[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

This is my first daily in a loooong time. However,  if they are kids involved and they stream it on KBS's YouTube channel, I check out a few epsiodes. I watched the first episode last night to fall asleep because it was subbed on Viki and didn't want to start one of my other dramas while drowsy. Boy was I in for a nice surprise! I like it. I like the characters I'm supposed to like and hate the characters I'm supposed to hate. I absolutely love Pilsung's son Minho (such a cute kid). We'll see but for now, I'll keep watching. 

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/4/2020 at 2:49 PM, brooksmom said:

Those glasses on the main lead makes it look like his nose is fake too. If you know what I mean. Fake glasses with fake nose. Does anyone know what the color lines mean on the relationship chart. Blue is for related by marriage? Red/pink love. Grey ?

@tulip06The writer for this drama also wrote My son in law's woman; the actor who played JS in wanna taste played the lead. The writer for My daughter is a daughter in law is Lee Geun Young. Writer also wrote I'm a mother too. I got this information from Asian wiki and Dramalist

Per relationship chart is the fl mother in law related to ml? 

Yeah. I was going to say the writer was from My Son In Law's Woman. IMO, I'm a Mother Too was the last really good daily that SBS aired. Actually, they had a good run going there until Kangnam Scandal. They had Sweet Enemy, Happy Sister's and I'm a Mother Too back to back to back. 

Thanks for the tags and mentions everyone. I'm sure I will start to pick this one up at some point but I will probably wait until subs come out before I watch an episode. So I will be behind those of you who watch the raw.

I see some familiar faces (and sets) in the cast and the last two the PD did were pretty good so I will put some faith in him. However, as we saw in the last daily drama, great acting and decent directing could not save a bad script. 

wow, this daily is a lot more melo than expected. @rolisrntex ~ am sort of reminded "I am a mother too" in that we have complex characters and real life issues. keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't go down the drain like "wanna taste".

so pil jeong is both tough and vulnerable. we get some interesting motivations into why she got married. because of how her family suffered from abandonment, she basically wanted someone who is responsible. she took secretary park as a responsible man because he was choosing to raise his child. little does she know that he was paid by mom and seok hwan to raise the child. secretary park was obviously charming and kind to her for a while till he lost the restaurant. so then his inner devil comes out and she is not sure what to make of it all. the chat with nurse was also very real world -- she did file a complaint with the police but they let him off as it was a first time offense and she only get beaten up more late for reporting him. while the nurse and neighbour ajummah find secretary park a bad husband, neither have much else they can do to help pil jeong....

@JoeZee ~ minho is quite cute and expressive. it was very sweet when he tells pil jeong to not fall down as it hurts him too. and neighbour lady was so touched and said "this is the reason why people raise children". awww.

it looks like mom really hates dad and finds him two faced. seok hwan does have a point -- why should seok hwan be penalized when his dad also had a son out of wedlock. secretary ha looks like an iago to othello and looks very cunning...  anyways, it looks like seok joon will end up raising his nephew..

12 hours ago, JoeZee said:

This is my first daily in a loooong time. However,  if they are kids involved and they stream it on KBS's YouTube channel, I check out a few epsiodes. I watched the first episode last night to fall asleep because it was subbed on Viki and didn't want to start one of my other dramas while drowsy. Boy was I in for a nice surprise! I like it. I like the characters I'm supposed to like and hate the characters I'm supposed to hate. I absolutely love Pilsung's son Minho (such a cute kid). We'll see but for now, I'll keep watching. 

KBS? No, it’s SBS and it is on Viki and KOCOWA and the usual illegals. :blush:

For now, I will be a day behind people, or maybe 2/3 a day behind because I want a breakfast show, so I will watch when I can get subs. So, I’ll watch the show from the day before. If I get desperate to know what happens next, then I’ll get onto the same schedule. :heart:

is my hunch is right minho might be the son of the eldest son of LX Group? I want to kill that lousy/loser husband of PJ, can't she report and file restraining order? I hope the Suh Hwan will turn out to be not the chairman's son.  what will be the role of this guy in the story just saw it in mydramalist cast. Another PJ admirer?:wub:Young Hoon Kim

@kiefshi1056, Minho is in fact the child’s father. It was revealed yesterday. 

@Lmangla, the difference between SH and his father, in terms of illegitimate children, the father probably was his own man and didn’t depend on a disapproving father for a living.:lol: SH, on the other hand, depends on his father so if he disapproves of his “mistake” it makes all the world of difference.

I actually can’t believe I’m watching a daily show but the teaser on Kocowa was interesting and I’m in lockdown and the episodes are subbed and ready to watch on Kocowa by midday. :sweatingbullets:

I couldn’t resist. Watched episode 3, and I’m all caught up. It’s very good. I see it’s the director for Happy Sisters and My MotherIs a Daughter In Law and other good dramas. No complaints, then. It’s working out well. I am much relieved, and am looking forward to this heroine ditching her horrid husband soon. But that doesn’t really happen until 20-30 episodes into these 120+ dramas, right? 

On 5/5/2020 at 4:56 AM, dramaninja said:

Full plot details! massive spoilers! Hopefully this one has  really sweet family moments I feel so bad for both leads.

Reveal hidden contents

In Pil-jung's life, the worst choice is to get married. Being orphaned at a young age, she had to support her younger sister. All she dreamed was a stable job and a healthy and normal life, but that went away when she got married to Tae-sup. Her violent husband passed away seven years ago, leaving her two children and massive debt. Pil-jung swore to take care of them and never get married. But, the kids have a different idea. They demand their mother one thing: a handsome and rich father. So Pil-jung contemplates getting married again, even though she has to break her promise. At the same time, she starts caring about Min-chul, a new tenant of her boarder house, never having a clue about his true identity or purpose.

Hopefully it won't take 30-40 ep for the husband to go away. Maybe somebody roughs him up a little too much and he ends up being permanently gone. 

7 hours ago, msaamia said:

Is this show interesting? I am getting attracted to daily dramas haha :lol: 

depends on your taste but so far, the daily feels like it has something fresh to offer and looks interesting...

okay, what on earth is wrong with eun joo that she is so nasty to pil jeong? not sure why pil jeong felt the need to defend eun joo by implying that it was just coffee and drinks between colleagues. guess, she thought anyway eun joo is finally seeing the true nature of her boyfriend? from the preview of ep 5, it looks like we no longer have secretary park after friday. so monday we will see what happens 7 years later (present time) then?

the first meeting between the leads was dreadfully boring. don't you think chingus?

@Lmangla probably EJ is suffering from usual snobbery and nastiness. Not sure why the two of them even consider themselves friends. Were they thrown together as children somehow? Maybe their late fathers were friends.

And who else thinks the helpful neighbourhood ahjumma will turn out to be our hero's birth mom?

I love me some Seo Kang Jun, and he is nailing the villain character, but I will be so happy to see the end of his horrible husband character here. Also, the chaebol mother and son were rather odd in giving him the son to raise. Just send the baby to a white American couple in the US or Canada who want a baby to adopt. Sorry, was that too much sense?

8 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I love me some Seo Kang Jun, and he is nailing the villain character, but I will be so happy to see the end of his horrible husband character here. Also, the chaebol mother and son were rather odd in giving him the son to raise. Just send the baby to a white American couple in the US or Canada who want a baby to adopt. Sorry, was that too much sense?

great question. had to think about it. may have to down with legal requirements.  this is from watching another drama a few years back - "my husband got a family". to adopt this child they were fostering from the orphanage, it took them some six months to a year of legal hoopla where they had to find the biological parents to sign away custody or go through some official legal notice or something. someone can correct me if I am remembering this all wrong. so maybe the laws have changed/adapted a bit but it is possible that in order to send him for adoption, it would require seok hwan and the bio mother to sign rights which could then possibly alert the dad. think thats why they gave the child to secretary park to raise as a way of not alerting the dad.

@Lmangla I mean why would not chaebol granny and real chaebol dad not give up the boy for adoption abroad? If chaebol dad is the real father, mom has given kid up, all should be copacetic, right? I guess writer had the get the child to PJ somehow, though. 

wow mom and suk hwan are really on the villains team and they have a iago in the form of secretary ha. who wants to bet that they are going to regret using him later? and mom was so clear headed when she told them to get rid of secretary park if their threat was going downhill. he looked genuinely excited to be a dad though pil jeong was having more mixed feelings. is this going to be like that old english movie where this guy feels guilty and befriends the widow and kids? with seok joon being framed for the murder, will he end up serving time? does anyone else wonder if his girlfriend/fiancee leaving was genuine?

pil jeong is so weird -- why would you consider a classmate who framed you a thief as your friend? it is not like eun joo is being two faced; she has been openly showing her contempt and dislike. yet, pil jeong keeps thinking eun joo and her were friends because they attended the same school. ummm, what? can someone explain that logic? 

the actress playing eunjo's mom why she talk like, she is like reading a script and trying hard to deliver it. is she even an actress? also the actress playing Ej is so annoying. she had miscarriage but no blood? Can you simply walk out the hospital after doctor simply say she had miscarriage? Isn't it you have to run some test.

why she hate PJ so much? also why i'm getting a bad vibe that Ej will have more scene time. this is my 2 cents SK will end up marrying EJ but they wont have a child but they will need minho for the money. Can they fastforward the story to present time?

Well dang! That took a turn. So far so good! 

How are they going to prevent the brother taking the wrap? As much as they dislike him surely having such a stain on the family would do more damage to the company than good, no matter how much they like to get rid of him. Can see the truth about his birth coming out as mum trying to distance herself from a so call killer.

Yes your not alone @Lmangla I too am lost as to why she so desperately clinging on to Eun Joo. It's not like she has ever hidden her disdain for Pil Jeong. Were they friends before highschool? There must be a backstory... Maybe mum was their housekeeper or something.  Makes no sense why she clinging on to her especially if they've only know each other since high school. 

Did he ever actually take the kid to an orphanage if so how did he get him back? Surely you can't just rock up claiming to be the father and they hand over the kid. Also where's the mum? Is she gonna show up later? Is there legal paperwork to say Secretary Kang is the dad or can evil mum and her brainless son just show up and take the kid anytime?  Also mum did say she wouldn't let the marriage happen so does that girls mum really have cancer? It did feel like she was leaving for good. So many questions....:D

1 hour ago, kiefshi1056 said:

the actress playing eunjo's mom why she talk like, she is like reading a script and trying hard to deliver it. is she even an actress?

I am not sure why she speaks with a country accent when her brother (eun joo's uncle) does not. also, it is hilarious because it feels like all the actors in that family are actually close to the same age. I keep wondering if the 'mom' is the same age or younger than the actress who plays eun joo in real life. :sweatingbullets:

Archived