[Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

0ly40

Oh dearI was hoping the writer would not make GO into a doormat with no common sense or backbone...

Honestly As of this episode I don’t see how the character as she is written can change or impact this dysfunctional spiteful selfish family. Even the kids are spoiled and snotty.  I can’t watch 100 episodes of this. 

Rant over.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RobinM said:

Oh dearI was hoping the writer would not make GO into a doormat with no common sense or backbone...

Honestly As of this episode I don’t see how the character as she is written can change or impact this dysfunctional spiteful selfish family. Even the kids are spoiled and snotty.  I can’t watch 100 episodes of this. 

Rant over. 

I said exactly the same thing a few episodes ago. They have no respect for her at all so how is she going to make a difference to them? She’s definitely like a doormat for this new family. The only difference between her family and this one, as far as her character is concerned, is that she’s not out there slaving from dawn til dusk for this one. 

I hope the father finds out and stick to his gun that Min Joo is the one that thrashed GO’s room. Ae Ri just crawled above her in my like for a character. At least Ae Ri owns up to her wrongs. Min Joo, on the other hand, is like a back stabber. With regard to her husband, she doesn’t seem to care that he’s cheating. Just as long as she gets her pay day she seems to be fine. I suppose this marriage might be the one that ends by the time the show is over. At least Ae Ri and GG get along. 

I wonder how the new character fits in. Could she be Han Ra’s new love interest? That would be good because she seems to have a personality that would give him a tough time which would be good for him. 

preview 36

I don’t understand exactly  the old man want’s  of her. He gives her no  power to do or say anything and basically uses that contract to threaten her. 

I wonder if the premise of the whole fake marriage is found out and he hires her to work at the Noodle place. She impresses him with her hard work and so on. Not that I find SA much more appealing than the rest but the OTP can’t happen if they stay “married” 

I understand SA's and GO's behavior, annoying as it is. GO knows SA is good at heart despite his haughty attitude, considering all the help he has been giving her, as well as has budding feelings toward him that she cannot smother. It's driving her to depression having to be around him in a fake marriage with his dad, knowing she is playing the villain against the one person who was a beacon of light in her dark and collapsing life. SA on the other hand is feeling both backstabbed and confused because while he knows she is a good person her family situation would force her to do what he considers such a heinous act. Even though he resents her he still tries to keep his brothers from acting against her. I think him finding out it's a fake marriage would be hilarious because he'll know it's his dad who is basically forcing her into it and not the opposite, and I can see him confronting him to get her out of the contract. But for the OTP this is nothing. As bad as the fake marriage is the real final boss is Ga On. They are clearly establishing her as a girl with mother issues despite her denials. Any attempts of hooking SA up with anyone will go through her first.

I watched ep 34-35 and I am really hooked with this drama.

Eldest daughter seems to be a naughty character but I still don’t like SH. I have a moto “ Stealing a someone else’s man won’t make you happy because this man was never yours.”  I can’t get a read on this character and I don’t think she has the contract. 
Seolk Ah - > is a rather interesting character.  It seems he may still have a torch for his daughter’s mom. But she hasn’t appeared in his life and I swear this WITCH better not appear. I hate this storyline . He looked so happy with Ga In’s mom. He loves his daughter and his family. SA doesn’t doesn’t know how to act in front of Gong Kye Ok. One minute he is caring the next he is yelling at her. 
i wonder do you guys remember the episode when SA was holding Gong Kye Ok , I swear both their hearts was beating fast?? Am I over thinking this ??? Smh smh smh

@zoks I too want the same scenario. It would be so funny.
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f291047aab575a4225382

I would want to see what SA actions will be since knowing the truth. 
or maybe all the kids know the truth and maybe that is how each character development would change either for the good or the bad. Maybe with them knowing the truth would be what truly heal their family. All them pretending to change is what truly make them realize how much they really love and need their family. What do you guys think of this situation. @celebrianna @Ldy Gmerm @RobinM

I am at lost at what Mr. Boo is really up to??? He decides to visit Gong Kye Ok’s family in the next episode and I want to know why is he doing that. 
Mr Boo’s children are so immature. Ha Ran has the audacity to lock Gong Kye Ok in the storage room. 

@UnniSarah, I have no doubt that Ga In’s mom will appear in the future if she’s alive, which I think she is. She’ll probably appear at an inconvenient time too. I wonder how Ga In would feel about that. Anyway, regarding the hug and pounding heartbeat, yes, I believe there were two instances where we heard strong heartbeats when SA and GO were particularly close. The most recent being at the house and seem to show that both are attracted to each other although SA would probably deny it and GO has acknowledged it to herself twice. 

Regarding the lady who is having an affair with Baek Doo, I agree. I don’t like it. When I spoke about Min Joo, I spoke strictly in the light of her thrashing GO’s room. As far as the affair, which is a different story, I’m on Min Joo’s side. Baek Doo should not be cheating. I think the two are in a cold marriage but many times when I see these stories, my wish is usually that the writer show them eventually working on their marriage after reconciling. However, in this marriage, it doesn’t seem as though Min Joo even cares she’s getting cheated on. That’s why I’m thinking they’ll probably end up divorced. 

26 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Regarding the lady who is having an affair with Baek Doo, I agree. I don’t like it. When I spoke about Min Joo, I spoke strictly in the light of her thrashing GO’s room. As far as the affair, which is a different story, I’m on Min Joo’s side. Baek Doo should not be cheating. I think the two are in a cold marriage but many times when I see these stories, my wish is usually that the writer show them eventually working on their marriage after reconciling. However, in this marriage, it doesn’t seem as though Min Joo even cares she’s getting cheated on. That’s why I’m thinking they’ll probably end up divorced. 

I too feel the same way when I watch a drama where the romance in the marriage is dead. @celebrianna  I figure something caused the riff. You can see they never truly talk but there some instances there is small spark that shows their love or hurt. I want them to work it out just so they both can have closure. 
Some relationship end on a good note but when on a bad note it cause them to keep making the same mistakes and never learning to from it for their future relationship. 
I saw her reaction to him cheating and it just made me really sad. I feel that when they do get divorce, Min Joo’s husband new relationship won’t last because he loves to flirt and once a cheater always a cheater in my eyes. 

@UnniSarah, I think the problem might be the lack of children. I think that might be the elephant in the room that took a toll on the marriage. Honestly, my preference is that they work it out but the writer probably has a different idea. She/he already introduced that male character who will return to work at the noodle shop and I get the impression Min Joo is attracted to him.

Ep 1-35 w/Eng subs:

Just found this series, watch 32 eps in one weekend, so I'm all caught-up and current.

I can't remember the characters names, ever.  

So... our heroine is the typical KDrama heroine:  modest, hard-working, cheerful, filial, traditional, smiles --- even when her heart is breaking.  

The OldMan... Betting this series is about everyone reconciling:  father with children, children (now grown) with each other.  The scene at the beach house during the 'honeymoon,' where the 'kids' were talking amongst themselves about how they often wished they had family vacations like other families, but their dad was too busy making money.  Nothing happens in a vacuum.  The 'kids' are rotten because the father did not raise them well.  It was during that episode we saw OldMan realizing that he didn't spend a lot of time with his kiddos.  He has four boys and they didn't get the dad they needed.  

- OldMan is the crotchety old guy with reams of deeds and investment statements and four greedy, ungrateful children.

- Son1 cheats on his scheming Wife1.  Again. His wife, who works int he Noodle Restaurant, is quite the schemer, Son1 doesn't have a clue that he is living with a pit viper.  

- Son2 has three daughters with a lame, lazy wife that shops and golfs and can't do the work to raise her own children.

- Son3 lives at home with his out-of-wedlock daughter that he and OldMan have raised.  While she seems pretty disrespectful and indulged, she has lots of defenses as she is the daughter of a single dad, an issue of status in her social circle. 

- Son4... he's pretty.  And so far, pretty lame, which means he has the furthest to develop. 

There are side characters:  

- CrazyAunt working in OldMan's noodle restaurant that has had a decades-long crush on OldMan and can't wrap her head around the new, young wife. 

- Lawyer, a woman after Son3.  Another KDrama stock character who is a foil to our heroine.  She wants Son3 and won't accept that he isn't ready for her attentions.  1)  Don't think she lights his fire, and 2) He has a high-school kid to car for who might not be so accepting of a step-mom.  

- GuyFriend, buddy of OldMan, someone he can talk and drink with and how we hear OldMan's thoughts about what is going on around him. 

Son2's mother-in-law.  She raises Son2's three daughters, bounces in/out of various problems. 

- Heroine's step-mother, appears to be a taco short of a combination plate.  

- Heroines step-sister, the ugly, evil step-sister who lives in a fantasy world of her own making while our Heroine foots the bills.

- Nephew - Step-sister's son, a bit older than Son3's daughter.  He's worldly and appreciative of his aunt's, our heroines, efforts.  

OldMan's 'kids' are scheming and plotting to take their 'share' of OldMan's money, which is significant.  OldMan, after his near-death experience and his wife appearing in a dream, is ready to resolve what he perceives to be greed issues with his 'kids.'  But I think this will be about reconciliation, awareness, forgiveness, and finding a 'sense-of-family.'  

Up to Ep35 - OldMan and Heroine have entered into a 'secret contract marriage' where they are pulling off a series of stunts to test the loyalty and filial-ness (?) of OldMan's kids.  And it's a mess.  The kids start dropping in/out of their dad's house, follow on a 'honeymoon' where they interrupt the newlywed's plans and lock the new wife in a storage shed for the better part of a day and night.  The newlyweds return home to find someone(s) have ransacked our Heroine's room and stolen her copy of the secret marriage contract.  Not that this has ever happened previously in a KDrama. Nope, never.  We know it was taken by wife of Son1 and watch with glee while others admit the insults and assaults they have inflicted upon our poor Heroine.  

There is an undercurrent of feelings between our Heroine and Son3.

And, he isn't a great catch as he is a single-dad.   

Heroine isn't a great catch as she has two-out-of-three of her family members are leaches.

To complicate matters, Heroine is married to Son3's dad!  

Let the games continue, I'm in!  

1 hour ago, monalisa said:

GO's stepsister keeps saying GO owes her and her mom bcos GO's late dad absconded with insurance money? Most likely she's the one that stole the money.

Thank you,  I TOTALLY FEEL THE SAME WAY. Like @watchumlots said THE UGLY STEPSISTER is the one who made them broke. I think the mom spent it all before marrying Gong Kye Ok’s dad. I believe the mom lied to make her daughter accept the new family she was getting her. From her first appearance she did not like GO. That is why I don’t like this character. She is so selfish and a leech.  Smh smh smh 

Well once again it’s confirmed that Min Joo doesn’t give a wit for her marriage. It looks like she’s holding out for pay day. I’m pretty sure she’ll have an affair with the guy who works at the restaurant.

I don’t understand why GO runs at the drop of a hat for Ms. Can’t Take No for An Answer”. I understand that GO might feel gratitude towards her for helping with her fraud case but GO should put a stop to her silly invitations just to use her as a last resort to get Sul Ak. 

In the preview it looks like Sul Ak will find GO’s copy of the contract. I don’t know why GO insist on keeping that contract in the house. 

20 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Well once again it’s confirmed that Min Joo doesn’t give a wit for her marriage. It looks like she’s holding out for pay day. I’m pretty sure she’ll have an affair with the guy who works at the restaurant.

I don’t understand why GO runs at the drop of a hat for Ms. Can’t Take No for An Answer”. I understand that GO might feel gratitude towards her for helping with her fraud case but GO should put a stop to her silly invitations just to use her as a last resort to get Sul Ak. 

In the preview it looks like Sul Ak will find GO’s copy of the contract. I don’t know why GO insist on keeping that contract in the house. 

Exactly how I felt watching apart from I think she's already had an affair and this is will be a rekindling that affair. 

I know right, why did she even go to the dinner. It happens so much in dramas so annoying. Just say no for God's sake.You'd think after the stress she went through when she thought it was missing your think she'd have learnt. She keeps coming over as being not too bright. Wonder what Sul Ak will do? He's not at all comfortable with how his siblings covet dad's money so much, so wonder if he'll play along he's smart so he'll figure out dad's reasoning and then I wonder if once he talks to GO she'll be able to convince him to play along?

Sul Ak may not be comfortable about how his family treats her but he is pretty passive about doing anything about that  as well. When he is not being disdainful, suspicious and rude that is. He gets no points or pass in my book. 

@UnniSarah, @monalisa:

Gurls!  THIS is why I love these forums, you guys see so much more --- and share.  It's awesome. 

Thinking about what you wrote, I agree, there is something fishy about the stepmom, her daughter WICKED (stepsister) and $$$.

Plus, there was a throw-out to "insurance money" in her spiel, whether the writer develops it further is to be seen.  

Just throwing this out there...

The way these drama actors are cast and characters are created without thought to basic arithmetic (per their ages):

OldMan grandpa is 80, he just had his 80th birthday bash. 

His youngest son is in his 20s?

Son3 is early 30's.

Even if the youngest son is 30, that means he was born when OldMan was 50.
How old was his wife? 

How long has OldMan's wife been dead?  

Son's 1 and 2 look to be maybe 60, at least in their 50s.

Son1's wife is 50 if she's a day.  

Min Joo is in her early 50’s it was mentioned. The Wife died when her youngest was still a baby and it seems likes he and her husband were about the same age so she had him unusually late. 

Hello Everyone  * WAVING* 

I found some thing really strange about GKO's father death. Don't get me wrong, it seems so strange. Did you guys not wonder how long was this woman married to GKO's father at the time of his death.

• In the flashback, GKO did't age at all. She looked about the same age when they first met. 
  • Kong So Young had the same nasty look on her face when she first met GKO and her father. Even now she has that same look
  • From the first episode , it looked like Jung Min Hee has never worked her whole life.
  • Now I wonder how the hello did she raise these two kids on her own, if there was no money
  • Did GKO even finished school before she started working full time.
  • Was there an insurance money from GKO's father's death??

I am thrilled that SA know about the contract. SA is a bully but he might be able to help he get away from his father. Can someone tell me why is GKO so DUMB????? giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2931823a42b78d00c920

WHy the hell she leaves the contract in the room.  Will GKO really take the money the kids are giving her to leave the house????? Now I say it again why is this girl so dumb. This money can be a ploy and she end up be sent to jail for taking that money? what will she do once that happens. 

I kinda feel bad because I lost interest to this  

Spoiler

Dangerous PRomise

but am obsessed with Brilliant Heritage and  with this

I noticed in kdrama land the FL is so dumb when it comes to her personnel issues but when it is other people's problem she can see right through them. I wonder why she had to have lunch with that witch. I know this will happen again and again. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29752db7ce4dd85617cd
DUmb dumb will try to get them together because she will believe that " HE IS WAY OUT OF HER LEAGUE" because of all he accomplished. I consider SA to be childish but not as bad as his younger brother. I am just glad SA isn’t self centered. 

Mr Boo gave GKO's mom advice but she won't take his advice because she is so childish and stupid. She acts like she knows best. If she really knew best, she would not have gone to get Botox because So Young told her too. @monalisa I want to do the same but don’t want to miss anything if past clues are ever revealed. I find it so strange that GKO end up owning the same restaurant her father use to own but MH hasn’t even realized that. Is it really a coincidence she ends owning the same place her dad owned. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f296e3e2df3a05845047b

I don't think the restaurant is doing good at all. There was no customers when Mr Boo went to visit her. How many of you want to bet, she is going to spoil her daughter with that money. smh smh  That money he gave her, could hurt GKO in the future since she might sign the contract. 

what do you guys think @watchumlots  @celebrianna @RobinM @monalisa

@UnniSarah, I always got the impression that So Young felt she was better than Gye Ok even back then when they were kids. Honestly, to see Gye Ok free, I would really like what they said about her father to turn out to be false. I feel like otherwise Gye Ok will live indebted to them. 

As to the stepmother, only time will tell what’s true and what’s false. Right now the writer doesn’t seem to show any hints that she intends to reveal a mystery from the past involving Gye Ok’s father. It seems like the story that Gye Ok was told concerning her father was intended to be true since the stepmother didn’t look guilty. She was just sad for a moment that Gye Ok found out and then as usual with her, moved on from it. That’s why I find her so wishy washy. She tried to scold her daughter about saying the awful truth to Gye Ok and then a second later she moves on happily to some frivolous issue. She has no depth at all for her age. I think Gye Ok contemplates issues more deeply than the stepmother.

I’m thinking that Gye Ok won’t take the money the kids gave her. I think she’s playing their game and will probably report back to the dad. When they called her, she said that the game was starting. I interpreted that to mean that she and the father was expecting a bait and now it was finally thrown out to her. I still believe, however, that Gye Ok doesn’t have the aggressive nature to withstand the children.

Archived