make it look cute. Though come to think about it did the translators make a mistake in its gender because in the latest episode they referred to it as a she. From what I can tell Leon is a male name unless it is one of those few names that can serve both genders. Or perhaps they didn’t and Suk Joon just felt that he wanted to name it like that regardless of its gender. I think something like that happened in another daily that I was watching sometime back. The second leads mother finds a dog that resembled the dog that they lost (or did it die) so she purchases it from the female leads SiL (since it belonged to her kids) and named it Jenny when he was actually a male. Not that it affects the plot of this show in anyway.

Vixen wants Suk Joon to leave Pill Jungs house ASAP because she is afraid that Pill Jung will air her entire dirty laundry to him and then he wouldn’t want to be with her. I guess she does have some shame that she doesn’t want to get embarrassed but if she had any brains she would wonder why would Pill Jung do that in the first place. As far as I can tell Pill Jung doesn’t seem to care all that much about her that she will reveal all her dark and dirty secrets to some random stranger. She wasn’t even aware that those two even knew each other until Vixen brought it up. Had she not done that then Pill Jung would have no reason to even be careful. Problem is that Vixen can never be grateful for all that she has and that she had a friend like Pill Jung who was really too good for her.

Feel bad that the school nurse finally quit. Now Pill Jung doesn’t have any friends to lean on in that school. Hopefully Pill Jung doesn’t get into any kind of trouble that will force her to leave and that the track and field team actually wins so that the principal can’t get rid of it. Even better if it turns out that the one to make it possible is Yoo Kyung. I feel that might be Karma enough to stop her plans and to hurt Pill Jung. On a side note I just find it weird whenever I hear her talk with that dialect of hers. It seems so out of place compared with the rest of her family. Speaking of her family I find it hilarious that her son has the worst luck when it comes to him trying to play the part of a hero. The first time he stopped a guy from getting beat up and let him escape and it turns out that the person was actually a thief then in the last episode he saves a woman from a man who looked like he was trying to abuse her and it is revealed that she actually was a pickpocket. Though thanks to this event the Pill Jung’s sister finally discovered the real reason why he was deported from Canada back then.

I guess I also figured out why he was deported when he should have dual citizenship. He probably had to give it up when he wanted to join the Korean Army for his mandatory service thus he wasn’t a citizen of Canada anymore thus it was easy to deport him at this point. Speaking of him somebody asked a few posts back that how could he continue to see the sister if she ended up opening her own restaurant. Well it could end up that he also didn’t end up getting the job at LX group so while looking for a job he ends up at the restaurant where he asks her to hire him. Problem solved thus they have a good excuse to continue to interact or he can be one of her regular customers. Assuming that is that she gets her own restaurant.

Now on to Cruella and just how she likes to see knives in the shadows when there are none. Remember how in my previous post I pointed out that she was unsure of her place in the marriage and how she accused her husband of having affairs. (when there might not have been any). Well in one of the recent episodes she behaves in the exact same way as back then which makes me think that she might have been the reason why they ended up like they are currently in and that the chairman might have been relatively innocent back then as well. The chairman was quite happy that she had finally taken the initiative and gone to the orphanage for a change to distribute the gifts personally. So not only did he go over there to pick her up but also tried to be extra nice to her by bringing her some wine to drink before bed. Her reaction to him was that he was probably doing that because he was feeling guilty for something. Her meaning was clear to us viewers. Since she was aware that her husband was searching for Kim Book Soon behind her back he must be feeling guilty especially after discovering that she was dead. But we as the viewers also know that this wasn’t currently the case. Kim Book Soon was the farthest thing from his mind at that point and he was actually trying to be genuinely nice to his wife for a change because she did something good this time. She was the only one to twist his good intentions to match what she was thinking. Shows to us how frustrating their marriage could have been for all those years.

It also doesn’t help that she thinks that she was cheated out of the company that she feels is rightfully hers by both her father and her husband. Now she is going to try and do everything to take it over and hand it over to her son. To be quite honest I still feel that she to needs to get her IQ tested because of this point. Why hand a company to someone that has proven time and again that he isn’t suited to managing a company? If I recall correctly, he made a huge blunder before the time skip and the chairman had to step in to resolve it. he warned him that such mistakes could jeopardize not only the company but also the employee’s whose livelihood would be jeopardized by such actions. Joker clearly hasn’t improved from way back then. Right now if he were to get control of the company he would probably make the same mistakes again and this time she would have to step in to save the company from his mess. One could say that she would be better at running the company if she could take it away from the chairman but even that would be like placing a temporary band aid on the problem. Eventually she is going to die and she will have to hand the company over to her son and if by that time he hasn’t improved it will be the same thing. Also let’s be honest the guy had a few years to improve his game but he still hasn’t so I doubt that he can do so at this point. It is for that reason why his wife should be more important to back him up. Suk Joon on the other hand has demonstrated that even on his own he is far more resourceful than his brother so his choice of wife wouldn’t make that much difference. Sure a wife with more powerful backing would certainly help.

Sorry that I have to end my post here for the time being. taking medication at the moment that has me starting to feel drowsy. So will end it here for now. Hope to read all of your posts and thoughts for this drama. So till then take care all of you and keep posting.

what did chingus think of old man scrooge? I had mixed reaction as some of his points are valid but some not so. so he does have a point that parents need to think of themselves as well. here, in my place, we have situations where parents spend their entire life savings on education but don't bother to build a retirement nest egg assuming the kids will take care of them. for a variety of different reasons, the kids may not pick up the tab. either they are unable to or they don't want. or if they do, there can be lots of resentment and family divisions that result as a rise of expenses. so something that is discussed more these days is the need for parents to be financially independent in their old age. this means, not splurging everything on education if they can't afford it.... on the other hand, what exactly was he saving for? when was he going to live?

in regards to his wife's cancer treatment, my first reaction was whether it was terminal. this is a personal choice but I have known and heard of many terminally ill patients choose quality of life through pain meds rather than opt for treatment (chemo/radiation) as it will not make much of a difference to them anyway. so making it seem like it was just a matter of money seemed a bit too much of a simplification as this is something far more nuanced for patients and families.

anyways, just random thoughts on a one off character.

I like that suk joon is smart. not stupid. sometimes with clingy second leads, you want to roll at your eyes that the lead does not see it but suk joon is not like that. he just puts eun joo in place. by the way, are people watching this drama but not finding things to comment on? ^_^ looking forward to the makeover. hope it is a good one!

@LmanglaI was watching every now and then but for the past two weeks, I'm watching daily. People comment a lot when they're rooting for their Idol or feel so much angst about the drama, they just want to vent. or yell back at the writer - umm, director - umm as @kiefshi1056 has done.

Eun Joo -  she really has it bad for Suk Joon. But she is not his type like a taboo or a virus. No, no. He should wear a garlic necklace around her maybe then she will back off.  And she ain't having Sul Joons' brother as her only choice. She'd rather brush her teeth in toilet water. The bad guys in most melodramas are always one step ahead of the good guys and get away with their misdeeds. Eun Joo schemes and tries to get the upper hand on Pil Jung but only ends up wearing egg on her face in the end.

Suk Joon is finally getting to know Pil Jung and is changing the way he sees her. Judging by the preview for ep33, doesn't look like we'll see that wow makeover soon. Thanks to her sister who probably took her mini skirt outfit and to Eun Joo and her scheming. Wonder when that egg will land on her face. We'll see. Ep 33 raw will be out in a few hours.  SJ gave kiddo and his classmates a lesson on how nothing in life is free otherwise it is stealing. Then the writer had to interject it to us, the viewers. Suk Joon says as an example; goes something like this, people should pay to watch their shows from the proper website and not get free from illegals. That's stealing!

looks like PJ handsome blind date was looking for a sugar mama.

@tulip06 First of all I want to thank you for the clarification of the dogs gender.

@Lmangla I am still here for the time being. As you must have noticed I tend to ramble on to long so I prefer to write as few posts as possible so that people don’t get tired of reading them and totally skip them. though the reason why people may have reduced the number of posts maybe because while the show was initially interesting especially when it came to the plotting and scheming of the other party (especially with Joker bumbling all the way) the show is slowing down so that the characters get to know each other. This means we get to see less of the evil plots. Basically the real draw of the show. Not that the show is bad or boring in anyway. Might tell people to even skip a few episodes as they won’t be actually missing anything. Also due to this I feel that watchers might not have much to discuss per episode but on other things such as you mentioned Scrooge in your previous post as a topic for discussion.

So let’s start with getting into that.

Spoiler

First of all, you brought up the point that he made about how parents tend to invest everything in their kids’ education even when they can’t afford it and thus by the end of the day they don’t have anything for their little retirement fund and have to depend on the kids to take care of them after they grow up. The kids though might not be willing due to reasons and may even hold a bit of resentment for doing so. I understand where this comes from since I have personally witnessed this bit in my family. (Uncles to be more exact)

My uncle had to leave his job for reasons. He then decided to use what he had saved up to start a business but he made a few mistakes such as trying to do so in another country and that to with a shady person. Everyone tried to advise my uncle that he was making a mistake by trusting the Shady Person and told him that it was fine to keep him close as a family acquaintance and all but not to involve him in a business relationship. But my uncle refused to heed the advice thinking that he had the edge since he was from the States does it would be hard to pull the wool over his eyes. Unfortunately, he suffered because of this (heck we even had a scene from all these dramas how characters try to commit fraud at the company and all. Could probably make a drama episode out of it). this resulted in him asking the family for a bail out. The family did what they could but his eldest (and only son) refused to aid his dad as he claimed that while he had the financial funds to do so he couldn’t as he had his own family to take care of. But he was pressurized by the other family adults to help his dad as that was his duty and whatnot. Finally, he gave in to the demands. The aftereffects didn’t hit immediately but they affected him since he ended up getting separated from his wife who took their kids with her. As for my uncle’s business it turned out the funds were like a Band-Aid and may have saved him then but eventually he had to end it and return to the states. My cousin searched for a few jobs even in the middle east before finally divorcing his wife and getting remarried and then shortly also returned to the states. Not sure how the families are now since I hear a bit of different stories every now and again. Instead of staying in touch with family I am sadly more focused on watching my K-Dramas and posting here. Not a good family member.

Now as to why parents may decide to invest it all in the kids’ education is because they may see it as their own investment in the future. The better their child’s education the better the chance that they will get a better job in the future. Especially when you consider that that the competitive nature of society is making it harder to get a job on what a person previously had etc.. Also this is me quoting a line from the movie The Lion King (technically it is from a song but why get so literal) “It’s The Circle Of Life” which could also apply to the parents’ choice to invest in their kids and hope that they take care of them in the future. When the kids are born they are totally helpless and can’t take care of themselves. They depend of their parents to feed and clothe them and take them to the doctors when they are ill etc.. When they grow up this eases the burden on the parents a bit as the kids can do most of these things on their own. But eventually a time comes when the parents themselves become too old to look after themselves. They are now too feeble to walk and have a harder time to walk or start forgetting things just to name a few. At this point they feel that the circle should be completed and just as they took care of their kids when they couldn’t the kids should now do the same for them. Naturally as you pointed out not every kid is able to meet those requirements such as due to their own families and whatnot. Some try to pass of this duty by sending their parents to an old peoples care home where they feel that the parents will be better taken care of and as they won’t remember who they are due to their fading memoires it won’t make much of a difference to them in the long run of whether or not they are there every day or not. This is me making a lot of assumptions so I may very well be wrong and I am certainly not judging anyone over here or there.

Now as to Scrooge himself do have a few issues with him but since that is his character and nature can’t help it. You brought up the fact that his wife died due to cancer and whether or not her condition was terminal or not which would make all the difference in the world so just calling it a matter of money is over simplifying the situation. I feel that I might have to disagree over here. From what I hear from some people is that even non terminal cancer if not treated can eventually become terminal. Do not spending money to root out the problem is clearly on his head if it was non terminal at that time. As for it being terminal he would have probably justified that since there was no hope either way why spend money on treatment that wouldn’t work or just delay the outcome. Yes, it is true that some people might be willing to have a quality of life via pain meds and all because they know that treatment can be equally painful and is only delaying the inevitable. But the question is whether he would be willing to shell out that much money even. One might say that since the wife knew about her husband’s nature she might have not forced him into getting those treatments/meds since she knew that he wouldn’t do it anyway. Again the fault is on his own head where he values money more than human life.

Also further watching his scenes we know just what kind of person he is. He only permitted his kids to finish high school and then the first thing that he did was sell of his daughter into marriage and got his son working at one of his jobs as a manager. I know that some of you may think me saying that he sold of his daughter is a bit harsh. Probably is but we have to ask why would he get his daughter married as soon as she completed high school. Well going by his nature it is clear that he was unwilling to spend any more on his kids than necessary and by getting her married she was now somebody else’s problem and he didn’t have to take care of her anymore. As for his son getting a managerial position does anyone think that he was doing him a favour. I would say probably not. If I read him properly it was him probably trying to save money by doing so. If he hired somebody else as a manager, he would have to pay him for his time as service. With his son it becomes a different matter altogether since he can better control the situation such as probably paying him less than what he would pay a normal manager. Assuming that he even paid him in the first place. For instance, he could only be paying him on paper but taking the salary for himself or something along those lines.

Regardless nobody who would live with him would have a happy life. (perhaps the daughter is living a much better life now that she is married). After all, according to him the way he saved all his money was by not spending on anything that he wanted or liked just the bare necessities. That means a wife who may think that she would live comfortably or even purchase things like clothes or so would be in for a major shock. But what Scrooge doesn’t seem to realize is that him hoarding all this wealth is going to do him no good in the end. Eventually he is going to die after all he is only human. He can’t take all the wealth that he has hoarded into the afterlife with him. This means that his kids will end up receiving all his wealth as his beneficiaries or his wife if he remarries unless he plans on donating it all for some worthy cause. Basically hoarding does him no good. So the rainy day that you mentioned better come quickly.

Now on to the drama itself. Nice to see Suk Joon better seeing the rest of the family as proper humans and even willing to help out when and where he can such as rescuing Minho from those bullies and trying to help Pill Jung to find a potential rich husband by taking her to that venue. Though I do have to wonder just how much of his doing all that is intentional and the rest being planned. After all he knows that to get them to settle with him he needs to not only get in Pill Jungs good books but also those around her so that they can help convince her to settle and move on. He knows that she values her kids quite high so it makes sense for him wanting to help Minho out of his little predicament. See the first thing that he did after he rescued him was ask him for a favour to ask his mother to set up a bidet in the toilet. Were his intentions actually pure or was he simply using it to his advantage to help him down the lane. Also him trying to set up Pill Jung with a rich husband could be so that she would owe him one and thus sign away for the settlement if she was successful. Even if she didn’t do it right of the bat he could then try and further convince her that since she was now married she would move into her husband’s place so she wouldn’t need her current house and if she was worried about her mother she could simply ask her rich husband to purchase a new house for her thus the problem would be solved and both sides would end up benefiting and winning from this situation. We all know that won’t happen but that might be what he was thinking or he genuinely has started to see her problems and wants to help her out.

Today’s episode we get to see the function where we know things aren’t going to go as planned. In a manner of speaking while we know that her sister taking her clothes was wrong it also opened up the chance where she ends up getting selected to be the model for the show. I pretty much had that feeling when she ended up there and thought that the official model might end up getting injured and they would need a sudden solution where she would be selected. Though in this case the model couldn’t make it. Regardless we all know how this is going to turn out.

Vixen is going to end up sabotaging the event somehow. Perhaps have her locked in the dressing room and blame it on her for being unprofessional and all. A risky move on her part but a careful plot at the same time as well. Clearly she had planned for the model not showing up and suggested an alternative to the model/announcer to select someone from the public as this would give them better reviews and thus sales. Unfortunately, she didn’t count on Pill Jung showing up and that to being selected since she was wearing ordinary clothes. This means that she has to get rid of her rival using any means necessary. Yes, the company might get a bit embarrassed with the stunt that she pulls but she feels that it may all be worth it in the long run. What she doesn’t realize is that this will suddenly make her a better candidate for Joker as marriage material.

Joker may initially get mad that the show was interrupted and all and that he became embarrassed due to the stunt that she pulled (doubtful that he will initially know that it was due to her). Especially since this is a big deal for him. But then Cruella most likely is going to turn it to their advantage perhaps with a little egging from Vixen. It will be pointed out that the person that messed up was actually Suk Joon’s guest and that means that he should be held responsible for this and for bringing such a guest and all. Furthermore, even if it is discovered that Vixen was behind the stunt they will think that she was doing it all to help Joker and him getting the company position by making Suk Joon look bad or she may decide to spin it like that. Also as I pointed out her main intent would be to simply get rid of her rival. Since the others don’t know this they may start to think positively of her as DiL material.

On a side note I wonder just what has the chairman on edge with his wife in recent episodes. He has been asking her if she has anything to tell him. Also it seems like he plans on implementing some plan (most likely to get Suk Joon in the company perhaps even taking Vixen’s suggestion into consideration). People might suspect that he secretly decided to check up on Suk Joon’s progress and discovered that Kim Book Soon is still alive and that he is no living with her. He then correctly assumed that his wife must have been the one responsible for covering up the fact and that she made it appear that she was dead. He is merely being quiet because this is his chance of letting Suk Joon spend time with his mother. probably also why he was curious as to how the old woman in that house was doing. But somehow I feel all this to be highly unlikely. It is after all too early for him especially to discover the truth. Also even if he did would he be okay with having her leave that house or have a confrontation with her. No I suspect that there is another reason why he is currently angry with her at the moment. Just can’t seem to figure it out. But then when are those two exactly satisfied with each other these days.

Also I would say that we should expect Suk Joon’s fiancée to make an appearance any day soon since she is being mentioned a lot. I would have assumed that she would be a special guest at the function but I guess that isn’t the case. Still she might be especially called back to Korea by Cruella to cause further problems in the family so that they would all be distracted by her next moves to take over the company. Plus her return will also give Vixen a chance to set her up against Pill Jung as she will make it appear that she is a gold digger trying to steal her man and all. Regardless of the result Suk Joon is still not going to fall for her and the sooner that she realizes it the better.

She is after all trying to do her best to paint Pill Jung in a negative light by even revealing the reason why Pill Jung even got fired in the first place from her teaching job. Fortunately, he isn’t buying that but I do wonder did she even think this through. I mean not a lot of people know that she was fired for this reason. The only people that do know are teachers at different schools that she applied for and that to because they did their research on her. (or part of it) Therefore if he were to confront her with this she would know that there could only be a handful of people that he could hear it from. Also since she knows just what kind of person Vixen is she would automatically figure out that person must have been her. In retaliation (if she was that type of person) she could end up revealing all of Vixen’s dirty laundry to him. The exact thing that she fears.

Still I wouldn’t say that the main leads are going to have smooth sailings between them even when the become a couple because they have personal history between them even if they are currently unaware of it. this namely being the death of her husband. Granted he was murdered by the machinations of Cruella and all but he was the primary suspect. Also even if she didn’t get along with her husband due to the abuse that she received at his hands he was still her husband. Something that could be seen at his funeral and how she tried to demand justice for him. This means that at some point he is going to need to have his name cleared. This serves two purposes. Firstly, he gets to be with her and secondly his eyes are finally opened to the person that his stepmother actually is so that he won’t feel so guilty when he decides to wash his hands of her and perhaps also use this as a reason to get her to step down from her position at the company. She also needs to have her name cleared from the charges that she has been set up with because they are holding her back from getting a job that she wants and likes. Temporary jobs at let’s say his company are one thing and probably a necessity for her but not what she wants. She was the happiest when she was teaching and with her kids. She currently is just half the person that she used to be. Though I do wonder how each reveal is going to take place. Perhaps the Secretary Kim incident is going to turn up when they discover that she was married to him and that Minho is related to them by blood and they want to take him back for whatever reason.

Finally, I wonder who will be the next person to actually discover that Kim Book Soon is Suk Joon’s biological mother. I would wager that it would be Vixen as that is a Second Female Leads specialty. We also know that she will decide to keep this information for herself. She may initially decide to reveal it to him hoping to get in his good books but he will as usual refuse to do anything to do with her. At this point she will be like fine then may you never find out who your real mother is. She may then decide to use this information to get in with Joker by pointing out that they are all in the same boat since they share this secret. Thus Cruella might be forced to accept her. Though she is already leaning towards this and if I correctly guess her latest stunt at the fashion show will already help her a lot.

Anyway got to go for the time being. waiting for the next episode all. So keep posting and take care.

thats true @yamiyugi, @brooksmom, without the evil plots, there is less to vent and post about. the show is interesting but not much to comment on as the characters are in the getting to know each other phase. hopefully, we will get more plotting soon and it will pick up. for a change, am enjoying the slow pacing of the drama as well.

12 minutes ago, yamiyugi said:

On a side note I wonder just what has the chairman on edge with his wife in recent episodes. He has been asking her if she has anything to tell him.

I think he heard or figured out that she was behind the bank stopping/delaying the loan. that was my assumption.

All hail the matchmaker lady! Reality check them darn kids.

Gosh I feeling old when they started throwing a strop when she was telling them she giving up I actually found myself saying to the tv, oh ffs, when are you gonna start teaching them some manners...kmt.  

Anyhoos PJ is now a woman in SJ eyes..... so one more step towards a fluttering heart so guess not a bad episode. Glad they didn't over do the make over. Just enough to get her noticed. EJ stressing about PJ is awesome. Let her too on keep helping to make him the boss....only for him to still not want her. Wonder what's gonna make her switch sides? 

Urgh Cruella uping her game next episode eeekkk...... Gosh I hope she gets some jail time.

21 minutes ago, Leila Essalih said:

I  think he will be forced to marry PJ to run from his fiancée .it will be a contarcted marriage

oooh that might be an interesting plot twist; am wondering if it will be a situation where folks misunderstand their living together and see it as an affair? so they are sort of forced to make it real?

1 hour ago, tas82 said:

Urgh Cruella uping her game next episode eeekkk.

yea, it should be fun to watch; hopefully, it will be really madennign and more people will comment. kekekek...

but I liked the makeover wasn't some real gasp out moment. yea, he saw her as a woman but it was not like his heart was beating fast or anything like that. they just had a cute smile at each other. poor pil jeong when she was feeling so deflated at yet another blind date where she feels like she is just a bad catch. not fun feelings at all. but yea, good that she told her kids that she was moving on. the matchmaker scene was both funny and a good reality check for the kids. they need to see their situation as is.

now that eun joo and suk joon are going to be working together, it feels like eun joo is going to get more aggressive. she will not stop trying to make moves on suk joon. maybe more will comment as she annoys them as well? ^_^

A few thoughts:

Today, I felt bad for Cruella. She is let down by her family at every turn and is stuck with a husband she doesn’t like, and who in turn did not accept he married for greed,  but who cheated instead, which is ew because disease and no condoms.  No wonder she is bitter and mean.  I am rooting for her to kill the husband. I don’t mind if she ends up in jail, but she should have the satisfaction of murdering the greedy cheater with bad teeth.

The younger sister was too perky and greedy; she was so greedy as she looked at the shopping bag, and today, she was all boobs and shiny skin.  It was a bit cheap.  But maybe that’s the actress’s amazing acting?

SJ: just breakup. There is no good time.  But after someone’s parent's death is the worst time.

The little girl was so cute! Seriously, those cheeks! I just want to pinch them. 

Finally, no Jumbok. How annoying.

@brooksmom I am unsure how I missed reading your comment and liking it. So the first thing that I do after finishing posting this is going to do that. LoL your description of Vixen as a vampire and how Suk Joon should do to ward of her approaches to him. Though are we sure that she is a Vampire since she can clearly walk in the daytime. Perhaps she is a Daywalker like Blade so she has all of their strengths but none of their weakness so Garlic probably wouldn’t be as effective as you suggested. Perhaps she is a Werewolf and she likes him for his extremely desirable smell. A good shot of Silver should easily solve this problem since he could afford it. Not sure how many other supernatural creatures could fit her bill though, but let’s add them one by one to make this thread more amusing.

Now on to other parts of the drama itself.

Spoiler

@Lmangla thanks for pointing out that the chairman was so mad at his wife for discovering her involvement in the bank incident. You were correct as usual. I guess one of the reasons why that happened was because her cousin messed up by changing banks thus the bank manager realized that he owed her nothing. So points to family for messing up. She certainly has a swell life where she has to do all the dirty work to get results.

@tas82 Nope I don’t want her to face jail time. I feel that is too good for her. I would rather see her suffer in other ways by ending up all alone. After the way that she has treated people around her that seems more fitting for her. She has done everything for her son to inherit the company that is her goal but if she can’t do that then it should be punishment enough and if the son takes the fall for her crimes as well then she will have to live with that guilt. But we all know how this show is probably going to end up with. Villains are hardly ever punished. They tend to get away with a slap on their wrists. So we might very well see that she and Kim Book Soon mend their differences and become actual friends where Kim Book Soon might even start to thank her for looking after her son for all those years and whatnot. She might even apologize to her for the affair etc..

@tulip06 I really didn’t notice much difference between the sister in the latest episode as you pointed out. She seemed the same as how she did from her first appearance. Perhaps I need to find a better quality video to notice said differences. Though I will agree that she certainly was eyeing that bag of her sisters with a bit of desire. I do agree with you that Suk Joon should break up with his fiancée as soon as possible even if it ends up hurting her before everybody turns into a fool. Though judging by the latest conversation that they had it seems like the chairman probably told her dad that the engagement was off but her dad too didn’t have the heart to let her know about this. So it seems like the parents are mostly at fault over here for the time being. After all it is his dad that has convinced him to hold out on telling her at the moment. But if the cancer is terminal it might be best as you pointed out to let her know before her mother’s death.

Also I not feeling a bit of pity for Cruella. Sure she had a bad marriage where her husband cheated on her but I have to question just how much each party was at fault. As they say that you need two hands to clap. Each person is responsible for the marriage to go down. First of all, I would have to say that if the parents were unsure about their feelings they should have backed out before the marriage took place. Some say that the chairman married out of ambition and that she probably married him because she had no real choice and had to go with her father’s choice since she has a female back then didn’t have all that much power and rights. Regardless of how those two felt they should have made an effort to make the marriage work but clearly they failed in regards to that as well.

Frankly I still feel that she is the one mostly at fault over here. She is the one that always doubts her husband even when his intentions are simple. She has to twist the matter so that she feels justified in her actions or feels in power. While I certainly don’t endorse the husband’s affair I still think that there was more to the story than we are told. On top of all that she deliberately hurts others if she can attain her goals. The chairman may seem like a mean old tyrant who controls all the wealth but after careful consideration it seems like he had good reason to behave as he does.

For example, people here have wondered how he is okay with having an affair back in the day but how that isn’t okay for Joker and that he would cut him off if it discovered that he had a child through wedlock. I have stated before that he had sound basis for that. But even ignoring that for a moment I would say that him having an affair back then he knows of the consequences of having a child like that. So to prevent that he has set up that clause. On top of all that Joker has been a player for so long which probably also makes a difference. For instance, if Joker was somewhat serious in his relationships and had a long and stable one the chairman probably wouldn’t have that issue. He would also know that if Joker probably got married his wife might not be comfortable raising his kid from his previous affair so to prevent all that he sets up said clause. Also it might have turned out that all those girls that he dated weren’t upto his standard and probably were doing so to get their hands on the family wealth. He doesn’t have this clause set for Suk Joon because he lived a more sheltered life and on top of all that once he was engaged he didn’t waver and all this meant that he was safe. On one hand it may seem as discrimination between the two brothers but on the other hand it also depends on the circumstances.

On top of all this Cruella seems to derive on the pain of others. Something which is clearly not healthy. Perhaps that is the only way that her meals get digested. The only thing that I can currently see the chairman having done wrong in his marriage is his affair. The way that he treats his wife is an issue but she is just as bad in regards to that. I would say that a divorce could probably solve this problem but it seems like that won’t be easy considering that her family initially owned the company.

Speaking of that one has to sort of admire the depth of her plans to inherit the company. It isn’t simply to hand it over to her son. That is merely the first stage in her grand plan. She clearly aims to kick out the chairman next as her revenge. Since the chairman will have no power by the end of the day when he has handed the company over to Joker or has been forced to leave it due to some plot of hers. Only then will she send him the divorce papers and kick him out with nothing. She claims that she doesn’t want him to meet Suk Joon’s mother in this life time but I feel that will also change in a bit. As I have pointed out that she derives on the pain of others she might allow them to finally meet but only when she has taken everything of value from them and both of them are just empty shells of who they were. She might be willing to test out the theory that true love can conquer everything. Though if things do manage to work out between them she would find other ways to make them unhappy. Her justification would be that if I lived an unhappy life for X amount of years why should they have the satisfaction of living a happy life now.

Though I should point out that a lot of this is mere speculation on my part and as I have been proven lately my assumptions are way of the mark. I probably should attend drama school to figure out plots and whatnot. For instance, I was really expecting Vixen to find ways to sabotage the event once Pill Jung was selected. That would have been the normal way for a second female lead to behave as. She has clearly been up to date with normal K-Drama tropes to avoid that. Still the event wasn’t a total loss for Pill Jung since she managed to get a free outfit. Not that I could tell any major difference in her. Suk Joon on the other hand is clearly starting to notice her more especially since he decided to rescue her from Sleazy.

From the plotting angle I do wonder what schemes will come up next. Like I said if this was probably nearing the end or the middle I could see the following scene happening. Cruella is now getting desperate to get rid of Suk Joon because now he can easily threaten her son from taking over the company since he has gotten a post as a director. This means revealing the birth secret ASAP to slow down things and plot things anew. A good way to do that is to perhaps arrange a meeting where there is a clash down among the people involved. For instance, in the preview for today’s episode we see the following. First of all, she seems to be arranging a meeting between herself and Kim Book Soon. Next we notice that she is asking her husband about Suk Joon’s mother and if he would still be willing to meet her if she was still alive. The Chairman probably is going to deny the fact. But she knows the truth. So it could be possible that she then tells the chairman to meet her the next day at location X for something. This now would be the same location that she had arranged for meeting Kim Book Soon. Thus the two would bump into each other thinking that it was totally by chance. At this point she would confront both of them (she would deliberately enter late only after the meeting took place). Things would certainly get interesting but I know for a fact that none of this would happen anytime soon. She needs to consolidate more power before she can pull a stunt like that. She knows that she would suffer the consequences if her husband ever discovered her involvement in concealing the truth about Kim Book Soon still being alive. We all know that he has the power to cut her off from the family wealth so don’t expect this to happen today. She may initially plan on doing this but she will probably change her mind at the last moment when she realizes what she has to gain so she will find a way to call of the meeting or get one of them out before they can meet each other.

Though thanks to the preview we do discover the fact that the chairman and Kim Book Soon were from the same area. There are other questions that we do have to ask in time as well. Such as she informs Kim Book Soon how her second son is from her husband’s affair. She clearly is testing the water here and we finally get to discover if Kim Book Soon was even aware that Suk Joon’s father was married or not. Perhaps she only discovered this much later on. Come to think about it Suk Joon is also going to discover that she used to have a son. I get the feeling from this he might start to look into the matter and that he will probably be egged on by Cruella and Joker to do that. They might try and point out that the son should be the true owner of the land and not Pill Jung since she isn’t related to Kim Book Soon by blood. Also she might have done something so that the son wouldn’t be aware of his rights and whatnot. This will get him to search for the son only to discover that the missing son is himself. Joker after all doesn’t want him to leave that house and return. He probably hopes that Suk Joon will want to remain there for whatever reason. Such as not wanting to face his dad for having an affair (and perhaps even hurting Cruella’s feelings) or that he would want to know his real mother better.

The contract marriage idea between Suk Joon and Pill Jung that some of you have brought up certainly seems interesting. While I have certainly seen this trope happen in K-Dramas I don’t think that I have ever witnessed it in a daily. Usually things like this happen in the 2 days a week episode. I may be wrong so do correct me. Might try out said dramas for a change.

The best part of yesterday’s episode for me had to be the part where Shark is informing Joker about Suk Joon’s promotion and congratulating him (Joker) about his own promotion and is totally surprised why this news has gotten Joker all riled up. Until it has to be explained to him why this is bad news and what the chairman is actually planning. The look on his face is a blast during all this.

Anyway I have to go now. Power Failure so better post it now before the net also crashes. Till then take care all of you and let’s see what new plots these characters come up with.

okay, this was certainly an interesting episode. who was it that suggested that shark secretary will have some birth secret. was it @tas82 @yamiyugi? well it looks like secretary ha will have an interesting journey of his own. so he is looking for a sibling but it is unclear even to him whether it is an older sister or a younger brother. makes you wonder what that means for the characters already here. ideas chingus?

and while watching this episode, had a weird idea. what if there was no affair and suk joon is actually adopted? so cruella is quizzing chairman and he says that bok soon and himself grew up in the same town and knew each other. when they meet up in seoul, she was "going through some stuff". that prompts cruella to ask if that is how the affair began and he just gets annoyed. in one of the early episodes when bok soon and pil jeong were just neighbours, she told her that pil jeong was doing a far better than her and admired her for hanging in with the child. she said that she was unable to and gave up. so what if she was going through a bad marriage something similar to pil jeong? chairman thought she died of some heart disease. perhaps she was really sick? and was preparing to leave him in an orphanage and he offered to adopt him instead??

and vixen takes the cake. doesn't she hear suk joon say 'no, not interested' at all? has she never been rejected? she seems to think she is so pretty that no man will be able to resist her. it almost feels like suk joon ran to pick up min ji as being around eun joo and suk hwan at the same time was so uncomfortable. now that eun joo knows the birth secret with suk joon, what do you think she will do? will she shift her focus to suk hwan as he is a better prospect? or still to her plan of conquering suk joon as she wants a competent man? chingus what do you think? - @tulip06 @brooksmom @joccu @tas82 @Leila Essalih @kiefshi1056 @UnniSarah @0ly40.....

Archived