[Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

0ly40

Finally dumb step Mom is asking for help with her failing restaurant.  After all that has been given her, she doesn't have much room to criticize GO's dad for his mistakes.

The sons and wives sitting around licking their chops while Mr. Boo is "contemplating" what to do next with his fortune is hilarious.  He knows perfectly well what the next move is, and they are going to get another swift kick when the money doesn't come rolling in like they had won the lottery.  This is getting good.:D

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theory Special

MR Boo second plan is 

1. Make Gong Gye Ok his Successor since no one in the family wants it. Lol lol lol 

2. second Son has lost his home because he used his apartment as collateral 

3. Seol Ahk dates Gong Gye Ok and make her fall madly in love with him. 
4. Gong Gye Ok learning the ropes, will make tons of enemies but She already has 3rd son wrapped around her pinky, 4th Son cares for Gong Gye Ok , he will support his brother. 1st Son will support her completely. 
5. second son and his family moves in the house because they lose the apartment. 
6. Gong Gye Ok will change this family but will have to go through so much suffering just to get them to change because Second Son is GREEDY. So GREEDY AND ONLY CARES FOR HIS CLOSE FAMILY. 

* My main problem is that SA still hasn’t gotten over GO’s mom. He is extremely protective of that picture. If he opens up about this secret to Gong Gye Ok, show her the picture. It would make me so happy. 

Just finished watching episode 63-64 

The scenes with So Young was the worse because it seemed like not meaningful. I couldn’t feel for her feelings at all. The writer chooses to make Gong Gye Ok the scapegoat for SY unhappy life. How can that even be possible or realistic. People get remarried . Finally we find out why GO was raised by that fickle woman. Because she WANTED TO PROTECT HER REPUTATION. Wow wow , there was no love or affection. SY  reason for taking the car was because he gave it to her for “CONSCIOUS “ Does that even make sense. GY takes the blame for SY terrible childhood.  Not all children react that way.  Another funny comment SY made, SHE ACTS RHAT WAY BECAUSE SHE IS WORTHLESS. Lol lol lol  It seemed that GU will never cut ties with them because more guilt has been added to her shoulder. 
This Ahjumm has taken the reign again to be future wife of Mr Boo . She is annoying 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29e00d1eac2c343ba722

I really hate Cheating man . They can cheat but when the wife does it. THEY ARE EXTREMELY ANGRY .  He should not have cheated and tried to make her happy at least. I don’t agree with cheaters but damn, he deserved it. 

Spoiler

THE BIGGEST SHOCK WAS MR . Boo response to him dating Gong Gye Ok.

I told you guys ,he had noticed from the beginning his fake wife and son was attracted to each other . 

I noticed a difference in parenting toward Lee Jang Won. He acts more obedient toward Gong Gye Ok than his own mother. He also has more respect for GO than his own mother.  JW wil talk back to SY but never GO. 
I think he hurt his feeling. His grandmother didn’t even correct him.  She just went to her room to sulk.  It’s not like he isn’t wrong . His mom is selfish and greedy. She is so manipulative and she hasn’t even realized it yet. 

Mi Hee is now living with a lot of guilt because she think GO is money hungry. Lol lol  

I think she wants to change her perception of money, they were the one who made take to deal Mr Boo presented to her. I also think she feels kinda threatened by Mr. Boo . She is afraid of losing her for good. 

Kocowa translation 

Han Ra: Why did you fool me?
GYO: Boo Han Ra

Female voice: Come with my money right this minute unless you want your wife to wear mourning clothes.

GG: Chairmen, please spare my life. I have sinned greatly.

GYO: Keep an eye on Min Joo and Chef Cha

Conman: I can’t continue this if Gong Gye Ok finds out who I am.

Baek Do: Who’s the closest to my wife at this restaurant? Is Chef Cha...

Min Joo : He’s not the old Baek Do.

12 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Just finished watching episode 63-64 

The scenes with So Young was the worse because it seemed like not meaningful. I couldn’t feel for her feelings at all. The writer chooses to make Gong Gye Ok the scapegoat for SY unhappy life. How can that even be possible or realistic. People get remarried . Finally we find out why GO was raised by that fickle woman. Because she WANTED TO PROTECT HER REPUTATION. Wow wow , there was no love or affection. SY  reason for taking the car was because he gave it to her for “CONSCIOUS “ Does that even make sense. GY takes the blame for SY terrible childhood.  Not all children react that way.  Another funny comment SY made, SHE ACTS RHAT WAY BECAUSE SHE IS WORTHLESS. Lol lol lol  It seemed that GU will never cut ties with them because more guilt has been added to her shoulder. 
This Ahjumm has taken the reign again to be future wife of Mr Boo . She is annoying.

To be honest, since the stepmother went to the people’s restaurant I just find myself rolling my eyes at all of their scenes afterwards. Beautiful, sorrowful music was played during the scenes and I was still rolling my eyes. I’m afraid nothing that family can do now would move me unless they really change for the better. They leech off Gye Ok and then try to make her feel guilty. How long will she have to pay them back? As to Wicked, I can’t believe how they were affirming her in her victimhood. No matter what happened in the past, she’s a grown woman now. If we think about it, Gye Ok supported and raised the nephew for at least 16 years which is probably the equivalent of the stepmom raising Gye Ok. Is that not enough time and money to pay them back?

jf7s8K.gif

The oldest daughter reading Hesse's Damian and correcting her mother on COVID protocols is about the best daily K-drama character. Some show need comic relief, daily dramas need intellectual relief.  

I just caught up and....i think i gave too much credit to the writer. THEY ACTUALLY PAINT THE SCUMMY, LEECHING WITCH AS A VICTIM?? I would laugh if this wasn’t so preposterous, ngl i dropped the episode right there at that moment. They seriously want us to feel SORRY for HER?? After we’ve seen just how much of a self-centered, egocentric garbage of a human being she was? It’s a miracle how her son turned out decent, it’s like a donkey giving birth to a dragon. I think I might actually drop this series and just rely on following this forum instead, for the sake of my salt levels LOL talk about a bad way to make a sympathetic jerk

6 hours ago, Mocharel said:

I just caught up and....i think i gave too much credit to the writer. THEY ACTUALLY PAINT THE SCUMMY, LEECHING WITCH AS A VICTIM?? I would laugh if this wasn’t so preposterous, ngl i dropped the episode right there at that moment. They seriously want us to feel SORRY for HER?? After we’ve seen just how much of a self-centered, egocentric garbage of a human being she was? It’s a miracle how her son turned out decent, it’s like a donkey giving birth to a dragon. I think I might actually drop this series and just rely on following this forum instead, for the sake of my salt levels LOL talk about a bad way to make a sympathetic jerk

:lol:Unfortunately this is a regular trope in South Korean family drama. The heroine is almost always a fool or tool for her family, be they her family or her husband’s family. I think it’s because they believe family is paramount over anybody outside of the family. I hope you continue to watch. I suffer through it too and I made up my mind not to feel sorry for Gye Ok. It’s the only way I can tolerate her awful family. 

Kocowa Translation:

Min Joo: Did you doubt me by any chance? I feel humiliated.

Mr Boo: How are you going with her? 
Gye Ok: But aren’t we meeting too often? We met during the day.

GG: Honey. Can you cross the sea of pain with me?
Aeri: Do you dare to challenge my chance to turn around? 
Gye Ok: I’m sure you will regret this.

Min Joo: Is there something else?

@celebrianna I should do the same LOL i can’t feel sorry for Gye Ok anymore, not when she continues being stupid and enabled her awful stepfamily treating her like a livestock. If anything I feel sorry for Seorak if he ends up marrying Gye Ok and having THEM as his in laws LOL Ga On please roast the stepsis when they do get married, HAHAHA

@Mocharel:lol: Thanks for making me laugh early in the morning and I couldn’t agree more.

Well, the preview for tomorrow looks interesting. I really hope Gye Ok will not give up on her suspicion that something is going on between conman and gold digger. Seol Ak seem to find it impossible so somebody else needs to continue to be aware of their collusion.

Kocowa Translation:

Gye Ok: Hello, everyone.

GG: What brings you here? 
Mr. Boo: I designate Gong Gye Ok as my property manager and adult guardian.

Voice: Good grief!
Voice: Ae Ri

Wicked’s friend: It’s him, right? Your ex-husband.

Wicked: Yes, I think it’s him.

Seol Ak: That’s an excellent idea.

Mr. Boo: Are you guys playing around?
Gye Ok: Do you...

I loved this last episode.  Seol Ak is such a pushover for wanting to bail out his incompetent brother for the millions of dollars he lost, but it is so refreshing to see Mr. Boo and Gye Ok on the same page.  They agreed that loser brother must find his own way of digging out of the situation, and when GO agreed with Mr. Boo you could see the relief in Mr. Boo's face and almost a slight grin.  He is so determined to whip these guys into shape and he needs someone on his team.  That would be Gye Ok.  She's had to support the slackers herself, and it's time for both families to shape up.  Seol Ak seems to be the only son who is gainfully employed, but he needs to be able to exercise a little "tough love" to keep the family from turning into leeches.  I hope he learns a lot from his father and Gye Ok.

@msmy I haven’t watched Friday’s episode yet but from reading your summary of what happened, I’m also glad Gye Ok agreed with Mr. Boo. People like Geum Gang won’t understand how frightening financial decisions can be unless they feel the pain of their poor financial decisions. Also, now we understand even better why Mr. Boo thought Seol Ak wouldn’t cut it. He easily gave Wicked money for a car and just as easily also want to give Geum Gang all that money to ease his financial situation. 

By the way, the actress who played The Boss is actually the wife of the actor who plays Geum Gang. ^_^

Ep 69 w/Eng subs:

Well, well, well.  What a mess we have!  

-  Plot line with Son4 doesn't interest me much, but appears he will be paired with a very capable girl.  If it means he discontinues floating around, then the goal will be achieved.

- Heroine's family appears to be earnestly working in the meat restaurant.  Of course the series will end with it thriving. They will feel satisfied that is a success due to their hard work.  Oh, and her massive $$$ investment making them debt-free.  Those people are still just rats clinging to a raft!

-  Looks like Son3 ditched his family, likely thinking that if OldMan won't help him, surely he will help the wife & Kiddos.  Heroine won't give them a dime.  Maybe give D-in-Law3 a job, but not a dime.  Bet the preview is Son3 drunk and smelly like a homeless bum, sitting outside of the restaurant.  

These sons only learned to loaf and scam and hold their hands out!  

I suspect the lesson for Son3's mess was when OldMan muttered to himself in the courtyard (paraphrasing): "He thinks you can make 1 million so easily..."  OldMan was reflecting on how hard he worked to earn what he has and his son wants to 'wager' over a million dollars on a movie!  

-  Anyone else sick of that Aunt?  Everytime she appears on-screen with that whiny voice and horrible accent, think I'm gonna lose-my-mind.  Additionally, she is always butting-in where everyone else can see that she doesn't belong.  

-  The plot thickens between D-in-law1 and shifty-Chef.  StepSister made a remark about having her son meet the dad if he had left the scamming business. I don't think he's left that biz.  

Truly feel bad for witchy D-in-Law1; in a loveless marriage with an incapable, spineless man that cheats on her, waiting for OldMan to die so she can leave her husband and walk away with 50% of what her husband gets.  She thinks she is striking a 'partnership' with ShiftyChef, bet that is only yet another disappointment.

Ah KDrama.  WHY do I love you so?

1 hour ago, watchumlots said:

Truly feel bad for witchy D-in-Law1; in a loveless marriage with an incapable, spineless man that cheats on her, waiting for OldMan to die so she can leave her husband and walk away with 50% of what her husband gets.  She thinks she is striking a 'partnership' with ShiftyChef, bet that is only yet another disappointment.

@watchumlots I totally agree with you about Min-Joo!

(BTW you wrote Son3, but it's Son2 who has a wife and 3 daughters. The 3rd son is Seorak, the main lead).

After watching episode 70, I'm a bit frustrated about the super slow romantic development between Seorak and Gye-Ok. We did have some sweet scenes last week, but it doesn't make sense that they're still only holding hands. Even Halla and Bo-Mi have more progress, and they've known each other way less time than the main couple. (You can also say that from the character point of view, Seorak is being very very patient with Gye-Ok, who always runs away).

I'd also like to ask @stroppyse to please translate the last two sentences Boo Young-Bae says at the end of this video (starting 02:27), because I didn't completely understand what he means. I'd be very grateful if you do so. Thanks in advance!

I think that GO and Mr. B are on the right track too. I think 2nd son will never learn unless he is made to fix this problem he created and face it. One of the things that makes me angry is he did not even warn his wife and kids. HE let them come home to their house and things red tagged. Then leaves her some idiot note like this is what she needs. He then runs away to hide thinking his family will take care of his responsibilities instead of trying to find an alternate way to live. I feel like in the end GO and Mr. B did save the house but did not tell them in order for them to work hard to start over. After verifying that they have learned their lesson then give them the house back. I guess we will have to see. 

As for MJ I am sick of her superior attitude and tricks. I do so look forward to she is seen the light about Mr. Chef and made to face everyone after finding out just what type of scam artist he is. Only then will she be brought down from her lofty cliff and made to see the error of her ways as well. 

30 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

As for MJ I am sick of her superior attitude and tricks. I do so look forward to she is seen the light about Mr. Chef and made to face everyone after finding out just what type of scam artist he is. Only then will she be brought down from her lofty cliff and made to see the error of her ways as well. 

It always amazes me how Min Joo acts like Mr. Boo’s money and restaurant is hers. She’s always lecturing Mr. Boo about his actions and her expectations of him. She’s such an idiot because conman is basically conning her too. I can’t wait to see the look on her face when this cold reality is revealed. Hopefully not only will that shut her up, she can finally get a divorce and stop meddling in this family. Let her go find her own happiness elsewhere.

@celebrianna well you know what they say, the higher and bigger they are the harder they fall, and once Min Joo truly falls she will fall HARD. I talked about how much of a control freak she was, being hungry for power and control even in a relationship, types like that will be swallowing a very hard and bitter pill once they learn that they’re not as in control and mighty as they thought they were.

gotta give credit to mr. Chef tho, he knows how to give Min Joo the illusion of the control she desired but still in truth, he was the one holding the reins. It will be a big major slap in the face for Min Joo, her big pride can’t take a fall, let alone knowing she let herself being deceived like that LOL

Today's episode was LOL funny!  When the  brothers got together to throw out some ideas as to how to help bankrupt Geum Gang, the meeting hit a snag when the idea of "chipping in" actual serious money and caused an abrupt halt.  Youngest brother Han Ra seemed the most sympathetic towards his sister-in-law and nieces being homeless, so when Mr. Boo, GO, Seol Ak, and Han Ra all met, there was a fast and furious discussion about what to do and Han Ra suddenly lost his room to the "family"!  His expression was priceless, like, "What just happened here?"  OMG!  So funny!  :D

Archived