Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

@lovesparklys I like your comment on SA's situation - it hurts so much but it's true. I think SA is well aware of the fact that the professor doesn't really care about her violin playing but has chosen to un-see it because she desperately wanted to playing in an orchestra - so she's getting backlash from her own choice.

I wouldn't necessarily think that the JK's playing is better because of JY"s playing but the confidence that she has when playing with JY (I guess they have many experiences practicing together). From the master class scene, it seems like JK puts more thoughts on a piece (from the scribbles on the sheet music) compare to SA. It could be that JK grew up receiving musical education while SA has started her musical study just 8 years ago (4 yrs of trying to get in + 4 yrs of uni, minus the SRUPO time). But one would think with her love for violin, she would have learned about some of the necessary considerations while practicing a piece? 

So that brings itself to the doubt you have on SA's love for violin. I've seen another reviewer mentioning the same issue - that she can't relate to that as there's a lack of action. I think that is a flawed part of the show where I'm not sure why the writer has chosen to portray SA's love for violin mainly through just words - is it a mistake of SA or is it a mistake of the writer?

On the part where SA seems like she has never received any professional advice before - I believe she has been taught by the same professor since the past? (Not sure about this but I have a vague memory that it was mentioned before). I know nothing about the operation of musical university but I guess starting from ground zero with a professor that doesn't give constructive feedback is will not do SA any good. But that again raises the question on what has she gained from her past 4 years of uni? Could that be part of the problem of the university system?  It just left me very confused:joy:

@marsha G The part of your comment that mentioned Schumann scared me a bit (JY's hands are made of gold!). I think the members have to pay for their own meal? Maybe SA has already collected the money from the members beforehand?

PS: I wonder why HH has no screen time during the dinner as he's a member too? :sweat_smile:

Edited by Y.Q.
  • Like 12
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some scene from the previous episode and from the preview mirror eachother.   Joon Young walking down alongside the palace grounds, smiling after asking Song Ah out. Joon Young wa

So... I watched the episode raw and the last scene touched me so much! I loved how Joon Young mirrored Song Ah. Like YES! And I loved Song Ah's speech as well.   Song Ah: "Träumerei. I thou

I think I understand JK now after watching thus far... She loved HH initially and she felt satisfaction dating him... she was the talented wealthy Princess, he was a talented Celloist (even thoug

Posted Images

@lovesparklys @Y.Q. I'm wondering if SA lack of action could be due to not wanting to financially burden her parents any further than she already does? I mean except for her summer internship she doesn't work so I'm guessing her uni tuition fees are paid by her parents. Based on my experience, private tuition needed at her level is probably expensive and we know that she hasn't had the best luck with professors. She likely also has to spend money on sheet music, occasional repairs to the violin, rehairing her bow etc. While I think her family background is considered middle upper, we already know that her mom and sis disagrees with her decision to continue studying and not working too.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 4
15 minutes ago, Abirami Ramakrishnan said:

Didn't JY tell JK they can't practice at her home earlier? Why is he going to her home now? Did I miss anything??

If I remember correctly, JY mentioned that the foundation's practice room was double-booked and he doesn't really like to practice in school.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Abirami Ramakrishnan said:

Didn't JY tell JK they can't practice at her home earlier? Why is he going to her home now? Did I miss anything??

Practicing at the school made SA uncomfortable and drew a crowd also one of the pianos (looks like the one he uses most has a broken key) and the facility was booked and they cant use it when there are activities there...

1 hour ago, debbsthebee said:

@lovesparklys @Y.Q. I'm wondering if SA lack of action could be due to not wanting to financially burden her parents any further than she already does? I mean except for her summer internship she doesn't work so I'm guessing her uni tuition fees are paid by her parents. Based on my experience, private tuition needed at her level is probably expensive and we know that she hasn't had the best luck with professors. She likely also has to spend money on sheet music, occasional repairs to the violin, rehairing her bow etc. While I think her family background is considered middle upper, we already know that her mom and sis disagrees with her decision to continue studying and not working too.

I agree it could be but when has that ever stopped someone in a drama from working extra jobs to get it done even of their parents do not approve of their choices. So I am still puzzled by her and the violin.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/609/0000338663

Papago translation:

"Park Eun-bin, who is back to reality, makes a decision."
Finally, Park Eun-bin makes a decision.
Chae Song-ah's determination is depicted in the 13th episode of SBS' Monday-Tuesday drama "Do You Like Brahms?" (written by Ryu Bo-ri/directed by Cho Young-min), which airs on October 12.
Do you like brahms?' is increasing its level of immersion with the story of running toward its peak. Chae Song-ah (Park Eun-bin) knew she lacked talent, but couldn't let go of her love for the violin. However, he looked back on himself in the face of the reality that he tried to ignore.
In the last 12 episodes, Chae found out something shocking. He found out that he was not a member of Professor Lee Soo-kyung's Chamber. It was Chae Song-ah, who had been doing Lee Soo-kyung's Chamber work for granted. But Lee said, "We only collected the best kids here. I made her work as a general manager from the beginning," he said, bringing Chae from her dream to reality.
Chae Song-ah's ending, recalling the phrase, "I will go back to the beginning of the song," amplified the curiosity about what kind of determination she would make and what the next development would be. In the meantime, in the 13th episode of "Do You Like Brahms," which will air on October 12, Chae Song-ah will make a decision on her dream path.
Currently, Chae Song-ah was working on her postgraduate entrance exam with Professor Lee Soo-kyung's suggestion to play the violin for another two years. However, unlike Chae Song-ah who likes the violin and wants to be good at it, Lee Soo-kyung treated Chae as a smart assistant. Chae Song-ah, who had been running forward, could see her reality.
However, it will not be easy to let go of the dream that I desperately wanted to make mine. Chae Song-ah makes the decision she can make in the reality that she is in. What decision will Chae Song-ah make after facing her dreams and reality? Viewers have no choice but to cheer on Chae Song-ah's choice, as they know how affectionately she has loved the violin and how hurt she has been.
"Do you like Brahms?" The production team said, "Chae Song-ah doesn't run away from reality, but makes her own decisions. Please support and watch Chae Song-ah's first step to be happy and what path she will take now. (Photo = SBS 'Do you like Brahms?')

202010120920511910_1_20201012092313630.p

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10

Sounds like episode 13 will involve a lot of big decision making for both JY & SA! I'm excited, but nervous. The preview seemed to foreshadow a lot of angst. I hope that some of it can result in a least some happiness for our couple later on. Maybe in the later half of the episode...? *crosses fingers*

• Like 14
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, rukizie said:

Wow the pre-released clip looks intensed. Yess you go girl. Ask your man where the hell he were going with Jung Kyung ? 

And he's just coming in acting like nothing happened. Guess he didn't see that coming.."I saw you together in the taxi "

• Like 12
1 minute ago, Dana T said:

Hmmm...time to organize their minds.... will they take a break from each other?? He doesn't look very happy there

oh man..i like that they will make decisions but please..don’t put the relationship on hold.

stay together. Not apart.

:sweating:

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, lovesparklys said:

Hi I think that this is one reason. Another one is that the way to get into gradschool is to get a record of experience as a research assistant or graduate assistant with a professor. Depending on the school, sometimes the recommendation or agreement of the prof who will supervise the student is also needed. A lot of power rests in the prof's hands to determine the students' futures in academics. So Song Ah is quite trapped because her prof has shown herself to be the vindictive sort and will basically scuttle her chances if Song Ah leaves her. 

• Like 13
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?
  • Admin locked and unlocked this topic