[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

@vangsweetie637 Song ah's request to listen to Joonyoung play Träumerei because it holds a lot of meaning for her. It enlightens the passion for her dream and it lets her continue dreaming. Much more than that, it was poignant that Joonyoung signed her CD and wrote "To Violinist Chae Song Ah." Even if she's not getting world wide recognition, there was acknowledgment from pianist Joonyoung that she is a violinist. 

This girl has been reprimanded for being last in her class! She applied and got rejected 3-4 times before she got into Seoryeong university. She had to listen to condescending comments again from the violinist Su An who was born in a privilege family. Su An will never understand Song Ah's need to work hard and practice because Su An has the resources, wealth and connection. So to hear Joonyoung play Träumerei reignites that motivation and inspiration to go for her dream. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@ponderings ah, i think you misunderstood me. JK is the other girl. I totally agree and I understand the reason Song Ah loves the song. Hence, I really wanted to hear JY play the song for SA as she requested. 

But i get annoyed when JK constantly reminds JY about it (demanding it for her bday present and even telling him that she wanted to hear him play at the talk show). Her chance with JY is already long gone. So when she brings it up with him, it’s a bad taste in my mouth. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

@vangsweetie637 Oh my I'm so sorry for misunderstanding you!!! I read too quickly and thought you were talking about Song Ah, not Jung Kyung. 

I totally agree with you it's annoying that Jun Kyung requests to hear him play it. It's as if she's demanding his attention for her when she has been neglecting it for years! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요? - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

@ponderings Great post about ability , connections , hard work etc as it applies to our drama & characters. :sparklyeyes: Per usual some great observations & glad to read them. Also no prob sharing the BTS. It is cute to see their chemistry .

@vangsweetie637 Yup dinner was the ramen - Jjapaguri with steak riff from the movie Parasite. It was yummy! I had to add some green veggies to balance the ramen. Yes I just watched the episode and our OTP. Aww they are adorable! The gif of Daesung! Hehe so awesome! Smell ! Smell! :hwaiting:

thoughts after seeing the full episode 

- Dang I knew that young violinist was rude but with subs I wanted to drop her down a peg or too like her Cha manager nim. Love she cares for SA and told her to lot have to hold it in with rude folks. SA is a pro and lent her shoes & did explode and said the end result performance is important. Seeing her looking forlorn standing on the sidelines and waiting for the violinist. I am glad JY wrote to Seung Ah violinist nim. I said before and I will say again I squealed for her!

Def trying to make up after the talk concert. @ponderings pointed out how the Credit Card still was a bit rude but only overly too much catering to JK. I mean she knew to tell JY I am here to keep them in line. Their interaction was her clinging to JY. She cares for him 15 years but I doubt she loves him the way he had his one sided love. Like her with HH, JY is not the one her grandmother would approve of anyway. Her talk with HH to know his place and using power/connections wisely not always about natural talent and hard work. If he is a professor then he is a social status match to JK and JY and not trailing them. See this in ROY, best friends from different economic situations and does cause some uneven feelings.

MS was brave to confess to CEO Yoon but he continued to reject her. He is consistent. When the student care to fix her violin , he mentioned knowing SA, but the parent never heard of her. Of course we know she is not one with money /connected/or talented. So nice CEO Yoon said but she is pretty. ( I wonder his harboring a liking to her too and avoiding saying anything thanks to MS? Plus he went to the military too. )

i like seeing he found CEO Yoon his passion for fixing stringed instruments when his passion and desire for violin waned. So seeing SA made him appreciate her enthusiasm & he quit. SA still striving herself to play better and passion but she know her last place level will never get her to be a concert violinist. Or SA dad asking if she had natural talent. Poor SA.

Prof Lee with SA manager trying to defend her interns and interesting that the Prof will work with SA with offer next month. Was it because of SA manager nim?!

Their cute walk and JY saying he is happy just bring with SA. These two I just cannot hold my excitement to their sweetness.

looking forward to tomorrow!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

16 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I was also thinking... Joon Young expected a text or call from Song Ah and was disappointed when it was his mother calling.

After reading this text, I think so too.. Awwwww.. They're totally flirting with each other, aren't they?!?! Gahhhh.. Can they be anymore cuter than this?!

I'm a bit worried for ep6... It seems like our favourite shy duo will be facing stumble blocks before they get together.. :( Noooooooooo..... :bawling:

Edit:

On that note, they had their first fight in ep5. Awwwww.. I shouldn't be happy about this, but this just means that they're starting to be true to themselves & that they're communicating with each other (any healthy couple will fight at least once). And hopefully, from here, they'll help the other person become a better version of themself!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Omo. Finally finished the episode at 12:45am haha.   I really feel like this episode gave us more of the reality in SA and JY’s perspective. I think JY never truly loved playing the piano. He did it in order to survive. SA, on the other hand, always loved playing the violin but chose business first to satisfy her family. I feel that for JY, he has more of an identity crisis whereas SA is facing more of status crisis (in class terms). SA is always put down due to her status in class and exams while JY is always sad and burdened when it comes to the piano. I also think SA will help JY find out what he truly loves and JY in turn may actually help SA play the violin even better and pass exams so people will stop talking BS about her. I get really mad when i see everyone putting SA down just because she is last place. I don’t think being first place is that luxurious either. Lots of pressure there to keep first place consistent. 

this being said, I really love the interaction between SA and JY. How they smiled at each other before the dinner date and the pinky promise...omg!! 

JK..aish, this girl. I am surprised she teared up when breaking up with HH. Poor HH tho. He really loved her. She should have broken up with him a LONG time ago. Damage could have been avoided 

as for Owner Yoon and MS..these two needed closure too. Glad MS stepped up but man..poor her for liking a guy who acts like nothing happened. 

I can’t wait for tomorrow’s episode!

@rukizie omg!! She still has the nerves to hold his arm and ask him to possibly stay?! Her grandma may be the one in the hospital but I don’t think he needs to stay by her side. He doesn’t owe her anything. 

@Jillia subtitles came very late and raw was released late too :( I waited the whole day to watch but seeing SA and JY was worth it! Lol

@ponderings lol np. JK is getting on my nerves. I am ready to deliver another slap to her lol.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Why is everyone so hard on Song Ah? There's so many hateful characters as well. I want to pity Jung Kyung but she just infuriates me instead. We humans are never content are we? We always want what we can't have and always feel others have it better.

Like how there's those with talent like JYP but are unhappy due to the added pressure from everyone else to top their last performance. Then there's those who are passionate and enjoy what they do like Song Ah but get no where no matter how hard they try. Yet they're happy.

I like how Song Ah's like JYP's voice of reason. The story Dong Yoon shared with Hyun Ho make me think he's into Song Ah..? And he rejected Min Sung... what the violinist said of Hae Na, Song Ah was OMG like isn't she just lovely?!!? Not. The professor was no different.         

In next ep. preview, I'm anxious.. what did Song Ah meant by not being able to stay friends? LoL Did it mean she wanted to take it to the next level? You go girl (hopefully eheheh) Min Jae's voice is just music to my ears! 

• Like 7

I really find it sad how neither HH or JK really ask important question about why JY wanted to take a break, or even meaningful talk about life. Anyway I think the boys are really closer though than with JK. HH have said often how sad he was he could not make it to the concert in New York and you can see that he rally care for JY. just as we can see JY caring for HH feelings stepping back from JK. I do not see JK really care for them in that way. If she did she would not play them like that. dating HH just to see if JY would do something and waiting for him. She hurting both. Sure she is not happy with her life but then is dragging people around her down the black hole. I think what I do not like is her action though. I feel the more she gonna push JY button the more she is dragging him to the cliff. Is she gonna be happy when everyone is miserable... 

this is the different between this two friend circle. Both SA and JY sharing each other deeper thoughts and feelings. talking about their own relationship with music. It is meaningful conversation that make them closer and both lighting up in each other presens. But this is also in a way the benefit of getting new friend. you both do not have any history with each. So those burden is not there. 

I really wonder if there is possible to repair the two friend circle.... Like other have said. Maybe the best is taking a break from each other for the time being. 

• Like 5

Btw, is it just me? I feel like Songah's violin professor will ask Songah to be her assistant (since in the teaser for ep6, the professor said something like "i'm looking forward with you for the next two years" which is approximately the same length as studying for masters/graduate school). If not, I don't understand why the drama will mention about the professor losing her assistant (since her old assistant will be going overseas to study). 

PS: OST 5 (by Taeyeon) is now out guys! The song sounds so sweet & a tad bit melancholic. :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Watch: Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon Sings “Kiss Me” For “Do You Like Brahms?” OST

60fb8d00e634481fad695ab439828c7c.jpeg?s=

Sep 15, 2020
by L. Kim

Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon has lent her voice for the soundtrack of “Do You Like Brahms?”.

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a romance drama about talented classical music students chasing love, happiness, and dreams. Kim Min Jae stars as world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young, while Park Eun Bin plays Chae Song Ah, a violinist who set out to pursue her love of music later in life than her peers.

On September 15, the drama unveiled the music video for the song “Kiss Me.” Taeyeon brings the soothing ballad to life with her unique sensibility and appealing voice.

Spoiler

https://www.soompi.com/article/1425553wpp/watch-girls-generations-taeyeon-sings-kiss-me-for-do-you-like-brahms-ost

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I miss five minutes of episode 6. 

Hyun Ho finally met Jung Kyung in Kyung Hoo event while Joon Young rejected even turn off the phone because his mother kept calling him. 

After the even finished, Song Ah texted Jun Young, Jun Young ssi i feel good today after done my job. 
Jung Kyung really had no emotions to tell Young In that she broke up with Hyun Ho and asked her to find replacement for yearly event. 

Did you have real intentions to marry me ? 

Jung Kyung cried while looking at her things even she recalled her memory with Hyun Ho. She seemed regretting to broke up with him. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Joon Young’s mother asked him to get money soon because she need it but Joon Young was mad why she always asked about money. That’s why in last episode he visited many banks to get a loan. 

Jung Kyung was in Dong Yoon’s when she saw their photograph and recalled the hug between Song Ah and Joon Young. 

Are you closed with her ? How close ? 

Like you and Joon Young ? We are very closed like you and him. 

DY : Dont to harsh to Hyun Hoo. He is a nice guy. 

JK : We broke up. 

Joon Young was surprised to see his bank account. Nah Director sent him amount of money for her mother but she made another reason about his participation for Kyung Hoo event. 

@Jillia anytime onniii 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

Because of the piano, i feel the burdened is heavy. I can’t do anything like my heart wants. 

Joon Young asked Nah Director for the piano but she passed out. 

Song Ah checked her Kakaotalk and saw Joon Young read her last message. After she called him but he didn’t answer it, she accidentally met Jung Kyung. 

Fifteen year, i’m with him and please don’t break it off. 

Song Ah was taken aback when Jun Young called Jung Kyung

She even waited his message even almost ask him what happened but decided to hold it back. 

Jun Young met his mother in hospital after sending Young In in the lobby. His mother is sick and she needs to do surgery. So the money for his mother not for his father. 

Finally he knew that his father always asked for help to Nah Director. Even Jung Kyung knows but Joon Young remained disbelief. He asked his mother that he always thoughtful every time he’s around Jung Kyung.  

Our Song Ah is waiting his call :( 

Joon Young waited for Song Ah in her office and apologized about yesterday. 

He was in bad mood. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

It’s 6am. I woke up hoping to see clips of the new episode only to realize it is most likely still airing right now lol. 

@Jillia I can actually understand where JY is coming from his POV. It reminds me of students who go into college studying majors that are not for them, but in the fact that when they get out of college, a job will be waiting for them in the exact field they studied for alongside a high pay. They need a career that will support them financially but in truth, there is no happiness. They succeeded but the job drags them and they begin to dread the day. Then there are also college students who are like SA in similar ways.They choose a path they love but find out that there isn’t space for it in the world because 1) it’s way too competitive or 2) nothing really relates to it because it’s not a well-known career. JY is the one who has no happiness and SA is the one who won’t fit in. For this kind of situation, both will have a hard time in trying to resolve the crisis. JY may have to end up giving up his career and SA will have to keep on climbing up slowly. But in the end, if it’s what they really want, they will find happiness and a sense of relief. They will need each other to lean on and this is why I adore them together. 

Like you, I also like that moment when they met after the confrontation they had. There was this awkwardness between them that is actually very normal to feel. And the fact that he acknowledges SA as a violinist means a lot in the sense of an apology and his way of cheering her up. It’s very cute and sweet in its own way. 

@Latte_Anyday the truth is, people like this do exist. Whenever I see the work team discuss and “gossip”, I always think this is one of the reasons why people tend to easily look down on others. They judge others on how others view them and not ever on their own judgement. They listen to what is said and believe it’s better to be in the majority group. Almost everyone knows SA is in last place but instead of using their own judgment, they go with the majority opinion: being last place means the skills just ain’t good enough. There is no empathy there and that’s the sad thing about people who judge quickly to bring others down. 

@sal2 with your points made, it is true that I have yet to see a heartfelt conversation between JK, HH and JY in the last 15 years. It seems like it may have been all about music that they mostly talked about. Since they are closer, it should have been easier for them to approach and ask why is JY taking a break. However, it is possible that they don’t ask because they don’t think it’s necessary. Plus, things aren’t so great between them anymore. I don’t think HH and JY has even truly come to terms with what JK was doing to both of them. I feel like HH may even end up resenting or hating JY for not saying anything to him about it. These three friends cannot be saved due to the amount of damage there already is. It will take real forgiveness and even that is hard to do. For me, it’s better these 3 stay distant. I wouldn’t even mind HH and JY continuing to be friends because if we really think about it, it was JK’s fault for leading these two men on. She is the problem for me here. 

——

lol I should just go back to sleep since episode isn’t out yet :D

Edit:

@rukizie @Jillia yay! You guys are recapping!! No sleep for me yet then! Thanks chingu!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1