[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

11 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Hmm, I see Leon has a birthmark! He will be identified soon!

also, EJ is getting on my nerves because she spent 7 years in London and still has the same messy hair. 

Not just messy hair same makeup , facial reaction so annoying specially when she is happy smiling reporting to her stuff about the meeting sooo fake . i still can't accept she is only 37 yrs old she really looks older. PJ 7 yrs ago looks the same they should have straighten her hair or cut short.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Regarding Min Ho, I worry about his preoccupation with money. Yes, money is a useful tool that can provide him with a better education but I hope he doesn’t become fixated on it. Maybe later on someone will teach him the proper perspective to have on money. Also, his current attitude towards money could just be the catalyst or plot device to prompt him to seek out the rich father aka Suk Joon.

yea it is interesting that he has become so cynical and not that sweet kid anymore. he also seems to be obsessed with grades but there's no one to really put it into perspective that you can get all the grades you want but still have trouble succeeding and the point of exams is to learn perseverance. in some sense, pil jeong is quite handicapped and is not sure how to raise him. it really makes me wonder how he got this expensive bag. but yea, it does look like this attitude problems will be the catalyst for him to want a father. rather than a threat, it is interesting the two children are going to see is as something to acquire.

didn't expect that pil jeong would be the owner of the house. bok soon, the ajummah has really adopted these girls and the children as her own. pil jeong is now sentimentally attached to the house. how long before LX group starts bulldozing them into selling? it looks like ajummah kept the house hoping that somehow the son she gave away would find her way back to her. makes you wonder what the story is because she doesn't seem to know it was the chairman who adopted suk joon but he recognized her. so did he go through different route to adopt his son?

are tae woo and eun joo really related? it is kind of strange that as siblings they have different names. don't siblings usually have one syllable the same? like min ho and min ji? and tae woo is such a different character from his sister. so naive that he would do things like drive for his drunk friend when he was drunk and try protect a thief. oh dear. makes me wonder if there is a birth secret there..

As they say let’s get on with the show. So for starters I wanted to thank @Lmanglaand @Ldy Gmerm for further explaining of why and how Witch and Joker would want to take back Min Ho. I certainly agree that if it is to their own advantage they won’t hesitate to grab him. Otherwise you can clearly see that those two don’t have a single parental bone in their body. Back then they just had him supposedly dumped at some adoption agency and they didn’t even care which one that is. I have seen rich parents in other shows who have abandoned their child behave much better. For instance, they could have decided to secretly sponsor the orphanage that the child was sent or used Secretary Park to do that. Infact it would have probably been good for their public image as well. A clear example of a slightly better parent than those two was the main female leads biological mother in Hide and Seek. She atleast managed to trick her owner to also sponsor the orphanage were she had left her child but also found a way for the owner to adopt her daughter as her granddaughter. Though all this was discovered much later. But these two haven’t even considered any of this. Fortunately, they will get their dose of Karma.

Now before I go further into my post I want to bring something up

Spoiler

Some people may have been glad that we had that time jump into the present but it did have a few good things about it though and I hope that it continues to the present day. Normally when you watch these dramas you are bound to come across doctors who haven’t heard of doctor-patient confidentiality and spill all of their patients deepest and darkest secrets (illness) to anybody that asks by mentioning that they may be related to them and all. Then again they might not do that for obvious plot reasons (drag the story) or you can come across corrupt or incompetent cops. Forcing the main leads to take matters into their own hands and perhaps even try their own brand of justice by trying to get revenge on the people that wronged them.

But over here we at;east had a semi-competent cop. I consider him Semi-competent because while he wasn’t totally able to prove Suk Joon’s innocence he didn’t totally believe that he was outright guilty as some people were hoping. Yes he did seem a bit biased in regards to Secretary Park and his character but still he gets credit for going upto Joker and asking him questions in regards to Secretary Park’s last call. One can’t exactly find him at fault if people are deliberately stonewalling him and his investigations. Joker was constantly denying his involvement with Secretary Park or the fact that he was ever getting blackmailed by him and Suk Joon decided to stay silent when he realized that nobody was listening to him and his side of the story and thought that he was already guilty of the crime.

Witch probably made a miscalculation in her plans to frame him. She must have thought that simply leaving the murder weapon with his fingerprints would be enough to incriminate him. She also probably thought that any low level cop could be bribed to join her side (assuming that the cop that was bought when she came to find him at the hospital due to the glance that he briefly gave her). What she didn’t count on was a detective that liked to do his job properly and would have the guts to investigate the matter further. Frankly I hope that the detective is still trying to solve the case and prove Suk Joon’s innocence. Frankly that needs to be done for Pill Jung to get some sort of closure and even end up with him. Also if the detective has been fired due to pressure I still hope that he is on the side of the angels rather than be bought by Witch and Joker. Perhaps I should totally give up on drama cops then.

But even if that wasn’t the case I am not confident at the cops over here. There are already a few things that would indicate that Suk Joon wasn’t the murderer if they bothered to listen to his side of the story carefully. For instance, how did the cops or ambulance even know where to come. Someone had to contact them. If it was a stranger (Shark or one of the gang members) then why didn’t they wait around for the help to show up. Calling them makes them partially responsible for the parties involved. The police should have tried to track them down. On the other hand, if it was Suk Joon himself that called them then they should actually wonder what kind of criminal would want to call the cops to their own crime scene especially where they leave the murder weapon to find as well. Any sane criminal would probably get rid of said weapon first before calling the cops (that is if they wanted to divert suspicion from them). Sure there are some criminals that might want to get caught and brag about their murder and all but his personality didn’t match that and it would be the total opposite of claiming to be innocent. See things aren’t already making sense to me. On top of all that he claimed that Secretary Park was getting beat up by thugs and he tried to intervene when he too got beaten up by them. This bit could have easily been verified. He was at a hospital where he was treated for his injuries. A doctor could probably verify the fact that the injuries were done by multiple people rather than just one person further getting him of the hook. Unless they wanted to pin it that he was working with the gang and got beaten up to avoid suspicion or something like that. After all the Autopsy on Secretary Park clearly indicated that he was assaulted by numerous people thus the same could be said about him as well. Thus his side of the story seems to make more sense than him being the killer.

Though I am sure that drama cops and their thinking works totally differently from actual logic and that is why he was investigated so much and even considered to be guilty. Speaking of his time being investigated. Does anyone over here think that he got lucky when he decided to leave for England when he did instead of deciding to stay in Korea and prove his innocence. I do because I somehow get the feeling that Witch would have found some way to leak to the media about his case embarrassing his father and forcing him to send him away. This way Joker would have more of a chance to take over the company and perhaps he wouldn’t be able to return at all. But instead he decided that he needed a break on his own. We know that Witch and Joker have no real qualms of revealing his birth secret due to his dad’s inheritance will. So now they are thinking about him finding out on his own. The best way to go about doing that would be to probably invite him over to some function and then get Witch and her husband into an argument over his birth secret. The trick would be to get the timing correct. Since the aim over here would be for him to overhear the conversation and dad is clearly not going to do it if he is in the room already. This means that someone has to give Witch the signal aka Shark or Joker. Thus the moment he arrives they send her a message etc.. so she starts her performance and he overhears it just when he is at the door to the room (house or restraint). At this point Witch can claim that since he discovered on his own they can’t be held liable to breaking the terms of the will and thus they are still eligible to get the inheritance. In a manner of speaking they are correct. Otherwise I have no idea as to how they can make him discover the birth secret. Since nobody else seems to know about it he can’t learn it from them.

Perhaps his dad has some old picture of his mother lying about that he finds. But they would be real lucky to discover that.

Anyway back to the current episode. What I like about Pill Jung is that she is still the determined person that she was back then and can’t be phased by rude customers and all. But when it came to Eun Joo’s apology was that even necessary. What I mean by this isn’t she contradicting herself. Before the time jump she was totally aware that Eun Joo was somehow responsible for framing her back then. (Eun Joo slipped up by mentioning that the bribe money was found in her drawer. The only way that could have happened was by one of three ways. Firstly, she (Eun Joo) had hired someone to plant that money, Secondly, she herself was the one that had planted it or Finally she had witnessed the actual person placing the money over there) regardless of the fact she didn’t bother confessing to any of these facts. Which resulted in Pill Jung telling her that she would never forgive her (also that she wouldn’t bother with her as she wasn’t worth her time anymore). If that was the case, why bother demanding an apology for her. Infact what would have been better is if she simply pretended that she didn’t recognize her. Though that might not have gone as well. I know that people are going to complain and tell me that regardless of what Pill Jung wanted or said Eun Joo should have done it on her own since she is an adult. I have to agree with that bit but as a second lead I pretty much didn’t have hope that she would be all that mature at this point.

People have brought up the fact that perhaps Pill Jung should have changed her hairstyle from her past self. Have no fear I get the feeling that is going to happen at some point. Probably the time when she starts working for LX group. Which might happen around episode 27 or so. Perhaps the chairman will end up hiring her because he will discover that she is in a financial fix and thinking that she is the daughter of the woman that he loved will want to help her out. Unless there is more to that story. Will need to reconfirm after watching the latest episode.

I am already finding it amusing that Eun Joo the Vixen thinks that things are going according to plan such as getting selected at the company and then finding a way to approach Suk Joon and charm him away. Little does she know that she wasn’t selected based on her actual skill but because Joker personally selected her for his crush on her. Ha the joke is on her. As for Suk Joon he simply isn’t all that interested in her to fall for her. She probably is going to need to change 180 degrees in personality if she wants a shot at him. Unfortunately, she isn’t all that smart to figure that out. On top of all this Suk Joon isn’t going to care much about her once he discovers the fact that she framed her friend and that friend is known to him. Any chance that she may have had with him will be blown away at this point. I doubt that she can use the misunderstanding card at this point.

In regards to Min Ho’s obsession with money it probably comes after watching his father like that. For some reason he is also thinking that money is more important than anything. He is already seeing how those with money have the advantage in life and how he will always be on the lower end because of that. But right now I can see why the kids will choose a father who is rich. It will turn out to be a compromise between what they both want. He wants someone that is rich so that he can be on the same playing field as the other rich kids as for his sister she cares more about looks than anything else so that she can also boast to her friends that she also has a handsome dad. Suk Joon fortunately is both rich and handsome so he will be a perfect dad to the kids in this regard. Though I want that the kids fall in love with him before finding out that he is rich as that will have more of an impact on them.

Have to go for the time being. getting a bit busy so will add on to the post. Might also have to check out the latest episode before posting some more. Sorry for that. But I guess that this means that this is a short post. Till then take care all of you and keep posting.

@yamiyugi, I understand that Min Ho wants to fit in with the rich kids, however, somehow his attitude comes across as though he totally disregards how hard Pil Jung works to support them. I feel that he lacks gratitude. That doesn’t sit well with me. I think kids need to be taught that money is earned. Some parents start that lesson by giving kids an allowance for chores they do around the house. It just bugs me that his attitude is left unchecked. In Five is Enough weekend drama this was also an issue but the female lead nip that in the bud. She was careful to teach her kids responsibility and the right way to think of money. 

I didn’t realize that Suk Jun’s mom gave him to an orphanage. Somehow I thought she gave him to the dad. Interesting. 

mom and seok hwan are so openly antagonistic that it makes me wonder how suk joon is not wondering what is going on. does he know his birth secret already? or does he just think this is normal for his family?

pil jeong puts out one fire with the bag with min ho and then min ji wants to learn how to bike. @celebrianna ~ would agree with you that min ho does come across as a bit ungrateful. it feels like pil jeong hesitates to put him in place completely as she seems to be filled with guilt. perhaps she sees herself as a failure professionally? and so feels inept that she can't provide these things for him? he is the reason she even got married and he is the reason she stayed. so she has more than a special place for him in some ways. but agree with you that it is important children learn the value of money and things and its related responsibilities. 

Min Ho is a typical teen in a material world who is learning that hard work doesn’t always get you everything. I don’t think he is ungrateful, because he studies hard, shows up nicely for meals, is neat and clean, listens when adults talk to him, and tries to find his own solutions to his problems. Yes, he has tantrums, but so do adults. At least he has his hormones and childish constraints to explain his tears. In fact, now that I write all this, I find him rather atypical, and wish I had a son like him! 

@tulip06, To me Min Ho working hard at his studies doesn’t bear directly on his level of gratitude towards Pil Jung. It looks like he enjoys studying and being competitive. I don’t necessarily think he’s doing it for Pil Jung because she told him he doesn’t have to come first every time. It seems to be his personal goal and good for him. But back to his attitude towards Pil Jung, I find it lacking because while hard work doesn’t make it so that Pil Jung can give him “everything” he wants, and imo she shouldn’t either, Pil Jung owns the house, buys his food, pays for his medical bills, pay for his schooling, pay for his clothes, etc. That’s more than commendable for Pil Jung who is working numerous jobs to support her kids. I just think that it’s good to talk about money with the kid because who knows where this can lead if not corrected.

@celebrianna I disagree. When children are studying well and are keeping clean and neat, it’s a huge thing. And he does say thank you and is happy when things are done for him. He doesn’t have an attitude. He is not like either of his dads.

moving on to an entitled man who annoys me on this show, the chairman, er, why can’t a woman have children with anyone other than him? His thinking is really “droit de seigneurial”.

@tulip06, indeed we will have to agree to disagree. I expect PJ’s kids to have basic manners to say thanks before a meal. Lots of kids do. I’m not sure why Min Ho would be anything but neat and tidy considering when kids wear school uniforms, like I did, even the teachers go around inspecting them to make sure they are dressed tidy. So then it’s something that’s taught by both teachers and parents and become ingrained in us. It’s another story when kids don’t have that structure like when kids attend schools in their regular clothes in the US. It is commendable though that Min Ho studies. If his class is competitive, it also motivates one to excel. That was the same case with my class in school. 

@celebrianna  Yes, we will have to agree to disagree.  I am thinking of personal experience, and frankly, MH is a dream!  I don't have children, but compared to boys in my family, and some girls, even with school uniforms, he is a very nice child.  And his hangups about money are nothing compared to what I have seen growing up.  He is just obsessed over a bag.  I've seen kids obsessed over cars and houses and go mentally twisted!  

Okay folks I see over here that we are discussing whether or not Min Ho is ungrateful towards his mother or doesn’t acknowledge how hard she works and thus the value of money. To be honest I feel that is a bit hard to figure out at the moment. Because on one hand he certainly does seem to be unaware of these facts and sound grateful by telling his Aunt that his mother isn’t doing anything special by providing for them because that is what’s a parent’s duty and whatnot. But then at other times he seems to be considerate about their condition as well.

Spoiler

To further elaborate let’s look at the fact that he wanted one of the brand name bags because he wanted to be like the normal kids. This was an expensive bag and if he simply thought that his mother was meant to provide for him and his wants he could have simply told her to get him one and if she refused he could have made a scene about it. Did he do any of this? No instead knowing that it was expensive he kept his wants to himself and tried to find another way to achieve it. Infact he didn’t even want his family to find out about the bag and was frustrated with his sister for telling them what he wanted since he was aware that his mother would try and get it for him. This shows that he does seem to have a high level of consideration for what his mother does for them.

That outburst of his towards his aunt in regards to how his mother provides for them could be slightly forgiven due him feeling frustrated on that day and realizing that those people with money would have an edge against them. Still I do agree with people that he needs to perhaps experience the value of earning money and that money isn’t the most important thing in the world.

Though I am glad that the bag storyline has been resolved. Infact it turned out better than I was actually expecting. For instance, when he got the bag and claimed that it was a gift from his rich friends I had a feeling that there would be more to the story. Such as I knew being a main lead family member he wouldn’t do anything bad such as steal the bag or use any illegal means to get it. But also knowing the fact that he was related to the main characters it couldn’t be as simple as that. Therefore, I was thinking around the lines that the rich friends were playing a prank on him or had ideas to get rid of him by first presenting the bag to him and then claiming that he bullied them for the money or bag thus getting him into trouble. It would have been interesting to see Pill Jung believe in him no matter the odds and try and prove his innocence. Showing the love and trust between parent and child. Though what we got in the end wasn’t as bad.

My only issue now is that I wish Pill Jung was slightly smarter. But that would probably be asking too much of a main character now wouldn’t it. For instance, let’s look at her heeding her BFF’s advice in getting a used bag for Min Ho. On hand that was actually a good one. But let’s just look at the mistakes that she made. First she pays for the merchandise without properly inspecting it thus she ends up with a defective product. Atleast the guy is decent enough to let her know that she can get it mended at the service center. So she heads over there without a receipt (proof of purchase) and gets lucky in getting a brand new bag. Her family or sister atleast informs her that this isn’t the normal procedure. Yet what do we see in the preview of the next episode that she has done the exact same thing again. Purchased a defective good without a receipt and asks for an exchange. Shouldn’t she have learnt her lesson from her previous experience and either inspected the goods beforehand or asked for a receipt if she had to go get it mended. Frankly what I am more worried about is that if she continues to do something like this she may end up purchasing a counterfeit item and get into further trouble if she already hasn’t

People at the company think that Suk Joon made a mistake by providing a brand new bag to her instead of just mending her old one and due to this the lost a lot of money. But I think that it was actually smart marketing on his part. After all a happy customer is potentially a better future customer. Since they know that this company looks out for the interests of the customer they will feel able to trust the brand and want to continue to shop over there. Sure there will be people that will try and abuse the system but who doesn’t do that. It will be upto the company to id the frauds and find ways to work around this issue.

Also while we are on the topic of Pill Jung’s intelligence level I do feel that it wasn’t smart of her to promise Min Ho that she would try and purchase the bag for him. Well she didn’t exactly do that since she wanted to surprise him and all. But I found it extremely dumb of her going to the shop and finding out the price and then deciding not to purchase it because it was so expensive. What I mean by this is that she knew which bag he wanted because she noticed his search results for said bag on his computer. From what I can recall the prices of said bag were clearly listed on the site or she could have done a bit or research before heading out to the store. I highly doubt that there would be much of a difference in the prices between the two.

LX Group recently keeps mentioning this school function that they have to attend to. I wonder which school it will turn out. It is either Pill Jung and Vixens old school (where they either taught or studied) or her (Vixen) mothers school. After all everything needs to be connected. Speaking of connections, we are already seeing how each character seems to be further connecting to another of the leads/second leads family for future confrontations. Her sister and Vixen’s brother seem to go for being an item. Need to see how that ends up. Then the uncle’s daughter is going to attend her aunts school. If we continue to follow the connections trope, then it is bound to also turn out to be Min Ho’s school and she and him will end up probably becoming friends. This means there are numerous ways secrets can be accidentally revealed to each party.

Vixen is really trying hard to marry Suk Joon and take over the company. She still hasn’t figured out the family dynamics so she is bound to fail. The way I see it no matter which brother she marries she will have a hard time with Witch being her MiL. Firstly, because she sees her for who she really is and thus disapproves of her and since she despises Suk Joon she wouldn’t want a successful DiL for him. Problem for Vixen is if she proves to be successful towards Suk Joon then she gains her MiL’s enmity. So if she actually wants to live the dream life then she needs to win over Witch first. This means that she needs to show that she isn’t only resourceful but also has to sabotage Suk Joon. Thus losing any chance of being with him. Then she needs to convince her that she is needed next to Joker somehow to be able to marry into that family. Basically not an easy job. Anyway back to the point she is already thinking of ways of abusing her position at work to get what she wants. Such as deliberately postponing an employee interview (for the company magazine not job position) and instead interview Suk Joon instead. Frankly I am glad that Suk Joon will turn down her offer of help. But I can see how current events can be used in her favour.

I suspect that we will have a plotline for the next few episodes in the following manner. Joker is looking for an excuse to get Suk Joon in trouble (and if possible fired) so he has gotten Shark on the job. As of now the only thing that he seems to have done wrong is the incident with Pill Jung when he decided to offer her a new bag. On the other hand, if he sides with her a few more times (not good for either of them) then it could be a problem. The way I see how Vixen can spin the current set of story is that he is a great employee and all who is already finding ways for great marketing and increasing their customers. Since she can’t exactly reveal that he is the current chairman’s sons due to the gag order. This means that the employees and directors will see him in a positive light. Which will only further irk of Witch and Joker. Unfortunately, this won’t matter to Suk Joon who probably still won’t either thank her for her efforts or offer to show interest in her the way that she wants. This will tick her of until she suddenly discovers that the person who received these benefits happens to be her rival aka Pill Jung. At this point I am afraid that she will get back into the business of trying to frame Pill Jung in some way. Meaning that if until know Pill Jung has continued to bring in defective goods without a receipt and expects them to be exchanged Vixen will use this to her advantage. She will get someone to sell her a knock off and when she goes to the service center she will get caught. Probably because Vixen might even send in a tip off to speed things along. This means that both leads will eventually get into trouble. Him for not verifying the goods and her for trying to pass fakes as the real deal. On the other hand, this move might just be what Witch and Joker want and thus finally decide to accept her as part of the family.

Another plot that we are having in the story is the pressure that Pill Jung is receiving from LX group to sell her house. We know that they have tried offering her a secret deal and she has frustrated them by not accepting it. This means that they will eventually resort to other methods. For instance, we have seen her get a notice that if they don’t move their house will be run down regardless of the fact that they are inside or not. Not sure if that is even possible. But then again those with money seem to get away with a lot of things in these shows. Unless her sister can get her social media to prove what that company is doing to them they are in a fix. But that isn’t the only way to force them out of the house.

We know that Joker uses whatever means to get people to sell their land/houses so that the company can develop over there. in the past he got Shark to find out the people’s weakness that he can use it against them. So far as we know Pill Jung doesn’t really have any and I am sure the same can be said for her family as well. Her sister only returned recently so I doubt that she could have caused any trouble yet. The only issues that might be brought up from Pill Jung’s past are her frame up jobs but I doubt that would be enough motivation for her to sell her house especially when she knows that she is innocent. Also not much to charge her with. On the other hand, if Vixen manages to frame her for selling or exchanging fake goods for better company products that would be harder for her to get out. This means that the company now has a better bargaining chip against her. Since they like to threaten people with their weakness they can force her and try to strike a deal with her. In this case they would be willing to drop all charges against her in return she gives them her house. If she doesn’t play ball they can have her locked up and perhaps even threaten to have her kids taken away. Not sure how they will manage the last part since she probably will have it that her sister and stepmother will take care of them. regardless unless she finds a solution such as the person that sold her the fake goods is caught and confesses to everything she will be in a jam.

Another way that I can see them try and obtain this house is through Suk Joon. Since Joker has failed to obtain results through his normal methods he might think that they should either follow Suk Joon’s advice or Suk Joon will be ordered to obtain that land under the chairman’s orders due to getting frustrated at Joker’s incompetency. To do this Suk Joon will probably decide (or be told) to get close to the family and find out their actual intent and wants and use that to convince them to sell the land. At this point people get ready for the long awaited Leon and Suk Joon reunion. Though I get the feeling that this won’t be the actual method why he moves into that house or goes there. Any ideas how and why he will actually go there.

Though now I am guessing why this show is called what it is. From the previous episode we have witnessed that Suk Joon is still surprisingly engaged to his fiancée. Well I guess it isn’t all that surprising since he wasn’t proven guilty for killing Secretary Park then. So there might have been no need to break up his engagement at that point. But now things are different. After all these years he has come to the simple realization that he doesn’t love her as a woman but as a sister. The proper thing to do at this point would be to end his engagement with her. But his dad has managed to convince him to hold on to that since she probably wouldn’t be in a good mental state considering that her mother has relapsed into cancer. She might even think at this point that he doesn’t want to marry her because he is afraid that he would be forced to take care of her mother for life due to her condition and that is why he is ending it with her. When that is far from the truth but in her current situation she might not consider that. Regardless this means that if he starts any kind of relationship with Pill Jung at this point (without ending his engagement) then it could easily be considered that she is having an affair.

I can also see people like Vixen having a field day when they discover this. Pill Jung who would probably be unaware of Suk Joon’s current relationship issues might decide to be with him when his Ex suddenly gets the news that Suk Joon is not only cheating on her but is also living with another woman. This means that she won’t only be hurt emotionally she may pop up at Pill Jung’s place and even try and abuse her such as pulling her hair and all. Vixen will think that Pill Jung should deserve such humiliation since she went through that in the past (when they were teachers). Joker and Witch will also get extremely happy at these turn of events since this means that Suk Joon won’t have someone powerful backing them up and that he was in a relationship with a mere peasant. Though what Vixen won’t be expecting is the power of true love conquers all. She may think that she has successfully managed to teach Pill Jung a lesson of staying in her own zone and embarrassing her by being caught in an affair. She will also probably expect that Suk Joon will do the same thing that happened with her. By this she would think that he would apologize to Pill Jung for leading her on or something to that extent (they had fun and that they should still continue to meet while he fixes this problem and all) but that he currently breaks up his engagement to his fiancé. Instead what will happen is that Suk Joon is going to boldly call of the engagement since he doesn’t feel that way towards her and all. This will frustrate Vixen because the teacher that she was in an affair clearly set down the rules that he couldn’t marry her since he couldn’t divorce his wife and all but Pill Jung managed to totally win over her man. Thus in her case Vixen’s words would have backfired once again (where she tells Pill Jung that she isn’t having an affair but that they are in love and that the teacher was planning on getting a divorce with his wife so that he could marry her) in this case she will actually see the so called power of love.

Frankly speaking of breaking up the engagement I think that the chairman is both right and wrong for holding of this announcement. Considering her current situation, it might not be wise to add something else that can further burden her. But also holding out hope might not be such a good idea for her. In this case it might have been better for Suk Joon himself to hold back informing her. But at the same time her father should be made aware of this fact so that he can gently break the news to his daughter when he feels that she is in a stable position to hear it. this means that the news should be given to him by either the chairman himself or Suk Joon or both of them. this way everyone not only saves face but the Chairman and Suk Joon further save themselves from embarrassment when the villains decide to inform them that Suk Joon is in another relationship or is having an affair. Though to be fair on his fiancée she shouldn’t really take it out on him. She has been around him for a long time. She should have probably discovered by this point that she is the only one in this relationship that has a one sided crush on him. Infact if I recall correctly she even asked him if he actually loved her or not. He couldn’t give her a proper answer to that. (no girl his only love at that point was probably Leon.) After all he seemed to pay more attention to his dog than anybody else. Also another point that should have been noticed back then. When Secretary Park was killed and he decided to leave the country to clear his head and study abroad what the Chairman should have done was have him marry of his fiancée. This would have eased her mind and he would have also gotten a good DiL that could have helped Suk Joon in the future as his intention. They both would have gotten what they wanted. Instead he let Suk Joon leave and keep his engagement up for all those years. Not sure that was the best decision that he made. One can only assume that Suk Joon only kept in touch with her electronically (emails and video chats). Even then one of them should have figured out where they stood and ended the relationship first.

Perhaps she should have been the one to end it first. After all she must have realized that he didn’t have the same level of feelings towards her when he was in no real hurry to marry her. (when that wasn’t the case for her). She may have assumed that given time once they were married he would eventually fall in love with her. But I have doubts about that. Considering their previous living arrangements, she should have had a clear idea of where they actually stood. After all those two were practically already married. Back then from what it looked like to me they seemed to be probably living in the same house just different rooms. Either that or she managed to regularly show up at meal times. In that case she can get a small pass. Infact this brings up a good question someone brought up. They wondered if they thought that there was more to her mother’s illness and how she left to be with her. On one hand her not wanting to be dropped off at the airport could be seen as that. Infact if she was actually the main character it could turn out that she finally decided to be independent of her family and all and thus pretends to leave. Instead she is secretly building up her own empire and then shows up later on or bumps into the male lead. They then work together or close by and fall in love due to the time spent together. Unfortunately, since she isn’t the main character I doubt that is the case. Since her mother’s cancer is back I can only assume that was the case back then also. Though her informing him like that about it the first time might have been her way to see just how strong his love was for her then. She probably wanted him to fight for their love and thus told him. Thus she might have hoped that regardless of what the situation was he would have asked her to marry him. This way she could have been reassured that he wouldn’t be going anywhere no matter how long it took her to treat and be with her mother. It also might have been better if he had agreed to follow her after the marriage. Instead he only wished her the best of luck and all. Thus I really hope that she doesn’t hold this against him for long. Then again I may be speculating and be totally wrong about all of this.

Now to other things before I pretty much wrap up this post.

@celebrianna I have to agree the bit where Suk Joon’s mother gave him up to an adoption agency instead of his father is interesting. Also if that was the case how did the Chairman discover this and bring him in to his family. There certainly seems more to this story than it seems. Perhaps she only thought that she sent him to an adoption agency when infact the Chairman sent his own people pretending to be from the orphanage and took him without her knowledge. Even assuming that the orphanage was real in the first place. At this point if they were real he could have easily bribed them to lie to her that he had been adopted and all. Though a good question then is just how much did he actually love her in the first place.

He was in a serious relationship enough to get her pregnant. On top of all this he takes in her son and threatens anyone that may leak his birth secret with dire consequences. If all that was true, why didn’t he divorce his wife and agree to marry her. From what I can tell he is the main man who has the real control over the purse strings that his wife doesn’t want to leave and wants her son to inherit the company. They don’t dare do anything against his wishes. So I doubt that she came from a really influential family that if he divorced her he would be forced to lose his company. Also wouldn’t it make sense that if he actually had feelings for Suk Joon’s mother he would secretly keep tabs on her even if he ended the affair. We know that according to her she has been living in that house from a really long time. Infact Suk Joon was also born over there. This clearly means that she was there while they were in a relationship yet he seems to be completely unaware of such facts. Infact if he had any kind of special memory with her at her place then he would know that the current construction plans that Joker has would be near her place. He might even come up to check on that place for one last time. He doesn’t do that. Why is this the case. Clearly there is more to the story as you mentioned. Even if she was forced to sign some contract that forced her to never see the chairman in the future something is up. The closest that I can come up with is that she may have purchased the house a bit later on or that they met somewhere else for their meetings aka hotels and all. This way he didn’t know where she actually lived back then. Or she may have been given a certain amount of money for being forced to break up with him and give up his child (again over here they might have even told her where to send the child to be adopted and all when he was born). This could explain why she purchased said house and all. There are other things that don’t exactly add up at the moment but we will need to wait and see how that is revealed to us.

Well anyway that will be all from my end for the time being. So take care all of you and keep posting. Looking forward to reading them.

Oh my goodness! Pil Jung actually gave all that cash to the kid without checking the bag first? :lol: That’s insane! :lol: Fortunately for her she managed to get a brand new bag. I had the same reaction when I took my iphone to Apple for cracked screen repair and after 30 minutes of waiting they brought me a brand new iphone for free. I nearly fell off my chair too just like Pil Jung.

Suk Jun seriously needs to move out of that house. I don’t know how he doesn’t choke over his meals with those people. The toxicity is so high. 

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

Suk Jun seriously needs to move out of that house. I don’t know how he doesn’t choke over his meals with those people. The toxicity is so high. 

He reminds me of Cinderella sometimes.

23 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Is it a tradition in Korea that you have to live with your parents at marrying age? How old is SJ? doesn't he hold grudges? since he was young til this age  her known mother doesn't treat him fairly? I believe no one in this world can accept and tolerate that , he would have leave the house  live on his own. Also for the longest time the dad didn't see or notice the mother didn't treat SJ well? :wacko:

how come we didn't get to see PJ life in younger days . Is it possible that SJ and PJ have met in there younger days ( they usually do that in korean drama):).

WHat made Minho change so much isn't he loves her mom so much 7 yrs ago? Being SH son,  it runs in the blood seemingly same with his father and grandmother.

EunJoo actress doesn't fit her role being smart, educated, pretty and appealing (sorry for being judgemental its my opinion only) :vicx:

Oh fun, tomorrow Leon/Jumbok (what does Jumbok mean in Hangul, anyone know?) will play Cupid! 

And is it so bad to be without a dad? I suppose for children who don’t have one or other parent, they must really feel it. But MH must remember his awful father.

Min No will unfortunately end up learning to value his mum the hard way. There's no way that his birth secret won't be revealed and we all know how that's gonna go..... His dumb dad and evil grandmother oh I forgot he'll probably have evil EJ as step mum too, they will make him suffer and that's when he'll understand that this woman who is of no blood relation or even marital relation still chose to raise him even through all the hardship. They'll have to end up in jail for him to get his mum back cause she had no legal right to him I wouldn't think. 

They need to hurry up and explain why EJ is so wicked towards PJ. She's from a family that's seems have always been well of so maybe PJ got more attention from other students or was just more liked by their peers and just too happy for a poor person, I dunno it'll probably turn out to be some inane reason. Cause from the preview she's going to meddle in PJ's life again trying to stop her getting a job. Why she so focused on her? At this rate she'll end up marrying the dumb brother purely out of spite because SJ has the audacity to not be interested in her but in PJ. The toxic trio will plot and scheme to make sure dumb brother becomes the successor and off course she'll be the driving force in encouraging that they get the boy once she finds out she can no longer have kids cause of her previous calous behaviour and off course she gonna blame PJ for her miscarriage and making her unable to have kids....^_^

do kids really create fake parents? :huh: it seems rather insulting to the living parent as well as to the one who passed away. it felt like pil jeong didn't really tread too much on it. strange! :blink:

29 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

do kids really create fake parents? :huh: it seems rather insulting to the living parent as well as to the one who passed away. it felt like pil jeong didn't really tread too much on it. strange! :blink:

this part was very sad, and the little boy doesn't seems regret it, poor PJ

i imagine the way he  will talk her when he now that she is no  her birth mom and has a rich father, poor PJ, she will suffer a lot

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

Yeah I was wondering the same. Also it's seems because of the circumstances PJ is letting pity take the lead in her parenting. Min Ho needs to learn some manners. She letting too much slide. 

Archived