[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

Before sbs made their classic compilation, I noticed fan's first on YouTube

And after Sbs made their version of parallel scene, this is the longer(?) version one

Look at the passion of dylb fans tho haha they're in competition or what

• Like 2
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 1

We have seen Joon Young and his Mom slowly reconcile and grow towards a more loving relationship, where change is possible. I would like to add that here in this scene is a pair of realizations: Joon Young fully feels a parent's love and acceptance while Mom begins to "hear" and understand what an amazing son and artist Joon Young really is.

When Mom started to say "I don't know piano..", it recalled to me an early scene where Joon Young visited his mom after her surgery. She told him that "whenever [Joon Young] won, everyone thought it was amazing but it never felt real to me. But when I heard you'll be graduating, that made me happiest."  Joon Young replied with his usual quiet smile. 

"You have a good son" said his Mom's roommate as he left. And Joon Young is, fulfilling his Mom's wish, despite the emotional and financial burdens caused by his parents.

Me: To everyone here and DYLB "multiverse" :) 

happy girl GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

This is a beautiful gifset and parallel... Also so significant. Song Ah told Joon Young that she liked his performance but she liked him playing "Träumerei" back in the practice room more because it touched her heart. And throughout the drama there was such a distance between Joon Young and his mother. So it was very touching when she told him that "Widmung" touched her heart and made her tear up. :wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

Good morning from part of the world:)

@rozelanthank you for sharing the tweets!  And those stares from MinJae! Geez!:wub: and the 30 second leg cramp of SA  is one of my fave scenes .JY's smile was heaven!  I think he was already smitten then..

MOM and Son reconciling is a touching scene to me..even though JY has the heaviest loads and burden, .He forgives and starts anew with his mom.

@guestra thanks for the parallel Mv! Oh boy! We have so many parallels in the drama.Love it! .and welcome to the thread.:)

@cherrhys88I guess sbs is  gifting us early Christmas presents for  releasing DYLB goodies..if they cant move on,and how are too??

@Jillia

Those Gifs! Everytime JY played with his heart..its always touching every inch of the soul 

Dropping by to share Dimple Couple FMV..♥️

The lyrics is perfect and suited the two.♥️

You're My Melody(EN CC)

• Like 3
  • Love 7

HI @guestra, cheers to the makers of FMVs who are so ahead that I think we'll let SBS do catch-up so we can enjoy more videos :) Thanks to this FMV it was nice to re-visit more parallel scenes.

Another heartfelt FMV, made me teary-eyed, thank you @annamchoi

FMV: Like Brahms Playlist (combining Classical, OST, music for teasers)

Fan made playlist!!! We're so blessed!!

5 hours ago, guestra said:

Before sbs made their classic compilation, I noticed fan's first on YouTube

And after Sbs made their version of parallel scene, this is the longer(?) version one

Look at the passion of dylb fans tho haha they're in competition or what

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

Hello! I have a question for those who have bought blu-rays before, where do you watch this laptop, pc or a dedicated blu-ray dvd player? Also can you download the content, if you want a back up, or is it totally restricted? :confused:

Articles about DYLB fashion or look books

https://inkistyle.com/category/kdrama-fashion/do-you-like-brahms/

• Like 4
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, cherrhys88 said:

Hello! I have a question for those who have bought blu-rays before, where do you watch this laptop, pc or a dedicated blu-ray dvd player? Also can you download the content, if you want a back up, or is it totally restricted? :confused:

Articles about DYLB fashion or look books

https://inkistyle.com/category/kdrama-fashion/do-you-like-brahms/

This is what I know..Blu Ray will only play on specific Blu Ray drives and players.You cannot play blu ray dics on a cd or dvd players.I read its illegal to download the content..in most English countries

Thank you for sharing the link on DYLB goodies.

@rozelanwelcome sweetie ..

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@cherrhys88 I believe that according to most laws ripping copy-protected content (most dvds, blu-ray) is considered illegal. However, if you're backing up on your local drive and not sharing the content the risk of getting caught is arguably not high. 

fyi there are region codes for blu-ray. I'm not sure how the technical aspects work (I.e. how it detects which region you're in) but just something to take note of. 

https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/support/articles/00029369

Also, you can get a fairly cheap external disc drive online (reads blu-ray, dvds and cds) which you can plug in to your comp via USB. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

@debbsthebee  Thank you for all the infos. Yes, it's basically just for back up and not for sharing. :) Basically just to have an option to watch it anywhere anytime and not to always lug a blu-ray player all the time. :D

@annamchoi   Thanks also for the infos about the blu-ray and for sharing that article. Kudos to the entire DYLB team! It's always nice to know that a lot of people loves the drama. :wub:

@Jillia  Love the gifs as always. Thank you! :)

I've heard/watched a few versions of Widmung but for me Son Yeol Eum's will always be one of the best and most heartfelt one. I guess that's why JYP's also felt the same in the drama since they did use her version of it.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

On 11/2/2020 at 5:28 PM, Jillia said:

@cherrhys88

It's not an easy drama to get over. I think SBS realised they have a treasure there. :D

I'm also still not over Joon Young playing "Widmung" for Song Ah. :wub: Especially in combination with the lyrics for it, seen in this gifset as well. :D

Source: DCGall, credit as labeled

I didn't back read. But here's the translation, just in case

Dedication

English Translation © Richard Stokes

You my soul, you my heart,
You my rapture, O you my pain,
You my world in which I live,
My heaven you, to which I aspire,
O you my grave, into which
My grief forever I’ve consigned!
You are repose, you are peace,
You are bestowed on me from heaven.
Your love for me gives me my worth,
Your eyes transfigure me in mine,
You raise me lovingly above myself,
My guardian angel, my better self!

Translations by Richard Stokes, author of The Book of Lieder (Faber, 2005)

Source:https://www.oxfordlieder.co.uk/song/406

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you to @annamchoi for posting F A E Sonata FMV :)

I also found this FMV and it helped amplify the emotion running through scenes from Song Ah's graduation recital and Joon Young's confession after. The FMV maker reconstructed the full performance by sync-ing drama sequences with the actual musical score, 5 minutes in real time, about 2 minutes in drama time. 

Hearing the full music with the violin and piano going back and forth somehow clarified for me how there was a (re)connection between Song Ah and Joon Young during the performance.

We all loved how they held hands after. I also then realized how it is Song Ah who reached out first and Joon Young followed soon after, maybe to give or seek comfort or maybe both to each other. :wub:

img.gif

ctto

2 hours ago, annamchoi said:

Dropping by..

F A E Sonata.

Edited by rozelan
Change gif
  • Like 3
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1