[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요? - Mon & Tue @ 21:40 KST

Naver trending list at some time

Spoiler

Also

Even hours after it ended

Dylb ost on melon

They entered top 100 videos

Opening

Is it joonyoungs dad shadow?

Spoiler

More contents from minjae and eunbin agencies 

B.dabinzzz insta 

Media pics of their departing from radio guesting

Eunbin said she was expecting 6% as rating for first broadcast https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/312/0000455912

and national rating reached 5.3 (seoul/metropolitan reached 6.2 based on Nielsen site

https://www.nielsenkorea.co.kr/tv_terrestrial_day.asp?menu=Tit_1&sub_menu=1_1&area=01&begin_date=20200831 ) for 2nd part also highest peak on 7 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/312/0000455912

• Like 3

The Rachmaninov piece that Park Joon Young played with the orchestra took me back to Chiaki senpai playing the same piece with an orchestra in Japanese anime Nodame Cantabile. It’s such a beautiful piece of music. 

Well, it seems that Park Joon Young is in love with his best friend’s fiancée? I didn’t know that there’s a story about Johannes Brahms, Robert Schumann and Clara Schumann where basically the same relationship dynamic was suspected. I guess that’s where the question “Do you like Brahms?” becomes the title since Chae Song Ah poses the question to Park Joon Young and he responded that he didn’t like Brahms and it seems he never plays Brahms music. Interesting. I hope by the end of the drama he plays Brahms music. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

The Rachmaninov piece that Park Joon Young played with the orchestra took me back to Chiaki senpai playing the same piece with an orchestra in Japanese anime Nodame Cantabile. It’s such a beautiful piece of music. 

Coincidence or not but

ㅋㅋㅋ I think I also read same reaction from a viewer on twitter. The piece reminds her/him of chiaki senpai

Here another piece played last night

Some subbed videos 

Spoiler

I don't have idea about what the pic says but it's about the writer? 

• Like 3

I'm not a fan of classical music but this reminds me of "Naeil Cantabile". I'm watchin' this mainly for Kim Min Jae eheheh.:kiss_wink: Eun Bin look pretty with long hair. Lovin' both their chemistry. 

Her name's sort of unfortunate LoL. It comes across as her apologising but that's her name.:joy: I liked how Joon Young (he's JYP ha-ha) was nice to cover for Song Ah in front of her best friend by not embarrassing her further.. 

I hope it's not goin' to turn into a sad melodrama.:cry:    

:w00t: I looked up what Naeil Cantabile was and it’s basically the SK adaptation of Japanese manga Nodame Cantabile. While I have never watched the SK adaptation, I  have watched the Japanese anime several times and I just love the music in the anime and watching Chiaki’s story more so than Nodame’s story. He was a consummate musical protege and worked really hard to become a orchestra conductor. 

It looks like Joon Young is suffering a set back according to what the rude orchestra conductor was saying while gossiping about Joon Young because he refused to team up with him again. I like that Joon Young refused him. 

• Love 1

I probably wouldn't have watched this if there weren't great casting because I'm not into musical-theme drama. But the cast seriously made me watch this. Sign me in!

I already fell for the quirky yet cute chemistry between the leads. I can't wait to hear Sung Chul voice (but he's not a singer here, I guess he won't sing hmm). The tone, the vibe, the mood, the ambience.. this drama is mesmerizing. And it's kinda interesting to see each of our lead loveline. One likes his best friend's girl. The other one likes her best friend (+also her best friend's ex). 

• Like 1

Waving hello to friendly names I see here in this forum! 

I have been waiting for this drama and I adored Nodame Contable--manga,live version and korean adapted drama.  Ahem my ID name is "Nodame"

When I went to Japan eons ago, they had the Nodame OST and key chain. I had to buy it then. I have good memories of this drama and manga.

-Glad to see classical music in this drama and I played violin while younger for a few  years

-the OTP are so cute and glad to see the ML finally BE a ML (yeah!) Love the FL too!

-Just beautiful visuals, stunning music and poor FL name---ugggh . The ugly conductor hearing needs to be fixed. 

Just wanted to say hi but LOVED ep 1 and def on for the RIDE!

OST song

• Like 3

Ep 3 preview

Spoiler

Found this cute interview where our OTP are interviewing each other

Sorry no subs.

Edited by Nodame
added ep 2 clips
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OMG THE CHAE SONG AH JOKE HAHAHA THAT RickRoll'D IS SO FUNNY

wow we got evil ceo from was it love in this drama too. hopefully she is a good character here.

park eun bin is such a beauty here love it with the long hair

i am actually sold with this drama haha

sbs is on a roll 

two drama premiering ( alice and do you like brahms ) and i love both premise 

btw 

is chae song ah like do hyun but she dont pursue it because her friend still like him and whats with jun young? interesting part tho feels like she in 2 minds haha

and the brahms story.. tbh i dont follow musical but its a new fact for me lol. such a sad story indeed 

and the ost omg it is so good.. i see bright future for this drama too

finally waiting for ep 2 !! 

• LOL 1

@lightbringer06 Our OTP is not OTP just yet. I feel writer nim is establishing the story.

From ep 1, they are setting it up that both are in love triangles.

I think from HIGHLIGHTS and preview ep 3 (I have not seen ep 2 yet as at work still) they are charmed by each other with beginnings and glimmers of awareness.  I saw them from  the RAW ep 2 clips.

@Samuel Yohanes Hi good to see you here! Yes our OTP are handsome and pretty. PEB is so pretty and I agree even more so with her long hair too.

Actress as evil Jennifer Song (I did see her and think hope she is nice here). Seems like she is 360 as PEB Internship boss here in this drama. Already in ep 1 she let her practice in the rehearsal room. Then called her when she forgot that she promised her the room and gave it to ML pianist.

Yup CSA did not pursue her crush and supporter/violin teacher due to her BFF who dated him and they broke up. The pained look on CSA face as they hung out (after her "concert") saying though they are separate her BFF still pines for her ex and told her to never tell her ex her true feelings. So CSA is just stuck liking him but unable to act due to her loyalty to her BFF.

I did not know the story about Brahms being single and in love with Clara his friends wife of Schumamn. 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2003/apr/26/classicalmusicandopera.artsfeatures2#:~:text=In 1855 Johannes Brahms,but think of you...&text=Clara was 35%2C Brahms 21,pair had seven young children.

In Ep 1 I enjoyed that both OTP are aware of each other.

ML when he deliberately dropped the book of music from his piano to distract the rude conductor to CSA.

Then later he saw her standing in the rain hiding and he aske for an umbrella but later saw CSA go to the corner market and stopped. Then later you see them --she is about to fetch him to go to the meal and he arrives. he kindly stands outside with her as she is trying to uncramp her legs. (I am not going to lie, I dislike siting like that when i was at old places to eat in Korea with no chairs.) Or when he kindly said good job ---to CSA in front of her BFF (even though he KNEW she did not perform).

The meal when the boss (Jennifer Song actress here) telling ML and FL to be friends as they are the same age. LOl. The twtittering of all the orchestra members before ML came in to rehearsal on how handsome and he is the pride of Korea and is their sunbae from college. Or them bumping into each other at the airport (ending of ep 1).

Sadness for the ML  to see how his mom did not want to go in to the reception and ending her off. Then FL CSA having her harsh mom and sister looking down at her and then digging into the dad for being supportive of her go do violin. He is then a bit sheepish. Poor SA.

She cannot get a break after the rude dismissal and humiliating talking down from that conductor. Glad that the ML politely told him he was not performing and later he heard the conductor back mouthing him.  Sour grapes. Hearing gossip from classmates wondering what she will do but they don't feel comfortable to ask her though they are curious.

Looking forward to ep 2, I find it a very visually appealing drama, pretty cast and lovely music. 

• Like 4

this drama feels like two people who got caught in a love triangle and both healing their feeling together. 

like it yes you can be friend first and then be together toward the end thats cool for me haha

many people maybe thought their interaction is akward but for me it is possible for two shy person that is not active when interact with each other become something like this. so in here i hope we can see the growth of their relationship from stranger to coincidential meeting to friendship to love line. yes organic growth instead of out of nowhere loveline that had 0 buildup

• Like 3

So this is a first with K-drama i think, with both the ML and FL being in one-sided crush love-triangles, and not pursuing it due to their best friends.

Usually in a drama with such a lead, its the other lead, not in a love triangle who first realizes they are in love, since most of the leads in the love triangle fail to realize that they have fallen for a different person. But in this case, both of them are in such as situation. 

So i'm curious on who everyone thinks is gonna be the first to realize their feelings and confess/act on their feelings (hugs/kisses)? Is it gonna be Park Joon Young or Chae Song Ah?

• Like 1

WOW just finished watching both episodes. Episode 1 was good, it introduced the characters properly but I loved EPISODE 2 more and the scene that stands out the most if the "I love you" scene to the violin, I WAS SCREAMING HAAHAHAHA I WASN'T READY (seriously I was screaming and I think the whole house heard me). 

The way they use music to set the tone is just good and it really compliments the screen and affects the mood and emotions being portrayed as if the viewer can hear the emotions they want to portray. CANT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE.

P.S. AS MUCH AS I LOVE THE LEADS (i really do), I REALLY SHIP SONG-AH AND THE CEO FRIEND, GOSH THEY'RE STORY IS JUST KQJFWBIEQWBIF (PURE KDRAMA MADNESS) AND I WANT MORE OF IT, IM SO READY FOR IT (NQEOIFNOWIEN)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I'm honestly not a fan of the love triangles/unrequited love trope. I hope the writer will allow the two of them to grow quickly toward each other and have a strong friendship that can weather what will inevitably come at them. I'm sure we will have Jung Kyung being jealous and trying to interfere and I assume Joon Young will be hit with fallout from his friend when he finds out the woman he loves is in love with Joon Young.

What I love is their awkward interactions. They obviously want to be friends and are intrigued with each other but they just don't know quite how to interact yet. It's so adorable. 

The first two episodes were solid and gave me A Piece of Your Mind vibes. I just hope the ratings stay good so we don't have a show that's cut short.

It does crack me up that they have Min Jae's character as 29. That baby face doesn't look a day over 25! 

• Like 3

I really enjoy the first episode of do you like brahms, i watch it for Park Eun Bin and Kim Seong Cheol, but the Chemistry between Eun Bin and Kim Min Jae are strong.

Gonna admit i am little disappointed that there is no loveline between Eun Bin, Min Jae and Seong Cheol, but i think i just diggin my own grave if it really happen. 

i heard that there is no loveline between the leads based on the relationship chart but when i watch first episode i thought, no way there is no loveline between the leads when their encounter and their lines hinted a possible loveline. 

i am gonna watch the second episode today, wish me luck 

• Like 1