[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

28 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I was thinking about what the violin symbolizes in episode 7 and overall but especially in this episode. In my mind the violin represents Song Ah's heart. She loves the violin so much and she puts all her heart into playing it. In this episode when Joon Young and Song Ah enter the campus building, so she can wash her hands, he asks her to give him the violin case. Song Ah hesitates. Maybe because she doesn't want to bother him but also it's not easy to let go of something that is so dear to her. In the end Joon Young promises her he won't run away with, so she gives him the violin case (her heart).

But as soon as Joon Young hears Hyun Ho and Jung Kyung fighting he runs away/leaves and puts the violin case (Song Ah's heart) away, he leaves it behind. So when Song Ah leaves the restroom she finds Joon Young and her violin case gone and finds them in the room with her violin case abandoned on the table. She takes it and leaves. It's like she took back her heart and asks Joon Young whether there is still space for with Jung Kyung holding so much space in Joon Young's heart.

Later in the bus, the elderly lady asks Song Ah to give her the violin case (it's pretty common to offer this in public transportation in SK) but Song Ah remembers how Joon Young left with it, so she refuses the offer. So she is already protective of her heart.

I'm probably reading too much into it but this is what came to my mind. :D

Source: DCGall, credited as labeled

I agreed with your opinion

The symbolic meaning behind the scene

It showed that JY still put JK in front of SA

Dont forget the handkerchief 

Whenever SA ask him the question, he still cant answer it

My heart goes to SA

I guess that's why she feels JY will never come to her
Even her sister scene about her lost case to other person is quite symbolic
"He shouldnt told me to wait in the 1st place"
The irony of the words "wait" in SA context with JY

I hope the writer can keep up with the drama quality until the end

So much thought is put in every scene

• Like 6

Jung Kyung gave Song Ah compliments but she asked her not to work hard only but she only didn’t feel the emotion in the song. Hell Jung Kyung :sweating:

Jung Kyung gave her the partiture of the violin sonata that she had wrote where is the tempo and other. She gave her like she gave her student a homework 

Joon Young wait for her and asked her to wait for a little longer. EXCUSE ME SIRE. 

and Song Ah just nodded. This girl is so obedient 

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Thanks 5

Young In starts to feel suspicious about Park Kwajang. He is definitely fishy in her eyes. About breaching contract and chris problems. 

Her professor is worthless. She looks boring where Song Ah starts to feel like there’s something wrong. 

Chris called Joon Young and i like his pronunciation in english. I totally understood what he had said in phone. He knew about the contract.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

So there’s a rumour between Professor Yoo and Jun Young. The rumor seems bad since the reporter knows about the rumour. She even asked about Jimin and the tchauvsky ( sorry i can’t remember this ) ‘s competition 

Professor Yoo said he is quite good to have interview but he is not good in practice his song. 

Song Ah yaaaaa :( 

She seems so nice to Joon Young even asked him to have a lunch with her but he rejected her offer because he wanted to meet someone. EXCUSE ME SIREEEE DONT GIVE HER TOO MUCH SMILE LIKE THAT. I CANT STOP FEELING THIS EXCITEMENT 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

HH, yes! I am so proud of you! Finally letting her go and saying goodbye! But why is JK crying? I don’t understand her at all. She hurts him and then cries when it is his turn to say goodbye to her. Like why? 

She spent many years with him and I’m sure she remembered his kindness and the way he treated her. She hurt him and she came face to face with that last night when he was practically holding back his tears to finally say his piece before telling her not to show up at his home again. It’s their final goodbye as a couple so I can see how that would make both of them cry. Her father’s admonition to her was also spot on. Before, she treated him callously but now I think she regrets hurting him with her angry words. I honestly hope there’s no second chance for them. Maybe it’s time for Hyun Ho to expand his world and meet new people. In the past he was probably too caught in his life with JK so this might be a time of growth for him. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

Park kwajang is really into my nerves. How dare he asked Joon Young and mind their love triangle and act like he is not the same level between these two. 

Song Ah got scolded by her pianist partner because she can’t feel the connection between her play. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, rukizie said:

So there’s a rumour between Professor Yoo and Jun Young. The rumor seems bad since the reporter knows about the rumour. She even asked about Jimin and the tchauvsky ( sorry i can’t remember this ) ‘s competition 

Professor Yoo said he is quite good to have interview but he is not good in practice his song. 

Song Ah yaaaaa :( 

She seems so nice to Joon Young even asked him to have a lunch with her but he rejected her offer because he wanted to meet someone. EXCUSE ME SIREEEE DONT GIVE HER TOO MUCH SMILE LIKE THAT. I CANT STOP FEELING THIS EXCITEMENT 

I understand your frustration when he smiles. I fell for him for his smile too. That darn smile.

:crymeme:

Just now, rukizie said:

Park kwajang is really into my nerves. How dare he asked Joon Young and mind their love triangle and act like he is not the same level between these two. 

Song Ah got scolded by her pianist partner because she can’t feel the connection between her play. 

I bet she will feel the connection only with Joon Young 

:shaq:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Being single and watching Joon Young smiles so bright with his dimples on his face like that makes my heart flutter uncontrollably. Oh holy poo in toast. 

Jung Kyung recalled her memories with Hyun Ho. What a waste to break up with this caring man. Whole year he used to care her so much but she couldn’t. She  swayed because she didn’t think the meaning of love that Hyun Ho gave to her. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thirsty 1

1 minute ago, rukizie said:

Being single and watching Joon Young smiles so bright with his dimples on his face like that makes my heart flutter uncontrollably. Oh holy poo in toast. 

I feel you.

And let’s not talk about that VOICE. Good Lord.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, heartoppaya said:

I feel you.

And let’s not talk about that VOICE. Good Lord.

I need to have a man with voice like that. Noona agreed :D 

Song Ah called Dong Yoon after Min Sung told her that he rejected his blind date. She even asked Song Ah about Joon Young. She gave her and advice to have him as a pianist for her exam lol. You go MinSungiieeee

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Jun Yong practiced with Professor Yoo but he didn’t feel the song. Like Joon Young only practiced for playing not to have a competition. Please don’t play around and stay focus.  

Song Ah has lunch together but his mind still wandered anywhere. They just talked each other but their awkwardness just killing me. 

Song Ah wanted to ask him to be his partner indirectly but he often lost his mind so she didn’t ask again.

He asked her to have a lunch with him. Our boy wants to have a lunch date with our girl

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Damn it Jung Kyung! What the heck yo!? Just 'cause you're miserable you have to drag everyone else with you huh!? Urgh. Can we like push her and Hyun Ho off a cliff? I'm not kidding LoL. I don't pity either of them tbh. Like Hyun Ho never noticed how unhappy Jung Kyung was for the past decade or did he choose to ignore LoL? Same goes for Jung Kyung, why didn't you come clean instead you stringed Hyun Ho along for 10 freaking years yikes.

And aww~ Song Ah... dear sweet Song Ah... for real now Dong Yoon wants to win her over. And Min Sung ah get a damn clue. Not everything is about you. 

I have to say I really love Song Ah's style. It's really feminine and elegant. I like how she opted to tie her own shoelaces instead of doing the cliched trope. Just wanted to add that I love how her outfit matches JYP at times. Drama please let these 2 be happy..?? 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

20 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

I’ve been on soompi for over 7 years and still only Kim Min Jae was able to give me butterflies with that voice of his.

I have been in Soompi for ten years but only Kim Woo Bin and Kim Min Jae made my heart goes doki doki

Hyun Ho got called from Kyung Hoo’s staff and he didn’t know that Nah Director is sick. 

So the rumor starts between Song Ah and Joon Young even her classmate asked her 

How dare Haena said why a world star like Joon Young date an ordinary girl like her ? The hell. 

Nothing is impossible in this world. I might be dating with some idols if i lived in Korea. 

The insecurity starts again and eat her alive. Joon Young doesn’t mind that. So why he acted so nice when she got rejected in orchestra last time. 

Why Song Ah ? Why :( 

She is not confident around him. He asked him why you want to wait for me, eat together with me and even told me everything but you feel like it’s a burden for you. 

THE ANGST IS HERE GUYSSSS

he left her in disappointment and disbelief 

Dong Yoon called her and asked her where is she right now because they had promise to meet but she totally forgot.

Dong Yoon already stood in front of her. 

DONG YOON CONFESSES THAT HE LIKES HER :crymeme:

he liked her since beginning but he never realized and always think about her. He was afraid to confess his feeling because he might break their friendship :( 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

“Song Ah ssi, are you doing well ? Are you in house ? Why you’re in Kyung Hoo. Please stay there. Dont go anywhere because i want to say something. “ 

Joon Young calls Song Ah

MY FEELING GOSH

Young In asked Song Ah for wait Joon Young a little longer. It might be hard but it will definitely worth it. DID YOUNG IN KNOW THAT SONG AH AND JOON YOUNG RELATIONSHIP???

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Wiggle 3

WHAT DID I HEAR THAT JOON YOUNG WILL BE JUNG KYUNG PARTNER AS IN VIOLINIST? DID I LISTEN ON THE SAME PAGE THAT HE WANTS SONG AH TO UNDERSTAND HIM ? EXCUSE ME SIRE YOU JUST BROKE HER HEART EVEN WORSE

Misunderstanding? What kind of misunderstanding? 

Sire you already created a boundary that you and Song Ah are different. 

WHAT THE HELL HE SUDDENLY CONFESSED THAT HE LIKES SONG AH AND WHAT AAAAAAAAAAAAA HE KISSED HER AAAMAAAAAAAA MY HEART 

DONT SAY TOO MUCH THAT YOU LIKE HER JOON YOUNG I ALMOST FAINTED

• Like 2
  • Shocked 7
  • Wiggle 2

At this rate, Joon Young wanted to eat her alive in the practice room :nomeme:

THAT KISSS OMOOOOO HE WOULD DEFINITELY EAT HER ALIVE.

next ost would be sung by K. Will

summary preview for episode 9 :

Joon Young and Song Ah started dating. Joon Young told Jung Kyung that he doesnt care anymore about schuman or brahms. He only cares about Song Ah. He even told her classmate about the rumor is true. But the depression of Joon Young will start to eat him. Professor Yoo asked him to stay in shape not bothering nothing except his piano because it's his life. In the end of preview, he seems played the piano a little devastated meanwhile mirroring Song Ah after they kissed.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3