[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

4 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I can’t wait for the time skip. I hope Suk Joon does go to England for a breather. He’s far too naive and hopefully living on his own in the real world would make him more aware and knowledgeable. Hopefully he will grow more confident and outspoken.

As to Pil Jung, she said she’ll never forgive Eun Joo. Let’s see how well that promise sticks. I have a feeling that Pil Jung’s younger sister will one day meet Eun Joo’s younger brother and become entangled. 

Same same. He needs to mature on plus side glad he now see's mum true colours. Well some of it. I too can't wait for the time jump. Mainly because I really can't stand mums smugness. Especially when she coerced the dude into implicating himself to the murders she act like only she can record. That Secretary to smarmy to have not been recording their conversations. Sure he has a stack of evidence to defend himself.

Oh I really like the idea of siblings connecting. By hook or by crook something will end up having Eun Joo on her knees begging Pil Jung for leniency. 

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, brooksmom said:

just saw latest ep raw. From that ep preview,  time jump starts soon.

That is good. I am quite done with this era.

okay, stopping 8 just to laugh at how SJ is having this big emotional moment over stopping his law studies because it’s not about helping people for him, and Leon is scratching the quilt just right and settling down.

And wow, the husband was a scumbag from the grave.

Still updating as I watch. I would not trust as selfish brother with my pet. And that woman may be poor but they have a house full of stuff. What about dishes and cutlery and the kid’s toys? And all her suits and sweats? They all went into two bags?

11 hours ago, brooksmom said:

just saw latest ep raw. From that ep preview,  time jump starts soon.

Yehey at last, SJ and PJ story is about to start. I'm getting annoyed with the Big Brod and the Step Mom. Is there still Loser Mama's boy guy like the Big Brod in this present time? Also that Eunjoo actress is so annoying as the Hwa Young of Happy Sister. I still can't accept she is only 37 yrs old she is like in her late 40's :lol:

caught on ep 6-8! wow, this drama is so well written and acted compared to the last one. think more need to check it out but probably burned out by the mess wanna taste turned out to be.

On 5/12/2020 at 8:45 PM, tulip06 said:

so, I watched 6 this morning because I am behind, and gosh, I was so impressed at our lead actress and all her mixed emotions! Exactly what you would expect from someone with a kind heart who would not wish a bad death on anyone, yet who wanted freedom from a bad husband who continually disappointed her. When she finally faced the truth about her husband at the police station, she had had enough, and was ready to move on. It was like she going to sign the settlement as a divorce.

that scene was really well written and acted as well. it is a complex set of emotions and she did a great job translating that to screen. we don't doubt that she feels sorry, as well as angry as kind of missing him in that situation. and finally, she had nothing left to give and it was moving on...

@tas82 ~ mom's smile really creeps me out. it is more than being smug. she is enjoying seeing someone miserable and sad. have seen some dastardly villains before but usually their crime is more about having to do it and they are not necessarily enjoying it. here, she clearly got a kick out of killing secretary park and having it pinned on seok joon -- for her, it was a master stroke that she took pride in. she really is quite silly in thinking that she has one over secretary ha. the guy looks like a shark as @yamiyugi called him and he is definitely going to have recording on his own. if she can get rid of secretary park, then she can definitely get rid of him as well. it looks like rather than redemption, this two villains are totally going to go down the evil route.

felt sorry for seok joon; he has long noticed the favouritism but no one explains anything to him. does dad think that protecting him by hiding his birth secret will make things easier? it is clear mom hates him. @tulip06 ~ you are right in saying that it is absurd for him to think mom would raise seok joon with love. not to be mean but it makes me wonder if he cheated on mom because she was always such a cold mean fish and seok joon was his way of getting a sort of revenge on her.

it was interesting that while their first meeting was so blah, their second meeting really has them connecting for a moment. like pil jeong said, him giving the handkerchief and encouraging her felt both warm and sad. but it looks like she didn't recognize him at all.

Somebody needs to tell Suk Joon that the woman he thinks is his mother in not his mother in every sense of the word plus biology. Perhaps then we don’t have to endure his constant gloomy and mopey expression. Thankfully in the preview he looks “bright”. I hope he doesn’t join LX Group. For once it would be nice to see the son of a rich man have his own business.

The warm side of the story for me is Pil Jung and the caring people that surround her. Glad to see her sister is back because she seems brave. Glad it was also confirmed that it was Eun Joo who planted the money. Hopefully that put a permanent stop to Pil Jung kissing up to her.

10 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Somebody needs to tell Suk Joon that the woman he thinks is his mother in not his mother in every sense of the word plus biology. Perhaps then we don’t have to endure his constant gloomy and mopey expression. Thankfully in the preview he looks “bright”. I hope he doesn’t join LX Group. For once it would be nice to see the son of a rich man have his own business.

definitely! he already has a sense that she hates him and now he has stopped trying to please her. having his own business would be a win win for him -- no longer in this toxic tug of war and he is not playing to anyone's expectations other than his own.... but we have lots more episode to go; so maybe we might see a tussle for the company crown?

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

@celebrianna I have not understood PJ and the kissing up to EJ.

pil jeong is an interesting character and so far I like what I see except in relation to eun joo. that is one piece of the puzzle that does not make sense. even eun joo's hatred of pil jeong is puzzling. okay, she had a crush on her teacher long ago but who on earth holds on to such immature teenage angst? she is an adult. why would pil jeong be a competitor when she is obviously worse off than her? are we just supposed to see eun joo as a vicious woman? am not sure I get why she would frame pil jeong. was she just bored and mad that her boyfriend dumped her?

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

pil jeong is an interesting character and so far I like what I see except in relation to eun joo. that is one piece of the puzzle that does not make sense. even eun joo's hatred of pil jeong is puzzling. okay, she had a crush on her teacher long ago but who on earth holds on to such immature teenage angst? she is an adult. why would pil jeong be a competitor when she is obviously worse off than her? are we just supposed to see eun joo as a vicious woman? am not sure I get why she would frame pil jeong. was she just bored and mad that her boyfriend dumped her?

I think Eun Joo enjoys putting Pil Jung down. Maybe Pil Jung’s resilience and strength bothers Eun Joo. Or, maybe Eun Joo doesn’t like seeing somebody whom she considers inferior doing better than she expected. Or maybe since she had to resign because of the scandalous affair, she made it so that Pil Jung gets her contract terminated because of a scandal as well. I guess there can be any number of reasons.

I like this new Suk Joon so far. I don’t know how long this new attitude will last but I think it would make the world of difference if he finds out that his father’s wife is not his mother. In that way he can be on extra guard against her. 

Eun Joo really screwed up Pil Jung’s chances of getting a job as a school teacher. Even now the scandal still follows Pil Jung. I hope Eun Joo gets her comeuppance after these seven years. I get the impression she has her eyes on Suk Joon but I’m hoping it leads nowhere.

18 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I like this new Suk Joon so far. I don’t know how long this new attitude will last but I think it would make the world of difference if he finds out that his father’s wife is not his mother. In that way he can be on extra guard against her. 

in a way, it is really startling. he really doesn't seem to care what mom and seok hwan feels. mom notices that he now uses honorifics with her. so did he just cross the point where he was fed up and now sees them as outsiders? I wondered several times if knows his birth secret. when mom makes a comment about him applying for director, his almost sarcastic response is that he is is father's son. he does not say her son but his father's. and  it is fun to watch because he seems unpredictable and far more volatile as well as aggressive.

18 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I hope Eun Joo gets her comeuppance after these seven years. I get the impression she has her eyes on Suk Joon but I’m hoping it leads nowhere.

oh she will get her karma. she is going to be so mad that pil jeong gets his attention while seok joon doesn't even glance at her. at the party, someone said he is very cold to women and he turned down her interest in a very quick manner. he was shrewd and was not fooled by her smiles. .

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

oh she will get her karma. she is going to be so mad that pil jeong gets his attention while seok joon doesn't even glance at her. at the party, someone said he is very cold to women and he turned down her interest in a very quick manner. he was shrewd and was not fooled by her smiles. .

This is my take too. EJ will hate that she ended up with SJ's brother and that SJ never fell for her obvious tricks to get his attention.  She will marry in and think she has it made even though she did not get SJ. Given her personality she will definitely figure out quickly that her new husband and his mother do not like the younger brother.  Later when SJ and PJ are dating she will be scared and angry along with jealous. EJ thinks she is better than PJ and she will hate that PJ ended up getting SJ's attention and love when she never could. Then you have the fact that PJ knows her past about the affair, about the baby and the frame up that ruined her teaching career. EJ will be pushing hard to say bad things about PJ to try and make sure they do not end up together but all it will do is push PJ and SJ closer together. 

When that fails she will be resentful and mean (her normal self.) to PJ all over again. 

EJ will have to deal with her mother in law who will harp on everything as she did not like her before and her son found a way to sneak EJ in under the radar and marry her. EJ has the issue of no one but herself, her uncle and PJ knowing she was once pregnant. With complications she will either have a hard time having a kid or can't have one and her mother in law will find that out some how (because drama doctors always tell all to the MIL's) which will set her off because MIL will have something to say about it. This will make her all the  more resentful to PJ (Not sure why as PJ is not the cause of her womb issues) because PJ is the convent person to blame it all on. I think EJ is like the stepmom (who loves to make SJ look bad and ruin his life if she can) and relishes when PJ is troubled. Any one who intentionally frames someone knowing she has children and may not be able to get a job deserves the karma that is coming. In the end she will be made to see how foolish she was but I hope she looses everything including her reputation. 

I am sure whatever happened when they were younger is the issue between PJ and EJ. MY guess its a large misunderstanding and EJ is blaming PJ when it was  never PJ's fault. Either way I see EJ getting her large dose of Karma in the end. 

I do suspect that it will prolly be EJ who figures out that MH is the brothers son they are looking for. Especially if she is unable to have a child and the mother in law tells her about the man having a son and they start looking for the child. It won't matter to them that the boy may have a family he loves. Disrupting his life because of blood is what they feel is their right. 

I think that I will give this show a few more episodes before I give my final verdict of whether or not to stick with it or not. As of now it certainly is a bit interesting. Not to mention that we seem to have an incompetent second lead as well which makes this show amusing to watch. Bit more on that later. On a side note I just spotted a side actor from the show Bad Love in this show as well. Now I feel spotting no name actors in shows is more fun at times. Showing how many dramas that a person has watched that they can recognize said actors even though they aren’t all that well known now but hopefully in the future their career will pick up.

Now before I go on in this post I feel like I should respond to some of the comments that I got last week.

Spoiler

@celebrianna As I pointed out my point was only to add more drama in a dram. Pun fully intended. But you do make sense that in her current situation it wouldn’t be fair for her to raise someone else’s kid. Like you even I consider Min Ho as her own son regardless of who gave birth to him. Infact Witch should take a page out of her book. Just because you gave birth or not to a child doesn’t make you a parent but how you raise said child. Plus, while my point makes sense from a drama perspective it doesn’t do so from a character perspective. We have seen her as the type as to not take nonsense from others so I doubt that she would have been okay doing so at this point. Even though Eun Joo does have a small soft spot for her. (not anymore). Plus, this isn’t that kind of drama so it wasn’t bound to happen.

@brooksmom I want to apologize for you getting cross eyed while reading my previous post. As anyone that knows me and my posts can attest that I tend to write really long ones and also tend to get slightly off topic and all. So I want to apologize for that once again. I do try and shorten then but it just doesn’t seem to work for some reason or the other. Infact a mod over here has told me that if I want to continue posting use the hide comment/spoiler function to continue posting. Anyway in regards to your post itself. The Water Boy reference goes over my head. I think that I have watched the movie but can’t be sure. Is it that Adam Sandler one where he is the water boy for his school/university football (that’s American Football) and then somehow he ends up joining them. I also think that his mother was totally against him doing anything that she didn’t like and that the rival coach of the other team stole his coaches winning moves and that is why they were the reigning champions and all. Other than that the entire movie is a blur to me. Perhaps I am even mistaking it for some other movie as well.

My main issue in comparison between this drama and Fatal/Dangerous Promise is the support that the female lead has in both of them. Over there she is pretty much on her own. Let’s compare the two female leads in this category. The only people on her side happen to be Ji Hoon and we really can’t add him to this category since he is also a potential love interest for the female lead. The family that has been looking after her brother when she was behind bars are all older than her but seem like they are capable of causing trouble for her down the line due to various reasons and all. As for Tae In while they have similar agendas they work on their own which often clashes with each other because they aren’t on the same page or share their plans since they can’t trust each other.

On the other hand, Pil Jung has her BFF in the form of the nurse who has her back and is more than willing to help her out without even considering her own situation. Making her a much better person and friend than Eun Joo the second female lead. Then on top of this has this mother like figure in the show as well. Infact it is so sweet that she even considers her as one and thus has started calling her mother as well. Not to mention her own sister as well who gave up her own life in Australia the moment that she discovered that her BiL passed away and that her sister might be in a fix. Now that is what you call family. On top of all that she has her children for moral support. This makes the drama a lot more interesting. Not that Fatal Flaw doesn’t have its own strength. Since in that the story becomes more of the underdog and them winning against all odds. How much a character can take before either crumbling under their weight or overcoming them still.

As for the main lead he certainly seems to have changed after the time skip. On one hand he seems to be sharper and a bit more ruthless but at the same time he still has the kind and helping nature that he had before he left.

@celebrianna an @Lmangla thanks for explaining the affair meaning. I do think that words can mean differently depending on the context. For example, another way of using the word affair could be seen in the following sentence. Person X decided to wrap up his entire affairs of the day before deciding to bite the dust. In this case it is a perfect example where we won’t mistake this affair as adultery or infidelity. Also as pointed out words and their meanings can change over time. My best one was a tale where my English teacher was unaware of the latest meaning of gay. Back in the good old days it used to mean happy before its current meaning where it means something else. Anyway my teacher tells her senior class that the person that they were studying for a story had a gay personality. The students were totally surprised to hear that and had to reconfirm this fact. She was totally surprised to hear that and had to clarify that she meant that he had a happy personality not the other meaning. She then later on came to our class to confirm if that was indeed the meaning and not that her class was trying to pull a fast one on her or something. Our class then confirmed that the word has indeed changed to the current meaning. A shame really. It just shows us that we need to be careful of the words that we now use as they can have a different meaning for another culture or so.

Oh @brooksmom in reference to your other shows the only one that I haven’t heard or watched would have to be the last one that you mentioned The World of Husband and Wife so I can’t comment on that as for you hating cheaters wouldn’t really be off topic atleast for me. Since that is what certain characters were doing or might have been implied to do you are in your right to view your opinion on said characters or as a general on their kind aka cheaters. Frankly cheaters never get it that winning in the short run never ends well in the long run. But that is a story for another day.

@tulip06 Thanks for that. Wasn’t actually planning on sticking around for this one as this was basically a recommendation from someone that I knew to check it out and give my thoughts on that. Still the show seems somewhat interesting and as there seems little to no chance that the female lead will be having an affair I think that I will stick around some more. Do need to go back to Fatal Promise at some point since I am atleast two weeks behind on that while trying to catch up on other shows. In regards to how he treats his son and how he should have just given child support to the main leads mother is a good point. But I think that he perhaps didn’t do that as a precautionary method and all. Take Secretary Park for instance he decided to take advantage of raising Min Ho and tried to blackmail his parents every chance that he could. Not only that he was planning on letting Min Ho get his share of the company when he grew up and all. Cleary his intent was to also collect some cash or some kind or reward for doing that. In the same way the Chairman was probably afraid that the mother might resort to something similar in the future and since he didn’t want that to happen he took the child before that happened. Then again we may have something else happen aka his father forcefully took the child from the mother and lied to him in regard to that. Oh wait that only happened in Fatal Promise. Must be getting confused my bad.

As for him treating his two sons differently. I can get that being a bit unfair. But look at his wife was she any different. From day one she had it against the main lead. This was clearly seen by the fact when she went to pick up her own son that studied at the same school as the main lead. At that point it was raining and she only picked up her own son leaving the main lead to come on his own in the rain. If she tried to show him some sort of affection back, then she would have waited for him. This was probably before the dad was showering him with more affection. Not only that there is a fundamental difference between the two brothers. One is certainly competent and smart while the other isn’t. In such cases it isn’t unheard of parents praising the smarter one. The intent is mainly so that the others learn from the one being praised and try to do better. Though in some cases this can backfire and grow into resentment. This is what happened in this case it also didn’t help that the main lead was the stepbrother that he was being compared against.

I can understand the stepmother not being happy raising someone elses child especially considering the fact that the mother may actually be still alive. But she is equally at fault. She should have let her husband know about this before agreeing to it. Frankly she is another one of those people where I feel that a divorce would be better. Clearly there is no love remaining in that family as the husband and wife sleep in different beds these days. The only reason that she stays back is due to greed and the hopes that her son takes over the company regardless of whether or not he is competent or not. As of now it seems like she will probably leave with nothing if she gets a divorce. Frankly I don’t buy any of her complaints at this point of how the husband didn’t treat their son fairly or showered more love to the youngest. As a wife she had a say back then. Instead she chose to remain quiet and pretend to be a loving mother and whatnot. When instead she was a scheming little witch.

@celebrianna we need to prepare your diploma for correctly guessing that Pill Jungs sister is going to bump into Eun Joo’s brother and get entangled with him. :)  Apparently that is going to happen in the latest episode and all. Though someone might need to clarify something for me. According to the trailer the brother is deported from Canada. How exactly does that happen. Since I am not Canadian I can’t tell how nationality laws apply there. From what I hear a child born in the States automatically gets American Citizenship. Unless that has changed. I would assume that the same rules would apply in Canada as well. After all it was for that very reason that his mother probably gave birth to her son over there so that he wouldn’t have to do his mandatory military service in Korea. Since he would be a Canadian Citizenship and thus exempt for partaking in that. So if that was the case can the Canadian Government deport their own people out and how exactly does that work. I remember many years ago I was reading a newspaper article when something similar was brought up. A person committed some crime that the country decided to deport him. It then turned out that since he was a citizen of said country where exactly could they deport him. The courts then had to further relook into his case to see where they made such a mistake and how to handle it. I didn’t check out any further rulings at that point since I didn’t get any other newspapers back then (before the time of internet) so I don’t know what happened over there. but over here things do seem a bit off. Can they simply pack him off to Korea and say that he is your responsibility because he looks Korean or perhaps send him to China if they further couldn’t tell which Asian country that he was from. Would they force a country to pick him since they didn’t want him anymore? Have to see the reason in today’s episode. But I get the feeling that it will be equally absurd and that it was just used to move the plot ahead.

@brooksmom Don’t worry you really didn’t miss out on anything important between Pill Jung and Eun Joo scenes that you fast forwarded back then. Those scenes can pretty much be summed up as the following.

Pil Jung – Cheating is Bad, You shouldn’t have an affair. It will ruin your life

Eun Joo – Mind your own Beeswax, No I am not having an affair/cheating, What you call an affair is actually love.

Pill Jung – I thought that we were friends, I really wanted to be friends with you again etc.

Eun Joo _ Get real we aren’t friends, Who would want to be friends with someone like you etc..

As one can see that Eun Joo had an elitist attitude that made her think that she was better than everyone else including Eun Joo. Infact to this day she still hasn’t totally outgrown her childish rivalry with Pill Jung.

@Lmangla like I mentioned earlier it seems like she (Eun Joo) hasn’t gotten over her rivalry with Pill Jung. So it makes sense that she wants to get rid of her even now. I am only going to assume that at this point it might be something to do with how popular Pill Jung is compared to her. For instance, we had a student that was willing to admit that they witnessed another teacher try and plant the money that resulted in Pill Jung getting fired. If she wasn’t popular or liked students wouldn’t care about her being let, go like that. I also think her getting caught in an affair with her fellow teacher was another point that hurt her ego. She had an issue that Pill Jung was aware of this fact and could have used it against her. Not only that but the students pretty much assumed that her affair was actually happening. For instance, if she came across some students defending her it might have been a different story. But not only were they thinking that it might actually have been true but Pill Jung was this great person and friend trying to protect her by covering for her. See the common thread was people thinking that Pill Jung was a better person than her which her ego just couldn’t handle.

@Ldy Gmerm while I do agree with most of your points especially Eun Joo getting her dose of Karma and how most of the things will play out. I am not so sure if they can bring Min Ho into their family just because he shares blood with her husband. We have to remember that his dad had made certain provisions in his will that if it turns out that he has an affair then he won’t get a single dime of inheritance. Now if they had played the part that Eun Joo was a single mother it could have been an issue but the dad might have been willing to go with it. After all that will be the case with Pill Jung. So in that case he might with great difficulty have accepted Min Ho if she pretended that he was her child back then. This way they could keep their dirty little secret and get the son back. But now it will be too late to attempt this kind of deception. So if they try and force and take Min Ho as a part of their family they will need to explain to the chairman why they are okay with throwing out Pill Jung but okay with her son remaining with them. unless they come up with a convincing story they will have to admit the truth which will result in them getting nothing. It would make more sense therefore for them to try and get rid of him at this point. Unless they try the whole thing that they are suddenly attracted to their own bloodline. (known to happen. Home For Summer was a perfect example of this)

Now to other things unless I remember something else.

After watching ten episodes or so I have finally found nicknames for certain characters and would like your opinions of them

For the Second Male Lead I have come up with Joker/Jester/Clown. Frankly am going with Joker but the meaning of the names remains the same. Tell me one scene where he has actually done something smart or good. Every scene that I have seen him in so far is laughable. He is raising Leon and ends up stepping on his poop. Then he tries and gets rid of him by leaving him in the wild. Even then he can’t be taken seriously. Perhaps it didn’t help that the background music had a light and fun theme going on. It also doesn’t help that he hasn’t actually done anything evil on his own. He has totally depended on people like his right hand man Shark to come up with a plan and heeds his advice than his own or relies on his mother to come up with a plan to bail him out or something. Infact after Shark takes care of the Secretary Park situation only after it is done does it cross him mind that he might try and pull a fast one and try and blackmail them in the future. Only to be relieved by his mother that she had taken precautions by recording that incriminating conversation that she can use it if he tries to betray them. shouldn’t he have come up with such an idea on his own. He also tries to drink wine on the job because he was so happy that his brother was finally leaving town and all.

The Right Hand Man has already been nicknamed Shark by me. Since I already explained my reasoning behind that in my previous post I won’t go into it ahead again. I just hope that he actually remains as a smart person that is actually secretly recording all kinds of incriminating conversations between him and his mother and other kind of evidence on the various deeds that they are making him do so that he can use it incase they try and get rid of him in the future. While I don’t like that guy I feel like he is the only person that can actually keep them in check. It would even be better if it turns out that he tries to take over the company from under their noses. Perhaps it might end up resulting them teaming up with the male lead to save the company. Not sure what I feel about that though. Perhaps them losing the company might be for the best. The male lead can have his own company later on so this wouldn’t be such a major loss for him.

For his mother I have come up with the name Witch. This is because she fits the perfect example of the classic evil stepmothers. They pretend to be nice, loving and caring infront of the father but secretly are plotting to get rid of their stepchild and take over their empire. Just waiting for her to present him with a poison apple. Though in this case she isn’t hiding her distaste all that much from him. The only thing that is preventing her from revealing his birth secret is another of his father’s clause of them (her son and her) not getting any of his inheritance if that is revealed. But I am still going to go with the nickname because the male lead seems to be oblivious to the fact that she is his stepmother and believes all the lies that she tells him about why she doesn’t shower any love on him and what not. He still wants to have her love which frankly isn’t worth it at this point. I certainly hope that he ends up with his biological mother and lives with her.

For Eun Joo I have come up with the name Vixen. Could have gone with fox or something more but felt that would have given me a waring. So felt that Vixen was better and safer at the same time. The problem with her is that she doesn’t go for true hard work and wants an easy life. For that reason, she is willing to use her charms to get what she wants aka a rich and successful man so that she can live an easy and comfortable life. For that reason, she doesn’t care whether or not that person is married or is interested in her. She thinks that her wiles will be enough to wrap them around her fingers and get what she wants. Will talk about her current ambition to marry into LX group and marry the main lead a bit later on.

Will need to figure out nicknames for the main leads since their current characters are different from what they started out. Such as Main Lead could have started out as Geek while he was wearing his glasses and all but that isn’t the case anymore and the female lead could go as PE since she used to be a PE teacher back then. But since she lost her job I can’t come up with something now for the time being. Her friend can still retain the name Nurse for the time being as she atleast still has her job. The rest need to be thought of since some of them were introduced to briefly or new characters such as Pill Jung’s sister.

Speaking of side characters @Ldy Gmerm mentioned how at the moment only the people that are actually aware that Vixen had a failed miscarriage would be Pill Jung and her uncle. I am pretty sure that the uncle is currently unaware of this fact. He hasn’t shown any kind of indication that he is aware of it. Not only that but she told Pill Jung that she wanted to leave the hospital ASAP because it belonged to her uncle and if he knew that she was there then her mother would also find out. Her uncle did have a brief glance of her but thought that he was mistaken. So unless some paperwork came across his desk that makes him aware of this fact I am going to go that he is unaware of this for the time being. speaking of the uncle his young daughter is going to be brought into the picture. From the age talks that I am getting means that she will probably end up bumping into Min Ho and becoming either his friend or rival. Further connecting Pill Jung and her family to them.

As for the reason why she will end up with Joker will probably depend on her ambition. She currently wants to be with the main lead because she thinks that he will inherit the company. Thus thinking that she will get the life that she wants and needs. But then she will realize that Witch and Joker have similar ambitions and want the company for themselves. If she further discovers the fact that he is an illegitimate child, then she would think that it would be better to team up with Witch and Joker since it would be better to be on her potential MiL’s side compared to all the abuse she would otherwise go through being the main leads wife. Also if she keeps getting rejected by him she will certainly think that her second choice will be far better than no other choice. Plus, if she thinks that she is smart enough to make her man the owner of the company then even better. But like people pointed out her rivalry with Pill Jung will start when she will realize that the main lead has feelings for her after all the time and effort that she put in and yet failed. It will be back to her jealousy of how that happened. She will try to get rid of her by any means necessary. I suspect that the first thing that she will do to break them up will be to secretly reveal that not only is she a single mother of two children. If that fails, she can easily add that she doesn’t have a trustworthy character by trying to point out that she stole as a kid and then recently she accepted a bribe from a parent and that is why she was kicked out from her current job as a teacher. Plus, I am sure that the dad will have probably already have done a background check on her and thus known about those loan sharks that she owed money to and all. That is if the guy still remembers her. Right now his trusty guy did inform him of this fact. But at the same time I feel that Vixen would also want to get rid of Pill Jung because if she finds the main lead becoming successful and therefore able to take over the company then her plans would also go down the drain. So getting rid of them would also make sense. After all she seems to believe that if she doesn’t profit from her choices then the other person should equally suffer. It could also be another reason why she framed Pill Jung when they were teachers. Since she was forced to leave her post then why should Pill Jung remain. Wasn’t her comment akin to that in which she just needed to be better than Pill Jung at all times. Why this is seems to be beyond me. Perhaps it is her elitist attitude that everyone should know their place and remain in their spot. So in this case anyone below her should always remain there but she has no issue trying to go above her rank and station. Clearly she needs to be taught her place. I guess Witch is the best person to do that.

Leon’s reunion with Suk Joon should be extremely heartwarming and I wonder how that will take place. Clearly it will be at her place but one has to wonder just how far those two are in their relationship. Such as are they just starting or in the middle or by the time that they are serious. You can be sure that he will be extremely grateful that they found and raised him all these years and I feel that he will fall more in love with her if possible or if this is the start it will be the beginning of when he actually realizes that she is a great person and all and thus he wants to be with her. I also suspect that it will be the true turning point when he will discover just what kind of people the rest of his family actually are. For instance, I highly doubt that Leon was adopted from a shelter but rather found by Pill Jung and her family. They then decided to raise him as one of their own. On top of all that it remains to be how they found him. For instance, finding just a lost and abandoned dog just hanging about might be enough reason to drop him of at a shelter but what if that wasn’t the case. Such as we witnessed that when Joker left Leon he gave him something to eat. Now this could be something totally harmless and was used as a distraction allowing him to make his escape without being followed. But on the other hand it could have been something equally sinister. Such as poison of some sort to completely get rid of the poor dog. I wouldn’t put it past his character to be ruthless like that. Therefore, it makes more sense that when Pill Jung and her family found Leon he was barely alive. Thus they quickly rushed him off to the vet. Saved his life and at the same time discovered that someone tried to kill him off. So they decided that he was better off with them than with a family that tried to get rid of him. If they reveal this to Suk Joon he would be furious at his brother for trying to harm his precious dog. I guess at this point the gloves would be off between them. I do wonder just how friendly Leon is towards strangers. Regardless I can see him jumping on Suk Joon the moment that he sees him. They will both recognize each other after all he hasn’t changed all that much in these years. Suk Joon on the other hand is a different story. Fortunately, dogs have other means of recognizing people.

Though how the parents will reunite will be another story. Speaking of this someone mentioned how their dad seems to be a hypocrite in the way that he had an illegitimate child in the form of Suk Joon but he has made it in his will that his son won’t get a dime if he follows in his father’s footsteps. I get that this may seem a bit unfair but I think that he did it as a precaution. First of all, he probably doesn’t want his son to repeat his own mistakes. Secondly we know that the eldest son had numerous girl problems where he dated them and then broke up with them for whatever reason. He just got lucky that by his track record he only got one of them pregnant what if more than one ended up like that. This would mean that he had probably ruined their future chance of getting married. Not only that but they could come and claim for the family fortune because they had his child. To prevent all of that the dad must have implemented this rule. If on the other hand he had been more reliable when it came to his love life the dad might not have needed to take such drastic actions against him.

Okay I think that it would be best for me to end my post at this point as it has gone long enough. Will probably come back to check out all your posts. So keep posting till then.

@yamiyugi ~ some great points ~  it didn't strike me about how the students reacted and why that would have hurt eun joo's ego. that makes a bit more sense on why she would take out her frustration on pil jung at being dumped. it still seems a bit strange that she would be competing with pil jung unconsciously even though she thinks pil jung is beneath her....

and I agree with you -- mom and dad could have just divorced. she stayed because she wanted wealth and power for herself and her son. so she basically agreed to parent suk joon for her own purposes but always kept him at a distance. it would have been better if he had just been privately told his birth secret so he knew how to navigate the politics of the family but it seems dad wants to keep appearances.

in regards to min ho, am thinking on the same lines as @Ldy Gmerm; think at some point, there is going to be a tussle over this kid's custody. it is not because the mom or suk hwan want the kid but more for wealth or status or something like that. they are too selfish and have zero interest in what happened to this child but can see them taking an interest if it suits their financial interests.

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

in regards to min ho, am thinking on the same lines as @Ldy Gmerm; think at some point, there is going to be a tussle over this kid's custody. it is not because the mom or suk hwan want the kid but more for wealth or status or something like that. they are too selfish and have zero interest in what happened to this child but can see them taking an interest if it suits their financial interests.

This is my thought too. If EJ can't produce an heir and something comes up that requires him to have one then they will certainly revisit the issue of the child they tossed away. The child's life meant nothing to them when they got rid of him because it would have caused a problem for the brother.  But if they can find a way to pull the child back in and profit they will. They never gave up parental custody so for them they will think its ok to disrupt his life even if he is living in the same house with them. They will not care if it harms him emotionally to know they tossed him or that PJ is not his real mom.  Stepmom and her inept son are all about greed and taking over everything for selfish reasons. 

I have an interesting theory, the word affair in the title of the drama do may be reference to the fact that PJ will dating or even get engaged with EJ's uncle (the nasty friend) but will fall in love with the male lead

liked the first fight between pil jeong and suk joon. he is certainly going to remember her now as she was so strong. pil jeong didn't plead with eun joo or anything like that when they met again but asked for an apology. eun joo gave a fake apology only to turn it around into a situation so that pil jeong basically gets fired -- for creating trouble with a restaurant customer. pil jeong stuck to her guns and would rather quit then give an apology. mom and seok hwan are hoping to create a plan where suk joon would find out on his own about his birth secret and just leave. am guessing that he will end up as the family's boarder as he finds out the secret. after all, there has to be a way him and leon meet! the drama is moving at a faster pace than I expected...

@yamiyugi, I love the way you addressed the issue in the chairman’s household. The wife could have divorced her husband when he brought home the illegitimate child but she most probably agreed to the Chairman’s terms to achieve her pay day. Your other points on this matter also make sense. 

@Lmangla they were playing a melo song after Pil Jung quit but I thought it served her right. Why hasn’t she gotten it into her head yet that she should quit getting involved with Eun Joo? The woman has repeatedly proven to be Pil Jung’s undoing. Yet, Pil Jung is demanding an apology from her when she’s clearly unapologetic? Utterly ridiculous! I hope Pil Jung’s character doesn’t continue to flunk in the application of her life’s lessons.

Regarding Min Ho, I worry about his preoccupation with money. Yes, money is a useful tool that can provide him with a better education but I hope he doesn’t become fixated on it. Maybe later on someone will teach him the proper perspective to have on money. Also, his current attitude towards money could just be the catalyst or plot device to prompt him to seek out the rich father aka Suk Joon.

Archived