[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

7 hours ago, tulip06 said:

@UnniSarah I must have a lot on my mind, because I did not pick that up! 

okay, for everyone else, does anyone find the chairman handsome? Because I’m not seeing it. 

as for the furniture shop scene, both school principal and younger sis were rude. Who mutters about people like that? And that is crap customer service. If that girl can’t take one customer being a bit arrogant, how is she going to handle it when she runs a restaurant and people start throwing things, or refusing food or other bad behavior? Younger sis is too arrogant herself.

Mate still hoping to see a picture of him when he's younger because they keep saying how women were falling at his feet. They must have only been seeing ₩ signs. As for PJ's sister yup she doeshave an arrogance about her, on the plus side she's a grafter.

Urgh that preview hope PJ flips what ever EJ is trying to do and make EJ look like a fool. Seriously if she puts all her energy into her job instead of her seemingly irrational  hatred for PJ and landing a rich husband she could easily scheme her way to stealing the company.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, tas82 said:

Mate still hoping to see a picture of him when he's younger picture of him cause the keep saying how woman were Fallon mg at his ferry moiety or less could have only been seeing ₩ signs. As for PJ's yup she sides have an arrogance about her.

Urgh that preview hope PJ flips what ever EJ is trying to do and make EJ look like a fool. Seriously if she puts all her energy into her job instead of her seemingly irrational battered for PJ and landing a rich husband she could easily scheme her way to stealing the company.

I totally hope PJ makes EJ look like a fool , Just as she did at the fashion show.If the chairman is handsome my eyes must be dilated I'm sorry I cant see it. SJ is slowly falling  for PJ unknowingly,  he  was happy to be with kids, As Soon as he saw PJ with the Doctor's his whole demeanor changed,  In the Preview the doctor said he would drive PJ home , He did not want her to get in his car. He said we live together get in my car lol. Be careful SJ your fangs are starting to show lol.

@0ly40 Thank for the previews

Awesome episode 43 

Here are the Highlights 

PJ showed that there is more to her than meets the eye. She was definitely able to teach golf lessons .

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292dec4577506e35f618

I can never understand why that EJ always looks down on PJ. PJ actually graduated from college. So why does she think she is scum or unworthy.  

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292dec4577506e35f618

The I am starting to believe SK’s ruined her marriage. Her lack of trust and stubbornness has made live so miserably. Even now , she still doesn’t trust him but she is the one going around trying to hurt KBS.  It’s bad enough that KBS isn’t physical strong because she has heart problems.  

I think SK isn’t really in love but infatuated because she doesn’t want him. Now that he has her, he will end up cheating on her because at a certain point he will get tired of being bossed around by his wife.  Her tendency to correct him will push him to spend time outside.

I love how all  PJ has to do is give SJ a look and he knows he needs to behave. Lol 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2920ab0850375ab45c64

Agree @UnniSarah  that was a nice episode. I also think you're right about SH and EJ's marriage I think you're correct and he'll end up cheating on her.

So glad next ep will have the wedding so EJ will be busy dealing with MIL giving PJ some breathing space during which time her and SJ's ship can finally cast off.

Liked that SJ is there telling his friend to like hurry up find the son so he can move out and not get more involved with these people. Bless him he doesn't even realise his thread has already between weaved into their pattern. Out there taking over responsibility for disciplining Min Ho and being stand in dad for Min Ji without even realising. Little Min Ji is slowly wrapping him around her finger and he doesn't even realise it. Then icing on the cake is his genuine concern for her about her dreams and her being lonely and finding love. Loving the slow burn to their romance as well as the sister and EJ's brother then on the other side you have EJ and SH's whirlwind to marriage that's heading no doubt for a crash.

22 minutes ago, tas82 said:

Agree @UnniSarah  that was a nice episode. I also think you're right about SH and EJ's marriage I think you're correct and he'll end up cheating on her.

So glad next ep will have the wedding so EJ will be busy dealing with MIL giving PJ some breathing space during which time her and SJ's ship can finally cast off.

Liked that SJ is there telling his friend to like hurry up find the son so he can move out and not get note involved with this people. Bless him he doesn't even realise his thread has all read between weaved into their pattern. Out there taking over responsibility for disciplining Min Ho and being stand in dad for Min Ji without even realising. Little Min Ji is slowly wrapping him around her finger and he doesn't even realise it. Then icing on the cake is his genuine concern for her about her dreams and her being lonely and finding love. Loving the slow burn to their romance as well as the sister and EJ's brother then on the other side you have EJ and SH's whirlwind to marriage that's heading no doubt for a crash.

I'm agreeing with you guys too on SH will cheat on EJ. He will be frustrated that he is not EJ's first man. He pictures EJ as perfect girl and good catch. and  i believe EJ can't get pregnant and will fake her pregnancy in future.

I really wonder why EJ hate PJ so much, her life is way much better than PJ.  Any possibility that PJ is way smarter than EJ and thats makes EJ shake everytime she sees PJ and flashing back their school days maybe EJ also uses her charm/body to prof to graduate and PJ knew all about it. So happen that PJ also witness her affair with the politician who got her pregnant?? Thats why she has to get rid of her, so happen PJ witness all of it ???

PJ is dressing up and having light make up she looks great :wub: loving the look. Am i the only one thinking that YK will try to match PJ to her dad :)

@tulip06 Thankyou for clarifying about the status of the doctors apartment. While I did recall the scene that you mentioned about how Tae Woo was hiding at his place after getting deported. But apart from that my recollection was that his mother invited the uncle to live with her after her kids decided to leave (him for the mandatory military service and Vixen to study abroad) as each of them (uncle and mother) would be alone so it would be good to have some company at home and the uncle agreed to move in with her at that point. But as it has been sometime since I watched the early episodes it is easy to get confused and be reminded by others.

Now onto other parts of the drama itself.

Spoiler

So for starters there seems to be an interesting debate on a certain picture and who it could be. Including perhaps a name change for one of the characters as well. let’s see can that actually be possible or is there more to this story than meets the eye.

@UnniSarah brought up the point that Ae Shim must be Kim Book Soon but had her name changed at the orphanage or perhaps after getting adopted. Makes sense as that is possible. But at this point I have a bit of a hard time making sense of that. Might agree with @Lmangla that Ae Shim is probably a different person altogether. For instance, we first need to find out why her name was changed in the first place.

A few reasons why kids could have their names changed at an orphanage could be because they were too young to remember their own names or were facing some sort of trauma and thus couldn’t speak. Thus the orphanage heads would probably name them something. After all they couldn’t always call the child kid or something like that. An example of such a thing happening in a drama could be seen in A Home For Summer. Over here the female lead adopts a kid from an orphanage named Aerrum (please forgive my spelling). Turns out that the kid is the biological child of the main male lead. When he finds out that he has a kid he tracks down the location of his first love only to discover this fact and learns his childs name that his mother (his first love) gave. With that name he tries to track down his son. But has no luck due to the fact that since the son couldn’t speak properly at that time the orphanage director came up with his new name which everyone knew him by. Not to mention that the villains used this fact to their advantage to ensure that those two wouldn’t find out quickly what was going on.

Another reason why a name change takes place is because the adopted parents may decide to call them by a new name perhaps to indicate that they have a new life ahead of them and should forget about their past or for other reasons such as depending on their location and all. Such as them adopting their child and moving abroad like the States. Over there they might feel that the child might be treated well if they have a local name. Other kids could either make fun of them for having a different sounding name or couldn’t pronounce said name. Thus a name change could also be possible. A drama example of this could be seen in Smile Again (2010 Version)/Smile Dongae. Over here the main leads mother gets separated from her parents due to a storm and ends up getting adopted by a family in America. The family then decides to name her Anna. (though in this case she also got injured when she got separated which made her mentally impaired) so she couldn’t recall her original name. Also later on when she met his dad he called himself James. Again for ease of the locals and whatnot I presume. Though like the main lead he had two names. One his original Korean name which he used back home and the Western name that he used in the States.

Thus name changing is not as uncommon as one would think. But over here these two factors probably don’t apply here. The reason being is when exactly would the name change have taken place. Not only do us the viewers know her as Kim Book Soon but also the chairman. Remember he asked his guy to search for her under that name. This means that if those two met at the orphanage then he should have known this fact. Unless he joined it later on after her original name had been changed. Which can probably be used as an excuse. It might also make sense why she hasn’t reverted to her original name as well. Either she has forgotten about it or she wants it to be easy for her son to find her and that is why she hasn’t moved from that house as well.

All seems to make sense so far correct. So let’s move on to the pictures themselves. Both Shark and the chairman have a picture of the same woman so it might be easy to automatically assume that person could be Kim Book Soon as the chairman would only keep a picture of someone that he knew and so far that has been her. Thus it would follow that she would be the same person in both pictures yet we have the issue of the name. but what if the person is a totally different person as has been suggested here. Mind you this theory probably requires someone who is good at maths. Since I have been out of practice my math skills are probably terrible and this theory can probably be end up turning wrong as well.

Judging from the age of the pictures we can all agree that they are quite old. The colours are either to faded or they are black and white. The quality of video makes it hard for me to tell which. If it is the latter then this theory might be possible to an extent. Any picture of a kid in the recent age should be in colour. This isn’t the case. In Shark’s picture there is even a mysterious kid in the woman’s arms. Now the logical thing to assume would be that this kid is Shark himself and that is why he has the picture in the first place. But remember he himself doesn’t know what his missing sibling looks like in the first place. So how do we know that the picture either belongs to his sister or the person in it is himself. Has the mystery increased certainly? So in this case either one of them could be the person that he is searching for. Now if we follow this train of thought we should ask if he isn’t the kid in the picture then who could it be.

Here the theory becomes a bit interesting but slightly tricky at the same time as well. What if the child in the picture is actually the chairman himself and the woman in it turns out to be his mother? The quality of the picture then seems to make more sense at this point. It is equally possible that the chairman has that picture with him because that is the only picture of his mother that he has. Plus, it is better than him having an affair with Kim Book Soon and thus easier for the redemption and forgiveness ark of Cruella down the line.

Now why this is the case can be upto the writer. We don’t know why the chairman ended up in the orphanage in the first place. The natural assumption would be because he had no parents anymore. But what if he was sent there for whatever drama logic the writer wants to come up with. Perhaps his mother got pregnant with him before getting married and her parents didn’t want to get embarrassed by this fact so had his shipped of especially when she was supposed to get some good marriage proposals down the line or better yet the father actually came from some rich family but his family disapproved of her and to teach the father a lesson had the chairman taken away and sent to an orphanage. The mother later on got remarried and then ended up having Shark. Problem with this theory probably comes when we try and figure out the fact when Shark was born and comparing him with the chairman’s age to see if those two could be related.

If someone wants to make this theory even more interesting, we could add the fact that the chairman’s actual father was the actual owner of LX Group. His daughter Cruella was perhaps adopted and she was never aware of this fact. Might also be the reason why her father decided to hand over his company to the chairman. One would assume that it was because he was the only male and since he didn’t have an heir he decided to make him one. But what if her father had actually realized at some point that this was his son so he decided to do right by him to an extent thus handed over the company to the chairman as sort of making amends to his family and all. He may have finally tracked him down at the orphanage and realized that the kid was working for his own company and must have realized that he found his way there as part of destiny. If this theory turns out to be correct I would love to see Cruella’s reaction when she discovers this. Her entire life has been a lie and where she thinks that she is the rightful owner it turns out that has never been the case. Probably another way to get her to realize how wrong she has been and her path for redemption. Natrually Vixen will never take this news well.

Granted at this point both these theories don’t seem to hold a lot of weight and is probably too much to expect in this drama. Plus, like I pointed out Maths might be an issue over here. Still thought that I would put it out who knows some of it may turn out to be true.

On a side note those potato pancakes may look nice and all but don’t try and making them in the states unless you have some good ventilation in your kitchen. When I was in college one of my Seniors recounted an interesting tale regarding them. His mother had come to visit him in the States and decided to make him some of those pancakes. He tried to convince her not to do so but to no avail. The end result was that the smoke alarm went off due to the detectors detecting it and thinking that a fire might have broken out. He got a call from the emergency center even thinking the same but he told them that all was okay. Clearly they didn’t believe it that they sent a squad car over to check if everything was okay and when he insisted that was the case they told him to give them a signal if perhaps he was in some sort of trouble (ie thieves in the house but forcing him to lie all was well to get rid of the cops). He figured out what was going on and explained to them that his mother was making some Potato Pancakes and brought some of them out to prove it. At that point they left but with a warning to be more careful in the future. Have tried some and they can actually be quite tasty if done correctly. Even tried rolling pieces of marinated chicken in them as well for extra flavor.

@Lmangla perhaps Tae Woo is unlike his family is because he has his own birth secret. Namely he was perhaps switched at birth for some weird reason and that his parents are actually from a chaebol family or something like that. Only such things can happen in a drama and since this is one this could be possible. Totally a joke since while it could be possible this won’t be the case since this rule generally applies only to the main leads and thus he doesn’t qualify and on top of all this we don’t have time for such a side story considering all the drama that is already going on over here. Though if we are seriously considering why he is like that is perhaps because of the Nature VS Nurture theory. We know for a fact that he has studied in Canada for a long time we just don’t know how long that is. If it was since he was young, then it could be that since he hadn’t been under his mothers or sisters influence he could have a totally different set of how he approached life and all. Thus making him the better part of his family or like previously mentioned he perhaps just takes after his dad.

Am I the only one over here who thinks that some of these characters over here seem to lack some sort of sense over here with some of the comments that they tend to make.

For instance, we had Vixen’s mother complement the chairman on his good looks and then wonders out loud if he was popular back in the day. Normally this wouldn’t be an issue. Well perhaps it might slightly be for a married man but some women might not make such a big deal about it. But this isn’t the case over here. Vixen’s mother is aware of the supposed affair that the chairman had which resulted in him having Suk Joon. She is also aware of just how much Cruella despises him to the extent that she only considers her son as the legitimate heir to the company and then she goes about how the chairman must have been popular back in the day. Totally insensitive in my opinion. One has to wonder just how she manages kids if she is like that.

Then we have the time when Pill Jung was so mad at Suk Joon for attempting to deceive her that she kicked him out and taped his air conditioner. When he returns and notices it both him and her sister wonder why exactly did she do that and not throw it away. Clearly none of them even considered the fact of how hard Pill Jung had to work to earn that money in the first place and how expensive it would have been to the extent that she only could afford one for him and not the rest of her family. With Suk Joon we could perhaps excuse him for being like that since he could take things for granted coming from a rich family and all but her sister should be aware of these facts and should have pointed it out to him instead of agreeing with his thoughts.

Also we have Suk Joon sort of being surprised and feeling a bit sorry for Pill Jung after hearing some of her life story from her mother about how her husband abused her and whatnot. Again logic seems to fail over here. The writer showed us how he had already figured all this out sometime back when he connected the dots so this news shouldn’t come as a surprise for him. This happened when Vixen tried to point out the flaws in Pill Jung’s character in the hope of him leaving that place and all. So she told him how her husband probably beat her. At this point he recalled what her uncle told him about how Pill Jung had a few injuries that hadn’t properly healed. After all, that he was still insensitive to her feelings and agreed to set her up with Suk Joon and whatnot and then feels guilty when the mother informs him of these facts. Was this the final confirmation that he needed to verify these facts.

Am sure I could come up with more examples where I feel like these characters should become a whole lot smarter and be careful in how they behave with other characters and all.

Also not exactly liking how Suk Joon is trying to bribe his way back into that family by getting them all those expensive things as gifts especially the phone that he got for Minho behind Pill Jung’s back. Something else that may end up backfiring especially when his identity is exposed and his real reason for being there.

A few things about yesterday’s episode. We had the incident with Pill Jung’s sister and Tae Woo’s mother at the shop where she came to purchase a bed for her future In Laws. People pointed out about their interaction but for me something else was more amusing. In this case it would be the purchase of the actual bed. We all know that Cruella and the Chairman sleep in different beds due to their differences and all. So they won’t take the gift of this bed well. I do wonder what will be the fate of the poor bed since their room clearly can’t accommodate this new bed as well. They still don’t seem the sharing type at this point. We need something more before they will let each other in the same bed. Cruella also clearly can’t simply reject the gift without further embarrassing herself and exposing the fact that they use different beds and all. Hopefully she will take it out on Vixen which might be part of Karma coming back to her for being so eager to marry into that family. Also Vixen better not use Joker’s cards to buy the items that Cruella has asked for because if she gets caught at this point using his money before marriage Cruella is going to call her out for what she is. Then again I won’t consider Vixen all that smart so she can do whatever she likes. If she gets into trouble all the better.

She thinks that she is the smartest person in the room and that is why she tends to get into trouble. Also so not liking the chairman. He clearly has never heard about democracy. His word his final no matter what kind of objection he faces and in some cases I can understand why he does what he does but I feel like it would be better if he tries to justify it as well. For instance, in the last episode we had Suk Joon try and get Pill Jung as part of the golfers lessons and everyone was against it apart from the chairman. He goes ahead with it even though the rest of his family was opposing it as well as Vixen. We all know the real reason behind their wishes. It was because if Pill Jung is successful then Suk Joon will be as well and this will make it a bit easier for him to take over the chairman’s position in the future something that they are vying for themselves. Hopefully as a lot of you are hoping in today’s episode Vixen will end up getting embarrassed instead of doing that to Pill Jung when she will be able to successfully answer or demonstrate whatever was asked of her. On top of all this she has no issue of staying in the same house with Suk Joon because she thinks that nothing happened between them. In a sense that is true but at the same time switching her affections to his brother after getting rejected clearly paints her in a negative light since he knows exactly what she is like. Things are clearly not going to go the way she plans. For instance, she thinks that she can win over the chairman which will result in him switching to Joker as the future chairman all in the period of one year and then finally not only moving out from that house but also letting her mother move in with them. On a whole not a bad plan but doesn’t she seem to care what Cruella will think about this arrangement.

She seems to be confident that she can keep her husband under control for all this time. She clearly needs to look at his parents living conditions to realize that she is bound for failure as well if she continues down this path. If she wants to keep her hooks into him she is either going to need to get pregnant asap or fake it in some way (if not possible) otherwise her marriage is not going to last as long as she wants and Cruella could even demand a divorce once her little secrets start to get exposed. Right now Joker is blindly in love with her so he may even be willing to excuse some of her faults when they get exposed and even side with her as promised but even that has a limit. Once he discovers that she used him all along and that he wasn’t even her first or second choices he may do things that she wouldn’t like. She can’t also keep threatening him to take her side because that will also eventually backfire on her.

Also while we are on the topic of her marriage how many people think that it will go off without a hitch. (the actual one not after it). Meaning will any of her secrets get exposed before it actually happens which will make either of the two (Cruella or Joker) give pause to it and she will eventually have to blackmail them into letting her marry into that family. I ask this because of a comment her mother made some time back. She warned her not to let her guard down until she actually walks down the aisle and actually marries Joker because at that point it will be Game Over and they won’t be able to easily get rid of her. Is this perhaps a foreshadow of events to come and something will happen which might hinder her attempts to get married. Perhaps an actual drunken confession from her will give the game up or better yet the teacher that she initially had an affair with might show up for some reason. Perhaps their company needs to sponsor him or something or the chairman knows his family and they are invited. At this point those two recognize each other and Cruella picks up on this and decides to do a background check on them and discovers the affair which makes her mad. Remember she was unable to do that at this point because her husband scolded her when she brought up the point of a background check and whatnot. This means that she might need to get a bit creative to get Vixen to change her mind and all. I doubt that she will use the birth secret right of the bat. We know that she is going to do her level best to ensure that Joker gets the chairman seat which means that she will try and sabotage Suk Joon whenever she can perhaps some of them will even be under Cruella’s orders. If she has proof of some of that she can use that as blackmail material.

Oh another thing that I am wondering about is whether or not the chairman will decide to give up on purchasing Pill Jung’s house. We all know why it is so important for the company to acquire it. But will the chairman still be of the same mind once he discovers the fact that it also belongs to Kim Book Soon who is Suk Joon’s birth mother. Not only that but Pill Jung has already helped Suk Joon out and we can be sure that she will continue to do so indirectly. Will any of these facts make him reconsider the purchase of that area. Also what will his reaction be once he discovers that those two have feelings for each other. Will he approve of them or will he suddenly decide that while he is grateful to her for helping out his son’s career and all she isn’t worthy enough for his family and will try and use a way to get her to move out since he would never approve of her and this would be the fastest way to get those two separated. We certainly have a few interesting things to expect from this drama.

Am also wondering just how Minho’s romance is going to end up with. Him wanting to meet up with his mother and dragging his sister and Suk Joon was clearly an excuse to meet up with Yoo Kyung and her reaction seems to indicate that she knows it as well. Also since her dad has finally discovered that she is a widow he may think that she might be a suitable candidate to marry if Yoo Kyung approves. So here comes the love triangle.

@mizkorea Shark being a protector for Pill Jung and family is certainly an interesting theory. That is assuming that Kim Book Soon is indeed is long lost missing sister. Though he needs to discover this fact and that too fast. So far he has been busy intimidating them just so that Joker looks good when bribes have failed and whatnot. Not only that he needs to really redeem his actions to what he has already done to that family. In this case had Secretary Park murdered. Sure it was under orders from Cruella and all but he was still Pill Jung’s husband and she was clearly affected by his death even though she didn’t love him all that much after he abused her and all. Plus, not to forget something important. Villains have a super power to discover secrets before anyone else and use it to their advantage. If any of them discover the fact that he is related to Kim Book Soon they will try and make him get rid of her without letting him know the real reason. Take Cruella for example she knows the truth about her and Suk Joon. So she has him deliberately sent over there so that he can be the one responsible for either evicting his mother from that house or discovering the truth and deciding to not do it which will make him look equally bad. If she were to discover the truth between Shark and Kim Book Soon she would behave in a similar manner because she thrives on the pain and suffering of others. If Shark tries to get smart with her once he discovers the truth she thinks that she can control him with the recording that she made of him incriminating himself for the murder of Secretary Park. Let’s hope that he has enough evidence to not only prove his partial innocence at that point but has his own set of evidence for her other crimes that she made him do.

As for the point that some of you have brought up about Joker and Vixen’s marriage I will agree that it won’t be a happy one and the other point as well which I will get into in a bit. As for whether or not Joker will end up cheating on her remains to be seen. We know that he has had a few women problems back in the day but cheating was probably never one of them. In this case it might be possible once he discovers that he has been totally played by her. The best thing to foreshadow this is the fact that both mothers have told him that he better not cheat on Vixen after marriage and he has agreed to do that because he can’t see her faults at the moment. Things might change once he discovers the truth though. I also don’t know if he actually has the guts to do something so big. The guy isn’t all that smart and he will probably be caught on early if he doesn’t have Shark covering for him and all that. Not sure who he will cheat on. As of now nobody is near him as a potential affair person. So they might need to bring a side character just for that.

As for the fact about him only liking her because she has been rejecting him has to be agreed. After considering all the facts, one has to actually wonder if those two would have ended up marrying in the first place if things were slightly different. For instance, he has had numerous girls set up with him. Some by his mother for business reasons (help him take over the company or support him when he gets the spot). But he eventually gave up on them for some reason or the other. Perhaps they were all too eager to please him just so that they could take advantage of his wealth or some other reasons. Thus he ended up calling the relationships off. But with Vixen it was a totally different matter. First of all, she was his first love or to be more exact he fell in love with her at first sight. But that was only due to her looks. He didn’t get to know her personality. He did try and find out but she had already left. Then when she joined the company she constantly refused his company so he again couldn’t get to know her. By the time she gave his approval he instantly wanted to get married to her ASAP. Probably not because he didn’t want to get to know her better but more likely out of fear that she would change her mind again. This could clearly be seen when she pretended not to recall confessing to him when she was drunk. This probably also increased his fears that she might do the same again. Had she accepted his feelings right of the bat those two would have taken the opportunity to get to know each other better and he may have realized that she wasn’t right for him and have thus broken up with her.

In some ways Vixen is actually quite smart when it comes to charming people to do things her way. The only person she has actually failed to do so was Suk Joon and she is clearly going to try and make him regret rejecting her. She will try oppose him whenever she can and were that fails sabotage is also a viable option for her. She is already trying to charm her future in laws by agreeing to live with them regardless of whether it is a year or less. She knows that is what they will expect of her on top of this her agreeing to it makes her not only look good but considerate and kind as well. when she is anything like that. For her it is a small sacrifice to make for greater gains in the future. Her real intent as she pointed out was to only convince the chairman to change his mind about who to make his successor. At that point she will move out and invite her mother to live with her. Mother being the greedy person that she is seems to like this idea.

Anyway have to go for the time being. will add a few more points later on so till then take care and keep posting.

PS @brooksmom I just recalled reading a few posts back how you lost your post that you were writing some time back. I feel bad for you and have gone through the same thing. So I was just wondering how exactly do you end up typing your posts. Are they through your phone or do you directly post them from your computer. If it is the former I can’t give you any suggestions but if it is the latter, I would suggest you first typing your post somewhere else such as in windows notepad or Microsoft Word. Frankly I would recommend using Word as you have slightly more options. Such as you can highlight words or sentences in bold or write a few things in different colours without affecting the rest of your post but in the notepad you can only use one font, size and colour for your entire post. I have been using this method for quite a long time and am satisfied with it. don’t lose anything while writing all this and all. The only issue that you will have with this method is using the quote system and if you do it might be a bit more of hard work. Since I seldom use that function myself this isn’t really an issue for me. Regardless I am really going now and checking out if the latest episode has been subbed or not. So till then take care all of you.

EJ is not smart.  She may be cunning, and she certainly has weird body language acting that way, all hunched over, sniggering-like, but she is not smart.  If she was, then she would know not to play silly games like she just did.  Then again, when she planted money twice before, it worked out for her, so perhaps she thought this would work too.

I'm amused about tomorrow when SJ will get caught in his lies as a lodger by Docter-nim.

10 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Here are the Highlights 

PJ showed that there is more to her than meets the eye. She was definitely able to teach golf lessons .

I can never understand why that EJ always looks down on PJ. PJ actually graduated from college. So why does she think she is scum or unworthy.  

it was really fun to see pil jeong be so confident and take the challenge with almost a smirk. she was totally prepared for eun joo to do something and came in there mentally prepared. it was great to see a lead helping out another but prepared for whatever the event throws -- not like a typical lead who sometimes wants to be helpful but actually lacks the skills. and not only eun joo, she also showed the other skeptical guests who thought they could not learn anything from a caddie. so she basically showed how a caddie could turn into a pro golfer given the training.

5 hours ago, tas82 said:

Liked that SJ is there telling his friend to like hurry up find the son so he can move out and not get more involved with these people. Bless him he doesn't even realise his thread has already between weaved into their pattern. Out there taking over responsibility for disciplining Min Ho and being stand in dad for Min Ji without even realising. Little Min Ji is slowly wrapping him around her finger and he doesn't even realise it. Then icing on the cake is his genuine concern for her about her dreams and her being lonely and finding love. Loving the slow burn to their

am really liking their slow burn romance and it is coming together how their pairing fits. despite how annoyed she gets, it was surprising that she opened up honestly when he asked her about why she wants to get married. guess she feels really comfortable with him on some level as that's not an easy subject. it reflected her pain, her bitterness -- she sounded like an old woman when she said that she didn't really enjoy being married and didn't have any romantic dreams or hopes. all of that died when she was young and single. it was said so matter of fact style and kind of sad actually.

in that context, their pranks and almost childish vibe they have with each other becomes significant. even though they are in the same age, her life circumstances have made her feel old, like her youth was lost. so in a way, he brings back that youth she lost even though she is not aware of it. and given how seok joon grew up where he was constantly trying so hard to be this good child to cruella and failing -- he also gets to be youthful in a way again with pil jeong. so in that sense, they are actually a good match. and am liking how he is weaving in with the kids in a natural way and it is not really forced.

also like that this romance is happening 7 years after she lost her husband. in many daily dramas, it almost feels like a rebound -- she gets divorced from some terrible loser and the next thing you know, she is with this amazing guy. there is hardly a breathing space but here, pil jeong had several years to be on her own and be her own person. so she is not even confused about her dreams and loved that it is not about her kids. she may be a mom who would consider marriage for them but her dreams is about her love for teaching. so she is her own person away from her kids and she already knows who she is. it is not like the male lead has to show her how wonderful she is at something.

5 hours ago, kiefshi1056 said:

I really wonder why EJ hate PJ so much, her life is way much better than PJ. 

it really doesn't make sense but I am starting to think that it is because pil jeong is confident in herself whereas eun joo was always insecure. so no matter her circumstances, pil jeong is a survivor and a tough cookie whereas eun joo knows in her heart that she lacks that kind of contentment and self-secure. therefore, eun joo hated pil jeong at school and at work and so on..

38 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

also like that this romance is happening 7 years after she lost her husband. in many daily dramas, it almost feels like a rebound -- she gets divorced from some terrible loser and the next thing you know, she is with this amazing guy. there is hardly a breathing space but here, pil jeong had several years to be on her own and be her own person. so she is not even confused about her dreams and loved that it is not about her kids. she may be a mom who would consider marriage for them but her dreams is about her love for teaching. so she is her own person away from her kids and she already knows who she is. it is not like the male lead has to show her how wonderful she is at something.

it really doesn't make sense but I am starting to think that it is because pil jeong is confident in herself whereas eun joo was always insecure. so no matter her circumstances, pil jeong is a survivor and a tough cookie whereas eun joo knows in her heart that she lacks that kind of contentment and self-secure. therefore, eun joo hated pil jeong at school and at work and so on..

I have to agree this aspect of PJ is so important. She knows herself. She has substance compared to someone like EJ who is 2 dimensional and hollow.

Yup despite her background I'm betting at school PJ was confident, well liked and got decent grades. Were as EJ probably had fickle "friends" who were her friends for a purpose, she had to work for popularity and probably just ok grades. In her eyes PJ was living above her station at school so she made it all come crashing down by setting PJ up. Green eyed monster strikes again.

22 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Okay, OT, but why is Soompi telling us our reputation and post count whatever these soompi points are?

we have a new feature called members shop where we can use these soompi points to buy medals and stuff; basically it is just a fun way of engaging. these soompi points are an add on designed by our soompi admin whereas the reputation points belong to the original platform. if you see in my profile to left, there are 4 medals -- these are the points I used to redeem at the shop.

so members shop - look on top left of the page - it will be 5th tab (there's browse, activity, rules, clubs, members shop, applications)

https://forums.soompi.com/membersshop/

to read more about this new feature, check out announcements:

@yamiyugi Thanks for the tips. I'm still kinda new at posting. I use my old pc with no Word software. I've learned to copy my work when I'm taking too long. It seems to be that's when my work goes puff.  Being kind of still new here in the threads, it's amazing how great people are. I might have just one poster that ignores me. That happens in life. 

@Lmangla Wow. You bought all those medals and stuff this year. Yes, I have noticed all those new cute emojis that people are using. I especially like the one you just added to your current post.

21 minutes ago, brooksmom said:

@Lmangla Wow. You bought all those medals this year.

kekek.. 3 I bought and one is a medal for all the staff. but yea, basically more you post, more you get to have trophies and medals. so before we migrated to this current platform, we were on another one which had all these badges and stuff. always found that a really cool feature and missed it here. so am glad that we are now trying to do something similar here. it is all virtual but still entertaining. makes you feel like a little kid collecting them. hahahaha.... have you checked out the emojis available? it has really expanded and there are some fun ones!

:biubiu:

16 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekek.. 3 I bought and one is a medal for all the staff. but yea, basically more you post, more you get to have trophies and medals. so before we migrated to this current platform, we were on another one which had all these badges and stuff. always found that a really cool feature and missed it here. so am glad that we are now trying to do something similar here. it is all virtual but still entertaining. makes you feel like a little kid collecting them. hahahaha.... have you checked out the emojis available? it has really expanded and there are some fun ones!

Loving the emojis their so cute. Feel like such an idiot cause when I first saw them I was like how did the do that even googling lol. Then I went to post something and on that occasion wanted to use an emotion bam I saw them. Sssoo cute. Great idea.

3 minutes ago, tas82 said:

Loving the emojis their so cute. Feel like such an idiot cause when I first saw them I was like how did the do that even googling lol. Then I went to post something and on that occasion wanted to use an emotion bam I saw them. Sssoo cute. Great idea.

yea, this was based on feedback; there is a chat feature on the main page - not sure if you can see it on mobile but I can see it on labtop; there people have been asking for some new things and that has been folded in to the web design by the admin. he is just one volunteer and so it can take time but yea, we are trying to think of some fun new ways to make soompi more entertaining. so if you have ideas, you can post them in the chat or in the announcements section which I had highlighted earlier.

Just now, Lmangla said:

yea, this was based on feedback; there is a chat feature on the main page - not sure if you can see it on mobile but I can see it on labtop; there people have been asking for some new things and that has been folded in to the web design by the admin. he is just one volunteer and so it can take time but yea, we are trying to think of some fun new ways to make soompi more entertaining. so if you have ideas, you can post them in the chat or in the announcements section which I had highlighted earlier.

AWWW bless him. Well props to him. He chose good ones.

Ep44  It almost looks like a shot gun wedding.  And who's that new guy PJ is dating. Is he trying to grow a mustache and goatee or did he just not bother to shave for his date with PJ. PJ can just get any guy now with her looks. She looks really pretty.  Suk Joon looks suspicious of PJ's blind date. Somethings got to be wrong with this guy. And I think so too.

14 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

Also not exactly liking how Suk Joon is trying to bribe his way back into that family by getting them all those expensive things as gifts especially the phone that he got for Minho behind Pill Jung’s back. Something else that may end up backfiring especially when his identity is exposed and his real reason for being there.

Well said chingu @yamiyugi I don’t like him either. I feel that he is going to get himself in a tough situation. Living with PJ , getting close to her family just to find a way to make them lose their homes isn’t a nice thing to do. As we all can see , he is falling for her.  Every times he see PJ with a man, he frowns like this is a bad thing. He should think real hard and wonder WHY HE THINK SO??

Once he falls for her he will be  so conflicted. Lol lol he will feel 10x worse than he already does. 

Archived