[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

3 minutes ago, Raynaa said:

Just wanted to know the couple rings scene. That is JYs new apartment? That is the Seoul skyline in the background right without Kyunghoo building thankfully? 

That's what I noticed as well. He is living in a different place and I love how bright they made it. Another parallel that JY is already in a brighter and happier place in his life without anymore baggage.

• Like 3
  • Love 11
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

It's nice how they wrapped up the drama - our OTP having their happily ever after, both trios reconciling, Hyun Ho and Jung Kyung having an open ending, Joon Young finally finding joy with the piano, Song Ah having closure with her violin and being content despite walking away from her dream, and more. I feel so whole after watching the drama. It's such a satisfying and healing ending.  

• Like 4
  • Love 10

14 minutes ago, Raynaa said:

Just wanted to know the couple rings scene. That is JYs new apartment? That is the Seoul skyline in the background right without Kyunghoo building thankfully? 

That's Namsam Tower in the background, the same place where they had the icecream kiss..

But I only noticed the double bed in the room:wub:, hehehe

It looks like a hotel room more than an apartment but who cares, it has a double bed!:phew:

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2

1 hour ago, rafeusjanela said:

Can I just say that the OST is absolutely beautiful? I loved the releases with the lyrics, but the instrumental OSTs are more touching (for me) and are able to convey a lot of emotion. I especially love the main theme, which was also named Träumerei.

We have a new Traümerei to love since Schumann's one gives us a lot of Dimple Couple angst vibes now .. 

:fullofhearts:

I felt the same way about the instrumental tracks too.. they will be on my playlist for a long long time I think 

I

• Like 1
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

Now that we're all deep immersed into a happy ending we've ever been dreamed of, none of us bother to translate the chatroom between JY and SA, the morning before JY graduation recital when he was hesitant to text SA first.. :hwaiting2:

We're so done with the investigation work, guessing games about the sequence based on the preview and clothes they wear.. 

- Quoting 1 of the worker on Kyunghoo to SA : "Take your time to quit your instrument."

Alright, I will take my time to heal from DYLB fever. As for now, I'm gonna enjoy being as high as possible!

- At SA narrative at the ending, one thing I realize from DYLB being the healing-drama they promised us, that is 

"Not all of us can achieve our dream, eventho we're already give all that we have. But even if we don't, we can still do what we best at, fully-hearted."

- I like that DYLB give us a very opposite vibes from drama about dreams, like say, Itaewon Class & RoY. They are both good, of course, it motivates the viewers to work hard toward fulfilling one's dream. But, as u can see that DYLB is a drama that hits the reality, sometimes just being hardworking is not enough to achieve your dream. There are many factors as well in this reality. Therefore, the healing messages that DYLB's trying to deliver to us, that it's not the end of the world when u realize u cannot catch ur dream, there are many other things that u can do best at. I like that! 

- As for JK, I think, she got her karma when she play at her master recital alone. 

The moment SA saw JK sitting alone and then SA remembered that Haena told her about the JK professor, I think SA realized that, it's not only her that failed to achieve her dream. JK, as well, are failed to achieve her dream to teach as professor. And ofcoure, being a kind-hearted SA is, she empathize with JK. Uri good girl, Song-A ya.. 

• Like 6
  • Love 10
  • Insightful 3

Indeed, DYLB hits close to home.

Despite being in a classical music setting, the issues of the characters were all realistic and surprisingly relatable.

I agree. One of the key messages of the show that touched my heart is that it's okay that some dreams stay dreams, no matter how hard we've worked to achieve them. What matters is the journey, not the destination. What matters is that we tried. DYLB emphasized that what Song Ah went through was not 'lost time', and that everything she did helped her grow into the person she is today. 

The misunderstandings that happened were also heart-wrenching, but it gave me a lot of perspective on how important communication is in any relationship we have. Whether it be with our significant other, family, friends, or colleagues, one of the most important things is communication. It's also lovely how our leads did not simply communicate through their words, but also through their actions. Most important of all, they were also able to communicate their heart through music.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
  • Awesome 1

Edit: I wanted to add that this was the most poetic episode I watched, it was like reading a 1 hour long poem. 

i loved this last episode, what a wonderful journey here with DYLB Fam, ah my heartu you all! the performance was so amazingly heartfelt. so love the ending, no words. 

SA's self growth ah so deep, that last scene when she walked into the light, i had goosebumps all over. 

what more to say again about this, i think everyone here have summed up how i feel about DYLB so well, ah i will remember this special times in our lives. i am not someone who watches a drama live and i think the last time i did it was goblin? haha too long ago! but this one was so special i am glad i got to watch the last 4 episodes with everyone, the in depth discussion really helped me understand so many of the characters better. 

so happy found this thread during this intense 2 weeks! @Jillia @Sky8lue @rozelan

@minsunie @rafeusjanela @kismet22 @JenL and everyone else! Cheers to all of us making it! WOHOO~

@Y.Q.  omg this didn't occur but it made their performance all the more meaningful. cries**

On 10/21/2020 at 2:51 AM, Y.Q. said:

I have been thinking of why he wanted to play with SA for her graduation recital. At first I thought he just wanted to play Brahms song for Director Na. But SA's conversation with her mum today, I thought maybe he just wanted to be by her side for her potential last performance after hearing her decision to give up on violin. Why am I so late in

realizing this? The scene just hits me differently now

YES! sign me up, i need a rewatch of all these wholesome goodness.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:36 PM, Jillia said:

And thank you to everyone joining the finale of thise wonderful drama! Let's rewatch it like @ponderings suggested. :D

• Like 5
  • Love 14

@Jillia, I’m going to keep on thinking that JK and HH will only be friends. In the first place, why exactly did they break up? Why wasn’t HH enough for her? I think they need to answer these questions first. Still, it’s an open ending which means nothing is definitive. 

I’m glad though that Jung Kyung stood proudly on the stage playing her violin unaccompanied. I also liked her talks with Song Ah. I hope she becomes an excellent teacher and overcome worthless professors like Song and Duster who care more about their status than their students. 

• Like 12
  • Insightful 1

I'm happy to be a part of the viewers.

You know, some might not watch this because it's not a typical popular romcom drama. It's like a hidden treasure for kdrama lovers.

It was nicely wrapped up. Song Ah realized her heart pretty fast. Fasted that I expected. Which is nice! The drama is not only talk about music, classic romance, or people in the age of 29. But also a healing drama. How to live your life according to your heart. I really like it.

• Like 6
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 1

Thinking about the show today I realised why writer nim has JK played unaccompanied-- it was her finally trusting herself to overcome things by herself, not hiding in the shadow of her mum, the foundation, the prof, or JY or even HH. They all returned the scores to her... she was alone and truly standing on her own two feet. Her getting the professorship would have been under the tutelage of the prof too, but she found her "conviction" (which she shared with SA during masterclass) to pursue the music she loves instead of becoming foundation chairman like grandma wanted. I love how she got her own arc and the writer seem to really want to give her a proper growth arc as well. 

The closing of the restaurant Intermission is also significant- how the intermission for the characters are over and they proceed to the second half of their journey, just like how their schooling life and quarter life crisis is over and they have chosen their paths, now to walk on that path to pursue their dreams. 

Love also how the show ends with SA walking into the spotlight, no longer afraid, feeling unqualified, or uncertain. Come what may she will walk ahead and dream again, even if it may hurt. Such a beautiful ending and so positive! I love SA's courage!

• Like 9
  • Insightful 9