[Drama 2020] Unbelievable Inheritance, 기막힌 유산

0ly40

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, tas82 said:

Oh wow I thought she was over playing her hand before but today she really took the biscuit. It wasn't just her ridiculous request it was also the way she asked for it. Her tone was so rude and condescending. Her impatience and greed is making her drop her camouflage whilst still in enemy territory. There's no way by the end she still be married and be part of the family. Apart from the fact that I think she's cooked the books, so possible criminal activity starting jail time. Pops will realise his legacy wouldn't be safe with her around he'll want her gone. She's damaging her reputation she's spent all these years building so even when she realises her dream future with chef is nothing but a smokescreen it'll be too late. She won't be able to back track because no one will trust her for one and secondly they will realise brother is happy now like Ae Ri has already noticed. She'll also try to use moocher step sister's illegal actives to bind GO. Chef will probably bolt once his back child support is revealed. Can't see him sticking around and he'll take what they've already siphoned off the restaurant leave MJ up sh.. creek without a paddle.

This so much. It’s kinda funny now how Min Joo started from being the rational and level-headed one in the family to being absolute snake, even Ae Ri is looking better compared to her. I agree with Baek Du looking happier despite how he achieved that happiness, it didn’t send a pretty good message, but still, the first love lady seems like a sincerely nice person. I think tho if Baek Du wants to bring her into the family some of the family members wouldn’t accept her and her son right away due to the circumstances, but Gye Ok would be the first one to openly welcome and be warm towards her and maybe that’s how Gye Ok wins over Baek Du?

As for Min Joo since we still see the leech stepsis around she might figure out that Ae Ri’s been hanging around with her and discover that she’s selling fake goods, i can definitely see the scenario @tas82 said happening. When that happens it’ll definitely coincide with the husband seeing the stepsis and then the revelation that he was the ex-husband that bailed out of child support would come to light too. Min Joo’s last stand is coming up soon and when that happens she’ll be standing alone at the end of it.

There are usually a group of 5 to 7 people that post regularly. I've got to say, you all are pretty fantastic. I sometimes avoid the scheming people in dallies like watching the movie Jaws the sci-fi. Thanks to you, now I know what they're up to without hearing jaws a coming sound track.

@brooksmom haha my mom watches those kinds of drama before, i didn’t even pay much attention because of all the scheming and the salt level but i still felt my blood boiling from seeing the villains. I think the good part of this is that Min Joo is by far the closest we have to that kind of usual kdrama villains, and from the way things are looking she’s set to crash and burn in her schemes, that’s why it’s still bearable to watch in my case! Plus Mr. Bu is starting to turn around and he’ll definitely won’t sit idly and let Min Joo have her way, and neither will Seorak

Ep 52-53 w/Eng subs:

Ahhh, chingus, your comments were soooo tormenting - I had to watch!  Thank you....  :kiss_wink:

1) Trying to figure out the structure/path of this series.  We are at Ep 50-something and not resolving any conflicts, of which there are many:  father/sons, daughter-in-law1/son1, son3/daughter, son2/$$$, Heroine/leeches, etc.   Lots going on.  So I'm going to throw this out there and wait for the other opinions:  

Writer will solve one problem at-a-time rather than solve them all at-once, I think the first to be 'solved/resolved' will be Son1 and his soon-to-be x-wife.  Our Heroine will begin to win-over the sons, one-by-one, until they are all looking at their lives and their relationship with their father a bit differently. 

2)  Heroine 'break ties' with that leeching family?  Oh no, that ain't gonna happen.  Wicked was asking for Heroine's husband's name!  She wants to know if there is some $$$ for her!   Who lets a goose that lays gold eggs go free?   Does Wicked seem like the person to let any opportunity go by?

3)  Heroine tell OldMan about D-in-law1 and the Chef?  Oh yeah, she's gonna tell.  But first, she's gonna get the entire 411.  And then look-out D-in-law1, you gonna be begging for the land that was offered.  It does appear that D-in-law1 and Chef have been planning and scheming to scam OldMan.  

4)  BratKid... she's a brat and has an uneasy relationship with her father likely due to the lack of a 'respectable' age difference.  Appears that relationship will be repaired too.  Our Heroine... just by being hated and reviled she can make the world OK. 

5)  Son2 is going to lose it all.  Everything.  He has to start over to appreciate what he lost.  He's trying to takeover Son1's place and assume those expectations, but OldMan knows he is a wastrel.  

There are some major plot holes... WHY does Heroine not recognize Chef as her x-brother-in-law?  Maybe she was too young, it was likely at least 13 years ago since she saw him.  Chef has seen Wicked, how could he not recognize her?

My final picky-point:  D-in-law1's hair!  What is up with that mess?  HOW is that a good look?  She is supposed to be the eldest D-in-law of a well-to-do family, can't she afford a decent haircut/style?  She looks like a do-it-yourself-schlub from the low-rent district!  

Tomorrow!  Tomorrow!  It's Friday and we will have another cliffhanger.  

I can hardly wait!

@watchumlots I think we’re going to resolve the matter with first son/Baek Du and his wife soon, it feels like the writer is trying to resolve each brothers’ problems one by one and let them slowly, one at a time, start to root for Gye Ok. Halla/youngest son is the closest one to becoming friendly with Gye Ok atm and his arc is mostly about his growth as a person, once that’s wrapped up I feel that that’s when Min Joo/daughter in law 1’s schemings come to a close and the first son brings his mistress into the family, setting up for his bonding with Gye Ok.

@watchumlots, I didn’t get the impression that chef saw Wicked full on. It looked like he only saw her from an angle and it was briefly. It also must have been many years now since their divorce because it is said that Gye Ok raised the nephew. As far as Gye Ok not knowing the chef and vice versa, I suppose it’s possible if Wicked didn’t really keep in touch with Gye Ok whilst married. It could also be that Wicked and husband lived in a different city. It seems like he was recently away because his father was sick and it was in another part of the country, I believe. 

As to Wicked trying to find out who Gye Ok’s husband might be, we all know Mr. Boo isn’t stupid. He would put her in her place. In early episodes Mr. Boo’s friend had already told him that the whole neighborhood thought Gye Ok’s family was a nuisance. Seol Ak also told Gye Ok to let go of the rope that is her step family. He knows how they’ve been using her to their advantage. I think Seol Ak at least would try his best to defend her.

@UnniSarah, I was thrilled when Soo Min congratulated Gye Ok at cutting ties with the step family but we all know Gye Ok means temporarily. When she left the stepmother she told her to trust her and wait a bit longer. I personally would like to see Gye Ok cut ties with them permanently but Gye Ok still seem to want to go back and make amends after her assignment is over.

@celebrianna yes seeing how the mother was in the opening of the drama sitting to take a family picture it’s likely like common kdramas they’ll reconcile, but then again, it could be just for the opening. For the stepmom, as much as i dislike her, i understand Gye Ok must still feel like wanting a parent in her life, but who knows, maybe she’ll eventually find another parent in Mr. Bu instead. If the mother doesn’t change her ways i agree with everyone and think Gye Ok should just leave them and see how they fare without her lol

Ep 52-53:

@celebrianna:

I was thrilled when Soo Min congratulated Gye Ok at cutting ties with the step family but we all know Gye Ok means temporarily. When she left the stepmother she told her to trust her and wait a bit longer. I personally would like to see Gye Ok cut ties with them permanently but Gye Ok still seem to want to go back and make amends after her assignment is over.

AGREE!  Wicked was just talking trash, meaning to hurt Heroine.  Heroine meant what she said:  'Trust me and wait.'  She fully intends to return to her 'adopted family.'  She will only be able to get rid of them by marrying.  Even then, they will try to bleed her married family.  That is exactly what Wicked intends, that's why she is asking WHO Heroine married?  

@watchumlots thats definitely what that scummy witch is after, she’s definitely gonna get dollar signs in her eyes once she knows who Gye Ok is married to, even if Gye Ok ends up with Seorak, she’ll still hound Gye Ok because of Seorak’s status. Truly, that woman is the true parasite in Gye Ok’s life lol, she treats Gye Ok like trash and livestock not as a family member, no wonder even her son doesn’t like her

@watchumlots from her personality she's the type who wouldn't have kept in touch with family once married as in her eyes they would be an embarrassment. No money, no status, no high level education. She wouldn't want to be associated with them. She's oblivious to the fact that she too lacks those things. So a young GO could probably count on one hand the number of times she met her brother in law.

You're correct in that wicked would try get wringing out what ever she can if she finds out about the marriage but I agree with @celebrianna there's no way pops and SA would let that happen.

@UnniSarah yeah that was awesome Soo Mi is a ride or die type friend. I couldn't help but chuckle when she said it straight to the witches face. She's more family to GO that the moochers.

@Mocharel if at the end GO is still in contact with them hope is sparse. A visit at Seollal  only and  if they lucky a phone call at Chuseok. Unless they have major personality change ťhey're too toxic, SA and GO's kids don't need that kinda influence (yeah yeah getting way ahead of myself :D).

I'm just wondering where the fake handbag storyline is going. I know that it is a way for MJ to realize the Chef Aladdin is wicked stepsister's ex husband but besides that, could stepsister get into legal trouble over it? Wishful thinking that she'll be put behind bars in order to stop harassing our female lead. 

Hello everyone 

There was something that was really interesting that I forgot to mention.  Since the “supposed” breaking ties with the Gong Gye Ok. Jung Mi-Hee has not cleaned the house. It looked a mess and the mother didn’t go to work since the last episode. 
Soo Young is a lazy bum and her mom knows it. One day after breaking tie the house is a mess lol lol  She can’t even cook at all. She needs someone to cook for her. She even thinks GO should gratfull they raised her. Isn’t the other way around, they should be grateful she took care of them all these years. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29338e4e7c50f66ab7f1

Min Joo’s time is almost up. I think Min Joo has been running a long con with Mr Boo. Her plan was to inherit the noodles restaurant and that is why she stayed married for so long. She has hinted at this but telling GO she is just like her. MJ hasn’t been able to read GO that is why she is rushing her con with Chef Ha. Check the box  

Spoiler

Chef Ha isn't stupid, he at least knows Mr Boo couldn't possibly just turn a blind eye to love. lol 

M Boo Sul Ak has changed a lot. He comes home earlier, he likes to play alot and act like a teenager. His daughter gets see him more often. Since know Gong Gye Ok will be making small octopus he went home earlier. Made plans to hang out with his daughter and made her smile.  Look at how happy she is going to the escape room.

I think Ga On has always been mindful not to bother her father. So sad. 

@celebrianna @RobinM @heartslined @Mocharel  @brooksmom @dulceres  @msmy  and other readers what do you think. 

@tas82 lol! Agreed if i was Seorak i’d definitely wouldn’t want that kind of influence over my kids, he was right to tell Gye Ok to “cut the rope”. I kinda hope that Halla would be the one to snap it on Gye Ok or tell straight to wicked the parasite she truly was, the way Gye Ok scolded Halla in the past, it would do great to echo Halla’s growth and maybe a way for Halla to “get back” at Gye Ok too? Like she scolded him for being a parasite but she too housed and cared for a parasite herself. It would be a wake up call that Gye Ok needed. I’m with @heartslined hoping the scumbag of a stepsister gets removed out of the picture soon. Who knows? Maybe it’ll be Gye Ok’s nephew’s way of bonding with Ga On over sh*tty moms, and maybe the way for Ga On to grow too

@UnniSarah i agree! Seorak has changed a lot now he looks like he’s actually enjoying life for once, it’s really cute, he can joke around and smiles a lot more now, I hope the other brothers can be more like this too soon, fingers crossed

@heartslined:  Think the fake handbag story is going to find WICKED in jail!  She will get busted for selling fake designer goods and then her mother will ask Heroine to get her out of jail, PLEEEEASE??  And then we won't bother you again.  Help us just this once and you will be free of us.  

As D-in-law1 doesn't know that Chef is Wicked's x... things are going to get quite spicy.  

Feel sorry for Heroine, she will be terribly embarrassed by her family when she has to ask OldMan for $$$ to get Wicked out of jail.

Also, anyone notice the corner meat restaurant isn't doing so well?  

There are NEVER any people in that 3-seat restaurant, but every other scene they are chopping-up huge slabs of meat in the kitchen!

StepMother can't even say she makes great pickles as her claim to fame, she is less than zero. 

@UnniSarah @watchumlots @tas82 @Mocharel in her conversation with SA at the park, it’s clear that Gye Ok understood that her step family sucks her dry. By telling SA her story, at least we heard Gye Ok’s point of view about her family. Since she admits that she wish she didn’t encourage them to solely rely on her for support, there is hope that she wants to correct this fault. Hopefully that means that she will let go of the rope as SA advises her. It might take some time for her to get used to that way of thinking but it’s necessary for her to do.

@heartslined I also wondered if Min Joo would report the stepsister for selling fakes. The way she told Gye Ok that her sister sell fakes seem to have an underlying threat. Right now she’s pursuing stepsister to find Gye Ok’s weakness but how nice it will be when she finds out she stepped in quicksand when it’s revealed that she’s the ex-wife of her lover who also has his son.

@celebrianna yeah I hope so too otherwise her words to Halla would ring so hollow. I’m kinda glad that the writers decided on making Seorak privy to the truth quite early on, he’s pretty much the only pillar of support Gye Ok has left now, i would’ve lost my interest if they decided to go with the stereotypical “one step forward two steps backwards” story progression or let Seorak be in the pressuring team for like 20 more episodes LOL that’s why i’m stuck with this drama, it’s unlike the usual ones that were engendered to make your blood pressure rise, like My Heart’s Flower Rain, my mother cussed a lot because of that series lol

as for Min Joo i agree, it’s very likely her whole plan regarding the stepsis would backfire as soon as she discovered her lover was her ex, and if the chef makes a run for it Min Joo can kiss her perfect fairy tale ending to her schemes bye-bye

Did Wicked just find out that Gye Ok is Ae Ri’s mother in law?

Preview for Monday

Kocowa translation:

Wicked: How do I screw her over?

Wicked: Shall I go there and ruin everything for her?
Mr. Boo: What are you giggling about together?
SA: Dad seemed suspicious of us.

Han Ra: Enjoy your meal.

Girls: We will.

Chef: I’m always on your side, Min Joo.

Chef: (doorbell rings) It’s not Baek Doo, is it?
Ae Ri: Min Joo.
Gang Geum: You weren’t in bed, were you?

Min Joo: What brings you here this late?
Gang Geum: Is someone here?

@watchumlots ooo that's a good theory, I guess that would be like her final repayment of her father's debt to them. Hopefully it happens sooner than later, the writer still has so many stories to resolve: DIL 1 and Aladdin, HaRa and friend, Ga On and Nephew, SA and Ga On's bio mom (possibly) 

@celebrianna yes, she did seem very sinister when she mentioned the fake handbags to GO. The fact that she bought one bag definitely signals trouble 

Finally, GO's wicked stepsister knows the truth that GO is Ae Ri's mother in law. It was about time! Now things are going to get a lot more interesting (albeit annoying) with stepsister trying to squeeze  more money out of GO once she finds out that she is now the matriarch of a successful noodle franchise. And of course, questioning why she lied to her and stepmom. Hopefully that whole situation is resolved quickly so we don't need to hear or see that annoying leech of a woman. 

Seol Ak pretending to be mad at GO when Ga On was in the courtyard cracked me up. He was going so overboard and overcompensating. Like dude you can't hide your true feelings, much less from your daughter. I'm happy that Ga On showed some care for GO in a tsundere way though when GO almost let a pot boil over. I guess it came from seeing her dad accept GO? Although it was a little bit out of the blue, I'm glad she's slowly warming up to GO now. 

From the preview it seems like Aladdin couple might be discovered by Son 2 and DIL 2. I hope their evil plan, whatever it is gets foiled soon and they get their comeuppance. Also in breaking news lmao GO and SA can't hide their chemistry and attraction and Mr Boo is getting more and more suspicious. Can't wait for next week :)

Archived