Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

Kocowa Translation:

Mr. Boo: How dare you come here? :popcornjackson:

Consultant: I came here to say goodbye. Thank you for raising my child so far. 

Ae Ri: Goodness me, is she Ga On’s mom?

Geum Gang: Shouldn’t they live together?

Min Joo: That’s why I told you to stop. Cut your coat according to your cloth.

Stepmom: Gye Ok.

Stepmom: Tell me. Why are you two together at this time? What’s going on between you two?

———————————

From today’s episode, I liked the way Sul Ak told consultant lady that it’s not her place to vet the person he likes. It was a nice slap across her face. It felt good to see her storm out of his office because of his response. I hope Mr. Boo cut her down straightaway and leave no room for her sympathy card.

Min Joo seem to be enjoying this new development though. I guess it happened just in time since she just found out that Mr. Boo will allow GYO to accompany Baek Doo in the soup room. Please, please writer give us a delicious takedown of Min Joo. Then again, I think it’s best if I lower my expectations to see her utterly exposed and humiliated. Even if she finds out that con man is conning her before their plans come to fruition, somebody already have her in pictures carrying on an affair. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that he knows his dad and daughter are fine with him dating, he is taking more initiative haha 

Basically he asked GO if she had someone in her heart...Because He said he had someone He  wanted to Hug even when it was forbidden, someone he wanted to be with all the time, someone who makes him fe

I think Min Joo will get her lesson in being exposed for carrying on with the Chef loosing what she is trying to strong arm Mr. Bu into giving her as alimony. I also feel that she will get another big

Spoiler

Finally, the secret's out!

Ga On knows her dad isn't her biological dad! The reveal came a lot faster than I was expecting. The way it was revealed was a bit meh, starting with her listening in to AR/GG gossip about her. 

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1

@heartslined I still haven't watched the RAW episode, but I did watch the preview and

Spoiler

Ga-On runs away from home directly into Megan's arms?! Her of all people? She knows her for no more than two weeks! But I guess in a way it makes some sense...

I hope Megan doesn't take this opportunity to manipulate her.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Manora she probably will tho, it’s not gonna be a kdrama without that kind of plotline v_v

Gods we’re all still waiting for Minjoo to plunge into the deepest ditch and now this development lol. But out of topic, despite her character being so despicable, Minjoo’s actress has a pretty good English pronunciation! Sometimes I see actors or actresses with rather “forced”? English pronunciation but hers sounded pretty good, I get Megan’s actress needing to have good English skills but not a noodle restaurant lady lol

• LOL 3

Rough trans of ep 93's synopsis

Gaon, who spoke to Seorak with a fake letter, runs out of the house unable to process the shocking truth. Meanwhile, Jung Geon is with Minjoo and gets caught by traffic control. He is asked for an ID...

미리보기 가짜 편지로 설악을 떠본 가온은 충격적인 사실을 견디지 못하고 집을 박차고 나간다. 한편 정건은 민주와 함께 있다가 교통단속에 걸려 신분증을 요구받게 되는데...

• Thanks 1

@heartslined OK so now I've watched this scene alone and

Spoiler

Indeed, it was a very strange way to find out about it.

Should we at least be glad that it wasn't Megan who told her the truth out of revenge? Or she didn't do it just because Ga-On found out before that?

• Like 1

Guys, nobody is commenting on the fact that it seems that the Boo family knew all along that Sul Ak wasn’t the biological father. What’s up with that? How did Ae Ri and GG know? I’m going by what’s implied by some comments on YouTube. Of course the subbed episode later will clear up any misunderstanding.

Anyway, it’s expected that the truth would be a burden to Ga On. I suppose she feels that it’s better to stay with her biological mom, understanding that the Boo family raised her when she’s not their blood kin. This turn of event was predictable to me considering Ga On’s personality. 

@heartslined @Manora @Mocharel

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Guys, nobody is commenting on the fact that it seems that the Boo family knew all along that Sul Ak wasn’t the biological father. What’s up with that? How did Ae Ri and GG know?

I don't think they knew. I only watched RAW, but I think Aeri just raised a doubt without any certainty or proof.

I remember after Halla found out the marriage is fake, and Seorak told him he should have behaved better, Halla told him he's the one who hurt their father the most because of Ga-On, and that he shouldn't lecture him.

So I don't think the family knows about it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Guys, nobody is commenting on the fact that it seems that the Boo family knew all along that Sul Ak wasn’t the biological father. What’s up with that? How did Ae Ri and GG know? I’m going by what’s implied by some comments on YouTube. Of course the subbed episode later will clear up any misunderstanding.

Anyway, it’s expected that the truth would be a burden to Ga On. I suppose she feels that it’s better to stay with her biological mom, understanding that the Boo family raised her when she’s not their blood kin. This turn of event was predictable to me considering Ga On’s personality. 

@heartslined @Manora @Mocharel

I think the family is under the impression that she is his daughter but certainly have their suspicions, with her not looking much like SA. 

Rough trans of what Ga On overheard Ae Ri and GG saying: 

AR: She (Meghan) looks like GO.

GG: Of course! Ga On doesn't look like SA so she must look like her mom.

AR:  But, is SA really her biological dad? No matter how I think about it, SA is not the type of person to have an accident like that. 

GG: If SA isn't her father, then who is? I still can't wrap my head around it (I think he is referring to SA having an out of wedlock pregnancy). But if she isn't his biological daughter, why did he take her in? 

AR: I don't know too! Dramas have birth secrets so why couldn't it happen?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@heartslined, thanks for the rough translation. So then I suppose now the entire family is going to find out the truth because Ga On ran away to stay with her mom. I haven’t seen the preview yet but I guess things will blow up. Min Joo’s gloating face might have to take on a different look now that the truth would come out that Sul Ak isn’t even the biological dad.

• Like 4

SA: Yes?

GO: Dad, Mom she..

SA: What about your mom? 

GO: Mom sent me gifts and a letter

SA: Oh. And?

GO: Shall I read it to you? 

Ga On-ah, it's Mom. Mom has missed you so much. You don't know how happy I was to meet you. However Ga On-ah, there is a secret you need to know...

SA: Ga On-ah! 

GO: ...to tell you the truth, the person whom you call your dad now...

SA: Ga On-ah! 

GO:  .... is not your biological father!

SA: How did you find out?

GO: It must be true.

SA: What? 

GO: The fact that I'm not your child. I thought it was perhaps a possibility but it must , it must be true. That dad, you are not my real dad!! ;(

SA: Ga On-ah! 

GGO's mom: Tell me honestly, why are the two of you together at this time? What sort of relationship do you have?

GGO: Mom...

SA: I like her. I like GO very much. She is someone I want to be with 

GGO: Sorry that I couldn't tell you Mom 

GGO's mom: What about you? Do you also feel the same way?

GGO: I like him. Mr. Boo knows everything. That I like this person very much.

GGO's mom: I don't know what to say. I think this whole situation makes no sense. Even if you like each other, GO is single (?) and even so, you (SA) have a daughter. 

GGO: Mom..

GGO's mom: No, even if you like each other, what about your family? Do they know about your relationship? What about your father, will he approve? 

As much as you like each other, will your daughter be taken care of by GO? How can GO be a step mother to a daughter of that age?  I can't accept this relationship.

Think about it carefully. I am going to work. 

SA: GO, sorry for coming to find you this morning

GGO: It's ok, at least my mom knows about our relationship now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I actually like how Ga On found out, because she's a smart girl.  You can tell she had her suspicions but had no reason to follow up on it from before.  There was that one scene she was needling SA about how there doesn't seem to be any resemblance between the two of them.  Now that her mother showed up though she has reasons to ask these questions, because she can now get answers.

• Like 1

Although the preview video wasn’t posted yet, here is Kocowa’s translation of the preview at the end of today’s episode:

Gye Ok: He’s not her dad?

Sul Ak: Ga On (ah)

Nosey Aunt: What if she wants her daughter back?

Mr. Boo: Who wants who back?

Consultant: Welcome. Let’s go in. 

Police: Plate number 5032, stop the car. 

Police: You have violated the traffic signal. Please show me your driver’s license. 

Conman: I don’t have my driver’s license now, but just my ID card.

Gye Ok: Chef Cha...

Ga On: Who is my dad? 

Consultant: It was as soon as I entered high school.
———————-

I just love how Mr. Boo told off the consultant even after she gave her sob story. He told her that maybe this is her fate not to get to be Ga On’s mother. He also told her when Ga On grows up she can choose to meet her mother but as of now she’s still a kid under their charge. I’m wondering if the father and the rest of the family will find out that Sul Ak is not the biological dad. It looks like only GYO will know this truth for a bit. If they all shut their mouths, nobody else from the family will know.

However, I think this truth should be revealed by Sul Ak rather than the father and everyone else finding out through other means. It’s better if he tells the truth considering everything is blowing up in his face. Remember he only came clean with GYO because the woman appeared in front of her. He’s not handling this correctly. Now the woman appeared in front of his family without his knowledge. He needs to just reveal everything. 

• Like 4

I know it's not as half important as Ga-On's current drama, but does anyone else here think Aeri is pregnant? Or maybe the writer is trying to fool us...?

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Manora said:

I know it's not as half important as Ga-On's current drama, but does anyone else here think Aeri is pregnant? Or maybe the writer is trying to fool us...?

I definitely think she’s pregnant. She keeps feeling nauseous with the scent of food.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, celebrianna said:

However, I think this truth should be revealed by Sul Ak rather than the father and everyone else finding out through other means. It’s better if he tells the truth considering everything is blowing up in his face. Remember he only came clean with GYO because the woman appeared in front of her. He’s not handling this correctly. Now the woman appeared in front of his family without his knowledge. He needs to just reveal everything. 

Regardless of how the Boo family finds out the truth, when/if they learn about it, Seorak can finally clean his name and reputation in their eyes, though most of them would probably think he was a pushover/stupid enough to grow up a kid who he knew wasn't his (I wonder what Mr. Boo's reaction will be).

It was Seorak's choice to do that and since then it has affected his entire life and how people see him (the recent example is what Gye-Ok's stepmother thinks about the issue), not to mention he needs his daughter's approval for any woman he wants to date/marry.

@celebrianna Like you said, Seorak did not have any intention of revealing the truth as long as it wasn't necessary. I can't imagine him telling everyone about it, but let's wait and see.

Can I just say how much I dislike Megan? If the character was a bit different, I might have been on her side in regard to her desire of seeing and having a relationship with her daughter. But because of her attitude and greed, I have no sympathy towards her, she actually disgusts me with her obsession to Seorak.

One last thing, in the preview conman chef might be in trouble because of his identity.

Spoiler

Don't "worry", he probably gets out of it this time as well, since the character is still working as the restaurant's chef in the 100s episodes, according to Instagram posts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Manora, at this point, Sul Ak not revealing the truth to his father would be utterly disrespectful. So, before his father finds out through other means, it would be better for him to tell him the truth and ask for forgiveness. In effect what Sul Ak did was blatantly lie to his father by letting him believe the child was his own. It’s not Sul Ak alone who had to endure the shame in SK society. I’m sure people also pointed their finger at the father. Since he knows his father was thoroughly disappointed in all his sons in recent times, he shouldn’t make this situation worse. 

As to the consultant lady, when she thought back to meeting GYO at the Boo family house, she had the attitude of entitlement. She’s really shameless. Both her and Min Joo are conceited. I hate Min Joo more than her though. 

Regarding the conman, I don’t expect him to get exposed now. I think the development tomorrow is meant to arouse Min Joo’s suspicion about him but really, I hope she doesn’t discover the truth until she’s lost everything.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
19 hours ago, celebrianna said:

However, I think this truth should be revealed by Sul Ak rather than the father and everyone else finding out through other means. It’s better if he tells the truth considering everything is blowing up in his face.

Well, according to the preview, it doesn't look good.

Spoiler

It seems that Megan will be the one to reveal this truth to Mr. Boo, while the others are eavesdropping as usual.

But again, let's remember the preview is sometimes misleading. 

And to think we should've watched Monday's episode today! :-(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산