Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some scene from the previous episode and from the preview mirror eachother.   Joon Young walking down alongside the palace grounds, smiling after asking Song Ah out. Joon Young wa

So... I watched the episode raw and the last scene touched me so much! I loved how Joon Young mirrored Song Ah. Like YES! And I loved Song Ah's speech as well.   Song Ah: "Träumerei. I thou

I think I understand JK now after watching thus far... She loved HH initially and she felt satisfaction dating him... she was the talented wealthy Princess, he was a talented Celloist (even thoug

Posted Images

Omg... :dizzy: Viki subs take so long.. they are killing me. I couldn’t wait and tried to cheat and watch on a not as legit site and barely 5 min in, an ad pops up, stopping the video!!! TT 

I guess I will have to be patient and wait then... but oh how I love the few minutes I saw~~ How SA told JY how she was upset and they talked things through. YAAAAS!!! Love me some communication. Hope they can continue to work things through together like this FIGHTING ~

Meanwhile I will be over here refreshing my Viki app huhu

• Like 7

OMG! Facepalm at me...

angry lilo and stitch GIF

Sometimes I'm so lost in translation during liverecaps and then I'm re-watching the episode and understand some things better. The post-kiss scene killed me but it makes sense for Song Ah to ask Joon Young to start with the important things first. kkkk :D I just love how these two actually TALK. I feel so blessed!

:fullofhearts:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Totally squeeing when she initiated the kiss, was not expecting tat from her..

What more, it's a good 2 seconds (I counted) muuuah.. added bonus, is the sound of the kiss was captured! 
:heart2beat:

I would totally be captivated by her if I'm JY, which I'm sure he was, looking at the way he returned the favour.

This is so real, some may say they just started dating, but for those who know, you know :phew:.. once you start kissing, then kissing is dating, you will want to kiss very very often (hear me drama!! keep being real).. reminds me of those good old days.. 

Another point that was so hot... the melting ice cream... I did some research, that level of meltiness would take about 10mins..tat's a very good and long makeout session (applauding our OTP)..

Edit well it's long if they did it for 10mins but they did not show me tt it's good (I think I thought it was good, for it was good in my imagination - sinking back into Gutterland)

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 7

I really wish Sungjae would disappear from the story or something ..

JY is having a hard time with his music as it is and Sungjae telling him his personal life is more marketable than his music should wouldn't be just offensive but in a way questions JYs calibre as an artist..

When watching the raw version, it seemed like Prof Yoo was saying how many people would make their lives by destroying JYs .. I really wish it resolves in a favorable way atleast in the end :headbang:

• Like 7

Just finished watching episode 9! 

My heart is still fluttering from all the swoon-worthy moments between our OTP; this was definitely a sweet episode (dolce is such a fitting title!). Joon Young and Song Ah's communication skills are so refreshing to see in kdrama land, and we see how mature they are with each other. Granted, there's still a lot of things they need to talk about, but what they have now is a large leap from who they are as individuals (the growth!). I'm especially loving the growth Joon Young has over the last nine episodes! In comparison to the flashbacks and his interactions with Hyeon Ho, Jung Kyung, and even Young In noona, he shows a totally different side to him when he is with Song Ah. He is more expressive, protective, assertive, and most important of all, he is happier! Song Ah's growth is also something we should be proud of. With Joon Young, she is able to make the first move (that confession!), and I'm sure there'll be plenty of things she'll be able to do in the future. I'm especially loving the little detail in the ice cream kiss - where Song Ah was the one who initiated the kiss between them. No matter how cute it was, the fact that she kissed first speaks volumes. Aside from that scene, I also applaud Joon Young for letting go of his handkerchief and asking Song Ah for one. It's such a small gesture but it has such a profound meaning, especially since Joon Young uses it for the piano.

Okay, sweet moments aside, I do hope that Joon Young is able to gain a different outlook on competitions after the Tchaikovsky competition. Let's face it, he needs to earn more money to be able to lessen the emotional burden he feels from being indebted to Jung Kyung and her family. I also feel that not partaking in competitions will be impractical for him at the moment. I hope he does stop in the future, but I wish that happens after he makes peace with participating in competitions. 

Professor Yoo is a toxic professor, but I was surprised at how kind and gentle he seemed at the interview with Director Na and Young In. It seems that he genuinely cared for Joon Young during the beginning. However, he let himself be reduced to what other people viewed him as - a fortunate professor made successful through Joon Young's talent (i.e. he is nothing without Joon Young). We can see that he himself is doing this to Joon Young - he reiterates that Joon Young is nothing without him. He let himself be consumed by the negativity of the people around him. He didn't stand up for himself. It's a sad situation, really. The only reason why I'm not that sad for him though is because he's making Joon Young depressed, which is a no-no. Leave Joon Young alone, please. 

We also have Song Ah's lazy professor. What's with all these bad professors, Seoryeong University? Haha. I hope Song Ah learns well from Jung Kyung instead. That may be one way she can be redeemed after all the havoc she's wreaked. One point though, I was a bit surprised that Jung Kyung was a bit toned down in this episode - no sharp words and no screaming. I do hope she heals. However, one thing I'm uncomfortable with is the piece she chose. Why choose Franck's Sonata as well? (What's good though is that Joon Young and Song Ah have already talked about this. Our couple really be a couple that is communicating well.)

I'm kinda sad for Hyeon Ho. Stop venting your anger on Joon Young, please? Get a grip. Joon Young's been good to you for 10 years. Do the same for him. Haha. 

Anyway, I'm excited for what will happen later! DYLB really is one of the best dramas to come out this year (where is my Hospital Playlist squad at? Haha!). The OSTs of DYLB are amazing. I can't wait for what they have in store for us in the remaining episodes! One thing I'm wishing for: no noble idiocy, please. 

• Like 9
  • Love 4

Hello everyone. 

Finally decided to unlurk after reading silently all these days :)

This drama is a gem. I have been a fan of Park Eun Bin since Hello my twenties and she never disappoints. A drama with classical music as a theme and a slow burn romance, well, what else can I ask for.

I don't have much to say as all the amazing people here have already analyzed little details better than I would be able to express. 

In last episode, what I noticed was JK's decision to play Franck sonata. I believe it is to show the contrast between her and SA. Two sentences said by her in consecutive episodes: When she asked SA to play confidently to convey the feel of composition to the audience.

Then yesterday all she could tell  JY was importance of pianist in the piece and how she cannot do anything on her own.

Stark opposite to how SA reacted when JY offered to accompany her.

Seems like SA is really going to tell JK about how to get that confidence :D

And at the end of the day isn't that what matters? Only being aware of something doesn't help, until you are willing to implement the same in your life. That's where SA shines, way more than any other character in the show.

I believe JY noticed this about her in their very first encounter. A woman so shy and yet confident to express what she felt in the moment, a woman who has courage to pursue her dreams, irrespective of what people say. May be he noticed in her a spark he lost somewhere while going through all the struggles. They complement each other so well. I really wish to see their journey of growth together.

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

@stella_512 hello!! I recently decided to unlurk as well— and I see a fellow Stella?? :coolshades:
I liked how you pointed out SA’s dual shy yet confident nature. I think that’s what really drew me to this drama. And you’re right, I think she will be the key in JY getting his spark back... or at least finding a spark in something else that he can love, if not piano performance. This drama is full of such warmth and I can’t wait to watch more of our couple!! :heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2
9 minutes ago, stellalafemme said:

@stella_512 hello!! I recently decided to unlurk as well— and I see a fellow Stella??
I liked how you pointed out SA’s dual shy yet confident nature. I think that’s what really drew me to this drama. And you’re right, I think she will be the key in JY getting his spark back... or at least finding a spark in something else that he can love, if not piano performance. This drama is full of such warmth and I can’t wait to watch more of our couple!! :heart:

Hello dearie :) I'm glad we decided to unlurk. We need an outlet to convey all the feels right? :lol:

Warmth, love and many more feelings I have no words to describe :wub: 

These 2 are very close to becoming my favorite k drama couple :heart:

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

The episode is kinda mean when you think about it. We get all these nice moments between Song Ah and her friend Min Sung, only to get that crash in the end of the episode. :( But I'm sure it's gonna be okay!

Still LOVE how Joon Young was like "It's not a rumor... Didn't you tell them we're dating?". :lol: He really knows how to fluster Song Ah.

Their conversation afterwards was interesting when they walk outside and Joon Young asks if she is doing anything and she says she will go to Kyunghoo Foundation to help out with the chamber orchestra. Girl, is doing her professor's work. If people who were students or work for professors don't know that kind of behavior. *sigh* We love them lazy professors.

:kitty:

And I still feel the uncomfortable feelings on Song Ah's part when Joon Young came by to listen to her practice. I feel you, Song Ah! I think she really realized he never heard her playing (though do we know for how long he was standing in front of the room just listening?). I think though he would love it no matter what. :D

Then the whole tension... I'm dying. We almost got the 2nd kiss right there. kkk

So sweet when Song Ah told Cha In Young about Joon Young and her dating. :D Same goes for Joon Young later. I love that she is really their biggest supporter! Plus Cha In Young was so touched that Joon Young who never opens up about anything told her about Song Ah. kkk And I thought it was important to hear that Joon Young really doesn't want to be a burden for anyone but Cha In Young told him to be different with Song Ah. To open up to her and not just show the good sides but also the bad sides! THANK YOU, Director Cha!

I found the comment by Cha In Young's co-worker... about how she is somewhat disappointed that Song Ah would take such a lead in the creation of the chamber orchestra when it's actually there to exploit students. Yikes! I wonder if Song Ah isn't completely aware of that fact. I mean I noticed she did the professor's work, even though she should focus on her exam but still... Professor Lee even told her to find a place for them to eat and to collect the money to pay for the dinner. Like what the actual!?  Song Ah... please, stop helping Professor Lee! She is just complementing you, so you keep helping her.

:fear:

I don't think it's smart of Park Sung Jae to run around, handing out his business card without even setting up the business officially yet. Since I think it might end up differently for him than he thinks. Especially since Joon Young is still discussing this with Chris.

As for Hyun Ho, I think it's going to be interesting seeing him join the chamber orchestra possibly. Although it was more interesting to see it confirmed that being rich is naturally a door-opener for people. And Hyun Ho's friends really thought because Hyun Ho is with Jung Kyung he only needs to ask her professor to get a job somewhere. Man, this must feel terrible.

And then there is Jung Kyung who is simply bored by the work of the foundation but her grandmother still wants her to run it. YIKES! Grandmother is also SAVAGE towards Jung Kyung's father. It must be like walking on eggshells living in that house. No wonder he is away so often. :(

Jung Kyung is really something else though. Choosing the Franck's Sonata for her own exam........ is this her way of getting back at Song Ah? Playing the piece better than her? Wanting to compete with her?

vlcsnap-2020-09-29-09h43m15s095.png

It's good we got a glimpse of Professor Yoo's past. That he was coming from a no influential background and was chosen for Joon Young's benefit, not necessarily his own. But apparently his success depends on Joon Young. So he came with a good mindset to work with Joon Young but became more and more frustrated by the fact he is judged through Joon Young's success, not his own. And Park Sung Jae however from the beginning only got his own career on his mind he could built through Joon Young. So in that regard Park Sung Jae is somewhat smart and doesn't wear rose-tinted glasses like Professor Yoo did back then.

I noticed that Joon Young really doesn't want to talk much about what he is playing or how things go with Professor Yoo. :( And since Professor Yoo taught him since he was young he has no way to compare him with anyone (maybe that would be an option though?). And Song Ah just wanted to complain about her own professor. I think Joon Young should really learn it's okay to not say everything is okay in front of Song Ah. And it doesn't really matter that Professor Yoo struggles as well, he is still dragging Joon Young down emotionally. That flashback to pre-Chopin competition to post-Chopin competition in 2013 HURT but it was important to see him why he wanted to leave Korea and Professor Yoo so quickly. To see him sitting there getting a panic attack (I guess) and then taking the pill (but contemplating taking MORE pills.... :(). Someone needs to hug him. The only emotional constant in his life who actually cares about him since back then was always Cha In Young. Please never become like that again, Joon Young!

I'm really looking forward to episode 10 tonight! :D

YAY! Even more people un-lurking - welcome, @stella_512!

:waves:

• Like 7
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, debbsthebee said:

Hi everyone, just started watching the show and it warms the cockles of my heart seeing uri dimples couple together!! :love: I cannot get enough of the awkward sweetness between them both

Hullo fellow Singaporean! :hooray2:

Glad this drama is warming the cockles of your heart, as it has done to mine! LOL 

You won't regret watching this :) 

(to the rest from other parts of the world, it's a "private joke";  "...warms the cockles of our heart..." was a line said by an up-and-coming politician in the 2020 General Elections and suffice to say, that line has gone viral amongst us Singaporeans.)

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just like @Jillia, I am so happy to see so many people unlurk too!! I am so glad that as the drama goes on, more people are coming by to join us here!!

Welcome!!!

:happydance:

1 hour ago, stellalafemme said:

Omg... :dizzy: Viki subs take so long.. they are killing me. I couldn’t wait and tried to cheat and watch on a not as legit site and barely 5 min in, an ad pops up, stopping the video!!! TT 

I guess I will have to be patient and wait then... but oh how I love the few minutes I saw~~ How SA told JY how she was upset and they talked things through. YAAAAS!!! Love me some communication. Hope they can continue to work things through together like this FIGHTING ~

Meanwhile I will be over here refreshing my Viki app huhu

i had the same problem! I wanted to watch the episode so badly but I usually get to do so at night when the kids are asleep. But those dang ads kept popping out and taking me right out of the screen too lol. I checked viki earlier and only 29% subbed. Lol. So I was like “fine, i will wait.” 

I got to the part where JK announces she is playing Frank’s sonata and I am like “why in the heck world is she playing the same song as SA? She couldn’t choose her own??” :kicks: I already smell trouble again from her. 

its 1:30 am so I will have to wait until later to give my full thoughts on both episodes and to also reply  to you guys. I haven’t fully backtracked. My eyes are half open and I want to make it to the live party again haha

@Jillia @rukizie @heartoppaya @annamchoi @gracebkk you guys know the drill for me. Tag me when the “dramatics” happen if I am late to the watch party :lol:

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Wiggle 1

Goodnight, @vangsweetie637! :D And of course I'm gonna tag you if something "dramatic" happens. kkk

:dorakiss:

For anyone curious, this is the piece Joon Young was practicing for the Tchaikovksy Competition. It's actually a monster piano piece to play in my opinion. Just watch a live performance and you know what I mean.

It's 10 Preludes, Op.23 - No 5. in G-Minor "Alla marcia" by Rachmaninoff.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

The best part of this episode for me was the handkerchief scene (of course other than the kiss scene :wub:). When he said he also has many handkerchiefs in his home but he wants SA's I was squealing. Instead of putting JK's things in the drawer he should throw them away. I am afraid he will one day open it because of HH or noble idiosy. Don't know why but I feel there will definitely be some noble idiosy from JY's part, SA is too sensible for this. I love this quality of her she may seem weak but she is actually quite strong than others.

• Like 5
  • Love 4

@vangsweetie637 YAS someone to feel my pain. I wanna watch so bad!!! Just checked and welllllp we are still only at 48% subbed on Viki :onfirex:

Oh how I wish this was on Netflix so I could watch it fully subbed in an hour. So impatient and wanna see uri sweet dimple couple... huhu

@stella_512 this drama brings out so many feels!!! I haven’t felt this invested in a couple in a long time. If they’re happy, I’m happy. If they’re sad, I’m about to cry. Maybe I’m going crazy but in for the ride ~~ 

@Jillia thanks for sharing the video! now I really can’t wait for JY to kill it with that piece. It still blows my mind that Kim Min Jae has been playing a good amount of the piano music in this drama. He is really the full package :happyshakes:

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Ugh.... the OST is gorgeous! I love it! Gummy is always a guarantee for good music. I love it so much!

:omg:

Also loved Joon Young's way of being jealous. kkk "Complementing another man in front of me." :lol: I actually like how understated it is and not overdramatic. It's their way of dealing with it and no reason to fight over. 

1601352631.gif

Source: DCGall, credit as labeled

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 4
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?
  • Admin locked and unlocked this topic