[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

Thanks for sharing the Sonata @debbsthebee :)

since JK says JY is a person who expresses himself more through music rather than words .. I hope hearing JY and SA playing this happy piece will finally get her to back off.. 

I believe in one of the episodes SA mentioned she liked Brahma's violin Sonata No 1 and JK went on to explain that it was something that Brahms wrote to comfort Clara who had lost her child.. Do you know if there's any significance to the other pieces? Or any possible deeper reason to play them ?? 

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 3

Ahhh I feel you Song Ah ssi. I know that insecure and worry feelings. They make you feel unpeaceful. We've seen those hard times for both Song Ah and Joon Young. Maybe next week we'll see these two trying to move on. I want to see them together again after they're at ease. After they are healed. After they rearrange their life, career, and future. Maybe that will take long time but I think it's gonna be more meaningful than keep feeling insecure in their current relationship. It's just my opinion.

Anyway the Minseong and Song Ah moment (plus DY) was a touching moment. I feel happy to see them together again.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

42 minutes ago, Dana T said:

Ok the scene from preview of JK giving SA the cds JY made for her birthday...anyone seen that?? Not sure if maybe I missed the scene or maybe they plan on showing it later as a flashback. 

No, just finished watching ep 14..Im wondering with that scene too maybe they changes last minute? Or as you said maybe in a flashback   .

While we wait for the finale..

• Like 9

Thanks to @lovesparklys and @Jillia for the discussion on the umbrella scene. Actually every umbrella scene reminded me of the scene in the first ep where JY saw SA in the rain after the orchestra performance. 

XXle4MN.jpg

JY wanted to give her an umbrella at that time. So I actually view the umbrella scene in ep14 as a caring move as I think that's how JY is. JY always gives SA an umbrella whenever he can. I'm a little sad that SA might have viewed the move as him returning the umbrella. Why do I feel like I'm the one going through the break up ㅠㅠ

WfCDqIi.jpg

Edited by Y.Q.
Previous image too big
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Love 9

@Jillia  You mean he looks good in that outfit.... something about a man in black! FINALLY got full subs for episode 14 thought I was going to die waiting! Ok 1st JK is evil! 2nd I'm so proud of SA for speaking up and sharing her true feelings you go girl! I do wish instead of saying she heard the recording she would've told him that JK told her so he would see her true colors. Lastly....why is he so evasive jeez! Instead of his answer being she was there because she hasn't been able to completely get over her feelings...hello that sounds horrible and leaves alot to the imagination so why not just tell her about his dad asking for more $...did he forget he's already told her about that so it's no surprise. Not near as much as her seeing JK coming out of his apartment at night. His communication skills leave alot to be desired. But he looks so good in that black turtleneck I'll give him a pass this time  lol!

Actually as I was posting comment somewhere else I realized I misspoke here. She wasn't there because of the $ situation she was there because of the recording. Which he doesn't want SA to know about. He should've waited at the cafe and told her about it. That he played it at practice like he always has and someone recorded it. Which that's bad because he said he wouldn't play it again and he did but even worse than that is for SA to be told about it by JK and that he did it because he still has feelings for her. 

Edited by Dana T
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Y.Q. said:

Attempted to translate a interview with the writer.

Thank you for sharing :D  Right it is hard to know where you have the other person when they are closed off. Writer really have manage to convey this in a heartfelt way. The fact that we also see JY perspective really have made a strong and impactful narrative to show this contrast. I hope to see this come together final week to show a stronger OTP. :) 

• Like 13

Hello my Brahms crew!! Had been busy so haven’t had a chance to watch both episodes yet. Probably won’t get to it until this weekend. But loving all your insights and posts! Even the preview was hopeful.

But I did see the clip on youtube when JK talked to SA about the song and I suddenly forgot everything because:

tumblr_ly69m1fzpl1r4d3cio1_500.gifv

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

Thanks so much for the beautiful translation, @Y.Q.

I actually haven't watched episodes 13 and 14 yet (my poor heart can't take it HAHAHA) but from everything I've read and seen, I can agree that the writer portrayed the emotions beautifully! It's actually very realistic. In dramas and movies, we often see both sides, but in reality, what we often have is our own perspective. And we will keep on being unknowledgeable about the side of the other person unless we communicate. It's an important lesson we have to be reminded of again and again, as misunderstandings can easily arise in reality. 

• Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Do You Like Brahms: Episode 13-14 Open Thread

by missvictrix

Brahms1314_2A.jpg

The world of love and classical music continues to be quite tumultuous for our couple. This week, our hero is pushed into another crisis, and our heroine makes some important decisions. It was easy for our couple to fall in love, but will they be able to stick it out through all the hardships thrown their way?

EPISODES 13-14 WEECAP

Brahms1314_2.jpg

I’m not going to sugarcoat it: this was a rough week in Do You Like Brahms. If you were like me and thought we reached our lowest lows last week, you’d be wrong. I got spoiled by how well our couple was communicating — I didn’t think that there was room for yet more misunderstandings and mishandled situations to come between them. But I was sadly wrong. This week, Song-ah reached her breaking point, and a collective weep fell across the dramaverse.

Last week’s episodes ended with Song-ah witnessing Joon-young and Jung-kyung in the taxi together. To her credit, Song-ah brings this up right away to Joon-young, and is met with vague explanations and sincere apologies. It’s become their pattern — and even more so, and their holding pattern. Their relationship can’t advance because a) Joon-young can’t seem to untangle himself from Jung-kyung and b) Song-ah can’t help but notice.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/do-you-like-brahms-episode-13-14-open-thread/

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 12