[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

18 minutes ago, rafeusjanela said:

Everything that I wanted to say about episode 7 and 8 has been said in this forum, aaaaand I'm also hung up on that last scene *squeals*, sooooo no long comment for now.

Just wanted to share this! I saw a photo posted by Park Eun Bin's agency (Namoo Actors), and Song Ah has a different (i think it's different, the violin case she has now is white) violin case. [i saw the photo on instagram, and song ah is wearing a red dress; can't link the photo for some reason, sorry!] Her violin case in the photo was silver! 

Will there be a time skip? Ooor maybe the case is a gift from Joon Young. Whatever the reason, there's a lot we can look forward to when it comes to our Dimple Couple! Yay!!

Her hair looks short too. I wonder is it a flashback or time skip?
Please dont use such a long time skip

My heart cant stand with such ending:cry:

• Like 4

Ah, I also just realized this as well! Joon Young said "wait for me" or something along those lines a lot of times in the past two episodes, and I think the writer made it that way because it also felt like he was telling the viewers to wait as well. Haha! Glad we all waited. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, SakuraC said:

Her hair looks short too. I wonder is it a flashback or time skip?
Please dont use such a long time skip

My heart cant stand with such ending

I think it's a flashback.. Didn't SA have wavy hair during her time as a business undergrad? I think she had shorter and wavy hair when DY met SA at the SRUPO club room (ep 5). 

I really hope it's a flashback though... I can't stand it if it's a time skip, especially if our Dimple Couple breaks up (goshh.. I hope it really won't come to this. But if they do, it better be for a reason we all can understand).

:cries:

• Like 2

Okay after watching all 8 episodes, I am sort of loving the show. It is slow, but in a good way. I actually was hesitant in watching it, didn't watch the first 4 episodes, but after speaking to @Jillia and @larus I decided to give it a go, and was not really disappointed. 

What I actually loved about this drama is they are showing us even the talented ones struggle, its just we don't know. Many think since Joon Young is a world famous Pianist, he must be well off, but in reality it has been the opposite. Many think that since the main music trio are talented and at least two of them were child prodigy, they must be happy with it and are really successful, but in reality we are seeing all three of them struggling. Jung Kyung having failed to live upto the expectations which actually must have been a heavy burden to carry for her when she was young. We have seen Hyun Ho also struggle, having being the weakest among the three in terms of performance. And well we have already seen Joon Young expressing his displeasures over having participated in several competitions and not really liking those competitions. 

Coming to Song Ah, she seems to be a shy girl, having chosen a path which even she does not seem to be sure of, but does dream for it. We see almost everyone in her family not really supporting her decision, after doing graduation in business, except for her father, who also does seem to be not sure about her abilities, but wants her to happy in whatever she does. Plus, she actually is not really good, at least as far as grades matter and we see her constantly being placed in last in the Orchestra seating arrangement. Since she is also not from a music background, and well doing the undergrad course in Music after doing graduation in other course, we also she teachers sort of not really being fond of her. 

Now if we were to talk about the personalities of Joon Young and Song Ah, they seem to be similar in many ways. Both are not really expressive and suppress their emotions quite a lot. Both have sort of suffered because of it since they didn't really express their feelings for the person they loved, and were a bystander in that person's relationship with their closer friend. This actually is playing quite an important role in their relationship, we see Song Ah immediately express her feelings for him, in an attempt to not repeat the mistake which committed before. And well, after taking some time, we see Joon Young kiss Song Ah, after seeing her sort of suffer from his meetings with Jung Kyung, about who Song Ah knows what she meant to Joon Young. To me Joon Young's kiss also seemed like his way of not repeating the same mistake twice. It's always about the right time, and it seemed to have missed in his case and Jung Kyung's, which was same with Song Ah's case. So both of them took the initiative in their own way, Song Ah with her words and Joon Young who is not really good with words, with his action.  

What is important now, is that how they'll continue their relationship. It might be good for both of them, but the relationship might also prove to be a bit not so beneficial for them. We have seen the music Prof. warning Joon Young to stay away from Song Ah, if not for himself, at least for her. Song Ah will get unwanted attention, from the University people (students and Profs combined) and also media for dating a world famous artist, and the fact that she is not so good student, may add fuel to the fire and she might be accused of going after a successful guy with not so good intentions. Plus as the Prof had said, if he plays with her in her recital, it will drift away the attention to him than her, and she will be judged as compared to him and also not get much appreciation for her good performance, because Joon Young will be the one getting most compliments for it. Plus we'll also be seeing certain jealous girls out there, spreading rumors against Song Ah, which will eventually hurt both Song Ah and Joon Young. 

As for Joon Young too, he'll get media unwanted attention for dating a simple student. This attention might also act as a disturbance to his preparation for the competition he is preparing for. Plus the new manager guy, who I really disliked since the start, he always gave the backstabber vibes to me. So this new manager of his, will not really be happy with their relationship, as he had already said, Joon Young has got the looks and thus has many female fans. Him dating, will not really be well received by those female fans and he might use his own methods to bring an end to their relationship. Most easiest one being speaking directly to Song Ah and explaining to her how she'll be hurting Joon Young's already downfallen career, which might make us see Song Ah sacrificing her feelings for Joon Young and breaking up with him. 

Jung Kyung and Hyun Ho do come a long way, so we really might see them reconciling. To me it seems like, Jung Kyung started worrying after seeing Joon Young getting closer to Song Ah and doing things for her, which he would not normally do. She never cared about Joon Young much and his feelings, since she had an idea that he would continue to love her, even while she was with Hyun Ho, which actually happened, and didn't care much about it. But when she saw his feelings drifting away from her, she started worrying and those worrying feelings are what she has misunderstood to be real feelings for him. Had she really loved him, I don't think it actually makes sense for her being with Hyun Ho, just because Joon Young didn't express his feelings for her. Dating someone for 10 years and suddenly breaking up can never happen so easily. I expect her to struggle having broken with Hyun Ho too. We did see her being mean to Hyun Ho, in fact too mean and also lying about sleeping with Joon Young after meeting him in his performance, in order to make it easier for Hyun Ho to forget her, in my opinion and she does hurt him. Which she realizes after the small talk with her father and immediately goes to apologize to him. Let's see how both of them will do. I see Hyun Ho majorly blaming Joon Young for all this and also blaming himself as he did nothing when Jung Kyung openly told him she is having second thoughts. 

Jung Kyung as an instructor, seems talented to me. She pointing out mistakes, correcting them in her "master test" or whatever it is called, seemed very natural to me. We've got to see about Hyun Ho too, but I think we'll be seeing Jung Kyung becoming the Professor. I think we'll be seeing everyone getting to the position they really want to reach, Jung Kyung wanted to be a Prof, since the start, having suffered from not living up to the mark as Violinist and being called Angel with broken Wings. On the other hand, Hyun Ho wants to keep up with his friends, so we'll see whether he'll be the one achieving that post or Jung Kyung, or maybe none of them get it.  

So far the drama has done really good in my opinion. It is showing both sides of coins. Struggles of really talented people who have achieved a lot in their field, which is usually not much noticed by people and many deny to even believe it to be true. And the problems faced by the people who not really have talent, but have got dreams and work hard to achieve it, despite being the weakest performer, which is usually something talented people do not understand and do not acknowledge such people. Many of them believe you either need to have Music background or talent to be eligible to be in this field, and thus we are getting to see the struggles of people not falling in both categories first hand. Seeing how well they have till now shown the both sides of coin is what has made me continue watching it. 

• Like 12
  • Insightful 1

Quoted from Dramabeans:

After watching this clip for the billionth time…just wanted to underline the four different levels of “I like you” by Joon Young.

“좋아해요.” – “I like you.” Realising his feelings and confessing.

“좋아한다고요.” – “(I said) I like you.” Confirming his feelings so that Song Ah knows he means it.

“좋아해.” – “I like you.” Used in Banmal (informal form), an indication that he wants their relationship to be closer and my favourite declaration out of the four because it felt a little desperate, as if he was desperate for Song Ah to know.

“좋아해요.” – “I like you.” Then going back to polite form, as if he realised his slip up, which I found cute.

:evilelmo:

• Like 12
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

On 9/22/2020 at 3:29 PM, heartoppaya said:

I’ve been on soompi for over 7 years and still only Kim Min Jae was able to give me butterflies with that voice of his.

You haven't watched "My Ajusshi"? I don't think there is a sexier voice in dramaland, than Lee Sun kyung's... 

But if you are young, I have to agree... Kim Min jae's will be the deal. 

Still, I recommend you to watch my Ajusshi... just, not now... because it is a drama with a darker mood. 

Greetings! 

• Like 6

Ahjusshi is too dark for me and I practically read the whole series recaps. Lee Sun Kyung is The Voice  but he has never inspired any heart melting drama moments for me. His acting is excellent and I loved his wife in her current and previous drama.

However. And I say this even though LMK is young to me and boyish as well; he gives out the romance lead vibes. Even when he was not being romantic in Romantic Doctor Kim 1 and 2. And in the Flower Boy agency drama.

I want  LSK to be the reassuring psychiatrist, the caring class teacher, the loving father, the mad genius physicist, the travel guide, the judge or anything projecting a fatherly and protective sort of role.

Kim Min Jae is the  celeb in sunglasses walking through the mass in the airport, the intense young teacher burning with zeal, the idol rapper in a KPop band, the genius chef in an open kitchen cooking, the young man bringing you on a beach date or a waterski excursion.

So there. Different vibes.

Lol. Sorry guys. I am now on episode 5 of Graceful Family. That drama is wild and it has made my imagination go off on a tangent.

Kim Min Jae does have the romance- melo drama role written all over him. Or the silent, devious killer with a baby face. Imagine his eyes burning with madness.

LSK the voice? Can be the police negotiator.

Hahaha. @emmafaye I agree Ahjusshi is good. I watched a few episodes. But I am a romance drama fan. And even though I've watched him over the years his voice is just soothing. Does nothing for me the romance lead department to coo over him. One needs to be in the mood to watch Ahjusshi. That drama has dark themes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

Ahjusshi is too dark for me and I practically read the whole series recaps. Lee Sun Kyung is The Voice  but he has never inspired any heart melting drama moments for me. His acting is excellent and I loved his wife in her current and previous drama.

However. And I say this even though LMK is young to me and boyish as well; he gives out the romance lead vibes. Even when he was not being romantic in Romantic Doctor Kim 1 and 2. And in the Flower Boy agency drama.

I want  LSK to be the reassuring psychiatrist, the caring class teacher, the loving father, the mad genius physicist, the travel guide, the judge or anything projecting a fatherly and protective sort of role.

Kim Min Jae is the  celeb in sunglasses walking through the mass in the airport, the intense young teacher burning with zeal, the idol rapper in a KPop band, the genius chef in an open kitchen cooking, the young man bringing you on a beach date or a waterski excursion.

So there. Different vibes.

Lol. Sorry guys. I am now on episode 5 of Graceful Family. That drama is wild and it has made my imagination go off on a tangent.

Kim Min Jae does have the romance- melo drama role written all over him. Or the silent, devious killer with a baby face. Imagine his eyes burning with madness.

LSK the voice? Can be the police negotiator.

Hahaha. @emmafaye I agree Ahjusshi is good. I watched a few episodes. But I am a romance drama fan. And even though I've watched him over the years his voice is just soothing. Does nothing for me the romance lead department to coo over him. One needs to be in the mood to watch Ahjusshi. That drama has dark themes.

I'm you, er, you're me.. same here, Ahjusshi is too dark for me, but I 'watched' via reading the recap for the whole series too. and I love his wife too.. 

The first actor whose voice caught my attention was Kim Soo Hyun in YFAS. His low voice with tat boyish face was just mesmerizing. I remember telling my then pre-teen boy, 'Boy please have a voice like that ok'.. (lo n behold, my boy has a v low pitch voice n sings bass, so wishes n prayers do come true )

KMJ ever commented in Happy tog that Han Suk Kyu liked his voice and told him that he can go far with it. I have seen him in other dramas but his voice has never made an impact before.. 

Somehow, his voice in this drama...that low tone, laced with honey, soothing n gentle coupled with all the saccharine words. Potent combination to melt hearts. 

by the way, @ck1Oz graceful family.. hehee tat 'fish' drama... That's makjang done so right! It is really wild, enjoy the ride!

• Like 6

15 hours ago, ahbling said:

yes, I found it.

In EP8, JK aka sourface but pretty good teacher... shared her reasons for kissing JY in NY.. she's jealous etc etc. (Atho, I cannot wrap my head around why you would kiss someone because you are jealous. Does not compute.. jealous+scare the person I'm jealous will think less of me=I must kiss the person so they will think more of me?? :huh: but I hv better 'kisses' to think about so yup not giving this another second of my thoughts)

So in EP2, where SA was buying coffee and overheard the conversation between JY n JK, she was narrating that she found out later that JK kiss JY because she was jealous.. 

Sooooo, means they talked about this? they will talk about this and other things? else how will SA know? Dear JY, share with her, don't bottle it all up inside you.. There's hope that he will share more with her right?? 

I'm not prepared for the angst tat I know will but I hope will not come in the coming ep.. but so far, this show has been giving me angst (with lots of sweet honey) tat squeezed my heart the right way, pls don't change the formula.

From my understanding, here's how she probably went through...

I was the genius, but now I only always get second places or not winning, I can't even become a professional in all of the schools I applied to. My friend who I suggested him to go on the competition is now at a place that I can no longer reach. We used to be on the same level, now this random guy is thinking I am just a fangirl who needs his help to get to him. This friend who has loved me for 10+ years, who have always cherished me for more than a decade, now that I am not the same talented person, am I still that important? Am I still the most important person in his heart? If I cannot become the same level as him on my profession and talent, then at least I need to be sure of one thing - this talented person who is a world class star, I can still stand beside him because he wants me to, I am still on the upper hand because of love. I need to prove that I am still worthy and that I am still the most precious person in his heart. But am I? How dare of this random dude thinking I am a nobody. This worldwide star, loves me for 15 years. Does he still love me, though?

Basically all irrational thoughts but I have to say, very realistic thoughts that someone in that position might have felt lol.

BUT OH MY GOD, that VOICE THO!

I have watched dramas for like 20 years, I have loved and felt heart fluttered with a lot of leads, but I don't recall myself specifically talking to my sister: OMG HIS VOICE LOL There are a lot of deep voices out there, but I think it's the role of Joon Young, the acting, the director and writer, the music, when everything combined as a whole package, his voice in this drama really DID something to my heart too! LOL hahaha 

Edited by peachietime
  • Like 6
  • Insightful 3

Hi Everybody!!:)

This  thread has come a long way!! All for the love for our beloved OTP!❤ thank you so  (everyone )much for sharing your thoughts gifs clips  goodies of just about anyting and everything about this drama.

I need not to say much , but rather  I just want to say These two JY and SA  makes my heart happiest!:wub: that confession from our beloved pianist made me giddy and flip flops my heart all the way!❤and that 4 I LIKE YOU's! Geez!! Its heavenly.  Loving someone needs no labeling or levels! JY loved SA just about everything about her! No need to as the same level with him just like people around them assumed! I think from the time he saw her during  practice JY somehow  was mesmerized by SA. Even more so when they became friends snd confidant.

JY and SA are meant to be..Both will be each other's confort zone and refuge.specially now that JY has been getting a lot of pressure from his professor and the competition coming up, and with his persinal problem in tow, SA will be that ONE whom he can lean on during this trying times! I hope in time JY will learn to open and trust more.

SA in return will definitely get a lot of strenght encouragement support and confidence from JY. (SA needs to more confident in  her chosen career) He will  be her morale booster.

SA APPA!  dont worry! She already found Happiness!:)

New stills..cr sbsdrama.official (IG)

sbsdrama-official-20200925-110209-2

sbsdrama-official-20200925-110209-0

sbsdrama-official-20200925-110209-1

Spoiler

sbsdrama-official-20200925-110209-3

Edited by MinLyn
Please put more than 3 pics in spoiler tags. Thanks.
  • Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Wiggle 1

51 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Aww those stills?!!

Is MS happy because Dimples couple are together??

going back to watch the kiss :P

Yes they are new stills.OTP  must have told MS first of their relationship.:)

Look how happy our Dimple Couple!:wub:

Same with MS! I wonder how JK and DY would react 

Im too on repeat mode of ep 8 fot the nth time! Hahaha  love watching the confession scene over over over over  again!:issohappy:

And welcome sweetie!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Guys, i just noticed that before the confession scene, we actually get a glimpse of SA’s frustration and disappointment. The way she said “misunderstand what?” And “okay. That’s it. You told me, right?” came off as a sense of anger at JY. I was like “whoa!! I haven’t seen this side of SA yet!” Especially because she always hold herself down when others look and speak down on her. 

and whoever wrote to watch the kiss scene on viki was right! Watching the kiss scene with the lyrics in the background=even much sweeter!! 

10 minutes ago, annamchoi said:

Yes they are new stills.OTP  must have told MS first of their relationship.:)

Look how happy our Dimple Couple!:wub:

Same with MS! I wonder how JK and DY would react 

Im too on repeat mode of ep 8 fot the nth time! Hahaha  love watching the confession scene over over over over  again!

And welcome sweetie!

awwww! I am so happy for Dimples couple too! I don’t know how DY is going to take the news but i am sure JK will be pretty jealous which I shall enjoy :naughty:

kiss scene is getting all of us through until Monday lol.

• Like 4

Finally caught up. I feel so sorry for HH and his breakup. And as much as I dislike JK, I do hope that she and HH can work it out later and mend their relationship again even if now, it seems to be impossible. Seeing the flashback, JK at some point did truly love HH and her feeling for JY was stemmed from jealousy of where he was standing with his talent which sadly, they don't understand the burden he felt being on that stage.

With JK case, it seem that competition had gotten the best of her and was what made things spiral down. Those flashback and her winning (what seem to be second place), I get reminded what SA said to the mom in earlier episode, that if she focus too much on the competition and winning, you eventually be engulf in it and may lose your passion and love for your music/instrument which it seem like what JK and JY felt. JK spiral down and was wavering which she had admitted to HH. I feel that had she and HH communicated better, and truly speak to each other, rather than take that she was wavering because of their lack of time together (since HH was away on performance), their relationship wouldn't turn out the way it did - where they're scarred. And I truly pity HH (even if he may not be the greatest friend) but the way that both had kept the secret from him, to him finding out, and JK adding more to the misunderstanding truly hurt his pride.

Although what JK did was hurtful and I don't like her for it, I do like how professional she and SA are. They are both involve with JY but don't let their emotion take the best of them when it comes to work. SA had admitted that she uncomfortable with JK but didn't let that hinge her learning if it was to improve herself with the violin. And JK, knowing that SA holds a special place in JY, wasn't petty and give SA the critique she needed. 

Now for our dimple couples. Can I say over and over how much I love these two. Whenever they have a misunderstanding, they try to clear it as soon as possible and are so open with each other on how they feel, even if they don't see eye to eye from time to time. But by doing so, they're slowly learning from each other. Just like SA telling him that every word and behavior of his affects her, she was the same for him. And boy, how much do I love JY. He is so different from the regular k-drama male lead. Each other there is a misunderstanding or so, he doesn't wrist grab her or any of the sort. He runs up to her and come face to face with her. THANK YOU FOR NO WRIST GRABBING! 

And his confession to her at the very ending. Boy was that a confession (I literally replay it so many times). I love that the moment he accepted to help JK, he immediately goes to SA to let her know rather keeping it from her. He knew that she was uncomfortable with JK and rather keeping it that would create misunderstanding, he rush over to let her know about it. That was so sweet. And then confessing that he like her -- gah, I'm a goner!

Now if only he can open up about his problems to SA and let her be his pillar during his struggle, that would be great. Well hopefully with 8 episode left to go, the drama would take us down to heartache with our dimple couples. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Guys, i just noticed that before the confession scene, we actually get a glimpse of SA’s frustration and disappointment. The way she said “misunderstand what?” And “okay. That’s it. You told me, right?” came off as a sense of anger at JY. I was like “whoa!! I haven’t seen this side of SA yet!” Especially because she always hold herself down when others look and speak down on her. 

and whoever wrote to watch the kiss scene on viki was right! Watching the kiss scene with the lyrics in the background=even much sweeter!! 

awwww! I am so happy for Dimples couple too! I don’t know how DY is going to take the news but i am sure JK will be pretty jealous which I shall enjoy :naughty:

kiss scene is getting all of us through until Monday lol.

I think SA is a bit annoyed there of the mentioned of JK 's name.that she waited for him and all that JY is all talked about is .JK and him helping her out in the recital.

SA! mr pianist loves you! AND will cherishes you.❤

Are we getting more and more sweet kisses in the future episodes pdnim ??  hoping!:D

An all star singers will take part ( upcming) in  the OST..big line up! One of the best OST so far me..I have my favorites and DYLB OST have been included..  ❤ had it downloaded in my Spotify and will buy definitely once the album is release!

Screenshot-20200925-125639-Instagram

Anyone can tell what is these pics all about? Super thanks! :)

sbsdrama-official-20200925-132025-0 sbsdrama-official-20200925-132025-1

• Like 6

@annamchoi i agree! And it’s actually the first time SA expressed her “annoyance” when JY brings up JK. It shows that she is very honest towards JY. These two are going to make a strong couple (please no NOBLE IDIOCY). Btw, we definitely have a line up of very good ost singers! This drama is going to be more beautiful with these osts!! 

@Jillia we actually saw they have had disagreements and little mishaps at which they probably don’t talk for a few days. But even so, you are right. They don’t drag the problem and instead speak honestly about it. This is something they both didn’t do with the ones they like. Last thing i need is a couple who cannot “communicate” again lol.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@annamchoi Haha, SBS twitter actually tweeted the same photo with the caption "Do you like high definition..?" THEY KNOW. I believe they are having some sort of instagram event, though I don't understand the details.

Am I mistaken though, or does it look like Song Ah has a tear on her face? :anguished:

EivNslmUcAImL5Z?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 7