Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

bye bye!  

42 members have voted

1. 1. how did you find the ending?

• it was awesome! better than what I imagined
    • it was good but wouldn't call it great
    • it was just fine (middle of good & bad)
    • ... I don't know...
  2. 2. would you recommend the drama to another chingu?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/23/2020 at 10:18 AM

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

I thought this was a underrated moment in the drama. Song Ah knew something was off about Joon Young and Joon Young... well... I mark this as the actual moment of them recognizing eachother in a way. Not sure if I make sense. :D

Source: DCGall, credit as labeled

I love all the little moments between them in the early episodes. Maybe this is one of the moment in the progression of them slowly see the fact that the other person is a Brahms too in another love triangle? They have never explicitly mentioned it to one another but they just understood the implications as they have the Brahms radar? I guess this similarity is one of the reason they came close to each other too.

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

"Joon Young trying to protect Song Ah from the truth" scene which is SO interesting with what we know now and how Joon Young dealt with the whole "Träumerei" leak. Song Ah told him back then that she would rather know the truth than feeling like a idiot. And now, he did exactly that. He kept the whole "Träumerei" leak from her and Jung Kyung was the one who exposed her as the "idiot" who knows nothing.

This reminded me again on how different JY and SA is on facing the truth in the relationship as the Brahms in the love triangle. For the same situation, JY thinks choosing not to see to not get hurt as a better solution while SA thinks facing the truth and get hurt is better than being a fool. This attitude was also shown in JY's narration in ep2 where he described his life issues as 'the truth that I'm aware of but not wanting to face'. 

It makes me wonder if this is because of the different situations that they grow up in - SA has a decent family that provides her with love and able to support her in pursuing her dream. On the other hand, JY had to support his family from a young age and he put the burden of 'playing piano for making Director Na proud' on himself too. He's probably worn off with all the financial and emotional burden so I can understand why he would want to run away from issues (Having said that, his relationship with JK is also more complicated due to the foundation). In that regards, I kind of feel that SA is a very lucky person as not everyone can afford to have such courage.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 9
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some scene from the previous episode and from the preview mirror eachother.   Joon Young walking down alongside the palace grounds, smiling after asking Song Ah out. Joon Young wa

So... I watched the episode raw and the last scene touched me so much! I loved how Joon Young mirrored Song Ah. Like YES! And I loved Song Ah's speech as well.   Song Ah: "Träumerei. I thou

I think I understand JK now after watching thus far... She loved HH initially and she felt satisfaction dating him... she was the talented wealthy Princess, he was a talented Celloist (even thoug

Posted Images

Im wondering , at the last minute SA accompanist is a no show..and for JY to offer how did he know that she needs one?

We are all curious to SA's grad recital and practical exam which is which..but the end of the day..we would like to see  SA do her best admist criticsms..

Hopefully all issues will be resolved in ep 15.and  on ep 16 will be all about SA and JY. Their LOVE STORY ! for the  second time around..No more brats and annoying people! 

No rush ending ! No likey!

That HUG! Sooo! looking  forward to this!❤

@Jilliathank you so much for the GIFs!

Really JY shield SA about DY and MS to get hurt but with the Träumerei leak recording he had hurt her the most..if only he could have been honest and not to keep everything to himself...

Monlight Sonata/Happy Birthday scene...from being friends...To...

@Sky8lue Thanks for sharing stills and text preview.excited at the same very anxious on what will happen tomorrow..

JY  first  time playing Brahms SA playing in a huge crowd..cant wait to watch this!

Do we see a time jump?!  We see SA sporting a wavy hair..and based on the bts pic both are wearing  lighter shades of blue for JY which symbolizes serenity(a state of being calm peaceful and untroubled)while SA's light brown is associated on being steadfast(unwavering/ committed/ loyal/faithful)

One sleep away EP 15 hope you bring us one fruitful episode .

• Like 9
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

94094d0fed974a009e4dab0b56c1df02.jpeg?s=

Kim Min Jae And Park Eun Bin Miss Each Other As They Face A Choice Over Their Futures In “Do You Like Brahms?”

Oct 18, 2020 by C. Hong

Spoilers

Last week, Chae Song Ah (Park Eun Bin) and Park Joon Young (Kim Min Jae) went through a tearful breakup. With just two episodes left in the drama’s run, it remains to be seen whether this couple, who have been hurt in both music and love, will have a happy ending.

Spoiler

kim-min-jae-do-you-like-brahms.jpg

In one set of stills, Park Joon Young looks lost without Chae Song Ah by his side. Before he met her, he had become used to emptying himself for other people, but she was the first one who taught him that it was okay to aspire to a more fulfilling love. At the same time, Park Joon Young appears shaken in front of the piano, as if considering if this is something he wants to continue to do.

Spoiler

kim-min-jae-park-eun-bin-do-you-like-bra

On the other hand, in another set of stills, Chae Song Ah is devastated at the breakup but determined to forge ahead in her musical career. Both she and Park Joon Young mourn the loss of their relationship in their sleep and miss each other as they walk through the city alone.

park-eun-bin-do-you-like-brahms.jpg

However, Chae Song Ah channels her emotion into her audition for graduate school. She made the difficult decision to leave the chamber work she was doing with Lee Soo Kyung (Baek Ji Won), even though it would be difficult to get admitted to grad school without her patronage. As one of the judges, Lee Soo Kyung watches her with a sharp eye as Chae Song Ah prepares to play her piece.

The next episode of “Do You Like Brahms?” will air on October 19 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1) (2) (3)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 12

Hi brahms buddies, just wanted to send some love as the many insightful posts, swoon-worthy/hilarious gifs and interview translations made the wait for ep 15 that much easier and doubled as an awesome stress relief having had to do work over the weekend. 
:fullofhearts: 

@rafeusjanela I also think Kyunghoo seems like a good option for SA given that In young is a good boss but I worry if that connection complicates things for JY. I don't think JK will be an issue given that she didn't want the directorship and will likely be allowed to step down now that her grandma is aware of how JK feels about the foundation and her need to move on. 

• Like 7
  • Love 7

@Y.Q.

That's so true! In the end this was the moment Joon Young knew Song Ah was in the same situation as him. :D

I love when knetz do something cute like this - "Are we waiting for eachother's taxi scene?" scene. :lol:

1599771722.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10

Happy "B-day" to all too!

Just love how fans call Monday-Tuesday "B-day" found it in this article and interview with the writer. Source: (1)

Some bits:

Reaction to Twoset Violin review of DYLB posted by @nicoley, with comments from @rafeusjanela :

Good reviews given to KMJ and PEB as actors performing with musical instruments. "I love you" 3x to violin. is cringey. From the comments, I found the DYLB nation well defended by fans and non-fans! 

:hooray2:

Happy to say again that writer-nim, you're the best, always ahead, so many levels. Sharing from the comments: :)

1. Aimez-vous Brahms (Do you like Brahms?) is a novel first written in French by Francois Sagan, a re-telling of Brahms-Clara-Schumann triangle. In the book, a young man invites a woman, 15 years senior, to go to a concert date with him, by asking "Do you like Brahms?"

2. DYLB? is a conversation starter, a way to start small talk (or a pick up line).

:wow1:

Spoiler

Song Ah, so intuitive, smoothest move ever!

1601220015.gif

Joon Young's smooth move

5930f6dfbbfd8254b0239762f8ef50814fedbf67

3. Violin has a "soul."

Many chimed here that violin "sound post" is called soul in French, German, Turkish, Hebrew even. How cool is that? Twoset said otherwise and they even showed off their merchandise of violin anatomy t-shirt.

4. Musicians do say I-love-you and I'm sorry to their instruments. One was even moved to say right after watching the video, he said I love you 3x to his drumsticks.

5. I left a comment that Brahms Violin Concerto is coming up in final episodes, if they might want to review that too :)

:heart1:

Hi @Jillia 

Just to add to @Y.Q. about Song Ah receiving a call back from one pianist whose schedule opened up, just before she messages Joon Young.

Though it is a very short scene, I remember my thinking then: what a time to get good news but can't really feel happy about it because you're in emotional turmoil waiting for your boyfriend to explain why he stood you up last night when he promised he'll wait for you (E14 around 22:53 :)

"Have you found an accompanist yet?" asked by the caller.  A bit of irony from our writer-nim to which I imagined Song Ah replies, silently:

:idk:

Finale ending

On a quiet note, a walk along Deoksugung Walkway in clear daytime, sharing the same walking lane (no lines between). Love endures :)  

Also as a drama, I thought that as a finale image, it may already be hard to top the iconic scenes in rehearsal rooms and Song-Ah confession/umbrella breakup scenes at the university, but if they still can... 

A final ask from unnie: Don't we all make choices to be happy?

Resonates a lot too, at whatever life stage you are in right now :) 

• Like 15
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

Happy Monday everyone from my part Of the world...Today is the DAY! that we are  all waiting for..with excitement and with a mixture of  anxiousness.

Stay Positive All In This Together GIF by INTO ACTION

Let us be positive and hope  for the best for our SA and JY...with this my heart is hopeful..I hope yours too...❤

do-you-like-kdrama-20201017-214738-0

• Like 5
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, annamchoi said:

Happy Monday everyone from my part Of the world...Today is the DAY! that we are  all waiting for..with excitement and with a mixture of  anxiousness.

Let us be positive and hope  for the best for our SA and JY...with this my heart is hopeful..I hope yours too...❤

Yes!

@annamchoi I still wonder why is it I can't see your image? Because of our location maybe....

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, cherrhys88 said:

I also can not the images on my PC but it shows in my phone. So probably it has something to do with OS compatibility(?)

I'm using mac at the moment and I tried using "samsung" still can't see .... that's why I wonder.  As for location .. like Naver ... yes usually I can't see it at certain time.

• Like 8

Contrary to earlier news articles, today's article doesn't specifically confirm that they play Brahms Violin Sonata No. 1. It might be because they wish to keep it ambiguous ahead of episode 15 (last week was an unintended spoiler?). But it does clarify that JY plays the piano accompaniment for SA at the graduation concert (as opposed to her grad school entrance exam).

Papago translation of https://sports.donga.com/ent/article/all/20201019/103505064/1 below:

'Do you like Brahms?' Will Park eun-bin create her own life stage with Kim min-jae?
103505060.1.jpg

"SBS' Monday-Tuesday drama "Do You Like Brahms?" (written by Ryu Bo-ri/directed by Cho Young-min/produced by Studio S) drew a sad farewell between Chae Song-ah (Park Eun-bin) and Park Joon-young (Kim Min-jae), fueling curiosity about the ending. The situation of Chae Song-ah, who had no choice but to break up, and Park Joon-young, who could not hold her, made viewers feel sorry and waited for the last story.

In the midst of this, the 15th episode of "Do You Like Brahms?" raises expectations as everyone heralds an unexpected situation. Park Joon-young played as a piano accompanist at Chae Song-ah's graduation concert. The first ensemble of the two is expected, drawing attention.

In the photo released, Chae Song-ah and Park Joon-young are on stage together. Wearing a simple black dress, Chae Song-ah stands with a violin, while Park Joon-young, in a black suit, sits in front of the piano. The two, who looked at each other as if they were ready, began to play. Chae Song-ah, who plays with all her heart, and Park Joon-young, who became a reliable partner, make us look forward to the scene.

Earlier, Chae Song-ah had been criticized for her lack of confidence in her performance. "It's okay if I do it alone, but it keeps shaking when I play the piano. You have to drag the song to your tempo, what if it's dragged to me?" During the master class, Lee Jung-kyung (Park Ji-hyun) also said, "Music seems to be hesitant. You have to play with confidence with the idea that I'm leading the music," he advised. At the time, Chae Song-ah asked, "How should I have confidence?" Did she find the answer?

Above all, it is of keen interest what kind of music Chae Song-ah and Park Joon-young played. Chae Song-ah had previously prepared "Frank Violin Sonata" as a graduation performance song along with a graduate school entrance song. However, the preview of the 15th episode drew attention as Chae Song-ah and Park Joon-young talked about the song "Brahms." Chae Song-ah told Park Joon-young, "You don't like Brahms." Questions and expectations are mounting over what their first ensemble will be.

'Do you like Brahms?' The production team said, 'Song-ah spills everything at her graduation concert. Please look forward to seeing if Song-ah can safely finish her performance on the stage, and what kind of ensemble she will show with Jun-young, who will be playing the piano," he said, adding that "Park Eun-bin and Kim Min-jae prepared passionately. Please pay attention to the performances of the two actors who became Song-ah and Jun-young themselves.

Meanwhile, the 15th episode of SBS' Monday-Tuesday drama 'Do You Like Brahms?' will air at 10 p.m. on Monday, October 19."

Translation of the ep15 preview by shjky @ twitter:

And PEB's IG update below. Notice that she is wearing the attire seen in the teaser when SA saw JY sitting in Gyeonghuigung (his usual 'thinking' spot). I hope her bright smile is a sign of a happy ending (fingers and toes crossed)!

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 8
37 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ said:

I'm using mac at the moment and I tried using "samsung" still can't see .... that's why I wonder.  As for location .. like Naver ... yes usually I can't see it at certain time.

Oh! I see. So it probably has something to do with the location or the host site and not compatibility. 

• Like 6

@Sky8lue I'm glad JY played for SA's graduation regardless of how it came to be. It feels like there'd always be a connection between them as JY had a role in such a key milestone in SA's life. I'm super excited for this scene as I believe it'll be the first time we see them play from the heart. 

• Like 13
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?