[Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

0ly40

Ep 71 w/Eng subs:

D-in-law2 thought she was going to guilt/embarrass OldMan into getting her another apartment, well, she's been out-foxed.  

Dying to see Son2 wake-up in his undies as all the other bums took advantage of him while he slept.  I will pace tomorrow waiting for Ep 72.

Son4 will move-in with his new girlfriend, that moves their relationship along.  Poor Son4, feel so bad for him; he tried to help and only got himself evicted. 

D-in-law1 should save fuel expenses and ride her broom to work.  I'm just sayin'.  

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, the conman is at work. I hope Gye Ok doesn’t fall for his con. However, I notice that all of Mr. Boo’s children  and their spouses do suffer from their stupidity. Could it be that the conman will at least succeed in conning Ms. High and Mighty Min Joo? 

@watchumlots but hey slightly in Min Joo’s defense she did a pretty good job handling the restaurant where Baekdoo did nothing? Sure she’s a witch but she’s a hardworking witch, can see why she feels entitled to the restaurant (doesn’t make her schemes that make concubines in historical dramas weep are good tho), I watch another drama called Once Again and there’s an even worse witchy scum there on par with Gye Ok’s stepsis, if not worse! Unpopular opinion but Min Joo as a witch would make a broomstick ride look classy imo just sayin

@celebrianna oooh yes she will, I feel that she will need to be “redeemed” herself and the only way for her to do that is for her to be the biggest victim to the chef’s con, which will deal a major blow to her ego. She’s built up this image of a responsible DIL and this will ruin all her “hard work”, the others will be like “hey you’re just as bad as all of us, if not worse, who are you to act all high and mighty?!”

@Mocharel true she is a grafter. But she being paid extra with whatever she's been pocketing off on the side. Once the con is revealed she can take herself back to cackles academy for all I care cause I really hope she won't be a part of the family anymore. 

@Mocharel, Min Joo seemed like she dedicated her life to the restaurant because she thought Baek Doo would inherit it which effectively means the restaurant will be hers. However, even if she did work hard, it doesn’t entitle her to Mr. Boo’s restaurant. Mr. Boo and Gye Ok already paid her compensation for her work as a manager. In fact, I think what Min Joo does is no different to any other restaurant manager who gets paid for their management but does not own the restaurant. Therefore, I cannot sympathize with her belief that it should be hers. Mr. Boo worked his tail off for that restaurant and it makes sense that he wants it passed down in his family which mean his children’s children.

26 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@Mocharel, Min Joo seemed like she dedicated her life to the restaurant because she thought Baek Doo would inherit it which effectively means the restaurant will be hers. However, even if she did work hard, it doesn’t entitle her to Mr. Boo’s restaurant. Mr. Boo and Gye Ok already paid her compensation for her work as a manager. In fact, I think what Min Joo does is no different to any other restaurant manager who gets paid for their management but does not own the restaurant. Therefore, I cannot sympathize with her belief that it should be hers. Mr. Boo worked his tail off for that restaurant and it makes sense that he wants it passed down in his family which mean his children’s children.

Well not exactly her entire life, but only 3 years. And yes, she did it because she wanted Mr. Boo to see her as the only suitable person to take over the restaurant, rather through inheritance to her husband or by getting a branch on her name through a divorce.

I can't wait to see what MJ thinks and how she'll act after discovering SA and GA's relationship, and of course to whom she'll tell about it. She's the first person in the family to find out about them, after Mr. Boo. Anyway they have nothing to be ashamed of, and I hope they won't let her blackmail them or something.

BTW, I think I've catched a major spoiler for next week on Instagram ;)

To play Devils Advocate  Though she was working hard to keep the restaurant going, being a stand in mother for Ga On when needed, putting up with a cheater man child husband and presumably looking after the old man as a daughter in law should and none of his sons were capable or interested in helping run manager the business. 3 of them just got handed things. She did more than just paid manager would ever do and in her mind why should she not get rewarded? 

I did some snooping on IG and it like looks like we will be getting more of the backstory of the relationship between Seol Ak and Ga On's biological mom soon.

The actor that plays young SA posted a video of him acting on set 2 days ago. In the video, I caught a glimpse of the actress who plays Ga On's mom and she had a hand on her protruding belly. It'd probably happen around ep 79-81 ish because the actor who plays GGO's nephew posted that he was filming ep 80-81 1 day ago. 

19 hours ago, heartslined said:

I did some snooping on IG and it like looks like we will be getting more of the backstory of the relationship between Seol Ak and Ga On's biological mom soon.

The spoiler I saw on IG was a post of the actress below, who is going to have an appearnce in episode 79, which means next Friday. One of the hashtags she used (in Korean) was "Cheong Ah" (청아), and

Spoiler

that's the name of Ga-On's biological mother. So if I'm not totally wrong about this, her mother is back (at least for a while) and thus the scenes from the past with young Seorak.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDEsLnjJsHd/?utm_source=ig_embed

17 hours ago, RobinM said:

To play Devils Advocate  Though she was working hard to keep the restaurant going, being a stand in mother for Ga On when needed, putting up with a cheater man child husband and presumably looking after the old man as a daughter in law should and none of his sons were capable or interested in helping run manager the business. 3 of them just got handed things. She did more than just paid manager would ever do and in her mind why should she not get rewarded? 

That might be the case but it still doesn’t entitle her to Mr. Boo’s money and restaurant. As long as she earned a wage for her efforts in the restaurant, it’s good enough. In terms of the family, they offered her alimony for the divorce and she refused it. Mr. Boo then offered her land, and she declined it unless she get the branch. It’s not like she will walk away empty handed. However, as spoiled or as lazy as Mr. Boo’s sons are, at least they’re “his” children so of course he will want them to inherit his money. Who in their right mind would give their in-law their money or legacy unless that person is a saint and the father/parent is a philanthropist? In any case, we as viewers already know Min Joo is a snake and a gold digger who married Baek Doo for his financial worth and prospects as the eldest son. I can’t root for her to get a dime beyond alimony. Baek Doo is fortunate in that he’s a cheater but at least he’s a son. 

Sons or no If Boo died today 3 of his 4 sons would ruin his life’s work in a year Tops.The greed, immaturity and laziness would ensure that.  The other one would feel obliged to make it work out of loyalty but would have no joy or dedication and see a burden. He would have to quit the job he enjoys and worked hard for. 

Yeah. Min Joo is a conniving Witch but she is also competent, experienced and smart. She could run a business competently.  Why does Some goof  like Han Ra deserve more than she because of genetics? 

Agreed @celebrianna despite I can see why she feels like that the way she’s now going full-on scheming concubine mode isn’t the right thing to do, and it’s going to damage herself in the end as well. Seeing how most of the sons were all no-goods and Aeri doesn’t even lift a finger to do anything it’s no surprise if she thinks she’s a cut above everyone in the household and developed that kind of toxic behavior. All the while the chef completely had her in the palm of his hand, she didn’t even realize it! they’d better start selling popcorn in Buruna since it’ll be one heck of a spectacle once things blow up in her face

@Mocharel, I suspect gold digger’s next move is to bring in inept husband to further her schemes with the chef. Unfortunately for Mr. Boo, the patent will take a year so if conman manages to successfully con gold digger wife and inept son, he very well might make off with the prize. 

@RobinM, conniving schemers should never be rewarded. If none of the sons are capable, they can bring in a competent manager to run the restaurant and have Seol Ak watch over the company finances, etc. It’s much better than keeping a back stabber in the family. I certainly think that incompetence shouldn’t be rewarded either but I think most people can find a compromise without abandoning their children. Also, Ae Ri might be an airhead but she can’t do much harm. Min Joo is smart and all that and she can ruin the financial prospects of the family as a whole through stealing their trade secret. Would you prefer a kitten or a viper?

@Manora:lol:You’re right, Min Joo only worked at the restaurant for three years but I meant she dedicated her life (thinking, breathing, eating, hearing, etc) to the restaurant because she thinks it should be hers. 

Meanwhile, Mr. Lowlife Conman is planning to con his ex-wife and mother of his child. He doesn’t even ask about JW and it’s more than clear now that he knows he has a child. Also, seems that she knows he was scamming people in the past. It was hard to watch both Seol Ak and Gye Ok apologizing to Conman and Gold Digger who were both acting righteous as if the accusations weren’t spot on. I really wish conman would only be successful at conning gold digger. What a lesson she will learn. Her father is a gambler and now she’s throwing in her lot with a scammer. She has such good taste in men. 

I love the analogy @celebrianna true if you compare Aeri with Minjoo at least with Aeri she’s a fool, whatever she’s plotting can be dealt with easily, she’s a kitten, an AERIheaded kitten at that. Minjoo on the other hand is a two headed snake that needs to be dealt with carefully. 

I haven’t watched a lot of kdramas but at least I know now a staple in all of them: lowlife conmen/women! And terminal illness, since I think Mr. Bu has it, or he’s just old and he knows he doesn’t have much time left. He might be gone by the end of the series and Gye Ok would be the one to continue his legacy, with Seorak by her side, ofc!

I think Ae Ri’s reformation will be addressed now. I also think Ae Ri has had her plans backfired every time so she’ll probably start behaving herself soon. What I don’t understand is how did she turn out so lazy. From what she said about her father’s house, not even having a proper bathroom, it sounds like her parents are financially disadvantaged. It might be that her mother spoiled her as well as her brother who is always looking for handout.

Fortunately for Seol Ak and Han Ra, the girls they will end up with are go-getters and hard workers. They’ve already seen the harsh side of life and its circumstances. They won’t be gold diggers like the wives of the older sons. They would have treated Mr. Boo well too. Their attitude says it all. Even Bo Mi admit missing her dad even though he brought them so much trouble.

I want to know how long before anybody will be suspicious again of the conman and his sidekick. Somebody needs to be wary of them or they will surely succeed.

I don’t remember the girls’ names exactly but I remember the eldest of the three girls was pretty mature for her age and seems responsible too, which is a good thing. I remember when her two younger siblings called Gye Ok gold digger and wily fox by accident she said “i’m sorry, i should’ve taught them better”, lol, it was pretty funny, since she was even more responsible than her parents

Gye Ok clearly know sth’s up with conman but I just hope the drama doesn’t drag this on for too long since they clearly show attempts in showing time progression in the story, like Jinsun (the puppy) getting bigger slightly.

@Mocharel, Conman will probably go on free of suspicion for a while. Both Seol At and Gye Ok seem to have dropped any suspicion of him that they entertained previously. I just hope that after all is done that Mr. Boo’s secret recipe is protected. Conman should get away with Baek Doo and his wife’s money and that would be hilarious. 

In the preview it looks like, as usual, Gye Ok gave up on Seol Ak. I don’t know why she doesn’t stand up for their ship. Mr. Boo approves so why should she care what the others think.

Archived