[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

im Min Jae Talks About Preparing For His Role As A Pianist In “Do You Like Brahms?”

Aug 20, 2020
by C. Lee

Kim Min Jae shared his thoughts on playing the piano for the new SBS drama “Do You Like Brahms?”

“Do You Like Brahms?” is about the unstable dreams and love of classical music students.

The drama is already drawing interest as it will be set in the world of classical music, a theme not often seen in dramas. Kim Min Jae stars as Park Joon Young, a genius pianist who has won multiple international competitions.

In the drama, Park Joon Young is the first Korean pianist to win an award at the International Chopin Piano Competition, and Kim Min Jae talked about how he prepared to take on the role of a piano prodigy.

Kim Min Jae said, “Being a pianist seemed very appealing to me. I really wanted to try portraying Park Joon Young because he’s someone who tours the world performing in recitals, but he’s not always happy. There are times when he appears impressive, but there are also times when he becomes dark. I was captivated

by that side of Park Joon Young.”

kim-min-jae.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1420274wpp/kim-min-jae-talks-about-preparing-for-his-role-as-a-pianist-in-do-you-like-brahms

• Like 2

Watch: Kim Min Jae Gives Intense Piano Performance In “Do You Like Brahms?” Teaser + Drama Shares Official Posters

0d0e0ed699fd4f3b8d47a4a22ceddc2d.jpeg?s=

Aug 20, 2020
by C. Hong

Kim Min Jae moved Park Eun Bin to tears in the new teaser of the upcoming SBS drama “Do You Like Brahms?”

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a romance drama about classical musicians. Kim Min Jae stars as Park Joon Young, a genius pianist who has won multiple international competitions, and Park Eun Bin stars as Chae Song Ah, a violinist who is seven years older than her fellow students.

In the new teaser, Kim Min Jae’s character gives a rousing performance of Sergei Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2, complete with full orchestra. Kim Min Jae’s character had placed second in the International Chopin Piano Competition, but there are people who whisper behind his back that second place isn’t good enough.

As he plays, he hears the voices of those who doubt him: “He’s not bad, but he doesn’t live up to his former promise,” “Rank is important. Second is second after all,” and “Maybe it’s not that he doesn’t play the Brahms piano concerto, but that he can’t?”

Kim Min Jae says in frustration, “I’ve never once enjoyed playing the piano.” In the midst of this crisis, Park Eun Bin approaches him and says, “Your piano playing stirred my heart. I’m a fan.” She watches Kim Min Jae’s Rachmaninoff performance with tears in her eyes, and says in narration, “The music that flowed out of him burned so brightly that I cried.”

do-you-like-brahms.jpeg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1420421wpp/watch-kim-min-jae-gives-intense-piano-performance-in-do-you-like-brahms-teaser-drama-shares-official-posters

• Like 3

Bittersweet love triangles and heartbreaking first love in Do You Like Brahms?

by tineybeanie

brminjsr5.jpg

Upcoming classical music drama Do You Like Brahms has released a new teaser and stills of Kim Min-jae (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 2) and Park Eun-bin (Hot Stove League).

The new teaser shows the complex relationships amongst six youths all passionate about classical music. The other young musicians are played by Kim Sung-chul (Arthdal Chronicles), Park Ji-hyun (It’s Okay to Not Be Okay), Lee Yoo-jin (Be Melodramatic), and Bae Da-bin (Arthdal Chronicles).

Kim Min-jae plays a piano prodigy undergoing a slump because of the constant pressure to perform well. Kim Min-jae’s character is the first Korean to win a prize at the Chopin International Piano Competition, and his performance was lauded as “A second place without a first place.” Despite his fame, he’s also the type of person that puts others before himself, and sometimes that leads him to be deceptive to others about his feelings.

brminjsr1.jpg

Regarding his role, Kim Min-jae said, “I thought the occupation of a pianist was immensely charismatic. I wanted to embody Park Joon-young through this drama. Although Joon-young travels all around the world to perform, it didn’t seem like he was a happy person. As much as he is in the spotlight, there’s also a shadowy side to him, and I was attracted to that aspect.”

On the other hand, Park Eun-bin plays a twenty-nine-year-old classical music student who realized late that she was passionate about the violin. But as graduation approaches, she wonders if her decision to pursue music was practical.

In the teaser, Park Eun-bin narrates the copy shown onscreen, “Brahms’ lifelong love was Clara, the wife of his best friend, Schumann,” as she glances to Lee Yoo-jin in a violin-making workshop. A third friend, played by Bae Da-bin, is seen in pictures of Park Eun-bin and Lee Yoo-jin.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/08/bittersweet-love-triangles-and-heartbreaking-first-love-in-do-you-like-brahms/

more

• Like 3

Writernim interview 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003618454 a violinist before a writer based on this trans 

you also can see a glimpse of eunbin playing in late night e-news latest episode 

More of other casts

Spoiler

And presscon plan on Monday

In case some people haven't read this

Edited by guestra
Please note that due to court rulings, embedding IG post links is not permissible. Thanks.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Park Eun Bin Reveals What Drew Her To Her Character In “Do You Like Brahms?” And How It’s Different From Her Past Roles

aa0e89e4f3cb49d1a801b47e2727a108.jpeg?s=

Aug 23, 2020
by S. P

Ahead of the premiere for SBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Do You Like Brahms?” Park Eun Bin sat down to discuss how she relates to her role.

“Do You Like Brahms?” is already gaining attention for being a romance drama set in the world of classical musicians, a theme not often seen in K-dramas. Kim Min Jae stars as Park Joon Young, a genius pianist who has won multiple international competitions, and Park Eun Bin stars as Chae Song Ah, a violinist who is seven years older than her fellow students.

Chae Song Ah possesses a strong love of the violin, made evident by her decision to enroll in the music department of her university after already having graduated from the business school there. 27-year-old Chae Song Ah then spends her summer facing the reality of pursuing her dream amidst her talented peers.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1421020wpp/park-eun-bin-reveals-what-drew-her-to-her-character-in-do-you-like-brahms-and-how-its-different-from-her-past-roles

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Character Posters! 

Everyone looks sooooo cool and beautiful! I especially like the characters holding the cellos. They are looking awesome. I hope we see at least a couple full performances in the drama since I've read that many of the actors are practicing their instruments!!! :) 

• Like 1

Wait a second.... how old are each of the characters suppose to be? Are all of them suppose to be 29? :what!:

I initially though that the ML and his friends were younger than the female lead but are they all the same age? They did say that this is a story of romance about 29 year olds..... and from the character descriptions it seems like everyone is on the older side.

Spoiler

One of the ML's friends even has a PhD. 

I thought everyone is a uni student or at least the ML and his friends are uni students along with the FL but from the character descriptions it seems like the FL is the only one still in uni. 

I feel kind of deceived lol. Haha I was wondering why there weren't any uni scenes in the 7 minute highlight, now I know. lol I totally thought this was a noona romance this entire time because they cast a younger ML who looks his age. Well it doesn't matter and won't affect my enjoyment. Just wanted to express my surprise lol 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tired_soybean said:

Wait a second.... how old are each of the characters suppose to be? Are all of them suppose to be 29? :what!:

I initially though that the ML and his friends were younger than the female lead but are they all the same age? They did say that this is a story of romance about 29 year olds..... and from the character descriptions it seems like everyone is on the older side.

Yes, if you watch sbs catch latest game with all 6 leads, they should answer this question: sum of all their character ages haha, exactly 29 x 6. Cmiiw but some idols have high degree in education so I think even the young ones often achieved it there? Hehe

Today's update

G.o.d participation for Brahms ost woa https://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=311&aid=0001192699 

Kfan: the songs singer in highlight is punch 

Also here the music director works before 

Spoiler

Viu and iqiyi have the license of this drama I think. There's teaser Chinese subbed in their YouTube channel also these additional pics. I like them

Someone said my mind, I also remember 'your lie on April' when it comes to pianist guy and violinist lady hehe

one TV Asia gonna air it on the next day after Korean broadcast too. 

At the same time as presscon I think. Op @komoonyoungs on twitter didn't capture the exact time 

Spoiler 

I like the anticipation from fans ^^ check their accounts for more 

Will we have happy ending? Lol

• Like 2

Kim Min Jae And Park Eun Bin Are Shy As They Make Eye Contact In Upcoming Drama “Do You Like Brahms?”

a8eec99d1b3440339c1f571e3a480a23.jpeg?s=

Aug 26, 2020
by L. Kim

SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?” released new stills of Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin ahead of its premiere date!

The drama will tell a story about the love and dreams of classical music students. Park Eun Bin plays Chae Song Ah, a fourth year student who pursued violin at a late age, and Kim Min Jae takes the role of world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young.

The photos show Chae Song Ah and Park Joon Young’s coincidental encounter at the airport. They suddenly make eye contact, and awkwardness starts to flow between them. They stare at each other in embarrassment and uneasiness, but for some reason, they can’t look away.

The writer Ryu Bo Ri shared, “Chae Song Ah and Park Joon Young will talk about the love triangle between Johannes Brahms, Robert Schumann, and Clara Schumann, and this conversation will be the center of the drama.”

kim-min-jae.png

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1421719wpp/kim-min-jae-and-park-eun-bin-are-shy-as-they-make-eye-contact-in-upcoming-drama-do-you-like-brahms

• Like 2

Group god (Geo-D) participates in the drama OST (Original Sound Track) for the first time in 21 years of debut.

1Z6QB8LXLB_1.jpg

On the 26th, the management company Sidus HQ said, “God decided to sing the OST of SBS's new Monday and Tuesday drama'Do you like Brahms?'. It will give you a new harmony with a song that contains the colors and emotions of ".

God, who debuted as'To Mother' in 1999, received a lot of love for hit songs such as'Gill','One Candle','Lie','I Love You and Remember'.

https://sedaily.com/NewsView/1Z6QB8LXLB

• Like 2

EXO’s Chen, Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon, Heize, And More To Sing OST For “Do You Like Brahms?”

a6eae8c2cce1416c821e4074afd0e10e.jpeg?s=

Aug 27, 2020
by C. Hong

SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?” has already lined up an amazing roster of artists for its original soundtrack (OST)!

“Do You Like Brahms” is a drama about classical music students that stars Kim Min Jae as a genius pianist and Park Eun Bin as a violinist student who is older than her fellow students after changing her goals in life.

On August 27, Nyam Nyam Entertainment, the company in charge of producing the drama’s OST, confirmed that Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon, EXO’s Chen, 10cm, g.o.d, Heize, and Punch were the first lineup of artists for the soundtrack.

Hit producer Song Dong Woon, who worked as a general producer on the OSTs for “Hotel Del Luna,” “It’s Okay, That’s Love,” “Descendants of the Sun,” and “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo (Moon Lovers),” will be working on the OST for “Do You Like Brahms?” as well. Song Dong Woon also worked on four of the hit songs from the “Goblin” OST, including Ailee’s “I Will Go to You Like the First Snow,” Chanyeol and Punch’s “Stay With Me,” Crush’s “Beautiful,” and Soyou’s “I Miss You.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1421848wpp/exos-chen-girls-generations-taeyeon-heize-and-more-to-sing-ost-for-do-you-like-brahms

• Like 1

Kim Min Jae And Park Eun Bin Talk About Their Experience Filming Their New Drama “Do You Like Brahms?”

45b272c6c7b0453f8765b912038c7948.jpeg?s=

Aug 28, 2020
by C. Hong

Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin, the lead actors of the upcoming SBS drama “Do You Like Brahms?”, recently participated in a pictorial and interview for the magazine Allure.

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a drama about classical music students. Kim Min Jae stars as Park Joon Young, a genius pianist who has won multiple international competitions, and Park Eun Bin stars as Chae Song Ah, a violinist who chose to pursue music later in life than her peers.

kim-min-jae-park-eun-bin2.jpg

In the interview, the reporter asked, “There are pictorials shot after a drama is complete, and there are pictorials that come out before a drama premieres. Is there a difference in how they feel?” Kim Min Jae replied, “There is a bit of a difference. Around the time the drama ends, you know what kind of judgment and opinions were formed around it. Whether the results are good or bad, you can talk more freely about the drama. But I like what we’re doing today. It feels like our characters are enjoying a day off.”

The actor continued, “The drama is set to premiere on August 31. We’ve been filming since April. If I look at what we’ve done already, I think we’re just past the halfway point.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1422154wpp/kim-min-jae-and-park-eun-bin-talk-about-their-experience-filming-their-new-drama-do-you-like-brahms

• Like 4