[Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

0ly40

@Mocharel, even if they try to redeem Min Joo, I want her thoroughly shamed first and all the family members get to know what she tried to do or succeeded in doing. In that way nobody would take her haughty behavior seriously after her infamous and shameful actions. She won’t be able to look down on GYO and Ae Ri and think she’s better than them. Honestly, if her terrible deeds are exposed, I can’t see how she would continue to be a part of that family. Only unless she somehow finds out about conman and try to cover up her original plan. However, since all the other characters in that family experienced a public failure, I would hope that the writer also exposes Min Joo publicly. 

About Ga On’s mother, yes her lame attempts at winning SA are futile. However, I’m really looking at her as an annoyance on SA’s job and an annoyance in SA’s private life with regard to Ga On.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to say that I'm really loving the OST for this drama, from the more upbeat intro songs to the ballads. All so catchy and such easy listening.

My favorites are J-Cera - 아름다운 구속 (Beautiful Redemption), Shin Ji Hoon - 내 사랑 내 곁에 (My Love by My Side), Song I Han - 괜찮지가 않아 (It's Not Okay), Coda Bridge - 그대만 보여요 (I Only See You)  and Han Kyung Il - 지금 만나러 갑니다 (I'm Going To See You Now). What about you all?

I haven't seen this week's episodes yet but have seen the comments that say maybe Seol Ak is not her daughter's biological father if that's true I will be really, really, really disappointed. I remember at the start of the drama there was a scene representing Seol AK as a teenager in school clothes bringing his newborn daughter to his house, he was crying in front of his father asking for forgiveness and his father was crying too, this scene was really powerful, emotional, and wanted to say it all ,     so after all that we are told that it may not be his biological daughter, lol, really disappointing and heartbreaking

1 minute ago, marrez1 said:

I haven't seen this week's episodes yet but have seen the comments that say maybe Seol Ak is not her daughter's biological father if that's true I will be really, really, really disappointed. I remember at the start of the drama there was a scene representing Seol AK as a teenager in school clothes bringing his newborn daughter to his house, he was crying in front of his father asking for forgiveness and his father was crying too, this scene was really powerful, emotional, and wanted to say it all ,     so after all that we are told that it may not be his biological daughter, lol, really disappointing and heartbreaking

Ever since this story line was put out there, I haven’t been able to watch not one single episode for two weeks . 
SA also cherished her picture and was so protective of it. It made me upset for this to come out. He hurt his father , but bringing a child that is not of his blood to be raised and loved. The betrayal his family will feel of this ever come out. @marrez1

From today’s episode, poor SA must have felt so wronged but didn’t say anything after that terrible lady’s mother showed up with the child that isn’t even his and told him to take responsibility. It’s obvious that the girl lied to her mother that SA was the father. I hope Ga On doesn’t get to have any relationship at all with her mother after she finds out the truth. Now I can understand why SA gets so emotional about the lady. He was falsely accused and decided to close his mouth since nobody wanted the baby including the baby’s maternal grandmother. He must feel so wronged especially since his family still gossips about it occasionally and he was forced to keep everything secret without anyone to confide in. 

Also, I find it peculiar how the writer doesn’t outright say that SA is not the biological father but rather leave it up to viewers to figure it out. Like SA and the girl never talked about her dating someone else. Therefore, it’s kind of vague. Her behavior when she showed up pregnant in front of SA seem to imply it’s not his kid and they were not really in that kind of relationship. Outside the clinic they seem to be friends and not teenagers in a romantic relationship.

After watching this week's episodes:

I don't have much to add to the issue of Ga-On's mother and Seorak's past, I agree with all/most of what you all wrote about it. I suppose we'll know what exactly her mom wants in the next episode.

Anyway, two other points that I'd like to address to are:

(1) Was it really wise of Gye-Ok to lie to Ga-On about the nature of the relationship between her and Seorak? I mean, Ga-On already has some kind of confirmation from her dad about it, so isn't it confusing if Gye-Ok completely denies it? 

I get that she wanted to reassure her, but lying isn't the best way to do it, in my opinion. Later, Ga-On might feel deceived by her. 

(2) Episode 84 - the conversation between Gye-Ok's stepmother and Aeri's mom, where the 2nd asked her if there's nothing between her daughter and Seorak. It might seem like a scene of little consequence, but it felt to me like the writer is preparing the ground. The writer is starting to mentally prepare Gye-Ok's stepmother to the idea that she has a relationship with the 3rd son of that family, and that in the future she would want to marry him. We also got a glimpse of what the stepmother thinks about a relationship between them.

This feeling grows even stronger, if you add this scene to two other previous scenes: One where Halla asks her if her daughter has a boyfriend, and the other when the stepmother thinks it's strange this family shows so much interest in her daughter's boyfriend.

We mustn't forget that indeed, Ga-On's is the main obstacle for their relationship right now, but once they get her approvel (hopefully after the mother's storm passes), they'll still have to ease her stepmom's mind about it.

Yes, I know she has no moral right to object, but Gye-Ok would probably feel it's important to get her blessing as well.

P.S

According to IG, there will be another scene from the past with young Seorak, probably in 2 weeks.

@Manora, what Gye Ok told Ga On was technically true though, isn’t it? Didn’t she answer the question without admitting or denying that she have feelings for SA? I think she said something like they’re just friends (which, given their current status, it’s true) and SA was helping her with the grandfather’s plan. However, even if she outright said no, she didn’t have feelings for SA, I suppose after time passes feelings can change. That can be the case for these two from Ga On’s eventual perspective.

I think the trouble will be with GYO’s stepmom. Although the stepmom didn’t raise an objection to SA and the purported fact that he got a girl pregnant in his teens, she did say that she didn’t want GYO to be humiliated by the Boo family. I think she’s believes that the Boo family would treat GYO terribly by assuming she’s after their money. Also, the fact that GYO was in the fake marriage with the father seem to bother the stepmom since it would be weird that SA get with her after that situation. Looking back, it was really the best move to have GYO fake marriage found out by the stepmom. In that way the sooner the fake marriage is forgotten, the better it will be for GYO and SA. 

I was also pleased to hear the stepmom say she regret going to the restaurant and carrying on like she did. It shows some repentance. I always said she should have gone to the house instead and not the people’s place of business.

I heartily wish that Mr. Boo and SA continue to adamantly oppose Han Ra shacking up. Give him a nice dose of trouble just like he did with GYO and SA. May it continue for a good while and let Bo Mi have a chance to genuinely enjoy the house by herself. 

13 hours ago, heartslined said:

I just wanted to say that I'm really loving the OST for this drama, from the more upbeat intro songs to the ballads. All so catchy and such easy listening.

My favorites are J-Cera - 아름다운 구속 (Beautiful Redemption), Shin Ji Hoon - 내 사랑 내 곁에 (My Love by My Side), Song I Han - 괜찮지가 않아 (It's Not Okay), Coda Bridge - 그대만 보여요 (I Only See You)  and Han Kyung Il - 지금 만나러 갑니다 (I'm Going To See You Now). What about you all?

And did you notice when Sul Ak and "Megan" met together at the coffee shop the song playing was "Memories" from "Cats"?  A very subtle suggestion for their reunion.

Oh hell no. This brazen bi.... really just rock up on Ga On like that. Nope nope nope. She's at such a critical point big exams and RickRoll'D looming and this mare just wants to drop a bomb on the poor kid. Sul Ak would be well within his rights to throttle her. 

Gosh can we start taking chunks out of Min Joo's smug face. How much longer we have to wait? Her smugness when talking to the girl was just urg.... She probably hasn't even read a poem since school and that book is just for show. Annoy step sisters doggedness will finally be useful. When people have to rush to change their plans the mistakes creep in. Conman's true face will be revealed soon can't wait to Min Joo  to receive that slap in the face.

Yeah srsly this is getting far too tiring, agreed with what @celebrianna said that even if they want to make her back into the family in the end Minjoo needs to be thoroughly shamed and trampled. What I wouldn’t give to see the brothers, Baekdoo especially, yell at her and shame her for acting so high and mighty when she was, i dunno, having an affair and cheating on her husband herself??? She called him out for cheating but she was doing it too, and what’s worse she even was plotting theft and attempted murder, not to mention the attempted assault on Gye Ok too in the past. Lol what a hypocrite of a woman, I hope the family kicks her out and just leave her penniless, honestly Baekdoo’s first love was a lot better than her. I really hope the writers do sth about this quagmire or it’ll sink and drown the whole story

7 hours ago, Mocharel said:

Yeah srsly this is getting far too tiring, agreed with what @celebrianna said that even if they want to make her back into the family in the end Minjoo needs to be thoroughly shamed and trampled. What I wouldn’t give to see the brothers, Baekdoo especially, yell at her and shame her for acting so high and mighty when she was, i dunno, having an affair and cheating on her husband herself??? She called him out for cheating but she was doing it too, and what’s worse she even was plotting theft and attempted murder, not to mention the attempted assault on Gye Ok too in the past. Lol what a hypocrite of a woman, I hope the family kicks her out and just leave her penniless, honestly Baekdoo’s first love was a lot better than her. I really hope the writers do sth about this quagmire or it’ll sink and drown the whole story

She can end up in a jumpsuit along with the conman for all I care. She most definitely cannot and must not be kumbayaing  along with the rest of the family come the final credits. That'd just be ridiculous. We'd have waste how many hours here if her and her smug face are still up in that noodle restaurant. 

Hmm.I will just say in almost every drama I have ever seen the antagonist either ends of Repentant and forgiven Or dead.Given the latter is highly unlikely I see a happy family for everyone in the end. No one ever gets the punishment they deserve IMO

On 8/14/2020 at 1:08 PM, UnniSarah said:

Ever since this story line was put out there, I haven’t been able to watch not one single episode for two weeks . 

@UnniSarah The writer planned this from the very beginning of the drama, that Ga-On isn't Seorak's biological daughter. There were very small hints about it, at least 2-3 times in the first episodes, when the restaurant employees and also Gye-Ok herself noticed Ga-On looks nothing like Seorak.

On 8/15/2020 at 12:42 AM, celebrianna said:

@Manora, what Gye Ok told Ga On was technically true though, isn’t it? Didn’t she answer the question without admitting or denying that she have feelings for SA? I think she said something like they’re just friends (which, given their current status, it’s true) and SA was helping her with the grandfather’s plan. However, even if she outright said no, she didn’t have feelings for SA, I suppose after time passes feelings can change. That can be the case for these two from Ga On’s eventual perspective.

@celebrianna Ga-On wanted to know if Gye-Ok has romantic feelings towards her father, and Gye-Ok denied it (and later told Seorak about it, saying she told Ga-On that she didn't like him like that). She let her believe they are nothing more than friends, which is not true. It doesn't matter how you technically define your current situtaion with a person: boyfriend/friend, what counts is the feelings, and these two are definitely in love.

Anyway, I hope that eventually Ga-On understands their situation and accept them as a couple without feeling betrayed.

I really really look forward for the time when SA and GGO have a solid relationship, it's not easy to watch this all back-and-forth, one step forward, two steps back. It might be consistent with real life circumstences, but the writer is basically torturing us by doing that (that's at least how I feel).

I agree @RobinM.... that’s what i’m afraid of. Even Once Again showed some actual consequence towards the scamming con artist character there and showed her in prison. Minjoo’s crimes are beyond forgiveness, if she truly regrets her doings in the end i hope the writers make her decide to bear the consequence of her sins herself. It’s one thing to teach forgiveness but its another when the characters are just too unrealistically forgiving.

@tas82, the most I hope for Min Joo is that she will no longer be a part of the Boo family by the end. In order for that to happen there should at least be some damage to the family to make the father irate. Considering that nobody seems suspicious of the conman and nobody recognizes him at the moment from the fliers, he can do some real damage if the stupid first son and conman’s lover gives him the information he needs to scam them with the soup recipe. Notice the stupid first son writes notes and conman’s lover can easily access them. She can innocently ask the first son about his progress. The problem is she’s hoping for a branch while conman is hoping to get the recipe to sell to the highest bidder.

I figure the reason why Min Joo doesn’t and shouldn’t belong in that family is because she was always a gold digger and both the father and the first son knew it and allowed it. She also seem to really dislike her husband. She acts as if she suffered so much in the family because of her husband when I have to wonder if she even ever tried to be a wife that her husband can feel at ease with. Lastly, she plotted with her lover to steal the father’s hard work. Whether she succeeds or not in getting the recipe, she clearly no longer wants to be a part of that family and instead wants her pay day. 

@Manora, I wouldn’t worry about GYO’s answer to Ga On. By the time Ga On finds out she’s not even SA’s child and realizes how much SA sacrificed for her, I doubt she will want SA to continue that sacrifice for her. The fact is, SA endured a lot of shame for her considering how Korean society shuns people’s mistakes. This was even recently brought up during GYO’s stepmom’s conversations with Ae Ri’s mom. I can’t imagine how much gossip SA had to silently endure. 

@RobinM, you’re absolutely right that these drama shows like to force repentance and reconciliation for bad actors. I suppose the good thing here is that MJ is not an outright villain in the sense that she hasn’t hurt anybody yet. I think I would be thoroughly satisfied with her public shaming. She always thinks she’s better than everyone including her husband so I would be more than satisfied if everybody in the family found out she was scheming against them with the conman. I would also love if the conman actually con her and her husband out of serious money. 

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)

All chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!

We have chosen three sageuks:

1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

2) Empress Ki (with Ji Chang Wook)

3) The Moon Embracing the Sun (with Kim Soo Hyun)

All three dramas were big hits back in the day, some even achieving over 40% viewership ratings!

You can join one of the re-watch parties or all of them! It doesn't matter if you have already seen the drama or it's your first time. Everyone is welcome to join!

:piggydance:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon & @Lmangla

Honestly He is probably attracted to her because she beautiful, smart and sophisticated Not even mentioning the history between them. I think he is conflicted basically and blowing hot and cold. Basic K drama love line angst. It will work out :)

19 minutes ago, hell59 said:

I am not liking SA's cold attitude towards GO. Does he have feelings for Megan?

I don’t like his attitude either. To me he’s clearly taking Gye Ok for granted. She agreed to his request to wait for him so maybe he feels secure in that. He probably needs some shaking up. No worries about that since Min Joo will basically out them to the family tomorrow. That might make GYO seriously back off. Min Joo is certainly flying high. 

Archived