[Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

0ly40

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

In the preview it looks like, as usual, Gye Ok gave up on Seol Ak. I don’t know why she doesn’t stand up for their ship. Mr. Boo approves so why should she care what the others think.

Exactly!

The preview upsets me to no end!
I still don't know what they're saying, but Gye-Ok needs to have more self-confidence and to think about what's good for her and her only. Why try to please the others all the time?

I know it's a crisis they'd have to deal with at some point sooner or later, but it's still sad.

I hope that after it's resolved, Gye-Ok will never again think about giving up on Seorak.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just managed to watch up to Episode 56 and I am thinking to continue or to stop as I always fast forward when Kong So-Young appears...as I watch this series...KSY is the worst "sponge" of them all...she is only thinking how to get more money...how to cheat...how to live an easy expensive high class lifestyle and all at the expenses of Kye-Ok / Gye-Ok. Worst off is KSY mother JMH even willing to tell lies to Gye Ok just to get money for KSY to spend like crazy. More I watch this 2 mother and daughter...no wonder when both of them are in Gye-Ok life... it spells TROUBLE...
Question...how to stay on watching...
Even Boo Han-Ra is so willing to change to be better so I still cannot understand why KSY instead of change to be better...she is getting worst...so demanding and threatening and ouch... just the sight of her is YUKS.
Worst off is Gye-Ok is stupidly feeding off the lies of this two Mother Daughter...blindly giving money when asked for...just out of the guilt of what her father did to the step-mother... Stupidity or ???

Lastly...sincere apologies for ranting off as really need to get it off the chest if going to continue watching...
This whole series...I am only interested to know the final outcome of Elder Boo Young-Bae plans

I am expecting this will happen, knowing GO's personality she is strong, kind and worry about everyone  especially her loved ones or close to her.  Also, writer nim need to put a break into the story line cause we still have a long way to go before this drama series end.  Also, GO does not know that Mr. Boo gives SA the go signal to pursue his hearts desire.

My blood boils about the conman,  he is just using MJ. Glad that AR comes into her senses to start working and makes a living for herself and  her kids.  Hoping, that her husband will realize his mistakes. HR is  having problem with SA/GO being in a relationship.

Oh no!  Not the 'noble idiot' trope!  The 'break-up-to-make-up' trope!  

To-date we have had our share of drama tropes:

- birth secret 

- rich/poor 

- scammed & scammer people

- contract marriage

- usual meddling relatives

- whack family relations (adopted/not adopted - relatives by marriage)

Guess it's time for the 'break-up-to-make-up/noble-idiot' trope card to show.

Any tropes I'm missing?

Yeah I feel like this thing about Gye Ok is just some unnecessary drama since they want to add more drama and plot with the ship but they can’t do much since Gye Ok is accepted by Mr. Bu and Ga On already. And the most logical thing to do was... split them apart LMAO it’s pretty preposterous i can’t help but laugh. I imagine it’s the same reason why they’re dragging this conman business for way too long, because I feel the writers are unsure on what to do after the conman business is done. I personally think they can still add a lot of stuff and just wrap up this gradually ridiculous plot with the chef, it’s overstayed its welcome, that for sure. They need to add more plotline that will actually serve to establish Gye Ok’s place in the family, like early in the series it really felt like Gye Ok was working to earn her keep and it reflected the core of the story well. Now.... not so much, i wish the writers would come back to their senses and start writing like they did

@dulceres, Han Ra needs to stop being selfish. Seol Ak hasn’t dated anyone for many years. Now he finally found someone he likes he must sacrifice his feelings for big baby Han Ra? Gye Ok too needs to decide what she wants. I know she doesn’t want to harm her relationship with Han Ra but at what price. Any moment too Ga On’s mother is supposed to show up. What happens then? Regardless, the mother is a sensitive issue for Seol Ak and most likely Ga On.

@celebrianna, agreed with you re HR being selfish.  I know that you are on point about GO. I am hoping that this story line of separating the OTP will not last until the drama is almost at the end. 

GO needs to be happy too and for sure it is being with SA as she can lean on him in times that she needed him the most.  I don't think that SA will totally let her go, cause he understand how GO is feeling that she lacks the qualifications of being SA's girlfriend/wife.

You know  typical plot in K-drama world  "noble idiot" per @watchumlotsmentioned in her comments.:blush:

Have a great week and stay safe you All!!! We are still SIP where I live.

I will say a child literally having a Serious mental  breakdown Is Not something I have seen a drama. Yikes. I know Ae Ri has no apparent Redeeming qualities but being a horrible excuse for a mother is just the worse. At least Baek Doo shows his daughters affection and understanding.  

@RobinM Did you mean Geumgang? I agree tho even early on Geumgang was more understanding than Aeri towards his daughters. I hope this misfortune would make her change her ways and realize she needs to step up her mother game and be more like a mother for once.

I completely agree that this ridiculous plotline needs to end soon, if they want to add more drama to Gye Ok and Seorak’s relationship, adding Ga On’s biological mother should do the trick. And while at it, wrap up the conman business bcs the plot is getting real old and overstayed its welcome.

Finally watched yesterday's ep...man Ae Ri is darn lucky she wasn't the one getting smacked up with the book. She's always palmed them kids off on her mum. They were just accessories to her no doubt she kept trying for a son just for status and ended up with the last two. She barely showed them any attention yet had the cheek to want to have a 4th.  Poor kid had more sense than her mum yet she gets the shitty end of the stick. Hopefully this is a wake up call. She out there wanting to live the chaebol life without the chaebol bank account and also out there playing gangster. Unnecessary angst but it's already here so.... Let's just hope it's a short trip down this road.

Ep 77 w/Eng subs:

Move along --- nothing to see here.  

Imagine it's meaningful that Son2 is lecturing bums on how the world works, but it's not clear to me since he's such a loser at his get-rich-quick 'investments.'  Maybe he will be a teacher, or someone who counsels bums? 

It's still not explained about why D-in-Law2's mother is hanging around town instead of moving back to her hometown with her absent husband.  

And I think the only reason OldGuy is after ScreechingAunt is because his hearing is bad. Going to change her Soompi name from Aunt to Screech!

I agree with you @Mocharel and @RobinM, ]this conman plot has been dragged on for far too long. Seems like it's been put on hold for the sake of the GG/AR storyline.

Good point @watchumlots Old Guy and Screeching Aunt do make a good pair now that you put it that way haha 

I've honestly been losing interest and skipping through most of the recent episodes. Even SA and GGO's relationship is neither here nor there with GGO easily bothered by what others think. At least Ga On and GGO are getting along now. 

Tomorrow's preview and episode 77 gave a marriage vibe.

Kdramas previews tend to be misleading, so I'm ready to be disappointed (very disappointed). If something good happens - that would be great, but if the opposite, then I'm ready.

My gut feeling is,  the lady who bumped into Ga On is her biological Mom and the consultant that will be working with SA is the same person. 

As expected separation between the OTP starts this coming episode, hopefully; it will not last until Ep 119 and reconcile  the last 10 minutes of the final episode.

Cannot believe how crook the conman is, using fake name.  MInjo is  crazy for falling  with this con artist.

I am glad that GG  started working and AR realize  that she needs to be an attentive Mom to her three girls especially Tae Hee, also  Tae Hee needs to go to  therapy for whatever problem she is having.  Honestly, I really don't like  the plot of involving kid illness into any drama, well we are K-drama world:blush:

Happy weekend Chingu's and stay safe:wub:

Archived