[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

I enjoyed the first two episodes but I didn't really care for Song Ah that much.  I felt she was in the wrong when she asked to stay on stage after she was told to leave (although I agree the Maestro was meaner than he needed to be.). 

At this point my favorite character is Lee Jung-Kyung, although I am probably imagining a more tragic background for her than she will get.  I don't feel that she is leading JY on, I think she is in a situation where she doesn't know how to move forward without hurting someone she cares about.  In my mind she and JY were too shy too start dating when they met while Sung-Cheol was more outgoing and didn't hesitate.  JK had low self esteem and so even though she had feelings for JY she started dating SC.  We'll see..., I'm probably wrong.

I'd like to see a show where the main leads become friends and help each other find romantic happiness, just not with each other.

• Like 1

Kim Min Jae And Park Eun Bin Share A Dining Table Full Of Secrets In “Do You Like Brahms?”

68c1f01044b94b05a3170d6afe1dd924.jpeg?s=

Sep 6, 2020
by S. P

SBS’s new drama “Do You Like Brahms?” has revealed new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a romance drama about talented classical music students chasing love, happiness, and dreams. Kim Min Jae stars as world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young, while Park Eun Bin plays Chae Song Ah, a violinist who set out to pursue her love of music later in life than her peers.

Spoilers

Chae Song Ah secretly harbors feelings for Yoon Dong Yoon (Lee Yoo Jin), her friend since her college days. At the same time, Park Joon Young is also struggling with his feelings for Lee Jung Kyung (Park Ji Hyun), who happens to be the girlfriend of his friend Han Hyun Ho (Kim Sung Cheol).

The new stills are arousing viewers’ curiosity as they picture the five members of the two love triangles gathered together for a meal. While Chae Song Ah and Yoon Dong Yoon have smiles on their faces, Park Joon Young observes them with an unreadable expression, almost as if he knows of Chae Song Ah’s feelings for her friend. Meanwhile, Han Hyun Ho smiles slightly in the direction of Lee Jung Kyung.

Spoiler

Kim-Min-Jae-Park-Eun-Bin-Lee-Yoo-Jin-Par

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1423944wpp/kim-min-jae-and-park-eun-bin-share-a-dining-table-full-of-secrets-in-do-you-like-brahms

Do You Like Brahms: Episode 1

by dramallama

brahms-01-00104.jpg

The first youth music drama out of the gate, Do You Like Brahms, sets a soft romantic tone as we’re introduced to our music-loving characters. We meet our heroine as she seeks happiness through her love of violin, but her late discovery of this passion poses doubts about her future. She’s introduced to a music prodigy, who faces his own challenges with music, and we slowly learn about their overlapping struggles with friendship and love. And it has everything to do with Brahms.

Note: This is a first episode recap only.

EPISODE 1: “Träumerei: Dream”

brahms-01-00002.jpg

A group of friends surprise our heroine, CHAE SONG-AH (Park Eun-bin), with a cake to celebrate her admission to Seoryeong University’s School of Music. College friend KANG MIN-SUNG (Bae Da-bin) asks Song-ah for her reflections on being admitted to the music school at 26 years old after graduating from the business school, and another close college friend, YOON DONG-YOON (Lee Yoo-jin), interjects to take credit as Song-ah’s violin teacher. Min-sung asks if Song-ah is happy, and Song-ah smiles brightly as she nods.

Jumping to Song-ah as a fourth-year violin student, we see the first violins preparing backstage for the school’s 60th anniversary concert. The violinists complain about the inconvenience of getting to the famous Arts Center for the performance, having performed at the venue multiple times throughout their classical music training, but Song-ah confesses that this is her first time performing here. Unlike the younger students, Song-ah is nervously excited.

Spoiler

brahms-01-00011.jpg

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/do-you-like-brahms-episode-1/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kim Min Jae Comforts Park Eun Bin With A Touching Performance In “Do You Like Brahms?”

156945b134744cacb1d2b591b0cbe990.jpeg?s=

Sep 7, 2020
by S. Nam

SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?” released new stills of Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin!

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a romance drama about talented classical music students chasing love, happiness, and dreams. Kim Min Jae stars as world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young, while Park Eun Bin plays Chae Song Ah, a violinist who set out to pursue her love of music later in life than her peers.

Spoiler

From their first meeting, Chae Song Ah and Park Joon Young made viewers’ hearts flutter with their great chemistry. Although the two have different backgrounds, they got closer as they talked about music and Chae Song Ah became Park Joon Young’s page-turner.

The newly released stills depict Chae Song Ah trying her best to hold back her tears, hinting that she’s going through a difficult situation. The fact that she is upset and emotional is evident in her gaze and expression as she looks at Park Joon Young. In the midst of the serious atmosphere, Park Joon Young plays the piano for Chae Song Ah, raising curiosity about the situation.

Kim-Min-Jae-Park-Eun-Bin-7.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1424066wpp/kim-min-jae-comforts-park-eun-bin-with-a-touching-performance-in-do-you-like-brahms

15 hours ago, Jillia said:

Knetz spotted with their eagle eyes that Joon Yong did play Brahms when he was young.

I am not surprised. He probably liked Brahms. When he answered no to Song A`s question I think he had in mind the triangle love story of the real life protagonists. Maybe he felt a little like Brahms (with his unrequited love story) and he did not answer about the music. Just like he refused to play Schumann`s piece anymore. It became personal for him.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

KIM MIN JAE is soooo handsome!!!! Really when he is on screen there has to be something/someone more attractive to take my eyes off him- fortunately the chemistry between the leads is just on par so that makes the show doubly watchable. I started watching the show just to fill some time honestly but it's got me looking forward to Mondays. I am sure the chemistry and great acting will keep me hooked but also hoping the story remains engaging and not draggy. Also huge thank you @Jillia for the gifs!!!

• Like 6

This is so wrong for me watching a drama that still running whilst i already understood the agony of waiting for each episode :Furious:

but i like Eun Bin and Min Jae chemistry here. Their awkwardness made them get closer and those eyes. Min Jae did well with those gleaming eyes every time he looks at Song Ah. So heart fluterring   

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 1

53 minutes ago, Jillia said:

The new making of. :D HOLD ON a second! So Kim Min Jae actually plays the piano?! I have been wondering if that was the case...

What is the song he is playing on the piano at 1:30 in the video? Its so familiar but i can't quite place my finger on it!!!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!

@Jillia, I absolutely adored Kim Min Jae in Joseon Flower Agency. It’s the first time I saw him in a drama where he was the main lead. I saw him in other drama shows though like Goblin and The Best Hit. He’s definitely an actor whose shows I intend to watch after I fell for him in Joseon Flower Agency. I can’t wait to see more of him in this drama.

• Like 1

how long Min Sung and Dong Yoon hide their relationship ? Just tell her already. Poor Song Ah, she has a broken heart in her happy day.

Poor girl. In her happiest day in a year, in her birthday she had to endure her feeling aside only for being a good friend for Min Sung. And our ML saw everything and console her like he knew the feeling :(

she was crying in front of him :(

HE ASKED, WHAT ABOUT WE BECOMES FRIEND AND HE HUGS HER ARGHHHH MY EMOTIONS :')

for episode 4, their relationship will escalate quick lols. 

They already smitten on each other. He even got invitation for Song Ah's birthday party by her friend and yassss he even asked her to have lunch with him uwuuuuu

Jung Kyung is jelly over her and of course Dong Yoon also lols. 

Poor Hyun Ho, he asked Jung Kyung to marry him but she declined it as like he told her a joke.

Preview for episode 4 

I like Junyong said to her in the preview, I have to meet Song Ah. if i see you, i feel good :)

Isn't already a sign that he falls on her ? lol

• Like 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

14 minutes ago, Jillia said:

So but what does he want to say when he is saying in the preview: "Song Ah-ssi, we..."

Please what do you want to say, Joon Yong?!

They need to date each other so the other people who always put them on pedestal will realize how important they are. Dong Yoon and Jung Kyung need to learn more selfless. Lol. 

Hyun Ho will realize the lie that Jung Kyung said about she didn’t come for Jun Yong recital. Poor boy, he already suspects his GF’s feeling for his best friend. :Furious:

• Like 2

Beside being handsome Kim Min Jae have that deep voice also...but he's just a baby....huhhuhu

I stumble upon this drama because I am curious about KMJ next project as lead after Flower Crew. Honestly reading the synopsis does not invite my interest much. 

But now, I am excited waiting for what happen next between the OTP 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

6 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Unfortunately I have a feeling though it will take the next 13 episodes for this love quintet to get resolved. And I think we need a couple more episodes for Song Ah and Joon Yong to start anything. In the end they're both struggling with their own problems, not just their unrequited love but also their problems as musicians. I would love to see them helping eachother and falling for eachother while doing so. :D

Falling for eachother for 13 episodes already made me pulling my hear. I hope the story will steady ready go unless they want to take the boring route. Since they already in friends term, can i have them talking in banmal ? Lol

5 minutes ago, fieza1871 said:

Beside being handsome Kim Min Jae have that deep voice also...but he's just a baby....huhhuhu

I stumble upon this drama because I am curious about KMJ next project as lead after Flower Crew. Honestly reading the synopsis does not invite my interest much. 

But now, I am excited waiting for what happen next between the OTP 

I know him since 20’s as Choi Ji Woo’s son in her drama. He is cute and well, if you’re handsome you’re my oppa. LOL

• Like 2

OST part 2

english lyrics thank to kgasa

I’ve been waiting for you for a long time.
I’ve had a hard time with you for a long time.
Now. I’m going to confess you

I looke at from a distance
I got to see you closer like this.
I’ve been hoping for every moment.
My heart is full of you

I’m a little scared.
Just one more step
I’m afraid I’ll be that far away
The time I’ve been dreaming of came before me.
I don’t have the courage yet.

I really want to hug you
I want to hug you more.
I’ve been waiting for this.
Even I don’t know you.
Even Sometimes it hurts.
I’ll wait for you

When I see you, my heart aches again and again.
I don’t know if it’s love or not.
Sometimes I’m sad. No, I’m very lonely.
I’m always afraid of myself who dreams and wants to be alone.
I love you. Like this, I dream of you.
Tomorrow that I paint you, our memories inside of me,
Now look back at me. Listen to me.
I can’t stop thinking about you. I live like that forever in me.

You don’t have to tell me.
I’ve loved you.
Is it possible?
I’ll be with you if you don’t mind.
I’ll protect you forever.

I really want to hug you
I want to hug you more.
I’ve been waiting for this.
Even I don’t know you.
Even Sometimes it hurts.
I’ll wait for you

What I’ve been wanting to say thousands of times.
A confessed word
I love you more than anyone.
I’m coming to see you now.
My long-held love
I’ll confess. I’ll tell you.
Now

You don’t know me, but I know you.
Well, that’s enough.
In front of me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Jillia, I know the feeling. Thanks so much for the gifs of that hug. :heart2beat:

They look so good together. I love that moment.

About the love triangle with Song Ah, was she seriously going to date her friend’s ex-boyfriend? That is so odd to me. I would think that she would have had to end her friendship with Min Sung. No doubt they would have both feel uncomfortable.

• Like 2

They only dated 100 days before breaking up. And it was over before her music studies. She is now in 4th year. So there shouldn't be a taboo right? Its not as if Min Seong gave any hints that she was still into him until now. 2020. So Song Ah wouldn't know that it wasn't a done thing.

I just started episode 1 and 2 yesterday. So I am still unclear how who is supposed to feel what towards each other. I can't even remember the 2nd female lead's name. Is it Jung Kyung? Vs Joon Yeong the male lead? I am not even sure she really likes him. Or suddently likes him. Or trying to escape her 2nd male lead. What's his name again?  Did she like him from long ago but he never expressed it therefore she went with Kyeon Ho? Sorry. I seem to have a mental block with the names in this drama except for Song Ah.

Either way I am in the mood for a slow burn romance. But are we watching the same drama? The male lead is being affected pretty fast by the female lead as I see it. Episode 4 looks promising.

See you all homorrow. I seemed to have picked up 3 slow burn romance suddenly. So it looks as if my heart will be aching dying for the next month. I am about to start a 4th slow burn romance this week as well. Is it the season for it or what man on tv? 2 OTPs in the 4 dramas have low soothing voices. Spoken in low slow soothing tones. Its making me feel so mellow and sleepy every time I watch it. I am using them as bedtime viewing. To relax me.

• Like 3