[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I understand JK now after watching thus far... She loved HH initially and she felt satisfaction dating him... she was the talented wealthy Princess, he was a talented Celloist (even thoug

Hello everyone!!! I would like to give a virtual group hug to this amazing family here. Though it might be a drama but it feels like we have gone through so much together  Really hoping to see our OTP

longer kiss for longer breakup at least         

4 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Melly Trw

You mean the lady who quit? The one who was always dragging Song Ah down or who do you mean? :)

@Jillia from the earlier minutes of the episode, I think I saw the scene that SA practice Franck sonata with another accompanist (maybe the one that called her back on the ep 14). 

But what I really mean is. SA is going to play her grad recital on that day. So she must have an accompany already rite? Or is it possible that for grad recital she's only going to play solo and then JY offered her last minute to be her accompanist? 

I don't really like how the story went out with JK. She still doesn't realize the cause about things she did. And I don't see that she's being sorry for it. So the preview thay show about piano trio with JK JY and HH, i know its necessary to give closure to their friendship, but still I prefer those minutes goes to JY and SA story arc..

• Like 10

Translation for preview by Alyssa chia in the youtube video :) 

Young In: We all want to work with you, Song ah shi. 

Joon Young: Mum, get a divorce. I want you to live your own life.

Kyung Ho Foundation staff?: how good would it be if Chairwoman Na was around to watch the foundation anniversary concert as originally planned, she would have enjoyed it 

Jung Kyung: Hyeon Ho...

Hyeong Ho: Jung Kyung, don't fall sick, stay well

Song Ah's sister?: when's your boyfriend's graduation performance?

Song Ah: We broke up.

Song Ah: Last time, you told me to be friends right? I'm here today as a friend

Joon Young: Thanks to you Song Ah, I realised many things

Song Ah: Goodbye, stay well.

Aww, seams like SA using that friends line JY used when he played moonlight and hugged her. Feel like we gonna come full circle as maybe he gonna play Moonlight again for her. :) 

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 7
1 hour ago, Jillia said:

It's the Kyunghoo Building. :D

Also, this isn't a ticket for a flight but apparently Joon Young (or Cha In Young) sent a ticket for his solo performance. :D

You crush my hope so fast..LOL :lol:

Anyway I feel like the preview is misleading

Usually the end part of the preview only show a few pieces of the ep

It didnt usually happen as the scene of the end of the ep

The goodbye might refer to her violin as she graduate & leave the university

SA didnt make into the graduate school right?

It might be a way of her saying goodbye 

Or maybe she said goodbye to JY after that particular performance

Then they meet again later on 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
14 minutes ago, ferily said:

@Melly Trw I was wondering the same thing when JY asked to be SA accompanist and she accepted!! I was like, “wait doesn’t she have a piano accompanist already? Did she not have one before?”

Wasnt JY her accompanist? I don’t remember her firing him..

haha @Jillia you are alive!!!! :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Whatever the ending may be, I think it's going to be beautiful. We've had a lot of poetic and beautiful ending scenes, so I'm sure that we have a lot to look forward to tomorrow thanks to the writer and director, especially since it's the final episode.  

• Like 13
  • Love 5

Sorry I had to go de-stress after watching tonight's episode and couldn't live recap. I wish episode 16 could be aired literally now, so we don't have to wait anxiously until tomorrow evening. 

Uploaded part of their performance clip in HD, though twitter may have downsized the video:

Full video: https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/brahms/clip/65901/OC452274166

So we were clowned by the news articles after all. They played Sonatensatz in C minor ("Scherzo") by Brahms from the F.A.E. Sonata (Frei, aber einsam: free, but lonely), and not Brahms' Violin Sonata No. 1 (Regensonate). Will wait for subs tomorrow to find out why SA chose to play this specific Brahms composition.

About this piece: https://www.laphil.com/musicdb/pieces/3585/sonatensatz-in-c-minor-woo-2

"The Scherzo is now something of an orphan, although it was intended to be the second movement of a collaborative sonata, conceived as a welcoming gift for Joachim in Düsseldorf, with a first movement written by Albert Dietrich, the third and fourth by Robert Schumann. The recipient was asked to guess the author of each movement, which he did quite easily. (The F.A.E. of the title are the letters of Joachim’s maxim, Frei, aber einsam (Free, but lonely), and are used as notes of a motif of the sonata.)...." 

Will go back-read all of your posts now!

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 5
Just now, vangsweetie637 said:

Yep! If he plays that song associated with JK, imma kick his butt too!!

but if he plays Moonlight for SA..then SA..please take him back. This man loves you! 

Count me in! No more JK! We have enough of her alreadyMarilyn Monroe Goodbye GIF

If JY plays Moonlight Sonata..and He said I love you 3 times! No thinking needed! Take him back SA! Hes ready to be with you for the rest of his life!❤

I Love You GIF by Filmin

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Thank you for uploading the full performance @Sky8lue ! 

I wish we could get the next episode now too...

We also have the writer's promise of revealing something about SA that'll make it necessary for her to be the narrator and also her relationship with JK to look forward to ..

Thankfully it's less than 24 hours away :)

• Like 5
  • Love 6

I never knew that the trio's performance could look so sad. My heart's a bit sad for what happened to those three. 

For Joon Young playing the Moonlight Sonata: that may definitely possible. Despite the first movement's relative easiness in comparison to other piano pieces, the third movement is definitely concert pianist level. 

Another thing, the writer/director tends to use parallels, so I do think he'll play Moonlight Sonata.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

I really hope the preview is indeed misleading and Songah said the 'friend' line before Joonyoung performed his piece, and while leaving the place after wishing him, she is moved by JY playing something from his heart again.

Just like she said the way his music consoled her that day, she gets reminded of the fact that she will keep loving even after getting hurt. May be his music consoled and assured her once again. But again, this might turn out to be my wishful thinking. Aaaah, I can't stop thinking about what is going to happen :sweatingbullets:

Talking of wishful thinking, I would love to see a kiss in front of Doksugung stonewall walkway as the ending :wub:That place is witness to their promises right? Its time to fulfill those.. 

• Like 14
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
5 minutes ago, ferily said:

@annamchoi She did! She played Franck sonata but they prof. duster pressed the bell, which ended SA performance, and gave her a 50 mark

this means it was a low mark right?? Aigoo. Professor Duster..you..

:onfirex: :kicks:

i am not worried about this drama’s ending...but I will not accept a STARING CONTEST ending!!

200.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

I rewatched the preview for episode 16, and I saw an interesting comment. 

At the end of the preview, Song Ah says '안녕, 잘 지내'. 

We have two possible receivers & (thanks to the comment) two possible meanings.

As you all said, the sentence is informally said, which means that Song Ah might not say that to Joon Young on the basis that she only uses formal speech with him.

On the other hand, if she does say that to Joon Young, it might mean 'Goodbye, stay well.' However, someone pointed out that it can also mean 'Hello, how are you/are you well?' 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 9
2 minutes ago, rafeusjanela said:

I rewatched the preview for episode 16, and I saw an interesting comment. 

At the end of the preview, Song Ah says '안녕, 잘 지내'. 

We have two possible receivers & (thanks to the comment) two possible meanings.

As you all said, the sentence is informally said, which means that Song Ah might not say that to Joon Young on the basis that she only uses formal speech with him.

On the other hand, if she does say that to Joon Young, it might mean 'Goodbye, stay well.' However, someone pointed out that it can also mean 'Hello, how are you/are you well?' 

If we think that way, it could also be her pursuing the violin again maybe ?

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 4
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?
  • Admin locked and unlocked this topic