[Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

0ly40

Funny how GO's character has been flipped from being pretty capable to totally ditzy.  Being in charge of millions of dollars of real estate and cash turned her brain to mush. Good thing SA is head over heels for her and steps in to try and clean up the mess.   I can certainly understand why the family is going to be underimpressed with GO joining the family.

The windows of opportunity for gaining back at least some of the fortune have been set as the crooks can't leave for several days and SA has already contacted the authorities to stop any more transactions.  Poor nephew with his rotten parents;  he may be left alone with his grandmother.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The company tricked by the conman should and can sue the conman for fraud but they would have to return everything to Boo family. The drama, One Well-raised daughter had a similar plot. I hope Gye-ok will not stop her sister going to jail for stealing GO's identity. Doing prison time will do her a world of good and drill some sense into her.

You guys are not alone such a strange one where although we don't condone their actions it's hard to feel sorry for GGO because there were so many warning signs.  It's like her sister has proper rubbed off on her. The strong butcher from the market seems to have had enough of her useless family (well props to mums growth and JW always had a part time job), done a runner, and left a clone in her stead. If GGO pleads for her sister then I hope the Boo's tell her straight you can no longer be associated with the family and even Ga On and so SA will have to drop her too.   She helped enable her step sister with her constantly curtailing  any rebuking when she did wrong. So sad as she at one point did highlight her faults in this  but then nothing no growth, nothing that direction, like the writer forgot or couldn't be bothered. Step sister is so dumb it's her picture on file and that should be enough for the police to give her a custodial sentence, don't for get she's already has form with the po po. Will be interesting to see how their mother reacts when she finds out her daugther is a criminal.

So Min Joo to the rescue....? Urgh.....

EVENT : Re-watch Party with the theme Revenge

Chingus, by popular demand we are bringing you a second season of re-watch parties. This time the theme is revenge! Yes, you heard it!

BPcT8.gif

The dramas chosen for this season are:

• Money Flower (2017)
  • Secret (Love) (2013)
  • The Innocent Man (2012)

For more information visit the event thread

re: @Lmangla

13 hours ago, celebrianna said:

:lol: Oh. My. Gosh. This. This. I never thought I would have experienced this with GGO. I think the turning point was when SA then hateful Min Joo warned her and she actually got offended. She didn’t even pause to consider their warning. I mean, she barely know the man and she knows that he’s an ex-convict. She found out that he’s been duping Mr. Boo all these years under a fake identity. He didn’t even send any money to assist in raising his son nor try to look for his son. Yet, she knew he visited her apartment several times and she didn’t even think to secure the important stuff in the house. Ah well. Hopefully she’s never put in actual possession of securing anybody else’s fortune again.

12 hours ago, msmy said:

Funny how GO's character has been flipped from being pretty capable to totally ditzy.  Being in charge of millions of dollars of real estate and cash turned her brain to mush. Good thing SA is head over heels for her and steps in to try and clean up the mess.   I can certainly understand why the family is going to be underimpressed with GO joining the family.

The windows of opportunity for gaining back at least some of the fortune have been set as the crooks can't leave for several days and SA has already contacted the authorities to stop any more transactions.  Poor nephew with his rotten parents;  he may be left alone with his grandmother.

@msmy @celebrianna I am not surprised at what has happened. But disgusted at GO’s sister. 
Every kdrama the FL becomes ditzy when they fall in love. Firstly We saw GO Accept responsibility  for her family selfishness. She admitted if their parents had not gotten married and if her mother had not decided to raised GO , SY’s life would not have been ruined. When I hear that’s, Al I can think is that only a selfish person can think like that. Who wouldn’t want a sibling to grow up with , a companion to grow up with. SY only cares for the fact her mom was loving someone else when we the viewers saw, SY’s mom loved her more than GO. 
SY AHOWED HER TRUE COLORS. SHE LOVED HERSELF MOEE THAN HER SON. SHE RUINED HER SON’s future for sure for money . shocked maya rudolph GIF

Kocowa Translation:

SA: Actually, Buruna Noodles has been passed over.

Brothers: What?
Min Joo: He would have aimed for the trademark rights.

JW: Your family is a mess right now, isn’t it?

Han Ra: Why didn’t she say anything? She’s making me worried.

Aeri’s mom: You look so much better.

GGO: What’s going on?
Min Joo: I have something to confess.

SA: Dad. Don’t worry about anything. No matter what happens, we will protect Buruna Noodles.

The only good thing here is that the family is working together to resolve this matter and will probably now appreciate Buruna Noodles.

@UnniSarah, unfortunately the stepsister will not suffer any consequences of her actions unless the food company sue her. They paid the conman money because of her misrepresenting herself as GGO. However, in the preview above it already shows the stepsister working with the Boo family to resolve this matter. Look at the scene in the noodle shop and the stepsister and Min Joo are present. At this point, I also think the family won’t find out about Min Joo’s schemes against them. They also ended today’s episode ambiguously as if SA and his brothers found something shocking in the hotel room. Perhaps it’s a dead body or perhaps not. 

I can never rewatch this drama again. The rewatch value plummeted to zero for me after the writer never punishes people for their bad deeds. I can’t wait to be done with it since I’ve reached this far.

My mom is still watching this drama and she sat with me earlier, and she said that while she usually despise dramas with long, drawn out ridiculous conflict and evildoings over and over, she still felt genuine relief when they ended, like she said with My Heart’s Flower Rain at the very least she felt relief seeing the criminals put to justice and the couple to reunite even though she was incredibly infuriated with the series.

She told me today that no amount of resolution can ever grant her that sort of relief with this drama. She despised the scummy stepsis and lately after watching she’d rant about her to me, she used to say that she’s trying to bear with it since she’s come so far to back out, but today she’s quitting and she doesn’t care anymore because GGO was stupid and she didn’t care if GGO got ruined, she brought it upon herself, and she didn’t want to see the stepsis getting the forgiveness that she didn’t and never deserve.

i just told her, “guess you can say GGO’s character got... butchered”

6 minutes ago, Mocharel said:

My mom is still watching this drama and she sat with me earlier, and she said that while she usually despise dramas with long, drawn out ridiculous conflict and evildoings over and over, she still felt genuine relief when they ended, like she said with My Heart’s Flower Rain at the very least she felt relief seeing the criminals put to justice and the couple to reunite even though she was incredibly infuriated with the series.

She told me today that no amount of resolution can ever grant her that sort of relief with this drama. She despised the scummy stepsis and lately after watching she’d rant about her to me, she used to say that she’s trying to bear with it since she’s come so far to back out, but today she’s quitting and she doesn’t care anymore because GGO was stupid and she didn’t care if GGO got ruined, she brought it upon herself, and she didn’t want to see the stepsis getting the forgiveness that she didn’t and never deserve.

i just told her, “guess you can say GGO’s character got... butchered”

Your mother is so right. It’s very rare for viewers to reach the point where they are “completely” turned off by the heroine’s stupidity and absurd niceness. I actually don’t care about GGO anymore. I find it stunning because I think the heroine from Mom is Having An Affair is pretty much a doormat but I’m still cheering for her. In the other daily shows I have watched like Love Until the End and Ugly Alert, I cheered for the heroine right to the end.

GGO, on the other hand, is a victim of her own stupidity. Even now she’s frantically looking for the stepsister to avoid reporting her to the police. However, SA is also her enabler because he’s covering for her in front of his brothers. The only satisfaction I got from this situation is Gang Geum cross examining her and still not trusting her. ^_^ It looks like her stepsister will be working with them and Min Joo as well. Min Joo will most likely confess to GGO so the rest of the family won’t find out about her affair and her schemes with conman.

13 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Your mother is so right. It’s very rare for viewers to reach the point where they are “completely” turned off by the heroine’s stupidity and absurd niceness. I actually don’t care about GGO anymore. I find it stunning because I think the heroine from Mom is Having An Affair is pretty much a doormat but I’m still cheering for her. In the other daily shows I have watched like Love Until the End and Ugly Alert, I cheered for the heroine right to the end.

GGO, on the other hand, is a victim of her own stupidity. Even now she’s frantically looking for the stepsister to avoid reporting her to the police. However, SA is also her enabler because he’s covering for her in front of his brothers. The only satisfaction I got from this situation is Gang Geum cross examining her and still not trusting her. ^_^ It looks like her stepsister will be working with them and Min Joo as well. Min Joo will most likely confess to GGO so the rest of the family won’t find out about her affair and her schemes with conman.

Yeah my mom mentioned she even saw the preview online and she was furious, like if we were Mr. boo’s family we would’ve kicked GGO out, sue the stepsis and bring her along with Minjoo to court, make sure they stay rotted in the jail forever and let them enjoy each other’s company. And also get SA to drop GGO and leave her, she practically ruined his family bcs of her own stupidity, and it was her family that ruined his, my mom said if her son was seeing someone like that she’d tell him to break up with her and sue her whole family. You knew what kind of garbage dump the family was, why would you want them as in-laws? What makes you think the family wouldn’t cause a trouble similar to this in the future? My mom liked SA’s actor, she said he’s her type, but she hated how his character had become, GGO’s idiocy has rubbed off on him.

I'm with your mum @Mocharel.  I don't care what happens to GGO they made her as brainless as her step sister. I don't see how they can not report the step sister considering the fake ID she used to help sell the trademark rights which the company photocopied. Surely there are some crimes that done require the victim to report. Hoping that the company that bought the trademark reports her then, as they will suffer loses too.  Every time  GGO forgives her she does something else. Like I said the Boo family should not accept  GGO if her family are part of the deal. Brainless step sister has proven umteen times she can't be trusted. She was willing to sacrifice her sister as the scale of the fraud if discover could mean prison time. Unless GGO is some sort of masochist it makes no sense for her to maintain the relationship. But hey this is kdramaland.....

I feel you're right @celebrianna Min Joo won't be outed she tell the mat and the mat will make an executive decision to forgive. They all be one happy family at the end  <_<

Just 1 more week....

@tas82 @Mocharel Without a doubt both the brainless stepsister and scheming,  greedy Min Joo will be forgiven. Earlier I had suggested that the food company can sue the stepsister for their loss but then I think Seol Ak would go as far as paying back any money owed to the company for her and perhaps letting them continue with the trademark. At this point I think this guy would do anything for GGO and we know that GGO doesn’t believe in her stepsister facing the consequences of her actions. It’s no wonder the woman never learns because she never pays for her actions.

@Mocharel, your mother is right. Only in dramaland can such a thing happen and it doesn’t cause a big criminal and legal nightmare. Actually, the stepmother is the only one who seems to have responded like something really egregious occurred. She seems to get just how awful this situation is. 

Just came to see if it was just me cracking up laughing when MJ appeared on screen in today's episode and snuck up behind the conman. I was holding in it but by the time she delivered that final uppercut I was hollering. Like seriously we knew they'd redeem her but that was hilarious. tenor.gif

What a mess, well apart from sis possibly getting jail time. I say possibly as in the land of settlement money anything is possible. 

I'll slog through until the end, but so far this is just another "meh" ending.  I don't like the drinking games (typical Korean humor), and Han Ra's character leaves me cold with his immaturity for a person supposedly age 30 ish.  Looks like Mr. Boo is going to check out after he takes the family on a picnic and distributes the inheritance.  I suppose everyone will be in place at the very end, but poor nephew of GO will have a lot of issues to work through.  Oh well, we're almost done.  :wacko:

Episode 121 was actually quite nice, but I admit, I'm a sucker for sappy endings.  Mr. Boo addressed each family member with thoughtful consideration, then walked away into the cosmos field.  I miss the mature actors like him (Park In Hwan) and notice that a lot of the veterans are missing these days as the writers seem to zero in on the 20 somethings.  It would be nice to see more of a balance of age groups, but I understand, too, that ratings depend on eyeballs.  So whatever brings them in, that is the casting.

The final episode should be interesting as the lawyer addresses the inheritance.  Who knows what Mr. Boo had in mind...  ^_^

Ah man Mr Boo's final wave and him saying he's going caused a few drops to fall. :tears:

Eerr the writer really thing is ok to even suggest that woman being allowed to adopt. It one thing leaving her as part of the family in spite of the utter and complete contempt she had for the family but to basically reward her is ridiculous. Anyways doesn't matter only one more to go. :isannoyed:

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

Today I've watched the last 5 episodes of drama, and what can I say? It was not excatly what I expected, though I can't say it was bad either.

I'd like to sum up this drama for me.

I was 250% addicted to this drama, and my addiction was growing with every episode (though I could still see the plot's flaws). That was true until somewhere in the middle of Crazy Megan plotline, when the writer made her a typical drama's villain. From a certain point, my enjoyment, excitement and interest in the drama have decreased a lot. The conman plotline only made it worse. 

You all wrote here about your frustration from Megan, Minjoo, So-Young, conman and even Gye-Ok's plotline, behaviour and future-ending. I agree with all of you but for me, there were two main things that bothered me the most:

(1) It was painful to watch Gye-Ok returning Mr. Boo's seal, documents, etc. to Geum-Gang after failing to keep them secure. I wonder why did the writer had to do that to her?

You were all annoyed Gye-Ok was too naive after being warned twice about conman, but I blame the writer. Why did the writer have to humiliate her like that? During the fake marriage and after becoming Mr. Boo's guardian, the family thought she's not reliable and qualified for that. The events just confirmed their claims, so I don't understand why the writer chose to do that instead of proving them wrong? I would rather give up watching Conman being trapped and beaten up, than watch Gye-Ok in this situation. For me, it was not worth it.

(2) Gye-Ok and Ga-On relationship - I think I'm not the only one here who expected, from quite an early point of the drama, for these two to have a mother and daughter relationship, or at least something close to that.

The closest they got to this kind of relationship was actually during the fake marriage. The writer must have thought it's not so important to show, maybe too deep for this kind of drama, but I think she was wrong, and I'm quite disappointed that we never saw any interaction between SA, Gye-Ok and Ga-On as a family in daily life. Ok, they were in an escape room together, but that's not what I mean. I mean breakfast, dinner, home family moments... I think it's a shame because there was much potential for these kind of scenes.

Overall, the drama had unfulfilled potential for some quality family scenes, growth and relationships.

Even SA and Gye-Ok scenes, which were always my favorite part in the episodes, have became boring and repetitive. Instead of a con plotline in the end of the drama, the writer could have focused more on family issues.

That being said, I'm still grateful for the part I did enjoyed in this drama. I laughed a lot.

About my opinion about the last episode, that's for another post ;)

@Manora, many of the points you raised are exactly how I felt particularly about the latter part of the show with the Nutcase and Conman plot lines. The writer effectively sacrificed GGO in favor of the conman plot. I still can’t believe that GGO didn’t give a pause for a moment when SA and MJ first raised their suspicions. SA in particular did it carefully and delicately knowing that the conman is the ex-husband of her brainless sister. Then the second time around when he raised his suspicions with her, all of a sudden she’s willing to consider his doubts. What suddenly changed for her to conveniently consider them now that the theft was almost at an end? It’s all for the sake of plot expedience. GGO did indeed turn out to be incompetent according to the story development. 

Then as you pointed out, Ga On and GGO had much better development in the fake contract wife part of the story. I still can’t get over how her mother suddenly had a personality transplant. All of a sudden she’s sane and no longer prone to sudden rage episodes. Her selfishness suddenly vanished as well for plot expediency.

I actually found MJ’s change of mind more believable because she realized how stupid she was to seek love from an even more terrible human being. The shame of it all must have hit her hard. At least we see that she was affected to the point that she took days off from work because of how sickening the whole thing finally became to her. It seems like her husband knows what she did so I guess it was up to him to decide. She seemed humbled now at least and willing to let go of her greed.

As to Conman, he was defiant even when he was arrested. He never cared two straws about his son. I find it hard to believe that he suddenly care now that JW visited him in prison to tell him he will live a hardworking and honest life and he intend to be nothing like him. 

Mr. Boo’s send off was touching though cheesy. I just feel sad that his death was probably sped up by Conman’s assault and the mushroom impairment. At least his sons are getting along with each other this time around and the wives and children are also getting along. They should have at least included the adopted boy in the song and dance in the end.

I rather liked this last episode as it didn't seem like the usual corny ending with predictable results.  There was actually more story to tell with the inheritance, and nephew seemed to be sorting it all out with his bad hand he was dealt.  The ending dance routine is getting to be, well, routine with some of these dramas, but it was O.K. and a way  for the cast to say good-bye and sign off.  

Thanks to all of you posters who kept the summaries going because I really appreciated them.  See you at another drama.  :D

Archived