[Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

0ly40

50 minutes ago, dulceres said:

My gut feeling is,  the lady who bumped into Ga On is her biological Mom and the consultant that will be working with SA is the same person.

@dulceresThat's exactly the case (confirmed by Instagram posts).

After watching this week's episodes, here are my thoughts:

In my opinion, Ga-On's mom, Lee Cheong-Ah (Megan Lee), appearing after all these years is the solution for Seorak's and Gye-Ok's current situation. Her arrival would probably make the truth about Ga-On surface, and like others have said here before, this would make Ga-On identify with Gye-Ok, and ultimetly approve her father's relationship with her, as she'd feel she has no right to prevent the happiness of the man who brought her up and gave her a family of his own free will (though we still don't know excatly what happend).

Another issue: Halla's behaviour during this entire week has been irritating me SO MUCH. Really, no words are enough to describe my anger. First, he spoke in such a way to Gye-Ok (after meeting Geum-Gang), as if it's his business who she dates. Even if the man she likes is his brother, and she once had a fake marriage with his father, he has no right to speak like that. For the sake of his own selfish reasons, he had no impediment to hurt her with his words. 

Second, and that's the most repellent thing he did so far - he went to Ga-On, a teenager with issues, and scared her with his talks and "hints" about a stepmother. His goal was to manipulate her into finding out if his suspicions about SA and GO are true, and after that, if there's really something between them, using her to make them break up, as he knows SA puts Ga-On above everything and everyone, including himself. This is beyond words, an adult (even a childish person like him) should NEVER do such a thing! Even if this was the screenwriter way of letting Ga-On know about the woman her father is seeing, this was too much for me to watch.

Third, Halla and Bomi's "sweet" scene, making plans, searching a house, shopping for furnitures and electronics, imagining themselves living together (though not as a couple yet) annoyed me too. Why Halla has the right to plan his life with the person he wants to, and his brother doesn't? Only because he thinks a relationship between them is nonsense, without even knowing or caring how deep their feelings are?!

Halla is being so childish, selfish and repulsive that I really can't stand him. I hope he realizes his mistakes soon and apologizes properly to the people he hurt.

Sorry for writing so at length...

As the drama has been extended to 124 episodes, there are only 45 episodes left.

So, I hope this week we'll have some major developments in several plot lines, because really there's not much time left to resolve reasonably all the inheritance, family and romantic relationships' issues.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Manora, I understand you. I’m majorly turned off by Han Ra as well. I hope he gets some troubles soon so that he can mind his own business. 

Gaon’s mom looks good. I wonder if she will be another unlikeable person. She will probably demand to be a part of her daughter’s life. That’s the usual storyline. Well, I suppose Ga On needs to know the truth about her parents. 

@dulceres, I can’t wait to see Ms. Min Joo’s face when she finds out her man is a crook, conman and ex-convict. :popcornjackson:

I don't mind the pace at all, but I understand the frustration expressed here.  It's taking awhile for the family to come around and appreciate their own situations, let alone the situations of the siblings.  They still exhibit some pretty boorish behavior, yet have a few sparks now and then of empathy and the need to accept their own mistakes and regroup for the sake of their family.  GO remains calm and cooperative, trying to guide them to the finish line.  It's baby steps for her but she is remaining the adult in the room who can see light at the end of the tunnel.  Her reward will come eventually,  but only after some of the other wrinkles get ironed out, and leave no doubt that she belongs and is accepted into the family.  Putting her in now would only cause resentment and friction and defeat the purpose of trying to get them to show maturity and grace, and show Mr. Boo that he really does have good, capable kids.

@celebrianna:  And a dead beat dad!  

@Manora:  :D 45 episodes is enough to do the entire series without going 'over the hill and thru the dale.'  Think of how much tighter the storyline could be, how much more emotional/suspenseful it could be.  But it's KDrama and they are contracted for xxx episodes, so off we go, spending at least 124 hours of our lives.  

Son4 is a little man-boy.  I have no patience or interest in little man-boys.  

Dam i thought Halla had changed and matured to a better person but he’s still a manbaby after all. I used to like him after he showed some growth but then the writers seemed like they forgot about that and regressed him!

Is it wrong if I actually look forward to the plot with Ga On’s mom?? LOL if it means we can wrap up the conman and manbaby Halla business ASAP

@Mocharel, I actually think the introduction of Ga On’s mother right now could be a detriment to the family in the sense that Seol Ak, his father and Gye Ok might be distracted with the reappearance of the mom and consequently Conman and his enabling lover can take of advantage of their plot to steal the soup formula from buffoon first son. I actually think that Conman and his lover’s story will be tackled last because it involves the fall of the entire family though I think Seol Ak would still have great earning power regardless. 

@watchumlots, indeed I forgot deadbeat father. Poor kid have parents that majorly fail at living a honest life. 

@msmy, I agree with your perspective on Gye Ok that it will take time and caution to finally get together with Seol Ak. I can easily see the others thinking it’s unfair that Seol Ak is dating the person in charge of the money. They would probably think he has an advantage. I guess the writer is trying to have themtrust her first and see that she actually cares about them. 

@Mocharel, personally I think the writer is spot on about Han Ra. She’s not regressing him. The only change I see Han Ra made is that he stopped looking down on people, stop dating older women and started actually working for a living. However, even at work I see Han Ra is still lacking. He still has a long way to go. He still acts like a kid too. And worse of all, he’s still selfish. Sure, he was tricked out of his room and accepted it, but I think that stems from the fact that the brothers do care about each other. So I’m not surprised about his behavior.

Urgh that preview thanks @celebrianna The nerve bout she missed him. Why now. After so long Ga On is nearly grown. Bsssh please...away with you.

I really detest relatives that show up after a long period of time with their selfish entitled selves with not a care in the world for how the person they popping up on feels. 

@tas82 I think she is trying to get back with Seol Ak. Since she’s back, I guess we will find out their story. I’d really like to know the truth about Ga On’s dad. I assume because Ga On brought up to Gye Ok that Gye Ok is not blood related to her family, it’s kind of foreshadowing that Ga On is also not blood related to her family. 

I think Ga On's bio Mom already have a solid plan of approaching her daughter and SA. The only back story I can remember was when they were teenager and in high school studying at Mr. Boo's place.  I can only assume that Megan Lee may have change her name or she went abroad to further her studies after giving birth to Ga On, so many unknown back story about Ga On/SA.

@celebrianna, your comments regarding the parentage of Ga On are on points.  Who knows if he is really SA daughter? maybe they were good friends and he just helped her and pretend that she is his daughter when she brought her home. I guess we will find out soon, I am not getting a lovers vibe when they meet at the pool or I could be wrong:crazy:.  For sure, Megan Lee seems interested  about SA. The environment at SA's work place will be uncomfortable for sure.

I really don't like the con man,  hopefully; he will not succeed with this plan of stealing the secret of Buruna Noodles.

Since we are looking at 40 plus ep before this drama ends, it may take a while before everything is sorted out, i.e. inheritance, SA/Gong Geok, Megan Lee and Ga On and all the side characters. 

9 minutes ago, dulceres said:

I think Ga On's bio Mom already have a solid plan of approaching her daughter and SA. The only back story I can remember was when they were teenager and in high school studying at Mr. Boo's place.  I can only assume that Megan Lee may have change her name or she went abroad to further her studies after giving birth to Ga On, so many unknown back story about Ga On/SA.

@dulceres Her name is Lee Cheong-Ah, as was mentioned in the past scene (episode 46) you were writing about.

In tomorrow's episode, there's going to be another scene from the past, with young Seorak and her, and on Friday's episode too.

By the way, I wonder what Ga-On is planning by going out with Gye-Ok and Jang-Won. Will she bring Seorak with her, try to embarrass Gye-Ok in some way or does she want to test her? Anyhow, I didn't like the look in her eyes.

@dulceres, I kind of want Ga On to be SA’s daughter. I’m just used to it being that way. Also, Ga On would have a harder time if he’s not because she already was experiencing issues at school not having a mother and now she would be told that the father she knew who sacrificed his youth for her is not actually her birth father. That’s going to throw her into even more confusion added to the revelation and confrontation with her biological mother. 

Regarding the Conman, the only person I want him to succeed in conning is Min Joo. For a thief, she sure can hold her head high against Gye Ok and against Ae Ri. As a cheater, she sure shouldn’t be acting as though she’s more moral than her husband. As a gold digger, she plots in secret against Gye Ok getting in the way of her plans to steal the soup recipe and run off with her lover. As a potential murderer, she even asks her lover to cause Gye Ok to get in an accident because Gye Ok found out that she had been stealing money from the restaurant up til now. Mr. Boo was right to give her back salary to set things right. In other words, Min Joo needs to be exposed to the entire family and I hope in the end it’s not just her husband, GYO and Mr. Boo who finds out what she’s been plotting. She needs to be publicly exposed.

Gye Ok silenced Mr. Boo’s suspicions against Min Joo in today’s episode. I hope she won’t regret it later. 

@celebrianna that’s true, I really hope she’s knocked off her high horse soon, she’s starting to become like those typical kdrama villains whose plots and schemes end up becoming more villainous by the moment, where they add more and more evil deeds to cover up another. This is getting pretty tiring and I kinda hope they can go back to writing the story like in the beginning and middle part of the series. The reason the series attracted me in the first place was because it was somewhat of a tale of a woman desperate in her life, but ended up changing the life of another family for the better, now it’s just a typical kdrama with a villainous schemer, con artists, attempted murder, illness and stuff :/

I hope Ga On was really Seorak’s daughter too but I kinda feel we do need that plot about her mom, at least it might be more promising than the way overplayed conman plot

Exactly @celebrianna she needs to be knocked clean off her high horse. People like the annoying aunty are gonna be so shocked when her true face is revealed. Her plotting and scheming needs to revealed soon because as we can see from the meeting for inheritance they've barely changed when comes to their dad and his money. All their actions are still just to get inheritance money not out of genuine care or consideration. They still do things for what they can get out of it not because it's simply the right thing to do, they all still very calculating. Now we adding SA's ex to the mix. They need to start resolving some of these storylines or their supposed growth will all feel very rushed and fake...

Han Ra in for a rude awakening I think Bo Mi going dump him give him a proper reality check. The furniture hunting gonna highlight some of his bad traits and she'll pull him up hopefully opening his eyes, dude wants to spend chaebol money on a restaurant skivvy wage. 

Ga On best be careful what she wishes for. Her mum is selfish and will use her. There might a small percentage of her with genuine motherly feelings and interest for Ga On but she'll be another one who's actions will be just to serve her own purpose. She'll turn out to be more selfish, more conniving and more manipulative than stalker lawyer lady.

Why doesn't Ae Ri's mother just sod off? What's the point of her working at the restaurant now? 

@Mocharel, fortunately this daily drama is much more tame than the villainous schemes portrayed in the usual daily drama shows. I put Mom Is Having An Affair on hold simply because there are at least four characters in that show who do evil things and I just couldn’t take 120 episodes of that. While I suppose having evil characters make a show interesting, I’m tired of that because I spent my younger years watching almost every soap opera that was on US television. Comparatively, this show really only have Min Joo and the Conman plotting evil deeds. The other characters do annoying and selfish things, but at least they’re not trying to frame people for murder or committing murder. 

@tas82, MinJoo is the ultimate hypocrite. I’m practically chomping at the bit to see her demise. I really hope that she doesn’t end up still in the family. I find it unforgivable that she wants to ruin their business by stealing the soup recipe. And it’s not even like she’s plotting alone, she’s doing it with her lover. That’s why when she’s acting all pious in front of Ga On, Seol Ak, and Ae Ri, I start to hate her guts. I don’t know who can save the Boo family because absolutely none of them suspect her and the same with GYO. Mr. Boo still suspects her but not fully for the right reason. He knows that she will probably try to get the restaurant but he doesn’t realize she’s ready to run off with her lover too and steal his soup recipe. The conman and her already know the trademark is not finalized and I understand trademark is not necessarily successful in lawsuits for food. 

In the preview Mr. Boo sees a picture of the conman but I wonder if he’ll recognize him. I doubt it. I wonder if it’s GYO’s stepsister who put up those flyers. :lol: She’s probably after money too. Now she has the right target. 

It really looks like Ga On is not SA’s biological daughter. He has an amazing heart to take in the girl’s baby and endure all the shame. I wonder if this means he has never dated anyone just like GYO.

Cheong Ah chose the wrong strategy.  The way she tried to approach him and "seduce" him in  the pool scene was just so uncalled for and left a bad taste in my mouth. She should've showed up and thanked SA for taking care of her kid first. And then  tried to get close to Ga On and really bond with her. Then SA would be more likely to be open to her  for the sake of making a family for Ga On even though he isn't her real dad. Her character looked so innocent in the flashbacks, I wonder what happened to her. 

However, the more annoying she gets the better for GGO/SA/GO so that she disappears from their lives later on .

Looks like she'll be around for a while (at least until ep 90 based on the actress' IG).

2 hours ago, zoks said:

Looking at young SA's reaction I think it's all but confirmed Ga On isn't his biological daughter. That isn't a kid who is panicking about knocking up his girlfriend. 

Indeed. In addition, when she showed up in front his house with a big stomach, he asked her where she had been all this time because he tried to get in touch with her. If the baby was his kid I imagine she would have told him early in the pregnancy that she was pregnant. It looked like she came to him as a last resort. 

As to Ga On, I suppose she’s all ready to give GYO a piece of her mind if GYO admits to have feelings for SA. I expect that no matter how she acts, GYO will forgive her. She’s fortunate that GYO has a big heart. However, I don’t know why she didn’t just confront GYO at the Boo’s house. If the nephew hears her giving GYO attitude he will probably get upset again. I hope this doesn’t turn into a mess.

Regarding the biological mom, she’s shameless. She actually told SA she missed him. What a joke! How old is Ga On? Isn’t she about 16/17 years old? If the bio mother cared so much about both of them, why didn’t she come back and face her responsibility years ago? Did SA tell her not to come back? In any case, that lady needs to buzz off.

@celebrianna agreed she’s getting waaaaay too evil that no amount of redemption should be spared on her. I remember the drama My Heart’s Flower Rain and there was this impostor who (iirc my mom said, she was the one who watched it) took the place of another woman and lived that woman’s life of comfort. At first they established her hardship to make you feel sorry for her too but as the story went the impostor showed no remorse and no guilt in her actions and just kept on doubling down on her crimes, even committing an attempted murder on the mother that (mistakenly) took her in and cherished her truly like a daughter unknowing of her crimes. It’s these kinds of villains that really deserve no sort of forgiveness, think of the damn message it would send, writer-nim! No matter how hard life gets i would find a villain much more believable if they at times show signs of humanity, like they are capable of other things more than just “be evil”, i think it’s the “scariest” way to write a villain. Then again maybe I’m expecting too much depth from a Kdrama X’D

I personally find Gaon’s mom hilarious. She’s trying soooo hard to seduce Seorak but all her attempts were disastrous I’m laughing so hard like “maam, you srsly think that’s gonna win him?” She’s an entertainment compared to Minjoo, since you can tell she’s set up to fail spectacularly and then just scrapped away, unlike Minjoo who still have this chance of being “redeemed” (They’d better not tho)

Archived