[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

Oo.. @annamchoi @trisail that black and white picture of the kiss is beautiful! And from a different angle too. And it does look like SA has a tear. Will we be seeing the kiss scene again in the opening next week??

:omg:

edit:

@Jillia Yup! If her dad didn’t stop her, I believe she would have said something to her sister. I think SA will eventually step up and voice how she feels when people look down on her. I don’t need her to voice her opinion harshly but it would be nice to see her calmness crack open because she has to release her emotions too.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, emmafaye said:

You haven't watched "My Ajusshi"? I don't think there is a sexier voice in dramaland, than Lee Sun kyung's... 

But if you are young, I have to agree... Kim Min jae's will be the deal. 

Still, I recommend you to watch my Ajusshi... just, not now... because it is a drama with a darker mood. 

Greetings! 

I wouldn’t be calling myself young. Is 28 young? But nope I haven’t watched My Ahjussi. But I do know about Lee Sun Kyung. His voice is too deep for my taste. Kim Min Jae’s on the other hand is right down my lane.

:evilelmo:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Seems like we’re going to see angry HH next week... If he’s mad because JY & SA got together, I’ll be very disappointed with our cellist boy... 

The full interview with the writer. It’s a very good interview btw. i think if they were really to make a director’s cut dvd, it’d be worth it since it seems like they’ve deleted quite a bit of things. (there are 3 more parts under spoiler. I’ll just be placing my favourite part of the interview before it (part 4)). 

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Because I cannot be a 'rainbow filled with honey' puddle forever, I had to stop watching THE KISS every now and then, so I watch their BTS and I end up understanding JOKER.. there is a pain to holding a grin so wide for so long. 

Not only are their characters awkward n shy, in their BTS, they are also awkward n shy... why so cute??? 

Now I'm scared, is there death by sweetness? Will I be able to survive when and if they released BTS of THE KISS? :heart2beat:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2

Shouldn't HH be happy that his friend and ex gf are not dating each other? I think if a person's girlfriend breaks up with him to date his best friend he would be upset. JY always kept his feelings to himself and even though JK had lied she later told him the truth. He himself said goodbye to her so why is he getting angry now? Maybe he loves JK too much that he wants her to be happy even if it's with JK or maybe he is angry that after breaking up with him and destroying their friendship they are not even dating each other.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@gracebkk maybe "the news about them two" refer to JY that will be pianist of JK in her recital? So he get more misunderstand that there's really something between them

But it could be like what @-Love Blossom-Blossom-Blossom-Blossom-said that HH love JK overly too much that he didn't want her to be hurt by JY (cause JK said she love JY when they argue)..

HH and JY really have to have proper conversation and stop avoiding talking about it (JY tried to call HH though he didn't pick up) or their friendship would never mend

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

18 minutes ago, -Love Blossom- said:

Shouldn't HH be happy that his friend and ex gf are not dating each other? I think if a person's girlfriend breaks up with him to date his best friend he would be upset. JY always kept his feelings to himself and even though JK had lied she later told him the truth. He himself said goodbye to her so why is he getting angry now? Maybe he loves JK too much that he wants her to be happy even if it's with JK or maybe he is angry that after breaking up with him and destroying their friendship they are not even dating each other.

exactly! Unless he thinks JY is cheating on JK because she admitted to liking JY and JY didn’t deny it either when HH asked.

AfraidAnguishedFirebelliedtoad-small.gif

@ahbling hahaha, i am still waiting for the kiss BTS but knowing SBS..we may not get it..:huh:

• Like 4

Since the text previews are always misleading/ambivalent, I'm guessing that HH's anger might be directed at JY agreeing to be JK's accompanist, rather than the JY-SA dating news. It actually makes more sense for JY to dissociate himself from JK at least for the time being, taking into account his friendship with HH and his relationship with SA (even before his confession). Just like SA's instinctive reaction, HH would probably respond negatively to JY's decision to help JK "as a friend". But we all know that JY still feels hugely indebted to JK and her family. It's a heavy burden that he still carries with him, like that black handkerchief from JK...

Thank you for all the insightful contextual translations of JY's lines during the confession scene. One of the biggest gripes I have with translations (esp. official translations from legit streaming sites) is the insufficient attention to nuances. (Shouldn't legit streaming sites provide better subtitles than fan subs. After all they collect subscription fees...).

EivNslmUcAImL5Z?format=jpg&name=large

That teardrop.  I wonder if this was written into the script or if PEB got emotional filming that scene so the tears naturally flowed. Her eyes were already welling up with tears before JY completed his confession. I hope episode 9 continues where episode 8 left off, so that we can see their mutual reaction after their kiss. Too many k-dramas abruptly end climactic kiss scenes by fading into black or doing a mini time-skip and crossing to a different scene.

JY still owes SA an apology.  JY, you are not automatically forgiven because you pulled off an epic confession kiss (henceforth known as The Piano Kiss). Like some of you, I thought he was unduly harsh towards SA during their heartbreaking conversation at the bench (to match their darkening moods, they were both dressed in black, reminiscent of mourning attire...) and his prelude to the confession was totally frustrating. I understood where he was coming from, but I wish he had the presence of mind to do it differently. Consulting SA before deciding whether to be JK's accompanist, rather than seeking her understanding for a decision that he already made, would have been so much more progressive. I know JY hasn't fully opened up to SA, and they were not in a relationship yet (pre-confession), but JY truly needs to learn how to communicate his feelings to SA.

To everyone who's been waiting for The Piano Kiss BTS, SBS usually drops the second BTS on Sunday/Monday morning, so hang in there!

• Like 9

Bae Da Bin Happily Celebrates Park Eun Bin’s Blossoming Relationship With Kim Min Jae In “Do You Like Brahms?”

Spoiler

In the last episode, Chae Song Ah promised to wait for Park Joon Young, but the more her feelings grew for him, the more she grew anxious about their relationship. She became conscious about their differences because he’s a renowned prodigy while she’s a late bloomer in the music world. Park Joon Young realized Chae Song Ah was growing further away from him and confessed he liked her. Finally, they opened up their feelings to each other and sealed their new relationship with a sweet kiss.

On September 25, the drama unveiled new stills of Chae Song Ah and Park Joon Young meeting with Kang Min Jung.

kim-min-jae-park-eun-bin1.jpg

kim-min-jae1.jpg

Chae Song Ah shyly tells Kang Min Jung about being in a relationship with Park Joon Young, and Kang Min Jung happily gives her full blessing to the new couple. Kang Min Jung gives her a tight, supportive hug, and Chae Song Ah beams blissfully in her embrace. park-eun-bin-bae-da-bin-1.jpg

Spoiler

park-eun-bin-bae-da-bin1.jpg

However, their happiness may be short-lived due to several complicated matters. First off, Yoon Dong Yoon (Lee Yoo Jin), Chae Song Ah’s unrequited love, suddenly confessed to her, which may hurt her relationship with Kang Min Jung. On top of that, Han Hyun Ho (Kim Sung Cheol) and Lee Jung Kyung (Park Ji Hyun) will increase the tension in the drama with their unpredictable jealousy.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1427647wpp/bae-da-bin-happily-celebrates-park-eun-bins-blossoming-relationship-with-kim-min-jae-in-do-you-like-brahms

5 hours ago, Sky8lue said:

That teardrop.  I wonder if this was written into the script or if PEB got emotional filming that scene so the tears naturally flowed. Her eyes were already welling up with tears before JY completed his confession. I hope episode 9 continues where episode 8 left off, so that we can see their mutual reaction after their kiss. Too many k-dramas abruptly end climactic kiss scenes by fading into black or doing a mini time-skip and crossing to a different scene.

Sorry to cut your post

I agree. It happen on previous episodes..I wonder too how they will act around each now after the kiss..or at least JY will properly why he decided to accompany JK, not only it will make SA uneasy but HH too (I hope he not forget about HH when he make that decision)..

Edited by MinLyn
Please do not quote pics. Please also put more than 3 pics in spoiler tags. Thanks.
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@gracebkk wait..hold up. You mean to say even after JY told HH that what JK said about them sleeping together wasn’t true and even after JK admitted herself she lied, he is going to get angry at JY because he is together with SA and not JK?

Boy..don’t make me do this to you too:

Apparently, according to Soompi:

"However, their happiness may be short-lived due to several complicated matters. First off, Yoon Dong Yoon (Lee Yoo Jin), Chae Song Ah’s unrequited love, suddenly confessed to her, which may hurt her relationship with Kang Min Jung. On top of that, Han Hyun Ho (Kim Sung Cheol) and Lee Jung Kyung (Park Ji Hyun) will increase the tension in the drama with their unpredictable jealousy."

https://www.soompi.com/article/1427647wpp/bae-da-bin-happily-celebrates-park-eun-bins-blossoming-relationship-with-kim-min-jae-in-do-you-like-brahms

Now.. My question is.. Why is HH still being jealous?! Didn't that guy break up with JK? Mannn... People around JY & SA really can't give them a break eh? :headbang:

1 hour ago, Just_Me said:

@gracebkk maybe "the news about them two" refer to JY that will be pianist of JK in her recital? So he get more misunderstand that there's really something between them

But it could be like what @-Love Blossom-Blossom-Blossom-Blossom-said that HH love JK overly too much that he didn't want her to be hurt by JY (cause JK said she love JY when they argue)..

HH and JY really have to have proper conversation and stop avoiding talking about it (JY tried to call HH though he didn't pick up) or their friendship would never mend

Gosh... This cellist guy... I really hope HH won't break SA & JY's relationship just because he's jealous that JY is going to be JK's accompanist. I mean... JY clearly said they didn't do it.

However, the fact that JY didn't deny that he loves JK is bugging me though. I wonder why he didn't deny it in ep7?

• Like 1

Oh dear lord, our poor dimple couple can not get peace before someone messing with them... I hope HH gonna listen to JY story and come true understanding that JY did fall out of love with JK as years went bye. 

He was the one saying JY and SA looked good together when SA was JY page turner. :P But maybe HH is confused about JY playing for JK....  I feel bad for JY, HH was the one he did go to talking about his mother surgery. Like the preview says JY really struggle because of their broken friendship. I think it is really hurting JY more than we thought losing HH. :( On the flip side, maybe this gonna force JY and SA to finally talk about this things. 

Edit. I guess HH gonna be upset as JY was the major cause of him and JK broke up. But then JY is happy with someone else and this confuse HH. In his own grief he forgot to see the closeness of SA and JY. 

2 hours ago, gracebkk said:

However, the fact that JY didn't deny that he loves JK is bugging me though. I wonder why he didn't deny it in ep7?

I think he did not say anything because it is true he did have feelings for her. So denying it or say he still has feelings for her would not be the true. it is complicated. JY did the same when SA asked if there is space for her between him and JK. 

• Like 4

Again upon reading the story line of future episodes..of course we are all in Jolly and happy mood   here... that finally our Dimple Couple are together! But there are those    who will make things complicated for our otp and will do desparate measures to tear them apart! As mention,  tension will build up once JY/ JK starts rehearsal SA might be understanding but somehow along the way she might feel a little jealous or insecure... its a 15 year  old friendship that we are talking about.But I also hope JY will assure hier of his love and secutity.HH on the other hand must not be overcome by his jealously over   a friendship of several years merely because he has other thoughts between JY and JK on his mind.

As for DY hopefully he accepts SA being with JY wholeheartedly.JK my JK I wish hee own happiness also even at times shes a bit annoying.acceptance of JY being happy and in love with SA. MS being a a very supported of her friend's happiness 

As much as  we hope a lifetime of happiness for our beloved otp it wont be all blissful all the way there will be bumps and rocky roads along.But I believe JY and SA will surpass these trials and turbulence.because of the love faith and trust they have with one another.❤

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

@Jillia Thanks for the welcome! :) I hardly login into Soompi forum nowadays, but couldn't help dropping by the DYLB thread because this drama has charmed its way into my heart.

@vangsweetie637  Monday can never come sooner nowadays. Having a few polls would be fun now that we're crossing into the 2nd half of the drama.

Brainstorming poll questions...

1)  Will JK get back together with HH?

(Yes / No / Maybe)

2)  How will JY fare at the Tchaikovsky Competition?

(He takes 1st place / He places 2nd or 3rd / He is placed outside the top 3 / He doesn't take part or is forced to withdraw)

3)  Will we get to witness a piano-violin sonata between JY and SA?

(Yes, in a performance / Yes, in an private setting / No)

4)  Will JK become SA's professional mentor?

(Yes, as part of JK's redemption arc / No, JK's jealously gets in the way.)

5)  Will SA succeed in becoming a violinist?

(Yes / No)

(p.s. I will admit to being a SA-JY shipper, so the obvious question at the back of my mind is whether the OTP will get their happy ending. Somehow it feels like raising this as a poll question will jinx the outcome, so that's not included in my list. But that's just me... I don't know how I'll take it if the screenwriter decides on an open ending or worse still, a bittersweet ending that leaves the OTP reminiscing on a love that could not be. Will keep my fingers crossed all the way until episode 16.)

It's truly commendable that all the cast (Kim Min Jae, Park Eun Bin, Park Ji Hyun, Kim Sung Cheol) are actually learning and playing the instruments to immerse into their roles. Aside from having to rehearse their lines, they also have to practise playing their instruments at a reasonable proficiency to appear convincing in their roles.

@gracebkk brought up this insightful interview earlier. Regarding the cast's musical performance, don't miss the last tweet in the quoted tweet thread.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1