[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

26 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

is pil jeong really bored? why does she keep pranking seok joon of all people? it is not like he was super mean to her and anything. for that matter, why didn't she prank eun joo? round 1 of randomly introducing him as hubby was done. kind of funny when restaurant lady then rates her husband as less handsome. poor fella. loved his eye roll. ^_^

Thank you. This is exactly why I haven’t commented on the recent episodes. I don’t understand why she’s pranking SJ. It just seems weird that she’s doing this and I’m can’t laugh at it.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Thank you. This is exactly why I haven’t commented on the recent episodes. I don’t understand why she’s prancing SJ. It just seems weird that she’s doing this and I’m can’t laugh at it.

it is kind of strange because they are both in their 30s. I guess we are supposed to read it as he brings out the child in her?

On 5/13/2020 at 6:16 PM, Lmangla said:

felt sorry for seok joon; he has long noticed the favouritism but no one explains anything to him. does dad think that protecting him by hiding his birth secret will make things easier? it is clear mom hates him. @tulip06 ~ you are right in saying that it is absurd for him to think mom would raise seok joon with love. not to be mean but it makes me wonder if he cheated on mom because she was always such a cold mean fish and seok joon was his way of getting a sort of revenge on her.

precisely it seems that the father is not so innocent as that, he may have been married for the sake of money, he may no longer be in love with his wife, but I think he cheated on her, he still makes a child of another woman. It is a betrayal that a woman receives in her heart, the hatred increases little by little I do not say that she is right to behave as she does to the male lead, probably she also has a behavior too strict and narrow, but the suffering also can evolve especially since she sees that her son who is silly and dumb but the other is intelligent, kind and very loved by his father

I really wanted to start giggling when shark asked, "wait there are still women trying to seduce the chairman?" :joy:... so did dad really think ajummah had died? did she fake her death saying she was having heart disease? since ajummah and gang are still living in the same house, guess, she would be soon found?eun joo has to pick a side soon. she is siding with suk joon but the moment she sees him with pil jeong, she will switch sides quick as the wind.

since suk joon doesn't live in pil jeong's neighbourhood or work together, how exactly will these two keep bumping into each other? will the birth secret force him to move somewhere closer? plus, he has to meet leon again!

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I really wanted to start giggling when shark asked, "wait there are still women trying to seduce the chairman?" :joy:

since suk joon doesn't live in pil jeong's neighbourhood or work together, how exactly will these two keep bumping into each other? will the birth secret force him to move somewhere closer? plus, he has to meet leon again!

I laughed too! And what is Shark's game? He is up to something deep. Maybe he is a secret son?

As for the families running into each other, that's easy: parks and markets can bridge neighbourhoods.

Why does SK think he is so good-looking? If someone said this was a comedian in real life, I'd believe them.

6 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I was wondering if I should watch this drama now. It looks interesting but I'm not the biggest of rom-coms and the FL seems incredibly cliche/a total doormat. The acting is pretty good, though...

check it out; the first few episodes were surprisingly well written and well acted. it had a lot of unexpected emotional notes that I wasn't expecting from a daily drama. now, we are in the slow build up phase but should get interesting. the female lead so far is not coming across as a doormat cliche. she can be a bit dumb but more like flawed. if you like the first few episodes, then you will be in.

15 hours ago, Lmangla said:

check it out; the first few episodes were surprisingly well written and well acted. it had a lot of unexpected emotional notes that I wasn't expecting from a daily drama. now, we are in the slow build up phase but should get interesting. the female lead so far is not coming across as a doormat cliche. she can be a bit dumb but more like flawed. if you like the first few episodes, then you will be in.

Well, if the awesome Lmangla recommends something to me, I shall try it.

11 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Well, if the awesome Lmangla recommends something to me, I shall try it.

awww, thanks for the compliment. let me know whether it is your cup of tea.

suk joon's tactic was really quite a master stroke. but it makes me wonder if he knows his birth secret. he is really quite aggressive no? he seems determined to prove a point that he can climb up the ladder. eun joo is really quite sneaky with how she placed that photo. had to giggle at tae woo's description -- she is greedy, vain, cranky and will make any man miserable in a marriage! ouch, what a description from a brother!!!! he didn't pull any punches back but suk hwan seems like a glutton for punishment.

suk joon says he actually doesn't even like kids but painted himself as a romantic. wonder how that is going to play out with pil jeong's kids. min ho got a bit of a reality check from his friend who shared that his dad is frustrated at having no job and just stays at home and is angry with all in the family.

looks like the doctor's daughter will end up eventually joining the track and field team. if she ends up doing well, it will be lot harder for the principal to just get rid of the team...

Hopefully things are going to start to get exciting by the end of this week since we will be completing Act 1 by then. Also glad that Pill Jung finally managed to get a job as a teacher again even though it may be rigged to fail. Also glad to see that she won’t be totally alone since her BFF also has a job over there. So she has someone for support not that friend can do anything for her considering that she is also a temporary worker over there and all. Though if those two become quite popular then getting rid of them might not be so easy when Witch and her mother try to do so. Perhaps Pill Jung can win over the kids this time who will have her back. A bit more on that in a bit.

So let’s start with the following.

Spoiler

First of all, I wonder just what will be the trigger for Vixen to finally give up on Suk Joon and join hands with the Dark Side. (perhaps her super hero license gets revoked {just realized that Vixen and Joker are names of DC characters, the former is a hero thus my joke on it and as we all know Joker is a villain). Will it be the fact that he is totally uninterested in her and would rather like a nobody like Pill Jung or the fact that he is actually an illegitimate child. Thus she will start to see the Witch’s logic that only legitimate children can inherit the throne so she should throw her weight behind them. Would say that would be disappointing but then again that would be totally on par with her character.

The other thing that I wanted to bring up was the interview that Suk Joon had for the company. The poor guy could have saved himself a lot of trouble and time if he had been a bit more honest. He probably wouldn’t have Vixen chase after him. Then again who knows what she would do. What I am referring to over here is the part when in the interview they asked him about his relationship status he told them that he was still single. Raising Vixen’s hope that she still has a chance when the truth is that he is still engaged. Yes, I know that people will tell me that he thinks that since he doesn’t want to marry his fiancée it might be okay. But I feel that till she or her family doesn’t get an official notice from him or his family that he wants to break up they are still engaged. That means that he isn’t single or available. What is the girl going to think when she hears about this? I wouldn’t put it past Witch to send her that article just to cause a stir between the families

Speaking of girls who do you think is better for him. Yes, we all know who he will end up with so I know that isn’t really a question. As of now I think that his fiancée is a better match for him. She knows exactly how the world they live in is run. She knows how Witch and Joker operate and thus how to keep them in their place. So if he wants to run his company without being taken advantage of then she would be a perfect fit for him. Pill Jung on the other hand is just to kind and naïve at times just like him. In terms of character I feel that they are a good match. But unless they pick up their game they will be taken advantage of by others. Though to be fair I feel like his trip away from home has changed him a bit and he has become a bit more aware of things operate. His family still happens to be a weak spot but even here he is starting to place his own foot down so that he isn’t left behind in the shadows any more.

Things are certainly getting interesting regarding Suk Joon’s birth mother. We are getting a few more answers about what happened back then. Though things still don’t make a lot of sense so we will have to wait and see till we get a clearer picture

This is what we know so far

He thinks that she has been dead for all these years.

A letter was sent to him by her but he never received it (atleast that is what it sounded to me via the subs)

For her she has lived in that house for ages and even gave birth to their son over there. She also hopes that her son would someday come and pay her a visit over there.

From these three points I can come up with the following conclusions. Somebody clearly got involved between the two. Who that would be would be an interesting question. If I know my Drama Tropes I would have to say that person would most likely be one of his rich parents. They would have lied to him that she was dead and that is why he never searched for her and believed whatever he was told. The letter being intercepted could again only have been done by one of them. either that or he kept one of her old letters as a memento of their love. The reason why they felt that they needed to get involved would not only be because they disapproved of her as DiL material but we have to also remember that he was already married back then. Things were different at that point. A divorce would make his family look bad and that the new DiL was from a lower background than his current wife would be even more embarrassing for his family. Things may also have been different back then. As of now he is currently the one in charge of the purse strings and his wife and child are afraid of going against him since they can lose it all. But back then it may have been different. They families may have been on equal footing then or her family had more power so they could have ruined his family if he had asked for a divorce back then.

As for his mother I can only assume that this is what must have happened. His family couldn’t outright get rid of her because she was carrying his child at that time. So they probably needed to get a bit more creative. First of all, looking at the house it is highly unlikely that she could have afforded it back then if she came from a humble background. This must indicate that it was gifted to her by his family. How that happened needs to be seen. For instance, did they lie to her that he wanted her to live comfortably since she was pregnant and that he would be joining her later on. Then when she had given birth and they had verified the kid was indeed his they let her keep the house in return for never going to that family and asking about the kid since he had no interest in being with her. Also the reason why he never came to check up on her when she was pregnant and all. She assumed all this time that he knew where she was but didn’t come to her because he wasn’t interested in her. But she gave up the child in the hopes that he would have a better and successful childhood that she couldn’t give him.

Thus when she did attempt to send a letter it got intercepted by the parent. Whether she got a fake reply or not is another story altogether.

Regardless the dad is now aware that she may actually be alive and has asked his right hand man to search for her. Unfortunately Witch is aware of this fact as well and has gotten Shark on the hunt as well. I just wish the right hand man would have told the chairman that he has gotten caught by Witch and that she is also aware of the search. Would have helped him a lot. I do wonder how she plans on taking care of her rival. Is she perhaps searching for a good stock of poison apples to get rid of her.

Speaking of Shark I now wonder what exactly is backstory is. Sure he seems ambitious and all and will do anything to get the advantage but I wonder if he has perhaps been lied to. The look on his face after he was told to search for Suk Joon’s mother was of interest. Couldn’t exactly make out was it contempt or something else. For instance, if the Chairman could cheat once what was to prevent him from doing so another time. In this case could it be possible that he is another one of his illegitimate children or has been told by someone that is the case. If he is another one of his children, then the story can get a bit more exciting but messy as well. I know some people here might not like that idea so sorry about that. Also don’t know if we will have enough episodes to cover all that up. Assuming that this is a 100 episode show. Like I have mentioned if a show isn’t on KBS world I have no idea about the length of that daily.

Regardless if it turns out that Shark is his kid as well then the battle of the brothers should get interesting. I doubt that he will jump ship so it would probably mean that Joker and Suk Joon will have to hold hands to save the company. Also the way he went about how women might still try and seduce the chairman might be him wanting to know who was responsible for getting rid of his mother and if that hadn’t been the case the company could have easily been his. Probably reading too much into nothing though.

So Pill Jung finally caught Vixen’s cousin jumping the school gate. I get the feeling that she is going to try and recruit her for the track team considering that she can run quite well and thus has good stamina. It also might be good for the both of them. It seems like she needs a good parental figure since things aren’t going all that well at home. She doesn’t want her father to remarry. Clearly indicating that things didn’t go well for her since her mother did that. Either she was abused by her stepparent or she was totally ignored by them and her mother. Even now the only one showing any kind of slight interest is her father. Her aunt pretends that she isn’t aware of her at school. Yes, she was the one that suggested that but she was probably hoping that her Aunt might show more interest in her regardless of what she told her. I get the feeling that Pill Jung will be the person that looks out for her and tries to get her on the right track. Thus when things go for the worse due to Witch or her mother intervene to get rid of her she will be the one to take Pill Jungs side and perhaps convince the others to help her out. After all Pill Jung doesn’t need to take care of a problem student but she still will because that is the type of caring person that she is which will end up moving her and all.

Not sure where the story between Vixen’s brother and Pill Jung’s sister is going. Clearly they are rivals in more ways than one. How they can further the main leads story remains to be seen. I doubt that she will ever tell him how her sister was framed back in the day and he will tell that to his mother who will think that the teacher that framed Pill Jung was this totally terrible person and what not only to realize later on that it was Vixen all along. While that certainly follows a drama trope I don’t see them close enough to do that now. Also even if they did become close I doubt bringing up her sisters past would serve a point. It could make more sense if they were close and Pill Jung was facing another similar situation at the new school. So in her frustration the sister lets him know that she is having a hard time because her sister is facing injustice once more thanks to her old rival etc.. I do wonder though how they will get close to each other. Perhaps if she gets the job she will realize that she was wrong about him altogether and she will apologize to him and decide that she wants to get to know him better.

Speaking of that what would all of you want. Pill Jung remains a teacher or finds a way to join the company. This way she gets to spend more time with the main lead but also has someone from her family as support when things go wrong between her and Vixen. Not sure how she will end up joining the company though. I get the feeling that many would want her to retain her job as a teacher as that is her passion and that any other job should be temporary no matter how good she is at that job. Perhaps after she is forced to leave her teaching job (no matter the people on her side) she ends up joining the company in Suk Joon’s team. He might finally get that position as a director and if he gets to know her better feel bad for her and decide to hire her as his secretary or something like that. Vixen will be mad but I feel like that it would be worth it in the long run.

Now on to other things.

The reunion between Leon and Suk Joon wasn’t as moving as I expected unfortunately. Perhaps if he had been a bigger dog I could have seen him leap up on him in joy of being reunited. Unfortunately, since he is so small it didn’t have that much of an impact nor did he show much of his love and affection as he should have. Then again Min Ji quickly grabbed him away before it could have happened. Like I said if he was a bigger dog this wouldn’t have been much of an issue.

Then we had the issue of Operation Get Rid Of Suk Joon By the Terrible Duo. Am glad that all their plans seem to be backfiring as he seems to either slip out of them or turn them to his advantage.

For instance, the incident with Pill Jung was easily resolved as a misunderstanding between the two and she didn’t want to press any charges against him which resulted them in looking for another case which so happened to be the one with the old man which was resolved perfectly. Will get into that in a bit. Let’s start with the Pill Jung case. Frankly I am glad that she was dragged off to the police station to have it resolved. Yes, I know that may be a bit harsh from my end but frankly speaking she needed to wake up. I mentioned in my previous post that she had gotten lucky when she purchased that bag and got a better one instead. Everyone around her told her that this wasn’t normal company policy. Then even after knowing this she tried her luck again with a defective product (this time intentional) in the hopes that she would get a new item in its place. Once she realizes that it isn’t possible she starts to make a scene at somebody else’s workplace as if she is the victim. She knows full well that she didn’t purchase the item in a fully legal way and has no way to prove it. So she thinks that making a scene will get her what she wants. If she wasn’t taught a lesson back, then she would have continued to behave in this manner causing problems for everyone. As one can see she has learnt from her mistake and isn’t pulling this stunt anymore. Though this means that the main leads meeting up will need some other excuse.

As for the Old Man and the jacket incident. Have to say that Suk Joon was both lucky and managed to turn it into an advantage for himself at the same time. Though I don’t quite follow all the steps. Shark reports the following developments to Witch and Joker of how the design team is mad that their design was altered without their permission and all and that they were with the chairman to complain about this. Witch and Joker are so glad to hear that he is in trouble that they go over to the chairman’s office to gloat over this matter only to discover that Suk Joon isn’t in the hot seat but the comfortable one with the old man and his son who are not only singing his praises but the son wants to place a large order in gratitude. How exactly did that happen. I don’t think that the chairman of such a big company can entertain guests just like that even if they have a good business proposition. They would have to go through a few hoops before getting there not to mention talk to the legal department in regards to the contract and its term before they get finalized. Sure they had Suk Joon with them but then again they weren’t aware that he was the chairman’s son at that time (perhaps during the meeting) so they couldn’t exactly approach him to request a meeting with the chairman. It might be possible that the old man showed up with his son to show his gratitude and mentioned how his son had a business proposition and if he knew how they could meet up with the chairman to discuss it when Suk Joon agreed to do so and revealed only to them his relationship with the Chairman. Or it could have been that the Chairman ordered him over to explain his actions so he might have contacted the old man to come along and tell him how happy he was with his new vest to explain his actions and the old man brought his son along. Otherwise I find it hard to see all three of them in the same room at the same time. Not that it is important at this point. I do tend to sometimes pick up things that are totally unimportant plot wise. So let me apologize for that once again.

I wish Pill Jung decides to heed her son’s advice and is more careful with whom she interacts. I also get the feeling that the butcher might have something more when he gives her the complementary items. Does he actually feel bad for her since she is a regular customer or does he have feelings for her and thinks that she will want to be with him if he offers her a good life and all thanks to his money. If so I can see an incident happening when he lets her know that he wants more from her in return of all the things that he has done for her because he felt sorry for her and has feelings etc.. at this point she gets rescued by Suk Joon. (or I have again watched far too many dramas for hoping that to happen)

Also in regards to the broken lock sure is an invitation for all those people searching for items for DNA testing or leaving something for a frame job. Hopefully the lock will be fixed before that happens.

Now let me try and answer a few things that have been brought up by the posters here. Don’t worry if I don’t answer everyones post here. It either means that it has been answered by someone else better or I don’t have an answer for it or that I decided to leave it for next time due to the length of this post.

So here goes

@celebrianna You must have gotten lucky with you getting a new phone in place of the one with a broken screen. I knew a friend who went to the customer center from where he bought a phone because he had a cracked screen as well. Unfortunately, he was informed that since he had a cracked screen the free warranty was off. They were willing to repair it if he paid for it but the price of repair was the same as him getting a new phone. So he declined their offer. Also have to agree it was dumb of her to get that bag without first without inspecting it and she got lucky a better bag than what she gave in for repairs. Slightly different from your situation though. Makes sense that you get the same model that is damaged not a better one. It is like you going to the customer center with your IPhone with a cracked screen and they instead present you with an IPhone X in return. Makes no sense correct. Well that is what happened over here. Cool as it may sound not very practical. Also another reason why Suk Joon heard it from his supervisor at that point. The company has their policy to prevent people like Pill Jung try and take advantage of them.

@tulip06 Don’t know if Cinderella is an apt comparison between the two. I think that may be due to the time period that those two were in. Cindy took in all of her family abuse because she really couldn’t go anywhere else back then. She was an unmarried woman back then who probably wouldn’t even have gotten a decent job if she left home. Unlikely that she had any decent education so she would have gotten herself into more of a fix if she left home back then. At home she could barely survive due to atleast getting something to eat no matter how little that was. Unless it turns out that she was actually a scientific genius who got so good repairing her houses broken up stuff (plumbing including) that she puts her skills to good use in the real world etc.. Frankly she took her chance the moment that she got it by leaving the house with the prince that rescued her back then. Suk Joon on the other hand is no Damsel in distress (atleast to that extent). He is well educated and smart and even if he were to leave the house he can manage to survive just fine even if it is with little. This can clearly be seen when he lived in that hostel when he was studying for his civil exams or when he was studying abroad in England. While his father was probably paying for both we know that he can still afford things if he got a job on his own. Due to him being smart and capable.

@kiefshi1056 I don’t think moving out should be much of an issue for Suk Joon. I think that the marrying age rule really applies for the eldest male child. The others hang around the family for comfort and support during this time. But even in dramas that I have seen most of the times these families are okay with the other kids leaving but when it comes to the eldest they want them to continue living with their parents regardless of whether that person is a daughter or son. Which can cause issues between the parents especially if they have to lose their son and him moving into his In Laws place. So if this was any ordinary drama I don’t think that Suk Joon would have had much of an issue leaving his home when he wanted to. But in this case he can’t and doesn’t want to at the same time. For the former is because his dad wouldn’t let him. Short trips away from home is totally different then moving out totally. As for the latter it is probably because he wants to get acknowledged by his mother and brother. He does everything to be noticed only for him to be told that they don’t care what he does.

As for his father not noticing how he is treated is debatable. First of all, I think that Witch is actually smart in the way that she operates. In front of the chairman she is probably nice towards him but in secret she plots ways to take him down. She may have also used Suk Joon’s desire to be acknowledged to her advantage by telling him that if he reports what she has done to him that her father and her would end up getting a divorce and he wouldn’t want that to happen. Suk Joon being who he is wouldn’t want that and would think that it is all his fault that they broke up or had a fight so he wouldn’t tell his father. Take for example when he was framed for Secretary Park’s murder she managed to convince him not to report it to his father as he would get worried needlessly. They would take care of it and all. How does she then handle it? the moment that she knows that the police are going to come arrest him due to the test results being out she invites him for a family lunch only for him to get arrested at that point. Also the Chairman does seem to be aware of how his wife treats Suk Joon to an extent yet he chooses to remain quiet about it all. For instance, when he decided to leave for England the Chairman figured out that she must be behind it and even questioned her about it. she as usual denied it and asked him if Suk Joon had ratted her out. To which he told her that she knows that Suk Joon doesn’t have that kind of personality but that is the feeling that he got. Also it was either in the current episode or the preview that he tells her that her actions will only result in the two brothers getting more apart due to the wedge that she is driving between them or something to that extent. Why he doesn’t intervene more remains to be seen. Perhaps he thinks that Suk Joon needs to grow up on his own and learn how to fight his own battles if he wants to survive in this world. After all he won’t be alive forever and then who will look out for him. Probably also the reason why he chose his fiancée for him in the first place.

@tulip06 Min Ho does seem to recall his father and his horrible personality I think him not having a dad has other issues. Get to that in a bit.

@Lmangla In regards to kids creating fake parents. I don’t know how it is in real life but in these dramas this isn’t unheard of. I can easily recall other cases of this happening as well. In one of the School Series one of the side character was like that as well as the female lead in My Hero Is Strange (I think that was the name of the show. Where the main lead is called Boksu). Both of them if I recall correctly were good students because they basically studied hard and all (a lot like Min Ho) and other students simply thought that they must come from rich families because they could afford tutors and academy classes to be that good. While in the case of the former she pretended to go along with that lie by hanging around with the other rich kids and going to VIP areas with them. But in the case of the later she just let them assume that not correcting them of their mistake. Both of them became embarrassed when the truth was revealed.

Even Pill Jung’s sister reminded her that she suffered because she didn’t have a dad and all since she was framed and all back then. But in real life I think that faking a parent might depend on the circumstances. For instance, let’s say that a student has a parent that has a criminal record (thief, murderer) maybe they are still serving time. In this case the student might not be willing to reveal any of this when they ask what his parent does. Some might be more understanding but if he is really young and there are people that aren’t mature enough then they might decide to make fun of him or even frame him for something. Problem is that others might be willing to believe that student is actually guilty and blame it all on his genetics without giving them a fair chance and all. Yes, we all know that a child isn’t responsible for his parent’s actions but many don’t realize it at that age and all. In that case I might feel it to be understandable if a kid decides to hide what their parents do. When they become adults it probably becomes something else totally but that is a story for another day.

@marrez1 I think the guy is more embarrassed that he doesn’t have a dad and the one that he had was a terrible person who was abusive towards both him and his mother. Getting a temporary dad seems to work out since he won’t beat him up for his mistakes and he will only be there to make him look good. Not sure though how he will react towards the bit that she isn’t his biological mother and that he has a rich dad. If he and Suk Joon can bond first, I think that will make the important difference over here. At this point I feel like he wouldn’t want to go to his biological father. But he might need to know that Suk Joon is rich in the first place before he gets his approval. We can clearly see that seems to be his driving force in the conversations that he is having with his friends. How one of them is leaving for the States because of his new rich stepdad and all the top students are there because the rich parent can afford to send them to these academies or they have contacts with tutors and all.

It is interesting to see though that Min Ji only cares for the looks of her new dad while he looks for money. If Suk Joon pretends to be poor and ordinary like them, it will be interesting how he convinces all of them to become a possible candidate. In this case I think Pill Jung will be less hurt unless he still wants to go to his rich family. Though if he is as smart as he is he should have figured out by now that his rich parents want nothing to do with him and that is why they abandoned him in the first place. So he wouldn’t and shouldn’t want to return to them. frankly I am of the same opinion now with the others that say that he will forcibly be taken by Team Joker for some reason or the other for their own advantage. Vixen might even see this as a victory over her rival as she will be taking her son something that Pill Jung used to brag about. So the way I see it he probably wouldn’t search out for his biological family even if he knows the truth. I may be proven wrong.

Or perhaps what may happen is that while he is searching for them he mistakes Suk Joon as his father. Suk Joon may think that they should get a DNA test just to prove him wrong only to discover that they are a match (family wise since they share similar DNA from their father). Since he doesn’t want his brother to get into any kind of trouble with his dad and all (perhaps he knows the clause that his brother won’t get a dime if he brings home any of his kids like that) he decides to pretend that Minho is actually his kid. He might also be convinced by Joker and Witch to go along with this deception if he reveals this fact to them. since he has a kind nature and the male lead status he might just go along with that. (if it isn’t his own choice that is or he decides to keep it a secret)

@Lmangla I get the feeling that when it comes to stepparents they feel like they have to tread this line extremely carefully when it comes to their kids. Even more so when it comes to their biological kids. They probably feel that if they scold them then the child might resent them thinking that this wouldn’t happen if they were their real parents and all. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that them behaving like this doesn’t do anyone any kinds of favours. Each of the children will think that the parent is simply doing favoritism over here. Though in some cases the parent might get away with treating them fairly depending on how old they were when they joined the family. For instance, if they were too young to actually remember their actual parents then this might not be an issue. Minho is clearly in this position. But like I said she probably is unsure of how to behave when it comes to treating him. She certainly thinks of him as her own child. Clearly evidenced when she decided not to run a DNA test on him (good call for another reason as well. but probably mention that in another post). But at the same time she is afraid of what will happen when he discovers the truth so she treats him a bit differently and tends to give him what he wants and all. Won’t get more serious with him than she should etc..

The Uncle clearly knows where she got those injuries but he is in no positon to bring it up since Suk Joon isn’t related to her. Thus it is her personal business. Secondly he man not feel that it is relevant at this point since those are old fractures. Meaning she isn’t being abused anymore so he doesn’t need to bring it up with her as well. As to why she is conning him. Well simply put that is how main leads interact. Cause misunderstandings and all and thus get closer. Plus, as @mizkorea pointed out he had her hauled to the police station and called her a bad customer. She was basically trying to get even with him. As for why he would pay for the hospital bill she assumed that since he was responsible for the accident he should take complete responsibility by paying for her medical charges. Something that she wouldn’t have incurred on her own. Plus, she probably thought that she could treat her kids some more by conning him.

@Lmangla LoL yeah I wonder where the kids get it to have a fake dad. Clearly they inherited it from her. Sure is going to be a big mess that they will all have to unravel at some point. Though let’s see how that turns out.

@kiefshi1056 Both mother and daughter want more because people aren’t satisfied with what they have and want more. (not everybody her brother isn’t like that). Plus, I get the feeling that each of them have their own idea of living a rich life and all. For Vixen it is to quit her job after marriage, live comfortably with her husband’s marriage ie go on a shopping splurge eat at expensive restaurants ruin Ex Boyfriends political career. Perhaps look good for her husband for a few of his important meetings and seem to support him but for the rest just do the above. Her mother probably wants her to have a rich husband so that she can use his family money and get a cushier life. In this case improve her school and its reputation. Make it so that only rich people can attend etc.. This will allow her to live better and spend more. Just wait till she discovers that her son is dating a nobody. She is going to go all out as a horrible MiL. Expect envelops full of money to be passed around maybe even throw water from a glass at her. Fortunately, sister has a great family to support her. This may very well be a reason why she would want to get rid of Pill Jung. Assuming that Pill Jung will make the track team improve. So she will need a new excuse to get rid of her and this will be it.

Also you have to just hate Vixen for trying to ruin Pill Jung’s life again. Using her influence to not get her a job. Her mother is equally bad agreeing to her request without really knowing the reason why. Perhaps her justification would have been enough that Pill Jung just didn’t have enough qualifications due to her long break. But would she have come up with that on her own or was she influenced by her daughter’s choice in this case.

As for Minho it is quite possible that he wants money because he doesn’t want his mother to suffer anymore. So he feels like he needs to be the best so that he can provide her with a good life in the future so she doesn’t work as hard as she does. But at the same time he also feels that he needs to have money so that he isn’t made fun of by the other kids and that he is on the same level with them.

@tulip06 Oh for sure he will do exactly that if he isn’t suffering psychologically for being ripped away from his family. Joker can’t take care of any problem on his own (even if he caused it in the first place) and needs others to bail him out like his mother and Shark.

I don’t know guys if I hate Vixen or not. Since she isn’t affecting me personally I have gotten a bit closed thanks to all these dramas I don’t care much about what she does. As for what she does do to others especially Pill Jung I feel like they need to get a bit smarter as well. For instance, when she got Pill Jung fired from that restaurant was partially Pill Jung’s fault. She pretty much said back then that she wouldn’t forgive her for framing her then why was she asking her for an apology. Also I think that Pill Jung antagonizing her doesn’t do her any favours. For instance, when she was looking for a job at her mother’s school she mocks at her that she was jealous of her and tells her the reasons why she was supposed to be. In return Vixen gets so mad that she inquires her mother if they had a teacher named Pill Jung and if she ever came by not to hire her. If Pill Jung didn’t antagonize her that day she might have gotten that job. Granted Pill Jung didn’t know that school belonged to Vixen’s mother and if she did she probably wouldn’t have gone there searching for a job. What I am trying to say here is that as people have said before she should simply avoid Vixen anytime that she sees her and all will be well. infact Vixen even tries to do that but it is Pill Jung who can’t leave things well enough. She doesn’t have the strength to take on these people yet she continues to do so which result in only her suffering.

@Lmangla which other prank are we talking about. Pretending that he was her husband? If it was that one, I think that she should be given a pass over here. In this case she was getting desperate in regards to the owners’ wife. The wife was starting to get suspicious again of whether or not she was married or not and if she needed to protect her husband from a single woman who might be interested in him or his money. Then in pops Suk Joon and she decides to go along with him being her fake husband. Frankly it is better than just grabbing some random stranger and claiming him to be her husband. She could have taken a page out of her sons’ book and hired a fake husband but not sure how that would work out in the long run. As for Suk Joon she probably should have explained the situation to him even though they aren’t all that close or come up with another lie. Like they wanted to meet her husband but since he was out of country for work she pretended he was her husband because the wife was thinking that she may have ulterior motives in regards to her husband and all. She probably doesn’t want anything to do with him at the moment that is.

Just wait for another con that she will use on him. Oh you want the dog well it doesn’t come alone. It is a set piece with two kids and a mother. otherwise you can’t get the dog back even if it was yours. Just think that it is payment for all the years that it was taken care of. Okay that probably won’t happen like that but one can imagine.

@tulip06 Ah you also think that Shark may be a secret son. Should have read your post before posting. Now it might be thought that I took your idea.

@chococarmela Sure join the gang. Show isn’t as bad as I initially expected. Dropped my other shows just to watch this one. Sorry folks in Deadly Promise. Am too far in that show to catch up anytime soon. Might join in at a random episode and return there. Pill Jung is somewhere in between a total doormat and an idiot so that is good for her. For instance, she will try and stand up for what is right even if that doesn’t go well but at the same time she isn’t always smart to figure out what is going on. Frankly I still think that other people are dumber in this show but that is something else entirely. Also another plus point in this show happens to be Joker. He holds the title of second lead. Unfortunately, when it comes to scheming and trying to outsmart his opponents aka Suk Joon he fails horribly. Always depending on others. Vixen is much better in that regards. So if anything watch the show for his scenes and laugh at how he bumbles around. One of the reasons I am still around.

@Lmangla I don’t think that he is still aware of his birth secret unless it is revealed that he overheard a conversation in his family that he wasn’t supposed to hear. (will get that out in a flashback). I simply get the feeling that he has decided to wake up and that is why he is acting out the way he wants. In one way he still wants to get acknowledged by his mother and he will do anything for that to happen. Back then he realized a few things. His mother saw him as a threat when it came to Joker inheriting the company. For that very reason he decided to step back and let Joker have his hand. He also saw that his mother wanted Joker to become a lawyer/judge so he thought that if he became one she would notice him. None of that seems to be happening. So he thinks that he needs to get more aggressive in being noticed. This means that if he becomes a chairman then his mother will finally be forced to acknowledge him and his presence. It was the reason that he gave them all to improve their game if they didn’t want him to take it all. They didn’t and now they are suffering for it.

As for how Suk Joon’s hating kids and how that will turn out with Pill Jung’s kids remains to be seen. It isn’t like any of them have read the article on him so they know his feelings. Also it might be that he is referring to babies as they are more of a handful compared to other kids. Perhaps he will bond with them due to various reasons. Minho is his nephew so they might start to feel the connection between each other sooner or later. As for Minji she might be a bit harder but I think they will bond over Leon. He might not be able to take Leon back home since everyone in that house seems to be attached to him. Don’t see him breaking into that house to steal Leon. So that means a compromise will need to be made. This means that he can either come over for a visit anytime he misses Leon or he will have to pay rent at their place. This way they all win. He gets to reunite with Leon and has a good time. Also gets close to the kids this way. As for her family they get extra income to run their house and all. Oh and indirectly he also gets to spend time with his biological mother as well.

As for Minho I am glad if he gets a reality check and realizes that other people have dads that were like his and thus he isn’t the only victim out there. But at the same time I also noticed that the conversation was also about how one of their friends of leaving for the States because of his new stepdad. In other words, about money. So won’t he still want a rich stepdad is the question.

Finally want to bring about the race that is on for the search of Suk Joon’s biological mother. clearly she isn’t going to be on the address that the chairman gave his guy. Like I mentioned she was probably moved to her new home by his parents. Otherwise why didn’t the chairman check it out on his own even now when he figured out that she was still alive. Then again this may not be the case. Shark did look at the name and address. Did he realize that this is the one that Pill Jung is currently living in. if that was the case why didn’t he inform his bosses about this development? If he had recognized the address this wouldn’t be the case unless he had some ulterior motive to delay revealing said information. Also just what exactly does Witch want to do once she discovers where Suk Joon’s mother is and how will she prevent the Chairman from discovering that she is still alive. It isn’t like she can reveal this fact to Suk Joon without losing it all. The mother isn’t going to take her money and hide this time and in this way sell out the house that the company needs.

Anyway I think that this post has already exceeded the limit that I set for it. So let me apologize once again for a long post. Take care and keep posting. Looking forward to reading them.

oooh, this is an interesting twist. like @yamiyugi ~ have been assuming chairman was born wealthy but he actually wasn't. he married up. he even admits to suk joon that he is not sure how he feels about mom. so, it looks like an uneven match that was made for business. so how did he end up getting all the power? did the mom's father leave everything in chairman's name? one more misunderstanding of suk joon being seen as pil jeong's husband by her students. so that's number 2. shall we keep a track? ^_^

OMG, so LX group actually belonged to Witch’s family, not cheating chairman, who married up as a career move! He just admitted he doesn’t even love her. On top of of all that, he is a verbally abusive shouty man. Sorry, but what a creep! 

Jumbak continues to be adorable. I thought about it, and if he was about 1 when SJ left, then he would be 8 now, and have lived most of his life with the main family, including having seen his hoo-sis from baby to 7 years old. He is no longer SJ’s dog. He was abandoned by SJ first. SJ even would go away, leaving the dog there in a room alone for a whole week. And by the way, even a Maltese needs a daily walk, or time in a garden, not a weekly one. SJ was a bad dog owner.

@yamiyugi I think Shark being a secret son with the Chairman being so slimy is so obvious, really, no one can think anyone stole that idea!

@yamiyugi, perhaps the difference between your friend’s experience and mines with the iPhone repair is that I went to an Apple store. Did he also go to the official Apple store? The Apple rep who came out with the brand new phone (same model) actually told me that I can sell it if I want because I told him I was considering upgrading to a newer model later in the year. :lol: 

Anyway, regarding Pil Jung’s second attempt to exchange a defective bag for a new bag, I completely agree with your view. Some people don’t know when to stop. I admit the way Pil Jung has been behaving lately with regards to Suk Joon is off putting but I figure it will pass and hopefully soon. Scamming people is never becoming in a character. 

@Lmangla, hopefully this is foreshadowing that Suk Joon will eventually give up any hope of running that company after he finds out that the Witch (I’m stealing your word @yamiyugi ) is not his biological mother. I think it would be good if he can start his own business but I doubt the story will go that way. Let the older brother take helm of the company and run it into the ground. :lol: That happened in a weekend drama and it was kind of interesting to watch. 

Urgh someone needs to do something about secretary Ha's greasy face. It's doing my head in. Only episode 22 and they've already found out so much! Lots of angst filled episodes ahead. Don't understand how chairman so delusional and still sitting on his high horse.  

Who else got straight up Creulla de Vil vibes from that preview when she approached Min Ji. 

5 hours ago, tas82 said:

Urgh someone needs to do something about secretary Ha's greasy face. It's doing my head in. Only episode 22 and they've already found out so much! Lots of angst filled episodes ahead. Don't understand how chairman so delusional and still sitting on his high horse.  

Who else got straight up Creulla de Vil vibes from that preview when she approached Min Ji. 

Me!  I got Cruela de Vil vibes!  And thank you, I find that chairman such an a-hole!  He will be made into a suffering saint when he is an opportunistic cheating bastard who is the source of the family's problems because he couldn't keep his richard simmons in his pants and stick to the choice he made.  

I wonder how they are going to find out Minho is the grandson?  Will it be when they find out Pil Jung was married to Sec Park?  And MH is a half-nephew to SJ, so almost related.  No wonder they played well together at the game.  

And for little Jumbak, I am loving all the shots of his adorable face!  Keep it up, show!

On 5/31/2020 at 1:53 AM, yamiyugi said:

Sure join the gang. Show isn’t as bad as I initially expected. Dropped my other shows just to watch this one. Sorry folks in Deadly Promise. Am too far in that show to catch up anytime soon. Might join in at a random episode and return there. Pill Jung is somewhere in between a total doormat and an idiot so that is good for her. For instance, she will try and stand up for what is right even if that doesn’t go well but at the same time she isn’t always smart to figure out what is going on. Frankly I still think that other people are dumber in this show but that is something else entirely.

Interesting. I'll give it a try...

am wondering if this drama covers real issues of students there. we have the doctor's daughter feeling neglected and asking her dad not to re-marry -- so issues related to divorce and parenting. the fake dad problem raises its head again. this time, min ho gets beaten up - so issues related to being a single parent specifically with women; do children really get bullied for coming from single parent homes or feel that kind of pressure to make up a fake dad?... 

so pil jeong is smart enough to recruit the doctor's daughter. after she joins, principal is going to have a harder time getting rid of the team. it is not like she can blame pil jeong as it was a secret.

looks like in the next few episodes, suk joon will move in  as he has to figure out why these people are not moving out of the neighbourhood.

mom really does give off those cruella vibes @tulip06 @tas82; honestly, it is hard for me to find her sympathetic at all. obviously, she feels a bit hurt that the chairman was so sad on finding out bok soon died but given the smugness and the calm with how she planned secretary park's murder and pinned it on suk joon makes me feel that she was always a bit evil. :sweatingbullets:

I can’t bring myself to like the lead character AT ALL!  She acts “holier than thou” in front of her family, but she’s shady and dishonest with others.  The stunts she pulls are not funny or entertaining.  She talks out of both sides of her neck.  I know the lead actor will eventually fall for her, but that’s just ridiculous, IMO.  I hope this farce With her ends soon.  As for the wicked stepmother and son, I’m only watching This drama to see them get what they deserve.  I feel sorry for the father.  What’s going to happening when it’s revealed that SJ isn’t his biological son?

hmmm, so there is actual consequences if the project build doesn't go through? thought mom and suk hwan were making it up but it seems dad is under financial pressure from the bank. but I won't be surprised if mom did something and made the bank manager act tough. who knows! anyways, it looks like we will finally the leads staying under one roof soon as he becomes a lodger and tries to figure out who is the owner and why they won't move.

it is interesting that on the face of it, pil jeong being owner looks so shady to everyone. well, yea, there are lots of frauds in this world. so it makes sense. maybe I have seen enough episodes now that I am sort of getting the absurd humour of pil jeong's pranks on suk joon. :sweatingbullets:

and did anyone else really enjoy the rejection of eun joo. ooh, suk joon was to the point and in her face! he also called her out for trying to split the family. as it is, they are all broken. do they need more drama? nope. smart call. but it doesn't look like eun joo is going to give up though. what do you think chingus?

This show just promises shenanigans upon shenanigans. Interesting. I’m really enjoying it. As for the fraud look regarding the house, when they are living as family, it shouldn’t look as fraud. But they should have done an adoption as well.

I think EJ is giving up on SJ. He has been clear, and she is smart. And she is taking advice. She is not the sort to hang on to a man.  But will EJ be able to stand sleeping with SK? I know I would run and throw up.

Archived