[Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

0ly40

The female lead in this show is admirable. I enjoy her character a lot. I was so proud of her when she did the deboning show. Her sales and marketing skills for meat are superb. She’s also kind, honest, patient and hardworking. I look forward to her story as the show progresses. The older sister is bad news though. 

I’m also glad that this show doesn’t really seem to have evil villains so far. Yes the children are “hangers on” trying to see what they can get from their father but they’re not scheming to kill anybody. :lol: They seem perfectly willing to share their father’s wealth rather than trying to cut down each other in a damaging way. 

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I’m also glad that this show doesn’t really seem to have evil villains so far. Yes the children are “hangers on” trying to see what they can get from their father but they’re not scheming to kill anybody. :lol: They seem perfectly willing to share their father’s wealth rather trying to cut down each other in a damaging way. 

This is one of my favorites about this drama. It is a family drama. We are not going to have any backstabbing (only in fun) , murder or any other that makes this drama fail. For me the fact that it has family vibe is perfect. This is about making the children realize how they have affected their father with their waiting for his money. They barely do the minimum in filial duties but they hope to get paid. 

I am happy to see we are moving into the next arc of the story with the contract marriage or partnership. I love that they again showed his deceased wife giving him another sign that our lead is needed in helping him fix his children and their attitude and greed.  Our lead girl is so sweet. I liked that his buddy said he remembered her father as being a kind man. We see all of her father's qualities in her and I am going to love her shaping up his family. I agree that the sister is bad news and it seems from the flashbacks she has always been that way. I am interested to see if she will have any growth in this drama and appreciate her younger step sister finally and be a mom to her son. 

It was great hearing one of the OST from Winter Sonata in the scene where Baek Doo met that lady from his past who claims that her son is sick. I wonder if she told him the truth. Time will tell. It looks like his wife handles the money so he will probably have a hard time getting his hands on it.

I’m a little worried about the marriage contract. If Gye Ok and Seol Akh are supposed to become a couple eventually, it’s a bit awkward. Only unless they’ll do a time skip near the end. However, ultimately I would like to see Gye Ok shape up the sons. I do have one reservation though about this matter. Gye Ok doesn’t even know how to handle her older sister. Is she capable of handling these sons or is it easier to reprove a stepson than an older sister?

@Ldy Gmerm, you’re right, it’s a family drama. I enjoy it a lot. I don’t think I can stand watching 100 episodes of a villain getting his/her way. This show is more to my tastes. Despite what it typically might have been, the siblings do get along well enough. The wives are somewhat coveting their FIL’s money but notice they were not unhappy that the FIL recovered. Actually, out of all the characters, Gye Ok’s older sister is the one that gets on my nerves. She doesn’t know how to be embarrassed about leeching off of a younger sister.

Actually I look forward to seeing her bring KO and her dad together. She is far to grown and cynical for her years. Wonder who raised her?  Her father and her barely seem to know each other.

6 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I do have one reservation though about this matter. Gye Ok doesn’t even know how to handle her older sister. Is she capable of handling these sons or is it easier to reprove a stepson than an older sister?

I think this stems from if she deals with the sister then it will hurt the stepmom. We can see that the she cares alot about her stepmom who I find to be way too weak. The woman knows her daughter is not a good thing and that they are all a burden on GO but they would not last a min if GO was not taking care of them. GO strikes me as longing for a family so she bites her lip and holds it in when dealing with her selfish and ungrateful stepsister. The stepsister does not see the big picture that without GO they would not survive with her spend drift ways and selfishness. GO is just too sweet, but she considers them family so she will do all she can to support them. 

It will be very awkward if GO and SA truly fall for one another. I feel like SA will realize that the relationship with his father is not what they all suspect. There are some big misunderstandings in that family between SA and his father and I am waiting to see what causes so much tension. 

@Ldy Gmerm, the tension you speak of, do you think it’s related to the reason why SA didn’t take his father’s money to pay for his education? We know several things already that might have caused the tension:

1. SA sired a child when just 18 years. I believe one of the SIL mentioned that SA’s father was displeased about it. However, the father seem to have a good relationship with his granddaughter so I’m thinking all is forgiven in this matter.
  2. The father wanted SA to quit his job and help the older brother run the noodle restaurant. SA refused and reaffirmed his wish to follow his own path.
  3. SA’s dad confronted him about the fact that he purchased insurance policies on him. 

SA’s daughter also seem to feel that she’s a hindrance to SA because he isn’t married and doesn’t date. It’s clear that she thinks it’s because of her since he’s a single parent. 

Can I say I really dislike the father.  I know he feels mad about his children. But he is at fault by how he let  them bee all this years. And to the only son that works and is responsable he hates the must. For real...

6 minutes ago, roli said:

Can I say I really dislike the father.  I know he feels mad about his children. But he is at fault by how he let  them bee all this years. And to the only son that works and is responsable he hates the must. For real...

I think the father is a little too harsh and stingy. It seems that his wife never even got to experience any benefit from their success. It’s a pity.

Regarding the sons, I think it’s more that the father got disappointed with the way they were fighting over his money. He didn’t get to see that they were actually mourning him. He probably now realizes that he had spoiled them and wants to teach them a lesson to rectify his error before he really passes on. 

5 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@Ldy Gmerm, the tension you speak of, do you think it’s related to the reason why SA didn’t take his father’s money to pay for his education? We know several things already that might have caused the tension:

1. SA sired a child when just 18 years. I believe one of the SIL mentioned that SA’s father was displeased about it. However, the father seem to have a good relationship with his granddaughter so I’m thinking all is forgiven in this matter.
  2. The father wanted SA to quit his job and help the older brother run the noodle restaurant. SA refused and reaffirmed his wish to follow his own path.
  3. SA’s dad confronted him about the fact that he purchased insurance policies on him. 

SA’s daughter also seem to feel that she’s a hindrance to SA because he isn’t married and doesn’t date. It’s clear that she thinks it’s because of her since he’s a single parent. 

I think that's it. SA does not want to stop his own career to help his brother run the family business. I don't think SA is reject the hard work that his father put into that business but his father may see it that way. I think SA wanted to show his father he could do it on his own that's why he never took money from his dad. I also think he felt sorry for how hard his parents worked to support them. His father is blinded and does not realize SA did not reject what he worked so hard for for so long but was instead trying to lesson the burned on his parents.  GO will be the bridge to help these two stubborn men realize all of this. 

4 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Regarding the sons, I think it’s more that the father got disappointed with the way they were fighting over his money. He didn’t get to see that they were actually mourning him. He probably now realizes that he had spoiled them and wants to teach them a lesson to rectify his error before he really passes on. 

We could see that he never thought of keeping his money from his children. Its only after he stood there and heard them fighting over the money instead of morning him properly that he was angry when he came back to his body. He was a stingy man who failed to treat his wife to comfort before her passing. I do think that given the time he grew up having become a self made man it was in his nature to horde his money and not be a spend drift. Poverty , hunger were prolly very big while he was growing up so when he finally saw a profit it was second nature to put the money away and not spend even on his wife who deserved to be pampered. 

In today's episode after the wife's visit we saw his regret that he did that to her. He feels ashamed about how the kids turned out and how he did not even give her a ring or comforts before her death. This is his chance now to fix everything before he goes to be with her. I also think on some level he is giving GO a family too. 

@Ldy Gmerm

I will like to highlight the name of the characters, using the current Korean Romanised known as the RR transliteration.

Bu Yeong Bae had named of his 4 sons after the Mountains in the Korean Peninsular.

Since he originally from North Korea, he had name his 2 oldest sons after the mountains that is currently in North Korea

Eldest son Baek Du 

Baekdusan or Mt. Baekdu Mountain is still an active volcano that that borders China & North Korea. In China, the mountain is known as Mt. Changbai.

2nd son Geum Gang

Geumgangsan or Mt. Geumgang that borders North Korea & South Korea, although the large part or the most scenic of the mountain range is in North Korea. 

The 2 younger sons are name after mountain in South Korea

3rd son Seo Rak 

Seoraksan or Mt. Seorak  is the 3rd highest mountain in South Korea located in the east of Gangwon-do province

Youngest son Halla

Hallasan or Mt Halla, a shield volcano is the highest mountain in South Korea locate right in the middle in Jeju-do or Jeju Island

Gong Gye Ok always refer to the locality of Majang-dong.

Majang-dong is where the Majang Meat Market is situated. It is the traditional & wholesale market that exclusively sells meat mainly beef & pork. You likely have seen in last week episode that she has great butchering skills as she butchered the the carcass into cuts

If you wish to have quality Korean beef (Hanwu) BBQ that doesn't break the piggy bank, I suggest that you go to this market. They have similar concept to Noryangjin Fish market where you can buy your raw product from the many butcher shops that you can have them cook over the brisket charcoal for a minimum fee of W5,000 per head in the butcher's recommendation restaurants on the 1st floor

Bu Yeong Bae sells Naengmyeon or in this drama Mul Naengmyeon is a cold noodles serve in a beef broth which have its origins from North Korea

End of Episode 21

Bu Yeong Bae will give W300 million to Gong Gye Ok for a marriage contract of one year

As of the flavour of this drama, it have the same flavouring with the previous KBS 2013 drama "Wang's Family" with plenty of trot music as background music

Upon watching this last episode I really do find the old  man insufferable and unreasonable. He actually upbraids  and seemingly hates his one useful and productive son who does not live off him for not catering to and doing more his feckless wastrel leech  brothers.  I am used to overbearing clues less KDrama parents but he is the worst!

THIS IS BEST DRAMA.

I like family romance drama with no silly plots. I like clean and warm drama. no negative richard simmons.

Please give 10 best family romance drama.

On 5/20/2020 at 2:01 AM, RobinM said:

Upon watching this last episode I really do find the old  man insufferable and unreasonable. He actually upbraids  and seemingly hates his one useful and productive son who does not live off him for not catering to and doing more his feckless wastrel leech  brothers.  I am used to overbearing clues less KDrama parents but he is the worst!

Actually it was misunderstanding. if he explained it , then there would not be a drama. All father thinks he took insurance on his death. So son wants you dead , so son can get insurance money in fathers mind.

I like father so far. Only thing is he did not explain the girl why he wanted to marry her. if he explained all then we would not have drama. I think next episode it happens.

I want to see dramatic entrance on his birthday party. i want to see the son's face.

Is it too much to ask that GO give that nuisance family the $100,000 and tell them bye? Perhaps that will pay her father’s debt to them and she can finally move on. The stepmother obviously favors her own daughter by the fact she almost always put up with her nasty tantrums. Maybe by paying them off GO can finally live freely. She can keep the rest money for herself providing she completes the contract successfully.

27 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Is it too much to ask that GO give that nuisance family the $100,000 and tell them bye? Perhaps that will pay her father’s debt to them and she can finally move on. The stepmother obviously favors her own daughter by the fact she almost always put up with her nasty tantrums. Maybe by paying them off GO can finally live freely. She can keep the rest money for herself providing she completes the contract successfully.

This is what I was thinking. Pay those ungrateful leaches and let them go their own way. They are so foul to GO who is the only one really working hard to take care of them all. The kids job at the store is for his pocket money he makes no real contribution to the household. The stepmom is weak and gets on my nerves. I agree she favors her own useless daughter but its GO who shows her the most care. At the end of the raw episode you could tell that GO was very hurt by what they said. So I hope since she agreed she gave them what is owed and then went on her way. I doubt she will break ties and even if she told them to go they would eventually come looking for her. 

38 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

This! She needs to be free of them. I can't stand to have to see more and more of the useless sister.  The mum is so obviously bias. I can understand family supporting each other but I'll never understand why folk think it's and obligation it's should be out of love and that doesn't give anyone the right to use it as some safety net to enable them to make dumb irresponsible choices thinking someone else will pick up the pieces. Just so twisted.  Same with kids thinking that dad's money is automatically theirs without even putting in the graft. They need to hurry up and clarify the insurance misunderstanding it's getting irksome now watching Seo Rak getting his feelings hurt by dad every time.

Nice one @gerrytan8063 I did notice the mountain names but not the rest. Thanks. Ah man hiking Seoraksan espically in autumn such good fun. Definitely a mountain worth climbing... Go Gye Ok go climb that mountain girl it's so worth it! :D

@Ldy Gmerm @tas82 I know we won’t get our wish because GO is too kind. What hurts even more is it looks like they’ve been keeping this secret from GO while nursing a grudge against her and her father. The whole body language of the three sort of implied that this is a matter that must have been discussed amongst them before. Even the school kid did not seem surprised. Meanwhile, poor GO probably slaves like this for them because she’s occasionally reminded that she’s not related by blood to them. She probably takes everything on herself to be accepted by them. Obviously it didn’t work because she still looked like an outsider in that scene. 

Eeek @celebrianna that means they've just been emotionally manipulating her all this time and using her as an atm and a reason for their own failures. She's basically lived all this time trying to have theym accept her and to no be abandoned. Dang that's so sad. 

27 minutes ago, tas82 said:

Eeek @celebrianna that means they've just been emotionally manipulating her all this time and using her as an atm and a reason for their own failures. She's basically lived all this time trying to have theym accept her and to no be abandoned. Dang that's so sad. 

Except for the older sister, I get the impression that the stepmom and the nephew care about GO. However, when backed into a corner, the three blood related ones look out for each other. It’s usually the time when people observe that “blood is thicker than water”. Now the revelation about GO’s dad adds a whole new meaning to why the stepmom keeps forgetting the father’s death anniversary. I just hope that GO doesn’t feel even more indebted to them because she certainly has been working nonstop to provide for them. I would think that should also be counted towards paying off her father’s debt.

Archived