[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I understand JK now after watching thus far... She loved HH initially and she felt satisfaction dating him... she was the talented wealthy Princess, he was a talented Celloist (even thoug

Hello everyone!!! I would like to give a virtual group hug to this amazing family here. Though it might be a drama but it feels like we have gone through so much together  Really hoping to see our OTP

longer kiss for longer breakup at least         

@Sneha @sal2

I really relate to the struggle too , but I'll share what I understand slowly.. Hope it's of some help..

For the first scene, where they talk about JY dropping SA at her home, they said the connecting theme between episodes 11 and 12 seems to be meeting the parents unexpectedly..

Then they spoke about the significance of the umbrella.. I'm guessing they said something on the lines of instead of trying to give a gift JY would like SA gets him something he will need and can take comfort under? 

Then they contrasted the difference between the handkerchief and the Umbrella.. 

While the handkerchief is in some way JY trying to replace something from JK, the umbrella is in a sense a space only between SA and JY ..

They said they've grown closer now having met the parents and all and some other thing that I didn't get..

Not really sure how accurate the translation is .. but  I think I got the context right .. I'll try to figure out the rest of it tomorrow while waiting for proper subs ..

Heading to sleep now ..

Good night

:smile:

• Like 3
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 8

@Ameera Ali, as always, your gifs and their little anecdotes cracks me up. :lol:

1. Will SA follow the noble idiocy route?

No. SA has proven that she’s someone who endures even when there’s little support and constant discouragement from others. Right now she’s facing pressure from both her music career and her romance so I understand it’s difficult for her. However, so far we have seen that what ever bothers her is eventually discussed by our Dimples couple. I’m hoping that the same will happen here. I don’t expect SA to give up so easily on this love because of the opinion of others. She’s not a person who acts rashly either. She also prefers to get hurt rather than being kept in the dark so I expect that she will do the same for JY and tell him what’s going on with her and they will be able to honestly discuss their relationship and its impact on both of their lives. 

2. Do we need a time skip?

No, please no time skip unless it’s at the end of the drama when perhaps we get a glimpse into their future life. 

3. What will JY’s answer be to Director Na (JK’s Grandma) as shown in the preview?

I voted no answer. I guess I think he will give her a diplomatic response instead of a direct “No”.

• Like 8
  • Love 7

It's always bittersweet when such a good drama is coming to an end. You can't wait to know the ending but you don't want it to be over  :(.  I have enjoyed watching their bts more than others I've seen before. They're both actually very funny and playful. His smile just makes me melt! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 9

I am loving everyone’s thoughts on the choices for the poll! And loving the gifs and videos posted to help us keep the sweet moments! I went back to rewatch earlier episodes to take my bitter taste away from episode 12 haha. 

@Sneha @sal2: lol this is all of us when we watch something we really want to understand but just don’t:

84wf.gif

we try anyways right? Lol.

so..

I read on yt comments that some fans feel like this drama isn’t going anywhere. It’s true some dropped it to watch the end product instead. We are 12 episodes in and both SA/JY are still in the same place. Our main OTP can’t speak up or resolve their issues and it’s getting frustrating. My thought is that while I myself want SA and JY to speak up, i have to remember that both of these two are not used to speaking their minds upfront. They take a lot into consideration before speaking even at their own costs. I do want them to eventually develop a stronger backbone but with how all these people are annoying them to the point of annoying me, I understand why it’s hard for SA to speak up and why JY is struggling so much. Everyone is trying to mold them into their version of success (JY) or simply trying to degrade them into something less (SA) and trust me, i want to speak up for them instead.

And, I still want to do this to all the people that are annoying me because they can’t or will not mind their own dang business:

Me to the annoying people:

Noev.gif

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

@Ameera Ali love a the gifs! :D

@vangsweetie637 I did the same! Watch the earlier episodes until the first half of episode 12 only. Hahaha!  Still can't make myself watch the last part, will wait for this week's episodes.

A lot of people did drop the show after episode 12 out of frustration and they felt like the story is just going around in circles. But for me the writer is indeed being as realistic as possible. Because aren't we that frustrating one way or the other at one point in our lives as well? I mean sometimes we also tend to be indecisive or going around in circles in some of our choices in life. It does take courage to step out of our comfort zones or make those difficult decisions or even make that first step.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

See the above tweet for a partial translation of the latest news article. Source (?): http://mpop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202010111058331760041_1#a

Pic under spoiler as already posted by @rukizie above:

Spoiler

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20201011

On the bright side, from this angle it looks like there is a very thick line dividing them (both on the wall and the table leg at the bottom), so I hope this means a clean break and that we can move on to resolving the mountain of other problems. Some crumbs of happiness to help us tide over the angst in episode 13, please?

More umbrella gifs:

img.gif

img.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 2

I just wish he'd done this before on his own without basically being given an ultimatum. I'm kinda with HH on this one....what was he thinking even agreeing to be her accompaniment under the circumstances thinking they could do it as "just friends" and everyone be comfortable with it

• Like 10

Happy Sunday all!:heart:

@rukizie @Sky8lue much thanks  for sharing the  written text and stills..

@Ameera Ali Thanks for the GiFS love them !

-JY letting Go of the past..*about time*and start anew with his life and SA..

Regardless of their 15 year old friendship.. Its sad, this is necessary to happen.

-Just curious though if this convo happened after SA ask JY of where he is headed with JK in the taxi or before SA ask him.

OR before Director Na ask JY to stay beside JK still.

The preview  is at times misleading.

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh my the new stills actually have me nervous and excited all at the same time. 

@Dana T Yes, he should have done it sooner! However, I do remember he said he would help her as pianist PJY not her friend which is why we got the scene between Miss Entitled and her grandmother... uh you need to pay him. Problem is he drew a line, but it wasn't enough since Ms. Entitled is still pining for him and SA is very insecure. She thinks this could be a means to get him back...  JY values his friendship with HH to higher degree than JK.  Lastly, I think the author is trying to show that everybody is simply putting a band-aid on their problems which is why the repetition and frustrating episodes. Ep.12 was to give characters a much need shake-up (painful but needed). Lastly, change is not linear we improve and then go back to the same thing. The point is to keep trying...

• Like 15
  • Insightful 1
51 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Only 1 more day until episode 13, Brahms Friends! :D I'm so excited!

Even though the new stills got a gloomy feel to it.

The stills from last week were JY that smile so brightly but the episodes are (most of it) gloomy..can we hope the opposite too for tomorrow?.. stills are gloomy but the episode is sweet (even I doubt this :D)

I think ep.13 will be turning point for most characters (esp JY, SA and JK)

• Like 12

Kim Min Jae Experiences A Change And Confronts Park Ji Hyun In “Do You Like Brahms?”

953866be70044d6e9e34edd25eca07d5.jpeg?s=

Oct 11, 2020
by U. Kim

SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?” is heading towards its climax!

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a romance drama about classical musicians who are torn between their dream and the harshness of reality as they pursue their love of music. Kim Min Jae stars as world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young, while Park Eun Bin stars as Chae Song Ah, an aspiring violinist who enters the field later in life than her peers.

Spoilers

Park Joon Young, who was always used to suppressing his own emotions, began to change through Chae Song Ah. She filled up his empty heart, and for the first time, he began to think about his own feelings and want things for himself. However, the reality surrounding him continued to bring him down. His father who was always in debt, Na Moon Sook (Ye Soo Jung), the head of the foundation that sponsored him, and Na Moon Sook’s granddaughter Lee Jung Kyung (Park Ji Hyun) were all part of the problem. He was playing the piano for them and not for himself.

In the upcoming episode, Park Joon Young will let out the emotions he had been holding back and leave the past behind him.

New stills show Park Joon Young and Lee Jung Kyung sitting opposite each other. The atmosphere is quiet, as both are hesitant to speak first. Park Joon Young has a determined expression on his face as he looks at Lee Jung Kyung. Park Joon Young had accompanied Lee Jung Kyung on the piano out of complex emotions like sympathy and sorriness, but in this scene, he will be telling Lee Jung Kyung, “Let’s not see each other anymore.” His piano accompaniment was the last thing tying the two together, but due to a circumstance that has yet to be revealed, Park Joon Young will try to end the final connection between them.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1430826wpp/kim-min-jae-experiences-a-change-and-confronts-park-ji-hyun-in-do-you-like-brahms

• Like 15
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?
  • Admin locked and unlocked this topic