[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

Park Eun Bin, Kim Min Jae, Kim Sung Cheol, And Park Ji Hyun Get Involved In Complex Relationship In “Do You Like Brahms?”

ba3547f5495845aca29a15d52f3ac02c.jpeg?s=

Sep 1, 2020
by L. Kim

SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Do You Like Brahms?” has shared new stills of the upcoming episode!

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a romance drama about talented classical music students chasing love, happiness, and their dreams. Kim Min Jae stars as world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young, while Park Eun Bin plays Chae Song Ah, a violinist who sets out to pursue her love of music later in life than her peers. Kim Sung Cheol and Park Ji Hyun portray Park Joon Young’s close friends Han Hyun Ho and Lee Jung Kyung, respectively.

Spoiler

In the first episode, Chae Song Ah spontaneously asked Park Joon Young if he likes Brahms. Park Joon Young answered he doesn’t like Brahms and described the composer’s love as “unfulfilled,” referring to his love triangle with Robert and Clara Schumann.

The new stills show Park Joon Young playing Robert Schumann’s “Traumerei” in front of Chae Song Ah, Han Hyun Ho, and Lee Jung Kyung. Chae Song Ah watches him with a mixture of fascination and sadness, whereas Lee Jung Kyung stares at him with a cold and aloof expression. Meanwhile, Han Hyun Ho is leaning forward with intrigued eyes. Viewers are curious about what this song means to Park Joon Young and who he is playing this piece for.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1422891wpp/park-eun-bin-kim-min-jae-kim-sung-cheol-and-park-ji-hyun-get-involved-in-complex-relationship-in-do-you-like-brahms

Kim Min Jae And Park Eun Bin Get Closer As They Test Their Teamwork In “Do You Like Brahms?”

b140384ee56645cc893aa65b0627642a.jpeg?s=

Sep 1, 2020
by S. Nam

SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Do You Like Brahms?” released new stills of Park Eun Bin and Kim Min Jae!

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a romance drama about talented classical music students chasing love, happiness, and their dreams. Kim Min Jae will star as world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young, while Park Eun Bin will play Chae Song Ah, a violinist who sets out to pursue her love of music later in life than her peers.

Spoiler

Previously, Park Joon Young and Chae Song Ah left unforgettable first impressions on each other. Chae Song Ah, who doesn’t have a knack for violin despite wanting to pursue it, cried after seeing Park Joon Young’s piano performance.

In the upcoming episode, Chae Song Ah will act as a page turner for Park Joon Young. As someone who turns the sheet music for a musician, a page turner’s teamwork with the musician is very important, drawing curiosity about the chemistry Chae Song Ah and Park Joon Young will showcase.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1422833wpp/kim-min-jae-and-park-eun-bin-get-closer-as-they-test-their-teamwork-in-do-you-like-brahms

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Oh wow. What a lovely drama. For me it was just one of many upcoming dramas. I didn't expect it to be so beautifully crafted.

I love the whole atmosphere, the usage of music. It is always a great sign when you have characters perform music in a drama and they don't drown it with a ost. The violin piece Tzigane in episode 2 worked wonderfully to capture the tension with its haunting motive. 

And i love how the acting and writing for those scenes is quite restrained. You have those moments where the little girl asks her whether she is good at playing the violin. Or all those little moments between the leads. And they really feel like little moments. There is no 10 second slowmotion when they meet eyes. And i liked those moments where it is the music that connects them. Which is probably and hopefully a theme that continues. She as a relatively mediocre violinist who just loves to play and him who only plays for competitions and wants to find his love for music again.

I thought her character is quite interesting. We are very used to the struggling female lead in kdramas. Usually kdramas love to indulge in the misery until things finally start to turn around (when the guy shows up). But i thought it is interesting how she is just mediocre or good (she is a student at Sungkyunkwan after all). But there isn't really a clear perspective. Not just for her but for a lot of her fellow students. Only very few can make it into a professional orchestra. She even already has a degree vom Sungkyunkwan. Still relatable struggles without putting her in this harsh place where everyone stomps on her. Which was a little bit of a worry when they introduced her with her timid personality. And her name.. :D  But the colleagues at the foundation seem pretty nice. And it's not like she doesn't get any opportunities because she doesn't speak up or something like that.

For the male lead. I guess he had to be a genius artist. A kdrama where the guy has to struggle with mediocricy is hard to imagine. But i liked that they kept things relatively restrained. He is not the talent of the century. And he is not the jerk prodigy. I actually really liked the subtleness of his gestures when he helped her with her white lies etc.

Otherwise there isn't that much to be said about him at this point. Family problems with his irresponisble (or even abusive?) father. Then his struggles to keep performing and loneliness.

And the love triangle. 

Which is one of the biggest worries for the drama. The drama could really lose its tracks with all those potentially messy relationships. But from i've seen so far i am optimistic.

For the 2nd FL i just hope to see a well written character for once. There have been so many dramas recently where this kind of character ends up being flat. Her as the "failed" child prodigy might be an interesting approach. And i liked that little moment where she helped the talented younger violinist. Please don't just break down everything about her to her moms death.

• Like 6

Song Ah and JYP's awkwardness is uber cute.

Song Ah's name suit her, she's so meek LoL. I like that JYP is tryin' to get close to her. But I have a feeling the violin maker likes her..? What's the deal with Jung Kyung?!? If you don't like the guy just set boundaries. Why act like a jealous gf LoL? 

I guess guys dig that whole ice princess shtick but she's so..boring LoL. And ugh Song Ah's colleague, Hae Na (more like hyena!) should have her lips glued shut ugh! 

• Like 5

I’m glad that lady who was at the violin recital gave advice to Joon Yong. I think it was needed since he probably felt a little discouraged after hearing what that intern said about his playing. People need to realize that in this vast world there will always be somebody who is better at something than they are. So what will they do after they encounter somebody who does it better? Quit? 

Hyeon Ho seems deeply in love with Jung Kyung. I was getting annoyed with him in the beginning scene where he sat with Joon Yong in the park. I wondered why everything he said relates back to Jung Kyung. However, after their backstory later in the episode, I realized he’s very much in love with his girlfriend. I just hope Joon Young will eventually get over her. I don’t like the way she does things. It’s like she wants to engage and keep Joon Young’s attention as well.

I’m looking forward to Joon Young and Song Ah becoming friends. Joon Young seems very lonely. Song Ah seems very shy. Maybe getting to know each other will them to grow as individuals and musicians. I don’t know what’s up with troublesome parents abounding in Korean drama but I hope Joon Young doesn’t have to keep getting saddled with his parents foolish financial decisions. It sounds like his father is an irresponsible person.

• Like 9

Last night watched ep 2 and totally in on this drama.

As others have said, I am loving our OTP. @Fabbo Mentioned alot of points I agree on the FL and some moments in the drama.

I liked how Seong Ah requested the song and Joon Young was able to play it even if just once. He was sweet to take the coffee (switch with SA) that was half spilt. I liked how he went to SA asking her to help and helping her feel calm to be a page turner.

I liked that after that Awkward moment at the music store when her classmate made that rude comment on Joon Young, he was still nice and not rude to her (then again she did not make those rude comments but still).

Not liking Jung Kyung stringing along Joon Young. She knows he likes her and she is toying with him. Glad Joon Young told her to not do it and that it is NOT funny. Your insecurities and unhappiness should not be put on Joon Young (who already has alot on his plate). Supporting his family and now in a kind of reset/slump (perhaps) and dealing with the solitude of competing and touring. I liked how Seong Ah echoed what was said to Joon Young  about not worrying about the judgements and what others think. Reach for to get 1-2 people giving you a 10's rather then everyone giving you medicre 6-7's. So when Seong Ah told him she was moved by his performance of Schumann's pieces was lovely. 

@nat_phoenix88  I too googled a bit of this love triangle as well.

@Niel2804 The relationship chart did not say (love lines) but just how they are interconnected. I found that interesting. Still Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bi are so visually stunning together. I cannot get over she is 29 and he is 23. Their shy awkwardness works and loving how they are aware of each other. @Latte_Anyday Totally agree!

@loopo I do heart Seong Ah's crush with CEO /Sunbae Dong Yoon. Yes I LOVED the clip when he tells her to say I love you three times to your violin. He is sweet and he does care for her. I wonder if he reciprocates her feelings but just did not do anything.I mean who OFFERS to tutor teach just like that? I know you can be a sweet and nice guy but STILL a chunk of time of your life. When she asked him to fix her violin he asked to have her go to the airport to pick him up!? Me thinks he liked her enough to ask her to SEE her lovely friendly face first thing after landing! I mean he was going to eat with her and did not REACH out to anyone . Plus her going to the gathering late and her bff Min Sung wondering why she could not contact her. (Must be hard to harbor feelings for someone your BFF loves/likes and you do too). He is handsome, gentle and has a nice vibe.

I am excited about next episode that Joon Young says to Seon Ah to be "friends" is awesome. I liked she went back and sat and talked with him . They are just adorbs and I like the possibility of them being together. 

Jung Kyung is jealous and doesn't want ANYONE near him or if she won't have him, she has the vibe she doesn't want anyone with him. JK did not like it when Hyun Ho mentioned SA and JY looked cute together as he was performing and she was page turning for him.

SA is sensitive on the uptake between this trios vibe at that awkward first meeting (official) at the Foundation (not the airport).

• Like 7

Dylb trending on twitter because of Chen ost hehe 

Spoiler

Kocowa upload some scenes also in engsub

Spoiler

Minho support truck for sungcheol 

And I just realized the name of this thread. Cmiiw but if I'm not mistaken, dylb airing time back to 10.00 p.m? As same as before rdtk2 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like this drama. I just watched the first two episodes. I think Seong Ah and Joon Young are very much suited with each other and I am glad that they are starting the relationship as friends.

I love to hear pieces of classical music as well.  I will look forward to the next episodes.

Do You Like Brahms? OST part 1

20200901093736_1504720_960_960.jpg

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=186643

Punch- Close to Me

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Nodame said:

@loopo I do heart Seong Ah's crush with CEO /Sunbae Dong Yoon. Yes I LOVED the clip when he tells her to say I love you three times to your violin. He is sweet and he does care for her. I wonder if he reciprocates her feelings but just did not do anything.I mean who OFFERS to tutor teach just like that? I know you can be a sweet and nice guy but STILL a chunk of time of your life. When she asked him to fix her violin he asked to have her go to the airport to pick him up!? Me thinks he liked her enough to ask her to SEE her lovely friendly face first thing after landing! I mean he was going to eat with her and did not REACH out to anyone . Plus her going to the gathering late and her bff Min Sung wondering why she could not contact her. (Must be hard to harbor feelings for someone your BFF loves/likes and you do too). He is handsome, gentle and has a nice vibe.

exactly, that guy is extra swoony TBH AHHAHA but still that scene still rings in my head, it made me pause the scene (something i dont really do) and just squealed my heart away AHHAHAH

• Like 2

@Jillia, nice catch with that quintet gif. The pain of unrequited love and misunderstandings. Well, I think Joon Young and Song Ah give off the same kind of melancholy and quietness. I would really like to see them come alive and hopefully that will be through music, friendship and if it’s their mutual wish, love. 

• Like 2

You know this drama 

Had both beauty in 

Park eun bin and Park ji hyun 

It is a treat to watch. 

Now let see the characters 

I think Jun young had fair confuse in feeling for jun kyung because of the accident jun kyung mother got that in return give the pianist place to jun young and he can rise to stardom. But in return for the stardom he lost everything. His happiness his sleep his friend. What left is just.... the stardom which is now in threaten because he only place 2nd place while other pianist got 1st so now he is in position where everything is going wrong for him with no stable family,losing stardom,and ofcourse losing his crush to his friend and need to take it up on his own with noone to share his burden feeling and anxious. 

But now he got a breath of fresh air which is chae song ah. 

She is also not one who got no trouble.

She got a lot aswell.

She got a crush with her best friend ex which is also her best friend aswell. She is not that amazing with violin which in turn people look down on her. She also got a lot of critics from family and friends for pursuing violin. She also took it up on her own. She cant really share the burden with anyone either. 

But now two hurt person meet together and now this can be a healing drama where both lead heal each other wound. 

I think the most anticipated to do the most damage is ofcourse junkyung. As we can see she aint happy when junyoung is with song ah. 

She is in position where she want to hold both men for herself? Thats not good tho and really unhealthy

• Like 5

Great seeing friends in this forum here! Love it!

@Samuel Yohanes So agree the stunning visuals in this drama. Sigh.

@Jillia Love your gif---wow so good and yeah so meaningful.

It is a SMALL world that both our OTP meetup at Incheon not knowingly. How their paths connect again unknowingly. Joon Young unknowingly like a moth to a flame flickering interest and awareness of Seong Ah (her poor name sounding like an apology--what a pain indeed). Loved how he knocked the music sheet so the conductor could stop digging at her, his wanting to give an umbrella (though he did not know her well), his doing a white lie about performing to her BFF when she did not perform). Their awkward meeting up at Incheon waiting for their friends. His cute sweet gesture to drink from the coffee (that was half spilt). Or how he noticed her looking uncomfortable and cramped standing outside the bar (instead of going straight in). Their cute moment when they both realized they were waiting for the other to hail a cab and leave. LOL. I loved how she ended up helping turn the pages of at the performance and how he looked so handsome walking up to her to ask for that favor. Or that touch of their hands while turning pages (pangs of awareness of the other). 

@celebrianna I agree our OTP give the similar vibe so excited to see their journey to get to know each other , become friends (next week) and maybe more.

In my Korean language group, we discussed how "friends" in Korea is so strict only if you are "same age". Friends how we see it in the West can be any age with that age limit/restriction. But in the script they are same age so can be "friends" so they will be on their own after Seong Ah's boss pushed for them to be friends at that party at the bar. Def awkward for both but then did not hurt to see them both look---oh we are same age? Hehehe.

@loopo I agree I already watched that scene many times too. Just so sweet how he said "I love you" and Seong Ah was startled until he finished his thought. Still Seong Ah looked sweet and lovingly at her violin and wistfully at CEO Dong Yoon Sunbae too. Sigh.

Excited for next week and love the classical music played in this drama. Love how the actors worked hard to be realistic. I must admit I was impressed by Park Eun Bi's violin playing and when I read she played it you can tell. I played briefly the violin and seeing her fingering on the instrument matching with the strokes by the bow---I was even more enamored with her dedication to the role.  I still cannot believe she is 28/29. Min Jae is so handsome and love his voice. He brings a great sadness you feel. I hope this rest he is refreshed and gets excited about music.

The fact Seong Ah mentioned he should think about what HE liked about it. I liked she was truthful saying while good her heart moved with his private performance of Traumerei.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

10 minutes ago, loopo said:

im still not ready for song ah heartbreak next week (sob my ship is sinking faster than the speed of light)

At least she have Joon young to cheer her up. ^_^ 

I am happy they are heading into a more healthy friendship with each other. I really hope writer are not gonna make the love triangles more messy than it is and the main focus is seeing both moving away from the triangle both in body and mind. Also hope Jung Kyung is not gonna turn into the typical second lead that mess with the lead just because she cant figure out her own feelings. 

• Like 5

Park Eun Bin’s One-Sided Love Faces A Turning Point After A Conversation With Bae Da Bin In “Do You Like Brahms?”

d23a5825be234943b30f3010cee06e24.jpeg?s=

Sep 4, 2020
by S. Nam

SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?” released new stills of Park Eun Bin and Bae Da Bin!

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a romance drama about talented classical music students chasing love, happiness, and their dreams. Kim Min Jae stars as world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young, while Park Eun Bin plays Chae Song Ah, a violinist who sets out to pursue her love of music later in life than her peers.

Spoilers

Chae Song Ah secretly harbors one-sided feelings for her friend Yoon Dong Yoon (Lee Yoo Jin). Yoon Dong Yoon is special to Chae Song Ah because he was the first to encourage Chae Song Ah’s dream when everyone else was against her pursuing music. Eventually, Yoon Dong Yoon’s warmth caused Chae Song Ah to develop feelings for him.

However, Chae Song Ah was unable to confess because of her other close friend Kang Min Sung (Bae Da Bin). Kang Min Sung briefly dated Yoon Dong Yoon during her college days, but she still has feelings for him even though she pretends not to. Chae Song Ah has chosen to keep her feelings hidden in order to protect their friendship.

In the upcoming episode, a turning point will occur in Chae Song Ah’s life. The newly released teaser depicts Chae Song Ah laughing and talking with Kang Min Sung like usual. In this scene, Chae Song Ah will open up about her hidden feelings towards Yoon Dong Yoon. With Kang Min Sung near tears and Chae Song Ah appearing to be at a loss, viewers are curious to find out what the two friends said.

Park-Eun-Bin-Bae-Da-Bin.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1423586wpp/park-eun-bins-one-sided-love-faces-a-turning-point-after-a-conversation-with-bae-da-bin-in-do-you-like-brahms

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Jillia yes yes, I saw teasers and first script reading has been subbed tho. I wonder if they don't accept fansub anymore because there is fan who uploaded her subtitle file but didn't accepted by them.. 

Yoon Chan-young cameo, the actor acted in writer-pd combo before, everything and nothing 

• Like 1

Kim Min Jae And Park Eun Bin Become Closer In Upcoming Episode Of “Do You Like Brahms?”

48fe5a90d7084728b16668772939cdc6.png?s=9

Sep 5, 2020
by R. Jun

SBS’s new drama “Do You Like Brahms?” has revealed new stills of Park Eun Bin and Kim Min Jae.

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a romance drama about talented classical music students chasing love, happiness, and dreams. Kim Min Jae stars as world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young, while Park Eun Bin plays Chae Song Ah, a violinist who sets out to pursue her love of music later in life than her peers.

In the latest stills, we see Chae Song Ah and Park Joon Young standing together in the rain, seeming to have become closer than before. The two gaze intently at each other, communicating much through their eyes alone and leaving viewers curious as to what’s next.

The next episode of “Do You Like Brahms?” airs September 7 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1423715wpp/kim-min-jae-and-park-eun-bin-become-closer-in-upcoming-episode-of-do-you-like-brahms

@Jillia

Yeah knowing the full piece gives more context to the scene. The piece starts with a long solo for the violin which they mostly skipped in the drama. The whole piece is made to showcase virtuous violin play. He really is just there to accompany the girl. 

• Thanks 1