Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

6 minutes ago, rukizie said:

They need to date each other so the other people who always put them on pedestal will realize how important they are. Dong Yoon and Jung Kyung need to learn more selfless. Lol. 

Hyun Ho will realize the lie that Jung Kyung said about she didn’t come for Jun Yong recital. Poor boy, he already suspects his GF’s feeling for his best friend.

Unfortunately I have a feeling though it will take the next 13 episodes for this love quintet to get resolved. And I think we need a couple more episodes for Song Ah and Joon Yong to start anything. In the end they're both struggling with their own problems, not just their unrequited love but also their problems as musicians. I would love to see them helping eachother and falling for eachother while doing so. :D

• Like 6
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some scene from the previous episode and from the preview mirror eachother.   Joon Young walking down alongside the palace grounds, smiling after asking Song Ah out. Joon Young wa

So... I watched the episode raw and the last scene touched me so much! I loved how Joon Young mirrored Song Ah. Like YES! And I loved Song Ah's speech as well.   Song Ah: "Träumerei. I thou

How to say goodbye to this drama? I haven't watched a lot of dramas this year. More than I did last year I believe but still not a lot and I definitely dropped a lot and those I finished I love, flaws

Posted Images

Beside being handsome Kim Min Jae have that deep voice also...but he's just a baby....huhhuhu

I stumble upon this drama because I am curious about KMJ next project as lead after Flower Crew. Honestly reading the synopsis does not invite my interest much. 

But now, I am excited waiting for what happen next between the OTP 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
1 minute ago, fieza1871 said:

Beside being handsome Kim Min Jae have that deep voice also...but he's just a baby....huhhuhu

I stumble upon this drama because I am curious about KMJ next project as lead after Flower Crew. Honestly reading the synopsis does not invite my interest much. 

YAY! :D Welcome to the thread! So happy the drama caught your interest as well!

:wow1:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
6 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Unfortunately I have a feeling though it will take the next 13 episodes for this love quintet to get resolved. And I think we need a couple more episodes for Song Ah and Joon Yong to start anything. In the end they're both struggling with their own problems, not just their unrequited love but also their problems as musicians. I would love to see them helping eachother and falling for eachother while doing so. :D

Falling for eachother for 13 episodes already made me pulling my hear. I hope the story will steady ready go unless they want to take the boring route. Since they already in friends term, can i have them talking in banmal ? Lol

5 minutes ago, fieza1871 said:

I know him since 20’s as Choi Ji Woo’s son in her drama. He is cute and well, if you’re handsome you’re my oppa. LOL

• Like 2
  • Love 1

OST part 2

english lyrics thank to kgasa

I’ve been waiting for you for a long time.
I’ve had a hard time with you for a long time.
Now. I’m going to confess you

I looke at from a distance
I got to see you closer like this.
I’ve been hoping for every moment.
My heart is full of you

I’m a little scared.
Just one more step
I’m afraid I’ll be that far away
The time I’ve been dreaming of came before me.
I don’t have the courage yet.

I really want to hug you
I want to hug you more.
I’ve been waiting for this.
Even I don’t know you.
Even Sometimes it hurts.
I’ll wait for you

When I see you, my heart aches again and again.
I don’t know if it’s love or not.
Sometimes I’m sad. No, I’m very lonely.
I’m always afraid of myself who dreams and wants to be alone.
I love you. Like this, I dream of you.
Tomorrow that I paint you, our memories inside of me,
Now look back at me. Listen to me.
I can’t stop thinking about you. I live like that forever in me.

You don’t have to tell me.
I’ve loved you.
Is it possible?
I’ll be with you if you don’t mind.
I’ll protect you forever.

I really want to hug you
I want to hug you more.
I’ve been waiting for this.
Even I don’t know you.
Even Sometimes it hurts.
I’ll wait for you

What I’ve been wanting to say thousands of times.
A confessed word
I love you more than anyone.
I’m coming to see you now.
My long-held love
I’ll confess. I’ll tell you.
Now

You don’t know me, but I know you.
Well, that’s enough.
In front of me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Okay... but... this...

1599491045.gif

15994910451.gif

1599491046.gif

Spoiler

1599491051.gif

15994910511.gif

15994910512.gif

Source: DCGall

Me:

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_pculnmH2Mc1ux5wcm_400.gifv

Look! I'm here for Joon Yong and Song Ah becoming friends and you know learning to love music and learning to accept their own abilities or realizing they're much more talented. But then this drama gives us this and I'm like "please give me the romance". I'm weak! :lol:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2

Watched episode 3 and it was even better than I expected, especially the last scene and everything leading to it.

Joon Yong played the Moonlight Sonata leading into Happy Birthday for Song Ah. :wub:

15994942961.gif

Spoiler

1599494296.gif

Source: DCGall, credit as labeled

Me right now:

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8dmo7f_ldUnSAYprGFk_

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

@Jillia, I know the feeling. Thanks so much for the gifs of that hug. :heart2beat:

They look so good together. I love that moment.

About the love triangle with Song Ah, was she seriously going to date her friend’s ex-boyfriend? That is so odd to me. I would think that she would have had to end her friendship with Min Sung. No doubt they would have both feel uncomfortable.

• Like 3

They only dated 100 days before breaking up. And it was over before her music studies. She is now in 4th year. So there shouldn't be a taboo right? Its not as if Min Seong gave any hints that she was still into him until now. 2020. So Song Ah wouldn't know that it wasn't a done thing.

I just started episode 1 and 2 yesterday. So I am still unclear how who is supposed to feel what towards each other. I can't even remember the 2nd female lead's name. Is it Jung Kyung? Vs Joon Yeong the male lead? I am not even sure she really likes him. Or suddently likes him. Or trying to escape her 2nd male lead. What's his name again?  Did she like him from long ago but he never expressed it therefore she went with Kyeon Ho? Sorry. I seem to have a mental block with the names in this drama except for Song Ah.

Either way I am in the mood for a slow burn romance. But are we watching the same drama? The male lead is being affected pretty fast by the female lead as I see it. Episode 4 looks promising.

See you all homorrow. I seemed to have picked up 3 slow burn romance suddenly. So it looks as if my heart will be aching dying for the next month. I am about to start a 4th slow burn romance this week as well. Is it the season for it or what man on tv? 2 OTPs in the 4 dramas have low soothing voices. Spoken in low slow soothing tones. Its making me feel so mellow and sleepy every time I watch it. I am using them as bedtime viewing. To relax me.

• Like 4

@ck1Oz, in my mind there’s no expiration date on dating a friend’s ex-boyfriend. It’s just plain weird to me. That’s why I say it’s more palatable to me, if it did happen, that the friendship was abandoned between Song Ah and Min Sung. I can only imagine the weirdness of a guy having intimate relations with two friends albeit at separate times. :blink:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

Its not as if Min Seong gave any hints that she was still into him until now. 2020.

Hm? Of course she did. They even talked about it. Min Seong was emotional that she can't forget him. Song Ah knows and that's one of the reasons why she hasn't done anything. And she doesn't want to destroy the friendship they all three have.

What surprised me was that Min Seong didn't know that Song Ah has feelings for him. I thought that's one reason why she is in agony but nope.

I love how commited the drama is to its themes and use of music. They are letting the music speak. Loved that scene when he plays the Mondscheinsonate to comfort her.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yes I noticed that in episode 1. But that's why I thought Song Ah didn't like him. That's why I was surprised that she actually cried over him in episode 3. Like she knew she liked him but didn't realized till Min Seong confirmed that she slept with him again?

@celebriannain real life 100 days is enough time for a couple to have slept together. But since this was a Kdrama didn't know if the writer will write a pure, chaste romance.

By the way I am not invested in Song Ah's one sided ( does she?) on this Yoon guy. I am just trying go figure out what level of feelings she has for him. The writer implies a lot and does not state the obvious. Like when the male lead switched from comforting her with a song she liked ( his emotions through music ), then switching to a birthday congratulatory song ( when she explicitly expresses she is not in the mood for it but he was still using music not words ) to getting out of his comfort zone; and verbal comfort then physical comfort. That's why I thought the writer has actually progressed the OTP love line extremely fast. We are still in episode 3. His default comfort mechanism is music.

And this is nothing to do with the drama. I was once reading about infidelity and cheating between BFF and their ex. Or with in- laws. BFFS are best friends for a reason. They usually have values in common. Of course there are opposite personalities etc and likes but at the basic level they see or must have certain values in common. Same with siblings. So then this was in relation to cheating and why it happens with spouses or their BFF partners. It was a very disturbing and icky read actually. But it makes some sort of sense right? Why the other party would find each other attractive or likable. So therefore... i didn't dismiss this. As this happens too often in real life. Song Ah calling for this Yoon- sajang.

I am stating this not to provoke a long discussion as unfortunately I don't have time these days for philosophical issues about ethics. So when something strikes me in a drama I go " ah, that's where the plot is going. " i am not sure if I am growing more accepting or rather more cynical as I grow older. I find nothing surprising these days in another human's actions. And there is no path left unwritten by a Kdrama writer. I am not sure if it is because of what is happening this year but I've come to think that everyone is inherently selfish. So therefore no taboo is taboo. If you know what I mean. So that is for real life.

For Kdrama purposes I still haven't worked out the level of attachment or expectation that Song Ah has towards Yoon- sajang. I was watching Cdrama idol fluff for a few months now because my brain was numb. But I must be in a mood again as I have suddenly plunged myself into 3 dramas dealing with personal ethics being challenged. Corruption. Abuse. And violence and being a passive witness to life including murder/crimes.

Lol. Sorry. I will stay out till I am more chirpy. I did enjoy the music. And spent quite a bit of time admiring Min Jae's ( the actor? ) masculine forearms and hands while playing the piano. You know... watching for a hand double. Hahaha.

• Like 4

@ck1Oz Great to see you here & I get what you are saying about wanting to know about FL feelings for CEO Yoon. Feelings and liking someone is messy and never easy.

@Jillia Thanks for the gif goodies !

Saw ep3 and enjoyed it it a lot especially in regards to our OTP.

-Seeing why SA go back to JY to sign her CD & her decision to hang out with him over MS. ( frankly I would have done the same. Seeing MS over drinks is easy but not with handsome JY. Also how their continued awkward interactions some one said before so natural. I agree not contrived or someone following someone waiting or stalking each other. The meeting at the traffic light was cute. Or sitting in the exact same row next to each other thanks to her mom’s friend. Wow nice!

- SA finding him for work at the palace as they wanting to ask him to play. It was great SA knew to find him despite his forgetting his call but like they are slowly getting comfortable with each other. Slow it may be. Or JY hiding that MS was with CEO Yoon. Or his observing SA and CEO Yoon looking panicked about SA knowing of his ‘guest.’

- Back story of JK and JY when she transferred and she saw him practice. He learned about her name and her moms fave piano piece. So his not performing Brahms is definitely personal.  We saw he did play it when he was younger.

- SA learning more about JY thanks to colleagues due to his family struggles and just taking time off. She is someone JY thinks of later while playing the piano after thinking of JK grandmothers inquiry of any person of interest to him. 

- JK boyfriend finding out JY fibbed not seeing her in NYC from SA boss. We know he will confront them next episode. The colleague being sure they will break up not get married. 

- SA finding out from MS that she slept with CEO Yoon who was cruel a lot their relationship and drunken ‘mistake.’ This definitely would put a damper on liking someone a bit. SA thought he said when drunk but to know he said it stone cold sober made it worse. I agree with MS that CEO Yoon didn’t need to handle it that way . Peoples hearts feel and prob he isn’t looking at her as she him. Being drunk and sleeping together . But to be so cruel prop to make her give up hope for reconciliation perhaps. Still dang it had to burn.

- SA finding out about MS and CEO Yoon. Then realizing JY knew what was going on. Good for her for letting him know NOT to make a fool than finding out then would have been better. When feeling music can be consoling - played SA face Moonlight Sonata and the transition to HBD was amazing and cute by JY. The fact he specifically said as a friend I am doing this to hug her - so sweet and yes loving their awareness of each other growing.  Also JK being spot on JY can’t speak well but expresses through music was shown in that scene. JY dropping off flowers to JK mom grave so thoughtful.

I enjoy our OTP and loving the music and slow burn. Excited for tomorrow! Holiday weekend ended so sad .

• Like 6

So far I love the pace of the romance. It seems realistic. 

But one thing that keeps getting to me is how inconsiderate both SA and JY friends are. Its like they are so busy in their own world and life that they neither see nor bother to notice their friend's emotions and feelings. Especially in the case of Min Seung and Hyeon Ho. Both claim to be good friends of SA and JY, but are so involved with their own feelings they don't bother ask about their friend's feelings at all. I mean how can a friend, on her best friend's birthday, tell her something like that. Whether SA likes Dong Yoon or not, its just insensitive. That was one of the happiest days of her year and it got rained on by her friend's romantic drama. Couldn't she have waited just one more day to tell SA about the incident?

Also its kinda hilarious that those who have experienced one sided love with their partner/ex-partner (im refering to Min Seung and Hyeon Ho) can't seem to notice the look SA and JY get when ever the 3 of them meet or they talk about one another. 

Anyway this is just my opinion. But i think inconsiderate friends are worse than harsh ones.

• Like 6
  • Jillia changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요? - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?
  • Admin locked and unlocked this topic