[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

@ck1Oz, in my mind there’s no expiration date on dating a friend’s ex-boyfriend. It’s just plain weird to me. That’s why I say it’s more palatable to me, if it did happen, that the friendship was abandoned between Song Ah and Min Sung. I can only imagine the weirdness of a guy having intimate relations with two friends albeit at separate times. :blink:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

Its not as if Min Seong gave any hints that she was still into him until now. 2020.

Hm? Of course she did. They even talked about it. Min Seong was emotional that she can't forget him. Song Ah knows and that's one of the reasons why she hasn't done anything. And she doesn't want to destroy the friendship they all three have.

What surprised me was that Min Seong didn't know that Song Ah has feelings for him. I thought that's one reason why she is in agony but nope.

I love how commited the drama is to its themes and use of music. They are letting the music speak. Loved that scene when he plays the Mondscheinsonate to comfort her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes I noticed that in episode 1. But that's why I thought Song Ah didn't like him. That's why I was surprised that she actually cried over him in episode 3. Like she knew she liked him but didn't realized till Min Seong confirmed that she slept with him again?

@celebriannain real life 100 days is enough time for a couple to have slept together. But since this was a Kdrama didn't know if the writer will write a pure, chaste romance.

By the way I am not invested in Song Ah's one sided ( does she?) on this Yoon guy. I am just trying go figure out what level of feelings she has for him. The writer implies a lot and does not state the obvious. Like when the male lead switched from comforting her with a song she liked ( his emotions through music ), then switching to a birthday congratulatory song ( when she explicitly expresses she is not in the mood for it but he was still using music not words ) to getting out of his comfort zone; and verbal comfort then physical comfort. That's why I thought the writer has actually progressed the OTP love line extremely fast. We are still in episode 3. His default comfort mechanism is music.

And this is nothing to do with the drama. I was once reading about infidelity and cheating between BFF and their ex. Or with in- laws. BFFS are best friends for a reason. They usually have values in common. Of course there are opposite personalities etc and likes but at the basic level they see or must have certain values in common. Same with siblings. So then this was in relation to cheating and why it happens with spouses or their BFF partners. It was a very disturbing and icky read actually. But it makes some sort of sense right? Why the other party would find each other attractive or likable. So therefore... i didn't dismiss this. As this happens too often in real life. Song Ah calling for this Yoon- sajang.

I am stating this not to provoke a long discussion as unfortunately I don't have time these days for philosophical issues about ethics. So when something strikes me in a drama I go " ah, that's where the plot is going. " i am not sure if I am growing more accepting or rather more cynical as I grow older. I find nothing surprising these days in another human's actions. And there is no path left unwritten by a Kdrama writer. I am not sure if it is because of what is happening this year but I've come to think that everyone is inherently selfish. So therefore no taboo is taboo. If you know what I mean. So that is for real life.

For Kdrama purposes I still haven't worked out the level of attachment or expectation that Song Ah has towards Yoon- sajang. I was watching Cdrama idol fluff for a few months now because my brain was numb. But I must be in a mood again as I have suddenly plunged myself into 3 dramas dealing with personal ethics being challenged. Corruption. Abuse. And violence and being a passive witness to life including murder/crimes.

Lol. Sorry. I will stay out till I am more chirpy. I did enjoy the music. And spent quite a bit of time admiring Min Jae's ( the actor? ) masculine forearms and hands while playing the piano. You know... watching for a hand double. Hahaha.

• Like 3

@ck1Oz Great to see you here & I get what you are saying about wanting to know about FL feelings for CEO Yoon. Feelings and liking someone is messy and never easy.

@Jillia Thanks for the gif goodies !

Saw ep3 and enjoyed it it a lot especially in regards to our OTP.

-Seeing why SA go back to JY to sign her CD & her decision to hang out with him over MS. ( frankly I would have done the same. Seeing MS over drinks is easy but not with handsome JY. Also how their continued awkward interactions some one said before so natural. I agree not contrived or someone following someone waiting or stalking each other. The meeting at the traffic light was cute. Or sitting in the exact same row next to each other thanks to her mom’s friend. Wow nice!

- SA finding him for work at the palace as they wanting to ask him to play. It was great SA knew to find him despite his forgetting his call but like they are slowly getting comfortable with each other. Slow it may be. Or JY hiding that MS was with CEO Yoon. Or his observing SA and CEO Yoon looking panicked about SA knowing of his ‘guest.’

- Back story of JK and JY when she transferred and she saw him practice. He learned about her name and her moms fave piano piece. So his not performing Brahms is definitely personal.  We saw he did play it when he was younger.

- SA learning more about JY thanks to colleagues due to his family struggles and just taking time off. She is someone JY thinks of later while playing the piano after thinking of JK grandmothers inquiry of any person of interest to him. 

- JK boyfriend finding out JY fibbed not seeing her in NYC from SA boss. We know he will confront them next episode. The colleague being sure they will break up not get married. 

- SA finding out from MS that she slept with CEO Yoon who was cruel a lot their relationship and drunken ‘mistake.’ This definitely would put a damper on liking someone a bit. SA thought he said when drunk but to know he said it stone cold sober made it worse. I agree with MS that CEO Yoon didn’t need to handle it that way . Peoples hearts feel and prob he isn’t looking at her as she him. Being drunk and sleeping together . But to be so cruel prop to make her give up hope for reconciliation perhaps. Still dang it had to burn.

- SA finding out about MS and CEO Yoon. Then realizing JY knew what was going on. Good for her for letting him know NOT to make a fool than finding out then would have been better. When feeling music can be consoling - played SA face Moonlight Sonata and the transition to HBD was amazing and cute by JY. The fact he specifically said as a friend I am doing this to hug her - so sweet and yes loving their awareness of each other growing.  Also JK being spot on JY can’t speak well but expresses through music was shown in that scene. JY dropping off flowers to JK mom grave so thoughtful.

I enjoy our OTP and loving the music and slow burn. Excited for tomorrow! Holiday weekend ended so sad .

• Like 5

So far I love the pace of the romance. It seems realistic. 

But one thing that keeps getting to me is how inconsiderate both SA and JY friends are. Its like they are so busy in their own world and life that they neither see nor bother to notice their friend's emotions and feelings. Especially in the case of Min Seung and Hyeon Ho. Both claim to be good friends of SA and JY, but are so involved with their own feelings they don't bother ask about their friend's feelings at all. I mean how can a friend, on her best friend's birthday, tell her something like that. Whether SA likes Dong Yoon or not, its just insensitive. That was one of the happiest days of her year and it got rained on by her friend's romantic drama. Couldn't she have waited just one more day to tell SA about the incident?

Also its kinda hilarious that those who have experienced one sided love with their partner/ex-partner (im refering to Min Seung and Hyeon Ho) can't seem to notice the look SA and JY get when ever the 3 of them meet or they talk about one another. 

Anyway this is just my opinion. But i think inconsiderate friends are worse than harsh ones.

• Like 5

OMG OMG

First of all

THE HUG IN THE END IS LOVELY. 

It didnt feel forced and it is what you do to help console someone in pain. Through music and hug.

And Jung kyung i guess is there too see the intercation and she will ofcourse do what second lead supposed to do in this situation later on.

Love the drama.hahahaha need more of their cute interaction lol

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

The next OST will be sung by EXO Chen. They will drop the song tonight at 6 pm wowwwwww.

Chen EXO - Your Moonlight ------>>> The title itself is already romantic. 

NISI20200908_0000596480_web.jpg?rnd=2020

NEW STILL FOR TONIGHT :D 

1599538159333916.jpg

A date ? Already ? LOLs

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

Obligatory disclaimer; English is not my first language and neither do I use it on daily basis other than reading materials that is in English. If my thoughts/sentences feel disjointed or anything, just kindly point it out. I will try my best to improve expressing myself next time I am posting here. Thank you.:)

Hi everyone. I just watched ep 3 and I am currently enjoying the story so far. I am in need of light drama but still relatable and not full of cringe-fest. My current drama list is full with much more serious/intense drama it is making me a bit fatigue. It is still just a little bit unfamiliar watching Park Eun Bin as Song Ah because I am used to her previously more upbeat and outspoken character. However, she made me loving Song Ah more as the story goes for now. I am about Song Ah's age and her feelings, train of thoughts and her course of action is so relatable (for now) that I can easily empathize with her. Kim Min Jae's Joon Young too made me feels for him. Someone that has no problem saying no to people that he is not emotionally connected to, but succumb when it involves people he cares about.

Both of the main characters share common ground that makes them instantly connected. They don't have to be told what each others are feeling, just quietly observing and low-key trying to protect/comfort each other. I don't really feel that Song Ah and Joon Young's relationship progressing too fast because it is obvious they need a companion that can comfort them and it is easier to connect with a person you just getting know because there is no preconceived expectation between them. Song Ah rightfully told off Joon Young not to concealed anything to protect her but she still lower her guard and accept the comfort that Joon Young gave her. I appreciate that Joon Young was forward enough to progress their relationship into much more comfortable area becoming friend rather then both of them feeling in limbo how to define their relationship. They both do not need another undefined/uncomfortable relationship.

As of now, I am staying for both main characters and I hope their story remain relatable until the end. Really looking forward to the rest of the episodes.:relieved:

Sidenote: I watched Running Man where four main leads guesting, and I live for the little moments between Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin.:wub:

• Like 8

When i saw joon kyung playing cd with label(date written) i think it was Cd’s joon young sent to her. I guess after his childhood promise to play Träumerei for her, so she won’t cry, he might have been sending her cd recorded him playing Träumerei. That is why she is so on spot for him being music comfort person not a verbal one. 

Edited by Ashidmaa Batsuuri
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1

waaaaaauuuwwww... i like this beautiful for my eye to see cast...soooo pretty and calm and nice people...

They seem like a magnet where they always found each other "anywhere"...sidewalk, airport, bookstore, palace park, concert hall, crossroad...kind of what i want my soulmate will meet me and say hello so i wont missed him...:gangnamstyle:HAHAHA

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

I'm not really happy with Choi Dae Hoon convincing Joon Yong to do the event with the interview... I think that's where the stills are from. I think it will be very uncomfortable and maybe we will get a chance for Song Ah to console him in the end. Or it all goes well, who knows, right? :D Definitely looking forward to episode 4 tonight.

Mannn.. I was so not happy when I saw him guilt-tripping Joon Young to do this. The fact that he's doing it for his own benefit, and not Joon Young, is a no no for me. I have a bad feeling about him... It feels like he's going to be using Joonyoung for his own benefit in the future episodes.. :( 

On the other hand, we'll be getting scenes between JY & SA because of him, so I'm happy about that. More scenes between these two shy musicians are always welcomed in my book. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@gracebkk @Jillia I also don’t like that CDH tried to guilt-trip Joon Young into committing an interview to sell his personal story. He did it underhandedly too because the manager didn’t agree with his pitch to have Joon Young do it. I hope that even if it happens there are consequences for CDH. People shouldn’t live their lives taking advantage of other people’s wounds like he wants to do. It’s obvious that he will get a perk from this action according to the conversation he had on his cell phone with another party. Also, the staff at the foundation seem to look down on Joon Young as an artist. I mean, do they really need to put down his ability every time? They’re so negative and gossipy. The manager and Song Ah are the only ones that act with propriety. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

Also, the fact that Joon Yong asked whether they could be friends but then quickly said "no, we have to be friends", so he can hug her. Like he can console with music but he can also console like this. And I actually liked that Jung Kyung was witnessing that.

Also, very warm welcome to everyone joining the thread, @ck1Oz, @kdramagrandma, @Ashidmaa Batsuuri, @slpamngtrs, @Fabbo, @adla and @schummy_lover! :D

I did not even remember that Jung Kyung was there until I read your post. Hopefully she would not turn into a typical 2nd lead territory, who will try her best hijacking the new budding relationship between Song Ah and Joon Young. She already starts noticing how Joon Young becoming closer to Song Ah. I mean, we got enough of that kind of character in the dramaland that I want her to be different. As of now, I wish all the characters' tangled relationship will be resolved gracefully without sacrificing their years of prior relationship. 

And thank you @Jillia for your warm welcome. :D

• Like 2

I think HH is starting to feel something between JY and JK. Will it ruin their friendship soon..?

SA narration at the end eps, was that sad. About she will remember that moment, she will continue to love although she's getting hurt again and again. I don't want a sad ending drama please. I dont need more heartbreaking dramas. Let JY and SA together. 

• Like 1

Can Jung Kyung be more clear about her feeling rather wasting Hyun Ho ? She better reject him rather than giving him a false hope. She basically made a misunderstanding on them. She took Hyun Ho’s ring as a agreement that she will marry him but she just threw the ring off but Song Ah found the ring in the sink.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1