[Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

0ly40

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ldy Gmerm @tas82 @UnniSarah loved your posts. I couldn’t watch yesterday’s episode because at this point I loathe Gye Ok’s step family so much and I was very annoyed by the preview of the stupid stepmom showing up at Buruna Noodles. However, really, does the idiotic behavior of the stepmom surprise us? She’s behaved like an airhead many times before. One would think that at her age she would have grown up by now. 

Unfortunately for us, no matter how much they grind Gye Ok down and hinder her path, Gye Ok stick to them like a desperate life line. Don’t expect Gye Ok to cut ties with them. In the preview for tomorrow’s episode it already shows Gye Ok over at their apartment and Seol Ak entering that apartment like he’s coming to apologize and help reconciliation. Then the greedy stepsister rushes off hurt for some reason or another, no doubt all calculated to get Gye Ok further involved with their stupidity. Let’s just resign ourselves that this stepfamily will continue to milk Gye Ok dry and make life burdensome for her. I don’t see that changing at all. 

I also agree that Min Joo should be divorced. She’s a real greedy piece of work. I don’t mind her taking lots of money but to scheme to steal the old man’s hard work is unforgivable and ungrateful of her. May she go back to live with her gambling and wretched father. Maybe then she could appreciate the kindness that her FIL showed her when he treated her well. 

I’m waiting for son #2 comeuppance too. I don’t know how all of them can fit in the family home though. Gye Ok had to give up the room to Han Ra so there are no rooms left even if Gye Ok and Ga On share a room and Seol Ak sleep with dad. What five people in Seol Ak’s room? Heh

I find it was sooo cute that SAk was upset and panicking that his younger brother fell for the same woman as him... LOL, and the relief he felt was just too cute..... !!! :joy:

Putting aside the annoying GO's step mom, I think SAk will figure out a way to let GO still stay with his family (providing that the lie has not  been told yet)..... I hope he will pull the line like GO need to pay back all the money and SY also need to return all the money and gifts she has been given or else SY will really go to jail.... I bet that would make GO's stepmom willingly let GO go back to the old man's house.... Oh, would love it if they made the step mom  sign agreement that SY and family are NOT allow to take anymore $$$ from GO since the money that were already been given were part of the 6 months salary taken in advance. SY need to return the car too.. I really hope this happens coz i can't stand SY getting free money from GO or SAk or the old man... 

Funny how the marital scheme is coming out bit by bit to so many people.  I wonder if they are getting the same explanation or a mixed up version... kind of like the game of gossip.

6 hours ago, RobinM said:

That house oddly small...old man has a room, little girl does, SA Does. They put GO in what was a storage? room. Where did the Other sons sleep when they lived there? 

GO was in the youngest's son room before he came home.  When they were kids it looks like 3 rooms for 4 boys, so SA and the youngest probably shared a room when they were kids.  Explains why SA has the most influence on the youngest son.

So finally watched today's episode and man as much as they tried to make us empathise with the step mom it just didn't ring true. So all of a sudden her well being means so much to you. It didn't matter when you though she was on an island out in the East sea slogging way as long as money was coming in. Ppsshh....GO should really go to Ulleungdo get some nice peace and quiet away from these monsters.  Cause from the preview that witch SY gonna bring her a game tears, tantrums, emotional manipulation and guilty tripping in tomorrow's episode or forgot at the dramatic running away exit...

Can they just come arrest her already:notsureifserious:

Good episode I could do without the  Overblown Victorian histrionics whenever stepmother and GO get emotional. Or just generally when Stepmom gets upset.I know it’s part and parcel of these types dramas but it’s more funny/annoying  than touching 

I’m just so annoyed with the way stepmom went into the people’s restaurant and started wrecking the place. I can’t stand her now. If she’s picking a fight why doesn’t she go to the house instead and make a stink. Don’t go to the people’s business and carry on like a crazy person. Then again, she treats her business the same with no sense of decorum when customers are around. In any case, Gye Ok enables them big time. I’m making the decision to stop feeling sorry for her no matter how her family bleeds her dry. It’s the only way I can watch her scenes with them without feeling extremely annoyed. 

Well you know..  Gye Ok is a huge enabler and she freely admits she allowed them to live off her and she knows it’s wrong. Yet here we are still doing it.  I can’t really feel bad for her.

Everyone we must all remember this is a family drama. In the end they will all be happy as much as they can. 

Gong Gye Ok 

Her problem is she doesn’t want to be an orphan until she gets her own family she isn’t ready to let go. In fact she doesn’t know how to be loved unconditionally.  This drama reminds me of this Drama. < - - Check it out. The FL in that drama had it worst. Her identity was stolen and toward the end of the drama the bio daughter finally understood what she did wrong but it was too late.  Since remembering the ending, I don’t think GO will cut ties but she will stop being the breadwinner and SY will finally get a job . A job she will not like and change somehow. Or it could have an ending like this Drama <- - Check this out. 

Spoiler

LOVE IN HEAVEN HAD  A PERFECT ENDING. FL was able to get rid of her adoptive family who was leaching from her. There is a bit of difference from Come Jang avoir, FL adoptive mom hated her until her life was threatened. I prefer ending like this because it is more realistic. 

GO’s mom is sure leeched off her. Treated her badly and spoile her bio daughter more. But now I truly believe she will change because she will now find out the truth.  From the subs, She mention “ HOW WILL SHE FACE HER SINS??” Do you guys know what sins is she talking about ??

I believe her character will mature and she will look at GO differently. She at least has a conscious unlike SY. SY believe she is a Rich daughter and that GO took it all. She has never likes GO and alway looked down on her. She actually feel that GO took all her mother’s love. SY is very delusional and greedy. Truth is she never really suffered because she too doesn’t know how to take care of herself. 

@Ldy Gmerm @RobinM @tas82 @Saja La @celebrianna

@UnniSarah, I guess the problem is that we cannot trust the stepmom. How many times has she acted like she had a conscience only to change to a different position a few minutes after scolding her daughter? Her convictions are wishy washy. For instance, she threatened her daughter not to ask Gye Ok for money for her superstitious shenanigan and then a bit later decided to lie and ask GO for money to fund the same shenanigan for her daughter. It wasn’t the first time such a thing happened either. I don’t think they sent back the  money to GO too. Anyway, ultimately the stepmom always gave in to her precious biological daughter.

For me to believe any change in her character, I have to see consistency. The fact is her daughter is a grown woman. What mother in their right mind allows the supposed younger daughter to support the older daughter by working like a slave from dawn til dusk to support that lazy older daughter? Gye Ok never had nice clothes and rest until she took on that fake marriage. Before that, all her money went into supporting the household and saving to buy the restaurant. Meanwhile, the older daughter made sure she had her nice clothes to wear while Gye Ok raised her son. This show needs a dose of reality and stop teaching grown folks that it’s okay to leech off of their family. That’s the message I get here. As long as it’s family, it’s okay to support their laziness and unwillingness to work. @tas82 @Ldy Gmerm 

Exactly @celebrianna it must be a culturally thing. Cause in pretty much every drama on some level there's this idea that immediate family are obligated to help and are liable to if he relatives mess up. I mean I'm all for helping each other out but the level of dependency is crazy. They basically use their family members as safety nets and for them to do what what ever the like no matter the consequences. Never mind that every time they jump and use the net the poor sucker holding it up get their shoulder winged out of its socket. The level of entitlement is mind boggling. 

Look even at Ae Ri's mom remember her telling her she should buy a house for her brother. Like who does that. Every time I see this in a drama it really irks me.. Especially when it the one where they have crazy debts and the brother or sister have to pay it off and give them allowance and pay for their schooling and all that RickRoll'D. The worst is the one paying usually isn't even well off, they usually slogging it out hard at a 9 til 9 job and not got much left to even treat themselves once they've given away most of their hard earned wages.

@tas82 it’s a Korean thing it seems. In Japanese drama and stories, working hard is a value that is cherished to function in society. I still can’t wrap my head around how is it okay for Wicked not to work and her mother allows Gye Ok to support them all. Her so-called Love is a huge joke. Nevertheless, Gye Ok is the one who gives them power over her. I just hope Seol Ak is not drawn into their nonsense. 

Preview

I wish Mr. Boo would ask Gye Ok’s stepmom to return the apartment and restaurant. The stepmom acts all high and mighty while shamelessly living in the apartment that Gye Ok paid for after she received $150,000 in advance. There are also conditions of performance built into the contract. I wonder if Mr. Boo will simply forget about the terms of the contract and that’s the end of the story regarding that.

What? I've been gone for a couple of eps and she's moved out. And all the old man can  think about is seeing those two together. And that other guy is still worrying about the toilet seat. Maybe she left it up when she cleaned the toilet. But we know what didn't happen.

:what!:

Archived