[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

Kim Min Jae Becomes The Perfect Pianist For Upcoming Drama “Do You Like Brahms?”

Jul 22, 2020
by J. Lim
65bd31939a3c41ea94041f0670fc7a7a.jpeg?s=

Upcoming SBS Monday-Tuesday drama “Do You Like Brahms?” has given insight into Kim Min Jae’s transformation into pianist Park Joon Young.

“Do You Like Brahms?” will tell a story of love and dreams of classical music students, and will be the first SBS Monday-Tuesday drama in approximately two months. Kim Min Jae will be taking on the role of Park Joon Young, a genius pianist who has won at multiple international competitions. He is a 29-year-old who has known nothing but piano all of his life, but suddenly experiences a wave of emotions that throws his life into chaos.

The new stills show Park Joon Young getting lost in the moment as he plays the piano. The high level of concentration that can be felt from the stills reflects Kim Min Jae’s determination to immerse himself into his role. He is said to have begun practicing playing the piano soon after being cast in the drama so that he could film his scenes without a stand-in.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1414241wpp/kim-min-jae-becomes-the-perfect-pianist-for-upcoming-drama-do-you-like-brahms

• Like 1

Watch: Kim Min Jae And Park Eun Bin Converse Through Music In “Do You Like Brahms?” Teaser

Jul 24, 2020
by S. Nam

75c792e0ea75424f9b980bf68a82bc3b.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Do You Like Brahms?” released its first teaser!

“Do You Like Brahms?” will tell a story of love and dreams of classical music students. Park Eun Bin will play the role of Chae Song Ah, a fourth-year student majoring in violin who is seven years older than her fellow students. Kim Min Jae will take on the role of Park Joon Young, a genius pianist who has won at multiple international competitions.

The teaser opens with the sound of beautiful piano music. As Park Joon Young plays Robert Schumann’s “Träumerei,” Chae Song Ah watches quietly from the door with a stunned expression on her face. The two characters almost seem to be having a conversation through music.

When the two meet, Park Joon Young and Chae Song Ah exchange shy smiles. In the background, Chae Song Ah hints at their special connection as she narrates, “That day, I knew. Because of this person who played me music before talking to me.” She continues, “Therefore, even as I am wounded and wounded again, I will continue to love. I knew that day.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1414702wpp/watch-kim-min-jae-and-park-eun-bin-converse-through-music-in-do-you-like-brahms-teaser

• Like 1

Park Eun Bin And Kim Min Jae Gaze Into Each Other’s Eyes In “Do You Like Brahms?”

Jul 31, 2020
by S. Nam

b06b7750ed8e4f46993a6e93a44e3506.png?s=9

SBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Do You Like Brahms?” released a new poster!

“Do You Like Brahms?” will tell a story of love and dreams of classical music students. Park Eun Bin will play the role of Chae Song Ah, a fourth-year student majoring in violin who is seven years older than her fellow students. Kim Min Jae will take on the role of Park Joon Young, a genius pianist who has won at multiple international competitions.

Previously, the drama released its first teaser video of Park Joon Young playing Robert Schumann’s “Träumerei” on the piano and Chae Song Ah narrating her inner feelings. Eventually, the two meet and exchange shy smiles.

Continuing where the teaser video left off, the new poster shows Park Joon Young and Chae Song Ah gazing into each other’s eyes softly. The two walk along the stone wall during the late summer night, creating a touching and gentle atmosphere. The scene is reminiscent of a beautiful watercolor painting and raises anticipation for the upcoming romance between the two main leads.

Furthermore, Park Joon Young and Chae Song Ah appear to be sharing a conversation through their eyes, highlighting their deep and special connection. Just through the simple scene, warmth and heart-fluttering excitement radiates from the couple.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1416123wpp/park-eun-bin-and-kim-min-jae-gaze-into-each-others-eyes-in-do-you-like-brahms-poster

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Watch: Park Eun Bin And Kim Min Jae Are Sweet And Shy As They Fall In Love In “Do You Like Brahms?” Teaser

Aug 3, 2020
by L. Kim

fcd2d5634dde4752b818b144ec0c31c6.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Do You Like Brahms?” has released a new teaser!

“Do You Like Brahms?” will tell a story of love and dreams of classical music students. Park Eun Bin will play the role of Chae Song Ah, a fourth-year student majoring in violin who is seven years older than her fellow students. Kim Min Jae will take on the role of Park Joon Young, a genius pianist who has won at multiple international competitions.

The teaser starts off with Park Joon Young calling Chae Song Ah. She takes a nervous, deep breath before accepting his call. They talk over gentle smiles, and even though you can’t hear what they’re saying, you can feel how nervous and excited they are to talk to each other.

Once the call ends, Park Joon Young can’t stop smiling, and Chae Song Ah rolls around in her blanket with giddy laughter. Towards the end of the clip, the couple-to-be meet at their signature spot next to the stone wall, and they enjoy a lovely moonlight walk. The back of their hands continuously bump against each other, and the two step back to look at each other. When they make eye-contact, they break into shy laughter, and they continue to walk down the pavement together.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1416702wpp/watch-park-eun-bin-and-kim-min-jae-are-sweet-and-shy-as-they-fall-in-love-in-do-you-like-brahms-teaser

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

Park Eun Bin Talks About Starring With Kim Min Jae In “Do You Like Brahms?” And Shares Her Future Goals

Aug 3, 2020
by C. Lee

4430ea0cbe7c4eb79916d5b5cc04c96f.jpeg?s=

Park Eun Bin teamed up with The Star magazine for a photo shoot and interview to discuss her upcoming drama, why she loves her fans, and more.

In the interview, the actress commented on how she felt about the shoot. She said, “It’s been a while since I’ve shot for a pictorial, and I liked how the concept was right up my alley.”

Park Eun Bin also shared that she’s been busy filming her upcoming SBS drama “Do You Like Brahms?

“It’s a melodrama about youth that goes well with the detailed and calming genre of classical music,” she said. “‘Do You Like Brahms?’ tells the story of people dealing with unrequited love as they grow up into adults. I recommend it to this generation’s youth and to those who want to listen to music.”

Park Eun Bin talked about working alongside Kim Min Jae in the new drama. She said, “Kim Min Jae has a lot of mature and grown-up sides to him. He also has a serious mindset and attitude toward acting, so we’re always on the same page when we talk about it.”

She continued, “Our drama is supposed to naturally capture the soft romance that is born within feelings of awkwardness and embarrassment, and I couldn’t have met a better co-star.”

When asked to choose the best project she’s done so far, Park Eun Bin responded, “Although I can’t exactly choose one, I hope that ‘Do You Like Brahms?’ will become the drama that represents my 20s, as it’s the last project I will do as a twenty-something.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1416879wpp/park-eun-bin-talks-about-starring-with-kim-min-jae-in-do-you-like-brahms-and-shares-her-future-goals

• Like 3

Keeping an eye on this one! I've missed watching dramas mixed with classical music.

The teasers seem to show romance between the two leads, but the relationship chart doesn't show a loveline between the two of them so I'm confused.

(blue line - friendship / red - loveline / green - family)

Hr51594859585215-850.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, im0202 said:

Keeping an eye on this one! I've missed watching dramas mixed with classical music.

The teasers seem to show romance between the two leads, but the relationship chart doesn't show a loveline between the two of them so I'm confused.

(blue line - friendship / red - loveline / green - family)

I like the classical music theme in kdramas too. I knew it was a romance drama but I thought it is more comedic than melodramatic. It`s alright. I like better. I think both leads will have a friendship first and then will grow as a romantic relationship. From the chart, both have someone to love and that person have another love interest. Park Eun bin talked about unrequited love and growth for characters. I think they both will heal from heartbroken and start to love each other in the process. From what I read, it is promissing.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, larus said:

I like the classical music theme in kdramas too. I knew it was a romance drama but I thought it is more comedic than melodramatic. It`s alright. I like better. I think both leads will have a friendship first and then will grow as a romantic relationship. From the chart, both have someone to love and that person have another love interest. Park Eun bin talked about unrequited love and growth for characters. I think they both will heal from heartbroken and start to love each other in the process. From what I read, it is promissing.

I think the last classical music theme drama I really enjoyed was Nodame Cantabile (jdrama).

I don’t mind some romance but I hope the portrayal of instrument-playing scenes will be accurate and not too over-the-top or unrealistic. It was nice finding out that Kim Min Jae can play the piano to some degree. 
I’m also hoping the drama will introduce me to some good classical pieces that I haven’t heard of before.

:heart2:

• Like 4

Upcoming Drama “Do You Like Brahms?” Shares Sneak Peek Of Park Eun Bin And Kim Min Jae’s Warm Romance

Aug 5, 2020
by L. Kim

834dc2b314e3462da3fdd614ba04b67c.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Do You Like Brahms?” has released new stills of Park Eun Bin and Kim Min Jae.

“Do You Like Brahms?” will tell a story of love and dreams of classical music students. Park Eun Bin will play the role of Chae Song Ah, a fourth-year student majoring in violin who is seven years older than her fellow students. Kim Min Jae will take on the role of Park Joon Young, a genius pianist who has won at multiple international competitions.

The two actors are especially drawing attention with their appearances in an emotional romance genre drama for the first time. Both actors have portrayed various love lines in their respective dramas, but this is the first time they will be acting as the leads in a drama centered on romance. Fans are already looking forward to their unique chemistry.

The new stills give a glimpse into the love line between Chae Song Ah and Park Joon Young. In one photo, they pose together for a sweet but slightly awkward photo. From this, it is natural to presume that their relationship will not only be warm and sweet but delicate and reserved. In another photo, the two characters gaze deeply into each other’s eyes, and this further raises anticipation for their upcoming romance.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1417237wpp/upcoming-drama-do-you-like-brahms-shares-sneak-peek-of-park-eun-bin-and-kim-min-jaes-warm-romance

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ahn Sang Eun confirmed for SBS drama Dp You Like Brahms?  and she acts as Jung Da-eun who is in charge of Kyung-Ho cultural foundation’s promotion.

optimize

Jung Daun, who is played byAhn Sang-eun in the drama, is a public relations employee who has been working at the Kyunghoo Cultural Foundation for 3 years. Not only is he a'cidar worker' who is proud and has everything to say, but he is also good at work and quick to notice.

Ahn Sang-eun said, "It hasn't been long since I greeted you with the first drama, but thankfully, I am honored to be able to visit you with the second drama'Do you like Brahms?' Gwa is studying, studying, and acting in order to show the character of another office worker, so I ask for a lot of love and interest."

https://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2020081414198246875

3rd teaser

Teaser with english subtitles

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Watch: Kim Min Jae And Park Eun Bin Suffer From Unrequited Love In “Do You Like Brahms?” Teaser

Aug 14, 2020
by C. Hong

SBS’s upcoming classical music drama “Do You Like Brahms?” has released a new teaser!

“Do You Like Brahms?” is about the unstable dreams and love of classical music students. Park Eun Bin stars as Chae Song Ah, a violinist who is seven years older than her fellow students. Kim Min Jae stars as Park Joon Young, a genius pianist who has won multiple international competitions.

The new teaser begins with the words, “The person that [Johannes] Brahms loved his whole life was his close friend’s wife, Clara Schumann.” In the video, Park Eun Bin gazes longingly at Lee Yoo Jin, who is her friend in the orchestra club. But Lee Yoo Jin appears to be involved with Bae Da Bin, another close friend of Park Eun Bin.

Kim Min Jae is also suffering from unrequited love. Although he lives a life to be envied as a genius pianist, as soon as he comes off the stage, he thinks longingly of Park Ji Hyun. However, Park Ji Hyun shares a soft smile with Kim Sung Cheol, Kim Min Jae’s other friend. As their love lives get more tangled, the narration reads, “Brahms lived his whole life alone by Clara’s side.”

At the end, however, Park Eun Bin and Kim Min Jae find comfort in each other. Both of them are in love with the friend of their friend, but when Park Eun Bin asks Kim Min Jae, “Do you like Brahms?”, their gazes meet and sparks fly.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1419088wpp/watch-kim-min-jae-and-park-eun-bin-suffer-from-unrequited-love-in-do-you-like-brahms-teaser

• Like 3

Park Eun Bin Shares Why She Chose “Do You Like Brahms?” And How She’s Preparing To Play A Violinist

by J.Lim

Park Eun Bin has opened up about why she decided to join SBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Do You Like Brahms?” and what she has been doing for her role to portray a realistic violinist.

“Do You Like Brahms” is about the unstable dreams and love of classical music students. The drama is already drawing interest as it will be set in the world of classical music, a theme not often seen in dramas. Park Eun Bin will take on the role of Chae Song Ah, who graduated with a degree in business administration but decided to go back to school for her love of playing the violin.

Park Eun Bin explained that “Do You Like Brahms?” is special to her as the violin has always been an instrument she has had a connection with. Even when she was a child actress, she took violin lessons and she was even a member of her college orchestra. She said, “I always wanted to appear in a drama that required me to play the violin, so meeting Chae Song Ah is like fate for me.”

Park-Eun-Bin-11.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1419797wpp/park-eun-bin-shares-why-she-chose-do-you-like-brahms-and-how-shes-preparing-to-play-a-violinist

• Like 4