[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

This show just promises shenanigans upon shenanigans. Interesting. I’m really enjoying it. As for the fraud look regarding the house, when they are living as family, it shouldn’t look as fraud. But they should have done an adoption as well.

I think EJ is giving up on SJ. He has been clear, and she is smart. And she is taking advice. She is not the sort to hang on to a man.  But will EJ be able to stand sleeping with SK? I know I would run and throw up.

SK is not going to be her only problem, She is going to have the mother law from hell to deal with also, A snake is snake the three of them deserve each other , Their little plan to rid themselves of SJ is going to backfire bigtime.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blame lies squarely with Pil Jung and a bit with nan and aunt as they seem to always stop her when she does try to discipline. She raised a spoilt brat. They've over compensated for the situation i.e. financial hardship and dad's death by letting him get away with so much that he's now an entitled little brat.  The need to to check him soon before he tasks that attitude to high school. He's old enough to understand certain things is about time they enlighten him. 

Also for a place were there many kids in orphanages with living parents many off whom are raising kids with "new" families it's good that we the viewers know that he isn't even her husbands kid and here she is putting up with all this nonsense. She could have easily abandoned him. However at same time they showing this ridiculousness of this your MUST have dad mentality. He was and abusive twat when he was around and her visit to the hospital further highlighted it as doctor mention all the old fractures that PJ has. The ridiculous nature of it is there for all us to see yet at same time still seems to be selling the kool aid as its seems to be strongly pushing the she must marry so her family is successful especially with how they show little Min Ji's perspective. What are they trying to sell here?

I agree with what some of you guys have said. Cruella was always evil chairman's affair and resultant love child pushed her fully over to the dark side. Her overconfidence will be her down fall. Cause people like the secretary and later EJ (she 'll help to further her own cause and get in Cruella's good books or spitefuly marry SH either way she'll end up on their side) always take out insurance policies. Plus the one person who would have battled for her with his last breathe she's demonised and now pushed to a place where he'll discover what a proper family bonds are and what motherly love is. SH will throw her under the bus as she's raised him to be spinless and as she never truly raised SJ he'll gladly turn his back on her but with some leniency.

suk joon was really sneaky with the way he got into the house. ha! pil jeong finally had to give up when her sister simply admitted that she took the deposit as she wants to get started on the restaurant. pil jeong promises to pay it back but her sister points out the obvious -- they don't have the funds and it is not going to be possible for her to pay it back any time soon. if she is opening the restaurant, how will her and tae woo still end up interacting? obviously, they are a pairing...

I’m excited, tomorrow is another episode!

On 6/7/2020 at 8:23 AM, Lmangla said:

suk joon was really sneaky with the way he got into the house. ha! pil jeong finally had to give up when her sister simply admitted that she took the deposit as she wants to get started on the restaurant. pil jeong promises to pay it back but her sister points out the obvious -- they don't have the funds and it is not going to be possible for her to pay it back any time soon. if she is opening the restaurant, how will her and tae woo still end up interacting? obviously, they are a pairing...

Soon Jeong may finish her internship to save that money too.

okay, seok joon is being silly; he lost the dog because he didn't take the dog to england and instead left it with seok hwan who he knew was not going to care anyway. now after 7 years, he wants the dog back? ummm, right. and why is there only one bathroom in a house with so many rooms? :sweatingbullets: kind of strange they expect a lodger to share the family's bathroom ... and is suk koon pranking pil jeong now with his requests for breakfast and dinner? does anyone else think eun joo is going to end up with no brother? she seems to be bent on chasing after seok joon and is not paying any attention to seok hwan. and why is she so desperate to move seok joon from pil jeong's house? it is not like these two are dating? what does she think will happen? ^_^

14 hours ago, Lmangla said:

okay, seok joon is being silly; he lost the dog because he didn't take the dog to england and instead left it with seok hwan who he knew was not going to care anyway. now after 7 years, he wants the dog back? ummm, right. and why is there only one bathroom in a house with so many rooms? :sweatingbullets: kind of strange they expect a lodger to share the family's bathroom ... and is suk koon pranking pil jeong now with his requests for breakfast and dinner? does anyone else think eun joo is going to end up with no brother? she seems to be bent on chasing after seok joon and is not paying any attention to seok hwan. and why is she so desperate to move seok joon from pil jeong's house? it is not like these two are dating? what does she think will happen? ^_^

She scared that he sordid past will be revealed. Then he won't want anything to do with her, not even Seok Hwan will want her. I do hope she ends up with nothing.  They also need to hurry up and explain her obsessions with Pil Jeong. She turning into a stalker.

Yeah he's being ridiculous about the dog, 7 years is a long time The little girl had literally grown up with that dog.

14 hours ago, tas82 said:

She scared that he sordid past will be revealed. Then he won't want anything to do with her, not even Seok Hwan will want her. I do hope she ends up with nothing.  They also need to hurry up and explain her obsessions with Pil Jeong. She turning into a stalker.

that makes a lot of sense; she seems to see seok joon as some sort of mountain to be conquered. liked how he just dismisses her at every turn and can't be bothered.

am enjoying seeing how childish seok joon is with his elaborate demands. caught between a giggle and eye roll at him wanting a steak for dinner. kekekek... it is funny because pil jeong is just as childish and is able to give it back to him. the two children seem to be still kids as they think that getting a new dad is like a getting a new toy. guess yu kyung is going to really fall in love with running because of pil jeong. will she try to hook up pil jeong with her doctor dad? and can understand soon jeong's exasperation with tae woo -- who borrows money and then does not give it back? he does come across like a freeloader that needs a push to return the money. did enjoy that small conversation between seok joon and pil jeong where he asked why she lied about having a husband. he seems to think of her as a strong woman as he thinks she is doing just fine on her own. mom is seriously cruella -- why is she trying to be friends with ok boon? she gives me the creeps!

SJ really has a petty mean side. I get he loves Leon, but he is the one who was ultimately responsible for leaving him behind and getting him lost and abandoned. He could have left Leon in quarantine for 6 months and then had 6.5 years with him in a country where he could have taken him nearly everywhere: the United Kingdom! And then got him an EU passport! A smart kid like him could have done that much research. 

And to treat a little girl who grew up with a dog like that is so mean. He’s definitely no saint. I am not liking him much, and not caring as much when the stepmother and brother bully him.

WoW just when you thought that characters can’t get any meaner and vindictive we are proven how wrong we can be. I don’t think that any other show can even come close to the dynamic duo of evil over here. Unless someone else can suggest another show. What are your thoughts regarding this?

Let’s get into this and see if you agree with my observations.

Spoiler

We have Witch who is extremely cold towards Suk Joon. While unfair it can still be given a pass since he is merely her stepchild and one that she never wanted in the first place. We all know that she clearly prizes incompetence over everything else and thus only cares for her own child. But if one thought that her cruel nature ends at that they are sorely mistaken.

She then discovers that her rival is still alive and not only does her best so that her husband can’t reunite with her but also leads him to believe that she died by faking her rival’s death certificate and takes great pleasure in her husband’s suffering. She will probably try and justify her actions as trying to protect her marriage. Now in the latest episode she bumps into Suk Joon’s biological mother and pretends to befriend her. @Lmangla you wondered what she gains by that. Well let me tell you what she does in a bit because her sadistic ways are still not done.

For the final icing on the cake she arranges it so that Suk Joon moves into Pill Jungs house to discover why they have no intention of dealing with their company and to resolve them matter by making them accept the compensation and finally move out from there so that their company can progress with their project. Does she want Suk Joon to fail so that he looks bad when he is unable to do so and thus make her son look good and competent in return. Does she want him to discover that Kim Book Soon is his biological mother? Sure all those are part of her evil master plan but knowing her nature to inflict emotional pain I feel that there is more at play over here.

So the question that we need to ask here is what are her goals. In a manner of speaking she still wins even if Suk Joon makes the family accept the company compensation. Sure it won’t be ideal since he managed to accomplish something that the others couldn’t do. But then she will break it to both him and the family the birth secret. This will be her revenge and victory at the same time. Suk Joon will always feel guilty that he hurt his biological mother and kicked her out of her house perhaps by tricking her and all. As for his mother she will be equally hurt that she had to move out of her house because of her biological son and that neither of them could recognize each other.

Now to @Lmangla query about her wanting to befriend his biological mother. Clearly she is doing that on purpose and pretending to be friends. Her intent is to hurt her again. She won’t simply do this by revealing the birth secret to her. That won’t be enough revenge for her. She likes to see people suffer in pain. So what she is going to do is give indirect hints hoping that the mother picks them up. This may be done in the form of stories that will remind the mother of her own stories (since she will be changing slight details so as not to give up the game). Perhaps if she still doesn’t get the idea I assume that her next step would be to try and get invited over to their place and get the baby blanket out and place it in an area that the mother is sure to find and recognize. There might be other plans to get what she wants after this. For instance, if the family still refuses to sell the place and move out I feel like she will try and guilt trip the mother into doing so.

She may be forced to reveal to Kim Book Soon her real identity but tell her how making this deal is real important for Suk Joon. Add in that the company is suffering because of it and that if this fails that he would have to take the fall. Thus if Kim Book Soon considers him as her son she should help him out and do atleast one thing to help him as her son to make up for not being there for all these years and behave like a mother should. Causing conflict between the family members. Kim Book Soon might agree to her terms but in return not to let Suk Joon ever discover that she is his actual mother. She might agree to this if it suits her purpose or as I mentioned earlier reveal to everyone once the deal is signed. I doubt that anyone can do anything at that point. Therefore, I am hoping that the house sale never goes through.

This brings up the company and its financial situation. They are certainly in a bad position but it can still be salvaged. She is merely trying to force everyone to get desperate at this point by forcing the banks to not sign over the loan and promising them better customers in return. Another sign of how cruel she can get.

Now on to Shark. Does anyone else feel that he missed his true calling to become a secretary or Joker’s right hand man. After all he is no Harley Quin. What he should have become is a NIS Agent. That is a better fit for him. He has access to thugs to do criminal and dirty work such as threatening and intimidating people and if need be even kill them. Not only this but he can even install phone tapping software to listen to peoples conversations. He certainly gets points for resourcefulness. How many people wonder if he has successfully managed to install the same software on either Witch or Jokers phones to know about their plans and all so that he can use that later on to blackmail them in the future or use it as a safety net. If he has done that then it would most likely be Joker since he would be dumb enough to let it happen.

@Lmangla you wondered why Vixen would want Suk Joon to leave Pill Jungs house. Well I would say that there are probably two reasons for that. The first one would be as @tas82 suggested she doesn’t want him to discover her sordid past since that would make him lose all interest in her. The second reason also follows a simple K-Drama Trope.

This being that she clearly has Suk Joon as her mark to Upgrade Her Life and all. She is afraid to lose her so called meal ticket. In this case her fear is that the longer that he stays with Pill Jung is that he will eventually develop feelings for her and want to be with her. She clearly views Pill Jung as her rival even if she doesn’t want to admit that since it hurts her pride and ego. To this day she has it for Pill Jung for stealing their teachers’ affection away from her. Not even caring just how wrong such a relationship would even be back then. Not surprising since she was more than willing to have an affair a few years back and all. So to this day she seems to be in a one sided competition with Pill Jung. Not sure if Pill Jung got to her by telling her that she beat her in life by not only getting married but also having two kids as well. if any of those things are there to get her jealous then it makes sense that she would want to be married to Suk Joon first and will find ways to blame Pill Jung if he falls for her. When it isn’t even her fault after all he was never interested in her in the first place.

Pretty much what none of the second female leads never seem to get. That no matter what if for all those years the male lead never saw them as a woman and just a friend that it wouldn’t have mattered if the female lead came into the picture or not they still wouldn’t have fallen for them. it simply is better to cut their losses and move on. In this case she still has a better shot at getting a rich husband by marrying Joker.

Speaking of the name Joker I actually find it amusing that I got a nickname correct of sorts in a show. The writer actually nicknamed one of their characters that. It just is that they instead named the male lead as his gaming name. I guess I get points for atleast being partially close. Then again if this was an exam then that means no point for me. LoL

Speaking of Suk Joon and Minho they turn out to be gaming buddies. Now they just need to discover that themselves and how that will turn their relationship in the future. Though I guess when he marries Pill Jung those two will have something in common and bond over it well. infact speaking of marriage it will probably also resolve the little dog problem as well since it gets to stay with both families. This way they all get a win win situation. Minji already approves of him since he is handsome. Now Minho needs to discover that he is rich so that he can give in his stamp of approval. Convincing Pill Jung though will be an entirely different story and it is equally understandable why she doesn’t want to get married at this point. I just wish that the kids were more understanding of her position.

Minho seems to have changed a lot since he grew up. Initially he was okay with his mother not marrying since he remembered his father’s abuse towards them all but now he wants a rich dad just so that he can get a leg up in his studies. He knows about his family’s financial difficulties yet he wants to sign up for all those extra classes.

@Lmangla Glad to hear that Yu Kyung is actually starting to like running and all. Probably because it helps her get so tired that she simply doesn’t have the energy to think about her own problems. But still I doubt that she will try and set up Pill Jung with her dad. Not sure how old the uncle is but he is clearly older than Vixen who is supposedly the same age as Pill Jung. I get it that people think that there should be no borders when it comes to love but this might not be right here or whatever. Regardless neither is going to go for it over here so we have nothing to worry about.

Now moving on to the fact that we finally discover the reason why Yu Kung returned to Korea to live with her dad. Apparently her mother just gave birth to a son and she feels that both her mother and stepfather aren’t showing her any attention because of her brother and everyone seems to be up in smoke about it. Uh clearly babies need more attention than adults since they can’t take care of themselves. It is common sense but none of them seem to get it. She probably has a bad impression of stepparents at this point. She really needs to get introduced to Pill Jung and her family and see how some people not even related by blood can be a much better family. On top of discovering the fact that she has a stepson yet doesn’t discriminate between him and her own daughter. This will probably be the key to mend the bridges that she has with her mother.

@Lmangla the first drama that I watched with the actress of Vixen in it that is exactly what happened. She didn’t end up with either brother as well. she dumps the main lead to marry up. She then marries into a rich family only to end up getting divorced by the end. It also turns out that the man that she married was the main leads elder brother. She probably got her Karma over there so she will have the same thing happen over here eventually. As for Suk Joon wanting his dog back after seven years is no real surprise. The guy loved his dog because he was the only real companion that he had. Didn’t seem like he had any friends back then apart from his fiancée. Sure he left the dog behind when he went to England for his studies but he hoped that his brother would be responsible enough to take care of it. Also it wasn’t like he totally forgot about Leon even then. We know according to him that he occasionally called home and each time he inquired about Leon’s condition. Joker would lie to him each time that he was doing fine. Had he known the truth that Leon was missing he would have probably caught the next available flight home to search for him. That was the real reason why Joker never told him the truth. Yes, he could have taken Leon with him to England but he probably couldn’t take care of him on his own over there. Before the incident he would make occasional trips back home to check up on Leon but he had people look after him during that time. This might not have been feasible in England. Plus, we also know that one time he had to go to the area where Vixen was. Leaving the poor dog alone might not have been possible then. So in other words he probably thought that leaving him in Korea would have been for the best. Can’t say that he abandoned him as well. but that is a matter of perspective. Speaking of marriage sure he will get the dog back but then he better cut down on his affection time with him otherwise Pill Jung can simply kick him out of their room and tell him to sleep in the lounge with his first love.

We also discover a few things about the chairman. Apparently he was a Player according to Witch. On top of all this he was the one that got a leg up in life when he married her since the company actually belonged to her family. In this case I can see why she further feels why her son should inherit the company. She after all believes that the company should rightfully belong to her. If one thinks about it one of the reasons why the chairman holds the purse strings is because he is a male and thus the company was passed down to him when he married her. Though I do wonder just how competent he actually is. Back in the day it was enough to have him selected as the grandfathers’ successor but now he has allowed his company to face a financial situation that can clearly escalate into something worse if it isn’t resolved quickly. I get the feeling that if he doesn’t resolve this matter well due to signing up on projects that could endanger the company and all he will be asked to step down from his position and Witch will then try and convince the board to select Joker in that position.

I do wonder how the housing situation will be resolved by the end. Though Kim Book Soon has finally gotten her wish fulfilled by having her son not only visit but also stay at her place. She just doesn’t know about it yet. Perhaps they can demolish all the houses around them and leave their house alone. Just how much of a difference can a single house make. Perhaps they might even hope due to all the construction noise and all the family might get frustrated and agree to sell the place and move out. Though most likely they will all stay and the project might need to get switched with something else. That might not be so easy since a lot of money has already been invested in it. still if the Chairman discovers that Kim Book Soon is still alive and living there he would need to come up with a plan that they can all live with. Knowing Witch she will accuse him of thinking emotionally instead of with his mind and that due to his actions they are suffering financially and all.

@tulip06 sure the Chairman is verbally abusive towards his wife but I feel like she was just the same back in the day. She has only gotten better over it during the time and instead of screaming and shouting at him she plots and schemes to hurt him in other ways. Remember when she discovered the envelop that was sent by Suk Joon’s biological mother she was screaming at him for answers. She could have done the same thing in a much quieter and civil tone. Yes, I could tell that it was frustrating to know that he may be cheating on her again but she could talk it out like a human instead of accusing him and not even listening to his side of the story. The guy wasn’t even at fault here since he thought that she was dead back then. Come to think about in the latest episode she accuses him of being a Player back in the day. He tries to justify that all those women that he met back in the day were for business but she points out that if that was the case then how could he explain the existence of Suk Joon. Well now I am starting to wonder if the writer is going to reveal that was indeed the case and that he was meeting them only for business purposes. Suk Joon can also be explained as the result of her own fault. We can probably go along with the following theory. She was the one that felt insecure in their relationship. This was probably further fueled by the fact that he didn’t love her and that she could sense it. So it is possible that she assumed that him being with any woman at that time was him cheating on her. Knowing her personality back then (assuming from the envelop incident) she probably argued and screamed a lot at him not believing him even when he was innocent. This may have then resulted in him leaving the house and having a couple of drinks just to get away from her drama and all. Which may have one day led to him being in a relationship with Suk Joons mother. Remember she was a bar hostess back then so he must have frequented a favorite bar (which would turn out to be hers). What happens next is almost well known by everyone else so I won’t get into details.

Then again if he was actually cheating on his wife as she claimed then I can understand how much of a jerk he actually was. Though in the current situation I feel that Witch sometimes does things where she needs to hear it from her husband. Not that her husband is any saint mind you. She too does tend to bring up valid points not that she is all that sincere in them. For instance, when the incident happened he wanted to prove that Suk Joon was innocent and refused to believe that he was guilty. Understandable since no parent is ready to believe that their kid could do any wrong. I am pretty sure that even the monsters of history might seem evil to us but if their parents were still alive they might think that they were saints or sweet little angels. Not naming any names since people might get offended so will leave those to the posters imagination. Regardless Witch tells him that he is behaving with double standards and that if Joker had done the same thing he wouldn’t try so hard to do so (defend him). Chairman as mentioned brings up Suk Joon’s personality and points out that he couldn’t even hurt a fly. When she still tries to argue against this point by bringing up the so called evidence against him. The Chairman tells her that family should stick together no matter what even if this means that Suk Joon is guilty. This shows that he was no straight arrow and thus it is quite possible that he indeed had multiple affairs back in the day. Well I guess we just need to see how all this plays out in the end.

Regardless this would probably be the perfect ending for me. I know I almost always have the same thing but I can’t help that dramas almost always follow a certain formula so part of it might happen and others not. For instance, by the end of the show everyone will forgive each other and become one big happy family. But that isn’t always the case. In this case setting aside their differences between Witch and Kim Book Soon might not be exactly possible atleast if this was real life. Still my perfect ending would be as follows. Suk Joon marries Pill Jung but they remain in the house that they are living in. This way he continues to get to know the mother that he never had. I know people might want them to live in a bigger place or even his parents’ home and he can visit his mother on the weekend but just bear with me. Pill Jung gets her name cleared and works in a school as a permanent PE Teacher and is liked by all her students. Suk Joon finally gets to run the family company and the first thing that he does is get rid of all the incompetent people over there. Joker tries to apply for a role of a secretary but is even denied that. Shark then reveals all the evidence that he has hoarded over time in regards to Joker and Witch’s evil plots which result in Joker getting arrested and sent to jail for a really long time. Chairman naturally has retired since handing the company to Suk Joon. But since he is tired of his wife and her evil plots he decides to wash his hands of her for good this time. So he hands over divorce papers and leaves home for the countryside or atleast where he came from. Sorry dad but there is no room for you in Pill Jung’s home. This means that Witch gets the entire mansion for herself but since her precious son is serving time in jail she is all alone in that house (spoiler alert like in

Spoiler

Baking King Kim Tagu

). As for Vixen hard to give her a good one. People might be happy if she ends up with a divorce which makes her go back to England to hide for the time being. perhaps after a time skip she can return and remarry Joker when he has served his time and all. Thus both of them will be changed people. The kids will be happy since they have gotten a rich and handsome dad respectively. Oh right Minho won’t care about meeting his fraternal family since he has figured out that they are terrible people and all. Thus happy ending for all that deserve it even Leon.

While I have more to add will leave my post here for the time being and get back to some responses that I have left for the next post. Till then take care all of you and keep posting.

great points @yamiyugi. like you said, what really stands out about cruella here is that she is malicious and wants to inflict emotional pain. find her a really creepy villain because she gets off on it. the smirk is a bit too much. in other dramas, have often enjoyed watching the villain characters and even liked some of them -- the reason is that they are not necessarily doing bad stuff to get a kick out of it. they genuinely feel threatened and feel their backs against the wall and lash out. they are constantly on edge trying to get themselves out of a mess and find it becoming bigger. this is not the case with cruella. it is almost like she enjoys the misery and wants others to share in it. there is a real cruelty to her tactics.

what I find interesting is that suk joon seems to have given up completely on her that he is rather indifferent to them. this makes it a little harder to hurt him because he is no longer looking up to her for approval. so this means her tactics is going to get nastier because she really does despise him for being smart. can understand that some will not approve of cheating but I do think in some situations, cheating is an outcome/symptom and not the actual cause of the marriage breakdown. so what I mean is in that marriages, there are other underlying issues that were leading to divisions and conflict and cheating is simply a visible symptom. in other cases, cheating becomes the vehicle while the actual relationship may have been quite solid.

in this drama, am leaning towards feeling chairman's affair with ok boon may have been a symptom. like you said, cruella may have harassed him. given cruella's maliciousness, it would have been hard for her to accept a husband who was from another class and becoming heir because he was male and had more skill than her. so she would have seen him as competition rather than her better half. also, if she was constantly harassing him about imaginary affairs, he may have just decided to have an actual one. so various factors could have led him to meeting ok boon. we should get some more details as the drama progresses...

@yamiyugi It’s so easy for someone rich to look after a dog alone in England, and SJ was clearly a rich young man meeting other rich young people who would have their dogs, some pedigrees from abroad. He would mix with that crowd, and did, as he said in his initial bragging when he came back.

there are dog walkers, dog sitters, doggy daycares, you name it. Leon would have been so pampered. And a portable dog like Leon can go anywhere in a carrier, even to class.

@yamiyugi I too believe Cruella befriending her is plan b. It's her insurance policy. She'll be in the shadows like that little devil that sits on ya shoulders, encouraging Bok Soon look for her long lost child. She definitely doesn't simple want revenge she takes pleasure in their suffering. I'm gonna guess that he never truly loved his wife and the family assets where the ultimate goal. Maybe her even knew Bok Soon before he married up. @Lmangla  I agree the affair happened as a symptom of deeper issues their marriage gives off an old fashion vibe like him marrying for status and he marrying who daddy picked and then they're just been taking chunks out of each other with their actions and their words.

Haha it would be so funny if PJ's mothering nature draws Yoo Kyung in and she does try to set her dad up with her. They then  goo n a blind date in at some cafe and EJ will see them. I can already see her shocked face she's wonder what the neck is happening and then she goes home and mentions to mum she saw uncle out with a woman and mum says yeah he finally went on a date. She spits her tea off in shock,  뭐! ...and end scene. :D

Right time they had a word with them kids! I actually found myself thinking just leave them. Min Ho is sensible enough despite his bratish behaviour. Once the cold starts to hit his poor sister he'll bring her home. Not even a 24hr pc-bang would let them stay as she's so young so where exactly can they go?

11 hours ago, tas82 said:

. @Lmangla  I agree the affair happened as a symptom of deeper issues their marriage gives off an old fashion vibe like him marrying for status and he marrying who daddy picked and then they're just been taking chunks out of each other with their actions and their words.

yea, it seems that way; today's episode, she said her goal was to take back what is hers -- basically she feels like her father did a number on her by forcing her to marry the chairman and handing him the company instead of her. so she was likely resentful from the beginning and saw him as competition. and they have been living that way since -- like you said, taking chunks out of each other...

okay, the kids are kind of dumb but why doesn't pil jeong just open her mouth and say -- sorry, kids but your father was such a moron that he traumatized me and I have no intention of getting married. they need to understand why she is content being single. but then we won't have a story.

am now wondering if doctor and nurse friend will end up together? since he met her first rather than pil jeong?

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] My mom has an affair - 엄마가 바람났다 - Mon to Fri @ 8:30 KST
11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

okay, the kids are kind of dumb but why doesn't pil jeong just open her mouth and say -- sorry, kids but your father was such a moron that he traumatized me and I have no intention of getting married. they need to understand why she is content being single. but then we won't have a story.

am now wondering if doctor and nurse friend will end up together? since he met her first rather than pil jeong?

Yes she had the perfect opportunity after she brought them home and they were sat talking at the table. She should have straight up checked Min Ho. Tell him say I know you were young but you off all people know what I went through with your dad. From the beatings to him stealing our money to me having to work like a dog to make sure you were fed. I went through hell and that's something I don't ever want to go through again and that's why I don't ever want to be married. I'm really disappointed in you Min-Ho. Then get up and leave them to it...end of discussion. Yes he's a kid but right now he's being a brat, the absolute  cheek of him to say that she's never done anything for them.....like hagwon money grows on trees....the entitled little ...... Anyhoos the adults need to take charge. I'm guessing drunken announce that she going to start dating.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다 - Mon to Fri @ 8:30 KST

I honestly feel like that our Suk Joon might say he has married Pil Jeong in front of his girlfriend from the states. They might write up a contract saying that they are together even though its fake. But I am excited to see them becoming friends and eventually liking each other and backing each other up:lol: :wub:I find our main lead pretty attractive slowly everyday :lol:

Aargh why do they always do this.... draw you in.... become part of your morning routine.....and then....blam...subs become slow.

Anyhoos I think we should form a drama writing crew as we all pretty much called most of what happened in today's episode even down to the preview of doctor seemingly being drawn to Pil Jung.

EJ pretty much admitted to her mum she worried about SJ finding about her sordid pass. Mum thinks she means just the affair but we all know there's the miscarriage issue too. 

The spoilt kids learnt that being bratish gets you things. Can't believed mum changed her mind and agreed to let nosey neighbour set her up with that old crusty man. The cheek. Surely there are divorcees her age out there. 

Felt a bit sad for SJ  when he was sitting there writing in his diary asking why Pil Jung and her kids move in with mum. His own family dynamics has warped his mind so much that he can get his mind around it. But he'll understand soon enough as the  mothering has begun with that steak. Heal soon understand you don't have to be blood to be family.

@tas82 ~ I was thinking that in her drunken state, she was going to agree to date but instead, she chewed a bit of min ho's brains out -- enough for the kids to feel guilty. the kids are really naive and don't seem to realize that pil jeong may not necessarily be attractive dating/marriage material. guess, they will learn the hard way? but what I liked about her agreeing to go on blind dates is that it was seeing yu kyung and her dad. she just naturally felt the ache and pang that she was alone. rather than a romantic partner, guess she wants to parent with someone? it seems like rather than bowing down to the kids, she too feels a bit alone as a single parent. at least, lets hope so! am hoping the doctor won't turn out to be a second lead because he is actually rather sweet. makes me already want to say awwww that he will get rejected....

Archived