[Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

0ly40

17 hours ago, RobinM said:

Gye Ok better be weary of Con Chef. He is smart and evil...She realizes his identity And he finds out she could be in Danger. 

OHO dear Nephew does not want a sweet girl But A strong sassy one. Good for him!  

Yup. I am calling it. Geum Gang is about to get in serious financial trouble and thus bring him ,twit and the kids Back under Old mans thumb.Its about 

time for that 2 sons redemption arc to begin anyway. 

Agreed she needs to tread carefully. I found it convenient that 1st soon love showed back up at this time. Hope am wrong but when I saw the preview of chef on the phone 1st thing I thought was that he's spreading to his partner in crime b and she came to mind.

Sadly I think your correct he will loose everything and have to head back home cause he's used his apartment as surety. It boggles the mind as they mention he already lost another building add that plus their apartment and the cafe surely they've gotten all of their so called inheritance what the heck more do they want. L Greedy ungrateful likkle ........

So many aunties around and this is the first time someone had looked after and advise Ga On on her monthlies, that's so sad bless her. She was so sweet.  How can one house hold have so many useless people. Pops best be reflecting more that's all I can say cause if he doesn't he'll loose his one truly filial son. He spent all these years trying his damndest to make up much his "mistake" (teenage pregnancy) and make pops be proud. For the first time he finally finds someone he's in love with and pops tries to mess it up SA will leave. 

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what @UnniSarah sounds very possible. It’s possible that the chef and the first love were in it on the con and were just using both Min Joo and Baekdu. Thinking about it, it’s possible that because of this, Min Joo would admit her greed and hubris, Baekdu would admit his foolishness too, and probably both of them would try to go for a fresh start. Min Joo said that Gye Ok reminded her of herself, perhaps this would be the hole Gye Ok needed to get inside the couple and helped Min Joo also redeem herself.

@UnniSarah, I like that theory. Maybe the conman chef is the father of the sick kid too. :lol: Anyway, it would be interesting if they are accomplices. 

I see in the preview Seol Ak will have a conversation with Wicked. I hope he puts her in her place. Or, is that too much to ask. I hate the way Gye Ok grovels with Wicked. I don’t know why she still treats her like a big sister. I guess Gye Ok has no limits on how badly her step family can use her. Maybe the easy thing would be not to care how Gye Ok allows them to use her and threaten her, in the case of Wicked. 

Kocowa Translation:

Wicked: Are you saying we should be like strangers when we are in-laws?

SA: Yes

SA: I understand what you mean. 

Conman: Is there anyone among his children? You’re the one who should take over Buruna Noodles. 

MJ?: Someone is bothering me. 

GO: Am I a joke to you? I’m Gong Gye Ok. 

BD: I ruined your life, didn’t I?

BD: I was in a lot of pain because of you too. 

BD: I....

Two observations.... did something happen to the actor playing the missing son?  I noticed that his face was not shown as he was talking to his brother on the phone, so I wondered if that was just another actor pretending to be the missing son.

Also, when Mr. Boo coughed into the handkerchief,  that's often the "cue" to show some blood, especially when the kerchief is not exposed.  Haven't watched yet beyond ep. 55, so is there news about his condition?

Ep 58 w/Eng subs:

WHAT THE ???  -- After taking tons of ca$h and running out on his wife for a little R&R, Son1 walks away from his girlfriend and her sick kiddo?  He's just going to waltz back into his house as though nothing has happened?  He's definitely going to end-up living at home with his Dad, Dad's new wife, his two younger brothers and niece.  And he's going to learn to make SOUP!  

Chef is one slimy character, he is working with someone, but it sounded more like buddy-talk, not guy-girl talk.  Heroine is wise to him flipping from scam-talk to polite-talk.  

Son4 is loving the attention he's getting while nursing his injury.  All he ever wanted was attention and now his 'step-mom' and his dad are doting on him.  His dreams have been realized.  

Wicked stepsister is just plain WICKED.  Her X can't stand her, laughs at her to others.  Dying for the next episode when she encounters Son3.  

Son2 just signed away EVERYTHING.  He'll be back home in 30 days when the film producers have absconded with his $$$ and his payments are due.  Will he be crammed into one room with his wife and three kids?  Where will his mother-in-law sleep?  :D

Soon everyone will be back home and things will get even spicier. 

CrankyAunt hasn't given up on OldMan, she is sensing something fishy since OldMan isn't that into his young wife.  Again, need to liven-up the (fake) relationship between OldMan and Heroine.

Comment on the series: 

I liked the relationship between OldMan & Heroine earlier in the series, when they were plotting together.  It seems that he treats her as a subordinate now, rather than a partner.  They should hang-out together more.  Wasn't Heroine going to check-out D-in-Law2's cafe?  Wasn't she going to drop by someone's office?  Thought she was reviewing the sons' assets?    

27 minutes ago, watchumlots said:

I liked the relationship between OldMan & Heroine earlier in the series, when they were plotting together.  It seems that he treats her as a subordinate now, rather than a partner.  They should hang-out together more.  Wasn't Heroine going to check-out D-in-Law2's cafe?  Wasn't she going to drop by someone's office?  Thought she was reviewing the sons' assets? 

@watchumlots I never felt they were partners. I always felt GO was a subordinate. He always gave her orders, but she would execute his orders her way.

@celebrianna @tas82 @msmy @Mocharel 

Chingu's I wonder what did Han Ra tried to warn his brother about?? Hmmm He did catch them in odd situation, I can't wait for it to get weirder. This is why I lie this drama. All for the forbidden fruit that is dangled in front of Sul Ak everyday.

I am so worried about the progress between Ga On and GO may be ruined. 

How will Sul Ak deal with Wicked. Wicked had the audacity to tell Gong Gye Ok that her mother loved GO more than her actual bio daughter. That is so not true. That woman loves her bio daughter more than GO. Question guys Why is So Young last name the same as Gong Gye OK??? I just now noticed that??? Wicked is so vicious. I am glad she knows her sister wants something but why isn't she more guarded around her/ I love how she told her, SY scares her.

Wicked's mom now knows something is fishy but she refuses to ask her bio daughter. Instead she wants to question GO's friend. I am so happy that GO has a good friend like her. 

SOn #1 really confuses me. He runs away and spend all his time with SH but then all of the sudden. They break up, the timing is just wrong and I thought he loves this woman. How can they just break up like that. Although what she said is is true, will he really be happy with her son. Can she make him happy?? He seems the type who likes attention, when we all know the son is who needs the attention. THe son will always need attention and her attention will always be about her son.  I am quiet confused now. smh smh giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f5ac7551b44c764b2a

@UnniSarah, I believe the reason why Baek Do had to walk away now is because his brothers kept looking for him and in his last conversation with his brother he was told his father is waiting for him. He can’t run away forever. He needs to go back home to face the music. Perhaps the First Love realizes this too and decided to send him away. She said what she needed to say and I guess if Baek Doo really wants to stay with her, he should consider the responsibility of her sick son first and also go deal with his marriage situation. It looks like in today’s episode these matters will be touched upon since it seems he faces Min Joo and his father separately. 

I’m glad to see that Seol Ak is looking into the trademark for Buruna Noodles. That chef is an inveterate conman. Poor nephew. He’s the product of two scammers. I hope after all this is revealed about his parents that he will determine not to live like them, leeching off other people for money. 

I hope Seol Ak’s conversation with Wicked today is rewarding. I’m glad Gye Ok already told him about the stepsister finding out. She arrived just in time for Seol Ak to stop her. I wish somebody will tell her some hard words to hear.

I saw Seol Ak’s actor in currently airing drama shows, “She Knows Everything” and “Exemplary Detective”. Good to see he’s gaining experience in other drama shows.

@UnniSarah @watchumlots It seems the zoom in on the toilet does have significance. In the preview Baek Doo notices it’s up.

Kocowa Translation:

Mr. Boo: You fool.

Baek Doo: You’re right I am! You never approved of me. 
Min Joo: Let’s give up the soup recipe. You’re a good enough chef.

Con artist: Let’s not rush things.

Annoying aunt: Tell me what’s going on behind.

Old friend: Can you take it to your grave?

GG: Hello. Are you Ms. Gong Gye Ok’s mother? 

@celebrianna:  KDRAMA!!!  Really bad editing.  How many days have passed since that visit?   No pee-pees by our D-in-Law1 (in that bathroom) since Chef's visit?  Perhaps it's the guest bath?  It appeared that there is one bath in that apartment.  Oh well, it's Kdrama.  Let's roll-with-it.  At least her activities are being exposed.  

@watchumlots:lol: let’s assume they have two bathrooms. One in the master bedroom and one for guests. 

I added Kocowa’s translation of the preview. Min Joo telling the con man to forget about the soup recipe is futile. That con artist is probably after the recipe in the first place. Boy is she in for a rude awakening. I don’t know why Gye Ok let on that she suspected them but now they agreed to be careful and only meet during after hours and speak privately. Now it will be more challenging for their plot to be discovered.

I couldn’t agree more with Gang Geum on the point that his father sees him as a con artist and doesn’t trust him. Well, indeed he shouldn’t be trusted with too much money but the thought occurred to me that the chef is a bigger and more dangerous con artist and the father trusts him. He’s also in for more troubles. SA and GO getting together is far less troublesome. 

SA and Gye Ok are now both enabling the greediness and worthlessness of the stepsister. Now she can relax all day while getting paid off by Gye Ok on one hand and SA on the other hand. If only money came that easy in real life.

Hello everyone!
I've joined Soompi just to post here about this wonderful drama, I'm really hooked since I read about the plot and watched the 1st episode back in April.

I really really LOVE the OTP and their interactions! Though I know their relationship will develop slowly, I look forward for the short, cute, touching moments between them in every episode. The other thing I like in this drama is how Gye-Ok helps changing the Boo family members, especially Ga-On and Halla. She will eventually get to every single person there, even Minjoo.

After watching episodes 58-59, I'm actually worried about Halla. It will be very concerning if he confuses Gye-Ok's motherly attention and starts to like her as a woman. I feel it was hinted ever since episode 58, when she helped him wash his face and solved the issue with his ex-girlfriend, talking to her as his mother. At that day he wanted to tell Seroak something, and then regreted it and remained silenced. I believe it was about GO (but not about GO & SA). Episode 59 reinforced my suspicion, as there was a sequence of two scenes: Halla talking with Bo-Mi about liking motherly women, and when GO wiped his mouth like he's a child.

I want to be wrong about it, but if indeed Halla is starting to have a crush on GO, I hope it will pass sooner or later, and he sets his eyes on another woman.

About the preview, I think GO's mother finding out about the "marriage" is much less worse than the stupid auntie knowing that the marriage is fake. I hope nothing like this happens any time soon.

Right? Ha Ra is really a big kid and could easily get  infatuated with a kind caring not to mention very pretty Older Woman like GO. In fact with his history of falling prey to Cougars I say it’s almost assured. But his OTP Is the other girl. 

2 hours ago, Manora said:

After watching episodes 58-59, I'm actually worried about Halla. It will be very concerning if he confuses Gye-Ok's motherly attention and starts to like her as a woman. I feel it was hinted ever since episode 58, when she helped him wash his face and solved the issue with his ex-girlfriend, talking to her as his mother. At that day he wanted to tell Seroak something, and then regreted it and remained silenced. I believe it was about GO (but not about GO & SA). Episode 59 reinforced my suspicion, as there was a sequence of two scenes: Halla talking with Bo-Mi about liking motherly women, and when GO wiped his mouth like he's a child.

I want to be wrong about it, but if indeed Halla is starting to have a crush on GO, I hope it will pass sooner or later, and he sets his eyes on another woman.

Han Ra is silly. He doesn’t realize that Bomi also mothers him. She’s a blend of mothering and hitting on him. Even at work she’s helping him way more than she should and taking responsibility for him. It’s only today that I got the impression that he might actually develop a crush on Gye Ok. There are some places the heart shouldn’t go. Han Ra should know better that it’s unrealistic to crush of Gye Ok. In any case, if that’s where he’s headed, he’s in for a huge disappointment.

If the aunt finds out it will be the friend’s problem. It will be doubly annoying as well.

Only was watching up to episode 40 and I am ready to axe off stepsister Kong So-Young...she is a money grabber...a sponge that absorb anything in dollar sense of Kye-ok. Could not believe that KO is the one financially supporting SY son Jang-won... Cannot imagine SY is taking that as an entitlement... If she leaves her husband or her husband leaves her...why is she back to sponge off KO in everywhere? Yet when she opens her mouth...she talks like she is right and KO is wrong just because KO's father wasted the money of SY mother... and why is SY expecting KO to pay that debt? Once married off shouldn't SY be totally independent... Every time she appears...I want to axe her off...
it is so funny that this series...most of the female are irritating in their ways but common in one way which is "entitlement in money sense"
Am asking when is the last episode coming in...as I would want to see someone teaching SY a lesson that she will not be able to blame KO ... yet having watch her... am sure SY will cry to her mother then her mother will cry to KO...

Back to ep 40...finger crossing as i continue...

@celebrianna I hate female character that are fickle and childish. Sadly they do exist, but it is hard to change a 50 year old childish woman. They must be taken care of til the end because they don’t know how to take care of themselves. 
I think her attitude toward he real child change . SY will never change until Gong Gye Ok really cut ties. Where she has no other choice to be the breadwinner. Remember her attitude toward SA for taking the breadwinner of her household. She acted like his family was in the wrong for even taking her. Her attitude really disgust me. 

I really can't stand SY nor her mother. They have leached off GO for years playing the family card when they never truly took her for family. Then when they should have been supportive and realize how lucky they where to have her they hit her when she is down after the scamming and bring up some old business over her father messing up the money and insurance. In my opinion they kept her around to use her as she grows up to take care of them. In the end what did she do? GO made sure they had a shop to make a living and gave them a nice flat to live comfortably. So I can't understand why the stepmom is so interested in what she is doing or how she is making money? Why? They have lived very well on what she slaved for all these years without a concern. 

SY of course will never changed until she is made too. The stepmom is a piece of work. Not so long ago she was calling to lie to GO to get money from her. The only reason she gave it back is because she got busted in that lie. The woman keeps asking her daughter if she got money from GO, but where does SY have money enough to take her out shopping at a high end store or get a car? The woman knows her daughter so the only way is to get money from GO. 

Now we see in the end she is slapping her daughter for lying to her about what GO is doing and in the preview we see her going to that restaurant to create a scene. What gives her a right to go to someone else business and cause problems? They have lived well off of what GO has done to help them as they made her feel like an outsider before she left so why get mad now when she just should have gone to talk to GO quietly. Can they give back all GO did for them recently? NOPE! They can't even pay back anything as they would have no shop or flat to live in. So the purpose for acting mad when she truly never acted like a mom to GO boggles my mind. All she is going to do is cause a huge issue where GO will have to cut ties to them. She will say something to GO that she can't take back and GO will finally let go of them.  They never treated her like family or as daughter/sister. The only one to appreciate her is her nephew. Its time to break ties with them and let them fend for themselves. Maybe then they will appreciate that although GO was not blood she truly treated them as family and they were fortunate to have her take care of them for so long.

Now Mr. conman will know that GO is related to his ex wife. What will he do? Will he run , because once GO relates him to SY and her nephew and the sister knows its him she will be sending someone to find him for that back child support. No way will he want to get caught to pay that back when he has been running for so long to not be responsible. He will not want MJ to find out either so he will have to either fend off the ex wife or he will have to speed up his con which will get him busted.  I want MJ to get hit hard by her plotting and greed. Here she thinks this man likes her but his smirk to her in today's episode shows me he is conning her too. I can't wait for her to see the true face of this man. She married the 1st son for money well now she will learn this man was after her for the same thing.  

The second son needs a good lesson from this. Had he not gone to her family none of this would happen. Its going to come in him loosing everything from the scam and having to come back home to live under GO's thumb. He and his bratty wife and kids need to work a bit more instead of strutting around like peacocks thinking they are so much better. The greediness of the two makes me sick. Not worried about your brother but wanting to manage the building he had. Not thinking of his father but wanting to make sure he can get something while his brother was missing. 

Thank goodness the redemption arc for the 1st son is starting, but he needs to wake up and not give MJ anything to get out of that marriage. With what GO knows he has enough to be able to cleanly break on the grounds that they are not compatible anymore without giving her a branch or the soup recipe. Throw a bit of money to her for the 20 years they were married and let her go about her way. Unfortunately, I think we will not get a divorce from them as much as I want it to happen. (I do so want MJ gone from that family though.) 

Spot on @Ldy Gmerm

I came to say the same things! Like seriously she might have an ounce of care for GO but when all is said and done actions speak louder than words. She was ok letting her supposed daugther become the family scivvy for all these year. She allowed her bratty waster of biological daughter speak to her and treat her like RickRoll'D. Even after she broke ties with the family to go get hitched and came back with a sprog in tow she was welcomed back and allowed to continue being a pretentious useless mooch. Meanwhile she was ok with GO becoming Cinders and supporting not only her but her waster daughter and grandchild too. She can take her fake concern and stick it. I really hope someone drops some home truths on her. Tire seeing these types kumbaya-ing with the same people whose lives they've made miserable by the end of the drama. I really hope GO breaks away from them by the end but not holding my breathe.

Chef will have to ramp up the con. Mistakes will be made and things will be revealed. I too look forward to second son getting his comeuppance. The way he careless talks about his dad dying and his level of entitlement is maddening.

Archived