[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

I will borrow this quote from the Dramabeans`sarticle.

"The friendship between Joon-young and Song-ah is not only everything they needed, but everything they didn’t know they needed. I love watching them interact no matter what they’re doing — whether they’re smiling when they spot each other across the street, running interference for each other, or chatting at Cheongyecheon after dinner. Imagine when they finally play together?"

I totally agree. They need this friedship ana that friendship will be the healing factor for both of them. This friendship will turn into romance but that`s not what is importan right now. I love how happy they are when they spend quality time together. They are honest and empathic with each other, they can open up and comunicate really well. I also expect to see them playing together. I think that Joon Young will rediscover the beauty of music through Song Ah. He doesn`t have to participate in competitions anymore. I wish he will start doing what he really wants.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I also think that the most important thing is that both of them will discover something for themselves. I actually also believe that Song Ah will realize she doesn't need to be perfect to be good at playing the violin. And it's been suggested she will play again. And I'm hoping and actually looking forward to Joon Young and Song Ah playing together.

So far Song Ah enjoys playing her instrument more than Joon Young. She has an insecurity and maybe she is not a top notch musician but she is an incredible woman. I envy her. To start a second speciality just because she wanted to do music is not something ordinary. There are a lot of people who have more specialities but she started playing violin late. Learning music is hard. And violin is the hardest instrument to learn.

I want her to continue to enjoy playing music. As you said she doesn`t have to be perfect. 

Looking forward seeing them playing together. Show, do not disappoint us. :D

• Like 7

“Do You Like Brahms?” Reveals Sneak Peek Of Park Eun Bin Looking Distraught In Slippers

82f25e6224ab42adb4f14cd1e0de7270.jpeg?s=

Sep 12, 2020
by E. Cha

SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?” has unveiled a new glimpse of Park Eun Bin from its upcoming episode!

In the new romance drama about classical musicians, Park Eun Bin plays the role of Chae Song Ah, an aspiring violinist who defies others’ advice and sets out to pursue her love of music later in life than most of her peers.

Despite facing many obstacles—and repeatedly finding herself beaten down by the harshness of reality—she is determined to achieve her dream, and world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young (played by Kim Min Jae) becomes an unexpected source of comfort along the way.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Chae Song Ah looks exhausted and hopeless as she sits alone in the rehearsal room. Staring off into the distance with a look of sad resignation, the violinist is notably sporting casual slippers that clash with her formal suit, piquing viewers’ curiosity as to how she ended up in such an outfit and why she is all by herself.

Park-Eun-Bin.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1425024wpp/do-you-like-brahms-reveals-sneak-peek-of-park-eun-bin-looking-distraught-in-slippers

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

Hello everyone. I'm enjoying everyone's comments so far.

And hello chingu @Nodame. Good to see you on this thread, too! :heart:

Spoiler

Nodame, did you notice in ep5 preview that the OTP are at Deoksugung Palace Stonewall? I'm having a sqee moment because that's where My Unfamiliar Family OTP met up, too. Oh my gosh.

And I'm loving the overall theme in both Do You Like Brahms? and Record of Youth is about going for your dreams and working towards it. 

I'm caught up with all of the episodes, but it is my first time going back and rewatching ep1 several times. There's something so captivating about it that I don't get bored rewatching it. I also played it in the background when I decided to draw Joon Young waiting in backstage and going out to play with the orchestra (ep1) 

Spoiler

FWqHlgl.jpg

I also love the watercolor and episode title in the beginning of each episode because it beautifully hints what I'm going to see next. 

Ep1: Träumerei (Dream)

Ep2: Poco Poco (Slowly and Gradually)

Ep3: Innig (Heartfelt)

Ep4: Non Troppo (Not too much)

Both main characters, Joon Young and Song Ah, have a passion for music, but they are in different standpoints. Joon Young's name as a pianist is out there. He's successful from an outward perspective. On the other hand, Song Ah sees the aura of his profession, passion and success. She sees him as a superstar. When she was watching the concert backstage, she compared her passion to his passion: "The music he brought to life was so passionate. What I had inside of me felt so small and shabby." 

I want to tell her that she's just as passionate as Joon Young. She declared her major after studying business. She applied and got rejected several times to Seoryeong University. She kept on trying until she got accepted! (Lesson: Don't compare yourself to others.) 

Sometimes I can feel her dejectedness and exhaustion. Her excitement, which contrasted with her orchestra mates' indifferent behavior, to play at the Seoul Art Center was short circuited when the conductor decided that the sound of the violins are too loud. Her parents worry about her future and her sister asks if she has a plan.

When she's in her room on her phone, she searches for Joon Young's performance of Träumerei which isn't there. And she notes to herself, "There are so many dreams except for the one that I'm looking for." She feels lost and I feel her emptiness. 

On the other hand, JoonYoung seems successful from the outside, but he's struggling internally. His relationship with Jung Kyung, his mom's financial dependence, his thoughts about his scholarship and his connection to playing the piano. 

Both characters feel this pressure in pursuing their dreams. And whether they are successful or not, their feelings are complex and valid. I can't wait to see them grow. What I'm not ready is when the two love triangles are going to get messy. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

@ponderings Aww great drawing my dear and post too! Yes that walk along that old city wall brought back the feels of My Unfamiliar Family, loved that gem of a drama. Hope all is well and looking forward to your posts on this drama too!

The new stills foreshadowing hmm looks interesting.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

“Do You Like Brahms?” Previews Awkward Reunion Between Kim Min Jae And Joo Suk Tae

97eae6e7e1ab4a429071cd40e6a37c30.jpeg?s=

Sep 13, 2020
by S. P

SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?” has revealed new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a romance drama about talented classical music students chasing love, happiness, and dreams. Kim Min Jae stars as world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young, while Park Eun Bin plays Chae Song Ah, a violinist who set out to pursue her love of music later in life than her peers.

Spoilers

Although Park Joon Young made a name for himself as the first Korean pianist to place in the International Chopin Piano Competition, few people know about his family’s difficult financial situation. After his family went into debt paying for his lesson fees, Park Joon Young worked hard to be successful and pay off his family’s debt.

The new stills reveal a meeting between Park Joon Young and the piano instructor who helped him rise to fame, Yoo Tae Jin (Joo Suk Tae). Park Joon Young sits awkwardly on the sofa as he faces his teacher for the first time in a long time. Another still shows Yoo Tae Jin with his arm around Park Joon Young’s shoulder as they pose with his prize at the International Chopin Piano Competition.

Kim-Min-Jae-Joo-Suk-Tae-2.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1425191wpp/do-you-like-brahms-previews-awkward-reunion-between-kim-min-jae-and-joo-suk-tae

• Like 3

Thank you, @Jillia :heart:  Your GIF is making me squee. oooh my gosh.

@Nodame Thank you so much! All is well. I am gaining so much strength through Song Ah's character. She's telling me it's okay even if I feel lost right now with my dream. 

I am getting goosebumps watching videos of Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin playing their instruments. They are so dedicated in their craft of acting. It's very admirable.

• Like 3

@larus Thank you for linking the articles! It's nice to see the latest updates! 

@Jillia I looove the GIFs you post! I'm so excited for the next episodes! 

@ponderings I agree! I love your point about Song Ah being as passionate about music as Joon Young! After all, passion does not equal excellence/talent; I think it's much more important than the latter. 

An added point, I love how both Joon Young and Song Ah were not reduced to pitiful characters because of their gentleness/kindness. Sometimes being shy equates to being bullied (at all times), but I love how the show included moments where both of them were able to stand up for themselves (and each other). I love those little moments of bravery and growth. 

Ahhh, I'm really excited for all the episodes! Do You Like Brahms? is kind of weird for me (as a kdrama) because it feels like a slow burn.. but at the same time, it's not? We already have a looot of interactions (and cute interactions, mind you) between the two leads even though we're only 4 episodes in. I really want to watch the remaining episodes right now, but I don't want them to release it as well (I'm going to be sad when the drama ends)! There's only one thing I know for sure: this drama is a gem and it will definitely be one of my favorites.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@rafeusjanela You brought up a great point about both Joon Young and Song Ah's shyness. It's not seen in a negative light, but it's a part of them. Shyness is often equated to being quiet all the time, but, like you said, they have the courage to speak up for themselves. We also know that both Joon Young and Song Ah are perceptive, thoughtful and mindful of their surroundings. They have so much emotional complexity and so it adds more dimension into their characters, making them feel like you can meet them IRL. 

@Jillia Also you may be right that it's probably Joon Young's first time vocalizing his troubles. In the first ep, when he was in the car with the Team-Jangnim Ms. Cha, she said, "No one will help you if you don't speak up."  to someone and it means a lot that he was able to open up to Song Ah. Song Ah's a great listener and she always gives her utmost attention and presence. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

An incredible story, so fragile and deep at the same time. The relationship of the heroes is not just a habitual sympathy or just a friendship, each of them was lonely and needed a person nearby who would listen, help and become a wall so that you could stand up or just hide from problems. The way they open up to each other, helping to understand their feelings and themselves,
it's more than just love. And will there be love? And you know, I don't see anyone better who deserves to be around.

• Like 5