[Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

0ly40

@tas82 @Manora I forgot to respond about the chef. I see people expressing thoughts that the conman can become a family again with SY and Jang Won. I wholeheartedly reject that idea and I hope the writer doesn’t forget the character she established. From all accounts, past and present, the conman is thoroughly a swindler. Everything about him is insincere. He’s an opportunist, a thief, a dead beat dad and potential murderer. If we think about it, Min Joo is similarly a thief, an opportunist, a gold digger and potential murderer too. They really suit each other. As the saying goes: Water seeks its own level. Those two match each other perfectly. I hope in the end Baek Doo divorce her and get together with his mistress. They may suit each other more than he suits his mercenary and equally cheating wife. 

Regarding Conman possibly attempting to harm Mr. Boo, I think it’s within the realm of possibility. Before I thought murder was out of his scope because when Min Joo suggested they cause Gye Ok to get in an accident, he immediately rejected the idea, but one never knows how quickly a thief can degenerate when his planned crime is not going according to his set course. The problem is that everybody around him trusts him so he can do a lot of damage. However, at the rate Mr. Boo’s kids are causing troubles, they might sooner send him to his grave before the Conman does.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kocowa Translation: 

Nutcase: Even if Ga On wants to live with you, it can’t be with Gong Gye Ok. Whether it’s Ga On or that woman, you can only have one.

Nutcase: What are you doing? Call your manager. I’ll talk to the manager.

Noodle employee: Those people are here again.

Seol Ak: Dad and Buruna Noodles are in danger. 
GG: Let’s play hwatu.

Conman: This will blow the old man’s mind.

GG: It’s an emergency!

My girl standing up for herself. I wonder what will happen when the stepmom finds out about the news?

This story line about Ga On bio mom is making my blood boil, the audacity of this unhinged person is :crazily:, writer nim please send her back to China/away.  The same with the conman who's trying to poison/eliminate Mr. Boo. I still want Min Joo to be exposed about her relationship with the conman.

SA you better stand your ground in protecting GYO, though I am glad in today's ep that she throw that drink into Megan Lee's  face:glee:

Happy week to everyone, stay safe!!! :fullofhearts:

The writer is really sticking it to the good people. Now it looks like Conman intends to poison Mr. Boo with mushrooms that will impair his mental ability. Meanwhile, the only person who might be a bit suspicious of him is Gold Digger. It just sucks to be a good person in these daily drama shows. 

Nutcase looks like she’s losing it more than ever. Somebody needs to cut her down. Also, I have pointed out before that Gold Digger seems to always come out with her hands clean. Somebody is always her cover when her collaborated schemes are revealed. Nobody in the family knows she’s poison to them and always scheming against them including her husband. 

7 hours ago, celebrianna said:

My girl standing up for herself. I wonder what will happen when the stepmom finds out about the news?

I'm more than pleased that Gye-Ok has entered into Fighting Mode, ever since they exposed their relationship in front of his family. You could clearly see it when she met SA at the hotel lobby - she looked so confident and calm when she took his hand and walked forward. All the things she told crazy Megan are exactly the things SA couldn't tell her, and I'm glad she showed her she neither scared of her nor she's letting her blackmail her. I hope she continues this way until their victory. 

It looks that from now on, Gye-Ok is the one to take the lead in their battle against this nutcase, and I think it's great! I like Tough Gye-Ok! 

At this point, I don't expect anything from SA. Really, I'll be surprised if he actually does something. During the fake marriage, he helped Gye-Ok with his family and also with hers. Back then it looked like he's someone she can rely on, but apparently not so much when it comes to crazy women and even his own family. In today's episode, I didn't like his response to what Halla and GG told him about his relationship with Gye-Ok, he looked guilty and apologetic. I would expect him to defend his choice of a girlfriend more ardently, but like I said before, I suppose we shouldn't expect anything from him. I don't know why the writer made him like that ever since Megan appeared.

As to Gye-Ok's family and friends seeing her name in the news (though we still have to see if they publish her full name), I also wait to see their response. One of them might even go to the media himself and give Gye-Ok's version of how things happened.

As to what happened in the end of the last scene, I don't know if people in Korea appreciate this kind of scenes in their daily drama, but I hate it. I watched this "liquid fight" and I only thought: "What have you done to my favorite drama?" :bawling:  This kind of scene is not the typical scene in Brilliant Heritage (though it happend at least twice in different circumstances). I suppose having a crazy character like Megan means having this kind of scenes too. Then again, I don't understand why to bring such character into the drama in the first place? Even Minjoo and until lately conman were not at this level. Maybe the writer was pressured to add more drama?

Speaking about Megan, she doesn't want Ga-On near Gye-Ok, supposedly because of the fake marriage, but she herself keeps doing harmful things without even thinking how it would affect her daughter.

I'm so sick that every time SA tells her that, she brings up her sad story about how "during 15 years she thought she was dead..." and BLABLABLA, like she has some kind of feelings. Also, no one even doubts her story, even a bit! Finally today Gye-Ok responded her properly, and I don't even think she was harsh enough.

As to the superior Min-Joo, I'm waiting for tomorrow to see what she thinks about the news of the marriage, if she's pleased or not. She didn't seem to know that Megan would do that, but it doesn't make her the tiniest bit less guilty! I wish that before Megan leaves for good, she'll expose her in front of everyone and tell them she joined her in taking Gye-Ok down.

Last thing - about the mushrooms, right now it doesn't look good, I hope it'll turn to be something comical/funny (like someone else eating them or throwing them away).

@Manora, indeed Min Joo is culpable. She saw the contract, handled the contract and basically gave her consent/support to Nutcase. She told Nutcase that she wanted GYO kicked out of “her” family. 

Regarding Seol Ak, I don’t expect him to do a thing. He looked alarmed when GYO in turn threatened Nutcase about the media. I think things will escalate and it might lead to GYO walking out of this messy situation. I can’t ignore that she keeps saying that nobody knows what the future holds. She said to her mom and she said it again today in her conversation with Ga On. She already went back to her old market place. It’s like there will soon be a turning point for her. Maybe the family needs to face a crisis in order to truly accept her. Maybe that means abandoning them until they realize her value. 

Yes Majong-Dong Gye Ok is back. Bout time someone told batshit crazy Megan about herself, the ungrateful cow. She seems to have forgotten how old she she was when had her kid and what it means she was getting up to and how scandalous that in itself would be in Korean society, teacher or no teacher.  I too hope when Megan final bows out she also reveals Min Joo's collusion @Manora.  I hope annoying Aunty finally prove herself useful, goes into the kitchen and be like what's this smelly RickRoll'D thing in the kitchen and bins it. Or better yet take her nosy self and cooks it up and serves for the staff lunch. Given ConChef a massive bowl and he then takes a few big spoon fully, grinning he complements Auntie on her awesome soup and she's like I found some great mushrooms in the kitchen it's good for your health, 먹고, 먹고 :naughty:. His reaction would be priceless.

Yup I too am getting the feeling that Gye Ok is ready to leave if needs be @celebrianna but they'll probably make it into a noble idiot type thing. There's no doubt they'll scapegoat her when pops start to show signs of illness but hopefully she'll gives them both barrels similar to how she gave it to Mad Megan. Tell them a few home truths and then let them know that they don't deserve someone like her as part of their family and walks out and leave them to it.  Let them come looking for her to bring her back. 

Kocowa Translation: 

GGO: We should make a bet.

SA: How about making a countermove?
Nutcase: I’m Lee Cheong Ah, the one who reported this.

Nutcase: Do you know what their relationship is?
Reporter: Is it true?
JW: Your dad and my aunt what?
GaOn: They like each other. They want the three of us to live together.

Conman: Min Joo-ssi. This is as far as we go.

Min Joo: Jung Gwon. It’s you, isn’t it?
Mr Boo: Jung Gwon. Why would you be here?

I suppose the conman’s poison is working effectively. Mr. Boo is already hallucinating. This writer is seriously annoying me now.

4 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I suppose the conman’s poison is working effectively. Mr. Boo is already hallucinating. This writer is seriously annoying me now.

@celebrianna And the worst thing is that it seems only Minjoo is/will be aware of that. Conman chose the right moment to do that, while everyone else in the house is busy with the scandal and doesn't have time to see what is happening with Mr. Boo. I hope the writer keeps it short, it's not easy to watch Mr. Boo getting abused like that.

I thought about a 3rd option regarding Megan leaving (hopefully next week). If she doesn't leave after realizing she lost and also not because she's been exposed/humilitated - she can leave after trying to commit a crime against Gye-Ok/Seorak. I mean, once Ga-On tells her she wants to stay with them, and once she has no legal/moral ground to demand custody (we have to see how it happens too), she can be out of her mind and, for example, tries to run over Gye-Ok/Seorak or both of them. I know it's a remote option, but if the writer made her a nutcase, I suppose we can expect anything. Another similar option would be her causing a fuss in a public place, so everyone can see she's crazy. If, for instance, she goes to an intreview on TV and something said there would make her blast, the whole country can see she's unstable.

I'm just sailing with my imagination here because I really want her gone already...

And for the good (?) news, Aeri is not pregnant! The writer sure fooled us here. Luckily they haven't told the entire family yet. If we assume the conception dream auntie Pang-Geum had is related to the Boo family and also assuming we can rely on it like we rely on the Shaman's words, the only options left are Gye-Ok and Bo-Mi. Though from what I understand a person usually dreams when the baby is already on his way (I might be wrong about it).

@Manora, yes, it’s kind of hilarious how Ae Ri isn’t actually pregnant. However, she doesn’t intend to tell her husband until she gets a designer bag out of him. 

Regarding Mr Boo, I just feel so bad to see the old man’s mentality suffering. It’s absolutely terrible. Conman has no conscience left whatsoever. And there is the stupid stepsister falling for his scheme. I wouldn’t care except that GGO could be implicated in his con of the stepsister. Jang Won is a kid so he won’t really get affected in terms of reputation and losing money, but GGO could have to deal with the consequences resulting from her incredibly stupid stepsister. 

I’m just hoping this writer doesn’t intend to make Min Joo into a hero. Like you said, she will be the only one aware of conman’s true nature. I want her to be thoroughly exposed regardless. I want the blackmail pictures revealed to the public or family. I want Nutcase to reveal Min Joo’s tacit consent to revealing the fake marriage contract. I want Min Joo outed in every way.  If we think about it, everybody else’s dirty laundry were aired already except hers and Conman’s. 

Tomorrow the Nutcase will show up at Seol Ak and GGO’s meeting with the tv production team. I hope GGO doesn’t just sit there and let Nutcase paint a picture that is untrue. She needs to shut her down because I don’t expect SA to do a thing. 

@celebrianna I was thinking the exact same thing in regards too, that the dumb, greed, selfish step sister's actions can be twisted to implicate Gye Ok. Min Joo isn't going to shut up so easy. She's gonna find out the link between conman and Gye Ok and she'll poison everyone's views to make it seem that Gye Ok and Con man are are team and she and her family where all in in it together. She paint herself the innocent victim and say she had a funny feeling so she deliberately got close to Conman Chef to get information. The greedy crew seeing their inheritance threatened and maybe they'll also be genuinely worried about pops  will gladly follow her lead to finally get rid of Gye Ok.

I hope Gye Ok flips it all on Cheong Ah after all a student getting pregnant by a teacher is a hell of a lot more salacious (but of course she won't that'd hurt Ga On and Sul Ak). Mad Megan really not thinking about her kid. It wouldn't take long for people to work out that kid in Ga On if her story came out and how much ridicule Ga On would face at school. Megan really is playing with fire and it's about time Sul Ak got serious with her. This can cause even more damage to Ga On.

Lord help me this drama is getting tiresome. Not only the plot is being dragged on that it lost the main original core of the story, then like @celebrianna said they started to feel like they want to make Minjoo the hero in exposing the conman. Oh hell fricking no. That snake is beyond redemption. She’s a manipulative, hypocritical, two-faced, lying, egotistical RickRoll'D with no concern whatsoever for others except herself and ppl who benefit her. She once planned physical assault on GGO, and contemplated/attempted murder, she doesn’t deserve mercy. And she still had the godsfriggin gall to act high and mighty when she did what Baekdoo did (cheating on your spouse), and she did what she accused GGO of (being a golddigger). Lady, go get yourself a mirror. They should just hurl her into the same jail cell with the conman and see if they can still go A Whole New World together. More like a Whole New Prison, pssh.

I lost my grandparents not so long ago and seeing Mr. Boo in his situation really broke me. I can’t imagine if it was my grandparents, and Minjoo freaking aided in that endeavor. She should never be redeemed and she deserve no slice of mercy. It’s an insult, and makes me fume. Mr. Boo wasn’t perfect, but if someone did that to my family I would rip them a new one.

I don’t have a lot of time on me anymore because of work and taking on multiple projects and commissions so I’ll have to drop this drama, i no longer feel this drama is worth my time watching it with its overcooked plotlines. It’s a shame the story’s lost what made me fell in love with it in the first place, SA’s arrogant but intelligent and underlying caring personality, GGO’s street smarts, strength and perseverance. It’s been a nice journey, Brilliant Heritage, but unfortunately, now the drama is just like a yellowed, rotting apple that I just want to spit out. Hope to see you guys again in another drama! Hopefully the next one will make me stay for real XD

Kocowa Translation: 

Police: We’ve received a report of child abuse.

Police: Did you take Boo Ga On’s cellphone and lock her up?
Ae Ri: Child abuse?
Nutcase: I’m saying this for Ga On’s sake. We’re really close.

SA: Cheong Ah. Are you insane?
GSY: I think he’s into me.

Chef: Mussel seaweed soup.

Min Joo: Cha Jung Gwon, you did all this? Aren’t I right?
Chef: You sure are smart, Min Joo.

It was pretty lame of GGO to bring a death certificate for Mr. Boo to the production meeting claiming he was dead. It’s easy enough to fact check and find out that he’s still alive. 

I like the brothers countermove. They themselves will go to the media to tell the story of how their father died and came back alive. They will use this as the basis for why their father decided to engage in a fake marriage to set them straight. They intend to be honest about their faults because as Baek Doo said, people will curse at them for being unfilial but at least they would have protected their father and gained sympathy towards their father since especially filial duty is a big deal in SK. I especially like that Baek Doo didn’t tell his gold digger wife because she just might accidentally leak it to Nutcase. 

I hope they are indeed able to tell their story on their own terms. In this way too Mr. Boo will be under the spotlight so the chef poisoning him might also end up in the media. Oh, but wait, can the writer even be trusted to connect the media story to putting an end to the conman’s plot to impair Mr. Boo’s mentality?

In any case, I really don’t care if Ga On leaves with her Nutcase mom. I don’t know what it takes for SA to get through to her but she’s still thinking that she should go to her mother. Whatever! As long as Nutcase is gone by next week. Viewers are probably at their limit now. To think Nutcase reported GGO to the police in tomorrow’s episode is enough to drive away sane viewers. I will hang in there because I’ve reached this far but I will be using my fast forward button more than usual.

@celebrianna I have yet to watch the two last episodes properly, but you are right about the sane viewers.

For me it's very hard to watch Mr. Boo's situation, and also without having the slightest idea how can someone suspect/find out about it.

About Megan's behavior so far, she was crazy before, but ever since she involved the media and now the police, I find it harder to put out with. If Gye-Ok and Seorak would have had a plan and would have thought of countermeasures against her, it might have been easier to watch. But right now they just talk and at best threaten her, without doing anything else or thinking what would stop her. It's disappointing and I do hope it'll change.

I literally count the remaining episodes of Megan in this drama by the number of the actress outfits that she hasn't worn yet (saw on IG). That's how badly I want her to leave!

Kocowa Translation:

Nutcase: Ga On. You know that vegetarianism is a trend these days, right?
GGO: Ga On. You’re still growing, so it’s good to eat a variety of foods.

Conman: Finally, the things I lost...

Brainless: Now it feels like I’m living a life. 
Min Joo: So there’s no need to comfort each other’s feelings as we’re professionals.

Ga On: Heads for Mom and tails for Dad.

Sales person: What are you doing?

@Manora, I also hate the storyline of harming Mr. Boo’s health. It just seems so wrong on many levels and is quite disgusting.

The story line about Ga On's bio mom and Mr. Boo being harm by the conman is frustrating.  I have not watch previous ep, but, still checking this forum.  Will be skipping till the unhinged person is gone or wait until ep 119:isannoyed:.  Based on the preview, looks like Ga On is acting  a totally new person all dolled and trying to get something from a department store.  Writer nim what are you trying to do? make Ga On rebel cause of what's happening around her?

I despise crazy Megan:rolleyes:.

Quite frankly I’m so disappointed in Ga On. Seol Ak, Han Ra and Gye Ok are trying hard with her and all of their efforts are rebuffed. She’s acting like a brat even while they’re trying to show her that they care. If they didn’t want her they would have already shipped her off to her mom. Instead she rejects all of their attempts to get her to open up. Right now my biggest concern is Mr. Boo. I wish GGO would pay more attention to him instead.

Archived